All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:12 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

While it was going to be strange to suddenly be sharing his living space with someone else, especially when that someone else was Potter, Draco also found a small level of relief in it. Sure, he and Potter were not friends and they were never going to be, but they were at least civil so far and Draco thought that they could have an enjoyable living arrangement as well.
“It’s no bother,” he said, even if that wasn’t entirely the truth. However, it also wasn’t enough of a bother that Draco would want to send Potter away. In fact, if he was going to be involved in solving this case, he preferred to keep Potter close by, in case he was going to need further information.
Silence fell over the kitchen as the words sank in, making both of them realise that this was going to be their new normal for the near foreseeable future. Draco had no idea how long this was going to take, but he knew that he was going to need a lot of time and though Potter had just told him that he didn’t need any answers, he so desperately wished he had any. That, and a large glass of wine.
“You know,” he stated, feeling certain that Potter would indeed not know, but it seemed like that best way to start that tangent of the conversation.
“The Malfoys have been collecting wine for decades, the manor wine cellar is more than well stocked,” he started out, glancing briefly out of the window, almost as if he was avoiding Potter’s gaze, but mostly he was just trying to find peace in their interactions. “I’m sure Coote would be able to find a suitable bottle for us, if you’d want to.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:24 pm 

Though a drink had been the furthest from Harry’s mind, the unexpected offer made him look like he had been lost in the dessert and Malfoy had offered him water; he could almost cry, a moment of relief in what had become a stifling new normal.
The look of teary gratitude shifted, giving way for a smile, well-aware of the ridicule of his own reaction.
"I’d love that," he admitted in an exhale, the smile continuing to pull at the corner of his mouth. He felt exhausted and like drowning that with alcohol; in reality, just like he would do any other Friday evening, though pub night and Dan no longer existed in his consciousness. This was hardly celebratory, anyway, as much as it was to soothe a budding hurt and terrible news.
"Doesn’t even have to be any of the good ones," Harry felt like clarifying, no doubt in his mind that Malfoy Manor contained enough expensive wine to pay off a mortgage. Both quality and value would certainly be lost on him, especially a day like today. "I’d love any."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:59 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

____
It hadn’t been a long night for Draco, who had ended up going to bed later than he usually did, but woke up at the same time. Thus, by the time Potter had woken up to find him in his study, Draco had already clocked in several hours of work, something that had made Potter shake his head and point out that it was the weekend.
That hadn’t deterred Draco from doing even more work, his inspiration to work on the project not caring about whether or not it was the weekend. Draco knew that he had to strike while the iron was hot, wanting to follow his line of ideas while they were still clear in his mind.
Potter’s presence in the study had been a constant reminder in the back of his head, painfully aware of his presence, even if he wasn’t really doing anything. It was getting easier to work while Potter was in the room, finding his presence less stifling than he had when Potter had first arrived at the manor.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:18 pm 

Immediately after dinner, Harry had asked Kreacher for another round of provisions, better equipping him to a much longer stay at Malfoy Manor that initially expected. Harry had gone to bed carefully optimistic and a few glasses of expensive wine richer and calmer.
However, while he had risen with every good intention, that optimism was quick to deflate.
Despite the inclusion of a few randomly selected novels from the Grimmauld library, Harry was just about going insane before the clock struck 11. He had tried to sleep in, had comfortably read the Prophet as he had breakfast before withdrawing to the study at a lack of other space to entertain himself in. There, he had attempted to get through the first chapter of the first edition 1928 Russian wizarding fiction Kreacher had inexplicably deemed worth a read; Harry had re-read the introduction five times before finally accepting defeat, bored out of his mind.
He had stared into space for another while, growing increasingly more exasperated.
Some internal balance tipping over, Harry got up from his chair, a fraction too forcefully. He was suddenly entirely disinterested in respecting the sanctity of the weekend he had otherwise tried to impose onto Malfoy.
"Sorry," he muttered, the sound of the chair loud in comparison to the dead silence of the room. "**** this."
He grabbed parchment and the quill and inkpot, before stepping away from the desk. The way he glanced over at Malfoy showed he had had some intention of explaining or excusing himself, but the words never came, and he exited the room without any further remark.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:30 pm 

