All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:39 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Natsu opened his eyes and looked down at his daughter still asleep on top of him. He smiled softly recalling the time she and him were in the same position years ago. Lucy hovered over him holding a picture taken earlier and the dragon slayer couldn't help but grin. Said grin grew even wider when Lucy mentioned breakfast. Yes, breakfast on the couch whilst the biggest breakthrough with patching things up with his daughter was still happening sounded really nice, and fantastically cool. "Don't hurry." He said quietly, still half asleep.

For the first time in a long time for Natsu, he felt a father's pride for his daughter.

----

A yawn occurred in the room of Fenrir. Morning greeted his eyes as he shielded the sunlight with his left hand. He had the habit of taking off his prosthetic when he slept at night because he felt a relative discomfort when he tried sleeping with it on. He sat up and stretched his back then grabbed the silver arm from its bedside table. One grunt and mechanical click later and the arm was attached. He looked at himself in the mirror, and stared at the guild crest, which was blue and over his heart.

He then dressed himself in a white shirt along with Black Jeans before pulling the cyan scarf from his armor around his neck. He decided to take the day off just to lounge in the guild hall and figure out if there were any houses for sale, or apartments. He then left the Fullbuster residence to head to the Guild.

As he strolled he wondered what awaited him this day.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:14 am 

I am sorry if I haven't replied to your PMs but I can't view them at the moment. If you need to contact me, please use the chat room to do so. :)

Medals: 1
Gif Hunt Participant! (1)

Lucy smiled as she brought Natsu's breakfast to him so that they didn't have to move Draco. Lucy said, "Levy and Gajeel will be over soon since they agreed to have breakfast with us. I'm sure everyone else in the Guild will want to see the breakthrough too." Happy said, "Natsu's probably going to show off the picture to the whole guild, anyways." Draco began to stirr as Natsu ate his breakfast. Draco looked up at Natsu as he ate his breakfast. Draco was relieved he didn't find the fact that she had been sleeping on the couch with him awkward. Draco didn't feel like getting up just yet since Natsu was very warm and she didn't really need to get up just yet until Natsu needed her to. Draco heard a knock at the door and heard her mother open the door to welcome in Levy and Gajeel. Lucy said, "You'll never believe what I woke up to see this morning, Levy." Levy asked, "Did Natsu steal a pair of Gray's favorite underwear again to rip to pieces as revenge for something silly?" Lucy said, "No, I promise you it's something much less violent and sooo much more adorable." Lucy led Levy into the living room and Levy said, "You're right. That is completely adorable. You guys must be so happy that she's doing this." Lucy nodded and said, "It's a major breakthrough." It was obvious Draco was awake during the whole thing and she waved to her Godmother and Godfather in greeting before going back to just holding onto Natsu's clothes like when she was little. Draco didn't really care that they were making a big deal out of the breakthrough because she knew it kind of was a big deal.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:24 pm 

Gajeel at seeing the scene smirked. "Well Salamander, never thought cuddle like that when she was older. Hey Squirt." He said with a chuckle and grin. "So Natsu, your birthday is coming up. Got any plans?"

"Other then enjoy this breakfast and then go fishing later this afternoon for tomorrow, my birthday is pretty much good." Gajeel nodded and looked towards Levy and winked slyly, the Iron Dragon Slayer was up to something. Which could mean Wendy was in on it too. "So Draco, how was working with Juvia's kid? Its not often Fenrir asks someone for help."

"If Draco wasn't on me Gajeel I'd tell you to mind your own business." Natsu said as he rubbed the top of his daughter's head. "Secondly, I don't trust the Ice Princess's Son as far as I can throw him."

"Is it because he doesn't have all his limbs?" Gajeel asked, one studded eyebrow raised, "Or because he's a guy?"

---

When Fenrir arrived he leaned in onto a chair and sighed, slightly satsified. He'd enjoy breakfast then go out on the town to search for a place of his own. He put his feet up onto the table thinking of places he knew were available when a mug hit him in the head.

"Hey! Who threw that?!" Fenrir yelled as he glared in the direction and rolled up his sleeves and charged in the direction of the offender and began roughhousing with the guildmates present, knowing it shall not end well once Erza enacts discipline. Fenrir half wished Gray was present, just so he wouldn't suffer alone.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:10 pm 

I am sorry if I haven't replied to your PMs but I can't view them at the moment. If you need to contact me, please use the chat room to do so. :)

Draco listened to Natsu and Gajeel's conversation about Natsu's plans for today and tomorrow. Gajeel then asked her how working with Fenrir was and Natsu told him that if Draco wasn't on top of him he would tell him to mind his own buisiness and that he didn't trust Fenrir as far as he could throw him. Draco listened as Gajeel asked if it was because Fenrir didn't have all his limbs that Natsu didn't trust him or if it was because he was a guy, Draco actually said aloud for everyone to hear, "It's probably because he's a boy that Daddy doesn't trust him. Working with him was fine, he kept trying to get me to talk to him though."

