All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:18 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Draco was really bad at handling last minute changes of plans.
He had always blamed his parents for this, what with them having planned his life down to the tiniest detail for as long as he remembered, however it was likely just the way that he was. So when Sirius had texted him to tell him that he was early and picking him up at school rather than just meeting him in front of his flat, Draco nearly had a panic attack.
It wasn’t that Draco didn’t want to be seeing with Sirius, but he really could live without getting further questions from his fellow students.
Thus, it was with a certain sense of intimidation that Draco went out to find Sirius after his final lecture of the day.
Luckily, this wasn’t very difficult, seeing as there was only one van parked on the entire campus.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:25 pm 

As soon as Sirius saw Draco, a smile tugged at his lips.
“Need a ride?” he greeted, not a care in the world. He saw the tension in Draco’s expression even yards away, but he couldn’t relate, cheery at the prospect of getting Draco into a more stable environment.
Sirius’ hand had been resting on the still-ajar car door, but as his cousin approached him, he pulled it open in an invitation.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:10 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

It only took actually seeing Sirius for Draco to relax again, having not realised just how much he had needed the reminder that he wasn’t going through this alone. He had been stressing out about going back to the flat, not finding it homely in any way anymore, but he also wanted to get his stuff back.
Thus, he really appreciated the support he continuously got from Sirius.
“You offering?” He asked with a soft smile.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:50 pm 

Sirius’ smile widened into a toothy grin, happy to see Draco ease up. It wasn’t that he could blame him. Depending on how many things Draco needed to move, it wasn’t guaranteed they could bring it all back on a single trip. Sirius could imagine it to be stressful.
He didn’t speak on it, much more interested in keeping Draco’s spirits up.
“Of course,” he smiled, an answer to a question that had undoubtedly been rhetorical. “Though I’m not driving.”
Pushing the door further open, Sirius nodded inside the van, stepping aside to ease the line of sight.
“My godson Harry’ll be helping us out with the van today.”

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:29 am 

Draco had no idea what he had expected from Sirius’ godson, hell he hadn’t even known that the mysterious Harry was Sirius’ godson before right this second, however nothing could have prepared him for what he saw. There was a brief flicker of recognition for Draco and that was when he realised that Harry with his dark brown skin, unruly dark hair and piercing green eyes, appeared on several of the picture back at Grimmauld place.
“Hullo,” Draco stated with a soft, rather awkward wave into the van. There was no doubt that Draco found him attractive, something that always came with a huge wave of shame and a desire to hide his face in his hands. It was going to be a hard habit to break, if he was ever going to be able to.
“Thanks for helping me,” he added, trying to compose himself, but he could feel his cheeks heat up the longer he spoke.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:53 am 

Even if he hadn’t already been told that Sirius and Draco were related, Harry felt sure he could have figured it out on his own. The familiarity between the two men as they both stood peering into the van was striking - even more so than expected - and Harry could do little else but to laugh, taken aback.
“Hi Draco,” he greeted with a toothy smile, finding it pointless to pretend Sirius hadn’t already introduced Draco to Harry on their drive here.
A thoughtless attempt to remedy the inherent awkwardness of their position, Harry reached over to dial down the volume of the music still playing on the radio. When he relaxed back into his seat, he had turned better towards the two men, his shoulders resting against the driver’s side door.
“‘happy to,” he assured.

Taking the decision out of Draco’s hands, Sirius already stepped halfway up on the footbar of the van.
“Are you alright carrying your bag?” he questioned, as he sat down on the edge of the seat. With a little nod, Sirius gestured backwards into the vast void that was the van’s hold. “I think it’s gunna be safer here in the cab, anyway.”

