All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:23 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

It was interesting to hear Sirius talk, not knowing much about the two, unmarried Black brothers, his mum having never been one to much share about her family. What little he did know of her family was what he had learnt on his own mostly, and he had really had no chance to learn anything about Sirius, nor his relationship to Regulus.
It intrigued Draco greatly, feeling like part of the family history was missing and that Sirius was the only one who was currently able to fill out the blanks.
“That makes sense,” Draco stated, easily able to see how Sirius’ conservative parents would likely prefer the more proper Regulus to the wilder Sirius. It wasn’t going to be less hurtful for that, but Draco knew how being part of a household like that could play games in your mind.
Draco shifted in his seat, crossing his ankles under his seat and straightening his back as he took a sip from his tea. It was easier to talk and hear about Sirius and his life than it had been to talk about his own, and thus he desperately wanted Sirius to keep talking.
That was only part of it though, as he also found himself deeply intrigued about everything that Sirius had to tell him, desperate to learn more.
“Sorry if it was inappropriate to ask,” Draco stated, not wanting to start digging into something that could potentially be hurtful to Sirius. “It’s just that I don’t know anything about you at all, but now I really want to learn, you know?”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:44 pm 

Sirius chuckled, surprised at how properly Draco was going about asking Sirius about not only his childhood, but seemingly his entire life.
“No, it’s alright,” he said with a grin, finding no harm in asking. Sirius could understand wanting that insight, knowing Draco might be able to predict his own future through Sirius’ past. “You can ask anything you’d like.”
Despite encouraging Draco to ask, Sirius didn’t wait for a prompt, speaking on his own accord.
I didn’t get a grace period from my parents,” he started. While careful not to interpret too wildly on Draco’s situation, Draco seemed like he might have gotten one; a charade where they’d pretend nothing was wrong, if everything just remained neatly tucked away and out of sight. “There was no don’t ask, don’t tell neutral ground. We fought constantly.”
Fighting was probably the wrong word, making Sirius assume half the blame of the conflict. He had been a child in an unsafe, abusive environment, but he expected Draco to know the implication from experience.
“I went to boarding school - Regulus and I both - and it was just awful coming back here and having to pack your entire self away for the summer, so I stopped doing it.”
Despite the horrible nature of the story, Sirius grinned, genuinely humoured. “So they stopped considering me their son, I guess.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:03 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco hung on to every word that Sirius was telling him, interested in hearing everything that Sirius was willing to tell him. After all, this was the first time he had gotten the chance to actually talk with someone gay, whom he wasn’t trying to date. It was a different situation all together and now that Draco knew that there was no way back, there was no reason not to learn everything that he could.
“That’s terrible,” Draco stated, knowing that that was the exact situation he was in himself, having always been hiding himself away to keep the peace. He wasn’t brave in the way that Sirius had been, hiding and undermining that part of himself to make things easier on him.
The break from his family didn’t feel like freedom though.
He was terrified and even if it seemed that Sirius had managed to have a good life, Draco was still terrified about what it would mean for him.
“But the school was good?” He asked, prompting Sirius to speak further about his life.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:28 pm 

“Yeah, it was brilliant,” Sirius could say without hesitation. “Got me out of my parents’ house 10 months out of the year.”
He was fairly certain he wouldn’t have survived living full time at home, but that felt like an unnecessarily grim addition to the recollection.
“Made great friends. Offered plenty of opportunities to discover you like blokes,” he grinned, unabashedly. The posh tradition of highland boarding schools had greatly backfired on his parents, unknowingly encouraging every single antic they hated about Sirius’ behaviour.
He once again picked at his mug, rings clicking.
“I was disowned between terms,” he instead said. Sirius would return to the topic if Draco seemed interested in knowing about schooltime flings. “A schoolmate and his family were able to take me on for the last few years of my schooling.”
There was no way Sirius would ever be able to repay James and his parents; even having raised his son for a quarter of a decade didn’t even begin to make a dent in repaying the kindness the Potters had shown him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:29 pm 

While Draco definitely thought that Sirius had deserved any and all kindness that had come to him, he could still feel his stomach knot up in jealousy. He so wished that he would’ve have found a network like that when he was younger, having always relied heavily on his friendship with Pansy, but also being aware that it hadn’t been enough to break from his parents.
Then again, maybe he just wasn’t as bold.
“Oh that’s brilliant,” Draco stated, grabbing his rapidly cooling tea and took a sip, finding that listening to Sirius was much more important than actually drinking the tea that he’d made. Everything seemed like a whole new world to Draco and he wanted to know more and more.
“How old we’re you?” Draco asked, still wanting to be tactful, but also finding that Sirius didn’t seem to mind answering his questions, so he felt more and more comfortable asking them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:12 am 