Lucy and Levy froze in their conversation when they heard Draco speak, she had spoken before but her answers never consisted of more than one or two words. Her voice sounded very hoarse like it would sound for someone who was sick but it wasn't because she was sick, it was because she barely used it. Draco would never say words like "mommy" or "daddy" because her sentances were never long enough to use those word anyways.

Happy said, "Woah! I didn't think she knew how to speak more than two words anymore!" Lucy said, "Our darling baby girl is talking again! It's like a dream come true!" Levy said, "The last time you guys were this excited about her talking was when she was still learning how to talk. I can understand your excitement though, I'm excited too to be honest!" Draco looked up at Natsu and lifted up her mask just enough to give him a kiss on the cheek and said, "Happy early birthday Daddy. That was an early birthday present." Draco then put her mask back down. Draco didn't want to ruin her father's mood for his birthday since he would probably be very angry and hurt to see how badly scarred her face was and that one of her beautiful brown eyes had been stolen and replaced with a toxic green eye. Draco felt it would be better to show it a few weeks or days after his birthday since it wouldn't ruin the happy occasion. Draco then heard her stomach growl as her father was still eating since she hadn't eaten yet. But Draco didn't want to get up yet since Natsu's body was so warm and the wooden floor was bound to be cold, plus she wanted to stay in her Daddy's arms for a bit longer. Lucy noticed Draco's situation and brought Draco's breakfast to her. Lucy said, "Here you go sweetheart." Draco said, "Thank you Mommy." Before taking her food from Lucy and eating it. Lucy was so happy that their little girl was starting to open up to them in such large steps.

When breakfast was over and Natsu, Lucy, Gajeel, Levy, Happy, and Draco were headed to the guild, it seemed like they were all happier than ever this morning. When they got to the guild Lucy said, "You guys aren't going to believe what happened this morning!" Biska and Alzak were sitting at a table with their daughter and Biska guessed, "Natsu stole a pair of Gray's favorite underpants and destroyed them to get revenge for yesterday?" Lucy shook her head and said, "Draco slept on the couch with Natsu last night!" Everyone in the guild stopped what they were doing when Lucy said that. One of the newer guild members said, "What? No way, I find it hard to believe she would do that!" Levy then backed up Lucy and said, "No it's true. She was still laying on top of Natsu when we got there even though she had already woken up. They even have a photograph to prove it." Happy also chimed in saying, "She also said a sentence consisting of more than two words! And then spoke a bit more after that." Alzak said, "I kind of find that hard to believe but if it is true then that means she's trying to open up to you guys more." Everyone gave them a round of applause to show their excitement for the breakthrough with Draco. They knew it had been years since something like this had happened with the family. It wouldn't be surprising if Erza decided food and drink would be free today just to celebrate the breakthrough.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:35 am 

Natsu was about to answer that question when Draco suddenly spoke up. Natsu looked visibly surprised but couldn't help but smile as he realized it. Natsu gave his daughter the largest hug he could muster. "Thank you, Draco." The Dragneel Patriarch said. Gajeel said nothing, as he was visibly shocked at her speaking.

---

By the time they arrived at the guild after breakfast and the announcement was made, the Brawl ceased, and Fenrir, who was putting one of the members in a headlock looked up. "Say what?" He said in surprise as all of a sudden an armored hand pushed him aside...a bit roughly.

"That's Awesome!" Asuka shouted, happy for Natsu and Lucy.

"What's this I hear? Young Draco has started to speak?" Came the voice of Erza Scarlet, the Master of Fairy Tail. She looked at the Masked Daughter of one of her oldest friends. After a moment she smiled. "I believe a celebration is in order, to commemorate this momentous occasion! Food and Drinks shall be on the house today!"

"Alright! Im all fired up now!" Natsu said as Gray, who was nearby rolled his eyes.

"Well I'll admit, I guess you finally learned patience Flame Breath!" Gray stated.

"Oh really?" Natsu said as he prepared to fight his icy rival, failing to realize that Erza was still near until she gripped his shoulder.

"Natsu, please do not sully this celebration with petty squabbles. You and Gray are not as young as you used to be." Erza said, with a stern voice. "Honestly. You two act like my Twins."

"Just be happy they're still on a mission." Fenrir muttered as he got up and dusted his pants and adjusted his scarf. Indeed he was glad Erza's twin Children, who's father is never mentioned but heavy speculated to be the leader of the Independent Guild Crime Sorcerie, was still on a mission. Whilst these two children, one boy and one girl, inherited some of Erza's need for discipline, when fighting each other they hold no punches in the guild. They feared nothing, save for when someone ruins their mother's strawberry cake.

