All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:07 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

To Draco’s own surprise, he was able to entirely truthfully nod at Harry’s question, feeling well and at ease about the situation, at least more at ease than he had when he first arrived.
He trusted that Connor believed in his assessments, and he already knew that Buchannan did. It was easy to allow himself to go out on a limb and actually share his insights, now that he felt certain that he wasn’t going to get ridiculed for them, or that he was just there to make a point.
“Yeah, I’m good,” he said with a soft smile, feeling happy that Harry showed him such care, but really and honestly doing as well as he could.
“I like Connor,” he added, unsure just how much Harry wanted him to share, but he felt that they were close enough that Harry appreciated just about anything that popped into his mind to share.
“She seems interested in listening to what I have to say, which is honestly a relief.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:43 pm 

Whether it be the stuffiness of the room or his own poor decisions, Harry’s head felt clouded; realistically, it was the subtle but definite impact it had on him being alone with Draco, even barely so. What had only been a charade for months had all of the sudden become reality. Suddenly, there were indeed people in the next room over.
It made Harry’s gaze dip to Draco’s lips, if only for an instant.
“Yeah?” Harry prompted, not out of doubt but as an encouragement, a bright smile pulling at the corner of his mouth. “That’s brilliant.”
Harry only knew Hannah Connor in passing, but he knew Buchannan saw great promise in her, and Harry had yet to witness anything that undermined that.
His smile turned crooked, playful. “Paul sure knows how to pick them, huh?”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:04 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The comment brought a warm smile to Draco’s lips, knowing that Buchannan had picked himself out as well, so it was difficult for him to really disagree. If Connor had been anything like the others in Buchannan’s employ, Draco was going to have to wholeheartedly agree with Harry’s assessment.
“It sure seems like it,” Draco stated while still smiling.
He had enjoyed getting to walk around and interact with the others, but he couldn’t say that it wasn’t a relief to be alone with Harry again. He felt much more free to express himself and get his feelings out, such that he wouldn’t just explode from it all.
“It’s just nice that I get to be helpful,” he said in a soft voice, almost a little ashamed to admit it, but he knew that he had a lot of knowledge in the area and he cherished getting to show it off.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:22 pm 

How genuine Draco’s smile appeared made Harry’s heart do somersaults, unable to put into words how happy he was that Draco had found a sense of purpose being here, and a foothold between his peers.
“I’m glad,” was all Harry could think to say, and yet it barely covered half of it. Despite the public nature of their conversation, that affection was more subtly spoken through touch, reaching for Draco. Harry’s fingers found a steady spot to linger at the jut of Draco’s pelvis, a touch more easily obscured between them than a hold on his hips.
Hand heavy on Draco, Harry leaned forward an inch, tipping his chin upwards to maintain eye contact. It made Harry’s smile shift, a boyish air about the stolen little moment.
“What’re you doing later?”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:50 pm 

The soft touch, no matter how subtle and familiar it was, pulled Draco out of his line of thought, suddenly finding it less important that Connor liked having him around and that Buchannan so clearly believed in him. It felt more than a little pathetic, but Draco just couldn’t help but be drawn to Harry like that, constantly caught in his orbit.
“What do you have in mind?” Draco instead asked, feeling confident that he knew what Harry had in mind, but he wanted to make Harry say what he wanted out loud. It was so much more fun that way anyway, and Draco had to admit that he liked seeing him squirm if even just a little.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:51 pm 

The returned question made the corner of Harry’s mouth twitch upwards. He didn’t fail to notice the boldness of the question and the shift it caused in their balance, only amplified by the context in which it was spoken. Draco had a lot of nerve asking for that degree of transparency from a superior officer; but then again, Harry’s hand had no business being on an employee of his.
It sent a thrill down Harry’s spine, having to fight the urge to duck his gaze to the few square inches where they were touching.
“Are you coming back to London?” he asked, the question only incrementally more specific.
If cornered, Harry could reasonably defend simply equating London to the Ministry; that wasn’t the question, though, visible in the way Harry’s smile widened.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:35 am 

Draco had always found it in good fun to tease Harry with their relationship, but now it seemed absolutely impossible to just give in and answer Harry’s vague questions. Maybe it was just because he had spent time with another slytherin for the first time in years, but Draco also knew that there was something else to it.
He just found it a lot of fun to goad Harry into actually asking him what he wanted rather than beat around the bush about it, even if they were very much in public.
“Do you want me to?” He asked, the smile that teased at the corner of his mouth having a clear mischievous nature, but Draco wasn’t about to back down that easy.
“Do you need me to?”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:24 am 

