All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:44 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Once Buchannan and Harry finally exited the house, Draco felt a wave of relief wash over him. He wasn’t sure what to do with himself, having not been wanting to leave without telling them, but also knowing that there was nothing more for him to do, until the forensics were done, not wanting to accidentally contaminate a potential crime scene.
Thus, he didn’t even think as he approached the two men, having talked just fine with Connor and Szczepanski but not yet feeling comfortable enough in their company to be truly at ease. He did much better around Buchannan and especially Harry, so he doubted that the two others would find him rude for leaving them.
“Any news?” He found himself asking, fully aware that he was not entitled to knowing about what was going on on a higher level, but he figured that the two of them would tell him what he was allowed to know and nothing more.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:14 am 

Though Harry’s eyes had already found Draco, the way he moved towards them made the yard swim, a trick of perspective that his muddled brain failed to process. Besides him, Buchannan turned to follow his line of sight, less quick to identify Draco in a crowd.
“You’re really getting to see the DMLE at work,” Buchannan greeted with a sort of exasperation that still rang too-cheerful, never seeming to tire of getting to share the intricacies of the Ministry.
Shifting his stance, Buchannan widened their circle, encouraging Draco to participate in a retelling Harry had no interest in hearing. Had Draco not approached them, he likely wouldn’t have lingered, too-aware of the proceedings for them to be repeated to him.
“There’s a lot of back and forth in cases like these. They usually remain Auror jurisdiction, but there tends to be overlap between forensics and cursebreaking - you’ll soon see,” Buchannan went on with a smile, crossing his arms over his chest. “The body’s theirs to start, but Tsai and her team are looking over the remaining objects for any trace of organic matter. If they come back positive they might indicate uses of blood magic, and then it’s for the Department of Mysteries to get involved.”
Harry blinked, feeling his gaze glaze over, queasy at the mere prospect.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:12 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

While Draco genuinely was interested in what Buchannan was telling him about jurisdiction and wanted to learn even more about what he was supposed to do as a cursebreaker. However, it was hard to be entirely focused, having noticed that Harry seemed pale, which just made Draco’s head spin with a thousand different possibilities. After all, they were mostly back at the house due to how Harry had reacted the last time he was there, so it wasn’t impossible that being back would have some adverse effects on him.
“Right,” he stated, feeling the need to say something, though he was unsure what there really was to say. He didn’t want to seem ungrateful to Buchannan, who really did what he could to involve Draco in every step of the way, cheerfully sharing the way that things were done with him with little regards to whether or not he was actually supposed to know.
“Are you alright, Potter?” He found himself asking, unable to stop himself from worrying about just how pale Harry was, figuring that it couldn’t merely be the presence of a corpse that would make him that ill.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:40 pm 

Harry processed Draco’s question the same moment he realized he wasn’t.
Though perhaps expected from his job, Harry’s particular field had over the course of the last decade removed him further and further away from active scenes, more specialized in the scouting of locations and objects than that of retrieval of bodies. The sight - the mention of blood magic - made a surge of panic rise up within him, a blood-chilling fear that made his stomach twist in the hold of memories never far removed from his consciousness.
Bile burned at his nose, bringing tears to his eyes, and with barely enough sense of the people surrounding him, he turned away. Doubling over, Harry vomited, shaken to his core in a way that he hadn’t been in years.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:23 pm 

Once Harry doubled over, Draco didn’t even think, just immediately moved to stand next to him, supporting him inn case he needed anything. While he had noticed that Harry didn’t look too good, he was surprised with the severity of just how sick Harry had gotten from being down there. It made him keen to explore the room further, wanting to see what secrets the objects might hold, but more than anything it made him deeply worried about Harry’s state.
“Merlin’s sake, Harry,” Draco uttered without thinking, having taking Harry’s left hand in his own, while his right hand had found Harry’s shoulder, wanting to make sure he didn’t double all the way over and fell down in his own puke.
He glanced up at Buchannan, who looked just as shell shocked as Draco had felt, and quickly made a decision.
“I am taking him home.”

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:12 pm 

Harry felt like he couldn’t breathe, his throat burning. Even with his stomach emptied, he coughed, heaving up something that wasn’t there. Draco’s hands were steady against him, and Harry clung to Draco’s hand as he coughed once more, tears pricking his eyes.
“****,” he fumbled, voice like gravel. His breaths remained shallow, carelessly wiping his mouth against the sleeve of his right arm, trying to straighten himself out. “Sorry.”

