All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:43 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Draco hadn’t noticed Harry arriving, having been using all of his focus to attempt to be present and actually interact with his colleagues whenever it seemed suitable.
Thus, he almost jumped when he suddenly heard Harry’s voice, feeling himself yearning to be close to him, even if they had been together this morning. Then again, Draco had come to accept the fact that he always wanted Harry around, even if it was like this and he couldn’t reach out for him.
It was absolutely instinctive, the way Draco’s attention seemed to immediately land entirely on Harry, no matter how much he tried to not be caught up in him.
In an attempt to do something about the itching in his fingers, he reached for his glass instead, swirling the deep red liquid around just so that he would have something to do with his hands and to help him feel less aware in the situation.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:39 pm 

Before Harry had the chance to return the question to Brennan, happy to feign interest in the discussion if that warranted his presence, Buchannan spoke up; seated next to Draco, Harry’s gaze barely had to move.
“Did Gawain let you lot off?” Buchannan asked, his smile was more loaded with exasperation than it would be if he was entirely sober, making Harry’s own go lopsided.
It wasn’t unknown to Harry that the other departments among the DMLE found Robards’s quarterlies to be an awful boys club, a format not mirrored by neither the Cursebreakers or the forensics; there was no doubt in Harry’s mind that Buchannan knew Harry hadn’t shown up to the pub dry.
“Yeah, some bit ago,” Harry replied, shifting his stance with an almost boyish demeanour, although that was most likely a simple thrill of being here, rather than a proof of his intoxication.
His eyes, inevitably, darted to Draco, his smile widening before his gaze reluctantly returned onto Buchannan.
“Figured I could do with a pint, too. It’s suddenly been a while.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:17 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Despite knowing that Harry was looking at and talking to Buchannan, he still couldn’t help the thrill that ran through him at the attention.
It wasn’t like his time with Harry was sparse, the two of them getting to spend most of their nights together by now, apparently not keen to be alone at either of their houses.
It wasn’t a new realisation to him, but every single time he was forced to face it, he realised just how keen he was to spend time with Harry. It was terrifying to realise that he was never not going to want to spend time with Harry, already feeling the itching in his fingers to reach for him.
If Harry was to ask, Draco knew that he would leave in that moment without a moment of hesitation.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:34 pm 

Crossing his arms, Buchannan leaned slightly towards Draco in a manner that made him look younger, a little smile playing at the corner of his mouth.
“Every now and then, Head Auror Robards likes to invite his most special boys for a drink,” he elaborated with feigned reverence, although the way he spoke to include Draco on the tease was full of camaraderie, clearly claiming him as one of his.
It had Harry choke out a humoured laugh, less affronted by the tease as he was entertained by the fact that, several hours later, Harry had already told Draco the very same thing. Even something as small as that had a thrill running down Harry’s spine, drunk on the fact that they existed to each other beyond the bounds of the pub.
Using Buchannan’s inclusion of Draco in the conversation, Harry felt it perfectly permitted to look at him too, his grin wide and humoured, a glimmer of a joke shared between just the two of them.
“We are all terribly jealous,” Buchannan punctuated, glancing back at Harry with a friendly tease in his smile. “I hear he serves up the good stuff.”

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:39 pm 

When Harry finally found it appropriate to look directly at him, Draco almost wished that he hadn’t, unsure if he would be able to stop a large grin from appearing on his lips as well. It wasn’t even that he didn’t enjoy Friday night pints with the team, he just knew that nothing would ever make him feel as good as when he was just spending time with Harry.
It was probably going to be painfully obvious how he eased up in Harry’s presence, so Draco really did his best to control his facial expressions.
“Sounds like I am really missing out,” Draco stated, a soft grin playing on his lips as he tried to split his focus equally between Harry and Buchannan, but it was undeniable who pulled his gaze more.
“Maybe I should have stuck with Potter when I had the chance.”

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:20 pm 

The corner of Harry’s mouth twitched upwards, a derailed thought visible on his expression. There was really no world where Draco would have become an Auror, and still the mere hypothetical seemed to pique Harry’s interest. The way Draco said Potter only seemed to encourage it, making it all too vivid.
“You’re not missing out,” Harry dismissed as the grin finally settled on his lips, his gaze warm and loaded with the way reality differed from the advice he was giving. “Paul’s far nicer than any of Robard’s whiskeys.”
Thankfully, Buchannan’s snort broke Harry out of his reverie.
“Such a flirt,” he replied with fake exasperation, rolling his eyes at Harry though directing himself to Draco for validation; it was likely that little distinction that tipped Harry’s grin into a laugh, caught off guard by the ridicule of it all.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:56 pm 

