All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:53 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Sirius had been a little hurt that it seemed like Remus didn’t want to spend more time with him, fearing that the delicate balance of their friendship had been twisted somehow. Thus it was actually a relief to hear that he was on his way to work, making the rejection make a little more sense to Sirius and easing the hurt.
“Of course,” he said with a bright smile, wanting Remus to know that they were still good, even if it felt like they were in some kind of relationship limbo at the moment.
Remus was very important to Sirius and he couldn’t bear the thought of losing what they had.
“You have fun and stay safe, yeah?”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:28 pm 

Remus didn’t think he had ever heard that particular string of words spoken regarding his job; it took him a little aback, his expression blanking. Whatever tentative unease was etched between his brows, it disappeared, leaving only a trace of clumsy surprise.
Remus himself didn’t think he’d ever expected work to be outright fun, but the expressed interest in his safety was new.
“Uh, yeah, thanks,” he fumbled, feeling his heart clench when the immediate surprise disappeared. “I will.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:46 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius simply smiled brightly at that.
He was absolutely certain that Remus knew how to best take care of himself, even if his job made that difficult, yet he couldn’t stop himself from worrying about him.
He knew that it wasn’t exactly a safe employ, but he respected Remus’ decision to keep that job.
“That’s all I ask.”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:58 pm 

_____

Although perhaps usually being the most profitable evening of the year, Remus had, in a rare display of vulnerability, foregone spending New Year's Eve working. Instead, he had found himself back at the bar, for once a patron.
Lingering by the bar, Remus had fallen in and out of conversation with Sirius, having had to part ways a few times already when Sirius’ was called back on stage to perform. Remus had watched each with interest, and a gradually wider grin for each drink that he got.
Sirius had finished what must be his last set of the year, the hour drawing closer and closer to midnight. As Sirius returned, Remus’ posture changed, perking up slightly from where he had been leisurely hanging against the bartop.
“Best one yet,” he praised, his grin wide and boyish with intoxication, and his gaze heavy with continued interest.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:54 pm 

While the two of them had briefly discussed their plans for New Years, Sirius hadn’t actually expected Remus to show up at the club for the celebration.
Sirius had definitely hoped that Remus would at least make a brief appearance, but there was no way that he could have possibly foreseen getting to spend almost the entire evening with his flatmate. It had been a pleasant surprise and Sirius had a hard time telling whether it was jitters from his show or just Remus’ presence that made him feel as giddy as he did.
He had performed several times this evening and after each performance he had returned to the bar, to Remus, and he found that that had been exactly how he wanted to spend his New Year’s Eve.
It was with a wide grin on his lips that he approached Remus again, having changed to his final outfit of the night before going on stage and having elected to use his own hair for that. While Remus had had nothing but praise for him all night, it still made him giddy to hear it every single time.
“Thank you,” he said as he placed himself in the barstool that had been kept empty for him all night. He was slightly short of breath but he felt amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:26 pm 

It was vastly different seeing Sirius done up on stage, than it was seeing it here, within reach. Across the room, Sirius looked unreal in a way that was beautiful but fictional; as he took a seat on the barstool next to Remus’, Remus quickly faced the fact that Sirius was very much real, and right there.
It took some restraint not to reach for him, and instead Remus’ eyes traced the path his fingers couldn’t, watching the details of the dress with interest.
“And last?” Remus asked, eyes darting up to meet Sirius’ at the question.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:53 pm 

“Last one of the year,” Sirius beamed, feeling very good about himself and the show that he had just put on.
One thing was knowing that he was very good at what he was doing, but there was absolutely no denying that Remus’ compliments made him feel giddy as well, enjoying the knowledge that Remus had been enjoying the show as well.
“I am your’s for the rest of the night,” he added with a crooked grin, as he reached for his packet of cigarettes, which he had left on the counter right before his show, knowing that Remus would be there to keep an eye on them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:16 pm 

The declaration, however much of a matter of speech, made Remus’ smile widen, the flush of intoxication making it that much more of a treat.
Any comment on it, however, was interrupted. The movement of Sirius’ reaching for his cigarettes diverted Remus’ attention, almost instinctively propelling him out of his chair. Reaching into the pocket of his trousers, Remus retrieved a paper box of matches. Without waiting for Sirius to ask the question, he offered it himself.
He struck the match, taking half a step closer to Sirius, his free hand thoughtlessly raised as if to protect the flame from wind - or, perhaps more logical, from catching on Sirius’ hair.
“Rest of the year, really,” Remus eventually corrected, a grin playing at the corner of his mouth. It was nothing more than a teased return of Sirius’ own correction, and when Remus’ eyes finally left Sirius’ lips to meet his gaze, there was a boyish glint in his eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:55 pm 

