All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:42 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Draco allowed himself to cry it out for a bit, feeling sensitive and sad about the entire ordeal. Everything just seemed like too much to Draco, leaving him wanting to hide and never see the light of day again; at least for a while.
When Sirius proclaimed that he was proud of him, Draco could feel something swell in his chest, having needed that validation from someone, knowing for certain that it wouldn’t come from either of his parents. It wasn’t like it was something he could choose, nor was it something that he had picked out for himself, so it felt so unfair to be punished for it.
“I did it,” he muttered softly, voice hoarse from the crying, which was dying down now. He weakly loosened his grip around Sirius, figuring that he had cried enough for one day, even if he didn’t feel at all done crying.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:35 pm 

Sirius relaxed his hold on Draco, letting his hands fall to his upper arms, wanting to prolong that stability through what was clearly a fragile moment. Despite it all, Sirius smiled, happy and proud that Draco had been able to take that step.
“Yeah, you did,” he encouraged, a huffed little chuckle in his voice. He reached out to brush Draco’s cheeks clean of tears with the back of his hand, having no tissue immediately at hand.
His hand came to a natural rest against Draco’s cheek, warm and flushed; there, he gave it a familiar little pat, before removing it, Sirius’ smile growing wider by the second. “Congratulations, kid."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:27 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

There was such kindness and care in Sirius’s touch that Draco hardly knew what to do about himself, pushing down the urge to start weeping once more.
He fully removed his hands from Sirius, still feeling a little embarrassed by just how much of himself he had shown to Sirius so fast. It didn’t matter than Sirius told him that it was fine, in fact it almost seemed to highlight just how rejected he had been by his parents.
The congratulations felt hollow to Draco, not feeling like there was much to congratulate, but he hoped that that feeling would come eventually.
“Thanks,” he said in a soft voice, gingerly returning the smile that Sirius was flashing him, though his was far from as radiant.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:56 pm 

The smile, however meeker it was, spoke volumes. It was a sincere relief to Sirius, feeling like he shared part of the responsibility - and the possible blame - having encouraged Draco to come out. It was reassuring to know that Draco, for now, didn’t seem to blame Sirius for anything.
“Soon you’ll be able to celebrate it,” Sirius reassured him, finally shifting to get up from his chair.
Standing, he had to fight the urge to brush another caress to Draco’s shoulders. Instead, he sent Draco another juvenile smile. “For now, I’ll do it on your behalf.”

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:26 pm 

The gesture was beyond sweet to Draco, feeling very good about his decision to find his estranged cousin and try to reach out. It had been beyond what he could have hoped for, and Draco was still having a hard time believing everything that had happened to him today.
“Thank you, Sirius,” he said in a soft voice, so genuinely happy that Sirius had just stepped up to the plate and had given him the support that he needed.
“Really, thank you,” Draco repeated.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:56 pm 

Sirius felt warm at the knowledge that he had lived up to the expectations Draco had for him, when he decided to come to him for support.
“That’s what family’s for, innit,” he said with an easy grin, the statement enough to make his heart do somersaults in his chest. It hadn’t ever been true, finding that not once had that awful family managed to live up to the most bare boned expectations. Suddenly, his family had expanded by one, and Sirius was given the opportunity to do what his parents hadn’t.
He stepped away from the table, not wanting to linger in the intimacy long enough for Draco to become emotional again. As he did, he brushed a touch across Draco’s ear, an almost childish expression of affection.
“You feeling better, though?” he asked, glancing back at Draco as he approached the counter. “Would it be alright if Remus joins us?”

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:38 pm 

Technically, Draco was still a complete mess and knew that he was going to be just that until at least a week or so from now. That didn’t quell his curiosity to meet Sirius’ husband though, having seen the pictures and wanting to know even more about them.
“Yeah, sure,” Draco said, wiping his eyes one last time in a finally attempt to get himself properly together. It had been a very long day already, and yet Draco could already see that it was not going to be over just yet.
“Didn’t mean to hog your kitchen,” Draco said, stopping himself from apologising once more.
The way that Sirius had mentioned them being family made Draco’s heart flip in his chest, having never really felt any special connection to his family, but now it seemed different now. It felt like Sirius genuinely cared about him and that made it easier for him to share.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:55 pm 

The fact that that worry even existed within Draco, among everything else that was going on, made a surprised little huff of a laugh escape Sirius.
“Don’t worry about it, there’s plenty of room in this house,” he said, finding it difficult to have pity with Remus, who certainly had been perfectly able to entertain himself with either the telly or a book. “You’ve displaced no one.”
Climbing a few steps up the staircase, Sirius called for his husband.
“Remus?” he called, knowing it would be audible if Remus remained on the main floor of the house. If he had retreated to the study, Sirius would have to fetch him himself. “Why don’t you come down and say hi, love.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:24 am 

