All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 99  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:55 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Potter really did seem to have a way to constantly make Draco feel more at ease, somehow managing to assure Draco that things were going to get better, one way or the other. It was nice but also something that Draco was desperately trying to get used, to having not had a friend in that capacity for many years.
“I’d be surprised if you could,” Draco stated with a grin, knowing that his father’s wine collection was something to behold. In fact, it was likely completely sacrilege that they were just drinking it like this, no consideration into what wine went well with what meal, nor even attempting to give the bottle the reverence it probably deserved.
It felt like defying his father, even if there was no way for Lucius to ever know what Draco had done.
“But it’s good to know,” Draco added, trying not to linger on the fact that he was fairly certain that Potter had just invited himself over, even when there no longer ways a curse in his chest. It made Draco’s heart flip again, taking another, longer, drink from his glass to really sink the feeling.
“Would be a shame if they went to waste,” he said, knowing that there was absolutely no way that his father was going to be able to drink them.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:35 am 

_______

The bottle of wine Draco had apparated to the sunroom was yet another spectacular year, even though Harry had the impression that Draco was picking them blind. It spoke to the quality of the Manor reserves, or perhaps to the simple fact that this was the first time in a month Harry had had enough to feel a buzz.
It was decidedly different sharing a bottle over dinner than indulging in another just to prolong the evening, and Harry felt a sense of relief in the easy familiarity of intoxication, finding that it provided the last bit of normalcy to his stay.
By the time Harry was finishing his last glass of the evening, night had fallen around them, and Harry thought of summer nights at Andromeda’s cottage rather than drinking pints after work. The sunroom held the warmth of the sun even hours after sundown, and Harry felt no need or urge to leave the table, finally able to shed the weight of their work.
"No, I mean, I still see them quite frequently," he said, twirling the stem of his practically empty glass, swirling the last taste of wine around. Harry had leaned back into the plush seat of the chair, shifting off kilter to be able to cross his legs without getting tangled up in the table legs.
There was an easy grin to his lips, his attention continuously returning to Draco. Even if Harry hadn’t found Draco to be absolutely and magnificently beautiful, he sat across him like the only point of light in the blurred darkness surrounding him. "Fleur and I were in-laws for a few years, you know, she’s married Bill Weasley."
Harry grinned. "Vik likes to think she named her daughter after him, but they've yet to admit to that."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:39 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco had sincerely doubted his decision to open another bottle at first, unsure if Potter was just trying to be polite and humour him because it was clear that he was a little lonely. However, as the evening progressed, it was becoming clear to him that Potter was enjoying the conversation as well, something that made Draco feel warm inside.
Maybe it was just the wine that helped him feel warm as well, Draco having drunk more wine than he had in a long time, and was now feeling buzzed and warm. However, he felt absolutely certain that Potter was actually enjoying himself, just chattering away and having left any last trace of professionalism behind some time after their first bottle.
Hearing about Fleur Delcaour and Viktor Krum wasn’t how Draco had expected the evening to go, but it was an enjoyable conversation nonetheless. After all, it was people he was able to put a face on, but people he didn’t have any level of relationship with, other than a childhood crush.
It was nice.
“You think it’s likely?” Draco asked, swirling the last sip of his wine around in his glass, knowing that he wouldn’t be able to prolong the evening much longer. He had no idea what time it was, having not wanted to take his eyes off Potter long enough to check, nor really cared enough to truly know.
“Are they really friends like that?”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:27 am 

