All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:38 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

There was never going to be anything as calming to Draco as the feeling of Harry reaching out for him, especially not when it came in this sleep muddled state that he was currently in. It made his heart jump in his chest, but it also worked to assure him that this was okay, that he could have this little piece of something nice.
He leaned down to press a quick kiss to Harry’s clavicle, feeling relieved by the sleep, no matter how few hours he had actually gotten, he was in a better place of mind now. He also knew that a large part of it was specifically the sleeping together with Harry, but that was not something that he was going to let poison his brain.
“”morning,” Draco muttered, a warm smile on his lips.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:45 pm 

A smile pulled at his lips at that, not entirely sure he was ready to face the day himself. On top of two poor sleeps, these last few hours didn’t feel long enough to make up for it.
“Already?” he chuckled, hand leaving Draco’s crown to reach up to rub at his eye, turning his head against the touch to avoid disturbing Draco’s position too much.
Letting his hand fall from his face, it returned purposeless and heavily onto Draco’s shoulder. Even trying to blink the world into view, Harry found his exhaustion hard to shake. He turned his head towards Draco, away from the sunlight. “It’s Saturday, isn’t it?”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:00 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

If he was being completely honest, then Draco had very little grasp of what day it actually was, having mostly been going through the same routine every single day since Harry got to the manor. However, he had also not slept for the entirety of the night before and felt a little bit more inclined to just stick around for a little while longer.
“I guess so,” Draco stated, figuring that Harry would know the day of the week far better than he would. That didn’t mean that Draco was too inclined to go back to sleep though, finding it easy to go back gk only getting very little sleep and also finding his hands to be itching to go do more work.
“Are you trying to tell me that the office is closed, or what?” Draco asked, a smile on his lips as he saw Harry slowly blink the world into focus, looking like he wasn’t doing a particularly good job at that, but at least trying very hard.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:23 pm 

The question made Harry choke out a laugh, utterly perplexed by the fact that Draco already had work on his mind, even if it was nothing but a tease to lurch Harry awake.
“****ing hell, Draco,” he muttered, humored more than displeased, a smile still ghosting at his lips.
Turning slightly on his side, Harry’s free hand found blind purpose at the hollow of Draco’s knee, hooking it over Harry’s leg as he turned further into the embrace, keen on prolonging it for as long as possible.
In the shadow Harry’s shoulders cast between them, Harry finally blinked his eyes open, peering at Draco through heavy lids and blurred vision. It made him grin, before turning his face into the pillow, unprepared for the day.
“You’re a menace.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:19 am 

There was something about Harry looking at him like that, even if it was just to call him a menace, that made Draco’s heart flip. Even if Draco still knew that Harry had to leave very soon, he was now more keen on just enjoying the time that they had together.
“I am used to working a lot more than I do now,” he reminded Harry, but allowed himself to be held in the embrace, not too keen on leaving either. It was nice and Draco felt more comfortable than he usually allowed himself to feel.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:48 am 

Though it had to be spoken as a tease, Harry and Draco alike know that it wasn't particularly humerous, too loaded with an uncomfortable truth.
"You've had four hours of sleep in the past two days," Harry stated blankly.
When it became apparent that Draco wasn't as much of a flight risk as other mornings, Harry relaxed the embrace, hand leaving Draco's thigh in favour for a lazier, more comfortable hold around his waist.
It once again felt incredibly difficult to keep his eyes comfortable. The fact that Draco had slept an average of two hours a night meant that Harry himself couldn't have gotten more than four hours a night himself.
He opted not to consider the implications, simply giving into his own exhaustion, once again getting comfortable in his new position.
"If you'd work any more you'd fall apart."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:04 pm 

While Draco had mostly been meaning his comment as a tease, he knew that Harry wasn’t very far off. It was dangerously little how much Draco had slept, but that didn’t mean that he was suddenly going to be able to sleep a lot more.
The comment from Harry was so sweet though, even if it was clearly spoken from a place of concern, that Draco was left at a loss of what to say. Even if Harry had been with him for a while now, it still felt new and strange to Draco to have anyone care about him in such a way.
“I think I can handle it,” Draco stated, unsure how true that really was, but he really had been used to working a lot more and taking a lot less care of himself.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:00 pm 

