All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:57 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Sirius stepper further into the room but was honestly at a bit of a loss of how to handle himself.
Remus looked comfortable and very much like someone who had had nothing too exciting going on for most of the day, but in a way that had definitely been a choice. It made Sirius feel a little shy, almost feeling like he was intruding on a private moment.
“Merry Christmas,” he said with a sheepish grin, as he hovered a few steps away from Remus, unsure just how much interaction his dorm mate actually wanted, but also unable to go without him at all.
“Whatcha reading?” He asked in lieu of conversation, figuring that it was as good a place to start as any.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:46 am 

At the mention of his book, Remus thoughtlessly glanced upward, almost seeming a little surprised that Sirius had asked. Straightening his posture against the headboard, Remus brought the book back into his own view, eyes barely skimming over the title before offering it to Sirius.
“From the Earth to the Moon, A Direct Route in 97 Hours and 20 Minutes,” he mused, with a grin and an ease that betrayed the fact that it was an old childhood favourite. That in and of itself felt like a degree of vulnerability Remus had yet to show to Sirius, but spoken in their dorm room, both studying astrophysics, Remus almost like he had bared something that was fundamental to why he was even here.
It made his smile turn sheepish.
“Do you know it?”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:46 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The title was a familiar one to Sirius, one of few fiction books that he had managed to sneak past his mother when he was a child, and one that he had read cover to cover more times than he could count. It brought a grin to his face, having not actually thought about it since he started studying.
“Yeah, I used to try and sneak books about space past my mother constantly as a kid, for some reason that one made the cut,” he said, glad to find something else that he and Remus had in common.
All in all, Sirius considered Remus a good friend of his, realising that the two of them actually had a lot of things in common and he quite enjoyed spending time with him whenever he got the chance.
“First time reading it?”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:32 am 

“No,” Remus said, a blanket but boyish dismissal. Something within him felt humorously affronted by the assumption that he hadn’t, or that he had read it with less interest than Sirius seemingly had himself.
Shifting in his seat, Remus finally sat up straighter, this being a conversation he was surprisingly keen to invite. The change in perspective sent a dull thrum through his system, proof that he perhaps hadn’t sobered entirely back up; it wasn’t unpleasant.
“No, Verne is an old favourite of mine,” he elaborated as he abandoned the book on his nightstand. There was an easy grin on his lips as his eyes returned onto Sirius. “Didn’t have to sneak them in, though.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:28 am 

This piqued Sirius’ interest in his dorm mate further, well aware that Jules Verne weren’t exactly an unknown author, yet he still found it rare to find someone who would describe him as a favourite.
Unthinkingly, Sirius sat down next to Remus on the bed, face alight with the conversation that they had just found themselves in and a bright smile on his lips.
“Mine too,” he stated with such enthusiasm that it seemed unbelievable that the topic of conversation was an old author. More than anything though, Sirius was keen to dive deeper into the things they had in common, finding it exciting and interesting.
“I usually got a pass with Verne for some reason, at least as long as I read them in French.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:53 pm 

Without even seeming to realise it, Remus made space for Sirius, unaware of whether it was a reaction or an invitation. He drew his legs further up beneath him, forcing him to sit up further, the diminished distance between them almost juvenile, in the way they were discussing a beloved writer of theirs.
“Of course you would,” Remus snickered, though it wasn’t a complaint. If anything it was fun, coming to realise he maybe had a better understanding of Sirius that what he would have initially thought. “What, did your parents not realise they were fictional?”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:42 pm 

Sirius couldn’t help but chuckle at that, feeling fairly certain that that had been the case, and it was nice that Remus seemed to catch on to what had been going on in his life, even if he clearly had had a very different adolescence.
“I don’t think they did no,” he stated with a shake of his head, having no idea why Jules Verne had been the blind spot in his otherwise very strict childhood, but he was eternally grateful for it.
“But it made my french so much better and honestly I think that that was what they cared the most about at the time.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:00 pm 