The question caught Harry in the middle of a drink, his brows furrowing, humming a dismissal into the wineglass as he finished his drink.
"It’s not," he said, the way his smile replaced the frown making it clear that it wasn’t a bad question, just a bad tease on Harry’s part. "Her name’s Victoire because was born on the eve of the Battle of Hogwarts."
Harry placed the empty wine glass back onto the table, but his brows quirked as though he had been caught taking sides.
"Supposedly," he was quick to add, his smile growing wider as if anybody was there to cuss him out for it. "They’re very close, though. I don’t blame him for thinking the name might be to his credit."
Harry didn’t think they had really reconnected until Fleur and Bill’s wedding, but ever since it seemed to have been a continuous and ever-evolving friendship. Remaining in touch with Viktor through Fleur had, in the early years after the war, been of great value to Harry, having come to realize that Cedric’s murder to be one of the hardest things to find peace with. "He still stays with them whenever Bulgaria plays in England, and we try to have a drink every month or so."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:59 am 

Draco nodded at that, finding that it all made good sense to him.
Finally, he decided that he probably couldn’t prolong the night even longer, the sky dark outside and Draco feeling himself grow tired. He emptied his glass in one swift going, having much less wine left in his glass than he had originally thought, which only added to his decision of going to bed.
“That sounds lovely,” Draco stated, placing his now empty glass back on the table, his hair cascading over his face as he did. He pushed some of it behind his ear, not wanting to bother with tying it up when he was on his way to bed, but it still tended to be a pain to deal with.
He sincerely meant his comment though, really finding that there was something extremely lovely about the three of them keeping in touch. It also reminded him that there was more to the world than just wizarding England, something that was nice to think about at times.
“And so is this,” Draco stated, trying to mentally prepared to get up from his chair. He was feeling extremely comfortable and at ease, so it wasn’t because he necessarily wanted to call it a night, but he also figured that he couldn’t keep them going forever.
“But I think I better head to bed,” Draco stated as he finally managed to get up from his chair. The room was swaying a bit more than he would have liked for it to do, but that was nothing that a good nights sleep wouldn’t be able to fix.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:16 am 

How quickly Draco prepared to make his exit made Harry’s heart skip a beat. In the passing month, Draco had not once gone to bed before Harry and Harry was suddenly struck with a devastating feeling of loss, far from done with the day.
"Hey," he said as he, in a moment of impulsivity, reached out for Draco as he passed by him. Harry caught a hold of him by his hand. It was barely a grip, something timid about the touch. Harry realized he had had a mixed record of reaching out for Draco, and the way Draco had jumped away from him when he caught a hold of him that first evening was still vividly present in his consciousness.
Harry stalled, Draco’s hand in his, as he allowed time for the touch to settle – and, more importantly, for his hazy mind to phrase the gratitude filling his chest.
"Thank you for this." The exact extent of his gratitude was fuzzy even to Harry; this, warding the sunroom, but with that thought came a plethora of other things Draco had done for him that Harry felt grateful for. It left his lips parted, almost speaking them to existence.
"I’ve had a lot of fun today."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:30 am 

There was nothing that could have prepared him for Potter taking his hand so suddenly. It wasn’t an unpleasant feeling, which was why Draco didn’t pull his hand away, instead just sorta settled in the touch, trying not to think too much of what that possibly meant.
The compliment took Draco aback as well, not at all prepared for the sincere gratitude that Potter gave him so willingly. It hadn’t been a big deal to Draco, but it was obvious to him that it was to Harry, making his heart flip in his chest, knowing right in that movement that he would be willing to do just about anything to make Harry look at him like that again.
“Me too,” was what he settled on, taking half a step back towards Harry again, having already not really felt like leaving the sunroom in the first place and now that Harry was holding his hand it seemed absolutely impossible, almost as if the hand in his was what kept him grounded in the universe.
There really was no way around the fact that Draco had had a lot of fun during the day, feeling more relaxed than he had allowed himself to feel in years. It was just as intoxicating as the wine and Draco didn’t want it to end.
“I’m glad you liked it, I want you to be comfortable,” Draco admitted, knowing that it was probably obvious that he had done it exclusively because Harry had mentioned missing the sun, but the wine made him less shy to admit to it. “You belong in the sun.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:07 am 

