All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:05 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Liking to have an easy task ahead of him, Draco started measuring the coffee grounds into the mug in front of him. Soon, Sirius placed the toast in front of him as well and Draco already felt more at ease, a sense of normalcy washing over him.
“None, I don’t have classes today,” Draco stated, as he reached for the orange jam and started spreading it on the pieces of bread in front of him. He really hoped that he wasn’t keeping Sirius away from anything that he wanted to be doing, because the last thing he wanted to be was a nuisance. He had forced himself onto his estranged cousin, and he wanted to make sure that he wasn’t too much.
“I can always go to a library and keep myself entertained for a couple of hours, if you have somewhere that you need to be,” Draco offered, fully understanding if Sirius needed him out of his hair.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:05 am 

Sirius acknowledged Draco’s answer with a little hum before leaving the tableside for the kettle as the water finally boiled.
Classes or not, it was probably a good call for Draco to stay out of the limelight. He could, however, not help but notice the subtle giveaways of Draco’s phrasing, the small but noticeable way his default had become staying here for the day.
“No need,” Sirius assured him as he returned, reaching over to fill Draco’s mug, not accounting for space for milk. His eyes remained downturned as he continued, refilling his own discarded mug. “I might have to head into work at some point today, but you’re more than welcome to come along.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:26 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco softly stirred the instant coffee in with the boiling water, liking the repetitive motion that made him feel like he had some level of purpose. He sincerely hoped that he hadn’t been to presumptuous in assuming that he would be able to stay, if only for the rest of the day, but it didn’t seem like Sirius had any protests against it.
“What do you do?” He asked, taking a sip from his coffee before even touching his food; it was far more needed in that moment. He knew that he still had a phone that he was going to have to face eventually, but for now the task of breakfast seemed easier.
“I don’t think you ever told me,” he added, feeling fairly certain that that was something he would have remembered.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:21 am 

Having brought the grounds to the table, Sirius reached for the coaster already on the table to place the kettle on, making it easier for Draco to help himself to a second serving.
“I might not’ve,” he agreed, eyes darting to Draco as he took a seat, not wanting to give Draco the impression that he had been an inattentive guest. It didn’t usually come up on the first night; after all, Sirius’ career was usually much less relevant to their situation as Remus’ was.
He reached for the tea box, picking himself another bag of Earl Grey. “I restore and repair vintage motorcycles.”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:32 am 

Somehow the answer was both surprising and completely predictable.
It just made sense to Draco that his cousin would be having an occupation that was more practical, especially something that would cause great scorn in the Black family. It made Draco appreciate him even more, knowing that he had never even tried to have or do something that the family would consider appropriate.
“Yeah?” He asked, sipping his coffee, finding that the older man hadn’t gotten less interesting by the light of day. If anything, Draco felt better equipped to hear about him and his life now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:29 pm 

Sirius glanced intermittently at Draco as he prepared himself another tea; every time he looked at his cousin, his smile grew wider.
“What d’you make of it?” he asked, not out of ill will but out of curiosity. Draco’s reaction had been hard to read, and Sirius knew and had confirmed that Draco’s mother, just like Sirius’ had indoctrinated that higher education was the only option.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:50 pm 

The question took Draco slightly aback, feeling uncertain what kind of answer Sirius could possibly want from him. Even if Sirius had been nothing but kind to him, it was difficult for Draco to not feel that questions like that were trick questions with the sole purpose of putting him in a bad situation. He doubted that that was what Sirius was doing, but it was a feeling that was difficult to shake.
“I am not sure I am making anything of it,” Draco admitted, still finding the situation to be overwhelming and was mostly just trying to find his footing in the entire thing.
“Other than I think that it makes sense with what I know about you.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:53 pm 

Sirius couldn’t help but laugh at the sheer amount of restraint Draco showed when choosing his words. While he would never say it out loud, it momentarily showed that Draco was the son of a politician.
“Yeah?” Sirius inquired with interest, a smile still on his lips. It hadn’t been intended as a trick question; at least not in the sense that Draco could have said anything that would be considered a wrong answer. “I’ll take that as a compliment.”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:34 pm 