It took everything in Draco not to reach out for Harry, instead reaching for the glass of wine that he had been nursing, just to do something with his hands. It didn’t stop him from leaning towards Harry though, feeling relaxed and at ease now that Harry was around.
It was when he reached for his glass that he noticed that Hannah’s attention seemed to linger on him. She had a look on her face that he found hard to discern, it was clear that there was something on her mind however it didn’t seem like she was keen to share it just yet.
He decided that it probably wasn’t all that important and just kept his attention on Harry and Buchannan.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:06 pm 

When conversation mulled, Harry ducked his head to look over the group of Cursebreakers, using the gesture as an intentional attempt to pull back, fearing he wouldn’t get up if he allowed himself to linger.
“I better get on, but listen, let me buy the next round,” he said, as his attention returned to Buchannan.
Although it was commonplace for Harry to spurge with such an invitation - enough that Harry suspected it had been Buchannan’s intention all along - Harry wasn’t unaware of the fact that the offer came just a tad bit easier knowing Draco was in the group. It was likely as close he would ever get to buying Draco a pint, and still Harry was going to take it, starved for that kind of relationship, too.
Harry’s gaze flickered over to Draco, and inevitably a smile reappeared onto his lips, although his attention remained on Buchannan when he spoke.
“If whiskey is what you want, whiskey you shall get, Buck,” he grinned, already taking a step around Buchannan’s chair. Accompanying the tease, Harry’s hand fell overtop of Buchannan’s shoulder, patting a few flat encouragements to his coworker’s clavicle. Within the next step, he had withdrawn it.
It didn’t even register to Harry, the way the motion repeated itself. Within another step, Harry had stepped behind Buchannan’s chair to Draco’s, and rather than pocketing his hand, it slipped onwards to Draco’s shoulder. Pinching an almost juvenile little tease to the skin where Draco’s shoulder met his neck, the impulse to reach for Draco burned through any sense of logic.
“Cheers, lads, enjoy your evening,” Harry smiled as a parting remark, hand off of Draco almost as soon as it had found him. He raised the same in half a wave, before continuing behind the row of Cursebreakers towards his own company.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:24 pm 

The way Harry’s hand found his shoulder, speaking to how Draco had been wanting to reach out for him as well, and there was something deeply intoxicating about how that feeling was reciprocated. It made him eager to get back home to the manor, where he was almost certain that he would be able to find Harry as well.
It was incredible to him how even that short caress sent a sense of calm over him, wanting him to stay close and not leave him for the night. In a way, it was a relief that the caress was short lived, making it so that Draco didn’t have time to reach out for him and beg him to stay.
Instead, he fell right back into his conversation with Buchannan and Hannah, pointedly not noticing the looks they were sending him as Harry walked away.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:10 pm 

Although Harry had spent the evening painfully aware of Draco’s presence, he believed himself to have been engaging, pleasant company to the couple of Inspectors who had wanted to extend their evening with him. The same couldn’t be said in Draco’s absence, finding it to be all-consuming.
It had been a couple of minutes since Draco had left the huddle of Cursebreakers, leaving the pub through the Floo, and Harry had immediately lost any and all interest in the conversation around him. Instead, the effort was focused on drinking his pint not too quickly, nor glancing at the clock perched on the mantle too often.
In the end it was inevitable, the way Harry had gone after Draco as soon as five minutes had passed, a thrill of anticipation tight in his chest.
They had talked about ending their workday at the Tadpole, but the conversation had omitted any concrete plans for their evening, and still it was the coordinates to the Manor Harry muddled to the fireplace.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:35 pm 

The evening had progressed pleasantly enough, even after Harry had left their table, but it was undeniable that being around that many people had completely drained his social battery. He still much preferred to work alone, not used to having to take others into consideration, and luckily it seemed that most people had gotten an understanding of that and respected that.
Despite his exhaustion though, he couldn’t stop himself from smiling when the fireplace lit up in the telltale green flame and Harry entered his kitchen.
They hadn’t talked about it, hadn’t made any arrangements, and yet here were, apparently seeking out each other even after spending the evening in the company of others.
“Hello stranger,” he said as Harry properly exited the fireplace.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:42 pm 

Contrary to the constant hum of the bar, the Manor kitchen was dead silent when Harry exited the Floo, Draco’s voice carrying through it so clearly that it made Harry shudder, stalling him by the fireplace.
Harry had wanted to play the tease up, to meet it halfway by leaning into it, saying he had seen Draco across the bar as if they were really strangers. He never got to it, no longer having that kind of restraint or charade in him.
Instead, his smile widened in a hazy little greeting, crossing the floor towards Draco.
“Hey,” was all he could muster, his voice little more than a breath. He was barely a foot from Draco when he reached for him, hands cupping his jaw as he stretched to kiss him, finally.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:02 pm 

