All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:37 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Just how easy it was for the rest of his resolve to completely melt away was honestly pitiful, and yet Draco found that little shame hit him as he turned into Harry’s touch, having to stop himself from turning his head and kiss his lips. It didn’t help that Harry referred to him as cursebreaker, a title he was still getting used to, but cherished deeply.
“What on earth about?” He found himself asking, but he was pitifully distracted, finding his gaze lingering on Harry’s lips rather than his eyes.
Everything about Harry seemed to pull him in, making Draco greedily accept whatever little caress that Harry was willing to give him. It should probably cause alarm bells to ring, but it was so difficult for Draco to mind, when Harry was so close and Draco still wanted him so badly.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:21 pm 

Harry’s hand lingered at the curve of Draco’s jaw even as he straightened his posture an inch; had Draco not asked him a question, Harry might have chased another kiss.
“Everything,” Harry grinned, lopsided and boyish at the notion that Draco had responded to the question with incredulity. He greatly valued Draco’s input on any and all matters, even those which Harry would rather not address.
Allowing himself to settle into the proximity without pushing to increase it, Harry relaxed his posture, leaning against the lip of the table. After days apart, he found himself unable to impossible not to, though he reluctantly withdrew his hand.
“More urgently I want you to come to Towthorpe with me tomorrow.”
Calling Draco Cursebreaker was more than a tease, though Harry enjoyed how that sounded just as much as he did Healer. What Harry was asking of Draco would genuinely fall on the plate of one, but he’d rather ask it of Draco than of anybody else in Buchannan’s team. “I’d like to hear what you make of it.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:49 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

It was difficult for Draco to properly care about getting to go to Towthorpe, something that he had wanted to do ever since he learnt that it might be connected to what was wrong with Harry. Professionally, he was thrilled that Harry had thought to bring him along for something like that, but in the moment his thoughts were quite preoccupied by something entirely different.
“Yeah?” he asked, already missing the feeling of Harry’s hand on his jaw, but still feeling unsure where the break had left them and thus feeling insecure in seeking out the touch, or even just demanding it like he would otherwise have.
“So a purely professional visit?” He finally managed to ask, feeling the heat in his cheeks, but also really wanting to know.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:16 pm 

Harry made a face at that, seeming to consider it. He didn’t think Draco asked because he minded, the simple fact that Draco had taken his lunch here rather than in the study begged for a distraction.
“This could have been an owl,” he admitted, reflecting on the fact that he had, in fact, gone out of his way to make a rather simple and concise request.
He crossed his arms across his chest as his attention returned onto Draco. Despite having been the closest to a mental breakdown only days before, Harry felt pretty at ease. There were far more interesting things in life to admire.
He shrugged, once again glancing off towards the windows.
“I dunno, figured I’d better make sure you apparated to the right point,” he continued, a smile pulling at his lips when he once again met Draco’s eye, aware of his own gall and presumptuousness.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:16 pm 

Even if it was hardly a confirmation of anything other than the fact that Harry had decided to spent his lunch on going to visit Draco rather than just sending an owl, Draco still found that he fell right back into their old relation.
“I am very good at apparating,” Draco stated, finally relaxing enough to be able to smile at Harry as well, finding the entire situation silly, but ultimately a mostly just funny. This Draco knew, this was something that he could wrap his head around and react to.
He reached out for Harry, hands landing on his hips, craving to feel him close again. The touch seemed to cause a ravine of emotions for Draco, finding that now that he had touched Harry himself, it was impossible not to want even more.
Finding that he was too wear to even pretend to be annoyed with Harry, Draco reached up to finally kiss him on the lips.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:52 pm 

A shiver went down Harry’s spine when Draco reached for him. It was almost shocking how little it took, how impossibly good it was whenever Draco touched him with any sense of intent, and how difficult it had proved for anyone else to compare.
Willingly giving into the touch, Harry pushed himself off of the table edge, stepping entirely into Draco’s personal space. Any trace of feigned professionalism disappeared the same moment Harry’s eyes flickered to Draco’s lap, momentarily considering moving even closer, but seeing Draco stretch to meet him made him grin, heart flipping in his chest with something he couldn’t quite place.
A smile was still on Harry’s lips when Draco kissed him, steadying himself against Draco’s shoulders as he leaned in, easing the angle between them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:11 pm 

