All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:03 pm 

Where do we go from here?

Blog: View Blog (1)

~Pre-War~

It was dark and silent that night, except for intermittent coughing from my brother, Birami. The hariyo jvaro had run through the village lately, so the Sikari were a coughing mess. I slowly crawled from my bed of grass, stalking towards the cave entrance. It was new moon that night and the village was black for those not gifted with Talrysia's night vision. I stretched the muscles in my fore paws, blearily waking from the night's rest. My senses steadily accustomed themselves to the waking world while I observed the deathly still village.

Noting an absence in my brother's coughing routine, I softly padded across the stone cold floor and nuzzled my brother's shoulder gently and mewed. He lay against the floor, as cold and stiff as the ground. I meowed again, pushing my head against his back in disbelief. He had to wake up. "Birami, brother, wake up.... Birami...." Frightened, I stepped back from my brother and dashed towards the chief's tent, paws soundlessly pushing off from the ground to gain speed.

In a flurry of paws and fur, I hurdled into my father's cave, breathing hard and jittery. "Birami won't wak-"

I paused mid-sentence, suddenly registering the pool of blood on the ground. "Father Sikari?.... Dad...?" I murmured, looking around in confusion. My father lay in a broken heap of bones and fur, in the center of a puddle of dark red. My mother sat beside him, calmly licking the sticky red blood from her claws and maw. My eyes widened in a mix of astonished horror. Before I could fully process the terrible image before me, an unfamiliar tiger approached me, his eyes glowing dark orange in the night. His left eye must have been torn out in battle I figured, staring at the new figure.

This was almost surreal, like some cruelly realistic night terror a kitten might dream up. The tiger approached me, muscles bunching up under his fur while I cowered. In a swift move, he brought his fore paw up and slammed it into the left side of my head.

--Morning--

I woke to the smell of blood and death. Hariyo jvaro wasn't enough to cause the pain and mrta all around us. I lay in the back of a cave, weak sunlight streaming through the cave entrance and gradually thawing my frozen, stiff carcass.I felt the agonizingly lethargic trickle of blood down my forehead, irritating my fur and making me want to tear at the wound with sharp claws until it stopped itching. The headache tearing through my skull was maddening; I lay still.

The sunlight steadily streamed into the cave, warming me and helping to dull the raging ache in my head. I slowly filled my eyes around the room, instantly wishing I hadn't. The cave was filled with ten to fifteen prisoners, all teens and all members of Sikari. Some of us looked worse off than others. I noticed the absence of coughing and looked to one of the others. "Nayla, what happened? Where are we? Is... Is Birami h-here?"

Nayla gazed back at me with frightened yellow eyes; she blinked. "I'm sorry. Birami's gone... Kaiya, they killed so many. My parents. Your dad and b-brother... They-" she tried to explain in a single hasty breath, her gaze shifting around distrustfully. Then, a loud roar from the front of the cave silenced her. A tiger strode into the cave and I noticed ten or so guards step away from the entrance to grant the large cat his entrance; we were prisoners.

The tiger approached me; I shuddered, pierced with familiarity; this was the same cat that had intruded into my father's cave. I let out an enraged hiss, baring my teeth against the larger cat. He smugly grinned, placing a paw on my side and pushing me into the ground. His claws dug into my fur. I refused to flinch; he wouldn't be given the satisfaction.

The tiger addressed us.

"Henceforth until the end of time, you and your fellows shall be banished from Atma Kabile all its domains. You will be stripped of your clan name, Sikari, and all of the privileges that accompany it. Your exile into the Nightmare Lands is fitting. Never before have I seen such treacherous and cowardly acts. May Sudrysa herself turn from you in shame!"

A whisper ran through our tiny assembly and Nayla began weeping. I lay, stunned more by the tiger's judgement than by his heavy paw pressing into my side. A larger snow leopard got to his feet, beginning to protest our suddenly chosen fate; the tiger leaped from me to him in a swift motion. He tore into the young snow leopard's throat then straightened. Blood dripped from his maw; he strode away from our fallen comrade. "I am Hara'eko Amkha. I grant you the mercy of exile, rather than death. Go now before you lose what scraps of your life and honor remain."