There was something intoxicating about the way that Remus immediately filled the space between them, even if it was just to light his cigarette. Sirius knew that he had a lighter close by, but the instant he had seen Remus reach for his matches he hadn’t even bothered to reach for it.
The follow up made Sirius grin, knowing that it was as stupid comment at the best of times, yet he couldn’t help himself. He was far too aware of the fact that it was not just this night nor just the rest of the year.
Despite the fact that they had talked no more about their hook ups, Sirius could feel himself constantly drawn to Remus, wanting to be close to him and just spend as much time with him as possible.
He had been beyond excited when Remus had shown up to see him and he was going to make the absolute most of their evening together.
“Maybe even longer,” he found himself adding with a grin, as he took a deep huff from his cigarette as to not lose his nerve.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:29 pm 

Unexpected as it might have been, Sirius’ reply wasn’t inherently startling to Remus; instead, his smile widened, humoured and intrigued.
“Yeah?” Remus challenged with a grin as he took a step back, eyes continuously returning onto Sirius’.
Reaching off to the side, Remus flicked his wrist a few times to extinguish the flame; the still-warm matchstick fizzed out when he discarded it in his emptied glass.
Despite the tone of Sirius’ voice, Remus found it difficult to close the distance between them having already stepped out of Sirius’ immediate proximity. Instead, he eased back against his barstool, matchbook still in his hand as he flipped it between his fingers, tapping it against his thigh.
“‘you promise?”
Although the question wasn’t intended as rhetorical, the context around them could soon force it to be. Remus had the impression that he had barely sat down again when, out of the corner of his eye, his view of the room was obstructed.
Turning towards the shape, Remus’ smile remained easily on his lips; it took him to recognize the man beside him for his smile to falter, a slight sense of disorientation by the interruption.
With great familiarity that made Remus’ skin crawl in a way that it had never before, the man rested a hand on the bartop behind Remus.
“Hey,” the man greeted, not unkindly; Remus took notice of how he offered Sirius a little apologetic smile, too, though he didn’t seem particularly guilt ridden.
When he continued, he only directed himself to Remus, glancing towards the clock above the bar, inching towards the new year.
“Are you, uh, available?”

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:50 pm 

Sirius had been just about to answer when Remus was suddenly entirely cut off from his view.
It probably shouldn’t come as a surprise to him that someone would approach Remus, however it did take him a little aback that they would do it while he was clearly engaged in conversation with him. It was a stark reminder of the fact that he was indeed still in drag and while Remus hadn’t seemed to mind that fact, Sirius had to remind himself of how others saw him.
He had been looking forward to spending the remainder of the night, and potentially even longer, together with Remus, but he was also prepared to face that fact that maybe he wouldn’t get to have that.
After all, he couldn’t exactly blame him for working when Sirius himself had been working all night, but it did leave him with a pang of loss as to what to do with himself.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:39 pm 

Rationally, Remus knew tonight differed from any other visit at the club, and that the man, an otherwise usually welcomed regular, had no possible way of knowing that. Still, Remus didn’t think it was too much to ask for the man to read the room.
Eyes barely skimming over the man’s features, Remus was struck by how utterly devout of anything interesting he was, less of all after a long night in Sirius’ company.
“Mate, pay attention,” he dismissed, if anything sounding a little humoured, tipping his chin towards Sirius is a telling gesture. Had he had enough foresight, he might’ve considered that the curt reply could cost him good, steady money, but then and there, it wasn’t a worry.
“Already made my choice of a New Year’s shag.”
Though still not seeming entirely regretful, the man turned towards Sirius, at least having the decency of looking a little flustered realising the rudeness of his interruption.
“Oh, right. Sorry. Another time, then,” he managed, sending Remus a little awkward smile, before departing just as quickly as he had appeared.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:31 pm 

There was absolutely nothing that could have prepared Sirius for the brashness with which Remus turned his potential client down. Had he been slightly more sober, he would have probably gotten flustered by how openly Remus talked about them potentially having sex later, but right in that moment it just excited him.
His heart beat faster in his chest, having come to terms with the fact that he was never not going to want Remus, but right in that moment he wanted him more than he ever had.
It was barely an active decision on his part when he got down from the stool he had been perched on, the only thing in the back of his mind being how much he needed to be closer to Remus.
Working from muscle memory, his hands found Remus’ face, pulling him up slightly as he leant down to kiss him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:49 pm 