When Draco returned to the table, Harry shifted with him rather than to let go of his hand. It was barely a deliberate decision, the relief he felt drawing him to Draco as if tied to him with string. The slight extension of their evening had Harry’s mind reeling, wanting to say so much more for Draco to understand that this had been so much more than fun – it had been perfect.
Draco got to it first, and the explanation he offered completely floored Harry, washing away any words dancing on his tongue.
It was the most spectacularly sincere compliment Harry had ever received in his life, without comparison. The slow realization was visible in real time on his features, a blinding smile spreading across his lips, utterly unable to contain the whirlwind of emotions it had invoked within him.
The degree and nature of Draco’s interest had always been a mystery to Harry, and really, the compliment solidified nothing except Harry’s own infatuation with Draco. Nothing confirmed any of the doubts and hesitations Harry had carried for weeks, and yet the one thing that came apparent was the fact that Harry was more drunk on Draco than on the wine.
In a split-second decision, Harry allowed himself to indulge, willing to wager it all on nothing more than the fact that Draco’s hand remained in his.
Harry stood, grinning. Intertwining his fingers with Draco’s, Harry’s grip around Draco’s hand became purposeful, urging him to lean down as Harry himself stretched and his lips met Draco’s in a kiss, finally.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:28 am 

Draco had just decided that he should probably let go of Harry’s hand when he instead stood, making Draco’s head spin from how he was smiling and just how close that they were standing. The thought of just how easy it would be to kiss him had just crossed Draco’s mind, when he was pulled down and lips suddenly were on his.
It took him a moment to wrap his head properly around what was actually happening, feeling certain that he was imagining it. However, there was absolutely no arguing on the feeling of Harry’s hand in his own, and how Harry for once seemed to radiate warmth rather than cold. It made Draco’s head spin, feeling more overwhelmed than anything as he tried to return the kiss.
Everything had happened so fast, Draco feeling that it was only seconds since he had decided to go to bed, and he knew that it wasn’t far off. Once it hit him that he was actually getting kissed, somehow especially because it was Potter kissing him, he could feel tears prickle in his eyes.
There was nothing to cry about, that much Draco knew, but he was too overwhelmed to have a proper thought in his head. It had been so long since he had last been kissed that he could barely remember the sensation, finding it just as lovely as he always had.
“I’m sorry, I-” Draco muttered, his voice tight with the tears that he had tried to hold back, but which were now flowing freely from his eyes. It was embarrassing and Draco definitely felt that he was ruining something that could have been a beautiful moment between the two of them. He just didn’t know how to explain to Harry what this meant to him.
“It’s been a while,” he settled on, leaning slightly against the other man, not letting go of his hand but also not daring to touch him anywhere else.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:10 am 

As soon as Draco pulled back, Harry stopped dead in his tracks, forcing himself to listen for a rejection despite his own eager, horribly aware of the fact that it was a definite possibility. Harry felt his stomach knot up, feeling foolish for having acted blind.
The apology died on Harry's lips.
Nothing could have prepared Harry for the sight of Draco's tears, heart aching not with pity but with heartbroken adoration. Draco was an absolutely wonderful man, brilliant beyond reason and undoubtedly one of the most beautiful creatures Harry had seen. How vulnerably he had come undone was incomprehensive to Harry, who so transparently had admired him for weeks.
Harry so desperately wanted to ease some of the tension in Draco's shoulders, but found that he was no closer to deciphering whether or not Draco wanted him off of him, or even out of his home.
It did little to ground Harry, feeling lost at sea.
When the weight of Draco’s hand in his increased, leaning towards Harry rather than away, it felt like grounds enough to see the embrace through, daring to cross the line Draco was so clearly toeing.
Harry welcomed the timid proximity without reservation, any thoughts of consequences far from his consciousness.
His hands found Draco’s jaw, thumbs brushing away the steady stream of tears away from his cheeks. In a matter of moments, Draco had shed his composure, his cheeks pink beneath Harry’s touch. He looked in shambles, but Harry had never seen him more clearly.
"It’s okay," he dismissed. Though it was no laughing matter, a grin formed at his lips, his breathing airy in a suppressed chuckle, overwhelmed and drunk.
Harry once again brushed away the tears staining Draco’s cheeks, this time the motion broad enough to push Draco’s hair back with it.
By then, Harry was smiling, and his touch steadier as Harry’s fingers settled in the hair behind Draco’s ear.
"Is it?" he reiterated; his voice softer but his smile unmistakably present. His eyes had dropped to Draco’s lips, telling himself it was to face rejection, but his touch invited Draco closer, urging him to lean down. "Okay?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:17 am 

