All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:15 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Remus glanced back at Sirius at the mention of his bachelors. They hadn’t spoken on it, but Remus had before wondered if they were the same age, despite having their careers offset by a few years. Remus couldn’t particularly remember Sirius in his bachelor’s class, but that entire degree felt muddled with worries, having known for the first day that the money his parents had set aside for tuition wouldn’t make it to cover his masters.
He reached to accept the spliff, taking a moment to ash it out the window, certain that a few specks of ash wouldn’t be what incriminated them.
“How does assisting Mulligan compare?” he asked with interest, a third job Remus knew Sirius to have.
As he raised the spliff to his mouth, a crooked smile pulled at his lips before he could take a drag. “Tutoring us.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:48 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The question brought a grin to Sirius’ lips, having honestly not given a whole lot of thought, having it just be something that had happened to him. He knew that he probably should take it more seriously, not really thinking too much of it, but he did credit some of that to his close relationship with Mulligan.
Finding it hard to put all of that into words though, Sirius shrugged, grin still etched onto his face as he looked at Remus, trying to see if there was an answer that he wanted from him.
“Tutoring you is a delight,” he stated with a crooked grin, knowing that he was probably laying it on a little too thick, but he was being brutally honest. He really did think that Remus by far and large had been the most pleasant of the group to tutor, and not just because he happened to enjoy spending time with him.
“You’re all a lot easier to tutor than the kids I usually get stuck with.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:48 pm 

Though Remus might have fished for that compliment, it still took him aback, bringing a juvenile little smile to his lips. Nowadays finding that his own sense of value and self were tied up in his work, Remus was well aware of the particular nerve academic praise struck within him.
He was, however, a little shaken by the weight the praise carried, even when it was Sirius who offered it, finding that it translated to a lopsided smile on his lips.
“You can just say I’m brilliant,” he teased, though the laugh otherwise in his voice sounded a little shaken, nervous.
The shy little smile on his lips was quickly obscured by his hand and the spliff, and Remus was suddenly struck by the amount of academic reverence he held Sirius in. He took another drag, looking at the other with a muddled and intoxicated look of affection.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:19 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

“Oh you absolutely are,” Sirius stated without a moment of hesitation. Even before they had developed a proper friendship, Sirius had found Remus to be absolutely brilliant in class, impressed by his already high level of knowledge considering that they were only just getting started on their Phd’s. Sirius knew that he had said something to that extent to Remus before, but he knew that his flatmate was way further than his fellow students.
“Honestly, I am glad that we are not in the same year,” he added with a grin, leaning his entire back against the windowsill, almost as if he wanted to be able to look at him better. It felt easy to talk with Remus like this, giving him praise for his academic achievements while sharing a night that would definitely tank both of their academic careers if it ever came out.
It wouldn’t though. Sirius knew that because they were safe with each other and that was all that mattered.
“Wouldn’t fancy competing against you for grant money or Mulligan’s attention,” he finished, grinning still.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:55 am 

Remus felt the compliment settle deep in his chest, blooming through him in a flush of heat that brought a stupid little grin to his lips. Mixing intoxicants, he felt giddy under Sirius’ attention, finding it hard not to shy away from it while desperately wanting more.
It was almost a relief when Sirius followed it up with such a blatant lie. It was enough to make Remus snort, all but rolling his eyes at him.
“As if that’d ever happen,” he grinned, once again lifting the spliff to his lips but reconsidering. Instead of taking a drag, he halted the motion mid air to instead offer it to Sirius, thoughtlessly leaning forward as the other had leaned back.
“Mulligan adores you.”

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:54 am 

Sirius grinned at that as he accepted the spliff and immediately took a drag. He knew that Mulligan was exceedingly fond of him, the two of them bonding rather early in Sirius’ first year of his Phd. However, no matter how much he enjoyed sharing with Remus, he found that that particular insight should probably be kept between himself and their professor, unsure how much Mulligan would appreciate it being common knowledge just how close they were.
He exhaled the puff of smoke, still leant back and just taking Remus in. He really was very handsome, but now that realisation didn’t come with any follow up thoughts.
“I’ve had more years to butter him up,” he said with a shrug, fully aware that that wasn’t entirely the truth either, but it seemed true enough for the purpose of their conversation. “Don’t fool yourself, you are a very close second.”

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:55 am 

Though the compliment grew more stupid each time Sirius repeated it, it never failed to make Remus’ smile widen, boyishly pleased.
“Brilliant,” he huffed, and though the laugh proved it was intended as sarcasm, there was an undeniable fondness seeping into his voice.
Growing flustered beneath Sirius’ attention, Remus straightened his posture, ducking his head as he mindlessly packed the tin back up, still filling the space on the window sill between his thighs.
“We’re about through that one, yeah?” he asked, nodding up at Sirius to the butt in his hands.
Though he shut the tin, he still found it courteous to ask, leaning back with it in his hand. “Does that cover it, or d’you want another?”