"Juvia is happy for Lucy and Natsu!" The Water Mage shouted, hugging Gray close to keep him from moving to fight Natsu in which Fenrir gave a thumbs up to the scene.

"Congrats on the Progress Natsu." Fenrir said with a smile and nodded to Draco silently congratulating her as well. "Well, I'm heading out."

"Out where Fenrir?" Gajeel asked, as Fenrir gave his salute wave as he walked.

"House hunting of course. I'm going to see what seven thousand jewels gets me." The Wolf said with a toothy grin.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:57 am 

Draco was still surprised by how much attention the news that she had started speaking was getting. She hadn't realized how happy everyone would be when she finally did start speaking again but now she did know. When Natsu finally sat down after being told not to ruin the celebration with petty squabbles, Draco sat down next to him. Lucy was showing Erza and the other guild members the picture she had taken this morning of Draco and Natsu sleeping together on the couch. Everyone seemed to find it cute in one way or another. Draco buried her masked face in her hands as if she was getting embarrassed by the attention the photo was getting. Draco looked at Natsu to see he was taking advantage of the free food and drinks deal that was going on as a way to celebrate. Draco was finding it hard to wait until tomorrow to give Natsu his birthday present. Draco felt that Natsu would think the present he was getting from her this year would be the best present Draco had ever given him. It was obvious Draco was impatient about something but it wasn't clear what.

It was after lunch when Natsu and Happy left to go fishing. Draco then got the idea of going with them, it had been a long time since she went anywhere with Natsu and Happy of her own free will, usually they would have to ask her if she wanted to go somewhere with them. Natsu was walking out the door of the guild when Draco hesitantly grabbed onto the back of his vest the way girls did when they would grab onto the sleeve of their crush or their favorite male family member. When Natsu looked to see who had grabbed onto him Draco asked in a slightly quiet voice, "C-Can I go fishing with you too, Daddy?" Draco hoped Natsu would say yes, even if she didn't know how to fish. It had also been a very long time since Natsu got to teach her anything like most fathers got to do with their children. Draco wanted to spend time with her Daddy like she used to so long ago.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:05 am 

As Natsu prepared to head out with Happy to fish, he felt a tug on his vest and looked behind him to see his daughter and listened to her request. Natsu smiled softly and patted her head affectionately. "Of course you can. Daddy can show you how to fish so that you, me and Happy can compete over who gets the biggest one!" With that, he lead her towards his usual fishing spot.

"The one with the biggest this trip gets the right to cook it!" Happy shouted to join in the fray.

----

So Fenrir searched, and searched, and searched some more. But even with haggling, The Wolf of Fairy Tail could not get any piece of property on sale. Maybe if he didn't mention he was probably going to use a room for mainly storage instead of the intended uses. He started back for the guild a disappointed man. As he headed back towards the guild He pondered what went wrong before sighing. Better luck tomorrow maybe? No he had tone searching for another quest for tomorrow. He felt a cool breeze brush past him.

"Autumn is coming on, and soon the Festival will once again be in full swing. The Fantasia Parade once more will grace us with her splendor." He muttered trying to sound poetic before heading towards the training area of the guild, requipping a wooden sword.

----

"Alright Draco, the key is waiting for the opportunity for the fish to take the bait before pulling, but he will definitely try to fight so be prepared for it." Natsu instructed as he showed Draco how to hold the pole and demonstrated the long wait for the fish to take the bait. He hoped she would pick it up pretty quick. If she did, then this day before his birthday would be even better then the next day.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:41 am 

Draco nodded happily when Natsu said she could go with them and that he could show her how to fish so that the three of them could compete over who caught the biggest one. Draco was glad that she would get to spend time with her Daddy today.

Draco was listening to Natsu's instructions on fishing. She was happy that he was spending timw with her too. Draco nodded in understanding and proceeded to cast the line and wait for something to bite the hook. It had been about ten minutes when she got a bite, she started to reel it in carefully to try and not let it get away but to also not break the line. Draco successfully caught a Rainbow Trout, they were used to make many great dishes. Draco showed her Daddy her catch, she was proud of herself for catching it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:45 pm 

Natsu was concentrating on his own fish when Draco caught a decently good sized rainbow trout. He turned to look at it and looked visibly surprised. "Whoa! That'll look good on the dinner table tonight! You picked this up qui-iiiiick!" Natsu shouted as something grabbed his line and he was trying to fight it.

"Hang in there Natsu!" Happy shouted, grabbing on and tried to help him.

"This looks like it's a fighter! Well I'll teach it a lesson when it surfaces!" Natsu shouted, reeling with all his might.

----

"Fenrir, may I speak with you please?" Erza stated in her guildmaster tone. Fenrir turned and set the wooden sword on his shoulder.

"What does the great Titania wish of me?" Fenrir asked. "Did I overdo something on one of my jobs?"