We fled into the Nightmare Lands, the sharp claws of our former clan stinging our backs like a thousand whips.

Click Here to access the Plot Thread.

Last edited by FawnChaser on Thu May 05, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:03 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

~Pre-War~

It was another peaceful day in the Luctum village. Standard foot traffic for merchants and the comings and going of Ursains. It was almost the anniversary of the Great Ursain Treaty signing, which signified the end of that war. Normally the tribes kept to themselves; only sending an envoy, to ask permission for something; or warriors to be trained. I wandered through the village enjoying the hustle and bustle of the extra visitors. This celebration also served as a way to test the warriors, or really all who wished, in a tournament between the tribes. I don't particularly care for fighting unnecessary battles; there is little point to them, but my father insisted that I compete since I had somehow gained the reputation of having the most endurance for a beating. The few times I have fought has always been in the defense of someone who couldn't defend themselves very well. My arguments fell on deaf ears though and I was set to compete in a week. There was a silver lining to this situation though; we were going to invite the Atma Kabile. There was to be a meeting with the Atma Kabile soon and the leaders decided through messages to invite the Atma Kabile to participate in the celebration and tournament. Silently, I hoped they would accept the invitation. Their Moon Goddess and language intrigued me greatly and I couldn't wait to ask and learn more about them. I believe the humans have a saying "Curiosity killed the Cat." I wonder if that applies to Panda's and Ursain's as well.

~Few Days Later~

I yawn at the early afternoon light. Thanks to my recent night explorations I have taken to sleeping in later. Rolling to all fours I rise so I may begin the day. Today is the meeting with the Atma Kabile. After grabbing a piece of the bamboo I brought back with me from last night I begin my trek to the cave where the meeting is scheduled to take place. Along the way I spot some cubs talking with some cats I believe to be from the Amkha Clan. As I head over to the visitors something happened that I couldn't believe.

Noise erupted all around as screams tore through the village. The two Amkha members each grabbed a cub with the mouths and ripped them pieces. Witnessing this made my blood run cold and I began running as fast as I could to finish closing the distance. Putting myself between the cats and the cubs I took the brunt of their next attack. There was too much at risk so I didn't allow myself to fall despite their strength which could rival the Umbra's. I swung a paw to dissuade one attack while trying to bite the paw of the other who over reached his latest attack. Yanking back with my weight I pulled the paw out of the Amkha in time to take another attack meant for the cubs. Determined not to lose another cub I fought with a purpose I never would have thought I could do.

Not much longer into the battle signal of some sort went off, the two Amkha turned their heads to it before taking off as fast as they could with new injuries and exhaustion. I looked over the cubs who were terrified and possibly in shock of seeing there friends killed. I couldn't stay awake any longer and passed out.

Two hours I awoke by the healers cave outside the village, there were many others in similar or worse condition. However, better injured than dead; which there was a fair pile for that category as well. One of the visiting Silva's ran to inform all who were able that the leaders were calling a gathering of all able bodies. Despite the healers wishes I force myself up and left to the center of the village. There I saw only three of the clan heads standing: the Silva, the Luctum, and the Votum; the Umbra seemed to be missing.

Wu Gang Luctum addressed the crowd, " Ursains! Our once allies the Atma Kabile have attacked us without provocation! We have suffered much loss of life including the former leader of the Umbra clan. So the first order of business is I wish to introduce you to the new leader, Nox Umbra!" All of the attending Ursains pounded the ground in their form of applause. Wu Gang continued "We are now at war! Our tribes will be once again combining forces, like our ancestors before the Great Ursain War. But to raise an army we need warriors! Who among you will answer the call to arms?" Initially no one responded, soaking in what they were being told. Many were probably doing the same as me and looking back on this invasion. All at once many different Ursains step forward and let out a roar. "We will test each of you and determine squads. Mourn for the fallen and be ready tomorrow!"

