All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 2:58 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

While Black had probably approached him perfectly in sight, Remus still startled when being addressed, mind entirely elsewhere. The immediate panic in his expression gave way for a sheepish little smile, feeling oddly figured out by Black, and still not sure how to handle himself in that space.
“Yeah, I did,” he confirmed before taking another drag, looking at Black overtop the blaze of the embers as he inhaled.
Black looked a mess, more so than Remus had ever yet to see him. Goaded by the change of perspective between them, Remus allowed himself to look him over, intrigued. When his eyes reached Black’s hands, he shifted, almost thoughtlessly. Leaving the cigarette between his lips, Remus stretched his right leg out in front of him, rolling onto his hip to retrieve his matchbox from his pocket.
“Here,” he offered, picking the cigarette from between his lips.
He exhaled the smoke, shifting forwards onto the edge of the step. Expertly balancing both his own lit cigarette and matchbox in one hand, Remus picked out a match to strike.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:57 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The thoughtlessness with which Remus offered him a lot match did nothing to diminish Sirius’ grin, fully aware that it was mostly a nothing gesture, but it seemed like an important corner in their friendship.
As he leant down to catch the flame with the cigarette still between his lips, he suddenly found himself very close to Remus, once again causing him to realise that Remus was a very handsome man. As he stood back up properly again, he also realised that he was likely going to do nothing about this realisation, but there was the faintest sliver of hope, now that he knew that Remus did regularly have sex with men, even if it was for money.
“Thanks mate,” he said, rather than voicing any of his thoughts, knowing that nothing good would come from talking about these things, at least not just yet.
A large cloud of smoke left his lips as he looked at his flatmate, not feeling the need to talk much for once, just enjoying that this was a moment they could share without feeling awkward. Even though both of them knew what the other had been doing all night, it just wasn’t apparent in their interactions and Sirius wanted to relish in that, if only just for a moment.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:37 pm 

As Black leaned close and the flame of the match illuminated his features, Remus realized he was still wearing make up. Certainly not as much as he had started his evening with, but enough that shimmer caught the light, and enough for Remus’ gaze to flicker, attention removed from the cigarette balanced between Sirius’ lips.
Had Sirius not straightened his posture, Remus might have let the cigarette burn his fingers, only flicking it off in a thoughtless mirrored motion, shifting when Sirius did. It allowed the darkness to creep closer around them, and at a distance, Remus wondered if Sirius’ lips weren’t that pink naturally, wondering if he had been wearing lipstick, too.
“Sure,” Remus muttered, incoherently, a grin pulling at his lips as he drew his knees up, steadying his elbow on his right as he took a drag.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:59 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

While the quiet wasn’t exactly uncomfortable, the darkness that surrounded them serving well for quiet contemplation, Sirius also still had too much alcohol buzzing in his system to be able to fully ease into it. He did consider Remus a friend of his by now, so why shouldn’t they chat while they smoked? It seemed only natural to want to have a chat.
As he looked over at Remus again, he was once again struck by how handsome of a man he actually was. There was a quiet nonchalance in him that Sirius had done a lot of work not to notice, but as he sat there with his cigarette, it was thre only thing Sirius could think about.
“You look very handsome, you know,” he blurted before thinking, taking a drag from his cigarette after talking, and allowing a wide grin to spread on his lips once more, giving the compliment a more boyish nature, even if he meant it sincerely.

Last edited by iamcrystalqueer on Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 3:33 pm 

While the sudden compliment took Remus aback, he wasn’t particularly discomforted by it. Something changed in his expression before a grin had the chance to follow, ghosting at the corner of his mouth as he picked the cigarette from his lips.
His own reaction solidified to him how caught-between-worlds this felt, unsure if he could have bared to receive any acknowledgement of the sorts were it said just a few hours later. Now, however, Remus couldn’t help but perk up at it, his interest piqued, too used to hearing compliments spoken with a clear intention.
“Thank you,” he replied through a held breath, a smile briefly but brightly on his lips before he exhaled the smoke. Remus watched Sirius through it as it filled the space between them, uncertain if Sirius really was being as bold as Remus was interpreting him to be.
So, as he raised the last half an inch of his cigarette to his lips, Remus asked what he thought to be a more pressing question.
“Why Poppy?”