"I have a list of certain things the council would want you to answer for, but that is not the point. Tomorrow is Natsu's birthday. I know it's a bit much to ask but, I want you to help make sure your Father is on his best behavior."

"Why not just let them brawl?" Fenrir asked.

"Because I'm not in the mood to dealing with the damages to the hall. Glynda and William are not even back yet to reconstruct the potential damages." The Master explained.

"Oh those darn twins. Always not around when you need them." Fenrir said sarcastically. He despised the very mention of Will Scarlet. He and the male twin were rivals in the ways of the sword. Of they crossed paths again, then It would be like Natsu and Gray all over again.

"Regardless, make sure Gray behaves himself." Erza stated as she walks away, leaving Fenrir to think about what she said. Little did he know that Gajeel was observing him.

"Right, he didn't find any houses, perfect! Looks like the other surprise Juvia wanted me to make is back in effect." The Iron Dragon Slayer said to himself, "But first to get Wendy and make Natsu's birthday surprise." With that, the metal eater left Fenrir as he resumed training. He had a lot of work to do.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:19 pm 

Draco was happy when Natsu praised her. Draco noticed that while he was fighting with the fish the line was about to snap, she then qickly used her Crystal Dragon Slayer magic to coat the part of the line that was about to snap with very strong crystal to hold it together until Natsu finished reeling the fish in. Draco waited for Natsu to reel in the fish before saying, "It's huge Daddy! That looks like it will be yummy to eat."Draco then casted her line again. Draco was having fun fishing with Natsu and Happy, it had been a long time since she had had this much fun. Draco was slowly changing back into the sweet, talkative, happy little girl she used to be so very long ago. Draco had always liked her Daddy best not only because he would say yes to most of the things she asked if she could do or have but also because he was really fun to be around and he was a lot less strict than Mommy and they would often get in trouble with Mommy together. Draco was the kind of daughter that really lived up to the saying "Daddy's Little Girl."

The sun started to set sooner than she thought it would, it had been a long time since she had experienced fun that made time fly by. Draco asked, "It's time to go home already? We just got here." Draco didn't realize they had been fishing together for about 7 hours. Draco began to carry the bucket that she had placed all the fish she caught in back to the house. They each had a bucket with fish in it to carry back and they would wait until the got home to declare who caught the biggest fish since Lucy would be the judge so that they wouldn't fight about who had caught the biggest fish.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:36 pm 

Natsu smirked as he picked up his bucket, impressed with the catch all three made and the fact Draco spent time with him doing one of his favorite things. "Well that's what happens when you have fun. Time flies Draco." He said with a smile. "Let's start heading back and showing your mother the grub!"

"Aye!" Happy shouted as the exceed lead the way back home bucket in hand. "Hey Natsu, how old are you gonna be tomorrow?"

"Huh, that's a very interesting question, but why ask?" Natsu asked.

"Oh nothing, just wondered if you'll be as old as dirt." Happy said starting to giggle.

"I'm not like Gramps Yet!" Natsu shouted as he opened the door to his house. "Lucy, we're home!" he walked to the kitchen and set his bucket on the counter whilst Happy did the same.

------

Fenrir headed back home, silently pondering how was he going to find a good profitable house when he saw Gajeel doing some framework for a new building using his Iron Dragon magic, next to the Fullbuster residence.

"Uncle Gajeel?" He asked. "What are you doing?"

"Killing two birds in one stone. Making sure Juvia and Gray are happy and that you have your freedom in your own little den." Stated the aging Slayer. "One condition. By the time you move in here, you're paying me rent for a few years. This was some of my food supply."

Fenrir chuckled at the joke. "It's a deal you son of a-"

"Say something along the lines of Broodmother or the other "b" word, I'll pop your lights out." Gajeel interrupted.

---

Erza was watching most of the members leave either on jobs or heading home, silently wishing them all a safe journey. As she did this she wondered how many times she did this already, and how many times Makarov had done this in his tenure as master. How he viewed them all as his children, and wondered if she was old as he, despite having children of their own, would she do the same?

As she prepared to retire for the night her communication Lacrima blinked. Wondering who had the gall to call her at night she answered it only to see a young man with short red hair around Fenrir's age panting and looking very battered.

"Will? What's going on why are you-?"

"Mom I don't have time for a lecture, I need you to send backup, anybody! Glynda and I were ambushed by a dark guild on our way to the Akane station!" Cracked the voice on the other end. "They hurt Glynda real bad! We're at a hospital now but please don't make a big deal of-"

"Stay there. I will get someone on it tomorrow. Guard your sister with your life!" Erza shouted as she rubbed her temples as she ended the call. Trouble, and right before and possibly Natsu's birthday too! What will the world think of next? Fenrir going to help him. Erza's train of thought stopped there.