How about The Great Tribes? Just started a feedback here.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:44 pm 

~Three Days Later~

We've split up by now, each of us dashing to different areas of the Nightmare Lands or out of the known territories all together. Prey is scarce and what little I can find must be scarfed down. There are patrols everywhere, both of Atma Kabile and Ursus. Nowhere is truly safe. There is no clan for me anymore; exile is cold, lonely, harsh, and unprotected. I can't stop and whine like this; it won't help me find new territory or find prey and water. I stiffened, sniffing the ground. The Ursus territories were closer than I'd thought. Hearing a soft trickle nearby, I slowly raised my head and pricked my ears. It was a sweet sound like no other on Earth; the soft gurgle of a stream. I let out a delighted growl, rushing through the underbrush.

Forgetting any sense of stealth, I charged through the brush, swatting away the lower branches and underbrush. I was breathing hard, heaving in great breaths of air as I leaped and bounded through the woods. I haven't had water or food for so long.... Imagining a stream surrounded by hundreds of lazy deer, I came dashing into a sudden clearing. Sure enough. There was my prize. I slowly stalked closer, licking my lips with a dry tongue. This would be such a relief; water, clean water, flowing down my throat in just a few seconds.

I slowly bent my head, my tongue flashing with speed and lapping up a long drink of water. I slowly dove in, splashing a bit to wash the mud and dirt from my fur. It was better than medicine or food. Cool water dripped down my fur, gently smoothing it down and then nearly plastering it to my skin as I got soaking wet. After thirty minutes of this joyous splashing, I crawled out and licked my fur dry and clean. This was the first good day since my exile. Letting out a contented meow, I wandered from the stream's edge, then spotted a deer.

Oh, this was too perfect, I thought, crouching down wind and out of sight. The deer was sleepily wandering to the banks of the river, completely unaware of the danger it was in. I flicked my tail slightly, gaining balance and bunching my muscles to spring. Slowly creeping forward, I pressed closer to the ground. Closer. Closer. There! Like the hunters of old, I gracefully leaped from the tall grass and towards my prey, claws extended. A second later, I slammed into the animal's neck, tearing at it with natural predatory ferocity. Lunch time.

After a hearty meal, I sat near my recent kill and licked my claws and maw clean of blood. My eyes flickered, noting the sun was getting low. At least, the trees were very high here; I'd have a place to spend the night. Turning to the rest of my meal, I gripped onto the carcass with my teeth and began dragging it with me towards the nearest tree. We slowly made our way up the tree, the dead deer and I. After a while, I settled onto the top branch of the tree and began another meal. It was so good to finally begin eating. Blinking in the dark, I suddenly froze. A full squad of bears was headed my way. I gulped, then dug further into the tree, shaking. This was the worst way for this day to end.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:37 am 

~ During the course of 3 days

~Day 1~
We all spent the previous night grieving for the fallen, now we prepare to prevent it from happening again. At sunrise I roll out of bed, walking to the center of the village. Along the way I meet up with a few other volunteers. Once everyone arrives Wu Gang spoke to them. "We cannot leave other villages vulnerable in the wake of this attack. So the other clan heads have returned to establish militias. You will have your strength, endurance, wits, will, and other limits pushed to the utmost. May Tsukiyomi give you his blessing." After the speech everyone went to a station; it didn't matter which station you went to first, you eventually had to visit them all. Most went to the sparring circle, wanting to display their prowess before being exhausted from the other trials. I did the opposite, I wanted to do all the other trials first; to prove I was capable even when tethering on the brink of exhaustion. Didn't need to wait long at many of the trials, since only a few chose the same method as I. A few hours later I finally reach the sparring circle; covered in bruises and muscles aching. Nix, having stayed at his brother Nox's request, stepped forward to be my opponent. We were both exhausted from doing all the other challenges first. Despite this our battle still went on for forty-five minutes, neither of us willing to yield. In the end I outlasted his onslaught. Once finished we were dismissed for the day since we completed the challenges presented. When the compiled results from all the bears was taken, they would be able to accurately determine squads and functions.

