All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:40 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Sirius nodded enthusiastically, excited to share the news of his new friend with Mooney. He knew that she had to be excited for him, not because Sirius didn’t have a lot of friends already, but this was the first time he had every really connected with someone like that.
“Yeah, he just transferred,” he said with just as much enthusiasm as before, never noticing his friend’s hesitations. It seemed absolutely impossible to him that Mooney wouldn’t be as thrilled about James as he was, so there seemed to be no reason in hiding just how excited he was by the entire ordeal.
“He and his parents have been moving around a lot, he said, but now they are going to be staying here for a long time, so his parents promised,” he said, talking fast, wanting to get as much information to Mooney as quickly as possible.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:14 pm 

"That's brilliant," Moony replied, though the sentiment could not be further from the truth. For years, Moony had felt like they had both been looking forward to the weekends, where Sirius once again would return to his home across the woods; suddenly, Sirius seemed more excited to go back.
Awkwardly shifting, knowing he couldn't entertain an imagined pebble much longer, Moony turned to look at his friend; the sheer excitement on Sirius' face almost broke Moony's heart in half with jealousy.
"Why did they move so much?" he asked, wanting to appear interested in this James, but much more pressingly wanting to gage whether or not there was any probability of James moving again.
His attention only lasted on Sirius for so long, pulling one knee up to his chest, absentmindedly picking at a fresh scab peering forth from under his shorts. "Is he a full boarder there?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:38 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

“I dunno,” Sirius said with a shrug, having not asked James yet why they moved so much. It wasn’t due to lack of interest, there had just been more important things for him to talk about and he wanted to get to know his new friend in another way first.
“Nah, he goes home on weekends, just like me,” he said with a warm smile, looking over at his friend with to properly take her in. After all, Mooney was still his best of friends, even if he really liked spending time with James.
“So you still get me on weekends.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:09 pm 

Moony's heart skipped a beat at that, flustered at the notion that he had been so transparent in the way he had asked the question. Then, butterflies seemed to form in his chest, relieved and happy to hear Sirius make such a promise.
Rather than turning, Moony slumped over onto his back, peering at Sirius from his upside down view, for what felt like the first time in a life time. Sirius had been gone for five days, and Moony had engaged in the conversation with such jealousy he barely had looked at his friend.
"Good," he grinned, chest overflowing with the same feeling of excitement that filled him on his way to the hunting post. "'cus I can't protect the fort all on my own. You have to come back to help me."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:30 pm 

Sirius only grinned at that, liking the idea that Mooney needed him to do anything. They definitely had to protect their fort, something that seemed almost sacred to them, and the idea of someone else finding it, or god forbid using it, was terrifying to Sirius.
“Yeah, it’s a two man job,” he said with a wide grin, reaching out to gently run a hand over Mooney’s hair. It was mostly just to confirm to himself that she was still there, and that their friendship was still like that. He liked having Mooney as his friend and even if he had gotten close with James too, Mooney was still his best friend in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:49 pm 

For the second time that day, Moony felt himself go through the floors. The weight of Sirius' hand brushing over his hair was enough to split reality in half; while Moony before had felt like falling, it now felt briefly like being suspended in thin air.
It wasn't that they weren't affectionate friends, gentle caresses were just lost among the overwhelming amount of boyhood shoves and punches they usually shared. The combination of Sirius gentle touch and reaffirming words felt like it threatened to make Moony's heart burst with joy.
"Yeah, it is," he finally returned with a huffed laugh, grin once again growing across his lips, irrationally excited by Sirius' choice of words. Turning onto his stomach, Moony propped himself up on his elbows.
Sirius truly was a better friend to Moony than he could ever have hoped for. Looking at him, the only other thing Moony could want was that Sirius would brush his hair more often; Moony would never ask for that, though. "And during the week I'm both of them."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:54 am 

Sirius simply grinned at that, glad to see that his friend was back into good spirits. He truly valued Moony as his best friend in the whole world, unsure what he ever would have done if she hadn’t been in his life. Their friendship made his life at home tolerable, knowing that he could always escape to their hideout, whenever things became too much at home.
“Yeah, you are,” he added with a bright grin. He greatly appreciated the fact that Moony always was around whenever he came home from school, it served as a sense of stability that he didn’t have at home. Even when things were **** at the manor, he always had Moony.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:33 pm 

Even though Sirius had been home for the span of christmas break, it felt like time had gone by in a rush. It was so different spending limited days together when the sun barely rose, making the days short and dark at the hunting post. While they could spend eternities playing in summer, their time together was now narrowed down to a few, bleak hours.
Moony had been loitering at the feet of the hut, drawing tracks of snow hares on the freshly fallen snow. They had spent the days playing hunters, following tracks left on the snowy ground and waving around with pretend riffles. It had been a quiet, solemn affair that Moony had felt to he heart warming. Now, back at the hut and with no animals to disturb, Sirius had once again gone off on a tangent about James.
Moony's attention was on the snow, poking holes in the surface, barely paying attention as pressure built in his chest. He had always known Sirius had looked forward to the start of a new term, growing anxious in the confinement of the Manor; Moony had just never experiences that wanderlust when it was just the two of them.
"Yeah?" he agreed, or questioned, or whatever was appropriate for whatever statement Sirius had made. He turned, picturing how the hare might have circled him, continuing the drawing and not looking at Sirius. "That's great."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:57 pm 

