All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:28 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

The time had flashed by in a blink of an eyes, and at the same time Sirius felt like he had spent days in Moony’s company. They both had so much to tell and both of them seemed eager to just sit and listen. It was intoxicating to see someone who was just so blatantly interested in everything that he had to say and Sirius knew that he never wanted to let Moony leave.
It was only when one of Moony’s friends suddenly appeared by the bar that Sirius realised just how much they had been spending together. It also reminded him of Moony’s new name, Remus, and really made him realise just how well the name fit him. It made him grin.
“I never got to say,” Sirius started as soon as Remus’ friend was gone, “I really like your name. It suits you.”
He took another drink, yet keeping his eyes on Remus, almost as if he was afraid that he was going to disappear if he looked away from him for too long.
“Remus,” he said, almost as if he was just trying to get a feel for how it felt to say.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:50 pm 

In any other context, Sirius' comment would be a laughably bad line, a coy nothing just to keep conversation flowing. To Remus, however, it wasn't, and it made his heart swell as his eyes once again found Sirius.
They had grown up quite a bit since they had last seen each other, and Sirius had missed out on several life altering decisions, only seeing the fruits of Remus' labor. While it didn't mean anything, Remus beamed at the thought, liking being Remus to Sirius, just as much as he had liked being Moony.
Perhaps a bit more, he realized, as a thrill ran down his spine upon hearing Sirius speak his name, slow as if he was trying it on. It made Remus' smile go crooked, wondering if Sirius would repeat himself if he asked him to. It seemed like he liked his own name even more when Sirius said it.
"I couldn't keep going by Moony," he instead replied, willing a joke to his voice, careful not to get too caught up in the tought of Sirius saying his name.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:51 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

“Well, I still like Moony,” Sirius said, knowing that it was mostly because it was something that felt private to them, like it was just their thing. It felt almost surreal to share something as private as a nickname with someone who was a relative stranger, but Sirius also found that it was just right.
“Actually, there’s something that I am wondering,” Sirius started, unsure if this was the right time, but the question had been weighing on his mind for a while now, so he felt that he could just as well get around to actually ask what he wanted to ask.
“When I ran off, I wanted to say proper goodbye, but you never came back out to the hunting post,” he said, his tone not accusatory, as he completely understood what had went down between the two of them just before he ran away. “But I left you a note. Did you ever find that?”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:49 am 

The mention of Sirius' departure made Remus' stomach turn. Though there was nothing in Sirius' voice that made him sound like he blamed Remus for the way their friendship ended, Remus probably still did. Sirius' letter had always felt like a balm to that hurt.
"Yeah," he replied with a smile, his voice as gentle as the alcohol in his system permitted. It was an entirely different conversation to what they had yet held, finding they were inevitably dancing around subjects that, albeit deeply suppressed, still felt tender to the touch when brought to the surface.
Regardless, Sirius' note was still one thing eternally present in Remus' consciousness, his heart still full by the sentiment. "I did."
Remus had inattentively ducked his gaze, shifting in his seat; he stretched his legs another bit, and when he looked back up at Sirius, he was grinning.
"I went out there - I don't know, by August -" Remus offered, the details lost to him. It had been an awful summer, and Remus doubted he would ever share any specifics with Sirius. By the height of summer, the news of Sirius' disappearance had made it into town, mrs. Black speaking of her oldest son as if he was dead and buried without prompt; Remus had only returned to the hunting post to mourn the loss of his friend.
Mixed in between the intoxication, there was a look of pure bliss in Remus' eyes as he looked over Sirius. Remus had felt incredibly lucky not only that the letter had made it through a month in the woods, but that Sirius had even thought about writing one. Remus had never since felt such a sense of relief.
It made Remus' smile widen, heart overflowing almost to the point of laughing, knowing Sirius would probably never understand how important that letter had become to him. "It was like getting a letter from beyond the grave - it was perfect."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:13 pm 