Remus had decided to bide his time when Sirius returned to their guest in the kitchen, knowing that the young man had just gone through a scary ordeal and that he likely wouldn’t like more strangers around him. Thus, he had decided to sit in the ground floor sitting room, reading a book rather than going through the essays that he probably should.
It was only when he heard Sirius’ voice call for him that he put the book away and went to join Sirius and their guest in the kitchen.
“Coming, love,” Remus returned, as he ascended the stairs and was met with the sight of a striking young man sitting at their table. It wasn’t hard to see the family resemblance to Sirius, both men too striking for their own good, but where Sirius was tan and dark, Draco was pale and fair, his blonde hair making him stand out further.
“Hi, Draco was it?” Remus attempted, kind smile on his lips, as he tugged at the sleeves of his sweater. “I’m Remus, Sirius’ husband.”

Draco had mostly caved in on himself again, when a tall man entered the kitchen. Draco knew himself to be tall, and yet he could tell that even if he were to stand, Remus would likely still stand taller than him. He had a kind face and a soft voice, which made Draco feel a bit more at ease in the entire thing.
“Yeah, Draco,” he stated, still feeling a bit like he was intruding, but he tried to push the feeling away. “Nice to meet you.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:35 am 

When Remus stepped off the stairs, Sirius reached out for him, his hand settling at the small of his back. It wasn’t even a thoughtful caress, it was a lifetime of affection ingrained in everything he did, instinctively seeking his husband whenever he came near.
“Draco’s just come out to his parents,” Sirius informed Remus, an update to the context he had already given him upstairs.
A smile was tugging at the corners of Sirius’ mouth; it hadn’t been an exaggeration when he said he would happily celebrate the milestone on Draco’s behalf. His attention returned onto Draco, in good spirits despite his cousin’s visible fragility.
“It’s quickly becoming the longest running family tradition,” he said with a private little grin, as if that was only Draco who was in on the joke.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:18 am 

The way that Sirius was beaming about the entire ordeal made Remus, remembering just how relieved his husband had been when he had broken from his own parents. It was clear that Draco wasn’t in the exact same place about the entire thing, but Remus assumed that Sirius knew the tone with which Draco felt comfortable discussing it, and laced along with him.
“We are on third generation now, yes?” Remus asked, having been with Sirius since the very beginning, also when he reached out to his own estranged uncle, finding it quaint that it really was becoming a tradition.

There was something touching about the way that Sirius and Remus really wanted to celebrate Draco’s coming out, making the feeling of nausea about the entire ordeal lessen. He still wasn’t thrilled, knowing that he probably could have stayed closeted for as long as need be, if it had come down to it, which it likely would have.
However, he was puzzled at the explanation of the third generation, figuring that his mum’s sister couldn’t be old enough to count as a generation above Sirius, so it left him wondering who the first one was.
“Third?” Draco inquired, unsure how exactly to phrase the question.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:56 am 

Sirius nodded at Draco, not immediately understanding that Draco was asking for clarification, and not for emphasis.
“Yeah,” Sirius chuckled, somewhat clumsily as he realized the span of Draco’s question. In contrast to Andromeda, Sirius wasn’t particularly surprised that they had been able to conceal Alphard’s existence. It was, however, a shame that Draco had been given the impression that this wasn’t a common occurrence.
Retrieving his hand from the small of Remus’ back, he mindlessly encouraged his husband to take a seat at the table, intending to preheat the oven before joining them himself.
“My uncle Alphard was gay, too,” he elaborated. Once his hand had lost purpose, no longer touching Remus, he instead resumed his thoughtless turning of his rings as he tried to visualize how Alphard was related to Draco. “That’d be - your grandfather’s Cygnus, yeah? Alphard was his brother.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:33 pm 

Draco had already known that the Black family was huge, spanning generations of families with far too many siblings and cousins to keep track of. It seemed absolutely impossible and insurmountable to Draco that he had even more family members.
There was also something to be said of the fact that Sirius still had somewhat track of the family all these years later, finding that it hit something within him. It felt more like he had found a real family member that way, wanting to be able to tie him in with the rest of it all.
“Yeah, Cygnus is my grandfather,” Draco stated, trying to make it all make sense and settle in his mind.
In a way, it felt less like defeat to Draco, suddenly aware of just how often this happened and how the family just didn’t mention it.