"Hmm, he could..." She pondered. She'd have to pull him aside during the celebration tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:25 am 

Draco looked at Natsu confused when he said that time flies when you have fun. Draco said, "It does? I guess I was too focused on catching fish to realize there were flying clocks around us." Draco had never heard the expression before so she took the term literally. Draco listened as Happy asked how old Natsu would be tomorrow and Natsu wanted to know what prompted Happy to ask him such a thing. Draco giggled when Happy said that he just wanted to know if he would be old as dirt. Natsu then proceeded to declare that he wasn't like Gramps yet, Draco knew he was referring to Master Markarov whenever he said "Gramps." Draco said, "No, you're not like him because you're already old as dirt and he's not quite there yet!" Draco was being a little mean with her joke and she laughed as she set down the bucket of fish next to Natsu's.

Lucy laughed as she heard their conversation about Natsu's age. Lucy said, "I'd love to know what started this conversation." Draco said, "Happy asked Daddy how old he would be tomorrow and Daddy wanted to know why he was asking him that. Happy said he just wanted to know if Daddy'll be old as dirt and Daddy said that he wasn't like Gramps yet." Lucy nodded in understanding and said, "I get it but how old do you think Daddy's going to be turning tomorrow, Sweetheart?" Draco said, "He's going to be 692,063 years old tomorrow! Mommy, why did you marry Daddy? He's waaaaay too old for you!" Lucy burst out laughing at what Draco was saying about Natsu's age and that he was too old for her. Lucy was still laughing when she said, "Pffffft! Ha ha ha! I know your Daddy's older than me but if I didn't marry your Daddy, you and your big brother wouldn't be here. You should be nicer to Daddy, he's getting old." Lucy was now teasing Natsu with the last statement. Draco said, "But I am being nice! I cut off about 120,017 years off of his real age! What more do you want?!" Lucy had been catching her breath from her laughter before Draco replied, after her reply Lucy burst out laughing even more than before.

Draco then said, "But there is something I've been meaning to ask you Mommy." Lucy was trying to catch her breath again as she said, "Wh-What is it you want to ask me, Sweetie?" Draco then opened her mouth and asked her mother the question that all parents dread hearing, "Mommy, where do babies come from?" Lucy stopped laughing when Draco asked her that question and said, "Uh-um, didn't you already learn this?" Draco shook her head and said, "Nobody ever told me before because I still didn't talk so I never asked." Lucy then turned to leave the room and said, "Let the person with the closest birthday tell you." Now Lucy was being mean to Natsu since she never really punished him for yesterday, she just lectured him, so this was going to be his punishment. Draco didn't realize how uncomfortable that question was for adults that already knew the answer. Here she was, 16 years old, and she still didn't know where she had come from. Draco sat on the couch waiting for Natsu to tell her where babies came from, what she didn't know was that the Dark Guild that had kidnapped her and stolen her eye was coming back out in the open and had hurt Erza's children in their attempts to learn where Draco was.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:55 am 

Natsu's mouth dropped at the teasing from both sides of the loves of his life. His daughter and the woman he loved more then anything. "Come on! Have a heart for me! I'm still young! Also don't go saying all that to Gajeel or Wendy either." Natsu shouted trying desperately to hold his own and wish for something else. What he didn't wish for was for Draco to pop such a question. Then finally realized he never gave her the talk!

"Lucy can you he-" he gawked at the retreating figure of his blonde shapely wife. "Traitor! My own wife!!" Natsu thought with anger and mirth. But he then realized he couldn't stall it any longer as Draco was waiting expectedly.

"W-well Draco, it's a very... Complicated answer. One that will take awhile to explain."

----

Needless to say, it put an awkward rest of the evening for sure. But the next morning Natsu Dragneel awoke feeling a year older, regardless of how many years old he was basically. It was his birthday! That meant celebration, food, presents, family, and more food! He walked out into the kitchen hoping to see what Lucy and Draco were up to, all the while humming birthday songs he could think of in his head.

---

Fenrir meanwhile was stretching in his room, thinking about how he was going to try and restrain Gray. He had yet to put on his prosthetic when Juvia knocked on the door and opened it.

"Ah! Juvia is sorry! Fenrir doesn't have his arm or a shirt on yet!" Juvia shouted in alarm.

"It's okay it's okay! I am comfortable about having you and Gray see me like this. You know that." Fenrir said, trying to calm her.

"But it also reminds Juvia how Fen-chan looked on the bed... How depressed you were!" She wailed out and almost melted.

"Ahh! Mom please!" He said to her. "Anyway, what is it?"

"Erza-san wishes to speak to you. Don't worry about your father. Juvia will deal with him." Hearing this news Fenrir sighed.

