All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:00 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

As the car was put into neutral, the silence became, for a brief moment, deafening. It left Harry almost disoriented, only barely registering that Draco had broken the kiss. Blinking the world into focus, Harry realized that part of the silence was due to the sudden distance between himself and Draco.
Almost sheepishly and with a flush spreading across his cheeks, Harry withdrew his hand, fully breaking off the last square inches of physical contact. The hum of the car reappeared, pulling Harry back to reality. Without even considering whether or not the kiss warranted a response, Harry's head instinctively darted towards the window to his right, peering out into the realisation of what they were about to do. In the middle of the haze surrounding the kiss, Harry could almost have forgotten where the car was heading.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:52 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

It took Draco too long to get back to reality after the kiss and facing the reality of what they had to do Now was almost too much for him to handle. It felt like they had crossed boundaries they weren’t supposed to already, yet Draco also felt that it had been helpful for them to feel more natural in their supposed relationship with one another.
“You stay seated,” he said in a soft voice, as he unbuckled his seatbelt and went to exit the car. The breath of fresh air helped him to center himself better and regain focus. It was important that he knew what they were doing and exactly how to handle himself with this.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:17 pm 

Instinctively, Harry turned his head to follow the other; before Harry could even fully grasp the meaning of Draco's words, the other had exited the car. The click of the car door closing behind Draco felt deafening, and fora moment, all Harry could hear was the beating of his own heart. Dumbly, Harry's eyes followed Draco's figure as he circled the car.
It took him several seconds to piece together Draco's actions. With a shake exhale and a new intensity to the blush across his cheeks, Harry finally shifted to unbuckle his seat belt.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:09 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco cherished the short walk around the car, the brisk London air allowing him to clear his head and regain his focus. It had to be believable that he and Harry had been an item for years now, but he also had to make sure that he kept his fake life separated from his real life. It seemed like it was going to be a harder balance to keep than he had thought it would be.
After having taken a deep breath, Draco opened the door for Harry and immediately offered his arm for him. “Ready to get inside?”

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:19 am 

It felt like Harry's bubble had burst the moment Draco opened the cardoor. The chill of the air stung against his flushed cheeks, and as he peered out, Draco was little more than a back list silhuette against the well-lit building behind him. Harry couldn't keep a wide, nervours smile off of his lips.
"No," he said, mouthing it more than speaking it out loud. Harry already felt deeply overwhelmed, but found that it didn't feel as unnatural if he didn't stop to think about it.
Taking Draco's arm with his right, Harry's eyes ducked, keeping an eye on his prosthetic leg as he stepped out of the car, wanting to make sure that it didn't catch against the car door. Greatly appreciative of Draco's pressence and support, Harry got up on his feet with little to no effort.
It was Harry himself who, with his left hand, turned to close the door behind him; as he yet again turned to face the building, Harry couldn't help but notice how immediately he leaned against Draco, his shoulder brushing against Draco's upper arm.
Already feeling breathless by such a little touch, Harry turned to meet Draco's eye, needing something familiar to ground himself on. Once looking at his pretend partner, another nervous but bright smile appeared onto his lips.
"Thank you," he mouthed, not breaking the eye contact as he put on his uniform cap.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:41 pm 

Draco could definitely agree to the sentiment of not being ready for the event, but he also knew that there was no point in delaying it. They were going to have to face the music sooner rather than later, so hovering was not going to solve any of their problems.
“Me neither,” he said in a soft voice, softly patting Harry’s hand that was resting on his arm, wanting to give him some sort of comfort; maybe mostly to himself. It was brand new territory, something Draco had never even thought could possibly happen to him, so he was still just trying to wrap his head around it all and be able to pull off the act.
“Let’s get going anyway,” he said with a warm smile as he started moving towards the building. He kept supporting Harry as they walked, not sure if he actually needed the support, but it made them look like they belonged together and that was what they were going for.
“I can’t promise that it will be worth your while, but I will do what I can to make sure that you are not bored.”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:52 am 

Once properly out of the car, Harry didn't need Draco for stability. Harry was still active at work and besides being on his feet for an evening on end, he could pretty much manage himself - after all, he had done so the last several years. It was, however, hard to detangle himself from Draco.
There was something about the close proximity and the opportunities it gave for small, comforting touches that made Harry linger. Besides, he told himself, they probably looked more believable this way.
It was Draco's final comment that finally set Harry out of his haze, making him snort a chuckle, though he figured it wasn't intended as a joke.
"I won't be," Harry reassured Draco, turning his head far enough to meet Draco's eye. There was a crooked grin to Harry's lips, finding that they were going to actively change the tone of their conversation in the name of the charade.
With a slight delay, Harry gave Draco's arm a squeeze, his voice again an airy laugh. "Just don't leave me."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:59 pm 