Remus watched Sirius elaborate with interest, a grin playing idly on his lips. Even though it felt like Remus had learned too much about Sirius’ relationship with his parents, Sirius had realistically only shared the broadest strokes. These little tidbits about his childhood were surprisingly interesting, finding that they filled out the gaps in Sirius’ story.
“Do your parents speak French?” he had to interject, a tease above anything else. “No questions asked to a book titled Voyage to the Center of the Earth?”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:06 pm 

It had been ages since Sirius had last explained his childhood to anyone, even just aspects like the ones that he was currently sharing with Remus. It seemed mundane at best to him yet he also knew that it was pretty out of the norm for most, so it was just a breath of fresh air to have Remus sitting there, interested but seemingly not judging.
“I worked my way up to that one,” he stated with a grin, having spent so much of his childhood and adolescence lying and keeping things secret to his parents that lying about the books he read had been second nature, even back then.
“They both speak French but I got pretty good at keeping things from them very early.”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:00 am 

Remus’ smiled at that, a pull of his lips in lieu of a laugh. Despite the ease of Sirius’ smile, Remus recognized that bittersweet sentiment, and Remus could only wish that that wasn’t the case; for either of them.
“That’s alright,” he said, thoughtlessly picking a wool pill off of Sirius' sweater sleeve. His gaze had wavered, but there was a soft, reassuring smile on his lips when he once again met Sirius’ eye. “Our parents aren’t supposed to know everything.”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:07 am 

The touch was barely anything at all, yet it was enough to send shivers down Sirius’ spine, especially when accompanied by those words.
Rationally he knew that most people his age likely didn’t tell their parents anything, but it still felt forbidden somehow, having been preached that his parents knew best and had to know everything that was going on since he was a child.
It made him turn to look at Remus, feeling breathless by their proximity and the attraction that he still hadn’t figured out how to navigate.
“Remus, can I kiss you?” He found himself asking without thinking, the request enough to make a blush find its way to his cheeks, knowing that it was probably too much to ask. However, he was also deadly curious about Remus, wanting to understand why he was so attracted to him when it had never felt this way before.
“I’m sorry, I understand if that is not where we are,” he started out, already feeling like he was overstepping and keenly aware that Remus had rejected him before and he might do it again. “I guess I am just curious, I haven’t really had any good experiences in the past but it was a good experience with you and I guess that I am just keen to find out why that might be.”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:03 am 

It was seeing the word kiss leave Sirius’ lips that made Remus realise his gaze had once again dipped, although this time not to the fabric of Sirius’ sweater. He realised he had come to accept that that would always exist just beneath the surface of their friendship, but by the time Remus looked up to meet Sirius’ eye, it was done with interest rather than surprise.
Sirius’ expression was one of vulnerability, but in a way that was incomparable to anything Remus had yet to see. It was bright and fiery, even through his visible discomfort, and Remus felt it bloom through his chest as he watched his expression change and flush, wanting nothing more than to bask in the desire Sirius so clearly felt for him.
“Yeah,” he replied, the simplicity of the answer cutting through the rambled explanation Sirius had offered to a quite straightforward question.
The corners of Remus’ smile upturned, a humoured little expression, endeared by the fact that Sirius had taken this many words to ask what he could have done in an instance. Remus, then, had every intention of holding him up to it, happy to get an insight to what was going through Sirius’ mind. “You can.”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:19 pm 

The simplicity of Remus’ answer made a weight leave Sirius’ shoulders instantly, relieved that he hadn’t overstepped and potentially managed to ruin their tentative friendship.
It brought a smile to his lips, wide and boyish, feeling a little silly in his eager to explain his reasonings to Remus but also relieved by the fact that he hadn’t been mocked for it.
Deciding that he had done plenty of talking for now, he gingerly reached out for Remus, just one hand managing to find Remus’ jaw as he leaned in and gently kissed him on the lips.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:04 pm 

