All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:54 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

When Sirius all but fell into his arms, Remus didn’t think, simply wrapped his arms around him and held him close. It made sense that Sirius would feel drained after this ordeal, no matter who the cousin was, Remus knew just how draining it was for Sirius to be reminded of his family, and he immediately felt a pang of regret from not being home earlier to help his husband through this.
“**** Pads,” Remus mumbled, still holding on to him, carefully running a hand over his hair and down his spine. They would both buckle up to support the cousin later, but for now Sirius was his very first priority.
“How’re you holding up with that?”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:42 am 

Sirius turned his head so that his cheek rested against Remus’ shoulder, eyes closing in the caress.
“I’m fine,” he said, and all things considered, that was the truth. It mercifully didn’t pick up old scabs, Sirius’ hurt long ago healed and scarred over. Sirius just felt exhausted, Draco’s story striking too close to home for it not to be.
Sirius shifted again, the tightness of the embrace easing to increase his mobility. He ran his fingers through the curls at the nape of Remus’ neck, watching them spring back once his hand had carded through them. “I’m just disappointed that he’s going through that. I don’t think he has anybody else to turn to.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:13 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

One thing that Remus had always admired about Sirius, and continued to admire more and more as they grew older together, was just how deeply he cared about other people; especially people like his cousin. It seemed absurd to Remus that the Black family hadn’t change since Sirius came out, but he also couldn’t really be surprised by it.
“What is he doing now?” Remus asked, doubting that Sirius would have just left the young man to sit in his own thoughts while Remus came home from work.
Sirius had been his first concern, wanting to be absolutely certain that this didn’t rip up in anything they had worked hard to heal, but now that he seemed to be alright, Remus was concerned about the young man in the kitchen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:19 pm 

Sirius finally straightened his posture completely, enough so to look at Remus while his arms lazily remained around his neck.
“He’s coming out to his parents,” he said, simply as if it wasn’t one of the most daunting moments of Draco’s life. “His father’s a conservative politician, and The Sun’s caught him being affectionate to his boyfriend in public.”
Retelling it, Sirius could hardly believe Draco was keeping it together. No wonder he had collapsed in tears having barely entered the foyer. “They’re running an article on it tomorrow, and we’re trying to beat them to deliver the news to his father.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:02 pm 

Remus nodded softly at that, impressed that that was the road that he had decided to take, and also finding himself endeared by Sirius’ use of we. There was no lick of doubt in Remus’ mind that Sirius had helped his cousin come to that decision, but maybe it was better to out yourself to your conservative parents than to let The Sun do it for you.
“Alright,” Remus said, figuring that that was something that required some time alone. He knew nothing else of this guy, other than what Sirius had just told him, but his heart really was bleeding for him.
“How was he holding up before the call?”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:31 pm 

“He was worse off when he arrived,” Sirius said, finding that to be the closest thing to what he had observed in Draco. By now, he seemed like he had accepted the inevitable.
Thoughtlessly, Sirius trailed the hairline curving around Remus’ ear. “I made him a toddy.”
When his hand resettled at the nape of Remus’ neck, Sirius finally allowed himself to kiss his partner hello. It was brief but sweet, a display of affection that Draco was about to be policed and demonized over. Sirius relished in the fact that he could kiss Remus as much as he wanted.
“How was your day?” he said when their lips parted, a chuckle making his voice go airy, aware of the mess Remus had walked into.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:45 pm 

Remus returned the kiss, always relishing in the freedom the two of them had to just love each other without having to think of it. Loving Sirius had always been the easiest thing for him to do, and the thought that some people really still could mind that made Remus sick.
“It was fine, just a regular day,” he stated, his voice soft and his fingers playing with the ends of Sirius’ hair.
It wasn’t exactly the first time either of them had come home from work to something like this, and now that it was family, no matter how distant, Remus found it even more important to help.
“I can guess how your’s has been,” he added with a soft smile, pressing a quick kiss to Sirius’ temple, still feeling unsure if he was actually okay.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:11 pm 

Sirius grinned, leaning into the kiss. He felt so incredibly lucky when Remus doted on him like that, just as giddy about it as he had been when they were teens.
“It's been alright. He seems like a good kid,” he elaborated, his hesitation stemming more from mistrust in the family that had raised Draco than anything he had done wrong. They had touched on mixed race relationships, and Draco hadn’t said anything about it that warranted Sirius to stay alert. “His name's Draco, he’s Harry’s age.”
Sirius paused, and in it, he listened for the sound of Draco’s voice; when the conversation seemed to be ongoing, Sirius felt reassured he could stay in Remus’ arms for another moment.
“He’s been talking about going to a hotel.”
The way Sirius dragged his words were intentional, not happy to see Draco spend the night on his own. Sirius had yet to offer Draco to stay, but he hoped Remus could fill in the blanks, reading into the inevitable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:46 pm 

Even if it wasn’t normally necessary, Remus knew Sirius better than he knew himself most days, it was still nice to have a quick rundown of what had been discussed with the young man in their kitchen before Remus got home.
“Have you offered him to stay here yet?” Remus asked, knowing Sirius well enough to know that that was likely what he wanted to do. After all, going to a hotel was definitely going to add to the risk of the poor guy getting contacted by the media, so it was probably better for him to stay with the two of them, if only just for the night.
“Or are we not quite there yet?” He asked, having seen enough situations like this to know how they regularly played out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:59 am 

“I will eventually,” Sirius admitted. Remus had never been anything but kind and welcoming to whatever invitation Sirius made on behalf of both of them, and still it was a relief when Remus so easily suggested it.
While it was also a question of pacing the interaction, not wanting to make Draco shy away from the help Sirius so willingly offered, Sirius had also taken notice of the fact that Draco hadn’t spoken about the possibility of spending the night with his partner.
“I’ll ask him to stay for dinner, and we’ll take it from there.”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:43 am 