The comment from Harry made Draco chuckle softly, not sure how much of a joke it actually was, but he felt amused nonetheless.
“Don’t worry, I won’t,” he said as the entered the building, the situation becoming more and more real the closer they got to the actual party. Draco dreaded having to mingle, but he hoped that having Harry with him was going to alleviate some of it. If he looked like he was part of something, people were less prone to feel sorry for him and feel the need to talk to him.
“You’re my date after all, aren’t you?” He asked with a warm smile, turning his head to properly look at Harry.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:02 pm 

As soon as they stepped indoors, Harry took off his cap, allowing him to glance away from Draco for a brief moment. A grin was on his lips, yet Harry couldn't stop his heart from racing at the idea of being Draco's date. Despite actively reminding himself that he wasn't actually Draco's date - in fact, it was probably more accurate to describe himself as Draco's acting partner - Harry still felt a giddy heat ball up in the pit of his stomach.
Momentarily letting go of Draco's arm, Harry tucked the hat militantly beneath one arm. It was only once that was settled that Harry's eyes returned to Draco.
"And I who thought we were well past dating," he said, both content and tease intentional. Though redundant, Harry's hand still crept back around Draco's in what Harry hoped would be perceived as intimacy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:47 am 

“I think this counts as a date,” Draco stated with a soft smile as Harry took his hand, finding the gesture sweet and he did believe that it would help to make them look more like a real couple.
“You need to keep the spark alive after we have been dating for so long,” he added with a crooked grin as he started to move them towards the wardrobe. They both needed to leave their coats and Draco had a plan to also make Harry leave his hat in there. Even if his hair was messy, Draco found it somewhat endearing and he wanted it to show.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:43 pm 

Despite Harry's best efforts, he couldn't help but snort out a laugh.
"God," he grinned out, yet again having to duck his head, unable to look at Draco without laughing out loud. Harry had so genuinely laughed through the charade, that he almost worried about the prospect of keeping it up all night. It quickly became apparent thattheir conversations was bound to be far more ridiculous than anything he could have prepared himself for.
When Harry once again met Draco's eyes, the grin remained, though Harry's gaze put the blame on Draco. "Are we really that kind of couple?"
There was a genuine tease to his words, hoping that the phrasing was ambiguous enough to be applicable. As they had moved across the front hall, Harry judged them to be within earshot of the staff manning the wardrobe.
In an attempt to regain his focus, his hand left Draco in order to trace the other's forearm before finally curling around Draco's bicep.
With a little tug to Draco's arm, Harry leaned closer towards him. No longer doubting the fact that they had an audience, Harry smiled. "I think the spark is plenty alive."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:54 pm 

Despite the fact that Draco knew that Harry was probably just joking around, Draco could still feel a soft blush make its way to his cheeks at the comment and the touch. He knew that it was just an act after all, so there was no reason for him to get so affected by it, yet there was something in Harry’s tone that made him feel like a teenager.
“That’s because we go on dates, darling,” he retorted with a crooked grin, having just become aware of their audience as well. It was the moment they had been waiting for and now was the time to show whether or not they would be able to pull it off.
“Do you want me to help you out of your jacket love?”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:27 pm 

The closer they came to other people, the faster Harry's heart seemed to beat. It had yet to grow uncomfortable, finding himself more comforted by Draco's presence. The question, however, almost had Harry do a double take.
Harry couldn't remember a single time anybody had taken his coat, and barely so when he was a kid. A little, caught-of-guard smile peered through onto his lips, a shadow of a genuine thrill in his eyes.
"Sure," he said, too aware of how breathy his voice had sounded. Needing to advert his gaze, Harry slipped away from Draco's immediate proximity to pick at his cuffs, tugging at his jacket sleeve to keep it from shifting along with his coat sleeve. "You're right, maybe we should keep this up - make a habit of it."
Harry only glanced back up at Draco once the sentence had left his lips; the words were replaced by the boyish grin attached to a shared secret.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:30 pm 

Even if Draco knew that it was completely fake all of it, there was something about the way that Harry looked that made his heart flutter. Deciding that he needed to distract himself, he simply focused on taking Harry’s jacket from him, straightening it out and handing it the young woman in the coat check-in.
“I think so too,” Draco said with a warm smile, as he took the hat off of Harry’s head and handed it to the same woman he had just handed Harry’s jacket to.
“There we go,” he said with a warm smile, quickly running a hand through Harry’s hair as if to straighten it out a little, even if it was probably for naught. He then removed his own jacket as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:29 am 

