All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:45 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Draco nodded softly at that, glad to hear that Sirius had had a support network, even if he had been thrown out of home. It made a lot more sense to Draco that Sirius would have come out as well as he had with him having had support.
“That’s very kind of him,” Draco stated in relation to Sirius’ uncle having paid for his tuition. It was nice to have that kind of support as well and Draco was just glad to know that Sirius hadn’t been entirely on his own, even if it that was always what Draco had been told.
“So you and Remus really were love at first sight?” Draco asked with a crooked grin.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:51 pm 

Sirius ducked his head to one side at the change of subject; the way a smile tugged at the corner of his mouth showed an ounce of truth, certain others would give a more definite answer than Sirius was willing to commit to.
“We went to boarding school together - we’ve been friends since we were 11,” he said, finding that context easier to commit to. “But I don’t know if I’d go as far as to call that love.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:36 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Even if Sirius seemed to disagree, Draco felt fairly certain that he had gotten it right. He had seen the two men around one another, and he couldn’t help but envy how they seemed to merely be extensions of one another, both full human beings, but somehow more when the other was around. It made Draco hopeful that he would be able to live a better life some day.
“I know I would,” Draco stated before he took a sip from his tea.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:58 am 

Even despite having housed several fosters throughout the years, many of which were considerably younger than Draco, it had been years since Sirius was last woken by a knock to their bedroom door. More often than not, children came from families where attention was conditional, often finding that their fosters would rather wait until they were up to ask for help.
Regardless of any immediate disorientation, Sirius was up quick, the dull reflexes of a father still deep in his bones. Groggy and dressed in mismatched pajamas, he opened the door.
“Hey,” he croaked with some disoriented surprise.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:51 pm 

Draco felt beyond embarrassed upon having to wake Sirius and Remus this early, already having feared that he was a nuisance and this did nothing to push that idea down. However, he also knew that he had to leave soon if he wanted to be able to reach uni on time, so it was a necessary evil.
“Hey,” Draco breathed, almost feeling like regretting his request upon seeing Sirius. It was so clear to Draco that he had woken the older man up and he felt bad about it.
“Sorry to disturb, I was just wondering if I maybe could borrow a shirt,” he managed to get out, feeling the heat slowly build up in his cheeks. He had fully intended to simply reuse the shirt he had arrived in, but this morning he had had to face the fact that it was too dirty to use another day.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:38 pm 

Sirius blinked, his sleep muddled brain struggling to connect Draco’s expression and tone to his words; the young man seemed deeply ashamed for asking a perfectly reasonable thing.
“Of course, yeah,” he fumbled, pushing the door open. Mindlessly, Sirius’ eyes dipped to Draco’s chest, though he had probably already known that Draco was closer to Sirius’ own size than Remus, had he been more awake. “We’ll find you something.”
Waving Draco inside, Sirius stepped into the room. As he passed the bed, he reached for the vague shape of Remus’ shin, only barely showing beneath the duvet.
“Draco’s gonna have a look through the closet,” he offered, an invitation for Remus to stay in bed, Sirius’ hand already leaving Remus.
Opening his side of the wardrobe, Sirius made a general, broad gesture towards the hangings. “What would you like?”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:22 pm 

Gingerly, almost as if he was doing something forbidden, Draco followed Sirius into the bedroom.
He felt silly for not having thought of this the day before, when Sirius had even offered him to go to the shops for anything he needed, but it was too late to think of that now.
“Just something simply really, I’m going to class,” Draco stated, as if Sirius would know what his regular wardrobe consisted of, when he had in fact only ever seen Draco in this one outfit. It caused another blush to burn softly on his cheeks, but the dim light in the bedroom hopefully took most of it.
“Just anything in a plain colour,” Draco tried to elaborate, his voice soft as if he was afraid of waking Remus, even though he knew the other man it be awake as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:38 pm 

The way Sirius glanced over at his clothes was a dead give-away to the fact that he didn’t immediately know what shirt to offer Draco. Working at the garage meant the rest of Sirius’ wardrobe was specifically chosen to balance out the utter bore of his cover-alls; he wasn’t actually sure he had owned anything Oxford-appropriate since he had actually attended the school himself.
“Posh?” he asked as he picked through the shirts, finding the distinction to be rather useful. “Cotton?”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:49 pm 

As Draco looked at Sirius’ closet, he realised that he wasn’t going to find anything resembling what he normally wore. He knew that his usually style was probably what Sirius referred to as posh, so he hoped that they would be able to hear something suitable.
“I guess,” Draco stated, finding that that was probably the best way to describe what he was looking for.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:31 am 

At the confirmation, Sirius pushed the bulk of his hangers aside, quite certain there wouldn’t be anything within immediate reach that met that description. Picking through the shirts pushed into the blind corner of the antique armoire, Sirius finally started to pull some shirts.
First out was a blush cotton dress shirt; with it in his hand he made a vague gesture, before hanging it on the doorknob as an option.
“That one’s cotton,” he mused under his breath, eyes to the wardrobe. The next shirt he pulled was a white satin blouse. A smile tugged at Sirius’ vocal cords. “This might’ve been posh at some point.”
That, too, was hung up, and Sirius continued looking. “I might have some pretty neutral knits, too.”