No matter how much Sirius enjoyed spending time together with Moony, he knew that he was never fully going to relax when he was home from school. Ever since James had started at Sirius’ school, Sirius had felt that his dorm room was much more home than his room at the manor ever had, and having to go home always filled him with a deep sense of dread.
Now that he had been home for a week for Christmas, Sirius couldn’t wait to go back to the home that he knew. It was getting dark earlier, so he couldn’t even spend as much time with Moony as he would like, both of them having been instructed to get home by sundown.
“Yeah, he is great,” Sirius stated with a wide grin, glad to be talking about his newest friend so much. “I can’t wait to see him again.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:39 pm 

Moony glanced over at Sirius, heart breaking at the sheer happiness on his friend's face. With some effort, he managed to return it.
"Yeah," he breathed, quick to look down again. It made his stomach turn finding that, for the first time in years, Moony was uncertain whether or not Sirius would begin the term with full board at the school. It had never seemed like Sirius would have that need, but the balance seemed to tip, Sirius appearing more and more discontent whenever he was home. Moony didn't dare ask clarifying question.
He dotted the location of his own house in relation to the edge of the woods.
"Tomorrow," Mooney mused, as he this time drew a rough depiction of the areal view of their area. The organic shape of the forrest being drawn as a line in the snow. He wasn't sure how his reply had been intended; probably reassuring, but even to his ears it sounded bitter and melancholic.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:58 am 

Sirius nodded eagerly at that, having counted down the days for his return to school.
He loathed being in the manor. It was stifling and as much as he wanted to hide in his room, it was never allowed and he constantly had to watch himself to not mess up. It was a lot better when he got to spend time with Moony, but that also wasn’t something he could do all the time.
“Yeah,” he said, his smile widening as he as he realised just how close his nightmare was to be over.
Everything was so much better when he was at school, and no matter how much he liked spending his time with Moony, he knew that she would never be able to make up for all the bad.
“I can’t wait.”

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:55 pm 

Moony figured he could muster enough strength to snap the stick in his hand. He felt sick to his stomach, desperately wanting an output to the building pressure knotting up his throat. Sirius didn't seem to notice, but the more praise he spoke to James, the smaller and more insufficient it made Moony feel.
It hadn't always been like this, Moony knew that for certainty. Only a few years ago they had spent every waken hour together, and between the frustration and heartbreak, bitter jealousy bloomed in his chest.
"I oughta get back," he choked out, tossing the branch aside. It landed askew, and Moony wondered whether or not Sirius would realize how hurt he was if he stomped on it. Part of him wanted Sirius to notice it; a bigger, more desperate part didn't want to ruin whatever fragile interest Sirius still had in him, so he swallowed every curse on his lip. Either way, Moony was too much of a coward to bring it up himself.
Pulling the cuffs of his jacket further down his wrists, he barely glanced at Sirius.
"Have a good trip tomorrow, Padfoot," he managed, with as little infliction in his voice as possible, any little thing threatening to bring tears to his eyes. "I'll see ya."
He turned around to leave almost before finishing the sentence.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:25 pm 

Sirius had been so caught up in his own thoughts that he only noticed what Moony was saying as she turned away from him. It made his heart drop, fearing that he wouldn’t have the time to say goodbye to his best friend before going back to school.
“Moony! Wait,” he exclaimed, running to make sure that Moony didn’t make it too far.
Almost as if in an attempt to stop her further, Sirius wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug. No matter how much he loathed being home, he knew that he was going to miss Moony so terribly, because he always did.
“Dunno when I will be home again. I’ll miss you,” he said with a sweet smile, still having not let go of his friend.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:32 pm 

The impact of the hug knocked the air out of Moony's lungs, the unexpected weight of Sirius' arms around his neck completely flooring him. They didn't usually hug like this, they didn't hug and keep holding each other. It sent a flash of euphoria through Moony, taking in a shaky inhale, relishing in the affection while still feeling his chest rise and fall freely.
He lifted his hand to take a hold of Sirius' forearm cutting across his clavicle; for the first time in months, it felt like Sirius was really there.
"Yeah?" he croaked, the knot in his throat making the word catch in his throat and the winter air stinging in his eyes. He felt almost pitiful, needing the reassurance it would offer for Sirius to repeat himself. It felt like Sirius had been counting down the days to his departure even before he had properly returned. Moony was, in fact, surprised to hear that he even still occupied part of Sirius' attention. He tried to keep his mind on that and not the nauseating realization that Sirius wasn't coming back next weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:15 pm 