"Alright, better get fully dressed and ready to go." Fenrir stated as he took his arm to put it in place. Pretty soon after that, he was on his way to the Guild hall ahead of his adoptive parents.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:45 am 

Draco sat on the couch eagerly awaiting the answer to her question. Unbeknownst to her, the answer would destroy the last shred of innocence she had left.

Draco's eyes were wide with horror and her face was white as a sheet underneath her mask after hearing the answer to her question from her father. Draco then proceeded to fall facefirst onto the wooden floor and her soul escaped her body as she died inside. Happy had been covering his ears while Natsu gave Draco the "Talk" since he had heard it all before and had no desire to hear it again. Happy said, "I think you killed her Natsu." Draco stayed like that for a while as Happy poked her with a stick to see if she was still alive. Draco then suddenly and silently stood up then turned to leave the room. Happy said, "Oh, she's still alive! That's good! Hey Draco, where are you going?" Draco was silent for a moment making them think she was going to revert back to her "Silent State" before replying, "I am going to go clean my ears with bleach. Hopefully it will reach my brain and erase what I just heard." Draco then walked stiffly, and almost mechanically, out of the living room and down the hall. Happy followed her to make sure she wasn't being serious about the bleach since it would kill her if she used it the way she said she was going to.

The next morning Draco was helping her mother cook. Lucy was making breakfast since Draco wanted to make the birthday cake. Draco had made cake before and she was quite good at it but she had never made cake for a special event like a birthday. Draco wanted to make her Daddy's birthday cake this year. Happy was helping Draco by bringing the ingredients she needed when she requested them. Draco had just finished mixing the batter for the first layer of the birthday cake(she was planning on making it big enough for everyone in the guild to have at least two pieces) when Natsu walked into the kitchen to see what they were doing. Lucy gave Natsu a kiss and said, "Morning Honey. Happy Birthday." Draco looked at Natsu and said, "Happy Birthday Daddy!" Happy said, "Happy Birthday Natsu!" Draco looked at Lucy and said, "Can I give it to him now Mommy? Can I, can I, can I?" It was obvious Draco was talking about her Daddy's present with how excited she was. Lucy laughed and said, "My goodness! Can't even wait for your Daddy to get his breakfast on the plate, can you?" Draco shook her head and said, "Nope!" Lucy sighed and laughed before she said, "Alright, go get you father's present." Draco literally ran out of the room like a bullet and went to get her father's present from it's hiding place.

Draco came back a little slower than when she left but she was still moving pretty fast and handed her father his birthday present. She said, "Happy Birthday Daddy! That was why I got back so late from the job I took with Fenrir. I hope you like it." Draco kissed Natsu on the cheek and waited for her father to unwrap the present, Happy and Lucy were watching too to see what she got him. When the wrapping paper was off it revealed a small wooden box that was obviously handpainted by Draco herself due to the art style, there was a smooth glass stone on the lid of the box with a photograph of Natsu, Lucy, thier two children, and Happy together underneath the stone to prevent the picture from getting ruined by time. When Natsu opened the box it had a little wooden dragon with a small version of Lucy and Happy along with two eggs to symbolize Draco and her older brother that had been carved by Draco herself, it was on a little mechanizim that made the carving spin the way a ballerina dancer would in a music box, it also played a very familiar tune as the figure spun. The song it played was a lullaby that Natsu used to sing for Draco all the time when she was little. Whether it was when he was trying to get her to go to sleep, giving her a bath, or comforting her when she was scared he would sing that lullaby that was made just for her. Lucy felt tears starting to form in her eyes and Happy felt them forming in his eyes too because it was such a sweet present for her to give Natsu, it was as if she was letting him know that his sweet and happy little girl was still there even if she had changed so much on the outside. Draco hoped Natsu would like the present she didn't know what she would do if he didn't like it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:19 pm 

Natsu smiled brightly as he watched Draco make a cake before charging off to get a present for him. When she returned with the gift he smiled brightly. "I was wondering why, it must be a special gift!" He stated as he unwrapped it, only to pause as he observed the workmanship of the box. Underneath a glass stone was a picture of Himself and Lucy with Draco and his older son Kurai. Kurai was out on a mission at the moment but knew to expect a call on the communication Lacrima later in the day.

He opened the box slowly and listened to the lullaby. His heart stopped for a moment as he knew the tune well, and that he usually sang it for Draco when she was younger. Natsu set the music box, almost in a reverent sense, onto the table before pulling his daughter into a big embrace. He got the message loud and clear. "Thank you Draco. I love it, and I love you, my little hatchling." He said, putting his forehead on hers, smiling softly as he did so, fighting the tears that formed..

For a brief moment, he felt like he was once more in Igneel's shoes, or in the least, his position. And Natsu knew that he was making him more prouder each day. "Let's have breakfast then prepare for the party at the guild huh?"

----

Fenrir walked into the Office of Erza Scarlet, not sure what was going on.