The sudden noise of the chair startled Draco severely, having been used to a deep quiet in the study, unless he and Potter had immediately needed each other for anything.
It made Draco look up at Potter, who looked frazzled and irate, yet without any clear source as to the cause of his sudden irritation. It struck Draco with a fear that he had done something to cause that level of irritation in Potter, even if he had been working in the same way for several hours and had done nothing to change his pattern whatsoever.
Silence settled over the study once more when Potter left the room, parchment and quill in hand as he did, which caused the anxiety to stay with Draco. He managed to continue with his work, though he was less focused than he had been before Potter had stormed out and it frustrated him to no end.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:05 pm 

Harry had had it; what he thought he could wait to do until Monday morning had suddenly become an itch he couldn’t scratch, completely choking him up in what he wanted to do but couldn’t. Rough handed and with little respect for protocol, Harry had chucked a letter directly through the kitchen Floo to Head Auror Robards’s home office. Then, he had pulled a chair to the fireplace, crossed his legs, and waited.
It hadn’t taken more than 10 minutes before the fire lit green and Robards’s face appeared between the flames, expression caught between genuine surprise and utter annoyance, demanding to know where on Earth Harry was calling him from and why he wasn’t the one arse up on the floor.
It hadn’t entirely been a productive tone to set for the conversation.
Harry had bristled, immediately equally annoyed by the near sightedness of his superior. A month’s worth of unanswered and unaddressed worries suddenly came to a cusp, Harry’s patience worn thin by dismissive, undermining protocols or interpretations. The two Aurors had both raised their voices at one another, the conversation immediately derailed.
"These are not decisions for you to make, Potter, I don’t care what leeway Shacklebolt insist on allowing you," Robards cussed, cheeks undoubtedly flushed red on the other end of the green sheen of the Floo. "If you’re incapacitated to work or in danger I expect you to follow protocol and go to St. Mungo’s for proper treatment, not out looking for holistic treatments like some absolute child –"
"I’ve been to St. Mungo’s and they don’t know ****," Harry bit, getting up from the chair, the same mannerism as an animal in a cage. He ripped the window open, intent on making a point. "I’ve been going in and out of there for the past month looking for answers, but here I can’t step a foot outside without everything -"
Before he could process the memory of how Malfoy’s wards specifically manifested, he had tried to reach a hand outside. The misjudged force of his motion made his knuckles slam against the ward with the same force as if Harry had punched a wall.
Immediately, the room lit blue, the alarm quick to signal at his chest.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:28 pm 

Draco had just managed to get a good flow on his work, feeling like maybe he was finally getting his groove back after Potter’s sudden departure fro the study, when the alarm suddenly started blaring. It was an even bigger shock to Draco than Potter suddenly leaving the study, especially because Draco hadn’t actually heard the alarm of the ward for many years.
Reaching for his wand, which was stuck into his hair as per usual, Draco went to look for Potter. He figured that he wouldn’t actually have been stupid enough to try and get out. However, something had clearly triggered the ward and Draco was the only one who was able to disable the ward again once it had been triggered, so it only made sense that he was going to have to go see what was going on.
It didn’t take long for him to locate Potter, a light guiding him towards what had tried to break out, and it wasn’t a big surprise to him when it turned out to come from the kitchen.
Even if Draco was fully within his right to just walk inside, something made him stop in the partially open doorway, making him realise that Potter was using the floo to have a conversation with someone that Draco didn’t recognise. Based on the irate expression on Potter’s face, Draco judged that it was better not to disturb, at least for now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:31 pm 

