All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:00 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

With a flick of his wrist, Draco easily made the tea and the creamer pour into the cup in front of Harry. He knew that it was the easy way around it, but Draco was still allowed to use magic, so it seemed silly to abstain just because he had locked Harry down.
“Well, I have a ton of research that is still waiting for me,” Draco stated with a shrug as he took a sip from his own cup, which was almost empty by now. It no longer made Draco feel weird to be aware so much earlier than Harry, finding comfort in the routine that they had managed to build for themselves, even if there was also something very new.
“Speaking of, I thought I had told you not to use magic,” Draco stated matter of factly, knowing that it was likely rude to bring up something that Harry had done in the heat of the moment, but he really did believe that Harry should abstain from any and all magic. “A sticking charm is still magic.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:18 am 

The stark change of subject made Harry’s smile waver, not as much out of worry as it was out of confusion. Draco’s words meant nothing to him, until they did; the moment of realisation was visible, Harry’s eyes briefly darting up to Draco’s hair.
Harry paused, uncertain how to interpret the tone Draco took with him, finding that it elevated his heartrate. Of course, Harry understood what Draco was fussing about, but only doing so through context. Harry had no recollection of charming Draco’s hair up. By now that little spell could almost be considered muscle memory, and he wouldn’t deny it if pressed about it.
Harry considered denying the allegation, anyway.
“Yeah. You’re right,” he eventually agreed, easily. Draco’s recommendations were perfectly ingrained in Harry’s consciousness, and after a month of due diligence, Harry trusted that Draco knew it wasn’t a matter of being lazy about it.
Subsequently, Harry had a hard time caring.
“Did you get it out of your hair alright?” he instead asked, something he thought to be a more reasonable point of contingency. Draco had left for the night with this hair still tied up, and though it wasn’t a permanent charm, Harry could imagine it being finicky to the unfamiliar.
Aware of the deflection from the point, Harry’s smile went crooked, interested in hearing how much of last night Draco was willing to acknowledge in daylight. “You can usually just comb it out, but I’ll admit it might not have been my tidiest work.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:11 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The way Harry suddenly seemed so extremely guilt ridden was extremely endearing to Draco, even if he should probably feel bad for making him feel like that. It was nice though that Harry cared so much about following his instructions, even if he still had little to no reason to actually believe his finds. It made Draco feel like Harry properly trusted him, even if he had no reason to believe that Harry had done anything but that.
“I am teasing you,” Draco stated, a warm smile. Though he was very serious about Harry not using magic, as he still had no idea how his magic interacted with the dark source that was clearly lodged in his chest, he figured that one sticking charm wasn’t going to be what killed him.
“I mean, don’t use magic, but I doubt that one sticking charm is going to be what kills you,” he added, placing his tea back down on the saucer and turning his full attention to Harry.
“It went out just fine, don’t worry about it.”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:39 am 

The warmth of Draco’s smile did wonders to calm Harry, feeling it wash over him as a warm breeze.
“I didn’t realize,” Harry felt like he needed to defend, though the tension in his shoulders had eased as soon as Draco clarified it to be a tease. For the entirety of Harry’s life, there hadn’t been much margin for error, often finding that missteps were punished.
Regardless, a sheepish smile pulled at his smile, more willing to participate now that he knew it was a joke.
“I’ll try and be mindful of it,” he said, eyes ducking as he reached for the cup of tea Draco had prepared for him. Harry was certainly aware of which context he was more likely to use wandless magic, making him grin at Draco over the rim of his cup. “Spare you the trouble of accidentally offing myself when I'm not wearing pants.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:57 pm 

Draco chuckled at Harry’s last comment, knowing that the risk of that happening was very low, but he would still very much appreciate it not happening. There was a huge level of relief in being able to joke around with Harry and not constantly walking on eggshells around him.
“How thoughtful of you,” Draco said with a warm smile, having quite admired the work of the sticky charm. It wasn’t a huge feat of magic, but Harry had done it with such little thought that it made Draco think that it likely wasn’t the first time he had done it.
“It would just save me answering a lot of questions,” he added.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:46 am 

________

Whether or not it was entirely make believe, Harry thought he had had a productive workday. When they stopped for supper, their conversation had been centered on their work, both verbalising new interpretations to share and discuss. It made the lull that befell as they had moved to the drawing room that more thrilling, the silence no longer pressing.
They hadn’t discussed the practical bounds of their relationship, and while Harry didn’t particularly find the need to do so, it still left him with a boyish sense of anticipation.
He sat down on the sofa with little else but a huff; not because he didn’t have more to say to Draco, but out of interest, leaving space for Draco to fill it at his own pace.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:54 am 