Remus realised he quite liked being kissed by Sirius, a smile inevitably pulling at the corners of his mouth. It was a far cry from the eagerness with which he had expressed himself, much more careful than the way others kissed him; it was sweet.
Shifting to meet Sirius better, Remus pushed himself off of his headboard just far enough to sit up. While it offered a better stability to reciprocate the kiss, Remus didn’t push for more; barely meeting Sirius’ touch, Remus’ hand found Sirius’ knee.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:45 pm 

Feeling egged on by the hand on his knee, Sirius allowed his other hand to find Remus’ neck, keen to keep him close and for him to keep him smiling like that.
More than the other kisses they had shared, this felt indulgent and juvenile.
There was something about the twin sized beds that each of them had and the fact that they had just been discussing Verne that put Sirius in mind of times where he had been significantly younger. It made him feel even more thrilled in the situation, finding Remus exciting in a way that he hadn’t felt for years.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:26 pm 

Pulled slightly closer by the hand around his neck, Remus happily complied, his hand moving from Sirius’ knee to his waist. There was an inherent clumsiness about the pace, no real intent visible in the way Sirius reached for him. It did indeed feel juvenile, and perhaps that was enough, although Remus felt compelled to explore it.
“Is this what you want?” he asked, and while it in another world would be diminishing, it wasn’t. It was Remus rethreading his own steps and Sirius’ words, wanting to deliver what Sirius had had in mind and not assume to know what had made last time good for him.
Still and eternally wanting to assure Remus that it was perfectly enough to linger in this space, Remus crossed the distance to kiss the corner of his mouth, gentle and sweet. “Just this?”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:11 pm 

While Sirius had been perfectly content with just kissing Remus, still finding it the most comfortable thing to indulge in, he couldn’t deny that there was something else pulling him closer to Remus as well.
There was no denying that Sirius wanted Remus in a way that was very new to him, and he was keen to explore that further, at least for as long as Remus wanted him as well.
“Not just,” he managed, the blush already creeping back into his cheeks as he tried to find the proper words to say. Remus had been so sweet and patient with him last time and Sirius wanted to be able to properly voice his desires, even if they almost got stuck in his throat.
“I’d like to sleep with you, if that’s alright,” he managed to get out, his voice soft and his gaze flickering, still fearing that he was asking to much of their relation, despite Remus’ continued interest.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:07 pm 

This almost managed to make Remus snicker; the formality of Sirius’ question suddenly did no longer feel juvenile, and honestly Remus liked that better. He liked hearing Sirius’ thoughts, liked the explicit confirmation of want it allowed for, and the question felt like a proof that Sirius wasn’t going into this blind, but had given it some thought since last time. Remus so wished Sirius would one day tell him exactly had occupied Sirius’ thoughts, finding himself constantly chasing to live up to Sirius’ expectations of him.
Ducking his head, Remus met Sirius’ lips in a grinned kiss, loaded with the reassurance that anything he could ever ask of him would be alright.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:36 pm 

The kiss was all the reassurance Sirius needed, feeling pleased with himself that he had managed to express his desires in a way that was satisfactory to Remus. He knew that Remus’ questions were only in the interest of them having the best possible time, so he tried not to feel too flustered about it.
He just kept holding onto Remus, the hand on his jaw sliding down on his shoulder instead, as he eagerly returned the kiss, feeling more confident now that he had managed to voice his desires.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:49 pm 

Leaning further into the kiss, Remus’ hand around Sirius’ waist became load baring, bracing his own weight with his other against the mattress, offset to Sirius’ hip. Remus found no need to rush Sirius through something he knew he felt comfortable doing, but his mind was miles ahead, itching to know just how he could make Sirius feel the best possible.
Forcing a moment to steady themselves, Remus broke the kiss to trail another, gentler one onto his jaw.
“You were curious,” Remus reiterated into the crook of Sirius’ neck, having taken note of that particular phrasing when Sirius had said it. While the sentiment was understandable, it was barely a fraction of every consideration that laid behind it. “About anything in particular?”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 36  Next