The question made Harry’s heart jump, the surprise enough that the shudder that raked through him was visible. It was entirely inappropriate, Draco’s explicit insistence leaving little room for deniability considering just how many people were just outside of earshot, and yet Harry’s head was spinning, unable to care about any of it. He remained put, too close yet nowhere near enough, every fiber of his being tightly wound.
“****ing hell, Draco,” Harry choked, his voice thick in his throat.
His eyes had dipped to where his hand met Draco’s trousers, wishing he was able to match the boldness of Draco’s words through touch. He wasn’t, feeling like putty beneath Draco’s attention.
Harry paused for a moment, either in consideration or to allow his mind to uncloud.
“Yeah,” he eventually answered, the reply so pitifully easy it sent a thrill down Harry’s spine. “I really do.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:46 pm 

There was never going to be anything as satisfying to Draco as seeing Harry turn into putty between his hands, just being so transparent in his want for Draco and how he yearned for him. It always egged Draco on, wanting to see more of it and curious to see just how fa they’d be able to push him.
“I just might then,” he said with a confident smirk, knowing that Harry’s consistent hand on his body was enough confirmation for what he needed to know, but just so keen to have Harry speak his needs out loud, leaving no room for doubt what so ever.
“If you really need me, I can’t very well refuse you, can I?” He teased, knowing full well that he definitely could say no to Harry if he didn’t want to go back with him, but he also knew that he never wouldn’t want Harry.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:23 pm 

All of the sudden, the tease tipped over the edge, making Harry’s ears burn with embarrassment. The chokehold Draco had on him was absolutely pitiful, suddenly able to hear it in the smugness of Draco’s voice and words.
“**** off,” Harry dismissed, face flushed but unable to entirely keep a smile entirely off of his lips.
Hand finally gaining purpose, Harry pushed at Draco’s hip, desperate to regain any footing in their conversation; even if all Harry really wanted was to leave - or at the very least shut the door.
Some of it must have shown when Harry met Draco’s eye, the harshness of his words and movements negated by the flush of desire and adoration. Harry cocked his head, unable to maintain eye contact for long, though the smile remained audible in his voice. “Get back to work, Malfoy.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:53 pm 

Even when Harry broke out of his stupor, Draco still couldn’t help but grin, knowing beyond any doubt that he had succeeded in what he set out to do.
It was daft really, serving no purpose other than stroking Draco’s ego and assuring him that Harry still wanted him around, but it was so difficult not to want it and not to cherish it so sweetly, especially when Harry gave it up so willingly.
“Of course, Potter,” he said with a crooked grin, stepping just out of reach for Harry as he made his way towards the door. They couldn’t stay there for too long anyway, so Draco did have to get back out soon.
“I guess I’ll just be seeing you later.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:20 pm 

____

For the remainder of the afternoon, Harry hadn’t gotten another chance to talk to Draco. It had probably been for the better, feeling off-kilter and tightly wound as it were, and it was only when the team had parted for the day that it struck Harry he hadn’t gotten to finish the thought he had originally pulled Draco aside for.
So, with no other plans than an open ended invitation, Harry had watched Draco apparate away from Towthorpe with the rest of the team a bit past five. The quarter of an hour Harry had stayed behind with Buchannan to ward up the field offices had felt like it had lasted a lifetime.
Though reluctant to admit to it, Harry felt without a center of gravity, mind already elsewhere as he cast his wards. Partially on the promise in Draco’s words and the thrill they carried - partially on the way his chest felt tight with the pitiful little hope that Draco had known the house would have opened for him even if he showed alone.
That same tightness remained in Harry’s chest when he took his goodbyes and apparated into the front hall of Grimmauld Place, not knowing what to expect.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:39 pm 

When it had become clear to Draco that Harry was going to have to stay behind for a while after he left, he had almost considered just returning to the manor, not sure if Harry even expected him at Grimmauld. However, something had held him back, making him feel the urge to go to Grimmauld rather than the manor and he just had to listen to that part of him.
He hadn’t been there for too long, having decided to retreat into the drawing room with a cup of tea, mostly to get Kreacher to do something that wasn’t just begging Draco for orders, when the elderly house elf suddenly returned, informing him of Harry’s return to the town house.
“Thank you Kreacher, I’ll go meet him in the hall and we won’t be needing your interference,” Draco commented, as he got up to meet Harry.
Once Harry got into view, Draco couldn’t help but grin, finding the entire situation rather silly but so very endearing.
“So now you decide to show?”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:13 am 

