All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:00 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Although Black’s smile sent a wave of relief through Remus, he was left nodding, awkwardly formal for something as casual as what he had offered.
Remus’ fingers hovered above the edge of his chairback, tapping it, not fully able to leave the anchor the chair offered. It felt anything but casual; rather, like a crucial moment in their relationship, all coming down to the way they carried themselves for the next thirty minutes, and how they managed to ease back into civility.
Finally, Remus reaffirmed Black’s acceptance with another solemn little nod, stepping away from the chair, back to Black as he did up the clasps of his bag.
“I’m not embarrassed,” he found himself saying, and as he pulled the bag over his shoulder, he turned to meet Black’s eye head on. For the first time yet, Remus did appear at ease with his words, finally speaking a truth he could stand by.
A sheepish smile ghosted at the corner of Remus’ mouth, stepping towards the door.
“Just for the record.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:36 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius had been in the process of gathering his notes when Remus spoke again. It took him a moment to properly connect the dots, finding that most of the night before had seemed like a fever dream, but he now had to face the fact that it had all been very real.
Remus’ statement still brought a smile to his lips though, glad that Remus didn’t feel like he had to hide behind shame to make it more appropriate.
“You have no reason to be,” Sirius stated, wanting Remus to know that he didn’t think that he should be ashamed either. After all, while many might give a stronger side eye to what Remus was doing, then Sirius was also convinced that no one was going to look kindly on what he was doing either.
He wanted to add something, speak a proper reassurance to his flatmate, but when he turned he saw Remus smile and it made him weak to his knees. Even now, it wasn’t really hard to imagine how Remus would be able to make a living like that and Sirius was overwhelmed by feelings that he didn’t want to name.
Instead he just kept smiling.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 4:11 pm 

The barely-there flicker of a smile solidified itself at Black’s comment, quietly reassured by the subtle kindness of the reply. He didn’t need Black to approve, anyway; frankly, continuing to treat Remus with decency felt like plenty.
Still, Remus opened the door, hand on the knob as he waited for Black to finish packing, a small but well-meaning invitation. Normal decency was all Remus could reasonably ask for, but it wasn’t a lie to say he hoped for more than the bare minimum.
“Did you -” Remus stalled, not because his eyes had dipped to Black’s figure, but because their conversation had suddenly been audible, were anybody to pass by the opened door, forcing Remus to rethink his phrasing.
He once again met Black’s eye, budding interest in his gaze as he tried to picture Black at the club. “Did you say you worked there?”

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:34 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius doubted that he was ever going to get properly used to seeing Remus smile, finding that his smile really lit up his face in a wholly pleasant way. It distracted him so much as he left the room together with Remus that he barely registered that he had actually asked a question.
It probably took him a moment too long to properly register what Remus was asking him, suddenly feeling that they were very much in public, and fearing that someone would understand what they were talking about. However, they had absolutely no context for their conversation, and Sirius reminded himself of that as he nodded softly.
“Yeah,” he said with a sheepish grin.
He wasn’t embarrassed by his profession either, but he did find that while he and Remus worked at the same club, their jobs had vastly different connotations. Hell, some people might even find Sirius’ profession to be worse than Remus’, simply due to the nature of what he was doing.
“Not like you though, I’m a performer,” he stated, intentionally keeping it vague, but feeling certain that Remus would be able to connect the dots.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:00 pm 

Remus had thought so, but the revelation had come alongside others that were far more emotionally destabilizing, and it was only this morning that it had once again come to the forefront.
Black’s reply immediately made Remus’ eyes dip aimlessly towards Black’s chest, a flicker of intrigue before he could stop himself.
“The, uh,” Remus fumbled in words, glancing forward down the hallway. He was at a loss for words that were appropriate to speak here; although, perhaps also because it wasn’t a question Black owed an answer to. It was, however, immensely interesting.
On the second attempt, Remus’ voice and expression had steadied itself as they reached the stairwell down. “I don’t usually stay there ‘til late.”