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:41 pm 

Of course he was even more attractive when he laughed, Draco noted much to his chagrin.
Despite being extremely grateful for the help that he was receiving, Draco already dreaded being around the other man. It was a huge help to him, and he genuinely didn’t know what he would have done without that help, but being left without knowing what to do with this attraction that still felt forbidden to him was making his head hurt.
“I’m alright,” Draco stated, even if that hadn’t been what the question was.
Trying to distract himself, Draco simply climbed into the car after Sirius, glad to have the buffer between himself and Harry, even if he knew that it likely meant nothing. He was just a friendly guy who happened to be attractive.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:19 pm 

___

The day had gone much better than expected. Harry couldn’t say he had spent a lot of time thinking about the greater context of the trip, but he could tell in the ease Sirius had displayed on their way back that it had been a good day.
As soon as the last load had been packed into the van, Sirius had been quick to turn up the volume on the radio, and the music had been playing for the duration of their drive back to London.
It had always been like this, ever since Harry could remember; snickering half-conversations between songs played and songs sung.
Eventually, Harry had to turn it down to focus on the narrow turn into the garden alley behind the terraced houses on Grimmauld.
“Can you see better like that?” Sirius challenged with a grin, already reaching to turn the volume back up.
“Sod off,” Harry sputtered with a laugh, trying desperately not to nick either fences or garbage cans. He only barely glanced towards his godfather. “You try parking this thing.”

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:26 pm 

Just as Draco had thought that he was comfortable around Sirius, he was suddenly faced with the prospect of having to be comfortable around Sirius and Harry at the same time. It had completely done his head in and Draco had spent most of their trip back from Oxford in silence, just trying not to make himself too noticeable, even if he was the sole reason for their trip.
Over the duration of their trip though, Draco had quickly realised that the two men seemed to share more of a father/son bond than he would normally expect from godfather and godson. Maybe it was just because he had never been particularly close with his own godparents.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:06 pm 

Humoured, Sirius leaned in closer to Draco with a grin to his lips, including him in the tease.
“Harry nicked the corner with the car we had when he was first learning to drive,” he offered as a context. He didn’t glance back at his godson when he huffed an unamused ha!, though it did make the corner of his mouth twitch.
Instead he tipped the chin, nodding towards the passenger’s side window. “If you look at that post you might still see a scape of red.”
“Never-ending,” Harry muttered, a laugh in his voice as he reluctantly put the van in reverse, accepting this to require a many-points turn. “Still here playing chauffeur to pay off that debt, aren’t I?”

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:13 pm 

There was something in the obvious ease between the two men that made Draco ache, desperately wanting to feel a part of something the way the two other men so clearly did. No matter how much Sirius tried to involve him right now, Draco knew that he would remain an outsider for now.
He nodded carefully at the story, managing a soft smile in return.
Harry’s driving from Oxford had been perfectly pleasant, but he was absolutely certain that Sirius was mostly just teasing his godson.
Draco himself didn’t drive, having gotten his license because his parents insisted, but had never felt the desire to do it more. By now, he hadn’t been behind the wheel of a car for so long that he barely even cared to think the thought.
“Well, I am grateful for it, could’ve never done it on my own.”j

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:45 pm 

Sirius’ eyes remained on Draco as Harry continued to ease the van around the tight corner of the end house’s brick garden fence; when Draco responded with far more emotion than expected, Sirius pulled a face, disagreeing.
“Of course you could’ve,” he encouraged, eyes briefly dipping to his hands, nail polish still helplessly chipped as he ran the pad of his thumb across it.
When he glanced back up at Draco he was smiling, taking the edge off his words. “But I’m glad we could help make it a bit easier.”

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:59 pm 

Once again it seemed like Sirius knew exactly what to say to make Draco feel more at ease with the entire thing. Rationally, Draco knew that he likely would have worked something out, had he not found Sirius, but having him really had made his life a whole lot easier.
“I’m very grateful,” Draco said with a warm smile, unable to show just how grateful he was in any other way. He just had to hope that Sirius would get it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:43 am 

Harry had dragged for the evening, not in any terrible rush to make his back west. While they had parked the van in the Grimmauld garage, they hadn’t finished emptying it completely. The can was the school’s, and Harry didn’t need it back until Sunday afternoon, so Sirius had promised he and Draco could finish unloading it on their own throughout the course of the weekend.
So, Harry sat comfortably in the lounge, no longer responsible for anything but backing out the van. He had reclaimed his choice of armchair, leg comfortably drawn up beneath him as he clued Sirius and Remus in on the ongoing debacle regarding his teaching curriculum.
“They decided in her favour, essentially,” he went on, thoughtlessly picking at the undone hem of his jeans, trying to undo a knot that had formed in the wash.
With a delay, a tug at the corner of his mouth made his smile go crooked, still humoured by the administrative attempt to stifle part of the material. He eventually ducked his head to look down at his hands, downplaying it with a shrug. “So yeah, anyway. It looks like I’ll be doing overtime for the next bit to figure out how to replace that.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:21 pm 