The sound of Draco’s voice sent a shiver down Harry’s spine, a smile already at his lips by the time Harry turned his head to place him in the room. Poised in the doorway to the dining room, Draco looked like he belonged, like the house was his and not Harry’s. It made Harry’s head spin.
“Hey,” he grinned a bit hazily, too thrilled by Draco’s mere presence to properly hear the tease in his question. His hands found the line of claps running down the left of his uniform coat, dusty with the decay of Towthorpe.
“Yeah, sorry.”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:27 am 

There was something so very endearing about Harry actually apologising for his lateness, not that Draco had expected much differently when he had told him that he would have to stick around for a bit.
“It’s alright,” he said with a crooked smile as he properly approached Harry, wasting no time in getting well within his personal space, but not quite touching him just yet. He was going to play around a little bit, wanting to see just how much Harry had missed having him around.
“It was just that you needed me so,” he said with a tease in his voice, finally placing a hand on Harry’s hip, a touch that could almost be read as shy, had it not been for the grin on Draco’s lips.
“Thought you would’ve made excuses earlier”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:59 am 

It only took Draco stepping closer for Harry’s breath to hitch, making a little snort catch in his throat. Draco had had a good day, and Harry could tell, knocked off of his feet with the sheer force Draco’s good mood carried. Harry thought there had been some good days at the Manor, but nothing compared to this, the tease making Harry’s skin flush uncomfortably warm.
Hearing his admissions repeated to him still felt too vulnerable, even when it was only the two of them alone. Harry still felt some embarrassment about how utterly screwed he was, but at least now, he dared return the touch, his hand catching Draco’s elbow, a subtle encouragement.
“You think I should’ve?” he asked with a lopsided grin, his heart rate too elevated for his tease to sound entirely confident. “Skipped out on work to see you?”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:21 am 

Draco grinned at the question, placing his free hand on Harry’s waist and pulling him slightly closer.
He had been so focused on his work for most of the day, but ever since Harry had pulled him aside to make evening plans, Draco had been wanting to properly put his hands on him. It was just nice to get the confirmation that he was still allowed to do so, and in fact encouraged to do so. It made his already very good day feel even better.
“Yeah, honestly,” he stated shamelessly, having longed for Harry’s full attention, even if he has gotten plenty of it during the day. It was just so very different when it was just the two of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:23 pm 

The unexpected affirmation along with the tug at his waist made Harry’s knees buckle, the softness of the embrace taking him completely by surprise. His hand slipped from Draco’s elbow to his shoulder, desperately needing to brace himself.
“Yeah?” he stuttered with a grin, his voice entirely too hopeful to be perceived as coy. Despite the teases, it was difficult not to believe that Draco wanted to be here just as much as Harry wanted him there.
It had never before felt this easy, drunk on the way Draco seemed so incredibly at ease with life. Harry could only hope that to be the case, uncertain he’d be able to stomach the heartbreak of only seeing this expression of happiness as a once off glimpse.
“I like coming home to you, though,” Harry admitted, a further display of vulnerability, diluted only by the lopsided grin pulling at his lips.

Last edited by Nymeria on Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:08 pm 

Just how transparently Harry needed him was never going to grow old to Draco, liking how all it took was a hand on a waist or a hip and Harry turned to putty in his hands. He knew that this was addictive, craving to keep Harry close whenever he could, but right now he was too high on a good day to let anyone or anything stop him.
“Well, you did say that you needed me to come back to London,” Draco teased further, not intend on letting that go now that he had gotten Harry to admit to such a thing.
It was beyond juvenile, possibly borderline childish, but Draco felt so giddy that he could hardly be within himself, craving to have someone to share his good mood with.
“And you know that I aim to please.”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:53 pm 

Harry couldn’t help but grin, awfully aware of the fact that he was never going to live that down. Embarrassing and juvenile as it was, he wasn’t sure he cared, simply for the joy of watching that self-satisfaction light up Draco’s features. He wasn’t sure if he was ready for Draco to know that.
“You know what,” Harry laughed, well-meaning but overheated, having been kept from anything remotely gratifying for too long. His mind was a haze of grins and teases and promises, and he once again found himself looking for an exit. Ducking his head, Harry turned in place, shifting in Draco’s embrace pushing at his arm rather than keeping him closer.
A grin was still on his lips when he glanced back at Draco, though. “You’re an arse.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 99  Next