All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:59 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Though James had already called the stranger by the name of Sirius it was only at the repetition Remus understood the weight that it carried. Despite all instincts, he glanced over his shoulders, up at his workspace.
When his attention returned onto the supposed star, Remus felt the overwhelming urge to kick both him and James out for the night. There was such an ingrained discomfort in even the thought of a millenia-old being standing before him, even less so a celestial one.
Remus had to actively remind himself of the absurdity of the claim.
“You’re Sirius, the star?” he asked, forcing a tone of incredulity into his tone, though it was meeker at best. “How are you here?”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:59 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Once the connection was made, Sirius positively beamed at Remus, happy that he was finally able to see what he had been talking about this entire time. Sirius knew what he was, but he also knew that the humans didn’t like being told things they deemed to be unbelievable.
“Well I fell, didn’t I?” Sirius explained, unsure how to really and truly explain to Remus what he was and how he had come to be.
“Or you know, I decided to come down here, so here I am.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:36 am 

For a long moment, Remus just gaped at Sirius, trying to make sense of it all. The ease of Sirius’ tone made it all seem like it /was/, in fact, within the scope of reason, and Remus found it hard to maintain a coherent, critical thought.
“So Sirius’s missing star?” he asked with a fumble, the only thing he could think of to validate the claim. There was nothing about the strangers' mannerisms that showed any intent on dropping it on his own, after all.
Remus tipped his chin upward, a vague nod towards the sky. “Up there.”

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:47 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius nodded eagerly at that, the startlingly white hair falling around his face as he did. He just felt relieved that his story seemed to make more sense now and that he just had to answer follow up questions.
“Yeah, from up there,” Sirius said, nodding upwards as well. He had lived his entire life in the sky and now he was more than ready to figure out what earth had to offer as well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:38 pm 

Remus blinked, finding it unexpectedly difficult to maintain a critical line of questioning with someone so earnest. It was disarming, and he felt the argument deflate the longer Sirius smiled at him, too-bright for it to feel entirely human.
Remus stalled, his lips parted as he struggled to think of what else to say.
“Do you mind if I check?” he eventually asked, his voice almost juvenile. “Sirius.”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:22 pm 

Sirius couldn’t exactly blame Remus for wanting to check that a star really was missing, and he found it extremely exciting that this human apparently knew the skies well enough that he felt confident that he would indeed notice. It made Sirius grin wider, desperately excited to get to see the process Remus had in checking the skies.
“Can I watch?” Sirius immediately asked rather than providing an answer. He really had little to no idea how on earth Remus did it, but he was very keen to learn it.
“I want to see how you do it.”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:51 pm 

Remus’ eyes darted to James, almost hoping he’d intervene, but found no help there. It was becoming increasingly clear that James had brought the stranger there with some expectation that Remus was in any way an expert - in stars, maybe, but not the personification of one.
Defeated, he shifted his weight for a moment before turning, accepting the course of the evening.
“Don’t touch anything,” he muttered, back turned to the two men, as he began the climb to his perch. The equipment he owned was modest but was, by his standards, irreplaceably expensive and he had no interest in further souring his evening.
The workplace had been a precarious remodelling of the cottage, and though Remus had intended to have stairs built, it had never been completed, and the steps up were now nothing more than a few intentionally bare spots among cluttered chests and drawers.
Once up, Remus stretched to open another hutch, this one facing south.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:53 pm 

Sirius was positively vibrating with excitement at the prospect of getting to see Remus work, very keen to be on his best behaviour for this. After all, he didn’t want to do anything to make Remus not trust him, also feeling desperate to get to know the man he had been watching for so long.
“I won’t don’t worry,” Sirius said with a wide grin, completely unable to hide even a singular emotion that he was experiencing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:56 pm 

Remus had spent the past few, clear evenings observing the Andromeda cluster to the north, trying to improve the quality of his sketches of the stars; he hadn’t looked south in days, and as he shifted his workspace, he felt a knot form in the back of his throat.
Sirius, if there, ought to be visible with the bare eye but Remus felt dizzy at the prospect of leaving any room for errors. With his nerves already on his sleeves, he believed something as simple as a slight overcast clouding the constellation would be enough to make his heart stop.
Glancing off the platform down onto the two men, Remus clenched his jaw and began unscrewing the axis of his telescope to turn it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:34 am 

Gingerly, almost as if he was afraid of doing something wrong, but also feeling confirmed after having received an approving nod from James, Sirius followed Remus upstairs. He was very interested in seeing how he worked and how he was able to know so much of the stars.
As he made it upstairs, it immediately became difficult to keep his promise to Remus of not touching anything. He had never seen anything like it before and he wanted to explore so bad, but he also wanted to be allowed to keep watching.
Instead, he turned his full attention to Remus, who already seemed to be at work, clearly having done the exact thing millions of times before.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:29 am 

Remus’ eyes darted to the stranger, a brief flash of discomfort passing through his expression; to him, the plea not to touch anything had included an order to stay put.
Eventually deciding it wouldn’t be worth the energy to impose proper boundaries upon a man who carried himself so completely unaware of himself, Remus simply returned to his work, eyes dipping to the bolt he was unscrewing. It brought an awkwardness to Remus’ movements, not used to carrying out his work under such great scrutiny.
Silence once again fell over the cottage, the only thing audible being the clicks of the telescope as it rotated. Up until then, Remus had barely glanced out of the ceiling hutch, mouth dry and uncomfortable.
When he did, his expression remained blank, entirely uneventful as he scanned the night sky for the Big Dog, hand on his equipment to do the necessary adjustments.
A sense of dread finally got a hold of his throat, a horrible realisation of the fact that the constellation had become indistinguishable against the night sky, the stars lost to him.
It made Remus glance over at the blond man beside him, and for the first time yet, there was a flicker of fright in his expression as he did. Clumsily, Remus abandoned the telescope to instead climb onto his desk, intent on crawling onto the roof.
“Come,” he ordered as he pulled himself through the hutch, decisive despite the slight shake of his voice.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:29 pm 

