All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:58 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

It was without a second thought that Draco reached out for his wand with his right hand, not wanting to ruin Harry’s work on his hair by it being unfastened.
However, once he got a grip on his wand he could tell that something was wrong, but he didn’t have the time to say or do anything before it misfired. Usually a very stable wand, the misfiring took Draco completely by surprise, unsure what on earth could have caused it.
He put it back on the table immediately, feeling worried that it might have hit Harry.
“Are you okay?”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:15 am 

A jolt of pain shot up Harry’s arms, making him yelp, instinctively letting go of both Draco’s wand and braid as if burned. Startled more than hurt, Harry was quick to gape at his opened palm, barely witnessing a faint mark where the tip of Draco’s wand had been pressed against Harry’s skin.
Harry flexed his hand, the crackle of magic buzzing through his skin as his fingers moved. It was the first time in months Harry had felt the weight of magic in his hand, but the feeling of it was unfamiliar; it wasn't Harry’s own, making his throat close up.
By the second time he flexed his hand, the mark had dulled, lost to the tan colour of Harry’s skin.
“Yeah,” he stuttered out, mind reeling to catch up with what had happened, unable to figure out the root cause of the pain, nor the intent with which it had been fired.
Awkwardly, he stood, rubbing his palm against the leg of his trousers. It was a thoughtless attempt to scratch the itch that settled deep within his hand, prickling at his nerve endings. “I think so.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:19 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Without thinking, Draco grabbed Harry’s hand, wanting to see if the misfire had caused any real damage to his hand. Gingerly, Draco ran his thumb over the spot where the misfire had to have hit, relieved to find that it didn’t seem to have left a mark.
“What on earth,” he muttered, mostly just to himself. He hadn’t done anything that should cause his wand to react to him, normally finding that he was very in tune with it and had it under control. It seemed unlikely that it should decide to act up now, so Draco had to start thinking of alternative explanations to the sudden aggressive behaviour from it.
“You didn’t do anything either, right?”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:15 pm 

Despite the phantom tension still in his arm, Harry allowed Draco to take his hand, relaxing his fingers as Draco inspected his skin for wounds. His eyes followed Draco’s fingers, trying not to get too caught up in the fact that Draco had said /either/.
“No,” Harry said, hoping Draco would believe him. He didn’t have a perfect record of following directions, but this wasn’t a deviation of those, neither intentional nor accidental.
The feeling of magic had slowly dissipated from his skin by then, but the memory alone made Harry’s fingers twitch, an interrupted instinct to flex his hand to ease the discomfort.
“It’s not my magic.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:18 pm 

Draco nodded softly at that, fully and entirely believing what Harry was telling him. It was clear that something had gone awry, but Draco had no reason to believe that Harry would purposefully cause something like this after all.
“Can you tell if it’s mine?” Draco asked, no longer having much reason in holding onto Harry’s hand, but he still did, thumb continuously running over the spot where the misfire had hit. He was thinking at a millions miles an hour, knowing that it had been an accident, yet still beating himself up over having Harry being accidentally be hurt.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:44 pm 

Despite being a very natural question for Draco to follow up with, it still made Harry’s expression falter, uncertain. The magic wasn’t familiar in the way Draco’s magic had steadily become, but then again, Harry realised he had outgrown the frame of reference he had for Draco’s magic when it was cast in malice.
Harry took a moment to consider that, only then truly struck by how narrow the scope of familiarity actually was.
“I can,” he eventually answered, low but feeling pretty sure. Still uneasy at the alternative, he flexed his hand, thoughtlessly and momentarily closing his hand around Draco’s. “I don’t think it is, though.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:48 pm 

There was a great comfort for Draco to know that Harry at least felt certain that it wasn’t his magic that had caused harm. It did pose the greater question of what exactly did the harm though, but it would be a lie to say that he wasn’t glad that it at least wasn’t him.
“Good,” Draco stated, looking up at Harry’s face with a soft smile. It made him realise just how silly it was that he was still holding Harry’s hand, but he also didn’t really want to let it go.
Instead, Draco placed a quick kiss to the place where the magic had hit.
“There, all better.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:14 pm 