How easily Harry sought him out made Draco’s heart soar, making it absolutely impossible not to grin into the kiss, which he met willingly. He had seen Harry several times throughout the evening and had wanted to be close to him, and it still seemed so incredibly unreal that this was something he got to have.
A year ago, he never thought that he would get to go out and get pints with his coworkers and get to go home with a guy that he really liked. It was such a surreal situation for him and as his hands found Harry’s waist, he knew that he was so terribly lost.
It was something he already knew about himself but he was suddenly made very aware of the fact that his attraction to Harry was more than just sexual and he still didn’t know what to do about that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:02 pm 

Nothing would ever truly compare to the feeling of colliding against another and being caught, readily, openly, willingly. Having grown so unaccustomed to the life he had been living for years, Harry needed to shed the day like an itchy sweater and nothing had ever proved as effective a cure as the feeling of Draco’s hands on him. After months cooped up at the Manor, Harry’s sense of self had muddled, never seeming to feel entirely whole anywhere but here.
Suddenly - damningly - Harry realised he could not ever bear another day in the public eye if Draco wouldn’t be there to put him back together.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:11 am 

________
Despite having had a very good weekend, starting up Monday had been very rough on Draco.
Work was mostly just work, however Hannah had been acting sour all day and Draco had had a very hard time pinpointing why that might be. As far as he knew, they had been cordial when he left the Tadpole on Friday, so he just assumed that something had happened to her over the weekend and that it really wasn’t any of his business.
They had just returned from lunch, which had also been a strained affair, and were now returning to the work that they had been doing together for weeks by now.
It was an easy routine and Draco was barely thinking as he went through the motions and cataloguing items and scribbling down notes on how he thought the items might relate to Harry’s condition. It made it easy to ignore Hannah’s sour mood and soon he was back in his rhythm.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:43 am 

Hannah had gone home from the Tadpole furious, burdened by the sight of Malfoy’s expression when Potter had reached for him, damning and obvious. Despite having spent the weekend dulling that ire, convincing herself it wasn’t her business, the mere sight of Malfoy had reignited it all again, and she had spent the morning biting her cheek to keep herself from engaging.
It all suddenly snapped, sometime after lunch.
“You’re sleeping with Potter,” she stated, the frustration spilling out of her.
Although the remark was directed towards her work, her eyes were daggers when she looked up at him, disappointment laced in between her anger. “Aren’t you?”

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:04 am 

After having spent most of the day with Hannah mostly in silence, having only exchanged the most important of messages, nothing could have prepared Draco for the accusation that suddenly flew through the room.
It made him freeze in place, unsure exactly when Hannah would have picked up on that, but he suspected that some of it had to have come that Friday. He wasn’t too worried that others would have picked up on it, knowing that no one knew him like Hannah and Buchannan did, but it still felt extremely exposing that the two of them knew that about him.
He looked up at her, trying to read the expression on her face, wanting to gauge exactly how much she knew and how much she thought she knew.
The truth was devastatingly evident on her face.
“The way you’re asking that question makes me believe that you already know the answer,” he stated, not having it in himself to actually confirm that out loud.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:23 am 

For a split second, the balance on Hannah’s expression shifted, and a flash of ruined disappointment tainted her features before anger once again settled in its place.
“You’re a ****ing idiot, Malfoy,” she answered, her voice strained and tense, not unaware of the fact that they were having his conversation at work.
The reply Malfoy offered him was a cowardly defence at best, and it made her blood boil, angry that he couldn’t even say it out loud, that he must’ve known how foolish this was.
“For how long?”

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:15 pm 

The question made Draco look down at his notes, feeling embarrassed to look directly at Hannah while having to admit to this. It didn’t help much, the flowing french of his private notes only serving to remind him of how impressed Harry had been about it the first time he had noticed.
“About six months,” he stated, voice far more confident than he had thought it would be, however he was fully aware of the fact that that wasn’t likely to impress Hannah.
He had known that what he was doing was stupid the entire time he had been doing it, but having to face someone else knowing what he was doing was almost too much for him to handle.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:31 pm 

Hannah's gaze shifted across Malfoy’s face, suddenly perceiving him as a stranger. It made her lip curl, curses building in the back of her throat, but above all she felt betrayed, something fragile between them shattering.
She had to glance away, realising she had leaned over her desk with sheer anger. When she sat back her jaw worked, every muscle in her body tense and explosive, struck by the bitter irony of it all.
“Promised you a job, then?” she asked, a restrained hurt shining through her anger when she looked back a him; disappointed by Malfoy, furious at Potter for holding that over him. “How generous.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 99  Next