"Have a seat Fenrir." Erza said, "Before I speak I want to give you a word of warning to not say this to anyone in the party. In fact, I'm sending you to Akane immediately,"

"If it is about several weeks ago when I fought with Will may I remind you he started it." Fenrir replied with a hint of annoyance.

"Will and Glynda were ambushed last night by a Dark Guild. Glynda is hurt, in the hospital. I need you to go out there and get them back here in case they strike back." Erza stated with a firm tone that stressed both her duty as a master and a mother. Fenrir's mouth was partially agape.

"What about Kurai? Glynda is his girl isn't she or um, that's the implication I feel when they argue?" Fenrir asked. He was actually covering his own personal feelings about two of his closest friends, or one Rival and one close friends.

"Kurai is currently on a mission, we are unsure of when he'll return but I know he will wish his Father a well wished birthday." Erza stated. "If there is nothing else, you're free to make preparations to go to the train station. And don't forget to wear your armor."

Fenrir looked at her knowing full well what that meant. "If they think about trying again, I'll make them regret it."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:51 pm 

Draco was happy to know that her father loved the gift that she had given him. Draco hugged Natsu back and noticed that he was fighting back tears, Draco was also holding back tears since she knew that the present she had made for him with all her heart and soul was greatly appriciated and had touched Natsu deeply. Draco nodded in agreement with Natsu when he said they should have breakfast and then prepare for the party at the guild. Draco said, "Okay Daddy. Let's eat!" Draco sat down at the table next to Natsu to eat her breakfast. Draco was so happy it was almost like it was her birthday instead of Natsu's, even though it wasn't. Draco soon finished eating and went back to baking the cake. When Draco was done cooking all the layers of the cake it was close to noon. Draco decided that she would assemble the cake at the guild so that there was less of a chance of it getting destroyed on the way there. Draco said, "I'll head to the guild to finish the cake so that it doesn't get dropped on the way there. See you there Daddy." Draco then proceeded to walk out the door with the cake pieces and the other things she would need to decorate the cake.

It was 1:30 when Draco finished decorating the cake and it was amazing. The cake was covered in drawings of Natsu fighting enemies made out of icing, there were also some drawings of moments in the guild that had actually happened, it was amazing how much detail was put into the cake and written on the top was "Happy Birthday Natsu" with the letters made to look like fire. It was truely a magnificent cake. Everyone who had come into the guild while the cake was still being decorated were now gawking at the beautiful cake made just for Natsu. Levy said, "Wow, it's beautiful Draco! Your Daddy might have a heart attack with how beautiful the cake you made for him is!" Draco turned around and said, "Should I change the design? I don't want my cake to kill Daddy!" Mirajane laughed and said, "It's an expression sweetheart. Levy just means that your Daddy is going to be really impressed with the cake. You are really talented, you're a great artist, a great fighter, you write such great stories, and you make such beautiful cakes along with all your other talents." Draco said, "Oh... I don't know if I'd say all that, I'm just average, there are pleanty of people out there who are much more skilled than I am." Draco had always been very humble, she honestly believed everything she was saying about herself, there was always someone who was better. Everyone who was in the guild had been surprised to hear Draco speaking openly again like she used to in the past but they were happy too since that meant she was almost back to normal after 8 years of being silent and distancing herself from the rest of the guild. Draco saw Gajeel walking over to get a closer look at the cake. Draco said, "Uncle Gajeel, is it too much? Did I go overboard?" Even though Gajeel was her godfather she still called him "Uncle Gajeel." Draco needed to know what Gajeel thought about the cake since he was a fellow Dragon Slayer and a guy on top of that so he would be able to give Draco better feedback on her work for her Daddy. Plus Gajeel and Natsu did have similar ways of thinking, even if they were very different people.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:01 am 

Gajeel inspected the cake and nodded with approval. "Kiddo, he's gonna like it no matter what, but a cake this size will tempt Your dad into eating it all by himself." He said with a smirk. "But hopefully Wendy's surprise distracts him so that we all have a piece."

"Ah, what a splendid cake." Erza stated as she walked towards the group. "And enough for all it seems."

"Unless Natsu eats it all or ruins it." Gray said only to get clocked by a scabbard. Gray looked at the perpetrator only to see a departing Fenrir. "Hey you dumb cub! Why'd you do that?!"

"Shut up you cold buzzard! And put on some clothes!" Fenrir stated as he headed for the doors. Gray glared as he prepared some of his ice magic.

"Get back here you disrespecting brat!" The ice Mage shouted with a glare. "You're going to ditch the party!"

"I gotta go. That punk Will and his Red Hot sister want me to meet them at Akane." He looked at Gray with a serious look to tell him there was more to it but to not tell anyone and ruin the party for his rival. Gray, knowing that look only nodded.

"Well we're not saving any cake for you then! More for Natsu!" Gray shouted.