~Day 2~
When I wake up, I'm sore from all of the work yesterday, but it would be worth it if we can prevent anymore needless slaughter. Today we learn who is serving in a squad with one another, and what their role will be in the war. Afterwards we will meet spend the rest of the day together learning about one another. With a sigh I set to the center of the village, grabbing the piece of parchment with the information we would meet. Mine also had two extra things on it; Squad leader, and the role we would fill. We were to be Heavy Scouts or Vanguard should the situation call for it. Even being given an extra squad member. Heading to the sparring circle to meet my team, I spotted the Silva, Votum, another Luctum, and two Umbra; one who was Nix. "We certainly are a varied squad, hopefully that will mean balance. I am Orsin, squad leader, we will be a Heavy Scout or Vanguard unit. Our first 'mission' will be tomorrow, so lets get to know each other and then go rest up."

~Day 3~
Most combat is projected to take place in what is known as the Nightmare Lands. As we set foot into them, all of us went on edge. Beginning to get thirsty we moved towards the sound and scent of running water. On our way we began to smell a cat to be nearby. Switching our previous relaxed three three formation for a two two two. Forward and back covered with a Luctum and Umbra for tanking and spanking. Allowing the Silva and Votum to easily flow to which other side needed the attention. As it became darker, I began to look around more, noticing a tall tree; something seemed off about it and the cat scent was getting stronger the closer we got. When we reached the base of the tree and the start of the stream I gave my instructions. "Take turns hydrating, then check downstream for any hostiles. No more than half a click. I'm going to see if anything can be seen from the top of this tree." They all nodded accepting the orders, and I began my climb up the tree. When I reached the top I found what was off, there was a dead animal, some sort of prey, and a cat. "Greetings, I'm Orsin. Judging by the scent, you are the mystery cat. Don't panic; our mission doesn't involve hurting you just scouting these lands. Not the most friendly, eh?" I took a piece from the dead deer, leaving the rest. "I need to show them some kind of evidence that I came up here so they don't question it. Be safe." Climbing back down the tree my squad reformed and I showed them the deer piece. "So a cat was here, but probably noticed us first and took off. I think this was a success, let us head home." Returning to our triple two formation, we made our way out of the Nightmare Lands. Taking a quick glance back in the direction of the tree, I hoped the cat would be okay.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:11 pm 

It was dark now, a cold wind rustling through the leaves of the trees I lay perched in. I'd finished a good deal of the deer I had caught, famished after my three day run through the Nightmare Lands. I wrapped my tail closer around my form, eyes glowing softly as I peered down at the squad of bears approaching the tiny patch of forest I had chosen to hide in. I considered climbing down and greeting them; our clans were still friends, at least to my knowledge, and I desperately needed safe passage through Ursus territories if I hoped to survive as an exile. Perhaps this meeting would be beneficial, despite the shame I felt at even speaking as an exile.

The second I saw the bears enter near the stream I changed my mind. They were traveling in twos, an easily recognizable Ursus war formation. They began looking around, a panda directing the squad then heading for my tree. Were they exiles in search of food as well? The Nightmare Lands didn't belong to any tribe in particular; the prey here was scarce and the land was bare. In fact, even exiles would share rather than fight over these lands. Not to mention, Ursus rarely exiled more than one bear every hundred years or so, much like Atma Kabile's own hesitance towards a punishment as harsh as exile. Suddenly, the panda began to climb my tree. I flattened against the branch and shivered, gripping the dead deer to balance it on the branch.

A few precious minutes passed while the panda stealthily made his way up the tree; I gripped the branch with shaky paws and dug my claws deep into the bark. Sap seeped from the wood and coated the pads of my paws as I clung desperately to the branch. The bear's head poked up through the thick foliage and I stifled a tiny giggle at how comical he looked. He told me not to worry and I blinked, caught off guard; Atma Kabile and Ursus weren't at war the last I'd heard. We'd been allies and friends for hundreds of years. Unless things had drastically changed in the last three days, there was no real reason to worry. We were both in neutral territory.