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:38 pm 

Sirius had seen Remus so many times at the club that the comment surprises him, knowing full well that they usually worked around the same hours.
As he descended the stairwell together with Remus, mostly focusing on his footing rather than looking at his flatmate, he suddenly realised what Remus was actually asking him.
Despite having no real shame in his job, he could still feel the heat surge to his cheeks at the implication, not thinking poorly of the guys who did stay there late, but also very aware that he just wasn’t one of them. Despite how long he had been doing drag by now, he still felt a little shy about the entire ordeal, and mor importantly, much too shy to ever stay there later than he did, when the shows got more… risqué.
“Oh,” he sputtered, torn between not wanting to feel like he has to defend himself, but somehow also desperate for Remus to get the proper expression of what he was actually doing.
“I-I don’t either,” he explained, unsure exactly how to talk himself out of this while still being as vague as possible. “I’m usually in the earlier act.”

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 2:34 am 

Remus nodded, eyes to the stairs as he processed that information. It made better sense, not only about the way Black carried himself in his everyday life, but also given his flustered reply.
It made Remus glance sideways over at this colleague, his expression showing little of the way his mind had spiralled although Black’s cheeks had become noticeably flushed.
Black had said so little, and yet it was deafening, precisely what Remus himself found so uncomfortable about sharing about his job; a few single words produced an endless string of expectations and imagery.
“I’m sorry, I’ve never noticed.”
As his attention returned forward, Remus had felt compelled to apologize not out of remorse but from the awareness that he might have seemed impolite. He wondered, for a moment, if he would have recognized Black earlier if he had been wearing less, the memory of ink covering his skin still burned into Remus’ consciousness.
“You should say hello next time,” he offered as they took the last step, pulling the strap of his bag up onto his shoulders. With a delay, he turned to offer Black a little, friendly smile.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 12:36 pm 

Somehow Remus’ added comments made even more heat rush to his cheeks, suddenly finding the idea of Remus actually seeing him and interacting with him while at work overwhelming. Still though, Sirius also knew that he likely wouldn’t be able to resist the temptation to say hi to Remus the next time he saw him while they were both working.
“I’ll have to take that as a good thing,” Sirius stated with a sheepish smile, glancing over at Remus to try and get a proper read on their situation. Their relationship still felt so fragile and Sirius was desperate to stabilise them somehow.
“Guess that means that I am pretty good,” he added with a shrug as he looked forward again, deciding to focus on where he was walking.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 1:17 pm 

Black’s comment caught Remus opening the front door of their dormitory, hand on the knob as he turned to look at him.
“Yeah?” Remus urged, a chuckled airiness to his voice.
Throughout the conversation, Remus’ eyes and attention had dipped to Black’s body; this, however, made Remus look over Black’s’ features with interested scrutiny, trying to picture the other done up in a way that would make him unrecognizable.
The smile lingered easily at his lips as his brows quirked, an inconclusive little gesture. It was hard to say, finding Black so exquisitely handsome that it seemed like no amount of makeup would dillude that.
He finished pushing the door open, allowing them both to exit the building, a grin audible in his tone even as he had looked away. “Maybe I ought to start paying attention.”

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 3:30 pm 

While Sirius desperately tried not to overthink their relation, he found it really difficult to do so when Remus was promising his attention like that. It was silly of course, knowing only that Remus slept with men for money, but feeling unsure if he harboured any real attraction towards men. It still made Sirius’ head spin with implications, even if it seemed mostly innocent.
“See if you can recognise me the next time we’re there,” he said, pleased by how strong his voice was coming out, which made him smile.
He had long ago come to terms with the fact that he found Remus incredibly attractive and also that that didn’t have to mean anything whatsoever. Their new situation really didn’t have to change anything about that, and that was just something that he was going to have to remind himself of.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 4:09 pm 

Although Remus had only just asked Black to introduce himself to him the next time he saw Remus at work, the prospect of having to figure it out himself made him grin, oddly entertained by it.
“Alright,” he accepted, though Black likely hadn’t spoken it as a challenge.
Remus glanced over at the other, grin pulling at his lips. “I’ll find you.”