Finally, Sirius let go of Moony, deciding that he had held onto her for long enough. He really had no idea why she sounded so surprised by the idea that he’d miss her, seeing as he still considered her to be his very best friend.
Even if he adored James and loved spending his time with him, he often found himself wishing that Moony was there too.
“Of course,” he said, smile wide as he looked at Moony. It seemed absurd to him that there was some form of reality in which he wouldn’t miss Moony terribly. “I always miss you. I love you.”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:03 pm 

When Sirius retrieved his arms, Moony reluctantly turned to a three quarter view; fully facing Sirius felt too daunting. Brushing the back of his gloved hand beneath his nose, Moony sniffled, his nose running either due to the cold or the sensitivity of the situation.
And then Sirius told him he loved him.
Caught so off guard it seemed to push the tears away, Moony just gawked at Sirius. His hand was still practically at eyelevel, and not knowing what else to do, he once again brushed snot from his cupids bow. He felt like every single atom in his body held enough energy to threaten to come apart, too many emotions going through him to distinctly feel any of them.
Perhaps, the only true thought going through Moony's head was that he couldn't say it back; that if he did, Sirius would hear how different it sounded. Because, deep down, Moony knew they meant it in different ways.
"I miss you, too," Moony instead replied, his voice fragile. Though his eyes stung, there were still no tears in them as he sniffled again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:35 pm 

____
It had been a long time since Sirius last had been home and yet the tension home in the manor seemed to become worse every single time he did.
In an attempt to get to breathe, Sirius had find his way into the woods and back to his old hideout that he had always shared with Moony. He knew that she would know that he was back for Easter, one of few holidays where the school was completely closed and he couldn’t just stay.
It was suffocating and while he had been looking forward to seeing Moony again, he couldn’t wait to go back to school.
Once he reached their hideout, the first thing he noticed was that several steps were broken on the ladder up to the hut. It made Sirius frown as he looked up at them, stepping closer to inspect them, as if he would be able to tell what would have happened if he looked properly at the steps.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:26 pm 

Moony had debated all day yesterday whether or not he should do the trek to the hunting post. It had been hard realizing that the balance had finally tipped over to where Moony's company didn't out weight Sirius' tensions at home, and Sirius had stopped coming home regularly. Moony had spent still spent most weekends there; despite the void Sirius had left, Moony still found solace in their old hideout.
When Easter came, and Moony knew for certain Sirius had been forced home, he didn't feel excited to see Sirius; not really, anyway. Sirius inevitable departure felt like to was already looming over them, and Moony didn't count on seeing Sirius again before summer break, months in the future.
And yet, when Moony saw Sirius standing at the base of the hut, his heart flipped in his chest with the seer joyous familiarity of the sight. As Moony got a few steps closer, he realized what Sirius was looking at.
"I fell through it," Moony replied to a question Sirius hadn't asked. The wood had been thoroughly rotten, Moony breaking through several steps after snowstorms had turned to heavy rains and left the ladder utter mush. He had fallen face down into the bushes, breaking his nose at the impact. Now well into spring, the cut had healed, leaving a crooked bump on the bridge of his nose and a fresh scar cutting across it where his skin had broken.
"Hi Padfoot," he added with a shy smile, the excitement inevitably filling his chest.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:20 pm 

The sound of a familiar voice pulled Sirius out of his reverie, feeling shocked when the sight that met him wasn’t exactly what he had expected.
He knew that it had been a long time since he had last seen Moony, but the change in his friend was what really cemented the fact. It made him feel bad about how rarely he came home, knowing that Moony had to miss him when he wasn’t around.
“Hi Moony,” he said with a warm smile, head still reeling from just how not like a girl Moony looked, not that she ever really had, but this was still new.
She had grown a lot since Sirius had last seen her too, that much he could tell even at a distance, and he didn’t know why that hit him so hard. All in all, it just seemed overwhelming to Sirius to finally see his best friend again, and he tried to convince himself that that was simply it.
“You okay? Did you get badly hurt?”

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:10 pm 

Moony shrugged dismissively, knowing it had been a whole ordeal. He had had to walk himself home, facing the combined worry and wrath of his parents. And more presently, the his mother's dismay when his nose didn't heal straight; Moony himself didn't seem to mind, but his mother's heartbroken glances stung regardless.
"'swas alright," Moony downplayed it, self-conciously brushing the back of his wrist against his nose even barely having mentioned it. He eventually crossed the remaining distance, stepping through new growth in his way, adding to his already scratched up legs. "Busted up my nose real good, but it didn't hurt that bad."
Finally at an arms reach of Sirius, it suddenly became apparent that Moony had gained an inch over Sirius over the last few months. It made his stomach knot up, but he couldn't quite placer why.
Trying to regain the courage to engage in this conversation, he carried on, restlessly kicking his own calf to relief the sting of a nettle. "Ma says its must've hurt bad 'cause it looks even worse, but it didn't."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next