Remus had already been looking at Sirius when the other stood from his stool, having seen the kiss coming from a mile ahead. It, however, didn’t stop his smile from widening, almost giddy in the transparency.
Remus’ met the kiss grinning, barely managing to reciprocate it, finding himself to be on the brink of laughter, a boyish happiness spilling out of him. Undeterred, however, Remus still reached for Sirius’ hips, an unspoken encouragement to stay.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:25 pm 

Sirius doubted that he was ever going to enjoy anything the way he enjoyed feeling Remus smile into their kisses, always feeling too lucky for it to be real.
Remus’ hands on his hips was all it took for him move slightly closer, the heels on his boots making the height difference difficult, but he wasn’t keen to stop kissing Remus.
He was so engrossed in their embrace that he hardly noticed the new year ring in, vaguely aware of celebration happening around them, but it suddenly seemed so painfully unimportant when Remus was right in front of him, holding him and grinning while attempting to reciprocate the kiss.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:07 am 

Even though Remus felt Sirius stagger forward, he still rose to a stand, effectively closing the last distance between them to better meet the kiss, his laugh finally subsiding. Although still towering above Remus, the shift allowed him to wrap his arms around Sirius, hands moving from his hips to completely surround his waist.
It wasn’t the first time Remus found himself this entangled with Sirius, nor holding him this closely, and still it felt distinctly different, making his heart flip. The slip of the dress, and the narrowness of Sirius’ waist, hidden beneath the firm fabric of a corset was different and intriguing, and it made Remus’ brain go haywire in a way that it hadn’t done in ages.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:18 pm 

Despite the fact that Sirius had kissed Remus several times before by now, this still managed to feel entirely new and exciting.
Part of it was just how Sirius was dressed, towering over Remus in a way that he wasn’t used to, and the way Remus’ hands felt against the corset. It all caused his head to spin and it was absolutely impossible for him not grin into the kiss, doing what he could to keep the kiss up but soon it became too difficult to maintain.
Sirius rested his forehead against Remus’, not keen to separate from him but also keen on getting even closer to him and he knew that that couldn’t be done while they were still in public.
“Wanna go home?” He asked in a soft voice, unsure if Remus would even be able to hear him over the sound of people celebrating around them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:40 pm 

The moment Sirius’ lips left his, the buzz off the bar around them crept back into Remus’ consciousness. It wasn’t unpleasant, seeming only to amplify the thrum of anticipation coursing through his veins, feeling teetering on the edge of something; his head seemed loud, too. Everything slotted in place when Sirius beat himself to the question Remus had yet to articulate, however.
Stretching in lieu of an answer, Remus tipped his chin to once again catch Sirius’ lips in a kiss, muffling a chuckle that instead died in Remus’ throat. He wasn’t deaf to the singularity of it all, how there was only here or home, just as much his as it was Sirius’. The answer, yes, laid in the way his grip loosened around Sirius’ waist, boyishly pushing at him.
“Come on, then,” he grinned, the moment he had pushed too far for the kiss to last.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:03 pm 

The sheer joy with which Remus pushed at him made his head spin, wanting to get him alone even faster and dreading just how far the dorms were from the bar. This was definitely what he had hoped when Remus had decided to spend the new year with him, but it was still with a sense of shame.
“Let me go change,” Sirius stated, not because he thought that him being drag was going to be a problem on this night of all nights, however he was still uncertain exactly how Remus felt about it. He had been sweet and encouraging all night, however Sirius wasn’t able to forget that the first time he had wanted to kiss Remus and had gotten rejected, he had indeed been in drag and he was uncertain if that had ever been a factor.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:09 am 

Sirius stating his departure made something within Remus surge; even to him, it was hard to distinguish whether it was an objection to Sirius changing or Sirius leaving, even for a few odd minutes. Instinctively, it had Remus reaffirming his hold on Sirius’ waist, once again reminded of the corset, the boning firm beneath his fingers.
“Don’t bother,” Remus dismissed, his infliction easy and almost laughing. Alcohol and adrenaline, however, mixed in his gaze, his interest in Sirius bright and unrestrained.
“Let’s go home,” he parroted, but as his fingers slipped over the subtle ribbing of the corset, it suddenly struck Remus precisely what sentiment it was he had danced around.
A grin pulled at his lips. “Let me.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 36  Next