Harry lazily opened his eyes, needing to match an expression to Draco’s words. Draco held himself to impossible standards nobody had set for him; it certainly hadn’t been Harry who had asked that of him when asking him on the case.
He took a slow breath, eyelids heavy as he blinked.
Policing Draco’s habits were a lost cause, Harry already knew that. Still, it felt like they were toeing a potentially cusp that threatened to tip the balance completely.
“It’s alright if you can’t,” he said almost casually, not really wanting to make a big deal of it. Rather than elaborating, Harry brushes his thumb across the jut of Draco’s hip bone, a small reassurance.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:54 pm 

While Draco didn’t doubt for even a second that Harry meant what he said, he also knew that he would never be able to live with himself, if he felt that he would have been able to do more but didn’t. There were still so many things that Draco felt the need to make up for, so he was going to have to do as much work as possible to try and solve the case that had been given to him.
This seemed impossible for him to put into words though, knowing that Harry understood his loaded history and maybe even why he felt the need to be such an overachiever.
“But I can,” was all Draco said, knowing that he would have to.
Not wanting to launch Harry into another spiel of him taking care of himself though, he instead leaned in to kiss him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:32 pm 

Even in his exhaustion, Harry understood that the kiss marked an end to that tangent. Without a doubt, Draco had been working this hard for the past several months, Harry had simply been slow to notice, Draco’s odd hours only truly becoming apparent when they had started spending the nights together. In a different context, Harry would have argued, but right then and there, warm with sleep, the sun and Draco’s presence, he couldn’t get himself to mind, smiling into it at the transparency of Draco’s intention.
He happily forfeited the fight, his hand slipping from Draco’s waist to the small of his back.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:37 pm 

Deep down, Draco knew that it probably wasn’t a bad conversation for them to have, but it also wasn’t one that he could bear to have right in that moment. So when Harry kissed him back, it was so easy to just make himself more comfortable on Harry’s chest, stretching up further.
It was woefully transparent, that much Draco did know, but it was hard not to want Harry when he was right underneath Draco and giving into Draco’s ministrations so easily.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:57 pm 

It was terribly difficult not to indulge. Running warmer than Harry could ever imagine, Draco had slept without his shirt on, leaving endless panes of skin beneath Harry’s palm as it brushed across the lining of his pants. It always seemed to make Harry’s throat knot up, making it hard to breathe.
Another small encouragement for Draco to stay close, Harry’s hand once again fell from Draco’s back to his thigh, for the second time finding a hold around Draco’s knee, urging him properly onto Harry’s lap. Suddenly, the attempt to prolong their slumber had deflated, giving way for something far more interesting than sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:16 pm 

When Draco was urged to properly get onto Harry’s lap he eagerly did so, pleased to have managed to get Harry more awake. It was a silly victory, but Draco knew that he wouldn’t have been able to go back to sleep anyway, so he was pleased that Harry wouldn’t either now.
His hands found the buttons on Harry’s pyjamas shirt, wanting to see more of him and hoping that this was still something that they were doing, even with Harry leaving. It felt too familiar though, and right in that moment Draco was absolutely incapable of wrapping his head around the idea that Harry might not want him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:26 pm 

As soon as Draco’s hands found the buttons of Harry’s pyjamas shirt, it truly hammered home how differently they were dressed. Beyond playing coy about their intimacy, Harry’s hands fell from Draco, catching the bottom hem of his shirt to help undo his buttons until meeting Draco’s hands a few inches below his sternum.
Pushing himself upright onto his elbows and further into the kiss, Harry shifted to allow Draco to push the shirt off his shoulders.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:55 pm 