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 3:08 pm 

While Sirius hadn’t expected anything to come from his compliment, having mostly just been thinking out loud, he found himself woefully unprepared to answer Remus’ question.
He wasn’t even sure when exactly Remus had picked up his drag name, nor was he certain how he felt about anyone knowing it outside of the club, especially having it mentioned in such a casual manner. However, he also knew that there was no way that Remus was going to use it against him ad that he was likely just asking out of curiosity.
“It’s actually Puppy,” Sirius explained before taking another drag from his cigarette, trying to find the best way to explain the name to Remus. After all, he wasn’t entirely sure how the nickname came about himself, having just elected to use it as his name when the other queens had taken to calling him by it constantly.
“I guess because I’m easily excitable and just happy to be included.”

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 3:53 pm 

Remus had given Poppy a lot of thought during the passing week; the fact that it could’ve been Puppy had never once crossed his mind. It washed his expression clean, blank for a moment before a grin pulled at his lips, a boyish flash of teeth as it sent his mind reeling.
To be honest, it was nothing short of a treat.
“Puppy,” he repeated, not because he hadn’t heard it, but because he couldn’t forego trying it on.
The cigarette had all but burned to the filter, and still it was thoughtlessly kept at eye level, Remus’ attention remained fully and entirely on Sirius.
“Good girl, then,” he said, a subtle agreement to the pun written into the name. There was, however, an unmistakable encouragement in his smile and voice, eyes never wavering off of Sirius as he leaned down to kill the embers against the stone of the step.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:20 pm 

The comment caused Sirius to blurt out the huff of smoke that he had been holding in his mouth, unsure what he had been expecting but that certainly hadn’t been it. He couldn’t exactly say that he minded though, feeling his cheeks heat up up slightly at the comment.
“I guess yeah,” he saiid as he finished off the remainder of the smoke that he still had between his fingers, before letting the butt fall on the ground and killing it with the tip of his shoe.
“Wanna head in?” He asked, starting to feel the cool night air seeping into his bones as the alcohol slowly wore off.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:44 pm 

At most, the comment had been a tease, the joke too readily at the tip of his tongue for him to have thought that it was anything but intentional. Sirius’ reaction, however, suddenly made Remus think he was wrong.
In the last seconds of golden embers, Sirius’ cheeks seemed warmer than the flame could account for, if only for a moment. As soon as Sirius’ tossed the butt, darkness crept back between them, only a few solitary street lights still lit.
“Yeah,” he answered, feeling almost breathless, unsure how much to read into the way the flush on Sirius’ cheeks hadn’t seemed to put an abrupt end to their company.
Legs stiff and cold, Remus wrangled himself upright.
“I had thought you’d already be in bed,” he admitted, aimlessly and to say something else.
Standing, Remus picked his keys from his pocket, before taking the steps up to unlock the main entry, eyes to the handle.
He only glanced back at Sirius when the door gave way and he pushed it open. “D’you have a nice night?”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:56 pm 

Feeling relieved by the change of subject Sirius nodded, knowing that he was usually home and in bed before Remus. It was easier to talk abut the impromptu birthday celebration than it was to discuss whether or not he could be qualified as a good girl.
At least, it was to Sirius.
“Yeah, I did,” he said with a crooked grin as he followed Remus inside, trying to be mindful of the level of his voice, not wanting to wake anyone as they made their way to their dorm.
“It was Dahlia’s birthday and she insisted that I stay for a drink and you know how it goes when you agree to stay for just one drink,” Sirius elaborated with a shrug, feeling unsure if Remus would actually know, but it felt easier to say.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:46 pm 

Glancing over at Sirius, something played across Remus’ expression, a smile and a reply he couldn’t quite commit to giving. Not an avid drinker, having never found alcohol to be his choice of drug, Remus rarely stayed for more drinks than planned - much less free of charge.
He eventually decided against speaking it, feeling like it would add nothing else but a crudeness to their exchange they both probably could go without.
“That’s nice,” Remus encouraged, his lack of engagement not a sign of disinterest. His attention was equally divided between Sirius and the dimly lit stairwell. “She works there?”

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:04 pm 

With Remus working at the club as well, albeit in a vastly different position, Sirius had more or less taken for granted that he would know who the other queens were. It was only now Sirius remembered that Remus had already told him that he rarely stayed for the shows, so he was unlikely to actually know who any of them were, at least not by name.
“Yeah, she’s a colleague,” he explained, figuring that most people were likely asleep by now, but it still seemed too risky, too dangerous, to actually discuss their professions too much in the open in the corridor.
“She was one of the ones who took me under their wings when I was getting started,” he elaborated, unsure just how interested Remus actually was, but he wanted to explain for some reason.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:48 am 