The day had went a lot more smoothly than Draco could have feared, once again having found just how easy it was to be comfortable in Harry’s company. As Draco poured the wine, having elected to do it by hand just to see what Harry would do, he peered over at Harry. It made him pleased to see that Harry had elected to sit down on the sofa, still unsure what the physical bounds of their relation was, but willing to just take it as they went.
“There you go,” Draco stated, a glass of wine in each hand, one handed towards Harry, as he took a seat on the sofa next to Harry, a littler closer than what was strictly necessary. It felt natural though and Draco liked that he didn’t have to overthink every single move he made.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:03 am 

Harry couldn’t help but grin into his wine glass, privately humoured by how timidly Draco was coming onto him. There was a juvenile shyness about the stolen touch, an invitation Draco didn’t verbally address when he spoke to Harry.
Harry gladly took him up on that invitation.
Eyes to their laps, Harry welcomed the proximity, his hand curling around the inside of Draco’s knee, increasing the line where their legs met with another inch. There iit settled, aimless as he waited for Draco’s reaction.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:32 am 

While Harry’s hand on his knee probably shouldn’t take him aback like this, he still felt surprised at the sudden caress. It wasn’t scandalous in any sense of the word, Draco could still feel heat creep into his cheeks, finding that it was different when they were in the drawing room.
Unsure exactly how to go about being in Harry’s presence like this, Draco took a sip from his wine, as he allowed him is legs to follow along with Harry’s hand and softly hooked over Harry’s thigh. It felt incredibly bold and Draco tried to remain casual in the caress.
“I think I should repeat at least one of the tests tomorrow, now that I know more about what to look for,” Draco stated, as if they weren’t intertwined and drinking wine.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:01 am 

The weight of Draco’s leg over his made Harry’s stomach flip, effectively deafening whatever Draco so casually was telling him. It caught Harry off guard, finding it to be a thrilling turn of events.
Even though Harry’s heartbeat was loud in his ears, he had grown intimately familiar with the sound of Draco’s voice, able to recognize Draco was talking business. It made Harry’s head spin, stupidly.
When Draco had moved his leg beneath it, Harry’s hand hadn’t followed, allowing it to shift to the inside of Draco’s thigh without having had to move. It was a charade with no audience, the implication of stolen touches during meetings or dinners; the gesture was both incredibly juvenile and secretive, unacknowledged, striking something within Harry that made his cheeks flush.
“Yeah?” he prompted with very little awareness of what tangent Draco had picked for them to discuss, and, if he was honest, with little other interest but to keep Draco talking.
Harry’s eyes were still on his hand against the dark fabric of Draco’s trousers, watching his hand move upwards another inch.
“Which?”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:31 am 

Draco sipped his wine, trying not to pay too much mind to how Harry’s hand had moved up his thigh as he had moved it. It was a small thing in the big picture, but it made the heat stay in his cheeks, suddenly finding the entire thing new and a little intimidating.
They had never gone into anything this openly after all, and Draco still felt as if he was overstepping his boundaries a little. It didn’t seem like Harry minded it at all though, so Draco decided to just stay on his tangent, not looking down at Harry’s hand.
“The location spell,” Draco stated, leaning back against the sofa cushions and looking over at Harry. They were sitting too close to comfortably be able to look at each other while talking, something that likely shouldn’t take Draco aback yet still did.
“I want to see if it has moved further, I am still not keen on how close to your heart it is,” he stated, his tone overwhelmingly professional, something that surprised even himself.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:09 am 

Harry hummed an acknowledgement, an encouragement for Draco to carry on. This time, Harry made a point of keeping his hand steady, even as Draco shifted. It remained comfortably at the top of Draco’s inner thigh, yet far from offering any touch that could be considered gratifying.
Not as much interested in pushing boundaries as he was in tipping the scale, Harry instead flexed and relaxed his hand, drawing lines across the fabric with his fingers.
“Uh huh.”
When Harry’s eyes finally met Draco’s, the other had lent so far backwards that Harry looked at him across the tip of his shoulder. He grinned, boyishly, nothing reflecting the fact that Draco was once again speaking to him about something potentially deadly to Harry.
It didn’t even exist to him, and yet he asked, “Do you know where it is now?”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:36 am 