Finally getting to kiss Harry again felt so easy to Draco that he hardly could believe it.
Part of him didn’t believe that it should be this easy, that maybe he should be plagued by how desperate and rejected he had felt over the past couple of days, but the thought didn’t really seem to stick properly in his mind.
Instead, all he could feel was a huge wave of relief, almost like a fresh breath of air washing over him and letting him know that things would be alright again.
It made him tighten his grip on Harry’s hips, desperate to feel more of him and to have him even closer.
Not for the first time, Draco was pleased that Harry was short, because it made their kiss that much easier to maintain, something that was a huge interest for him right in that moment.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:16 pm 

Harry snickered, a little sound catching in his throat as he stuttered half a step forward at Draco’s insistence. Though sinking into the embrace had crossed Harry’s mind too, he returned the touch differently, his hands brushing up the line of Draco’s neck, settling at the base of his skull.
“It’s good seeing you,” Harry admitted with a grin when the kiss became hard to sustain. The affection was spoken into the corner of Draco’s mouth, having barely leaned away to breathe it. In the few days they had been apart, Harry had missed Draco, both alone and in the company of others. It felt pointless to keep from Draco, certain that that sentiment had already filled the room around them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:59 am 

The softness of Harry’s touch followed by his even softer words had Draco’s head spinning, making him hold on to Harry as if he was afraid he might vanish any second. The soft grin and the insistence to stay close made Draco’s head spin in a way that he found it hard to really mind, knowing that he would always choose to fall into Harry like this.
“Yeah?” He asked, a soft smile playing at his lips as he did.
At first, he had felt unsure if this was still something that they did, if this was what their relationship could be, but now that Harry so willingly had kissed him back and seemed in no rush to back away, it was clear to Draco that there was no other obvious conclusion.
“Not in a rush to return to the ministry then?” He found himself asking, feeling a sense of desperation in keeping Harry for as long as he would allow it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:56 am 

The question brought a smile to Harry’s lips, shaking his head no as he straightened his posture slightly, allowing them both space enough to speak. His hold on Draco relaxed, fingers falling to the back of Draco’s collar.
There was such encouragement in the way Draco tilted the question. It would be a lie to say he didn’t have a vested interest in Draco extending his hospitality. The blurred point of departure when it came to field work made it hard to justify not spending the night - not coming for dinner - not skipping out on his entire afternoon to make up for days apart.
“Came to make sure you get to Towthorpe alright, yeah?” he reminded, a boyish air to his voice and smile.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:59 pm 

Being together with Harry like this was so easy to Draco that it seemed impossible not to when the opportunity opened itself to him. It seemed impossible to Draco to envision a version of events where he wouldn’t be drawn to Harry like a moth to a flame.
Intend on playing whatever game Harry thought they were playing, Draco nodded softly at that, a soft grin playing on his lips as he did, undermining any note of sincerity that could’ve been found on his expression.
“So you figured that you’d better stay the night?” He asked, loosening his grip slightly on Harry’s hips as he did, knowing that he was being presumptuous, but feeling that he had good reason to be. “Make sure I get there safe?”

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:18 pm 

Harry’s smile went lopsided, thrilled by the shift in balance between them. He liked this better, the tease with which Draco challenged Harry never failing to make his heart flip. Part of Harry liked being cornered into admitting that he liked spending time with Draco, if only because Draco always seemed like it was a prize to be won.
“Figured I should at least offer,” Harry countered instead, though a grin betrayed him, appearing entirely too taken by Draco to convincingly play the part of someone who was only there through professional obligation.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:55 pm 

It should probably be concerning to Draco how easy it was to slip back into the teasing flirtation they used to have between them, how it seemed to fit like a second skin and now it just seemed to be so natural for the way they communicated. It made Draco’s heart flip in his chest to see Harry react to his confidence, loving how easy it was to get him riled up, if only a little.
“Well, I haven’t heard you offer yet,” Draco instead stated, desperate for Harry to stay, but also keen on regaining the upper hand. He wasn’t sure if Harry had even realised that there was an upper hand, nor who happened to have it, but right in that moment Draco so wanted to be the one in charge.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:04 pm 