His sudden departure had always been the thing that Sirius had regretted the most about running away. He had always wished that he would have had the time to warn Moony properly about running away, maybe even having been able to provide him with an address such that they would be able to stay in touch, but it had been to no use.
Sirius had known then that he had to run away and not leave his parents a way to get him back, and that had sadly meant having to leave abruptly. Thus, it greatly warmed his heart that Moony no only had found his note, but also that it had even been an appreciated gesture.
It brought a wide grin to Sirius’ lips as well, both due to the confirmation that Moony indeed had found his note, but also because he once again was stuck by how handsome he had become. It was nothing like the way that Sirius had ever thought he would be able to reconnect with Moony, but he was in no way complaining about how it worked out for him.
“Did my mother really tell people that I died?” He asked, having heard rumours about that, and fully able to believe it. He knew that the shame would probably have been far less if he had just died, compared to him running away from home at only 15.
“Or did it just feel like that?”

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:40 pm 

Remus parted his lips, hesitating despite the smile still ghosting over his features.
"I think the verdict's still out," he replied, thinking that to be the kindest way out of the question. Judging by the way a grin crept onto his features, Remus realized it was a sheepish excuse for a reply.
It wasn't like the public was given any concrete explanation; thinking back, Remus couldn’t distinguish what had been rumour and what had been a definitive truth. Quite possibly, he had never known, making Sirius' letter the only ounce of truth to the story.
Remus wasn’t even sure how he had interpreted the news, knowing he had been through all possible scenarios, one seemingly more heart breaking than another. He didn't feel like that was worth sharing to Sirius – the way Sirius was still smiling at him, tight there, made it awkward to admit Remus had for the first time kept up with current news fearing a body might turn up.
It made his smile go lopsided again.
"There was no funeral service," he added, jokingly as he figured Sirius knew that.
"I went to the hut intent on having one, but you well spoiled that plan by -" whatever Remus said was interrupted by reality. He seemed happy, reliving the memory, the emotional swell magnified tenfold by Sirius' actual presence, a few feet from him. "- by being alive, I guess."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:26 pm 

The more time Sirius spent in Remus’ company, the more he had to fight the urge to reach out and touch him. He really had no idea what level of touch was appropriate in their relation, but Sirius knew that he wanted to spend as much time as humanly possible together with him; not ready to let go of him again now that he had found him.
“Sorry to spoil your fun,” he said with a crooked grin, figuring that his letter was better than Remus having believed that he was actually dead. At least, it had seemed like that to Sirius when he was 15 and it seemed much the same way to him now.
Deep down, Sirius deeply felt that their conversation was far too intimate for the crowded bar, but also felt that both of them probably would have backed out if they had been a more private place. In a way, this was how they had to be doing it.
“I guess I just didn’t want to leave you empty handed.”

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:19 pm 

Sirius hadn’t left Remus empty handed; even though Remus had felt lost at sea without Sirius, Sirius had still given him a lifeline to cling onto. Even though the act of writing a letter had been small, Remus had clung onto the sentiment for dear life for years after that.
“Yeah,” Remus replied, barely coherent. His smile was bright on his lips, but he wasn’t paying much attention to the details of Sirius’ phrasings.
It finally sent him over the edge, too grateful and too taken by the man in front of him – and, still, too in love with the friend he once was – to be coy about it. It made his heart overflow, the sheer thrill of that decision illuminating his features.
“Can I show you something -“ he said, but it wasn’t a question, a laugh already on his lips.
Remus stood up, diminishing their distance considerably. His eyes were no longer on Sirius, his attention caught as he tugged at his shirt, pulling it up far enough to bare his left hip. Shifting, changing his angle, Remus was able to push the hem of his trousers down far enough to reveal a patch of tattooed skin. There, black fading against his skin, was the rough lettering of a 15 year old Sirius; Stay up to no good, once the last parting words Sirius had offered Remus.
When his eyes once again found Sirius, Remus was beaming, a laugh at his lips.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:11 am 