Ever since returning to Grimmauld Place, Draco had been fighting the feeling of being an intruder.
None of the three men had been anything but extremely kind to him still, but the bond that they shared was so apparent that it made Draco’s heart ache. They clearly belonged to each other and knew each other so deeply and Draco knew that he had never, and likely would never, been a part of something like that.
So he mostly observed, stayed in the background and watched as Sirius, Remus and Harry all talked together about their days. He had a cup of tea clutched in his hands, using it as a shield against the awkwardness he could feel creeping in over himself.

While it hadn’t actually been that long since he and Sirius had seen Harry, it felt like it had been ages. They had all been busy lately, so it had been a while since they had had Harry over, but now that he was back it felt just like yesterday.
“It’s disgraceful, honestly,” Remus stated, shaking his head. As a fellow educator, he knew just how exhausting it was to prepare lesson plans and he definitely felt for Harry that he was going to have to redo a large portion of them.
“They should have your back in a case like this”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:08 pm 

Harry made a face, sure that Remus would always have his back on this as a fellow educator, but their regard had little traction in the real world. Any deviation from a standard curriculum was bound to cause conflict to those who went out searching for it, and Harry could only hope to one day be as established and valued as Remus was at his school.
“What about you?” Harry asked into thin air, his face still ducked towards his ankles as he spoke. He only glanced up at Draco a moment after, wanting to make sure it came across that it was him he was addressing.
With a conscious effort to stop picking at loose threats, Harry unfurled himself, crossing his arms over his chest as he relaxed back into the seat. “What is it you do at Oxford, again?”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:02 pm 

Draco had been perfectly content with just listening in on the conversation going on around him, not feeling like he had much of an input to any of it. Thus it was quite jarring to him when Harry suddenly turned to him and included him in the conversation, feeling like he was left on unsteady ground.
“I study medicine,” he stated, slowly swirling the tea around in the mug he was holding, still feeling uncertain of what exactly to do with himself, but he was so endlessly thankful for what they were doing for him.
“I’m about to be a resident.”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:49 pm 

While Harry had often before spent time around the people Sirius and Remus had housed, they had all been kids, only a handful of them having ever been of legal age, and even then, only barely so. The mere fact that Draco was attending university was new in itself, but Harry realised he had still undershot Draco’s age by several years when he said he was heading into residency.
“Woah, really?” Harry said with a genuine sense of surprised admiration. Having already known that Draco was attending a prestigious university, it felt like an added feat to attend their medical school.
“So you’re gonna be a real doctor, then?” he said, glancing over at Sirius with an increasingly crooked grin, stupid with the realisation. “Though, da.”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:57 pm 

Harry’s enthusiasm about his major took Draco aback, mostly due to how genuine the enthusiasm seemed to be. His major was something that he was used to getting taken for granted, having always known that there were three appropriate careers for him and he had known from a young age which one his parents wanted him to take.
It had just been his luck that he really adored it.
“I sure hope so,” he stated with a weak smile before taking a sip from his tea, mostly feeling overwhelmed by the warmth and the love that seemed to fill up the room and extend out even to himself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:12 pm 

“I count yours as real,” Remus assured his husband with a smile, his voice slipping into a caricature of his teaching voice, a tease left over from their youth.
They were laying on the sofa as Harry and Draco each perched in an armchair, Sirius’ legs comfortably across Remus’ lap. Tightening his grip around Sirius’ calf, he tugged them a bit closer to him, better allowing him to lean forward to grab his mug from the coffee table, glancing over at Sirius with a grin.
“Motorcycles need to go to A&E, too.”

“Yeah, but he’s a human doctor, so it feels like it counts double,” Harry interjected, less impressed by what use Sirius had put his doctorate into. He was running his hand across his jaw, thoughtlessly rubbing at his stubble when he looked over at Draco with a grin, an invitation to join an inside joke.
“I’m assuming they’ve told you, yeah?”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next