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:59 pm 

While some part of Sirius was desperate to extend their evening, sure he was ever going to feel done spending time together with Remus, he also knew that they both had class in just a couple of hours and that they probably should head to bed. The evening seemed to end on a promising note though and Sirius felt convinced that the two of them were going to have more nights like this, if they just allowed themselves to.
“I’m good,” he said, taking the last drag of the spliff before killing the remaining ember on the wall just beneath their window. Rather than just letting it drop, like he probably would with a proper fag, he brought it inside to dispose of in their bin.
“Thanks mate, just what I needed.”

Last edited by iamcrystalqueer on Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:00 pm 

While some part of Sirius was desperate to extend their evening, sure he was ever going to feel done spending time together with Remus, he also knew that they both had class in just a couple of hours and that they probably should head to bed. The evening seemed to end on a promising note though and Sirius felt convinced that the two of them were going to have more nights like this, if they just allowed themselves to.
“I’m good,” he said, taking the last drag of the spliff before killing the remaining ember on the wall just beneath their window. Rather than just letting it drop, like he probably would with a proper fag, he brought it inside to dispose of in their bin.
“Thanks mate, just what I needed.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:40 pm 

While Sirius’ hadn’t explicitly stated it, Remus could tell the night was drawing to an end; glancing over to the watch above their door, it was about time, too. They had already extended it another hour than intended, having left the bar adamant to catch enough sleep for the alcohol to leave their systems before class.
Having now, this time of night, added another drug to the mix, Remus was no longer sure how that’d pan out.
“Yeah, anytime,” he said, breathy with exhaustion but genuine nonetheless.
Upon speaking it, Remus was struck with the memory of having offered Sirius a pastry brought with the money he had earned, and yet again, Remus felt quietly comforted by how easy it was to share such things when Sirius had no reason to question what money Remus had used to pay for it.
Shifting in his seat, Remus pulled his leg back inside, feeling the room wobble around him as he slid off the sill.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:55 am 

It was with a certain sadness that Sirius realised that their night was drawing to an end, even if he rationally knew that it was already at least an hour too late for them to call it a night, considering that they had class in the morning. It was the kind of juvenile indulgence that Sirius hadn’t really allowed himself since starting on his Phd, and even for most of his masters, so while he was likely going to regret it in the morning, he was having a really hard time regretting it now.
As he slid down from the windowsill together with Remus, he was suddenly overcome with a feeling of warmth towards his flatmate. He knew that their friendship was very new and tentative, but Remus had still, without a question, taken the time to go out with Sirius and make sure that he didn’t have to be alone with the feelings that his mother’s death had left him with.
Without thinking and taking advantage of the fact that they were already standing close, Sirius wrapped his arms around Remus and pulled him close in a hug. It wasn’t a type of intimacy they had shared before, but Sirius found that he no other way of showing him just how grateful he was for the time they had spent together.
“Thank you,” he said, his voice soft as to take into account just how close they were standing, before loosening his grip around him again and letting him go, such that they could both head to bed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:28 pm 

Already feeling like the room was spinning, the unexpected force of the hug almost threatened to topple Remus over, still unsteady on his feet. Startled into silence, he floundered for a moment, hands raised to hover a few awkward inches above Sirius’ shoulders, before finally returning the hug one armed an tentatively.
“Yeah - you’re welcome,” he muttered.
The tightness of the arms wrapped around his waist and the press of Sirius’ body against his made Remus’ heart flip in his chest, too unaccustomed to this degree of platonic intimacy. It had his head spinning, gratefully welcoming the distance as Sirius pulled away.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:08 pm 

Sirius could tell that he had been too much by how awkwardly Remus returned the hug, but maybe he had just caught him off guard. After all, physical touch had never really been part of what they did, but it had just felt so right that Sirius couldn’t find it in himself to regret it. He liked Remus and he had really enjoyed spending time with him tonight, so this just seemed to be a perfect end to a perfect night.
Leaving Remus’ presence, Sirius instead approached his bed, smiling softly as he did, feeling so much lighter and better at ease than he thought that he would be able to do tonight.
“I mean it, thank you, means a lot to me,” he said with a warm smile as he grabbed his pyjamas, moving towards the bathroom to change. “Goodnight Remus.”