It took a moment before Sirius realised what he was looking at, at first too distracted by the strip of bare skin that Remus had revealed to him. Once he managed to read the faded words, the faded black on the dark brown skin having aged poorly, Sirius had a hard time knowing just how to react. He was able to make out his own handwriting, rough and rushed, yet it looked so perfect on Remus’ skin that Sirius could cry.
Without thinking, Sirius reached out to run his fingers over the tattoo, feeling a thrill once he made contact with the raised skin, telling him that it was very real. He found it hard to look up from the tattoo, knowing that he was too taken with Remus and what the tattoo meant to ever be able to let him go.
“Do you wanna get out of here?” He asked, finding that the words had left his mouth without him giving them a second thought. It was only once he was done talking that he looked up at Remus’ face again, grin wide on his lips and hand still on his hip.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:39 am 

Remus hadn't shown Sirius the tattoo expecting to gain anything from it. He had gotten it for himself, an in memoriam tattoo to a friend who, thought not dead, had disappeared from his life. All Remus has wanted was to ground any diffuse, spoken gratitude into a concrete decision he made almost 8 years ago.
When Sirius reached out for him, it made the muscles in his abdomen tense and relax, Sirius' touch too much and too intimate; Remus hadn't realized just how badly he had wanted Sirius to touch him, anywhere.
It was Sirius' question that made the ground disappear from beneath him, a thrill of vertigo running down his spine and settling, warm, in the pit of his stomach. It wiped the smile clean off his features, leaving him stunned and with his lips parted.
Remus found it near impossible distinguishing the intent of the invitation. Up until now their interaction was loaded with intimacy of a different kind, and having to adjust to the thought that maybe Sirius wasn't asking tor a quieter place to talk almost broke Remus' mind ind half.
Thoughtlessly, he let go of his shirt, sending a shiver across his skin. Sirius' hand, unwavering on his skin, now partially under his shirt, was distinctly different to the hug they had shared, making Remus' heart rate quicken.
"Yeah," he breathed, a laugh creeping into both his voice and his features. He had realized the intent didn't matter, as long as he could keep Sirius' company another while longer. "Sure."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:02 pm 

Sirius was feeling giddy with all the feelings that he hadn’t even realised that he had had for Moony. He probably hadn’t felt like this about his old friend at the time, but he knew that his feelings were intense now.
He didn’t want to leave Remus for even a moment, feeling scared that he was going to disappear again if he let him out of his sight for too long. However, he also knew that he had to go say goodbye to James and Lilly, at least inform them that he was going to be leaving.
Acting on a whim, hand still under Remus’ shirt and on his hip, he stretched up to place a quick kiss to his lips. It was barely more than a peck, just a way to establish the level of intimacy that he would like for them to have for the rest of the evening.
“I’ll go get my coat, be right back,” he said, finally removing his hand and sending Remus a boyish grin as he backed away, towards the table he had shared with James and Lily.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:28 pm 

It was hard to believe that kissing Sirius could be this easy. It hadn't always been; Remus knew from experience that a single misplaced kiss was enough to ruin a friendship that had lasted a lifetime. Even thought he knew their circumstances had changed, it was still impossibly hard to process, his mind too clouded for him to maintain a coherent thought.
For a painfully brief moment Sirius' hand was on his bare hip, and his lips had been on Remus', and it was much more than Remus had ever hoped it could be. All that occupied his mind was how to prolong that second so that it stretched across the remainder of his existence, finding that it loosened a knotted ache he hadn't realized he still carried with him.
When Sirius had stepped away Remus' lips parted to speak, but he had no reply than a crooked, sheepish smile. Adrenaline surged with a delay, a thrill of anticipation running down his spine once Sirius was well at a distance.

James and Lily had never really expected Sirius to return with another round of drinks and had, subsequently, been more humoured by the turn of events than peeved. While it had come to no surprise to see that the other lad had, in fact, jumped out of his seat to join Sirius at the bar, it had even surprised James to see how easily and immediately Sirius fell into his arms.
After that, the couple had spent the evening in each others company, happily, eyes only drifting to Sirius often enough to make sure he hadn't left.
By chance, James saw Sirius kiss his companion in what seemed to be a departure.
"You alright?" he asked once Sirius got within speaking distance, the crooked grin on his lip making the question appear rhetorical.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:19 pm 