The sight of the ward had visibly made Robards’s anger waver, though only for long enough for Harry to notice it. Harry recognized it, finding that it mirrored his own reaction; worry and then headfast dismissal of the implications.
Robards had continued to argue, dismissing Malfoy’s ability to compete with the care and knowledge of the collective workforce at St. Mungo’s. Harry had, as politely as possible, disagreed, rightfully annoyed at the fact that he himself had had to source out relevant material.
To that, Robards had accused him of being completely devout of common sense – questioning how he hadn’t thought twice about Malfoy’s intentions behind that line of study, and taken his work at face value. It had made Harry cough a joyless laugh, offended at what he was insinuating. He had moved back to the fireplace, the blue light still lighting up through his jumper.
"His work’s published anonymously," Harry cut him off, hearing where the conversation was heading. He had no intentions of entertaining that line of reasoning, rather sparing the Head Auror the opportunity to let old prejudices air. "I have absolutely no reason to mistrust its validity."
"There’s a plenitude of reasons not to trust him –"
"No, there’s not," Harry insisted, his voice firm and deaf to Robards’s worries. "He’s a Ministry hire, and I trust him accordingly."
That brought the conversation to a stalemate. Harry was well aware of the fact that Malfoy wasn’t a Ministry hire by Robards’s accord; the only reason Malfoy had been offered a paid position in the first place was that Harry had gone above Robards for it.
It was clear that they both realised that Harry had played a bold move, and it had paid off. Whether Robards agreed with it or not, Malfoy’s employment had come directly from the Minister’s office.
The two of them stared at each other for a long and painful moment.
"Stay on the ****ing line," Robards bit, before his face disappeared out of the flames; these remained green, the connection still active.
Harry, in turn, slumped back into the chair. He felt exhausted, and the adrenaline had subsided sufficiently for the pain in his hand to become noticeable. He flexed his hand, confirming that nothing had broken, though his knuckles bloomed pink in a fresh bruise.
It took Robards another moment before he reappeared.
"Aziz will be at the office in an hour, you will direct your requests to him," he said, a tense and reluctant accept of the situation; or, at the very least, of Harry’s extraordinary request for material. "Don’t call me again unless you have any answers to give."
Harry straightened his posture, the anger no longer as audible in his voice. "Yes, sir."
With that, Robards disappeared. The flames turned orange, before subsiding, returning to the barely-present embers that were appropriate for early summer.
Harry sat for a moment, considering the way the conversation had played out. Not ideally, by any means, but Harry found it hard to care, not when he had been given free range of the Ministry archives on a Saturday. Needing to shake the last lingering tension, Harry stood, returning to the window to close it back up.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:27 am 

While Draco knew that he probably shouldn’t be snooping, he couldn’t help but stay and over hear Potter’s conversation with his superior. The man on the line, Robards if Draco recalled correctly, wasn’t necessarily wrong in mistrusting Draco. He knew that he had done very little to earn anyone’s trust, so it was a surprise, and a relief, when Potter steadfastly told him that he trusted Draco.
It probably shouldn’t matter as much as it did to Draco, but he honestly couldn’t think of another time since the war where anyone had taken a chance on him like that. It was overwhelming and almost made Draco tear up a bit, wanting to do everything that he could to make himself worthy of the amount of trust that Potter was showing him.
Deciding that now was the best time to show himself, he carefully wrapped his wand out of his hair before giving it a flick, making the blue light in Potter’s chest vanish. Then he sheepishly entered the kitchen, figuring that there was no reason to hide himself any longer.
“Everything alright?” He asked cautiously, unsure what he had just walked in on and not keen to disturb. Their interactions were already only just manageable and pleasant and Draco knew that they could very quickly take a turn for the worse. It was all about balance.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:25 am 