Remus nodded, attention forward as their room came into view. He figured that was a general but safe assumption he could start making, slowly coming to realize just how close Sirius was with the other patrons and workers at the bar. Remus barely knew the name of the bartenders despite going there for years.
“Congrats to her,” he offered, a little incoherent well-wish. Remus hadn’t pocketed his keys, stepping towards their door to unlock it.
“I still owe you to stick around some night,” he added as the door gave way.
He glanced over at Sirius, a ghost of a smile on his lips, before entering their flat.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:51 pm 

The lateness of the hour was getting to both of them, that much Sirius could tell, but he couldn’t really find it in himself to mind all that much. It was obvious that neither had really meant to run into each other like this, and actually getting to see each other leave work suddenly meant something different.
It wasn’t something that Sirius thought would influence their relationship in a bad way.
The comment about Remus owing him sticking around one night made him grin, finding the idea very nice, but feeling unsure how he would feel about Remus actually seeing what he did to make money.
“You really should,” he stated as he entered the flat together with Remus, closing the door behind once fully inside.
“I am really rather good and it’s a shame that you’ve missed it.”

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:01 am 

Remus had stepped inside to remove his coat, his attention diverted from Sirius. The praise the other bestowed on himself, however, made quick work of recapturing Remus’ interest and gaze. Looking back at Sirius, a grin pulled at Remus’ lips.
“Yeah?” Remus encouraged, a smile to his voice. Sirius certainly looked rather spectacular done up, that much Remus had already gotten to witness.
“Maybe I ought to make a priority,” he hypothesized, the unmistakable promise in his gaze washed away as he turned to hang up his coat on the hanger.
He didn’t even think twice about changing the subject.
“Are you having a shower?” he asked, entirely removed from what they had been talking about. He didn’t wait to answer, considering it a given that Sirius would want to shower off the night, too.
When he looked at Sirius, the ease of being back in their own flat had settled over his shoulders, some of the tightness gone from his shoulders. “Do you mind if I go first?”

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:34 pm 

The promise, no matter how vague it was, of Remus making seeing Sirius a priority made Sirius’ heart flip, unsure exactly how much to read into it, but definitely feeling something about it.
He was relieved when Remus immediately changed the subject, giving him a chance to get off his coat before having to formulate any proper kind of response.
“Go right ahead,” he stated, as he took a seat at his desk chair to take off his shoes, not quite trusting himself enough to be able to properly do that while standing. While he mostly just felt tipsy, he knew just how much he’d been drinking tonight and he wasn’t about to fall flat on his face, especially not in front of Remus.
“I’ll go grab us a cuppa, yeah?” He said, mostly thinking out loud, figuring that Remus could use a cup of tea as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:26 pm 

Remus had never once considered having a cup of tea after a job, and suddenly, it sounded like the perfect idea. It showed on his expression, another little knot loosening from his spine.
“Would love some,” he replied, a shadow of a smile to his lips. “Thanks.”
Hand already on their bathroom door, Remus sent Sirius another little glance, a thought he didn’t get to speak, before slipping inside and closing the door behind him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:27 pm 

It was such an infinitely small things, but to Sirius it spoke a lot more than what Remus might even have meant. As he made his way to the small tea kitchen right outside their dorm, he thought of just how far they had come and how much easier it was becoming to be around Remus.
He was humming softly to himself as he brewed two cups of tea, still feeling extremely wired from his night out, but feeling the buzz slowly leave his body.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:22 pm 

Having hurried to shower, Remus hadn’t brought his usual change of clothes with him into the bathroom. When he had peered out, Remus had felt some relief seeing that Black had yet to return, though any bashfulness should probably feel pointless. Even the sheer fact that Black knew how Remus had spent the night ought to be considered more intimate than watching him dress after a shower.
Remus had been midway through dressing when a soft thud was heard on the door, making him shift almost instinctively, acutely aware of the late hour of the night and the fact that they had neighbours on either side.
Taking a step towards the door, Remus reached for the knob, opening the door without looking to confirm it to be Black. He was shirtless, his pajama shirt still in his hand.
“Hey,” he greeted with a glance, an easy breathlessness about his voice as he returned to his bedside.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:56 pm 

When Sirius had offered to brew a cuppa for them both, he had failed to consider the fact that he would also have to transport said cups back to the dorm by himself.
He had been relieved when his soft knock on their door was loud enough for Remus to hear him, a relief that was quickly washed away by sense of embarrassment, a soft heat reaching his cheeks.
Remus was shirtless still, having clearly just exited his shower and having not managed to get entirely into his pyjamas just yet. Nothing on earth could have prepared Sirius for the light spots of vitiligo that so defined Remus’ chest, making the dark purple hickeys stand out starker against the lighter skin.
“Hey,” he managed, a slight breathlessness in his voice as he made his way to his desk to put down the cups.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 36  Next