All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:41 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

It was hard not to feel at an extreme loss upon seeing Harry go. He had become such a stable part of Draco’s life over the past couple of month that Draco had a hard time remembering how he even lived before.
It was going to be difficult for Draco to go back to being alone, even harder than it had been after his break up from Benjamin. However, Draco also knew that he couldn’t just keep Harry around any longer, he wasn’t making enough progress and there was just no reason to keep Harry around the manor.
“Don’t you trust me?” Draco asked, smiling but it didn’t quite reach his eyes. The past week had been particularly good with Harry, probably because Draco had been less preoccupied with work, knowing that he had to make the most of the time they had; unsure if Harry was ever going to be in his life like this again.
“I know my wards,” Draco added, feeling absolutely confident in the work that he had done on his wards.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:00 pm 

The way Harry’s smile went unwillingly lopsided ought to have been a sufficient enough answer. He trusted Draco a lot, probably far more than was professionally justified. It was, however, impossible to untangle that from the physical, intimate trust they had established, finding that the lines between the two nuances had long ago blurred.
Not willing to acknowledge it, Harry ducked his head, turning to look at the open front door. Beyond it, the grass was bright green and the sky seemed more blue than was perceptible through the windows.
“Can I, then?” he asked with a smile, eyes returning onto Draco, looking for his blessing to leave.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:12 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Everything about the situation was setting Draco on edge, desperate for a reason to tell Harry to stay, but he knew that there wasn’t any. More than anything else, Draco wanted Harry to be happy and he knew that there was nothing that would make him happier than getting to go out.
It was a beautiful day too, the sun high in the sky, as if the entire world was welcoming Harry back out into it. It made Dracos heart ache, knowing that he couldn’t compete with what the entire world had to offer him. It was just a natural place for their paths to part and yet it still felt absolutely terrible to Draco.
“You can go, yeah,” Draco said, feeling confident in the work that he has done on his wards, even if it had been a hard job to do, part of him wishing that the wards would keep him in. However, seeing how excited Harry was to leave, Draco knew that he had done the right thing, no matter how much it hurt.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:27 am 

No matter the trust he held in Draco, the memory of the ward and its blue flashing lights suddenly resurfaced, manifesting itself in a thoughtlessly little motion, lifting his hand to lead the way as he passed through the doorway.
The ward was still in place, Harry could feel the shimmer of the ward shift around him, but in contrast to four months ago, it let Harry pass without raising an alarm.
Stepping onto the doorstep, the relief almost made him laugh. The feeling of unfiltered sunlight and breeze washed over him like warm water, ten fold the experience of stepping into the sun room that very first time.
He turned, looking at Draco from the outside in, and when no blue light flashed, he smiled, thrilled. “Well done.”

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:14 am 

If Draco had thought that Harry was beautiful upon entering the sunroom, it was nothing against how Harry looked outside. It seemed almost unfair that Draco had kept him inside for long, even he had been convinced that it ha been for the best.
Even knowing that his work was good, Draco still felt more flattered when Harry said it to him, glad to have the work be noticed.
“I know my wards,” Draco repeated, gingerly stepping out on his porch, having seen terribly little sunlight himself, but wanting to give Harry a proper send off.
“Also, before I forget,” Draco stated, using a soft wave of his hand to summon Harry’s wand. It was only fair that Harry got it back now that he was going home. “I guess you better get this back.”

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:52 am 

Harry’s gaze dipped to Draco’s hand, the sight of his wand making his heart jump. They hadn’t talked about it, and Harry had come to assume that his restrictions on using magic would persist even after leaving the manor. The implication that that wasn’t the case sent a wash of relief through Harry, suddenly feeling like he might not be as poor off as Draco had previously made him out to be.
He stepped back towards the entryway, returning within reach of Draco. A smile lingered at his lips as he looked at the dark wood of the wand against Draco’s fair hand. Raising his hand to brush a gentle touch to the back of Draco’s hand, Harry seemed weary of accepting it.
He didn’t, his hand instead following the line of Draco’s arm, stretching to wrap both arms around Draco’s shoulders in a tight hug, grateful.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:11 pm 