Harry’s touch made Draco shiver, unable to wrap his head around how this was happening and how it was happening to him. There was no lack of kindness in Harry’s eyes, his smile, his caress, and it took Draco a moment too long to realise that yes, there was someone right there who wanted him, even as he was crying from something as simple as being treated with kindness.
Part of Draco was still certain that he was inventing the entire scenario in his head, being too drunk and too tired to be able to differentiate.
“Yeah,” Draco stated, voice hesitant despite how certain he felt about the entire thing. He definitely didn’t want Harry to stop touching him, even if he was feeling raw and vulnerable from the soft caresses that was bestowed upon him. It felt like far more than he could ever deserve, far more than what he thought that he was ever going to get again, and yet Harry was offering it to him so willingly, smiling at him as if he somehow was the winner in this.
It made Draco’s head spin and made his knees weak.
“It’s okay,” he confirmed, even managing a soft smile as the tears slowly dried out. It was simply too overwhelming for him to properly wrap his head around, but Draco wasn’t going to question the sudden lapse of judgement that Harry was showing.
“Thank you, Harry,” he added, knowing that it wasn’t enough to indicate just how much it meant to Draco, but it was all he had to say.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:42 am 

Seeing the word yeah leave Draco’s lips sent a shiver down Harry’s spine, weeks of uncertainly resolved with a single breath. Whether or not Draco meant it in its full extent, it reaffirmed that Harry hadn’t overstepped or misunderstood. Relief washed over him, feeling his skin flush and his smile widen.
It, however, took Draco saying Harry’s name for his eyes to return onto Draco’s, ruined.
Harry had been pitifully aware of the lack of affection he had received over the passing month, having accepted it in its inevitability. Only then did it strike him how long ago it had been since someone had called him by his name, and how desperately he had missed it.
It was human intimacy in its simplest form, the acknowledgement of personhood, and it made happiness fill his chest; was he not already smiling, Harry might’ve sobbed, too.
"Draco," Harry repeated, his voice juvenile and giddy with intoxication.
As the name escaped him, Harry’s hands raked through Draco’s hair, heart flipping when it didn’t stop. By the time Harry’s hands settled at the nape of Draco’s neck, the white gold hair was still tangled through his fingers, making Harry’s mind go haywire, starved for contact.
Steadying himself against Draco, Harry stretched to press a grinned kiss to Draco’s lips.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:30 am 

His name leaving Harry’s lips, something that he had grown accustomed to over the past couple of weeks yet still managed to catch him by surprise at times, was all it took for Draco to feel absolutely certain that this was real.
This time, Draco met the kiss eagerly, hungry for any and all levels of affection that was being bestowed upon him. It really did feel like a complete dream and Draco decided that even if it was, then he was not at all keen to wake up from it.
Feelings Harry’s hand in his hair, holding him close, made Draco feel completely like jelly, wanting everything and so much more from him. It didn’t help that Draco could feel Harry grin into the kiss, constantly seeming like he was the biggest winner between the two of them. It was intoxicating and Draco found himself chasing the smile, wanting always to be able to see or feel that smile.
Tentatively, Draco’s free hand found Harry’s waist, wanting to feel grounded in the fact that he was actually there. As the realisation that he was a actually desired settled in, Draco found himself craving more, wanting Harry closer than ever before, feeling his hand bundle up the fabric of his shirt in an attempt to let his desire show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:09 am 