Hearing Sirius laugh at his answer made Draco relax slightly more and he could feel his shoulders fall back down again. He had spent a lifetime carefully weighing his words and making sure that nothing in his body language nor tone would give him away. It was slowly becoming clear to him that he wouldn’t need to do that around Sirius, but that was definitely easier said than that.
“I intended it as one,” Draco stated, a soft smile on his lips as he took another sip of coffee.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:18 pm 

Sirius’ smile was wide and toothy by the time it became obscured by the rim of his mug, as he, too, took a drink. Though Sirius, independently of anybody’s opinions on the matter, felt great pride and satisfaction in his work, there was a particular kind of validation in hearing that from a blood relative. He was, after all, certain his mother would disown him all over again if she had ever gotten the chance to witness what Sirius had done of himself and with his education.
“It offers pretty flexible hours, is what it does,” he carried on, better to the point at hand, as he lowered his mug back onto the table. “I’m not in any rush to leave.”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:04 pm 

Hearing Sirius talk of his work made Draco feel even more intrigued by the man.
Even if it was so clearly a choice that Sirius had taken and one that he was happy with, Draco couldn’t imagine that it would have been easy to be a gay man in a world like that. Yet still, it was clear to Draco that Sirius didn’t feel any discomfort in talking about his work, which also helped to give Draco hope for his own future.
“No reason to rush from something that works for you,” he observed, finding it obvious that this was the best for Sirius.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:14 am 

Sirius’ brows quirked in an unspoken agreement; he had made the switch from general mechanics to motorcycles about a decade ago, and the more niche the subject matter seemed to become, the more he had come to enjoy himself.
“I have one of my own,” he said with a nod towards the windows; though these only overlooked the sunken light terrace, Sirius was making reference to the garage in the back end of the garden somewhere above them. “She’s a rescue, too, but she’s been done since I was around your age.”
For all that mattered, that was the truth, though the restoration of a bike Sirius’ own age never felt quite finished. He had only really learned to mend it professionally years after he’d started tinkering with it.
“Your ma ever let you ride one?” he grinned after a pause, eyes returning onto Draco over the rim of his mug.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:00 pm 

The way Sirius talked about his motorcycle made Draco smile, always enjoying seeing people passionate about something, and there was no doubt in his mind that Sirius loved the bike greatly. It was endearing in a way, making Draco want to hear him talk about motorcycles forever, even if he understood absolutely nothing about them.
The question made Draco grin as well as shake his head. He could tell by Sirius’ grin that he knew it to be a silly question, both of them familiar enough with Draco’s mother to know that there was no way in hell that she would ever allow that.
“You’ve met my mum,” Draco stated, taking a sip from his coffee as he took in the older man. “You know she would never.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:58 pm 

Sirius huffed, the sound amplified by the mug still at his lip. No, he certainly had not expected Narcissa to grow an affinity for motorcycles in the passing lifetime, but Sirius couldn’t speak on the behalf of Draco’s paternal family.
“Let me know if you’d ever want to,” he offered easily, almost casually. There was something cliché about the offer, Sirius realized that; a silly symbolism to a fresh start, oddly simplistic given the fact that Draco’s entire existence was likely scrutinized on any major tabloid as they spoke.
“I bought her as soon as I could,” Sirius added, the subtle acknowledgement of the fact that he had defied his parents in one way and hadn’t stopped to respect any other rule they had imposed on him.
He smiled, also wanting to offer Draco a way out. “Or we can take the underground to work just as fine.”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:16 pm 

Draco had never really felt the need to rebel, having always feared the consequences of a rebellion far too much to even consider things like motorcycles and the like. However, now that he knew that it was already too late, he couldn’t help but feel a little intrigued by it all.
After all, Sirius seemed like a safe bet to get a ride from, Draco judging that the way he was talking about his motorcycle spoke of great respect. It seemed very likely that this level of respect would translate into how he rode the bike, which made Draco feel less scare at the prospect.
“I wouldn’t be opposed,” Draco stated, finally digging into the toast, not that he had a lot of appetite, but he felt like he should eat something.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:34 am 

