All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:47 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Draco’s relationship with Peter was complicated and he was having a hard time coming up with exactly how to explain the situation to the older man. He knew that he liked Peter, but he had spent so much time hiding away from the public eye that Draco felt uncertain if he would ever be able to break that habit.
“They don’t know that he has a boyfriend” Draco attempted, feeling fairly certain that Peter had managed to keep it a secret to his parents, even if Draco knew that he was very close with them. However, sometimes he had doubted that his boyfriend had even managed that.
“But they do know that he is gay,” he stated with a shrug. It was something he and Peter had discussed several times after all, how his parents hadn’t been accepting at first either, but had eventually come around to understand.
Draco had always known that that wasn’t an option for him.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:58 pm 

Sirius hummed an acknowledgement as he privately processed that information. The relief Draco’s partner expressed was probably better justified by the fact that he had concealed a relationship from his parents, but it only polarized the experience Draco and he was going through respectively.
Sirius also realized he had probably exhausted that line of questioning, and so he discarded any thoughts of imbalance.
“That’s something,” he spoke into the bike, only glancing over at Draco once the words had left his lips. Despite Draco’s situation being omparatively worse, Sirius didn’t want to appear disinterested in his boyfriend’s experience.
Not interested in lingering on the subject, though, Sirius’ eyes wandered back onto the bike. “But you’re staying at ours for supper, right?”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:08 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The offer, even if Draco should have likely expected it, made Draco feel warm. It helped that it came with a change of the subject, Draco still feeling uncertain as to how to talk about how boyfriend, even if it was just in the most basic form possible.
“I’d like that a lot,” Draco stated, glad that Sirius had brought it up in the first place, making him feel less awkward for wanting to ask about getting to stay longer. It was clear to him that Sirius cared about his safety and while Draco could definitely tell he was being cared for, he was still afraid that he was going to end up overstaying his welcome.
“I was actually hoping that I would be able to stay with you guys for a couple of days, just until I find my own place,” Draco said, almost losing his nerve as he spoke, his demeanour getting noticeably more timid as he got through his sentence.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:49 pm 

This time, Sirius couldn’t feign enough interest in his work to keep himself from looking at Draco; he rolled his chair over another foot, allowing Draco to come into full view.
“Of course,” Sirius replied, careful not to sound too eager at the prospect. It was a great relief to him, not only that Draco would be staying safe the next few days, but particularly that he felt like he could even ask that of Sirius.
“You have everything you need for another few days?” he followed up, more practical. Though the rooms were made for transitional stays, they were fully stocked with toiletries, but Sirius knew that rarely was enough to meet everybody’s personal needs. “We can run some errands on the way back, if you’re missing anything.”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:34 pm 

As always, Draco was overwhelmed by the support that Sirius was showing him, making Draco realise just what kind of relationship he had missed out on over the years.
He knew that it had likely been different, had the two of them seen each other as Draco grew up, but there was also a part of Draco that needed to believe that they would still have been this. It was a comfort for him to know that there were parts of his family that weren’t all bad and that he would still be able to get help from his family.
“I think I’m set, thanks,” Draco said with a polite smile, not wanting to accept too much from Sirius. After all, he was more than capable of making do on his own. “I’ll stop by my flat after class tomorrow.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:21 pm 

Sirius nodded. It was probably unavoidable for Draco to make the trip to and from Oxford, but he was pleased to hear that Draco was at least planning to stay at Grinmaulds for the next few days, plural.
"Alright," he forfeited, expecting that Draco would let him know if he was missing something essential.
His attention returned onto the bike. "Remus has the car in the mornings, but one of us can probably give you a ride to the station."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:39 pm 

Just how easy it seemed to be for Sirius to offer help to Draco, even if it was simply practical things, always took him aback. It was new and unused for him, but he didn’t doubt that Sirius wasn’t putting on a show specifically for him, it was likely just the way he was and the way he thought.
“Thank you,” Draco stated, knowing that it didn’t make sense to deny the kindness of his cousin, because he would just insist.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:48 am 

Having clearly taken note of the lull in their conversation, Carl tentatively approached Sirius’ corner of the shop. “Hey Doc, do you have a moment?”
Sirius had already seen him glancing their way. Though the man had enough sense not to comment on Draco’s situation, Sirius knew his coworkers must have been able to figure it all out on their own; the biggest giveaway being that they had subtly replaced the usual chatter of daytime radio with a station playing nondescript pop music.
Though a bunch of old sods, Sirius was yet again struck with appreciation for his coworkers.
“Yeah, coming,” he said, having already reached for a rag to wipe his hands with.
As he stood, he nodded vaguely towards the break room, as his eyes found Draco; a suggestion that he’d make a detour now that he was up. “D’you want a cuppa?”