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:37 pm 

Draco hadn’t really thought of his request as a difficult one, but he should have remembered how flamboyantly he had seen Sirius dress and be able to put two and two together. However, it seemed that they should be able to find something that would work for the day and that was what mattered to Draco.
“The blush will do just fine, thank you,” Draco said in a soft voice, still feeling like he was being an incredible burden.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:26 am 

It was wonderfully reminiscent of having Harry at home again, how Draco had gone off to school but come back for supper. If asked, Sirius wouldn’t say he day to day missed being a full time parent, and yet there was something about hearing about Draco’s school day that was impossible to replace by any other string of conversation.
They hadn’t really touched on the press nor Draco’s partner, and Sirius had had no intention of asking unless prompted. Instead, they had been chatting about the characters Draco had witnessed taking the late afternoon train back into London.
“I think it’s charming,” Sirius grinned, unable to feel a sense of belonging among them.
He was sitting back in his chair, almost to the point of tipping it, as he tried to rub a stain of motor oil off of his nail polish with his napkin. “I think I like London better, anyway.”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:26 pm 

It wasn’t that commuting from Oxford to London had proved to be a problem for Draco, however it had prover to make a very interesting journey. He had just finished providing an account of the many scenes he managed to be a witness to on his train ride, much to the amusement of both Sirius and Remus.
It made Draco feel happy and at ease perfectly comfortable that they were actually interested in hearing about his day, even if it was just to talk about the people he had seen on his train home. It also helped him to know that neither of the men were likely to ask questions about the press or how he was feeling, unless he were to bring it up himself.
“It makes for an interesting commute,” Draco admitted, finishing the glass of water he still had on the table.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:01 pm 

Having to come to terms with the fact that his nail, while clean, had over the course of the workday gained a grey stain, Sirius forfeited his fidgeting. He crossed his arms, settling into the chair to properly offer Draco his attention.
“Did you swing by your place?” Sirius asked out of simple curiosity, unable to properly gauge how much of Draco’s day had been spent elsewhere than in school or on the train.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:05 pm 

Draco greatly appreciated the way Sirius had with asking him questions that might be uncomfortable. He always felt like he could give as many or as few details as he’d like to, and it made it easier to talk about everything.
“I did yeah,” Draco stated, leaning back against the back of his chair, feeling exhausted already just from thinking of it. It hadn’t been a pleasant return to the place that he had once referred to as home and it had made Draco feel a little hollow.
“I grabbed some clothes and personal belongings, but I think I underestimated just how much stuff it mine at the flat, and I just don’t know how I’ll get it out of there,” Draco stated, thinking out loud to try and get his head under control.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:08 am 

That didn’t come as a surprise to Sirius. While there had certainly been kids that had willingly abandoned any belongings they hadn’t been able to bring with them in a duffel bag, Sirius had often before helped pick up the odd ends and pieces.
Tipping his head back against the backrest, he looked over at Remus standing at the kitchen counter behind him, having already excused himself to tidy after supper.
“We can probably figure something out,” he said, but the way his eyes returned onto Draco when speaking included him in the we, subtly and easily. “You’d need a truck?”

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:03 pm 

It kept taking Draco aback just how eager Sirius was to help him with practical things, taking away the one huge weight after the other. It was likely no big deal to the older man, at least it didn’t seem like it, and it always helped Draco to feel more at ease.
“I guess,” Draco said, not wanting to impose more than he already was, but he did desperately need to get the flat emptied, so that he could get to move on.

Despite having his back turned on the pair, Remus had been listening in on what they were talking about, keen on helping Sirius in helping Draco get a better life.
“I don’t think Harry is too busy lately,” Remus stated, drying his hands and turning to look over at the two of them. It had always been one of the more troubling things for when they needed to move bigger loads, with Remus not driving and Sirius preferring not to drive trucks.
“It should be doable.”

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:04 pm 

When Remus reengaged into the conversation, Sirius turned properly towards him, hooking an arm over the backrest of his chair. He quietly concurred, nodding in agreement. While Harry himself didn’t drive a truck, he was more comfortable doing it than Sirius had, after a decade of only driving his bike.
“We’ll look into getting a truck, if you’re wanting to move furniture.”
Draco hadn’t yet specified whether or not he had found an alternate place to stay, but it didn’t really matter to Sirius. They could figure out some temporary storage, even if that meant bringing Draco’s belongings back to Grimmauld.
He straightened his posture, getting Draco back into his sights. “For when, you think? The weekend?”

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:35 pm 

Draco hadn’t gotten as far as to make any concrete plans for how he was to move his things, much less whether or not he actually needed a truck. However, once the question was raised, Draco realised that he did indeed have some furniture that he wanted moving, and he honestly had no idea how he would have gone about it without Sirius and Remus around.
“I suppose I am,” Draco stated, still not wanting to be a bother, but also feeling incredibly much lighter at the prospect of getting help with his move.
“I don’t know, I haven’t given it this much thought yet,” he admitted, feeling overwhelmed by it all.

There was something about Draco’s lack of comfort in receiving help that made him seem so much younger to Remus, even if he rationally knew that he was exactly Harry’s age. It made him want to help him even more, having before seen kids like him grow to be comfortable in receiving help.
Remus approached the table where the two men were sitting, opting to stand behind Sirius, hands on the back of his chair, rather than sitting down next to him.
“We’ll work it out, but I do think we should get you out of there completely.”

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:08 pm 

While it hadn’t been a particularly prevalent part of Harry’s childhood, the older he had gotten, the more often had he seen Sirius and Remus accompany their fosters home to pack up their stuff for good. It had only been a matter of time before Harry had started being asked to drive the vans, as the kids went from having bags worth of sentimental items to having full boxes.
Harry had never minded, gladly spending the afternoon with Sirius picking up a car after his godfather had taken the train to meet him at High Wycombe. The van, though not terribly big, suddenly felt massive when they pulled up to the curb in front of Oxford St. John’s college with its bustling students inching past it to cross the road.
Sirius had announced their arrival to his cousin through texts; moments after, he had stepped out of the van to wait outside it, as though the van was anything but an eyesore and hard to miss.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next