As soon as the ward subsided, Harry’s attention was directed towards the kitchen door, expecting Malfoy to appear. Harry had known that when he intentionally triggered the ward, it would only be a matter of time before Malfoy came to search him out; having lost track of time and space, Harry didn’t have a clear sense of whether or not Malfoy had overheard him.
"Yeah," Harry said, plainly, deciding it didn’t matter. His irritation had at no point been directed at Malfoy, something Harry noted when it so sheepishly deflated now that he was faced with him. "Sorry, I –"
Harry made a vague gesture towards the now-closed window, wanting to make clear that Malfoy hadn’t walked in on an escape attempt. He inhaled, wanting to add to it, but not knowing which details were relevant. In the pit of his stomach Harry knew Robards hadn’t said anything Malfoy wouldn’t have expected.
"The Ministry stops being helpful Fridays at five," he settled on, the expression on his face somewhere between an apologetic smile an a grimace.
Still having to talk to Aziz, Harry returned to the single chair still at the dinette. It wasn’t an intentional dismissal of Malfoy’s presence, though Harry didn’t know what to make of it. It had forced to halt his frustrations in a way that made his chest choke up, not having had enough time to digest it in his own time.
"A coworker’s doing me a favour, he’s heading in to send out some material in bulk," Harry said to the parchment, absentmindedly glancing up at Malfoy. A favour was maybe a stretch, but it hadn’t been Aziz who had cussed Harry out, either.
"Anything you might need between now and Monday at eight?" despite the lingering tension in the room, a little, pained smile appeared on Harry’s features. "- when their hospitality picks back up."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:32 pm 

The fact that Potter didn’t bring up the conversation that Draco had walked in on wasn’t a surprise to him, but he also didn’t really feel the need to dig into it. He knew that he wasn’t a person most people within the wizarding community, much less someone who worked in the ministry, would want to trust, so that fact that Potter vouched for him in such a way was overwhelming.
It made him feel that he had indeed made the right decision in agreeing to help Potter with his ailment, no matter how impossible and weird it all seemed.
It made him feel good about his abilities as a researcher, knowing that Potter easily could have gone to someone else, if he had felt that someone else would have been more capable of solving it. It really spoke to what Potter thought of him and while it was something that Draco tried not to think too much about, he was very aware of what it meant for their continued work together.
“Literally anything that you think will be helpful in my work,” he stated, following Potter in just talking about something else. It was easy to focus on the work they had at hand, Draco fully aware of just how much work was still ahead of them.
“Anything relating to your exposure to dark objects, especially volatile ones, or if there is anything at all about magical signatures,” he requested, trying not to feel too bad in asking for such documents. After all, he was on a contract for the ministry as well and Potter did ask if there was anything he needed.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:42 am 

The simultaneous broad and specific request made Harry look back up at Malfoy; though his mind was already elsewhere, this time, his attention stayed with the other man. The Ministry was a massive organisation, and still to this day, Harry was continuously surprised by the existence of increasingly niche departments; there really was no easy way of telling where relevant material could be stored and managed. Even more so out of office, essentially forcing him to look for it blind.
Still, the argument with Robards still fresh in his mind, Harry decided it was worth the logistical nightmare; just as much as he wanted Malfoy to have the tools to succeed in his work, Robards disagreeing with the way Harry conducted his work had left a knot of resentment in Harry’s chest, peeved enough to want to prove him wrong.
In the end, Harry nodded, slowly as if already considering what that might entail.
"Alright," Harry said, a definitiveness to his voice. While he had, historically, pushed Malfoy for specifics, this was for once enough to go on.
His eyes had dipped to the parchment left over from his letter to Robards, jotting down an itemized list a third down the page, thoughts currently on that rather than the introduction paragraph and greeting; he’d have to get back to that. "Consider it done."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:58 am 

The fact that Potter didn’t ask for further elaboration made Draco feel fairly pleased about his request, knowing that he hadn’t asked for too much, nor had been too vague in his phrasing. Maybe he was finally getting a hold of the entire business of having coworkers, or maybe Potter was just getting used to deciphering what he actually meant.
Either seemed perfectly fine to Draco.
“Thank you,” he stated, figuring that that was the very least he could do. Even if they supposedly worked together, Draco wasn’t blind to just how big of a part Potter had been in this, so he felt that he had to constantly be at his best.
It was absolutely crucial to him that Potter didn’t end up regretting handing him the olive branch, even if it meant that he was going to have to work like crazy for it to work out.
“I think Coote will have lunch prepared soon,” he said, knowing that it was probably quite a subject change, but he also didn’t feel like talking about work anymore. It seemed useless to discuss more for now, especially when Draco knew that new files were on their way for him. “I will be pausing work until then.”