Harry greedily accepted the touch, skin ablaze. Draco was so warm to the touch that his hand on Harry’s waist felt like it might burn through him, making his heart do somersaults at the sensation, not realizing how cold he had been for a month.
The salt of Draco’s tears cut through the taste of wine still on his lips, and in any other context it felt like a recipe for terrible decisions. In this, Harry’s hand slipped from Draco’s neck, brushing his thumb across the corner of Draco’s mouth to interrupt the kiss. He barely moved away to speak.
"Let me take care of you."
Harry’s voice was equal parts a promise and an invitation, wanting nothing more than for Draco to allow himself a moment of happiness. Harry had no grasp of the implications, no foresight of what it would mean for their working relationship. If he was honest, he felt no need to define it, either.
His face was flushed, pupils blown, long past the point of being bashful. Tomorrow felt like a lifetime away, and his only coherent desire was wanting to make Draco feel good, heart achingly aware of the fact that Draco might not think he deserved it. Harry so desperately disagreed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:51 am 

Harry looked absolutely sinful as he was looking up at Draco, leaving Draco feeling like he had just been sent on the rollercoaster ride of his life. The implication of someone, but somehow especially Harry, taking care of him made him want to cry all over again, unable to remember the last time someone had desired him so transparently.
It was intoxicating and maddening, something that Draco knew that he could easily get used to, but doubted that he should.
The only things that kept Draco standing was his hand still intertwined with Harry’s and his soft hand on Draco’s face, feeling like the room had disappeared around them and the only thing he could see was Harry.
There was a vague thought in the back of his mind that this might be a bad idea, completely unable to tell what the ramifications for the rest of Harry’s stay would be. However, when Harry was looking at him like that, promising to take care of him, there was no way that Draco would be able to say no, feeling absolutely caught up in Harry’s orbit unable, and perhaps unwilling, to break free.
“Please,” he managed, voice raw from the tears that he had been keeping back. Right in that moment, the only thing Draco wanted was to know what exactly Harry meant when he said that he would take care of him, shivering in anticipation.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:49 am 

Harry absolutely enticed by how willingly Draco gave in to both touch and pleads. To Harry, it was distinctly different from how he had perceived Draco in the study, how often Harry had been the one to back away from a point Draco refused to compromise on. It was hard to judge how much was deprivation rather than sincere interest, but Harry couldn’t get himself to care; it had made his pulse spike regardless.
In lieu of a response, Harry just nodded; nothing he could say could compare to the way Draco’s /please/ made his heart flip.
Capitalizing on the fact that Draco’s hand was still in his, Harry stepped away, urging Draco to follow him.

For the first time, the intricate maze of hallways and corridors had disappeared in a haze; truth be told, Harry’s mind was completely elsewhere, and wouldn’t actually be able to tell whether or not Draco had apparated their walk shorter. Harry was feeling that sense of vertigo regardless, a pull in the pit of his stomach.
Harry’s room was still dark when they reached the bed, moonlight cascading through the windows. Even against white sheets, Draco was illuminated, reflecting the light in a way the crisp cotton could never replicate. Harry would have lit the oil lamps, the blue light of the moon dulling the blush on Draco’s cheeks, but his wand was stored far from his reach and, but as he kneeled onto the mattress, Harry hadn’t even considered that Coote could light them for him.
They had yet to let go of each other’s hands, the most persistent point of contact in a series of fleeting rushed touches; it drew Harry closer, perfectly fitting a knee between Draco’s thighs as he crossed the last distance to meet Draco’s lips in a starved kiss.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:47 am 