As soon as Harry had dismissed Draco as the source of the strike, Harry had come to doubt that statement. It suddenly felt presumptuous to think that it was a question he could answer, too aware of how skewed his perspective had come with isolation; that he had spoken out of term solely because he had felt Draco’s magic more recently than his own.
Part of Harry thought he had overestimated their familiarity, and part of him expected Draco’s kiss to hurt, just as much as holding Draco’s wand had.
It didn’t.
Sweet as ever, the kiss was a source of heat against his chilled skin. Harry had gotten used to being cold again, slow and steadily, and it all seemed to strike him all at once.
Harry’s hand left Draco’s, instead catching Draco’s jaw. Gently angling it upward, Harry ducked down to press a tender kiss to Draco’s lips, a week of deprivation finally ebbing over.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:09 pm 

The kiss was still as easy as it always had been, even if Draco hadn’t actually kissed Harry for a weak. It was weird how used Draco had gotten to be around Harry, that even a week of being apart didn’t change the ways that he reacted to him.
He allowed himself to linger for a moment, wanting to remember exactly how it felt again, suddenly wondering how on earth he had ever deprived himself of this before. It seemed absolutely ridiculous that he ever would have.
However, he was also aware of the fact that something that caused his wand to react to them touching it and he had to figure out what. With that in mind, he gingerly broke the kiss, not really because he wanted to, but because he found that it was necessary.
“I need to figure out what just happened,” he stated, looking up at Harry with a soft expression, not really feeling like moving.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:46 pm 

Harry had kissed Draco with few expectations; the fact that he even kissed him back felt like enough. It seemed to reaffirm that this was something they could both bear, the varying waves of intimacy. With a budding sense of expectation, Harry wondered if Draco would join him in bed tonight, too.
Withdrawing his hands, Harry allowed himself to relax his posture, once again slumping against the edge of Draco’s table.
“Did something happen?” he asked, though his voice wasn’t a challenge. The pain had felt so oddly mundane, and while it had noticeably been magical, Harry was willing to accept it as nothing more than an exchange of static electricity.

Last edited by Nymeria on Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:33 pm 

It was tempting to just go along with Harry’s suggestion that nothing was wrong, but deep down Draco knew that something had to have happened. His wand had always been stable as ever, so there had to be something wrong.
“Something clearly did,” Draco stated, unsure if he was trying to convince himself or if he was trying to convince Harry.
“If you didn’t use magic and I didn’t use magic, then something clearly happened to make my wand misfire,” Draco explained, not because he didn’t think that Harry would believe him, but more such that he would be able to properly convince himself.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:38 am 

__

When Draco had sent for Coote to retrieve Harry’s wand, Harry had been struck with a worry he couldn’t quite verbalize. After almost two months without it, there was a strange fear of rejection, that every small observation Draco had made on the changing nature of Harry’s magic would all together amount to a change so severe and radical, that he had become unrecognizable to his own wand.
Harry had felt his shoulders settle when that hadn’t been the case. Far from it, really.
Standing in the middle of Draco’s office, Harry had summoned several objects with precision, and gone through another few household spells with ease. Latest, Harry had performed a pathed Accio, forcing the teacup to take the longest but safest path to him, rather than the shorter, more perilous route littered with obstacles.
Catching the cup mid air, Harry’s eyes returned onto Draco, awaiting judgement, as he placed the cup down on the closest surface. There was, however, an undeniable sense of restless ease about the way Harry fidgeted with his wand, feeling quite certain nothing was wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:47 pm 

In the end, Draco had managed to convince Harry that they needed to run some tests, feeling absolutely certain that something was wrong and he wanted to get to the bottom of it.
“Very good,” Draco stated, writing down his observations, as he had watched Harry use magic for the first time since arriving at the manor. After several trial runs, Draco had come to the conclusion that nothing was wrong with Harry’s magic, at least not while using his own wand. His spell work had been steady and Draco didn’t have a finger to put on any of it.
“How does it feel?” Draco asked, wanting to know if maybe he was in pain or something the like. The more he knew about how Harry was doing, the easier it was going to be able to get to the bottom of it all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:48 pm 