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:32 am 

Harry hummed at that, an acknowledgement of Malfoy’s words. His eyes were still on the paper, quick to write two specifications onto the paper, a repetition of the two that he had requested of Robards in his initial letter.
“You can wait here, if you’d like,” he said, off handed and barely there, as he started on a third bullet. This was wordier, Harry having issue referencing to one specific file or archive, a blind request for material regarding his magical log. “I don’t mind.”
As if aware of his barely-present tone, Harry glanced up at Malfoy to reaffirm the sentiment. He was undoubtedly shoddy company, but it wasn’t hard work that was occupying him, and nothing Malfoy would impede on by sticking around. Either way, it felt like the natural course of action, considering lunch was more comfortably served in the kitchen.
“Maybe you’ll think of something,” he added, his attention returning onto his writing, the quill hovered above the paper for a moment, having lost his place. It only took him a moment, adding another few commonly used spells he’d like data to be drawn up for.
There was no further encouragement in Harry’s mannerisms, entirely caught up in the letter, wanting it at the office by the time Aziz would be in, but there was no hostility either. It was second nature; the subtle offer of company during separate work that Harry knew so familiarly from case work at the DMLE, just as Malfoy was a colleague suggesting a coinciding lunch break.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:00 am 

Despite the fact that he had absolutely no right to do so, there was still something extremely endearing about Potter constantly offering him to stay or sit in his own home. It probably said something about the relationship they had had before this, and how it was developing into something that seemed very different to the both of them.
No commenting on it, Draco moved the chair from the fireplace to seat himself across from Potter, fine with allowing himself to just fall quiet and watch Potter for once.
While he rationally knew that both of them would have changed in the years since Hogwarts, what struck him the most was just how little Potter had actually changed. While he did bear signs of being over a decade older, Draco knew that he would have been able to recognise him from miles away, even without the scar.
It was both unnerving and comforting.
“I think I’ve said what I have to say for now,” he stated, not wanting to leave Potter’s statement hanging in the air, but also know that he had absolutely nothing to add to it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:18 am 

________

Harry had finished his requests within the hour; one fairly straight forward to St. Mungo’s, the other considerably more substantial to Aziz at the office. The latter had returned a letter plainly saying You owe me a pint, something Harry had considered to have been a reasonable trade off for the effort he had asked of Aziz.
He and Malfoy had subsequently shared a lunch. As was becoming habitual for their interactions, it was a quiet affair but not unpleasant by any means. Just as expectedly was Malfoy retreating to the study to resume his work; Harry, finding that he had no work nor interest in resuming Kreacher’s choice of novel, had stayed behind in the kitchen, restlessly awaiting the files he had requested; but at least doing so where his fidgeting wouldn’t be a bother to Malfoy’s work.
The fire had lit green earlier than expected, and it couldn’t have been much past four before a matching green box fell out and onto the skirting tile. Upon notifying Robards of his stay at the Manor, Harry had taken to use the Floo for direct correspondence to cut out deadtime, and as he stood to collect the parcel from St. Mungo’s, Harry wished he would have decided that earlier.
Despite containing Harry’s full medical history, the box wasn’t much bigger than a shoe box. Harry had taken Malfoy’s word literally, intent on corralling as much relevant material; nothing seemed more relevant in describing his exposure to volatile magic than this.
A few moments after its arrival, Harry knocked on the door to the study, box in arms. Through nothing but a coincidence, this time, Harry waited for an answer to enter.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:33 am 

Even though Draco had tried to establish his study as a common place for the two of them to work, it would be a lie to say that he didn’t appreciate Potter knocking before entering. He wasn’t working on anything volatile or something like that, but he easily could have been and in that way, it was nice that he would have to chance to put it way before having someone else enter.
“It’s open,” he stated, figuring that that was enough of an answer for Potter by now. He was mostly just musing over his notes for now, excited at the prospect of receiving new stuff to add to them, but also trying to make sense of what little he did have.
After all, this was probably going to be a very long process for him, and Draco found that it was helpful to revisit his notes every now and again. It was the only point of reference he had and while there were other mildly helpful works of writing out there, he was mostly left on his own.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:56 am 