There was a certain juvenile energy in their interactions, making Draco feel giddy about the entire thing. It was making it hard for Draco to keep his focus on what Harry was asking him, but he was suspecting that Harry wasn’t actually all that interested in the answer.
Instead, Draco took another sip from the wine and used his free hand to reach out and draw an approximate circle on Harry’s chest; purposefully keeping the touch light.
“Around there, if I recall correctly,” Draco stated, letting his hand linger for a moment before withdrawing it again. Every touch felt amplified, both probably because of just how new their arrangement was and because he couldn’t shake the feeling of it being a little forbidden to share touching like this in the drawing room.
“I hope that that is where it is still, because that will mean that it hasn’t moved.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:58 am 

Draco’s touch was light to begin with, the layers of clothes covering Harry’s chest muffling it to barely a brush, sending needles down Harry’s spine with the attention he put into grasping it. He turned his chest slightly into the touch, shifting his shoulders to be able to face Draco.
It was no avail, Draco’s hand quick to disappear. Thoughtlessly, Harry mirrored the motion, drawing a circle against Draco’s thigh, either processing the information or the loss.
Draco spoke with such restraint it drove Harry mad, but the flush high of Draco’s cheeks remained a boyish encouragement, a proof that Draco wasn’t as unaffected as his tone would allude.
“How far do you think it’s moved?” Harry asked, the stupidity of the question only amplified in its repetition. Harry was aware of it, the corner of his mouth quirking upward.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:17 am 

The added question made Draco grin and softly shake his head, not for long, just finding the entire situation a little silly. There was something intoxicating by the way that Harry kept trying to get Draco to touch him, even if it was just the smallest of things.
“Well, I sincerely hope that it hasn’t moved at all,” Draco stated, knowing that that likely wasn’t the answer that Harry was fishing for, but it just seemed like more fun to tease him a little.
However, also wanting to touch Harry and not just wanting to be driven made by the hand on his thigh, Draco reached out for Harry chest again, slightly lower than where it was before.
“But it can have moved down here,” he stated, looking at his own hand against Harry’s clothed chest rather than at his face.
“Or here,” he stated, moving his hand closer to Harry’s heart.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:26 am 

When Draco’s hand moved closer to a spot nearer Harry’s heart, a shudder went through him, Draco’s touch reaching further beneath his skin than before. It sent a shiver up Harry’s spine, too intoxicated by Draco to even consider it something worth mentioning, to him just another pity admissal of his infatuation. He only hummed, certain that Draco could feel the beating of his heart, now that he had allowed his hand to linger. Despite the slow pace of their touches, Harry found it thrilling, only amplified by the grandeur of the room around them.
“This far?” Harry clarified, eyes still on Draco as his index finger trailed another inch up Draco’s thigh, a reasonable enough interpretation of the distance Draco had marked on Harry’s chest.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:45 am 

The touch to his thigh made Draco’s breath catch in his throat, having been caught by surprise by even that tiny bit of movement. It made his brain short circuit for a moment, having a hard time remembering what he had even been talking about in the first place.
“Yeah,” he breathed, taking another sip from his win in an attempt to get his heart back to a normal heart rate. It didn’t work very well, but Draco also didn’t want to do anything that made Harry move his hand.
“I guess around that far.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:02 am 

Harry saw the shiver go through Draco, the way his breath caught in his throat, seeing it catch on his lips before Draco took a sip, painting his lips a deep red only for a moment. It was everything and more to Harry, and he grinned, victorious.
“You don’t think it was more?” he questioned, inconspicuously and stupidly, as if there were any significant distance left before it could no longer be considered Draco’s thigh. Somewhere in Harry’s grin was a genuine question, aware of the fact that they were still acting only on assumptions and not on shared experience.
His hand remained there unwavering, heavy against the soft flesh beneath the fabric.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:13 am 

It was too much.
Everything about Harry was too much for Draco to handle, and he knew that if he didn’t get to kiss him soon, he was likely going to lose his mind. There was no longer a delicate balance for them to keep, because they both agreed that this was something that they wanted to do.
Instead, his gaze finally found Harry’s face again, not surprised to find a grin on his lips, but also not caring that he had seemingly lost their little game.
“Drink up, we can’t get red wine on the good sofa,” Draco instead stated, before emptying the remainder of his own glass.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:41 am 

Draco’s response floored him, causing his otherwise self-secure smile to falter. It was shocking just how easily Harry had lost the upper hand. Not that he particularly wanted it, the boldness of Draco’s order sending a shiver down his spine in anticipation.
Harry gladly did as he was told, grinning as he took his wine glass to his lips to finish it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 99  Next