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 5:02 am 

___
Despite no longer being the rookie backstage, not even by a long shot, Sirius had elected to volunteer to go get everybody’s drinks orders. It was nice with a short break from everybody’s stress in getting ready for the show, especially when he himself was entirely ready to go on stage.
With a practiced ease that could only come from many years of use, Sirius made his way through the crowds at the club, towering over all of them with his already tall frame in a pair of high heels.
As he reached the bar, it wasn’t difficult to catch the attention of the bartender, having known to look for someone, and Sirius definitely stood out in a crowd.
“The girls want their drinks,” he said as he leant against the bar and lit a cigarette, knowing that he was likely going to be waiting for a while.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 4:36 am 

Ever since learning that Black performed at the club, Remus had taken to arrive for his appointments at the club earlier than he had previously. Not by a lot, still preferring to be in and out within the hour, but certainly enough time to skim over the performers, quite captured by the thought of suddenly finding Black among them.
Remus had been unsuccessful when he last visited a few days ago but a week after their initial conversation, Remus thought to have seen him.
Remus had been sitting at the bar, chatting with the bartender to pass time when the man excused himself to tend to a patron before they had even reached the bar. It had made Remus’ attention follow, sheer curiosity as to the perfectly trained dynamics the two exhibited. Finding it to be a performer, blonde and staggeringly tall, Remus thought it to be perfectly justified, and his attention would have once again drifted had the angle of the bar not flashed a perfect view of a tattooed chest.
It immediately made Remus’ posture change, perked up with recognition. The rush of adrenaline that bled through his veins was hard to place, though Remus dismissed it as competitive satisfaction.
Allowing Black to place his order without interruptions, Remus dissected his look from a distance. There was genuine interest in his gaze, intrigued every way Black didn’t look like himself. Black was probably not far off when he had joked to be good enough to become unrecognizable to Remus.
As the bartender shifted aside to finish the order, Remus glanced to the room, a thoughtless attempt to place his date in the crowd. When he was nowhere to be found, he pushed himself off the bar to join his dormmate.
Remus leaned against the bar beside him so close that their arms bumped when he crossed his arms on the bartop. Steadying himself against the bar , Remus turned to look Black. A bright grin was already on his lips when their eyes met, but something in his gaze brightened when his eyes dipped to Black’s exposed chest, the tattoos equally damning and spectacular.
When he once looked up to meet Black’s eye, Remus’ smile was vicotrious and stupid.
“Hi, teach.”

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:14 am 

Sirius’ attention was immediately drawn away from the bartender when someone bumped against his arm. As he looked over, it took him a moment to properly place the fact in front him, still not used to having to consider the fact that he might run into Remus at the club.
However, once he did realise that it was his flatmate, a warm smile spread on his lips. He was glad that Remus had actually wanted to see him in a setting like this, finding that things were likely going to be easier now that they didn’t have to keep their others lives secret.
“Hey you,” he said with a crooked grin, pushing away from the bar and standing up properly, realising that he, for once, was taller than Remus. It made him grin a little, even if it was silly and juvenile. It just meant a new way for them to be around each other and Sirius was excited about that.
“You found me.”

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 4:56 pm 

Remus’ attention remained on Black, his head turning as the other straightened his posture, finding that it was difficult not to look. Sharing a dorm, Black had become a baseline constant in Remus’ life to the point where he rarely was out of Remus’ sight for more than a few hours at a time. After all, Remus saw Black’s face far more often than he saw his own.
However, seeing him here, like this, only seemed to enhance the striking beauty of Black’s features, making it impossible to believe Remus had all but grown used to them.
Instinctively, he mirrored the motion, compelled to stand with Black, turning his back towards the bar. His gaze flickered from Black’s eyes to his lips, not in suggestiveness but with the recognition that Black not only had painted them, but that their eyeline no longer was where he expected it to be; undoubtedly in heels, Black unexpectedly towered above him.
“Took me a few nights,” Remus admitted, though his smile failed to downplay the feit. Settling into their height difference, Remus relaxed against the bar, adding another few inches to it.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 9:51 am 