Remus noticed the way Draco seemed to be thinking as he took a seat across from him. It was clear to him that Draco had had a very long day and that everything was so new to him. There was no way that Remus was ever going to be able to know what he was going through, but he was very willing to help him out.
“I keep forgetting just how insane your family is,” Remus stated, mostly towards Sirius, but including Draco in the statement as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:11 pm 

“Well, it would have been easier to piece together if they hadn’t disowned us,” Sirius laughed, finding that to be the greatest issue of trying to figure out the relations in a fractured family tree. There was no spite in his laugh, aware of the fact that it was delusions even more so than wishful thinking - even if he had been straight or in the closet, he had never gotten along with his parents well enough to remain in touch.
He had stopped by the oven, turning the knob without looking at the markings, perfectly at home.
“I had to go search out Alphard, too,” he mused as he poked at the tawing portions, finding that they were at the very least not rock solid. “What was that, Moons, first summer after graduating? I was eighteen.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:03 pm 

Remus was thinking back to when they were 18 and Sirius had set out to find his estranged uncle, longing to be around his biological family, even though the Potter’s had taken him in and loved him ever since he got disowned.
“Yeah, it was after graduating,” Remus recalled, having followed Sirius to London, together with James as well, such that Sirius could reconnect with his uncle. “Thank god for your family’s weird naming practice.”

There was something so intimate about the two men using each other to recall past events, and Draco felt almost touched by it even if it was probably incredibly mundane. It was something like that Draco had always known weren’t for him, but now that world was suddenly open to him as well and it seemed like too much for him.
“Had they mentioned Alphard to you as well?” Draco asked, curious as to how Sirius had even known about Alphard’s existence. “Because that is how I knew to even search for you.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:13 pm 

Sirius glanced at Remus, a grin on his lips in lieu of a clever response. After all, Remus was entirely correct, just as Draco had undoubtedly capitalized on the fact that there were no other Sirius Black’s to be found.
“I, uh,” he stalled, struggling to maintain both lines of thought. He abandoned the counter, to properly join the conversation, pulling out the chair next to Remus’.
“No, I knew him growing up,” Sirius corrected as he took a seat. “To be honest, I don’t know if they legally disowned him, he just stopped being there.”
He relaxed into the seat, the hum of the oven making for a pleasant white noise as he tried to retrace that fragment of his childhood. “I wasn’t even sure he was alive until I looked him up.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:50 pm 

This made sense to Draco, figuring that it would have likely been easier for him had he known Sirius as a child. His situation had been much the same when he went to find Sirius, and he had had even less to go on, unsure if his name was even the right one or if he would have changed it.
It had been such a relief to him when he had actually found Sirius.
“Neither was I,” Draco stated with a wry grin, finding that it was a million years ago that he had finally decided to go knock on the door.
“I wasn’t even sure if you still went by Black.”

It had of course been something the two of them had discussed, especially after the two of them had decided to share the rest of their life together. However, the two of them had agreed that Sirius should stay Black and Remus would stay Lupin, finding that their last names didn’t make them love each other less.
It wasn’t a thought that he elected to share though, finding that Sirius and Draco had a good conversation going and he didn’t want to intrude.
Instead, he reached out and placed a hand on Sirius’ thigh, muscle memory after so many years together of just constantly searching each other.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:13 pm 

The weight of Remus’ hand on his thigh, subtle and unremarked, still gave Sirius butterflies, making his head turn towards his husband, allowed by the bounds of Draco’s questions, supposing the suggestion was that Sirius might have taken Remus’ name.
“I had considered it,” Sirius agreed with a grin, finding that Draco had probable cause to suspect Sirius might have changed his name. He had certainly considered changing it - even before Lupin had become a viable option, Sirius had almost asked Euphemia and Fleamont to take Potter.
“But really, why would I?” he asked, equal parts to Remus as it was to Draco. Sirius did, however, straighten his posture to address Draco, a pleased little smile toying at the corner of his mouth.
“It’s my name now.”
With Regulus’ death, Sirius was the sole heir to that name despite the bloodline carrying on. Despite the grim nature of his statements, Sirius had found such a pleasure in that fact. “It’s mine to dishonour as I please.”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:15 pm 

The ease the two men had around each other made Draco’s heart ache, finding it so overwhelmingly beautiful that he could hardly stand it. It seemed almost forbidden to keep looking at them, but Draco also didn’t know where else to look.
“That makes sense,” Draco said with a soft smile, not sure that he could entirely relate to that, but he had also spent so much time doing what his parents wanted him to do, that it was hard for him to think in any other way. “I’m glad you didn’t.”

It really had been something that they had discussed a lot, going back and forth on whether either of them should change their names, but there had just never come anything of it. It just seemed right that they kept their names and left it at that.
“I guess it just always made better sense to the both of us.”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:13 pm 

Sirius once again tipped his head to look at Remus as he answered on their behalf.
“Yeah,” he agreed, his eyes flickering between different points of his husband’s face. He seemed to consider if life had been different had Sirius’ surname been different. Draco certainly wouldn’t be sat across from him.
The ding of the preheated oven took him out of his reverie.
“That’s me,” he thoughtlessly stated, straightening his posture, having otherwise relaxed into his seat.
His hands on the edge of the table ahead of him, preparing to rise, Sirius’ eyes found Draco with an increased sense of attention. “Would you like to stay for dinner, Draco?”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next