"And speaking of Salamander here he comes!" Gajeel said as he watched Lucy and Natsu with Happy walk past Fenrir and vice versa.

"Have a happy birthday Natsu, Afternoon Lucy." Fenrir said as he passed.

"Hey! The party's that way! You're gonna...leave? Hm, I wonder what's his problem?" Natsu asked Lucy as he entered the Guild Hall.

"Happy Birthday Salamander!" Gajeel shouted. Natsu looked at the Cake in complete awe, his own daughter made this?! Fenrir was gonna miss out for no reason!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:54 am 

Draco sighed in relief as Gajeel told her that Natsu would like it no matter what but the size of the cake might tempt him to eat it all by himself. Draco said, "That's good. At least it doesn't look bad..." Draco was about to ask what Wendy's surprise was when Master Erza walked in and complimented the cake's size and appearance. Draco knew that if Erza was complimenting her cake then she did a good job.

Draco was thinking about how happy she was to know that her hard work paid off when she heard Gajeel say that her father was coming. Draco shouted, "Happy Birthday Daddy!" at the same time as Gajeel shouted his congratulations. Levy said, "Your daughter spent almost two hours decorating it. She really wanted you to like it." Mirajane then said, "She got worried when Levy told her that you might have a heartattack because of how beautiful the cake was. She then asked if she should change the design because she didn't want the cake's appearance to kill you, Natsu." Levy and Mirajane laughed a bit when recalling Draco's adorable reaction to the statement. Lucy laughed too and said, "She really said that? Oh poor baby, I guess she's never heard that expression before." Happy then said, "Aye! Yesterday when we had to go home after fishing, she said we had just got there. When Natsu told her that time flies when you're having fun, she said that she must have been too focused on fishing to notice the flying clocks." Lucy, Levy, and Mirajane laughed at what Happy told them, it was just so cute that Draco didn't understand expressions or figures of speech. Lucy said, "Well I must say that the cake looks amazing, it's just as amazing as the present you gave your Daddy." Levy turned to Draco and said, "Oh really? What did you give Natsu for his birthday? It must have been something really special for it to be just as amazing as this cake." Draco then started acting all embarrassed when Levy asked what she gave Natsu. Draco didn't realize that Natsu had brought the present with him to show off to everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:43 pm 

Natsu settled in and started to converse with some of his friends, including Gajeel. "Well Salamander, another year on this rock huh? To another year of fights and adventure!" He shouted.

"You said it you old iron eater! Hahaha!" Natsu stated as the two slayers overheard the girls talking. "Nothing to be bashful about Draco! Hey tell you what, I'll let you sit on my lap and we'll show them together! How about that?" He said as he motioned for his daughter to sit with him. "None of you idiots touch or break it or I'll break your heads." He added whilst using his thumb like a lighter to emphasize his point.

"Must be something really important. Gray-sama, we should have Fenrir get you a gift as well!" Juvia shouted.

"That Brat? He's marching to his own tune to actually do anything nice for me." He said sarcastically.

----

At Akane Hospital William Scarlet, also known as Oberon, kept a vigil near a room where his sister rested, when he heard a familiar presence appear next to him. "Been awhile since you used that Katana. Mother must've told you what happened. You don't normally use Kurosawa for anything else."

"Except swift travel or stealth missions. I'm here to check on you two then go out and see if there are any lingering idiots." Fenrir stated as he dismissed the weapon. "So cut the bull Will. Is Glynda okay?"

"She should be okay to go by tonight, but we'd have to be careful." The red headed rival of the Wolf stated.

"Good. I'm going to go look around the town. Got my communication Lacrima, call if anything happens." Fenrir stated as he exited the hospital. When he got out he called his usual blade from the Requip space and adjusted to its weight on his back before checking out every dark alley he could find. Inside his mind he was just craving to fight the bastards that attacked his friends. They would pay dearly for this if he spotted just one dark wizard.

The Wolf of Fairy Tail was on the hunt.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:08 pm 

Draco heard Natsu tell her it was nothing to be bashful about. Then he offered to let her sit on his lap and they could show them the present together. Draco nodded and sat down on Natsu's lap, it was a little awkward for her since she hadn't done this since she was little. Lucy said, "Natsu, Draco's getting a bit too big for that but it's still adorable." Lucy was laughing at how cute it was and she actually took a picture of the moment. Draco hugged her Daddy and muttered to herself, "I'm not too big to sit on my Daddy's lap." It was cute how she was hugging Natsu in a way that implied she wasn't going to get up anytime soon.

A gentle breeze was blowing through the air as a 24 year old man headed towards the town of Magnolia. The man said, "I'm home, and just in time for Dad's birthday. I wonmder if Draco's started opening up and talking yet... Well, there's only one way to find out." The man then proceeded to walk through town towards the FairyTail guild.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next