I lay frozen on the branch as he introduced himself and took a piece of my deer. I didn't growl or hiss, too surprised. What did he need to prove to his squad and why were they even bothering to map out the Nightmare Lands anyways? I blinked, watching him bid me a quick farewell then disappear beneath the leaves. My fur quivered and I blinked again. I stretched on the branch, arching my back and snowy fur ruffling as I balanced the deer on the tree branch. Then I carefully began to climb down the tree, with blood stained claws. I paused by the stream, washing the blood from my maw, claws, and fur; the water was terribly cold. Still, I didn't want to seem barbaric, all adorned in the blood of a recent kill and all.

Finished dousing myself in the freezing waters, I bounded out and shook vigourously; water went spraying in every direction and my fur hung from my form in a matted, soaking mess. I didn't have time to lick it down unless I wanted to try and find the bears while they were in their own territory. After seeing them scouting the Nightmare Lands and traveling in war formation, I didn't want to risk being found in their territory. Sighing, I dashed after them, likely looking more bedraggled than the humans' ragdolls. Catching up, I slowed down slightly and let out a small greeting between ragged breaths. "Excuse me, Orsin, is it?" I asked, settling on the grass and flicking my tail gently. I assumed a regal position in the grass, hair matted and dripping water; stiffly looking at the bears while I sat, I softly brushed my tail across the grass, still freezing from my hasty wash. "Are you a squad sent from Ursus?" I added, teeth chattering slightly as I watched them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:08 pm 

I followed behind my squad, directing them back to the way we came in. Glancing around at the desolate land, I couldn't help but wonder who would choose to live in such place. Thinking back to the cat in the tree had peaked my curiosity. She had seemed completely oblivious to the current happenings between the tribes. Stealing a few glances back in the direction of the tree I couldn't help but think to myself; 'I hope she stays safe'. Refocusing on his squad he sent a small pray to Tsukiyomi to watch over her.

At the back of the formation I turned and looked at the cat. Panic ran through my eyes as I saw her sitting there. I couldn't remain sleuth for long though; Nix let loose a primal roar before charging from what was previously the front of the formation. Throwing my shoulder into Nix as he tried to charge by me, upsetting his balance, causing him to fall to the ground. "Stand down, I gave no orders to engage! She approached us in a non hostile manner". Nix began to recover and rise back to all fours, glaring at me. Accusation clear in his voice, "Why does she know your name Orsin?" The rest of the squad stood ready to act, but also confused of the situation as well. Deciding the truth would be the best response, I told it. "She was up in the tree, she looked terrified so I left her after grabbing a piece of her deer as you saw". Only Nix seemed dissatisfied with the answer; and Nix gave voice to his dissatisfaction, "Why does she still breathe Orsin? Are we not at war with her kind? Did you not become a warrior to avenge our fallen?" moving a bit, I put myself between the squad and cat before answering. "As of right now she is innocent. She could have attacked me in the tree, I wouldn't have been able to defend myself sufficiently, but she didn't. I did not become a warrior to avenge the fallen; I became a warrior to protect the innocent! I will stay true to my beliefs, even if I have to fight you Nix". I could see the rest of the squad looking between Nix and I, as if debating on who to follow. Nix began to shake his head and growl more aggressively, he was ready and itching for a fight. Aggression turned to confusion as the rest of the squad came and stood by me, facing Nix. Nix struck out at a small tree and snapped it in half. I shook my head and looked at the cat. "Yes, we are Ursain and as I'm sure you have now gathered, at war with your people. You are welcome to travel with us should your intentions be pure. I am unsure how you would be treated in our village; either you will be free or a prisoner. I will guarantee your safety though". Ordering his squad into a one, three, two formation; making sure Nix was placed at the front. "If you wish to accept, you are welcomed to follow us, I would suggest staying by me should you choose to follow". Bowing my head to the cat as a gesture of sincerity, before ordering the resumed march back home.