Sirius withdrew his hand, once again thoughtlessly crossing them over his chest.
“Fifteen,” Sirius said easily, letting that word stand alone for Draco to process.
Having lived through it, he had felt plenty capable of leaving home at that age, but, as more and more teenagers had filtered through the home, Sirius had gained a better perspective of just how young he had really been.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:53 am 

Draco didn’t know what he had expected, maybe he had simply hoped that Sirius would have been more like himself, unable to stop himself from feeling like he was complaining about nothing.
After all, he was 25 years old and not exactly dependant on his parents, at least not necessarily, and yet he still felt absolutely devastated. Compared to being thrown out of his home at 15, Draco knew that it was nothing, but there had never been as much as a tone of judgement in Sirius’ voice, making Draco feel more like it was alright.
“Bloody hell,” Draco stated, not feeling like there was much else to say.
Even with the knowledge that Sirius had had people with him, Draco’s heart was still bleeding for the younger Sirius.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:10 pm 

Sirius nodded, finding that it was not only a common but appropriate reaction. He himself had been desensitized to that story, only really able to look back at that situation with an immense sense of relief, knowing all the good that had come from it.
“I knew it was coming,” he offered, wanting to soften the blow. “So sometimes I think it might have been easier.”
He paused, looking at Draco as he weighed his words, this conversation steering away from the ones he had with the teens that usually occupied Draco’s seat.
“I didn’t ever feel like I was working towards a functioning relationship with them. I always knew I was just running out the clock.”
Being disowned was inevitable, his homosexuality only serving as the final nail in his coffin. They had disagreed on so many things.
“It’s not my impression that it gets easier with age, anyway,” he went on, untangling his hand sufficiently enough to run his hand across his jawline, thoughtless in his recollection. “Andromeda was disowned in her early twenties, too, and she probably took it worse than I did, simply because it really did catch her by surprise.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:24 pm 

The way Sirius talked about being disowned filled Draco with envy, desperately wanting to be able to get to that point. However, he also knew that Sirius had had many years to get there, so he tried not to stress himself out too much.
What gave Draco real pause was the mention of another person, Sirius flinging out the name as if Draco was supposed to know who it was.
The name left a hint to it being someone in their family, but Draco had never heard of an Andromeda, but maybe that made sense, considering Sirius mentioned her in relation to being thrown out.
“Who?” Draco asked, head cocked slightly to the side, curious to know just how many people had been thrown out of the family.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:29 pm 

Of the things he had said, Sirius hadn’t expected that to be the part Draco got hung up on. It made him stall, derailing his train of thought as even his hand stilled.
The fact that Draco knew about Sirius, at least enough to manage to look him up, but not his maternal aunt sent Sirius on a loop, struggling to understand how that had come to be. There was a moment of harsh realisation, immensely disappointed on Andromeda’s behalf. His eyebrow tugged upwards, unable to even process the emotion.
“Andromeda is your mother’s sister,” Sirius said in a breath. “But I get the impression that they didn’t tell you.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:46 pm 

Part of Draco wanted to argue, wanted to tell Sirius that that was ridiculous and that his mum only had one sister, Bellatrix, but there was something in Sirius’ expression that told Draco that he was being dead serious.
It shook what little foundation Draco still had left to stand on, having always known that his family held secrets, but the fact that they had hid an entire aunt for him seemed impossible.
“What?” Draco asked, his voice soft spoken in disbelief.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:08 pm 

Sirius paused, allowing the necessary space for the revelation to sink in. He felt like he needed the time, too, genuinely startled at how ruthless that family really was.
"****ing hell.” Sirius straightened his posture, feet once again finding the floor as he properly squared himself to face Draco. He didn’t want Draco to believe that he was making light of it, or filling him with half truths. “They’re three sisters. Bellatrix, Andromeda, the middle child, and your mother’s the youngest.”
Sirius folded his hands on the tabletop as he leaned forward, once again picking at his rings.
“Andromeda is a few years my senior, but I was still disowned before her, so I can’t speak much on how it all unfolded afterwards,” he wanted clarified, not there to witness the fall out, nor to witness Andromeda being pushed into oblivion. “But you’re 25, you said? Yeah, that was before you were born, then.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:28 pm 

Nothing about what Sirius was telling him seemed unrealistic, nor could he see any reason that Sirius would have to lie to him; especially about something as severe as this. It just seemed absolutely surreal to Draco that he would have another aunt, feeling like he should have at least had an inkling that his mum had another sister, but there had been no hint to this revelation.
“Oh,” Draco said, finding that there was nothing else to say, mind running a million miles an hour with just how many secrets that had been kept from him.
“Is she... like us?” Draco asked, wanting to know if it was only queer people who got thrown out of their family, or if there were other reasons as well. After all, the only reason he had even heard about Sirius in the first place was as a warning to him, so the fact that he hadn’t even heard of his mum’s other sister pointed in an entire different direction.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:41 pm 