As soon as Malfoy responded, Harry opened the door, shifting the box in his hands.
"Hi," he said upon entering, the greeting frankly unnecessary considering that Harry wasn’t currently able to leave the Manor, or that Malfoy certainly didn’t expect anybody else to knock at his door. Harry hadn’t known how to address the fact that they for the first time in days hadn’t spent the last several hours in close vicinity of one another. "I got the first batch of files."
He shut the door behind him, approaching Malfoy’s desk. There was a small moment of visible hesitation, not sure how and where to open the file box. In the end, Harry remained standing, allowing himself a corner of Malfoy’s desk to open the box, this being only mechanically locked. The hinged lid thumped over, revealing the spine of several lime green holders, extending past the visible bounds of the box.
"Hopefully it’s of any use to you," he spoke under his breath, a shyness to his voice, still finding they had left to prove whether or not Harry had been able to interpret Malfoy’s vague request for material.
With a clear sense of purpose, Harry flipped through the files, intent on reaching the chronological first entry. After a moment of flipping through a decade of St. Mungo’s journal entries, Harry withdrew a comparably large folder from the portable archive within the box.
He took a moment to confirm the entry date marked on the spine, before turning it in his hand and offering it to Malfoy right side up.
"This is the journal entry from my hospitalization after the Battle," Harry offered, voice soft but not necessarily casual. While Harry wasn’t shy to the contents of the file, he was still aware of the intimacy behind the gesture.
Restless, Harry allowed himself to take a seat in the armchair facing Malfoy’s desk. Wanting to pre-emptively dismiss any notion Malfoy might have of it being too intimate, a tentative smile tugged at the corner of Harry’s mouth.
"Exposure to volatile dark magic," he reminded him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:30 am 

As Potter entered the study, Draco was struck with just how much more comfortable he felt about the entire thing. It was becoming easier to be around Potter, feeling less on edge and less worried about doing things wrong around him. They were colleagues somehow, making the best out of working together and being around each other.
“Thank you,” he said, realising that it was a big sign of trust from Potter as well. He didn’t have to give all these things to Draco after all, but the fact that he was so willing to share these things that could help Draco was a huge relief and made his work a lot easier.
Draco accepted the folder, excited to take a deep dive into Potter’s medical history to see if there was anything that he could learn. More than anything, if there was something helpful in there.
It was hard to hard where Draco should start looking, because it was so broad and Draco really had no idea where to start looking, so from the beginning was probably the best bet.
“Guess we’re lucky that St. Mungos’ hospitality doesn’t last only on weekdays.”

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:14 pm 

Surprised, Harry let out a chuckle, his own phrasing still fresh on his mind; but, then again, Harry had hardly said a word out loud since talking to Malfoy at lunch. It seemed to amplify their efforts in making common grounds.
Settling into the chair, Harry crossed his legs.
"They handed that over very amicably, yeah," he agreed. While Harry wasn’t sure Malfoy had overheard him talking to Robards, he knew he had still been agitated when Malfoy had appeared in the kitchen.
Harry sat for a moment, letting it digest. His eyes were on the box, the open lid an invitation. It was a massive amount of literature, from case injuries and regular wellness checks.
It didn’t take him long to uncross his legs, not satisfied with the leirurely seat of the armchair. He sat up straighter.
"I’m not implying that has anything to do with this," Harry needed to clarify, referring to the contents of the journal in Malfoy’s hand. While Malfoy had at least dared make bold claims, Harry had no comparable understanding of the subject, and preferred not to say anything too outlandish. “I thought it was maybe worth to cross reference.”
That hospitalization had been a massive undertaking, not only examining in great deal Harry’s vital signs after the war, but everything else; it was his first inscription into wizarding healthcare.
"It’s got a lot of material on the scar left by the Horcrux, back when it was fresh," Harry explained. His stance on that hadn’t changed particularly, still believing it to be unrelated, but it was undoubtedly caused by exposure to dark magic. "I know their work might not be up to standard, but they were pretty thorough – maybe you can use it to compare effects."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 99  Next