All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:34 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

It made Draco feel a little weary to be offered to stay the night, not because he didn’t trust nor like the two men, but mostly because he felt like they had already done too much. He didn’t doubt for a second that they were genuine in their offer for ham to stay, having already found that they were just those kinds of people who would offer something like that.
However, Draco also liked the idea of not having to find a hotel, and maybe even dealing with other reporters who would like a word, once the article from the sun got published.
If he stayed with Sirius and Remus, he knew for certain that nobody would be able to find him.
“Are you sure?” Draco asked, already knowing what their answer was going to be, but he still felt like he should ask. In fact, he felt like he probably should fight it a bit more, maybe insist that he could stay at a hotel for the night, but the more he thought of it, the more the idea of staying at a place where no one would find him seemed to appeal to him.
“I don’t want to be a bother.”

Despite how much older than their usual fosters Draco was, Remus could suddenly see the exact same bodylanguage in the young man in front of them. It was absolutely obvious to anyone looking at him that he didn’t want to be a bother, and Remus couldn’t think of anything further away from the truth.
It would literally be the easiest thing in the world for them to prepare a guest room and just let Draco stay the night with them.
“I think it would bother us more if you were to return to an unsafe situation,” Remus stated, running his thumb over Sirius’ knuckles, assuming that his husband would agree with him.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:49 pm 

The knowledge that Draco’s confidant lived in France and the possibility that his partner might not yet know about the situation made Sirius nod that more eagerly when Remus assured Draco that he was welcome to stay.
“Here, let me show you to a room,” Sirius followed up, the gentle tone of his voice not properly reflecting that Draco had only barely accepted the invitation Remus had extended to him.
Using Remus to steady himself as he rose, he remained at eye level to Remus, allowing him to smile a few parting words to his husband.
“I’m leaving you the dishes,” he grinned, petting an encouragement to Remus’ shoulder before withdrawing completely.
His attention then turned to Draco, a good spirited smile still ghosting the corners of his lips.
“If nothing else, then to show you around your ancestral house,” he expanded, almost a joke to his voice as he approached Draco by the stairs, urging him to ascend them. “Your grandfather was raised here.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:03 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco had only barely accepted the offer to stay, having not actually given confirmation that he intended to stay at the town house. However, the two men had made the decision for him, something that was somewhat of a relief to Draco, who was completely over making decisions for the day.
The easy intimacy between the two men kept taking Draco aback. It wasn’t too much or in his face, clearly just a habit that had been developing over years of being together. It made Draco feel quite emotional, but he didn’t allow himself to linger on it, knowing that he would use get upset.
“Thank you,” Draco muttered, knowing that they likely wouldn’t allow him to apologise again. Still, he couldn’t help but feel that he already owed the two men a tremendous favour, even if he new that this kind of favour could never be returned.
“I’ll look forward to it.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:06 pm 

Sirius squeezed a stolen reassurance to Draco’s upper arm as he passed him to climb the stairs.
His words had perhaps been an overstatement, the house too thoroughly Sirius’ and Remus’ for there to be any real trace of the generations that preceded them. He had, however, found comfort in the sense of belonging there was in having a home, and Sirius wanted to extend that gesture to Draco, who might just have lost any sense of connection to his childhood home.
“We have a garden out back,” Sirius offered, if nothing else then to break the silence as he made it to the landing.
He slowed his pace, but didn’t immediately stop, eyes on Draco as he tried to gauge his level of interest. “Bedroom’s are upstairs.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:52 pm 

A sudden wave of exhaustion overcame Draco as they left the kitchen, making him realise just how tense he had been all day, and how he only now felt like he could even somehow relax. As he trailed behind Sirius on the stairs, humming softly at the statements he was making, Draco tried to imagine the place occupied by the other part of the Black family, but to no avail.
There was absolutely no doubt in his mind that this house belonged to Sirius and Remus, something that spoke to the more spiteful part of him.
“That sounds lovely,” Draco stated, a little unsure of what was expected of him. He was genuinely interested in seeing the house, but was having a hard time sorting through all of his emotions for the day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:26 am 

Sirius thought he could see the exhaustion settle over Draco the further away they came from the kitchen. It made his expression soften with compassion. Despite his age, Draco’s reaction was still in line with what Sirius had come to expect.
“Up this way,” he encouraged softly, climbing the stairs to the first floor from the foyer, where they had stood hours ago.
As with similar houses of the same period, the floors were small, and the first only contained the master, a bedroom and Remus’ repurposed study from the old family library. Without burdening Draco with any further small talk, Sirius continued up the stairs to the second floor.
The top floor of the house, the lack of ascending stairs allowed for a fourth bedroom, three of which were designated guest rooms; the fourth, Regulus’ childhood bedroom, was Harry’s.
Sirius opened the adjacent door, overlooking the garden as well, but didn’t step inside.
“This should be ready,” Sirius said, an almost timid smile on his lips. “You’re welcome to have a look around.”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:41 pm 