Remus’ comment made a shiver run down Sirius’ spine, not sure how he felt about the fact that Remus had actually been looking for him. Even then, he had no clear idea of whether or not Remus actually had been looking for him, but he liked the idea that he had and elected to believe that and the revelation made him grin.
“In your defence, I haven’t been around a lot lately,” Sirius explain, having decided to take some time to really spend some time on his dissertation and get some proper progress done on it. Now however, he also really needed the money, so he had to show up.
“But I’m glad,” he added, taking a moment to take in Remus and actually realise what it meant seeing him there, and what that might mean for their continued living together.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 2:04 pm 

Remus nodded, finding that that made sense, all things considered; it had been hard to tell, though, both with Remus’ irregular schedule and Black’s, and the fact that they didn’t coincide back at the dorm at night didn’t really mean anything.
“Didn’t expect you to be blonde,” Remus elaborated, an easy smile on his lips as his eyes drifted. He believed that to be a thoughtless and wrong assumption, when he other nights had primarily looked for a brunette.
The grey of Black’s eyes, usually striking against his dark hair, perfectly justified the blonde of the wig, easily and effectively blurring the line between reality and costume. It was greatly interesting, keen for the morning to come and for Remus to yet again see Black’s face bare, if only to confirm how much of the beauty before him came naturally.
“It’s nice,” Remus eventually felt compelled to add, realizing his gaze had drifted and not wanting to discomfort Black.
His attention refocused on Black’s eyes, a smile pulling his lips lopsided. “Suits you well.”

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 2:51 pm 

Sirius couldn’t help but grin at the compliment, quite enjoying his new blonde wig as well, but it was always better to hear it from others, and somehow it was even better hearing it from Remus. Sirius knew himself to be good at what he did, getting his fair amount of tips and recognition, but somehow it felt different t to be complimented by someone who knew how he usually carried himself.
“Thank you, it’s new,” he stated, having to resist the urge to adjust it or run his fingers through it, he knew that it was styled the way he wanted it right now and he didn’t want to mess it up.
More than anything, he was a little taken aback by how easily it came to him to talk about these things with Remus, realising that he had missed having James to discuss these things with. This also felt vastly different from his friendship with James though, and he was still mostly just trying to find where the two of them were standing.
“I change it up,” he explained, wearing his own hair a lot, but sometimes it was fun to do a full transformation.
He had been so enthralled by his conversation with Remus that he barely noticed when the bartender returned with a full tray of drinks, most of them colourful and eye catching garnishes.
“There you go Puppy,” he stated as he returned his attention to the other patrons, and Sirius smiles gratefully at him.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 3:29 pm 

Despite having only just justified to himself Black’s choice of blond hair, the notion of Black done up with his own hair made something within Remus flip, once again drawing his gaze off Black’s eyes, intrigued.
He caught himself in gawking, clumsily turning to look at the bartender over his shoulder and instinctively pushing himself off the counter to make space for Black’s several drinks. For a moment, Remus felt disoriented, the name Puppy piquing his curiosity enough for his attention to follow the bartender, as though it was he who held the explanation.
Remus was violently brought back to reality when the bartender moved down the bar to serve the man Remus was here to see.
“Listen, I won't keep you,” he spoke to thin air, only turning to look at Black once the words left his lips. There was still a smile to his lips, but his mind was elsewhere, needing to shift his pace. Speaking with Black, even like this, was dangerously familiar, and Remus felt the need to draw back within himself.
“I’ll have to catch a show another time,” he said, nodding vaguely towards the patrons behind him, already taking a step away from Black.
For a moment, Remus dropped his guard enough to once again flash Sirius a genuine, sheepish smile. “I’ll see you back home, yeah?”

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 1:48 pm 

Remus’ sudden departure seemed like a whirlwind to Sirius, finding himself looking in the direction that Remus was walking and spotting a man sitting at the bar. It was a stark reminder to Sirius that Remus too was at work and that that was likely the only reason that he was even there.
Still though, he managed to send a genuine smile in his flatmate’s direction, just happy to know that he was doing something that worked for him.
“Yeah, I’ll see you back home,” Sirius stated, having to pretend that the words didn’t send a shiver down his spine. There really was something special about them acknowledging that they also shared a different aspect of their life and Sirius really did his best to not overthink it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 36  Next