The corners of Sirius’ mouth upturned in a little, pleased smile. A thoughtless response to Draco starting on his breakfast, Sirius leaned back in his chair, offering some symbolic space between them, and Sirius himself didn’t have a second serving.
“You can just let me know,” he assured. Sirius had little interest in rushing Draco through his day. “If I make it to the shop before five it should do it.”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:10 pm 

_____
After breakfast, Draco retreated to the room he had been sleeping in and had finally managed to face his phone.
Just as he had suspected, his phone had been blown up with texts and missed calls, both from friends and from distant study buddies the like. It was nauseating and Draco had immediately wanted to put the phone back down.
The only person he had managed to answer was Pansy, giving her a call to let her know that he was still alive and well. His conversation with Pansy had helped him get slightly more grounded in the situation, glad that she agreed that it seemed to be his best bet to stay with Sirius and Remus for a bit, at least until the media frenzy had slowed down slightly.
He had also managed to send a quick text to boyfriend, who seemed more pleased by the situation than what Draco liked to think about.
It was something that he had managed to put out of his mind by the time he had agreed to go to the garage with Sirius, needing to think of something that wasn’t the deep mess he was in.

It was different to see Sirius at the garage, not that he knew the man all that well just yet, but to see him in a context that was so different intrigued Draco. He wanted to make the most of his time with his estranged cousin and he wanted to get to know him as well as he could.
They had a whole lifetime to make up for after all and that’s why it bothered Draco even more to have to take Peter’s call.
He knew that his boyfriend wasn’t going to let it go until he had managed to get a hold of Draco, but Draco really wasn’t in the mood to talk with anyone. However, he had managed to smooth things out and convince Peter that he was in a good place and that he was safe.
This made him feel slightly more rattled upon returning to Sirius’ work place, somehow feeling as if more eyes were on him than before, but he figured that that was just an illusion.
“Sorry ‘bout that,” Draco stated, as he sat back down in the chair that he had occupied before. “The boyfriend.”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:23 pm 

The motorcycle Sirius had been working on for the past few weeks was to be collected by its owner in the morning. The engine had already been running smoothly when Sirius left it yesterday, and the only thing on the agenda today had been to reassemble the seat and wipe her down. It hadn’t been a tedious task, but Draco had seemed quietly at ease in the shop, so Sirius had messed about only to extend their afternoon.
He had the bike lifted, the pedals at eye level when Draco returned from taking a call.
“Yeah?” he prompted. His eyes did not leave the chain as he greased it, though it was impossible not to be interested in the first real mention of Draco’s boyfriend. Given the context, Sirius had found him an uncannily silent actor in the play, but Draco hadn’t yet shared, so Sirius hadn’t brought it up.
Now, however, it was difficult not to.
“What does he make of everything?”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:09 pm 

Despite knowing that Sirius meant well, Draco still feel a knot in his stomach at the question. He always felt weird about talking about Peter, and being forcibly outed hadn’t really done much to change his stance on it, but he wanted to be open to Sirius.
“I don’t know, he’s relieved, I guess,” Draco stated, not wanting to make Peter seem like a bad guy, but it was difficult to not be bitter about the fact that his boyfriend didn’t seem to understand the gravity of the situation.
“He essentially said that we finally can stop hiding around,” Draco added, unsure how else to properly put it. It wasn’t like Peter was wrong after all, but Draco knew that he really had to frame of reference for what Draco was going through.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:29 pm 

Though Sirius’ work remained uninterrupted, he huffed a response. The sound was short of a laugh, but not made out of ill will, either. Sirius had simply been caught by Draco’s phrasing, finding that to be an odd attempt to soothe the anxiety and tension Sirius had experienced in Draco first hand. Draco didn’t feel any more at ease than when he had left.
“Yeah?” he repeated. Sirius probably couldn’t fault the man’s reaction; Relief was, after all, a finicky emotion that often came ill-timed.
Abandoning the oil cloth on a tray table beside him, Sirius rolled his seat off to one side of the bike, allowing him to at the very least glance over at Draco from time to time.
“His fokes didn’t know either?” he asked as he rolled the wheel to feel the tension of the chain, keeping his voice intentionally easy despite the topic they were discussing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next