Sirius knew that James’ was purely rhetorical before it even left his lips, able to read his best friend like an open book, and knowing that he was equally as easy for James to read. Not that he was hiding anything he was feeling right in that moment.
Sirius felt like he was about to explode, visibly vibrating just from what had just happened and what he knew was about to happen. It was difficult or him to be away from Remus, but he also knew that James would be terribly hurt if he didn’t tell him that he was leaving.
“It’s Moony,” Sirius stated with a broad grin, so broad that it almost hurt him from smiling. He was happier than he could remember being in a very long time, and he wanted to share it with James, while also feeling desperate to get back to Remus as fast as possible.
“James, it’s Moony,” he repeated, talking loud to are sure that James could hear him and understand what was going on. “I’m leaving with him. I’m gonna go, because he’s Moony.”

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:56 pm 

It took for the second reiteration for James to even comprehend the words that Sirius was saying to him, and a third for James to fill in the blanks between them.
When the pieces finally clicked, James' jaw all but hit the floor.
"**** off," James blurted without thinking, immediately craning in his seat to get a better look at the lad at the bar. After hearing of Moony for years on end, it was frankly incredible to find themselves in the same room by chance; to James, Sirius' excitement was wholly warranted. "Is it really?"
"Sirius, that's brilliant," Lily encouraged, beaming.
Once the patrons shifted far enough to clear a line of sight through the bar, James met the eye of the lad who had kept Sirius company; for a split second, their smiles were matched, juvenile and excited. James felt like laughing, willing to ruin Sirius' night in order to meet him.
"Enjoy!" James called into the void, to either Sirius or Moony or both of them.

Remus felt like he was bursting at the seams, wanting to laugh but feeling other and bigger emotions fill his chest, leaving his smile bright and giddy as his eyes followed Sirius back from the table.
Perhaps it had only been audible to him, knowing to listen for it, but Sirius saying Moony felt like it had rung across the room, making Remus' heart do somersaults at the knowledge that Sirius' friends knew him, and by that name.
His skin felt electric as he, too, pulled on his coat, still adjusting his cuffs once Sirius came within speaking distance.
"Yeah?" he questioned, vaguely, a grin wide on his lips.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:14 pm 

The walk from the table back to Remus was both excruciatingly long and was barely any distance at all. Sirius felt like he was on top of the world, wanting to spend every second in Remus’ company, now that he had the chance to do so.
“Let’s get out of here,” he said with a warm smile, grabbing Remus’ hand and starting to drag him out through the bar. He was excited to get to be completely alone together with Remus and see where this evening would actually take them. It felt so new and thrilling and Sirius wanted to get as much time as possible together with Remus.
“Wanna be alone with you,” he added, even if he felt that it was probably obvious.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:35 pm 

It was all too much, and too quickly; it was a decade of suppressed impulses all spilling over at once, and Remus didn't allow himself to linger at the implications, readily following Sirius out of the bar.
There was something exhilarating about Sirius' explicit interest, spoken with both words and with touchs, and Remus could hardly keep up with it. Sirius' excitement seemed so at par with his own, making Remus' head spin, knowing that - while his own attraction to Sirius had grown over the course of both his childhood, adolescence and adult life - Sirius hadn't known him in a way he found attractive until recently. It made Remus' skin flush hot, giddy at the prospect of Sirius, and of being desired by him so intently so easily.
Remus felt certain he would have stumbled over thin air had Sirius' hand not been in his, pulling him onwards.
As soon as the space allowed for it, Remus diminished the distance between them by a pace, letting go of Sirius' hand, only to instead reach out for the small of his back. The touch was futile, barely catching the fabric of Sirius' shirt, but with the clear purpose of urging Sirius forward rather than inviting him into an embrace.
"I always like that best," he said, once the distance permitted it, amounting to a considerable delay. It made his grin go boyish as he glanced over at Sirius, inexplicably thrilled at the feeling of nostalgia between a whirlwind of new impressions. His palm settled flat against Sirius' spine, and yet there was no suggestiveness to his voice, the laugh in Remus' voice making him sound younger than his age. "Having you to myself."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:54 pm 