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:48 pm 

______

Remus felt like he had barely blinked off before the alarm clock lurched him awake. The room still felt disjointed from reality, or else Remus from the room, and if he had managed to sober up even a little more, he would have found it distasterous that he was still high. For now, its felt rather humourous, having stolen a glance and a sheepish grin in Sirius’ direction, having sworn the other was up before he stole off to the bathroom for a shower.
Having felt quite certain Sirius would come interrupt him at some point to use the facilities himself, Remus had blinked off under the shower stream, until the silence felt inconspicuously long.
Turning off the shower without prompt, Remus was quick to dress himself in the necessities in the shower, peering out of the room with his shirt barely on, only to find the hour to be a bit to eight and Sirius still fast asleep.
With a touch that was only feasible in Remus’ brain because of the hug they had shared, Remus gripped Sirius’ shoulder, shaking him awake.
“Sirius, wake up,” he hurried, helplessly unable to keep the laugh out of his voice.
His hands found his shirt, still leaning over Sirius’ as he started doing up his buttons. Glancing off towards the clock, he let out a huff of genuine desperation, drowned out by a chuckle at their own misery. “We’re gonna be late.”

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:31 pm 

As easy as sleep had come to him, just as hard was it for Sirius to wake up.
He had] heard the alarm clock go off and had been woken up by it, but once he saw that Remus had gotten up to use the bathroom he had decided to stay in bed for a while longer. He had just meant to close his eyes for a brief moment, knowing full well that he had to get up and get ready for class.
However, soon he found Remus standing over him, gently shaking him awake and reminding him that they were going to be late.
Despite the panic the statement instilled in him, Sirius couldn’t help but smile, finding it very nice that Remus had thought to get him up as well and not just leave without him.
“****,” he stated, sitting up on the edge of the bed so quickly that it made his head spin, then again that might just be because he was still high.
“Good lord,” he added as he rubbed his hands over his face, his hair dishevelled and knowing that he had to be a terrible state, but there wasn’t much he could do about it now. He would just have to explain to Arlo later that his mother had died and all would be forgiven, that much he did know.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:02 pm 

Remus saw a misery in Sirius he couldn’t quite conjure within himself, making him laugh whole-heartedly, both with and at his dorm mate, equal parts sympathy and boyish entertainment.
“Come on, Puppy,” Remus encouraged, a grin to his voice. “Get up.”
Straightening his posture probably now that he felt certain Sirius was up, Remus stepped away from Sirius’ bedside, offering him space to breathe.
By then, his hands had make it to his collar, and as he stepped across the room, he unceremoniously stuffed his shirt tails into his trousers. When he glanced back at Sirius, his features were dominated by a wide grin, still so desperately utterly high.
“You’ve got astrophysics to teach us,” he snickered.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:29 pm 

Hearing the name of his drag persona probably should give Sirius more of a whiplash than it did, something that he could easily blame on the intoxicants still in his system. For now, it just made him smile softly, somehow finding it exactly right when it came from Remus, even if the situation very much didn’t call for it.
It was the next words out of Remus’ mouth that made Sirius groan, as he moved his hands through his hair, running them through a couple of times before pulling it up into an uncharacteristically messy bun. He knew that he wasn’t going to look even a fraction as put together as he normally took great pride in doing, but that was just the price that he was going to have to pay.
“Don’t remind me,” he stated as he got up properly, opening the buttons of his pyjamas as he went on a search for clean clothes, knowing that just whatever he could find was going to have to do.
“Arlo is going to have to handle this one himself, honestly.”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:28 pm 

Remus was already pulling on his dress jacket when Sirius finally got himself arsed up. It drew Remus to a standstill, a split-second decision to wait for him, even though Remus might have made it on time if he left now.
Remus would swear that it had nothing to do with the flashes of tattooed skin suddenly visible between the panels of Sirius’ shirt, though his gaze did dip, distracted.
It was difficult to feel a real sense of urgency when Sirius’ moved so leisurely, seeing it not only in his motions but hearing it in his words. So used to the name Mulligan, it took Remus too long to place Arlo into their conversation. Feeling like the moment to comment on it had escaped him, Remus restlessly shifted, finally getting to put on his shoes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:54 pm 

In the end, Sirius did manage to get ready and they made it to class with only seconds to spare. He knew that he had to look quite in a state, and he managed to mumble a weak apology to Mulligan, knowing that he would expect to get an explanation later.
For the time being, he and Remus had just taken a seat next to each other, feeling like that was the natural thing to do, but he wasn’t blind to the looks they were receiving from the other students.
Sirius had a very hard time caring though, the edges of a headache creeping into his vision and making it very hard to concentrate on Mulligan, much less anything else.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:59 pm 

Once seated, Remus was straining himself to keep up with class, finding the board to swim ahead of his eyes. He sat leaned over the table, notebook open and pen in hand, and still it was difficult to even keep his attention from wandering.
Catching himself drifting, Remus blinked, slow and exaggeratedly to counter his heavy lids, although finding it to be of little use. Defeated, he propped his chin up by his hand, barely settling in the posture before turning his head in his hand, peering over his shoulder at Sirius.
Sirius didn’t look far better off, though there was a greater ease about him; Remus felt quite certain Sirius hadn’t even made an effort to take notes.
It made Remus snicker, though his mouth remained covered by his palm, muffling the sound of a little, laughed snort.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 36  Next