During the travel back to the village, my squad didn't have any other surprises. Dismissing them I turned to check to see how the cat was, or if she even followed at all.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:51 pm 

My tail flicked casually at the bear squad. Orsin had turned, a look of panic spreading across his face as he saw me there. Had I done something wrong? My mind raced to remember everything I'd been taught the last few years in diplomacy with my father. My thoughts were cut short quickly. A primal roar echoed through the air and my fur stood on end. I leaped back and hissed as a large moon bear came barreling towards me, a murderous look in his eyes as he picked up speed. I trembled, then breathed a sigh of relief as he tumbled over onto his side. My gaze flickered to Orsin. What was going on here?

The squad went through several minutes of confusion. The large grizzly was angrily accusing of Orsin of something. "...at war with her kind," he was saying, shooting infuriated glances at me. Meanwhile, the remainder of his squad looked torn between the two sides. Orsin explained about finding me and the squad began to settle. Only the moon bear seemed dissatisfied with the group's decision. I blinked as Orsin turned to me, clarifying the two questions most pressing in my mind. We were at war or, rather, Ursus and Atma Kabile were at war. I slowly bowed my head and grieved a moment, wondering if this new tragedy was also Hara'eko's doing. If he had really attacked the Ursus right after driving out the Sikari, then Hara'eko was a fool. Ursus would have five clans to his four; he'd be sore pressed to come out at a stand still, let alone a victory.

I blinked at his offer to come back with the scouts. I needed the passage through Ursus at any rate and this was as close as I was likely going to get. I quietly watched the squad form up, then followed Orsin, still lost in thought. The path we took remained unmarked in my mind's eye. I was too busy contemplating the fate of the Sikari. My father slaughtered by his own wife and a lieutenant. Our tribe nothing more than a memory. Sahi, ragata atma. A bloody ghost. Whatever was left of Atma Kabile couldn't truly be considered my home anymore. They were my people though and it would be disloyal to leave them alone.

We were coming to a stop. I settled outside of the Ursus camp, glad that my fur had settled and dried over the journey here. I nervously licked my front paw, tears glistening in the back of my eyes. Even if it couldn't bring hope back to my people, I needed to give my people a chance. I needed to aid the Sikari, for my father's sake. I needed to give them a place free from the tryanny of Hara'eko Amkha. My form quivered with a sudden fury, ears twitching with rage and anguish. I summoned up the smug maw of my people's enemy, my father's killer. Orsin turned to face me. I stared into the ground, digging my claws into the earth as I let my mind stray into the beauty of revenge. I would be the one to tear his skin to shreds and paint the ground red with blood. The blood of this traitor to the Sikari, to my family, to my father. I cut my thought off, ashamed.

The Sikari were always a peaceful clan. We rarely fought the other tribes of Atma Kabile. My father would be disappointed in me. Our people needed a leader, not a child thirsting for revenge. The Sikari needed freedom and a new life, not another tyrant. My shoulders hung slightly and I blinked up at the panda, eyes glistening with tears. Hopefully, Hara'eko's actions hadn't been as grievous here; if I was to be chief of Sikari now, then I needed to behave as such. I could start by repairing relations with the Ursus. I softly bowed to Orsin. a sign of respect in our culture. "Thank you for escorting me here. I pray it wasn't too much trouble. Is there a chance I might speak with you?" I asked, quiet and respectful.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:41 pm 

Seeing Kaiya when I turned, I approached her and tilted my head at the formalities she chose to use. I knew bowing was a sign of respect, but I didn't understand why she was doing it towards me. I mulled her question about talking in my head before replying to her, "Well, the Ursain Alliance leader will most likely summon you since word of your arrival has no doubt gotten to him or is on the way." Making a gesture with my head I indicate the village. "How about I give you a tour while we wait for the messenger..." I stopped when I realized I didn't actually know her name, a mistake on mannerisms in both our regards. "What is your name?" As she introduced herself I got closer and pushed my head against hers in first greeting as Ursain did. "Nice to meet you Kaiya." Turning I began walking into the village with Kaiya at my side, some places still bearing the scar of the attack. Something she apparently had no knowledge of.