The hug came as a complete surprise to Draco, leaving him frozen in place for a moment, before finally managing to wrap his arms around Harry as well. Even if Draco was going to keep working on the case, yet it still felt so terribly final and Draco wasn’t sure if he was ready to let him go.
However, he knew that he had to, that their time together was over and that he was going to have to get used to being alone again.j

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:57 pm 

Though Harry spent a moment squeezing his appreciation for Draco into the embrace, he didn’t linger long. Late for his own life, Harry had a full day ahead of him, and when he eased his posture, he loosened the grip around Draco.
Back of the flats of his feet, Harry’s smile widened, gingerly pushing Draco’s hair back over his shoulders, having been pulled forward when catching on the sleeve of Harry’s sweater.
“Thanks for helping out,” he said, finally reaching for his wand. Once in its hand, Harry took a thoughtless step backwards, breaking any lingering point of contact.
His eyes had dipped, turning the wand in his wand, before flipping it handle side up and using it to gesture it vaguely upwards as his eyes returned onto Draco.
“I’ll be careful.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:54 am 

The embrace didn’t last for nearly as long as Draco could have dreamt of, but he also knew that Harry had waited long enough to get back to his life. It didn’t make it less painful for Draco to see Harry go though, knowing that he had a full life waiting for him out there and that Draco was going to return to working too hard and having no one around to stop him.
“Still keep your magic use to a minimum,” Draco stated, knowing that he was going to be emotional if he got too candid.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:34 am 

Harry nodded, but the smile at his lips betrayed him. They both had to be aware of the fact that Harry worked in a field where magic was not only required but a necessary tool, making it hard to follow that direction within working hours.
“I’ll do my best.” He didn’t really want to commit to much more than that.
Taking a step backwards, Harry fidgeted with his wand, reluctant to pocket it now that he finally had it back. Once at a polite distance, Harry’s attention returned onto Draco, a genuine smile on his lips.
“Thanks again,” he reiterated, lifting his hand in a parting little gesture. “I’ll see you.”
With a crack, Harry apparated off the grounds.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:35 am 

___
The separation ha been a lot harder on Draco than he had anticipated.
He had already known that it was going to take a lot of getting used to being alone again, but just how hard he was finding it came as a surprise to him. He found himself regularly looking over to talk to Harry and ask for his advice, just missing his presence in the manor, which seemed larger and even more empty than it had done before Harry had gotten there.
Draco was sitting in his study, tea cold next to him, absorbed the work in front of him now that he had nothing else to distract himself with.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:13 am 

When Harry, five days later, had his apparation forcefully grounded by the Manor wards, he couldn't get himself to mind. Despite having been free to roam the world, Harry hadn't spent much time outside. The walk from the perimeter fences to the front door was a cherished break from the quick pace of the past few days.
Returning onto the premises, Harry couldn't help but feel reinvigorated. He had come from work, and having spent a few days back into a familiar rutine, he came prepared with several new thoughts the was eager to explore with Draco.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:55 pm 

Draco jumped when one of his alarms suddenly blared, having been so completely in on himself that he hardly had noticed the time pass. He wasn’t expecting anyone, no people ever really came by to visit the manor, but he did have a lingering hope that it might be Harry.
They had never made a deal of Harry returning to the manor and part of Draco hadn’t really expected to see him back here any time soon.
Still though, Draco got up from his seat, wand abandoned on the table and hair hanging loose and framing his face. As he reached the front door, he took a moment before actually opening it, wanting to brace himself against the potential disappointment.
When he finally managed to open the door, he was struck in place by the sight.
It was indeed Harry, but so much had changed over the weekend that Draco didn’t know how to properly wrap his head around it. First of all, Harry was in uniform and he had gotten a haircut, the long loose curls that Draco had gotten so used to gone and replaced with a shorter and sharper look. It was like they were back to the first time they saw each other since the war and it made Draco’s stomach lurch.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:39 pm 

Harry's heart flipped upon seeing the front door swing open. There was  much to be said about the heavy wards of the Manor, Draco's timely appearance in the doorway was strange reassuring, his long hair bright against the August sun. It made him smile.
"Hi, Draco," Harry greeted cheerily, taking the steps up to the landing in strides. "You' busy?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:28 pm 

