All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:11 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Though Remus was quick to follow Sirius back inside, he stalled on the platform, needing a moment to gather himself. Looking out through the hutch, he looked at the incomplete Dog where Sirius had pointed it out to be, the constellation missing the star at its jugular.
Remus wanted to weep. Though his day had only barely started, he wanted to go to bed and wake up with a clearer idea of what on Earth James was counting on him for.
Forcing every personal qualm on hold, Remus shut the hutch, and with it obscured the stars above them. Eventually, he, too, descended to the living room.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:59 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

James could feel the tension lying heavy between the two men as Remus joined them in the living room, trailing quite behind Sirius.
He knew that it had to be a lot to take in, hell James himself could hardly believe what Sirius had been telling him, however he really didn’t know what else the answer could be. There was no way to explain Sirius, especially not the way that James had found him, so he needed Remus to believe as well.
“You okay mate?” He asked in an attempt to convey all that he was thinking of it all.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:43 pm 

Remus didn’t really know if he was. Reaching the living room, he felt numb, like things were happening around him but not fully to him.
He made a face, maybe.
“But you want to get back -” Remus attempted, figuring he had to start somewhere. “- up there?”
His eyes finally found the stranger, still unable to decipher with what expectations James had brought the man to Remus’ doorstep.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:32 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

It took Sirius a moment too long to realise that Remus was talking to him again, a realisation that made him smile widely, even if the question was puzzling to him.
“Oh, no,” Sirius stated, shaking his head and making the near white locks flow around his face. He had decided to come down on his own accord, and he so wanted to make the most of his time down here.
“I want to be right here,” he added with a wide grin.

James really had no idea what to make of the strange man that he had found.
His ears had started faintly ringing again, having not realise that the headache he had gotten earlier had ceased before it returned. He found that Remus had asked a reasonable question, but the answer just served to make him even more confused.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:37 pm 

It seemed like everything had finally started getting to him, feeling a headache creep up the back of his head. For a moment, Remus only gawked at the man in front of him, surprised that this was the twist and turn that seemed the most unexpected.
He then turned to look at James, feeling like this was strangely easily resolved.
“Well, then,” he said, as if that was the end of it. For all that Remus cared, the stranger was free to wander off as he wished, happy to have him out of his home. “What did you need my help for?”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:50 am 

James knew that it was his turn to say his piece, but he honestly had no idea how to sell this to Remus in a way where he would take the weird stranger in. He knew that it likely wasn’t their problem if they didn’t want it to be, but James liked Sirius and he wanted to help him to not get hurt.
“Well, Remus, my dear friend,” James started, knowing that Remus was likely going to know exactly what he was going to ask when he was laying it on this thick, but he didn’t care. It was important to him and he knew that the only good place to put Sirius would be at Remus’ cottage.
“I was hoping that you would keep him here at your cottage, just for a couple of days,” he expertly lied, knowing that it was likely going to be for far longer, but that was a problem for later.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:33 pm 

As soon as James said it, Remus realized he had been stupid for not having anticipated it. Bringing a star to Remus made a superficial amount of sense, understanding why James would have brought the man here to confirm his story. However, James was the bigger fool in even suggesting that’d he’d stay for any amount of time.
It made Remus’ expression close off, both startled and discomforted, feeling like it was well past the point of intrusive; it was outright unsafe.
“He can’t,” Remus dismissed, offering no further explanation. After all, James knew why, which made his plea seem that much more disappointing.
He glanced over at the stranger, still appearing happily unbothered by the tension he was causing. When he spoke, he directed himself to James. “I’m sorry, but no.”

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:11 pm 

It wasn’t exactly a surprise to James that Remus would completely reject the of Sirius staying with him.
Under normal circumstances, James would never have asked something like this of his friend, knowing far better than to allow someone to get this close to the other man, however this case was different entirely. It wasn’t exactly like James could just bring him home to the manor, no matter how much he’d love to do so.
“Please Moony,” James said, unsure if the use of Remus’ nickname would help any, but he had to use all the tricks in the book.
“You know that I would never ask this of you, unless it was very important,” James stated, feeling certain that Remus knew this as well.
“I swear he will be out befo-“ he cut himself off, glancing over at Sirius, who seemed completely oblivious to the fact that their argument was about him. He knew that Remus didn’t like to talk about his condition, so he didn’t feel that it would help his case to accidentally out him.