While Malfoy had been quick to react, Paul was stunned by the impact of Potter’s vulnerability, taking a step back. Too old to have known Potter during the war, the sight of his control wavering made him more uneasy than he could have ever anticipated; it was intimidating.
It was clear Malfoy shared no such sentiment.
Paul saw an unexpected intimacy in how willingly Malfoy inserted himself, how readily he caught Potter. It could almost be excused by Malfoy’s Healing degree, had it not been equally obvious how desperately Potter clung to him.
“Right,” Paul stuttered, finding that nothing else could suffice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:54 pm 

_________
Without even thinking, Draco had brought Harry back to Malfoy Manor, having just wanted to get him somewhere nice and comfortable and aware of that fact that he had more materials for potions and a more pleasant house elf, so to him it had just made sense.
Harry had thrown up several times throughout the night and Draco had taken care of him as best he could, having just held him and made sure that he was as comfortable as possible.
Now the morning after, Draco had woken up before Harry, but had decided to stay in bed with him, having only left briefly to ask Coote to bring him a cup of tea and telling him to be prepared to make a light breakfast for when Harry woke up.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:08 am 

Harry hadn’t objected when Draco brought him to Malfoy Manor, though granted, he barely registered the moment that decision had been made, all but collapsing in bed where Draco had placed him.
The bone-deep feeling of exhaustion and discomfort wasn’t particularly foreign to Harry, having had to insist to Draco that such spells of sickness weren’t all that uncommon. Harry wasn’t unaware of the trauma left behind by the war and the physical ways it still manifested. Over the course of his life, Harry had on other occasions laid ill after a grueling case at work.
For how familiar that discomfort had felt, Harry was for the first time in years spared a sense of bitter loneliness, Draco never leaving his side until Harry finally, in the early hours of the morning, fell into a dreamless sleep.
Stirring awake, Harry did so with a sense of disorientation, unable to place himself in neither time nor place. For many how many nights Harry had spent at the manor, sleeping in Draco’s room was still too new to be registered in the first conscious moments of his day.
Clumsily pushing himself up onto his elbows, the room spun around him, unable to shake the feeling of being /late/. He covered his eyes with his hand, trying to dispell a sudden feeling of nausea.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:46 pm 

Once Harry started stirring, Draco’s full attention was back on him, putting away the book that he had been reading to pass the time.
“Hey, take it easy there,” he said in a soft voice, reaching out for Harry but unsure where he actually wanted to place his touch, not wanting to make him uncomfortable in case he felt overwhelmed. He already had a plethora of potions in mind for Harry, in case he needed something to lessen his nausea such that he could get some food in.
Draco wasn’t too worried just yet, but it was all going to come down to how Harry was feeling today and how he took to getting some food in him.
“How are you feeling? Need me to get you anything?”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:28 pm 

Digging the balls of his hands into his eyes, Harry couldn’t stop the room from spinning, having jolted upright far quicker than his mind could keep up with. Even dead asleep, the urgency of Towthorpe still tugged at him, the case having made such a lurch forward within a few hours that the prospect of rest didn’t cross Harry’s mind, no matter how fuzzy it was.
“What time is it?” he slurred, eyes firmly closed though he turned his head towards the sound of Draco’s voice, still rubbing at his left eye.
Blinking one eye open, Harry found the room strikingly well lit with daylight; it only made him shut his eyes again, running both hands over his face and through his hair with a wrecked little sound. “You should’ve woken me up -”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:07 pm 

“Why?” Draco asked immediately, a frown on his face.
He had a very good idea why Harry wanted him to have woken him up, but there was absolutely no way that Draco was going to allow Harry to go anywhere other than potentially home, and only that if he absolutely insisted.
“It’s a bit past 8 but you have nowhere to be,” he insisted, his tone cool but ultimately worried. He didn’t like seeing Harry insist on pushing himself so hard, knowing that too well the reasons as to why he would do it, but that didn’t mean that he had to condone it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:23 pm 

Harry could not remember ever having heard Draco dismiss work with such a sense of disinterest, making something within Harry jump, a little startled.
“What do you mean ‘why’?” he protested, eyes squinted as he turned away from Draco, palming at the nightstand in search of his glasses. The room was still too unfamiliar for him to seamlessly orient himself, far more with the haze of a poor night sleep further blurring his vision.
He felt fractionally more human once he was able to put on his glasses, but as he turned to look at Draco, the sight of him at ease with a book in his lap was disarming, bringing a stutter to Harry’s otherwise hurried motions.
Harry’s lips remained parted for a moment before he managed to find the words - any words - that would encourage Draco to get on with their day.
“We’ve unearthed a murder, is why.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:51 am 

Draco almost wanted to laugh at that, knowing full well that there was absolutely nothing that either of them would be allowed to do before forensics were done on the scene, so there really was no reason to hurry back to work, no matter how intriguing this new development was.
“And that means that there is nothing for us to do until forensics are don cleaning up,” Draco explained, though he knew that Harry knew that. It still felt surprisingly good to be able to tell him about the inner workings of being on a ministry case, liking that he now knew enough to be able to take control and help Harry with his health.
“I already talked to Buchannan and he’s not expecting you today,” he stated matter of factly, wanting Harry to know just how serious he was being about him having nowhere to be today.
“So instead of insisted that you need to return to work, why don’t you tell me how you are feeling this morning and whether or not you think you’d be able to eat something?”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:31 am 