The first place of the tour for Kaiya was the shrine we had for Tsukiyomi. "This is the proper place we come to pray to our deity; Tsukiyomi. the Lunar God. I believe your culture has a similar deity? I would greatly enjoy learning more about them when we have time." As we walked out the other end of the shrine, grave markers immediately would catch the eyes. Many could be distinguished as fresh markers. I bow to pay respect to the fallen and continue giving Kaiya a general lay down of our village. After all, she would either be staying with us or possibly killed so the information wouldn't matter. We continue inwards to the center of the village, passing the arena, Ursains glaring disdainfully at Kaiya. The daycare I tried to defend started to come into view; so I lower my head in shame and remembrance. When we arrived at two small charms that were displayed by the play area I bowed again. "Two cubs I failed to save during the invasion. Has I been as fast as a Silva perhaps they would still be alive. Injured perhaps, but alive." In my sorrow I failed to notice a couple of cubs approaching. One began trying to climb atop Kaiya's back while the other butted her rear and attacked her tail. "Go away meanie! You made Ikari and Sha leave." The cubs didn't grasp that their friends had died, their minds convincing them that it was just a nightmare; with the lost cubs leaving due to the Atma Kabile bullying the Ursain. Simply shaking my head at the antics, I quickly picked the one going for her tail and nudged the other. "She didn't do it. Others did. Remember young ones, everyone deserves to be judged only for the actions they commit themselves." The cubs gave a small no before returning to their playing, such innocence. That is what I, Orsin Luctum, would protect until my dying breath; not hunt in the hopes of revenge.

A Silva messenger arrived bearing the summons for both Kaiya and myself before we could continue the tour. "Wu Gang Luctum requests an audience with both of you. In respective turns, Orsin must deliver his mission report; and the Sikari for judgement." Giving the SIlva a nod of acknowledgement I begin to lead Kaiya to the cave we need to visit. "Guess we will talk after this Kaiya, well, if we are both alive still that is." Taking a deep breath I head in to deliver my report, once finished they direct me to an area out of sight before muzzling me unexpectedly. Kaiya is brought in by an Umbra and they waste no time in trying to rile her up, a test of patience if you will. "Orsin informs us you were a tactician that played a key role in the attack that brought us such suffering." I shook my head and tried shouting out that it wasn't true. "Why should we do anything for you Sikari? Why should we let you stay? Why should we let you go? Do we look like fools to let go one who will cause nothing but pain for my people?" The Ursain were a strong tribe, and very careful on who they allied with. Never trust one who cannot still their own mind. "I never expected Khairo Sikari to commit a betrayal such as this." I didn't get to hear anymore of what happened as I was taken from the cave through another opening. Waiting outside I finally saw Kaiya. they must have given her their decision. "So... how did it go?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:17 pm 

I slowly lowered my head in acknowledgement to Orsin's statement. Yes, it would be foolish to expect anything less than a meeting with the Ursain leaders, particularly since my tribe, former tribe, had apparently declared war in the last three days. I almost wanted to say no to the tour; I didn't want anyone thinking I was some sort of military strategist planning more attack against the Ursain for the war. Cool breath drifted through my fur as Sudrysa breathed into the gentle village and sent the breeze through the leaves on each tree. I bowed my head, then turned to Orsin. "It would honor me if you showed me your village." I needed to see what injuries my tribe had inflicted if I ever wished to make amends. He began to introduce himself and I lowered my head. "I am Kaiya."

The tour was a simple, yet powerful testament to the last few days. As we passed the shrine for Tsukiyomi, the smell of freshly turned earth became strong. Graves. Freshly made graves. I barely had time to let this sink in; we moved from home to home, weaving through the shops, landmarks, and other bits of town. Throngs of glaring Ursain stared at me as they passed. As my paws fell on the earth gently, the terrible weight of guilt built within me. This was my tribe's doing.