How casual Harry was with him immediately made Draco relax and made his shoulders fall back into place. He wasn’t entirely sure why seeing Harry again was making him so nervous, but everything seemed so new again and Draco was having a hard time knowing where to stand.
“Hi Harry,” Draco started, seeing Harry come up the steps with a weird feeling in his body.
The question did nothing to ease his mind though, unsure what Harry possibly could have in mind, but interested in finding out.
“Not particularly, why?”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:39 pm 

Slowing his pace as he reached the top step, Harry stopped a few yards away from Draco. The way Draco had phrased his reply felt intentionally misleading, having known Draco to be incredibly busy regardless of the time of day. But, frankly, Harry wasn’t sure if Draco had felt the need to upkeep that same pace without supervision.
Regardless, it made Harry duck his head with a smile, nodding outward to contextualise that it’d mean leaving the Manor.
“I’ve talked with the guys at the Wizengamot about removing the trackers on your wand,” he said too easily for the significance it carried.
Harry’s eyes flickered off to one side, glancing a few inches to the left of Draco’s direct eyeline, a clear confirmation that Draco didn’t have his wand on his person as of right now. Harry didn’t know what to do with the information that Draco had attended his door unarmed.
His eyes returned onto Draco, willing a good-humoured smile onto his lips.
“They can squeeze us in during their lunch hour, if we’re quick.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:55 pm 

Draco hadn’t really known what to expect upon Harry returning to the manor, but getting the trackers taken off his wand was definitely not on the top of his list. Most of the time it didn’t even bother him that they were there, using most of the magic he did around the house wandkess anyway, but it would be nice to know that the Wizengamot wouldn’t be able to see his every move anymore.
“Right,” Draco said, trying to process it all. He was definitely not dressed for leaving the manor, so he knew that that was something that he was going to have to fix first, but he was unsure of how much of a hurry they were actually in.
“Come on in, I have to get changed before I go anywhere,” Draco elaborates, stepping away from the door and allowing Harry entrance into the manor again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:56 pm 

Harry’s eyes thoughtlessly dipped at the mention that Draco felt the need to change. To Harry, he looked fine; just as he had gotten used to seeing Draco dress the past few months. He understood if that was suspended in a different reality, though. After all, Harry himself had dressed differently, too.
“Yeah, I’ll wait,” he said as he followed Draco into the manor, both of them displaying a greater sense of ease in the visit than the last time Harry had arrived at Draco’s doorstep.
He glanced at Draco as he passed him, his smile widening as he mindlessly reached for him, pressing a little greeting with a brief touch just above Draco’s elbow. Within just another step, Harry had moved out of reach, and dropped his hand.
”Take your time. I’m sure they’ll help us even if we show up later than that.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:39 pm 

Draco was left completely without a proper center of gravity, having just gotten Harry back in his life only to probably lose him again, if even just for as long as it would take for Draco to redress. Still, that seemed like too long, the risk of Harry potentially leaving him again too high, and despite knowing just how pathetic it was, Draco couldn’t leave Harry in the hall.
“Why don’t you come with me? Tell me about your birthday, yeah?” Draco said with a soft smile, knowing that it was a thinly veiled excuse, if it could even count as an excuse, but he did want to see Harry and to hear about his celebration, even if it hurt that he had been unable to be a part of it.
“Happy birthday, by the way,” he added, as he went towards the staircase that led to the bedrooms.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:06 pm 

Harry’s smile went sheepish at the mention of his birthday. It hadn’t been his intention to keep it from Draco, well aware of the fact that he hadn’t explained that the Ministry dinner in his celebration the immovable force that had meant his stay at the manor had to come to an end. It just truly hadn’t felt that important.
“Thank you,” he answered regardless, a smile to his voice as he followed up the stairs behind Draco. “It was nice.”
Harry had no expectations of Draco remembering the date of his birthday, having figured Draco had only come to learn about it from the mentions of it printed in that day’s Prophet. If that was the case, then Draco knew everything that was worth knowing, really.
“People have all been very kind.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 99  Next