Sirius had been watching keenly as Remus had adjusted the telescope and looked at the night sky. His movements were clearly indicative of someone who had done this plenty of times before, knowing exactly how to adjust to get to see exactly what he was looking for.
It left Sirius a little in awe and even more keen on getting to know him and his work.
Once Remus looked up from the telescope to instead look on Sirius, Sirius was still smiling at him. He wanted to know what the other man was thinking, but it didn’t seem like it was appropriate to ask.
Instead, eager to please, Sirius followed Remus up to the roof.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:55 pm 

Remus’ roof wasn’t particularly suited for stargazing, the slope of the roof quickly becoming awkward to stand on. Despite that, Remus didn’t even look at the stranger as he climbed up, let alone offer him a helping hand.
Remus’ eyes were on the sky, scanning the sky for a constellation he had lost.
“Where’s the big dog?” he asked, not looking at the man besides not, unable to stomach it. There was a creeping sense of dread knowing he had lost sight of an entire constellation, and even more so knowing it was undoubtedly due to the lack of the brightest star in it. Remus was horrible, terribly aware of the fact that the surrounding few stars were insignificant, the pattern of a dog only recognisable on the night sky when Sirius shined at its neck.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:50 pm 

The climb to the roof hadn’t been too difficult, and Sirius had felt thrilled in getting to see more things. He looked attentively at the stars, his pale hair and skin shining almost as bright as his fellow brethren in the sky.
It wasn’t difficult for Sirius to locate his old home, knowing instinctively where he belonged. It was a fail safe in him, knowing exactly where to go in case he should want to go home.
“Right there,” Sirius stated, grin wide, as he moved to stand directly behind Remus. He figured that it was probably slightly harder to spot the constellation now that Sirius himself wasn’t in it, but Sirius would recognise those particular stars any day.
He moved his arm such that his elbow was resting on Remus’ shoulder as he pointed out the constellation, drawing it out with his finger in the air in front of them.
“Just where it’s always been.”

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:46 pm 

Despite years of practice balancing on the rickety roof of his cottage, Remus nearly knocked himself over. The sudden proximity made him whip around, almost slipping on the shingles as he did; while he had so far avoided looking directly at the strange man James had brought to his house, Remus now desperately needed him properly in his sight.
The man was even more luminous under the open sky, pale white in a way no human ought to be - not while alive, anyway. It made a shiver run down his spine, suddenly struck with an urge to run. Remus’ eyes shifted across his features as if they would reveal something he already had an inkling of.
“What are you?” he demanded, though his voice was low and filled with tension and dread. He wasn’t actually sure he wanted to know.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:57 pm 

Remus’ apparent shock took Sirius a little aback, having felt absolutely certain that they had already concluded what he was. It was difficult to get clever about humans like that, but Sirius was ready to take it slowly and give all of them the time they needed to realise reality.
“I am a star,” Sirius stated matter of factly, as if it was the most natural thing in the world. He knew what he was and he felt absolutely certain that Remus knew as well, he just had to take some time to really and properly accept it.
“You have seen me so many times, you should know better than anyone,” Sirius explained, unsure why Remus couldn’t recognise him, but maybe that was a human thing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:12 pm 

Sirius’ insistence that Remus knew him kept taking him aback. Certainly, Remus was aware of the existence of a star dubbed Sirius, but there was no recognition in seeing the man before him, who remained insistent on the fact that he was one and the same.
He felt at a loss, trapped in a situation he’d rather much prefer to be without.
“Why are you here?” he reiterated; he should probably have known better than to insist on Sirius answering the same fruitless question.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:00 pm 

The question made absolutely no sense to Sirius, having thought that the answer would be obvious for anyone to see. Sirius had been so taken with the human world, especially with Remus, who seemed to be the only one to truly care about Sirius’ world, that he just had to fall.
“Because I wanted to meet you,” Sirius stated in that same matter of fact tone, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, and to him it really was.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:46 pm 

Quite frankly, nothing could have prepared Remus for that answer. It was simply incomprehensible, nonsensical in a way that made him both want to laugh and cry all at once. Flattering as it might have been, Remus felt awkward in his own skin, uncertain about the intent of Sirius’ words - much less what he was supposed to answer.
He simply blinked, trying to make sense of the odd man in front of him.
“Let’s go back inside,” he eventually muttered, urging Sirius back towards the hutch. Despite being early summer, the night air still had an icy bite, and Remus felt like the wind was going right through him. It felt pointless circling back through the same points, though Remus was desperate to know to what extent Sirius knew him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:25 am 

Sirius merrily did as he was told, climbing down inside again, completely blind to the cold but easily able to feel the warmth of the cottage. It did nothing to change his pale disposition, no blush crawling over his cheeks as it likely would have done on a regular human being.
Sirius didn’t seem perturbed by this, instead just crawling further down and joining James to where they had started. Even with what little Sirius knew of humans, he figured that REmus would not want to be completely alone with him anymore.