The request sent a shiver down Harry’s spine, the challenge Draco’s voice carried never failing to make Harry’s insides flip. It made his smile falter, flicker on and off his expression as heat bloomed in his chest, thrilled.
Straightening his posture, Harry withdrew his hands off of Draco’s shoulders, instead letting them fall into the space between them. Thoughtlessly, Harry’s fingers brushed against Draco’s knee, providing some sort of anchor in the conversation.
“Why don’t I stay the night?” Harry offered, properly although a smile kept pulling at his lips, more juvenile and stupid than his words. His eyes were bright as he met Draco’s gaze, entirely caught up in everything that was Draco. “Screw Towthorpe; I’ve missed you.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:39 pm 

There was nothing that would ever be able to compare to hearing Harry actively want to spend time with him, actively choosing to be around him. It made Draco’s head spin and made him want to make choose him over and over again, but he also knew that he would never feel confident that that would give him the desired result.
“Yeah?” He asked with a crooked grin, wanting to bask in the fact that Harry had actually missed him, even if he already knew that it likely wasn’t in the same way that he had missed Harry.
“Stay the night then,” he stated, his hand still on Harry’s hips gently pulling him in together again, not possessive or rushed, just a soft suggestion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:12 pm 

As Draco once again pulled him closer, Harry happily obliged, shins bumping against the lip of Draco’s seat. There was such a juvenile air about their proximity, confident that neither of them really wanted them to spend their time at the dinette, of all places.
“Now you say it,” Harry pressed, hands once again reaching for Draco’s shoulders. It took great restraint not to push his fingers up the nape of Draco’s neck, burying them in his hair.
“Tell me you’ve missed me.”
It wasn’t a question, Harry could feel the answer in every touch Draco bestowed him. The fact that he knew showed in his expression, his smile losing intensity as it went lopsided, giddy and enamoured.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:34 pm 

Part of Draco desperately wanted to deny it, some small part of him wanting to get to hold that over Harry, but he knew that it would be to no avail. His desire for Harry was far too transparent, too obvious in the way that he kept pulling him closer and kept wanting to touch him.
It was probably a pitiful sight, just how easy it was for Harry to get into Draco’s good graces, but he just couldn’t help it.
“I missed you,” Draco stated, hating how he could feel the loss in his bones still, almost unable to believe that Harry was actually back with him, had actually chosen to spend his time with him. It was clear that Harry knew as much as well, having been able to read Draco like an open book since he came through the floo, but now that he was back within Draco’s reach, he was finding it very hard to mind.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:00 pm 

Harry beamed, a gratification he hadn’t felt in years. It was a victory entirely unlike catching the Snitch, but still he felt like laughing to dispel the sense of vertigo that went through him.
Draco’s magic had crept beneath Harry’s skin and lodged itself there, but the fact that it might be mutual eased the panic had felt three days ago, reassured by the fact that Draco was in just as deep.
Running his hands up the line of Draco’s neck, Harry once again cupped him by his jaw.
“Stupid,” Harry exhaled about the situation as he leaned in, his voice betrayed him and softening the sound into a chuckle. The grin was still widely on his lips as he crossed the distance between them to meet Draco’s in a kiss.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:53 pm 

Not for the first time in their time together, Draco had to conclude that being kissed by Harry was vastly different from kissing Harry. The way Harry beamed at Draco’s small revelation aided in sending his head spinning, unable to stop himself from reading everything into it.
If him missing Harry could put a grin like that on his face, it felt impossible to believe that Harry didn’t want him around, even if it seemed absolutely impossible to properly wrap his head around.
Even with Harry leaning down, Draco still found himself stretching into the kiss, eager to soak it all in. It all seemed so sudden, Draco able to dispel his disappointment far easier then he ever thought he would be able to, and unsure whether or not he really appreciated that.
For now though, all he could think about was holding onto Harry, as if for his dear life, and returning the kiss with equal vigour.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:42 pm 

The tightness with which Draco held him threatened to make Harry’s knees buckle, overwhelmed. While Harry wasn’t a stranger to uncomfortable idolization, he had never liked a version of himself more than the one he saw and felt in Draco’s eagerness. The sincerity of Draco’s affection was dizzying, genuine and intimate and justified in a way that nobody else’s had ever felt. Harry could drown himself in it, never once coming up for air.
Selfishly, he wrapped his arms tightly around Draco’s neck, desperate to live up to everything Draco thought him to be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 99  Next