“Fine,” Harry answered; he didn’t need any time to consider it. After a month without using magic, he had to suppress the urge to let that bias his response - he’d like to answer honestly, to say it felt terrific, but he knew that wasn’t what Draco was asking.
He was itching to perform more intricate spells, though, even in his eagerness, he refrained, knowing that wasn’t why Draco had allowed him his wand back.
Thoughtlessly, Harry tossed his wand, only barely leaving his hand to flip around in the air before he once again caught it. To turn it right side up, he twirled it.
“Familiar.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:17 pm 

Draco nodded at that, knowing that Harry must have missed using magic so terribly much. Even if Harry had been raised by muggles, it was likely many years since he had last went without magic for any amount of time. It meant that Draco only admired him that much more for having been able to cut it off completely like that, and especially for so long.
“I bet,” Draco said, before he reached out his hand to get to wand back. He was still convinced that it was a bad idea for Harry to use too much magic, so he would rather be on the safe side and confiscate the wand again, even if it felt rather heartless.
“Now try mine,” Draco instead said, pulling the wand out of his hair with his free hand and handed it over to Harry.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:17 pm 

The ease that Harry had displayed throughout the exercise suddenly wavered, uncertain about making that change. His eyes darted to Draco’s wand as he stepped closer, a more true indicator of his state of mind than his posture.
“Why?” he asked.
While he handed over his wand, he was hesitant to reach for Draco’s. His hand instead fell to the table, fingers barely brushing the tabletop.
“I know why,” Harry clarified. After all, this was all because Draco’s wand had reacted abnormally to him. “But why does it matter whether or not I can use your wand at all?”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:34 pm 

There was something heartbreaking in the way Harry hesitated, Draco fearing that he might end up accidentally hurting him again. However, Draco was also extremely curious as to what could have caused is wand to react in such a way.
“Indulge me,” Draco said with a soft, encouraging smile. He didn’t want Harry to fear anything, but he also knew that this was something that he absolutely had to check out.
“Please.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:39 am 

Though Harry paused, he didn’t offer any further objections, and eventually, he accepted Draco’s wand.
Besides the few times Harry had picked the wand out of Draco’s hair, Harry hadn’t held Draco’s wand in a decade. While it had served him well during the war, Harry was suddenly full of apprehensions, not because he expected it to hurt, but because he fundamentally didn’t want to think of the implications of Draco’s wand accepting or rejecting him.
Once the wand left Draco’s hand, Harry turned it, adjusting his grip on the handle as he made himself familiar with the different weight and point of gravity. There was no immediate sense of discomfort, making his eyes dart back up to Draco, a vague question woven into his expression.
Eventually, Harry stepped away from the table.
“Another Accio?”

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:29 pm 

Rationally, Draco knew that it wasn’t really important whether or not Harry could use his wand, but he couldn’t help but feel like the wand’s reaction to Harry was important somehow. So far, his hunches and gut reactions had been right, so he hoped that this would bring something with it as well.
“Yes, please,” Draco stated, happy that Harry still trusted him with all of his research.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:31 pm 

Instinctively, Harry’s hand reached blindly for the cup he had only just summoned, the impulse being to yet again use that to test his spellwork. Suddenly struck with a sense of weariness, he reconsidered, withdrawing his hand and leaving the cup where he had left it.
Stepping away from Draco’s desk, Harry’s eyes scanned the room, trying to place a less fragile object to practice with, having come to doubt his own capabilities.
He turned Draco’s wand in his hand as he did, restless.
Despite the time Harry had spent in the study, most objects remained unfamiliar to him; eventually, he settled on the spherical map of the house in Towthorpe, one of the only things in the room that were Harry’s.
Despite being instructed to speak his spellwork out loud, Harry barely pronounced the A before he choked, a flash of pain making his breath catch. He flinched, both in pain and in the suppressed effort not to toss Draco’s wand to the floor at the risk of breaking. Not knowing what else to do, he shifted the wand to his left hand.
The map, having lifted a foot, fell loudly back on the table before rolling to the wooden floor, the thud of the impact resonating through the room along with Harry’s curses.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 99  Next