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:01 pm 

The nickname completely took Draco aback, having noticed nothing about Sirius that would warrant the nickname “Doc”, but he figured that that would be a question that he could ask later. It was going to be a long process, getting to know each other, but Draco was eager to take on the journey.
“Yeah, sure,” he stated, staying seated in his chair, the phone burning in his pocket, even if he knew that he really didn’t want to see, let alone answer, the messages that bound to be still ticking in. It was nerve wracking and it was better to just not focus on it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:32 pm 

It really hadn’t taken much more than a moment for Carl to explain to Sirius what junction he would like to have welded together. Sirius had promised to take a better look at the missing parts tomorrow, and though he had brewed each of them a cup of tea, Sirius didn’t have any real expectations that they would be sticking around to the end of the workday.
His designated mug in his hand, Sirius had made his own cup of tea in a paper mug; as he returned, he offered the porcelain mug to Draco.
“Alright,” he muttered, voice muffled as he himself had already raised his mug to his lips for a drink. “Feeling bored yet?”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:45 pm 

Draco gratefully accepted the mug that Sirius handed to him, feeling pleased to have something to do with his hands that wasn’t fiddling with his phone. All in all, it felt like the visit to the garage was exactly the thing to take his mind off things, having not received as much as a singular comment throughout the day.
“No, I’m alright,” Draco stated, taking a sip from his tea, staying completely comfortable in his chair for now. Instead, he took a moment to properly take in Sirius, trying to get him to make sense in this new context, and somehow it worked out for him.
“Can I ask you something?”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:24 pm 

“Of course,” Sirius encouraged, stepping around the bike only to hook the toe of his shoe around the legs of his stool, kicking it closer towards Draco. They could probably have taken their tea in the break room, but there was a greater sense of ease not having to leave this spot in the far end of the shop.
Taking a seat, Sirius’ attention returned onto Draco. “What’s on your mind?”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:43 am 

Draco realised that the way he had asked the question probably hinted at something deeper rather than just a curiosity towards Sirius’ nickname, but he also found that maybe that was okay. It spoke to the continued care that Sirius showed for him and he greatly appreciated that.
“Why Doc?” He found himself asking, having really tried to make it make sense, but he just couldn’t see it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:19 am 

Having set his expectations for an entirely different kind of question, Sirius let out a laugh, surprised and relieved.
“That’d be, uh,” he dragged, a chuckle still in his breathing. He wasn’t being coy about it - in fact, Sirius was inclined to believe his education was the least interesting thing about him - but it was an explanation he hadn’t had to offer in decades, never having put the degree to use in a context where the title was used in reverence. “- because of my doctorate.”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:51 am 

There was absolutely nothing that could have prepared Draco for that answer.
He didn’t really know why it surprised him so much, figuring that Sirius had probably been victim to the same brainwash surrounding education as he himself had, it was just surprising that he had actually adhered to it.
“Oh,” Draco stated, unsure how to properly react to that. It was far too late to hide his surprise, not that he thought that Sirius would mind too much, but it still made him a little embarrassed.
“Doctorate in what?” Draco asked, interested in learning as much as possible about the older man.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:46 am 

A twitch upturned the corner of Sirius’ mouth, feeling a strange satisfaction at the reminder that people probably didn’t expect him to have any sort of higher education. It had been different growing up, and certainly also for Draco; in their family, pursuing higher education went without saying, and Sirius was happy to have distanced himself enough from that family, that Draco evidently hadn’t thought that tradition would apply to Sirius.
“Mechanical engineering,” he elaborated. As if to validate his point, he nodded vaguely towards the bike, now mostly behind him. “It’s how I ended up here.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:55 pm 

Draco was trying to make sense of it, even though the path really should be rather obvious, Draco still couldn’t help but wonder how an engineer would end up in an auto repair shop. Then again, based on what little he knew of Sirius, it didn’t really come as a great surprise to him.
“I think it’s impressive that you managed to do something that would both please the family and bring shame upon them at the same time,” Draco stated.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:47 am 

The smile playing at the corners of his mouth widened, toothy and flattered.
“Thank you,” he said, sounding as pleased as if Draco had given him an actual compliment, and not simply stated a strange nuance about their family.
“They never knew I was in school,” he felt like he needed to elaborate. Sirius had been disowned years before he would have even considered university, and attending had happened without outside pressure. “My mother passed before I graduated, anyway.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:24 pm 

In a way, that made much more sense to Draco, finding it very unfitting for Sirius to do something that would accidentally bring approval from the family. It made it mean more in a way, seeing that Sirius had done it all for himself and not because his parents expected it.
“It’s very impressive that you managed to get through school on your own,” Draco stated, knowing just how hard it was on him even before the entire scandal.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:36 pm 

Sirius made a face at that, knowing Draco was giving him more credit than was due.
“Well, I didn’t,” he corrected. His voice wasn’t harsh, but he wanted to immediately correct any incorrect conclusions Draco might draw for himself. While he wished his experience was better related to Draco’s, it hadn’t been the case; but it was just as important for Sirius that Draco knew that he wasn’t setting a standard Draco should uphold without the same support system as Sirius had.
“My uncle paid for my tuition for the years he was alive, and I used his inheritance to pay for the rest,” he elaborated, turning the rapidly cooling mug of tea still in his hand. “Remus and I already lived together then, too.”
Sirius paused, really taking Draco in. When you said it out loud, Sirius had almost had it laughably easy. “I probably wouldn’t have managed on my own.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next