While Draco knew the layout of the manor like the back of his hand, he still felt like he was moving through a strange place as Harry pulled him towards his room. It felt juvenile in a way, both of them likely aware of the fact that it would likely be more comfortable in Draco’s room, but also that that felt like crossing a boundary that neither of them were prepared to cross.
As Draco sat down on the edge of the bed, Harry was quick to close the distance between the two of them, leaving Draco no time to think, nor to properly position himself. It made him smile softly into the kiss, trying not to break it, but everything seemed silly and juvenile to him, so it was hard not to.
There was something extremely endearing to Draco about how they were still holding hands, liking the innocence of the touch despite everything else that was going on. It helped to keep him grounded in what what happening and reminded him that he wasn’t dreaming. He actually got to have something good for once in his life and it seemed complete unbelievable to him.
Draco used his free hand to pull at Harry’s shirt, hit with an insatiable hunger for more. It was like he had been starving for years and finally he was allowed to eat, having all but forgotten the sensation.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:59 pm 

Harry didn’t move further onto the bed, still bracing most of his weight on the single knee he had on the mattress. For once it gave him the advantage, towering above Draco for the first time in his memory. It took everything in Harry not to allow himself to sink into his lap, finding that there were still too many layers of clothes between them for that to be anything but immensely frustrating.
Instead, Harry tipped his chin away from Draco, a smile quick to take the place of the kiss.
"You can let go of me," Harry grinned, bringing both his hands, and with them Draco’s, to the buttons of his shirt, an invitation for Draco to undo them himself.
Harry wasn’t actually sure through whose volition it was that their hands remained intertwined, and while he acknowledged it made everything clumsy, he found it difficult to be the one to let go of Draco, having learned that their hands fit so perfectly in one another.
Harry found that so did their lips, as he pressed another kiss to Draco’s, the kiss made chaste by the boyish smile still pulling at Harry’s lips.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:37 pm 

Draco found himself following Harry’s lips as the kiss was broken, leaving him lightheaded and feeling like his only point of gravity was Harry’s weight against him. He looked beautiful with the moonlight streaming in through the windows, leaving Draco wanting him so terribly much.
He couldn’t help but grin sheepishly at the acknowledgement that they could let go of each other’s hands, having enjoyed the point of contact but also desperately wanting more.
“Don’t wanna,” Draco admitted, before gingerly, clearly showcasing that he didn’t want to not be holding Harry’s hand anymore, letting go of Harry’s hand. Instead, both of his hands found the buttons on Harry’s shirt, carefully unbuttoning the first couple of buttons, keeping on eye on Harry’s face as he did so, wanting to be absolutely sure that he was still in on it and that this was what he wanted.
He was still smiling softly, finding everything beyond exciting and wanting absolutely everything that Harry had to offer him.
The chaste kiss made Draco grin even more, unable to stop smiling when he felt Harry smile as well. He really was amazingly handsome and there was something about him grinning that made Draco weak to his knees and made his head spin.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:35 pm 

Harry all but laughed, the sound almost punched out of him with the sincerity with which Draco spoke. Draco was a teenager beneath him, but not the one Harry had known; it was new and fresh, and Harry wanted to egg Draco on, wanted to hear every sweet nothing Draco, bright and juvenile, had to say.
"I don’t want you to," Harry concurred with a grin. In fact, he had high expectations that he’d soon enough get to properly be held by Draco, something that made the loss of Draco’s hand much more bearable.
As Draco’s hands dipped to the shirt waist, Harry was free to straighten his posture. Despite how a shudder went through his midriff every time Draco’s knuckles brushed against him, Harry refused to interfere, the building anticipation alone making his skin buzz.
Instead, Harry raked both hands through Draco’s hair, for the first time in a position where he could run his fingers through it from root to ends. Having combed through it, Harry’s arms both remained around Draco’s shoulders, a lazy embrace allowing for Draco to continue undoing the remaining buttons.
Harry tugged at the fabric of Draco’s shirt, pulling it up his lower back. With it, the corner of Harry’s mouth quirked.
"But I want you undressed."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 99  Next