We stopped in front of a daycare and I began to tremble. My claws ground into the dirt as they moved forward. Birami would have loved to play at such a nice area. Tears trickled down my cheek as I saw the two charms hanging from the fence of the daycare playground. My fur seemed to clump up and air felt like a distant memory. My heart felt like a lump of lead in my throat. When the cubs pawed and pushed at my soft fur, I could not feel anything. Their words fell on stone ears. A tear trickled down my cheeks and I struggled to stand. Orsin pulled them off of me and softly talked to them; I stared into the ground, slowly drying tears of guilt and anguish.

As the scout came to take me to the Ursain leaders, I bent my head in farewell to Orsin. The taunts of the Ursain weren't new; my father had taught me to keep a cool head around the Ursus at all times. I let each insult roll off my fur like water, giving calm responses to each question. I was an exiled member of the clan of Atma Kabile and Princess of the Sikari Tribe. I told them of Hara'eko's treachery. I spoke as the rightful ruler of Atma Kabile and humbly asked to join Ursus until I could reunite with my tribe and reclaim Atma Kabile. It was an honor that they accepted. As Orsin approached me once we were let out of council, I tipped my head low in respect. "I am one of you until my tribe can be reclaimed," I replied.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:57 pm 

I had been gradually losing more of my patience as I waited for Kaiya or news of her from a messenger. When she came over to me I asked the burning question that had plagued my mind, "What was their decision?" When she gave her response, I smiled, glad Wu Gang had allowed her to join them temporarily. "Am glad to call you a comrade, Kaiya. May I be bold enough to offer you my home to rest? I fear dissenters may try to pass their own vigilante justice unto you." After Kaiya agreed, I turned and began to walk. "It is unfortunate but there is a section of Ursain who will always go to the extreme for their beliefs, much like the one who plagues your mind."

While en route to home, word about the former Sikari Princess being given asylum in exchange for military service was already getting around. Some find her story brave, some heart touching, and few believe it to be a ruse for another attack. Cubs approach her again and stand on their hind legs. "We will teach you to bear and be ferocious. Rawr!" although, it sounded more squeaky than threatening. Shaking my head, I was once more reminded of the reason to fight. The purity and acceptance of the future, is there a better reason? Once Kaiya and I reached my home, I showed her to a collection of leaves she may rest on if interested. I went and curled near the entrance of my den, protecting her from intruders.

A Luctum messenger came in the morning to inform the both of us that we were needed at the testing grounds, Kaiya was to run through the Gauntlet to receive her orders. Off to the side, I watched as Kaiya went through the physical and mental trials until only sparring remained. The reason they requested my presence was to be her opponent, they wanted to check my loyalty and test her at the same time. "Kaiya and Orsin to the center of the circle." Giving but a frown, I did as was requested of me and stood in the circle. The circle had been modified with a low wall for mobility practice. When we first adopted our forms, we had both chosen a defensive stance. We gave respectful bows and then the match began. I charged at Kaiya and she leaped away, pushing against me. Momentum increased I had no choice but to kick and climb the wall slightly before sliding down again. It had proven to be the correct choice as Kaiya leaped towards my back. Adjusting, I quickly stood and threw her back to reposition. Any doubt i had was gone, there would be no way the judges would be able to avoid being impressed by her; concise movements,patience and adaptable. As they continued their bout, Orsin wish din his heart that she could be a member of his squad. That was when Orsin heard it, a low barely audible pressure, that anyone who didn't have adrenaline pumping would miss. Kaiya was moving, intent on ending the match before she could become more tired. Moving to meet her strike, our paws hovered above vitals. "Draw! The match is a draw!" Giving on last bow I left the area. I would wait for a little bit, in case she wanted to be shown to the springs to relax in. Shame went through my mind though, as I felt I had dishonored Kaiya by holding back. I didn't wish to take advantage of her exhaustion; and during the original training, opponents were matched based on exhaustion. When Kaiya came into view I smiled at her with my panda grin. "Whichever squad you are with will be lucky. How about I show you to the springs to recover and relax?"