Too surprised to properly react, Harry just allowed Draco to putter about him. The feeling of Draco's hand raking through his hair made Harry's breath hitch and a thrill run down his spine, more overwhelmed by the gesture than was reasonable.
It was quickly becoming clear that Draco's attention was split between the task of undressing and tending to both Harry and the staff manning the wardrobe, yet Harry couldn't keep his eyes off him. He could still feel the path Draco's fingers had taken through his hair, scalp still tingling at the unexpected caress.
"Still not a fan of the hat?" Harry asked. Though he willed the tease to his voice, the smile came almost too naturally. This was bound to be a dangerous charade to be in the midst off, and yet Harry knew he had no way out of it. "Now you can really tell I need my hair cut."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:13 pm 

Draco simply hummed at the comment, turning his attention fully to Harry, finding it a little too easy to forget that they were only being lovey dovey because they had an audience.
“Hate the hat,” Draco said with a soft smile, as his hands reached up once more to start fixing Harry’s hair. He did realise that it was a very intimate action, but he hoped that he could just excuse himself with wanting Harry to look proper for the gala and just leave it at that.
“Love the hair though, especially if you would let me style it, just once,” he added with a soft smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:59 pm 

This time, Harry anticipated the gesture well enough to meet it with a chuckle instead of a shiver. The feeling of Draco's hands through his hair already felt dangerously familiar, and though Harry knew that was the point, he didn't allow either of them to linger.
Catching Draco's wrist with his hand in a soft hold, he turned Draco's hand away from his hair; instead lowering them, turning his hand against Draco's in order to entwine their fingers.
"Are you nervous?" Harry asked, a soft furrow between his brows and a wide grin to his lips, speaking softly given their present company.
Harry, sending a kind and acknowledging glance towards the coatgirl, before gently urging Draco on with a soft tug to his hand.
The tease in his voice unmistakable, and it was clear that the question was not asking for Draco's true state of mind. In reality, Harry would just have to hope they were both brave enough to go all in on the act. "You seem awfully fidgetty."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:36 pm 

Even if Draco had just had his hands in Harry’s hair, it still almost felt like too much when Harry instead took his hand. It was clear that they were meant to be a couple and knowing how people were perceiving them made Draco’s head spin.
“Yeah,” he breathed as he tried to feel at ease with the feeling of Harry’s hand intertwined with his own. It was such a simple gesture yet it made Draco feel breathless and almost giddy.
“But it’s okay,” he said with a warm smile, as he leant in to place a quick kiss to Harry’s cheek, knowing that they were putting on a show and he needed to keep up that show. “We are going to be okay.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:52 pm 

Harry would have thought the intimacy of them holding hands would have softebed the blow of any other possible carress; abd yet, the feeling of Draco's lips brushing against his cheek knocked the air out of his lungs.
Too caught up in the moment, Harry had to fight the urge to turn towards Draco's touch in search for a proper kiss. While he did turn, he did so too late, leaving him to look at Draco with a flush to his cheeks.
Harry knew he'd be excused if he decided to kiss Draco, the kiss being justified by the web of lies they were quickly getting themselves tangled in. The mere thought sent his head spinning.
"That we are," he eventually answered, the corner of his mouth finally tugging upward in a flustered smile.
Out of the corner of his eye, Harry knew time was catching up to them. The light emmiting through the glass doors leading from the front hall to the event made Harry duck his head in an attempt to steady himself.
Not meeting Draco's eye, Harry let go of Draco's hand to instead curl it back around Draco's arm, his palm briefly brushing up Draco's bicep. It was only the Harry's eyes once again found Draco, leaning another bit further against him.
There was a tease to his voice as he muttered a stolen, "we make a beautiful couple."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:21 pm 

“That we do,” Draco answered without even thinking. He didn’t like how easily that answer came to him and how much he actually meant it. He did think that he and Harry objectively looked good together, their colours complimenting each other nicely and Draco tried to convince himself that that was all there was to the fast answer.
Once they entered the actual gala, Draco actually felt grateful for the hand on his arm, feeling grounded for the first time at any of these kinds of events. For once, he wasn’t there alone and even though Harry was just his fake boyfriend it was still with a great sense of relief that Draco could conclude that they were going to have to stick together.
“Do you want to mingle or do you want to claim a corner and hope that nobody sees us?” He asked in what was merely a whisper, the latter clearly being offered as a joke, but there was no denying that Draco wished that they could just hide away and not have to talk with anyone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next