Draco rattled off three excellent excuses for Harry to stay put in quick succession, and still Harry felt more than a little indignated by such a resolute dismissal.
Slumping back into his pillow with a strained exhale, his hand quick to push beneath the rim of his glasses to once again rub at his eyes, thumb and pointer finger resting heavy against his nose bridge.
“It’s still my case, you know,” Harry had to interject, a meeker excuse for an argument. Though it wasn’t Harry’s direct employees working the scene, Harry felt the grip of anxiety get a hold of his stomach, uneasy at the prospect of leaving so many to wander that house without his presence, having first hand experienced its volatile nature. The case had been at a stalemate for the six months Harry had spent at the Manor due to just that.
Still processing Draco’s words, Harry pushed his glasses up onto his forehead, little point in wearing them if he was barred from leaving the bed.
“I’m better,” he eventually grumbled, face still obscured by his own hand. Exhausted, surely, but better.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:47 pm 

Even though Harry was still arguing with him, Draco knew that he had won this round when he leaned back against the pillows. It brought a soft smile to his face, just really wanting to get to take care of him now that he had seen how sick he had gotten.
“Glad to hear it,” he said with a warm smile, completely ignoring Harry’s first statement as he leant over to place a soft kiss to his forehead, just wanting him to settle down and actually relax for once.
“I’ll go tell Coote to get you some buttered toast and a cup of tea,” he added as he got off the bed, figuring that Harry was going to be fine with being alone for a moment. As long as he didn’t get any ideas of getting up and starting any level of work, Draco felt safe in going to the kitchen.
“You make yourself comfortable, I’ll be right back.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:49 pm 

Harry’s eyes had still been closed when Draco had leaned over to kiss him, and gone again before Harry had a chance to react.
Turning his head to watch Draco leave, Harry lazily stretched an arm across the void Draco had left between the sheets. There was still a novelty in seeing Draco in his childhood bedroom; while Harry had slept in it before, this was the first time he had been asked to sleep in in it, and he watched Draco in his house coat with interest.
“You’re not even on bed rest with me?” he complained, though the argument had deflated from his voice. In its place, a smile had appeared at the corner of his mouth. “Hypocrite.”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:14 am 

Draco just smiled and shook his head at that, but he still walked around the bed to stand next to Harry, running a hand over his hair as he looked down on him.
“I’ll be back in just a moment,” he repeated, knowing that Harry knew this, but he did always like it when Harry sought out his company, even if it was just because he was the only one around. After all, if Harry wanted another caretaker, he was free to go home and find someone else, so Draco still counted it as Harry wanting him around.
“Just gotta make sure we get some food in you, we can’t have the saviour of the wizarding world end up starving just because he’s being a baby,” he teased before actually going to leave, going to grab them some tea and to tell Coote to make them breakfast.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:39 am 

Harry’s eyes followed Draco as he circled the bed; by the time Draco was at his bedside, Harry had been eased flat on his back, settled heavily into his pillows with an exhaustion he had felt convinced he had managed to shake.
Though Draco’s words felt like equal parts reassurance and tease, the feeling of his hand combing over Harry’s hair made his eyes flutter shut, the simple touch more effective to push back the growing headache than Harry’s own attempts had been.
He wasn’t entirely satisfied when Draco didn’t linger.
As a little huff escaped him, so did the last of his protests, turning onto his side to watch Draco leave. “Fine,” he said, but a smile continued to play on his lips.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:26 pm 

It really didn’t take long for Draco to return with tea and breakfast for both of them, making sure that Harry got something to eat as he joined him in bed.
They sat close as the made their way through their tea and breakfast and once they were both done they had started cuddling again. Harry was still feeling weak, at least that was what he told Draco, and Draco happily obliged, feeling fairly worn out himself from the adrenaline and his worry for Harry’s wellbeing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:20 pm 

Toast and a cuppa really had worked wonders on dispelling Harry’s growing headache, although the satiated feeling of a full stomach after a day of purging really brought back his exhaustion in full force. It hadn’t taken much for him to doze off, laying draped across Draco’s chest on the brink of falling asleep. It was well into the afternoon by the time Harry was able to keep his eyes open for more than a few odd moments.
With a steady little exhale, Harry shifted, pushing his hand into the neck of Draco’s housecoat, palm brushing across his chest. Even through the fabric Draco had been a steady source of heat, and the feel of bare skin beneath Harry’s hand felt almost burning hot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 99  Next