Once again, the kindness that seemed to just reside in the two men completely overwhelmed Draco, finding that it had to be a symbol of kindness, to have guest rooms prepared like this.
Once he entered the room he was being shown, it was clear that they were made for staying more than one night, while definitely being temporary. They were clearly made for living and it made Draco feel ever warmer towards Sirius and Remus. The home was so clearly theirs and yet they found it to make space for others.
“Thanks,” Draco said again, unable to shake the feeling of being at least somewhat of a bother, but a part of him told him that insisting that he would be out early the next morning wouldn’t be a good move.
“It looks lovely,” he added, taking a brief look out of the view and getting a look of their garden, which was equally as lovely, and clearly equally as used, as the house.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:10 pm 

Sirius paused in the doorway, wanting to give Draco enough space to settle himself. The room had once been Sirius’, and whenever a child was staying in it, Sirius tried to see the room through their eyes rather than from memory; he found that with each foster, the memories of his own childhood became muddled.
“Thank you,” he simply responded, that being a story for another time. With a delay, he smiled, shifting his posture as he took a step backwards and out of the room.
“There’s a bathroom here to the right, the ones across are bedrooms, too, but nobody else’s here,” he felt the need to clarify. The house held 5 guests not including Harry’s room, the two bedrooms facing the street twin rooms. “Help yourself to anything you can find or need; towels or toiletries.”
His attention had drifted down the hallway, and with it his gaze; he made a conscious decision to look back at Draco, a smile to his lips. “Otherwise I’ll just give you a moment. Please make yourself at home.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:54 am 

______
Draco woke up with a lingering sense of dread.
His phone was looming at him from the side table, placed with the screen down and set to do not disturb, Draco having feared that his phone would start going of the second the article hit The Sun in the morning.
Not daring to see if his suspicions were correct just yet, Draco got out of bed, leaving the phone on the table as he went to the window. He had no idea what time it was, but it seemed to still be fairly early in the morning.
When he stopped and listened for a moment, he felt that he could hear movement in the house, figuring that Remus and Sirius were already up. It made sense, with Remus being a teacher and the two men seemed to be the types to get up early, just so they could eat breakfast together.
Turning away from the window, Draco got dressed in the slacks he had worn the day before, but put on a fresh shirt, which he had had enough foresight to actually pack. Most of his things were still at his flat, but he didn’t have the courage to face that just yet. Instead, he decided to leave his phone in the room and gingerly move downstairs, where the voices and the puttering around got louder.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:30 am 

By now only doing speciality work, Sirius could allow himself more flexible hours at the shop. It wasn’t usually something he utilized much, preferring to start his day with Remus, but he relished it on days like these.
To no real surprise, Draco hadn’t left his room once Sirius had left him there. Sirius had found that to be well deserved, and though that meant Sirius had gone to bed not knowing Draco’s plans for the day, he was happy to be able to capitalize on his own flexible working hours.
He saw Remus away from their front door.
“I’ll try and call you at lunch,” he called after Remus, a thoughtless addition, wanting to keep his husband posted as much as he could. “Love you.”

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:30 pm 

As Draco gingerly made his way downstairs, he heard Remus and Sirius telling their goodbyes, making him realise that he probably had been sleeping a lot longer than he thought he had. Then again, he had no real idea of when exactly their days started, so it might still be early, but there was no clock easily available for him to read, so he felt alright in not knowing.
He had just reached the top of the last set of stairs when he heard the door slam and soon he was able to see just Sirius standing in the hall. The sight of the still relative stranger filled Draco with a wide array of different emotions, and he had no real hold of where one started and the other ended.
“Good morning,” he said, his voice soft and slightly timid, feeling like he was infringing on a private movement, even if Remus had just left.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:35 pm 

Sirius instinctively glanced up the stairs at the sound of another voice, Draco’s presence not forgotten, but having found it difficult to anticipate. Even though Remus tended to leave early for his 8 a.m. class, Sirius doubted that Draco would make it to Oxford for any morning classes; they had simply decided to allot for as much time as Draco needed to brace himself for the day.
“Hey, kid,” Sirius greeted with a smile, turning in place to better address Draco without necessarily infringing on his personal space.
They didn’t keep The Sun, and Sirius didn’t particularly enjoy news radios, and so he looked at Draco without any knowledge of the change to his situation; his expression, subsequently, remained just as easy and open as yesterday. “How’re you holding up?”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:43 am 