It took everything in Sirius to not just turn around and kiss Remus, completely unable to stop thinking about how it would be to touch him, now that he knew that it was in the cards for them. He knew that it was sudden and that it probably was too much, too soon, yet Sirius felt that their relationship always had been leading up to this and that, in a way, they deserved to let loose.
Remus’ comments made Sirius chuckle, something that was close to a giggle, finding that every single thing about their interaction was thrilling. They deserved to not think about consequences, because, for once, it felt like that there would be none.
Sirius couldn’t remember ever wanting anyone as much as he wanted Remus right in that moment, unsure if the feeling would last, but feeling certain that this was the beginning of something.
“You always seemed to like that yeah,” he said with a crooked grin, having never been blind to how much Moony had enjoyed them hanging out together; just the two of them.
“My place is sorta close by,” he stated, wanting to make it absolutely clear to Remus exactly what was in the cards for them. He wanted to get to bring Remus home and he wanted to make sure that it would just be the two of them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:50 pm 

It was hard to distinguish whether or not it had been the cool evening air or Sirius' suggestion that made the hairs on Remus' neck stand. For a split second, Remus considered if the quickest option wasn't also the best option. After all, Sirius was well aware of the implications of his invitation, making it far more tempting to give in.
Remus shifted in order to stand in front of Sirius, his hand lazily dragging the line from Sirius' spine to his waist, no intention on withdrawing it. Inattentively, as if Sirius' words ment Remus would be able to distinguish Sirius' flat from the rest, his eyes darted to the buildings surrounding them, his gaze lost to an nondescript point above Sirius' shoulder.
"Mine's - not," he admitted with a crooked smile, the pause occurring as he considered whether or not he should embellish the distance. The bar was close to work and to Kingsley's, making part of it's appeal how stopping for a pint there cut Remus' commute in half when heading home Friday afternoons.
Regardless, it made him smile, a twitch appearing and reappearing at the corner of his mouth, humoured as he carefully considered his words. To be candid, he hadn't planned on going home with anybody tonight, some of that thrill still shining through the ridicule of the more practical details visibly going through his mind.
After a moment's pause, the smile finally gained foothold, Remus' eyes returning onto Sirius with a glint in his eye. When he spoke, his voice was barely short of a laugh, for once explicitly loaded with specific expectations for the evening.
"Wanna go there anyway?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:13 pm 

For a long moment, Sirius had been far too caught up in how Remus’ hand seemed to linger on him, seemingly unwilling to let him go, to even properly register what Remus was asking him. It took him a moment, but once he eventually managed to piece everything together and realise what Remus was actually asking him, a shiver went down his spine.
Right in that moment, he realised that he would follow Remus anywhere, just as long as he kept touching him like that and smiling at him like that. It was a dangerous realisation but it was also one that Sirius was completely at ease with. Even if their circumstances had been way different back in the day, Sirius still felt the same level of kinship that he always had with Remus, and he knew that he could trust him.
“Yes,” he said in a soft voice, a grin spreading on his lips as he did. He desperately wanted to be able to kiss Remus, the way he knew that both of them wanted to, but he also knew that they probably better wait. The street too crowded for something like that.
“Wanna get a cab?”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:46 pm 

Remus' smile widened, constantly surprised by how easy everything had become with age. The last year of their friendship, Remus had practically disassociated from their physical interactions, too in his head with how he was or how he would want to be perceived by Sirius. It had only served to build the tension between them, and eventually it pushed them to a point they hadn't been able to recover from.
Remus felt incredibly lucky, knowing Sirius fundamentally knew everything about him. It sent Remus back, far into their childhood, when Sirius had first taken to calling him Moony, far before either of them would realize the comfort and ease that would bring Remus. He felt indebted to Sirius, still; he wanted to give him the world.
For now, however, Remus had to compromise. Instead, he leaned in to press a kiss to height of Sirius' cheek.
"Come along, then," Remus chuckled as he straightened his posture. His hand finally abandoned Sirius' waist in favour for his hand, maintaining touch by drawing the line from Sirius' elbow to his hand, as Remus himself already stepped backwards with a grrn. "I'll make it worth the cab fare."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next