Taken by surprise, Sirius cracked a smile entirely against his own will. It illuminated his features, genuinely humoured by the childish sweetness of Draco’s choice of words.
“Yeah,” he replied in good spirits, not laughing at Draco in any way. “But she only came out in her thirties, so that wasn’t why they disowned her.”
Sirius figured that that might play a role in why Draco knew of him but not of her.
“She married outside of her race,” he said, the way Sirius imagined his mother would say it. “Racism, really. Her husband Ted is black.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:57 pm 

Draco nodded at that, finding that it made sense that he hadn’t heard of her if that was the case. It wasn’t something that was ever spoken loudly about, but Draco had always known that he could only ever marry paler than himself.
In reality, it had taken getting away from the middle of it all for Draco to realise just how absurdly many rules he had been living under and just how suffocating it had all felt. He still didn’t feel any relief from being away from it all, but at least he was able to see the absurdity of it all.
“But your husband is also...” Draco trailed off, having spoken before really thinking his statement through, having recalled the pictures he had seen in the hallway.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:13 pm 

Sirius nodded, a chuckle audible in his breathing. Remus was mixed race, but dark skinned enough it wouldn’t have mattered to his parents; Sirius could never have brought Remus home, gay or not.
“So if it wasn’t one thing, it would have been the other,” he mused, the corner of his mouth remaining upturned through it. It was something he and Andromeda had often before noted, funny how they overlap had come to be.
Though there was a smile on his lips, and an ease to his voice, Sirius’ words were painfully honest. “Andromeda could’ve just broken off her engagement, and she could have carried on living as she had. They wouldn’t have disowned her, if she had.”
His eyes darted between Draco’s, wanting to read his reaction in real time, wanting to know what was going through his mind. “But you come to realize that they don’t want you to be happy. Not really, anyway, otherwise they wouldn’t have cared. So maybe leaving means you get to allow yourself to be happy.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:30 pm 

While Draco knew that Sirius probably was right in that his family didn’t necessarily want him to be happy, not unless it fit into their image of what was appropriate at least, he still couldn’t help but have the thought that maybe he could still take it back somehow. Even if Sirius was very kind and comforting, Draco still felt the urge to go back to what he had known his entire life.
“There’s nothing I can take back anyway,” Draco stated, his tone bitter, though not directed at Sirius. It would have been better for him had it been his own decision to come out to his parents, but now he just knew that it was a matter of time before his father would know and there was nothing to do about it.
“My father’s love for me will never go further than what’s in The Sun,” he pointed out, still feeling sick at the thought of him and his boyfriend being published like that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:39 pm 

“I couldn’t either,” Sirius reminded Draco gently, not expecting him to immediately catch up with the thirty years Sirius had had to process just that. “Andie could, but she couldn’t unlearn what she had learned about her parents from that interaction.”
It was an open ended statement, not wanting to dig his heels in and push for Draco to agree. He hoped he would, in time. No matter how tempting it could feel to go back and continue a charade, it would never erase the haunting knowledge of how easily your own parents were able to demonize you.
Sirius allowed another pause, before he resumed in a different tangent, finally feeling like it was appropriate to ask. “What’s going in The Sun?”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:53 pm 

The idea that Sirius might not actually be aware who his father hadn’t crossed Draco’s mind until right that moment, meaning that his comments so far probably hadn’t made a lot of sense. However, what Draco was really frustrated about was that someone might have sold him out and he had absolutely no way of knowing who it was.
“A picture of me and my boyfriend,” Draco stated, the thought of seeing that in print enough to make him nauseous again. He knew that he only had until his father saw the pictures and then he could forget everything about having a family.
“I have been so careful about not kissing him, hell, not even holding his hand in public, and the one time I decided to do it, of course this would happen,” he ranted, getting upset about he entire situation once more. He usually had very strict rules about PDA, something that his boyfriend knew, but this one time he had practically begged for Draco to give him a goodbye kiss and Draco had reluctantly agreed.
“I don’t know if you ever met my father, but my mum married Lucius Malfoy,” Draco stated, not intending to be cocky, but he knew that most people would recognise that name. “The politician.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:15 pm 

Sirius wished he had asked sooner, finding that to be a vital piece of information. The face he made told of a brief flash of worry, suddenly doubting whether or not Draco was actually going to be safe from his parents.
“Right,” he said. It was the only thing that immediately came to mind. This was new, this was entirely different, and suddenly, he felt out of his depth. “I’m sorry that happened to you.”
Sirius couldn’t even imagine being put in that position. It felt unlikely that the population of Britain would care much about Draco’s private life, but Sirius felt saddened knowing it would probably be thrown around the media circus, regardless, if only to speak about his father.
“It’s not in print yet?” he needed to have clarified after a moment of consideration. “Tomorrow, you think?”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next