Seeing Sirius still being at ease in the morning, clearly happy to see Draco again, made Draco relax more and allow his shoulders to fall slightly. Anything that was on his phone could wait until he had gotten a cup of coffee, that much he knew, but he appreciated that Sirius seemed to genuinely care.
“I haven’t checked my phone yet, so fine,” he stated, unsure what the older man would make of that statement, but he figured that it said enough.
He reached the landing, feeling slightly awkward on how to proceed, but mostly feeling like it had been the right decision to stay the night with Sirius and Remus.
“What time is it?”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:40 pm 

Though Sirius didn’t say it, he thought it a good idea for Draco to at least have breakfast before allowing The Sun to shatter his world.
“It’s around quarter past seven,” he said instead, a topic that was far more approachable. Remus left early for his 8am class, budgeting for time to talk with his students both before and after class.
For a moment, Sirius paused, allowing themselves room to interpret whether or not Draco was in a rush to leave. When that wasn’t immediately the impression Sirius got, he nodded off to one side.
“Come along, breakfast’s still on the table,” he encouraged, having not spent any time tidying. “You should eat.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:30 am 

The parental energy that Sirius seemed to just exude made Draco feel greatly cared for, feeling good about having trusted him with this and having even thought to find him. It seemed more and more like the right choice the more time he got to spend with his cousin and it it helped to ease some of Draco’s anxiety.
“Thanks,” he said in a soft voice, greatly appreciating the offer. He knew that it wouldn’t fix everything, but he did feel like he would be more ready to face whatever messages were waiting for him after breakfast.
With som level of familiarity, Draco went downstairs to the kitchen, feeling just comfortable enough to go down there, but only after Sirius had even brought breakfast on the table.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:32 pm 

As they descended the stairs, Sirius had already decided not to press for information. Draco seemed, so far, to be coherent and in good spirits, and Sirius was willing to accept that as sufficient. Everything else could come later.
He urged Draco to take a seat, muesli, jams and cheeses still littering the table. Sirius himself stepped closer, only to pick up Remus’ discarded bowl; with it in hand, he paused to look at Draco.
“What’s your fancy?” he said, a little movement of his wrist drawing attention to the bowl, a contrast to Sirius' own plate. “We’ve got either toast or yoghurt.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:49 am 

The kitchen seemed just as homey as Draco had remembered it the night before, a sense of calm and warmth sinking over him as he took a seat at the table again. Food wasn’t really something that had been on his mind, having mostly just wanted to get coffee, but maybe it wasn’t a bad idea to actually get something to eat.
“Toast, thanks” he stated, glad that Sirius seemed to take so much care of him and want what was best for him. It was a lot to take in, but Draco tried to just enjoy it.
“And coffee if you have it.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:39 pm 

Sirius nodded, stepping away from the table. “You got it.”
Making toast was wonderfully easy to do, and something he felt quite sure Draco wouldn’t have done for himself. Despite Draco’s age, he felt himself reverting to the same patterns of care and attention he displayed to kids much younger than him; it had certainly been years since he’d made Harry toast, but the thought of leaving Draco to fend for himself made Sirius’ heart ache.
Putting over toast and water was quickly done.
“Milk?” he asked, glancing over at Draco as he picked another mug off the shelf.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:17 pm 

It almost felt a little too much for Draco to allow Sirius to prepare him breakfast like this, but he also felt certain that Sirius would dismiss him if he was to offer to help, so he didn’t.
“Black, thanks,” Draco stated, a soft and grateful smile on his lips as he did so. There was a peace in knowing that he could just hide in the small town home for a while and not having to think too much about what lay ahead of him.
“I am not keeping you from starting your day, am I?” Draco felt the need to ask, realising that he didn’t actually know what Sirius was doing for a living.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:45 pm 

Not great coffee drinkers, Sirius simply offered Draco a mug and a jar of instant coffee as he waited for the water to boil.
“Not at all,” he assured him, sending Draco an almost boyish smile as he once again stepped away from the table at the sound of the toaster going off. “The day starts when we want it to start.”
Picking out the two slices of bread out of the toaster and onto a plate, Sirius offered them to Draco. This time, he stalled at the table, his pause filled by the increasingly louder rumble of the water heating behind him.
“How about yours?” he eventually asked, gentler, as to neither pry or pressure Draco into sharing his expectations for the day. “Have you made any plans?”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next