Remus nodded softly at that, knowing his husband well enough to know that that was what he wanted to do. After all, Sirius knew better than most what a young person in a situation like that required to feel cared for and to get back on their feet.
“Alright,” Remus stated with a soft smile, having not expected to deal with something like this directly after work, but more than happy to do so.
“Do you think he’s ready for us to come back down there?” Remus asked, having noticed the kitchen seemingly going silent.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:44 pm 

Sirius paused once again, listening for the sound of Draco’s voice. Rightly, the kitchen had fallen silent, the radio inaudible from upstairs.
“Yeah,” Sirius responded. “I’ll go check on him.”
Stealing a kiss to the corner of his mouth, Sirius eventually did retrieve his hands, steadying himself on Remus’ shoulder as he stood up from the steps.
“I love you,” he reminded Remus, a smile pulling at his lips as his finger caught the collar of Remus’ shirt, tugging it before completely breaking off contact.
With that, Sirius headed back down the stairs.
“How’re you doing, kid?” he called ahead.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:12 pm 

The call to his father had felt like a marathon and Draco was absolutely exhausted after it.
Mindlessly, he had been drinking his toddy as they talked, finding that his cup was mostly empty now and that he no longer had that to keep his hands occupied. He had placed his phone back on the table next to it, finding that it was glaring at him, as if his father could still see him.
The conversation had gone exactly as he suspected that it would, with his father being absolutely beside himself with anger. Even though Draco had known that there was nothing he could do going in, it was still leaving him with the nauseating feeling of defeat.
When Sirius called down to him, Draco had to fight the urge to compose himself, rationally knowing that Sirius wouldn’t expect anything other than Draco being out of it. It was just one of those things that he had learnt many years ago and had never learnt to let go.
“Can I answer that in a couple of days?” Draco asked, finding that too many feelings were flowing through him too quickly for him to be able to properly answer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:03 pm 

Sirius hadn’t meant to laugh, and still he did, huffing a surprised little sound of pure empathy.
“Yeah, you just let me know,” he replied with a smile, stopping at the base of the stairs.
Draco looked a mess, and Sirius had heard him speak, and yet that supplied very little information.
“Did you go through with it?” Sirius asked gently, knowing there was a genuine probability that Draco had gone back on his decision, or worse yet, agreed to continue the charade indefinitely.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:25 pm 

Draco nodded softly at the question, knowing that he likely could have backed out of his decision to come out to his father, but Draco had found that once he had started talking that it just left him. It had felt cathartic to be able to tell his father to **** off like that, even if Draco had been nauseous almost the entire time they had been talking.
“I went through with it,” Draco stated, looking up at Sirius, almost as if he hoped that looking at him would provide him with answers.
“It went about as well as I expected,” Draco stated with a shrug.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:52 pm 

Sirius nodded, mirroring Draco’s gentle response. Draco didn’t look particularly relieved, and though Sirius felt it on his behalf, it was still too vulnerable of a moment for them to really get to celebrate it.
Finally feeling like he could approach, Sirius joined Draco by the table; this time on the adjacent chair rather than across from him.
Without asking for permission, Sirius, for the second time today, reached out for Draco, catching a gentle hold of his shoulder.
“I’m proud of you,” he said, pulling Draco in for another hug, wrapping both arms around him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:01 am 

For the second time that day, Sirius surprised him by hugging him. He could probably count on one hand the amount of times his own father had hugged him, and yet Sirius seemed to have no qualms pulling him in and showing him affection.
It made tears well up in his eyes again, having felt mostly numb after the call to his father, but something about the way that Sirius held him and told him that he was proud of him did him in.
With less hesitation this time, Draco returned the hug, allowing himself to sink into the embrace as the tears finally came. He felt absolutely hopeless and at a loss of where to go from here on, but for now it seemed okay to just allow himself to cry and be hugged.
He wanted to ask a million questions, but he knew that Sirius wouldn’t have the answers to any of them, most of them being hypotheticals anyway. One thing had been knowing that his father would disown him if he ever found out that he was gay, it was a whole other thing to actually be disowned because he was gay.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:23 am 

“Oh, Draco,” Sirius muttered as soon as it became clear that Draco was crying, not out of pity but out of sympathy. He felt the ache deep in his bones, tightening his grip around the younger man, wishing so that he could help carry that burden.
Sirius’ hand found the base of Draco’s skull, resting there in a gentle reassurance, before it brushed over Draco’s hair, and across his shoulders.
“You’re okay.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:47 pm 

Draco was feeling a little embarrassed by the entire thing, having been reduced to tears twice in the short amount of time that he had known Sirius. However, he had also just gone through a tremendous change in his life and needed relief in some sort of way.
Even though Draco couldn’t really find any relief in the decision, he also couldn’t regret it.
It had been absolutely gut wrenching to be confirmed in the fact that his father’s love for him didn’t reach longer than him having to be appropriate for the public. It had been something that he had always known, it had been an underlying threat in Draco’s life, but having to actually live through it made Draco feel sick to his stomach.
“I’m sorry,” Draco muttered softly, his voice hoarse and barely there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:23 pm 

“Don’t be,” Sirius assured him, not missing a beat. It was natural and expected that Draco felt a whirlwind of emotions, and he should be allowed and encouraged to feel every single one of them - everything but feeling like he was a burden to Sirius.
“You did it,” he cooed, tipping his chin to rest on Draco’s head, brushing a reassurance down his back. “I’m really proud of you.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next