When Harry sat up to help get his shirt off, Draco couldn’t help but smile. It was better for them to just keep whatever this was, rather than talk too much about bad habits and the inevitable leave.
Eager for more, Draco pushed Harry’s shirt completely off, running his hands over his chest and down his arms as he did. He was about to make the absolute most of the remainder of their timer together, and he just had to hope that that was what Harry wanted as well.
Breaking the kiss, Draco instead trailed kisses along Harry’s jaw, ending at the pulse point right underneath his ear.
“Let me take care of you,” he muttered, unsure if Harry would know exactly what he meant, but also not keen on being a lot more specific than that. Instead, his hands simply found the edge of Harry’s pyjama pants, starting to push them down.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:43 am 

Draco's words sent a shudder through Harry, wholly unprepared to hear them. He felt drunk. The surge of adrenaline mixed with the persistent exhausting deep in his tissue in a way that made him feel disassociated from his own body, floating atop it.
There was a million different things Draco could mean, but as Harry relaxed back against the pillows, bare shoulders against the sheets, only one was on Harry's mind. The flushed anticipation burned bright in his expression, transparently giving away that, among endless interpretations, Harry hoped he was right.
"Draco," he choked, afraid to misconstrue this as something it wasn't, simply because he wanted Draco so much it hurt.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:30 pm 

The words, and the promise that came with them, had had the desired effect on Harry and it made Draco’s mouth water. If he had known that this was all it took to make Harry unravel in this way, Draco would have offered a lot earlier, desperately wanting to prove himself somehow, show Harry that this could be anything that he wanted it to be.
“You always take such good care of me,” Draco started, placing slow and deliberately kisses down Harry’s neck, which was made slightly awkward by him adjusting his position such that he was now between Harry’s legs rather than straddling them.
“Can I take care of you?” He asked, wanting to hear Harry say it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:50 pm 

Harry could have come undone then and there. It was everything and more, the desire to be with Draco like that hitting him like a Bludger at full force, providing the same sense of vertigo as falling through thin air.
Yes,” he fumbled, the confirmation spilling out with an eagerness he would probably feel embarrassed about as soon as his head stopped spinning.
Needing to pace themselves, Harry wrapped his arms around Draco’s shoulders, pushing his hands into the hair at the nape of Draco’s neck in order to pull him up and off his skin, needing him to stop if only for a moment.
“Please,” Harry encouraged, his sanity hanging on by a thread, anticipation and adoration all mixed up into a single, dishevelled expression. “You’ll be so good to me.”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:24 pm 

Actually seeing Harry and just how excited he clearly was nearly broke Draco apart, having not quite anticipated this kind of reaction from him. It was beautiful and Draco could scarcely believe that he was the reason that Harry was looking like that, much less looking at him like that. It was probably the most stunning sight that Draco had ever seen and he could look at him forever.
Completely unable to put any of his thoughts into words, and part of him also recognising that he probably shouldn’t, Draco leant back in to kiss Harry on the lips. It was clumsy, trying to show Harry how he felt without saying it, without giving too much away, but it was also everything to Draco right in that moment.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:55 pm 

______

Despite how long Harry had been at the Manor, it was only his last day there that he found himself back in the entryway. Draco had spent the past couple of days here, hopefully having been successful in easing the restrictions of his wards and on the Thursday before Harry’s birthday, Harry was finally ready to leave.
Coote had already shipped his chest back to Grimmauld through the Floo, but Draco had still been weary of Harry getting caught in the network and had encouraged him to apparate off the grounds, and Harry himself was aching to step into the late July sun.
“I’m not gunna smack my head against it this time, yeah?” Harry asked, a smile on his lips. He was in a good mood, looking forward to reemerging into the real world, and having already spent a brilliant morning in Draco’s company.
Harry had particularly enjoyed himself this last week of his stay, the stakes significantly lowered and Draco more easily (or more willing to be) distracted from his work. He still had such a hold on Harry’s attention that Harry’s heart flipped in his chest whenever he looked at him.
He smiled, unable to help it.
“Have you tried tossing an object through it, or are you just brilliant enough to know it works without having tested it?”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 99  Next