All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:26 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Harry's smile once again changed at that, some note of appreciative relief playing at the edges. While Harry was in this under pressure from Lucius Malfoy, Harry still found himself earnestly wanting to do good in Draco's eye.
"Is he wearing a jacket?" Pansy interjected when a natural pause occurred between the two men.
She did agree with Draco's choice of shirt, having draped the remaining shirts over the back of a near by lounge chair, no longer interested in seeing Harry in them. She, however, found Harry almost exhaustingly proper standing next to Draco.
Harry's eyes immediately darted back at the woman.
"No, I didn't bring any," he replied, though he wasn't even sure he had a jacket that went with these trousers. "Just a coat."
"Are you going to Mare Street?" she wanted elaborated, and this time Harry could easily tell it was entirely directed towards Draco. "He's dressed too formal - Potter, roll up your sleeves, will you?"
Upon seeing Harry startled at the order, Pansy smiled, gentler. "More youthful."
"Uh, yeah," Harry fumbled, undoing his left cuff with some signs of hesitation. "This is maybe too youthful."
Peeling back the layer of fabric, yet folding in to avoid creases, Harry revealed his tattooed forearm, starting an inch above his watch line. His eyes darted between the two others, before settling at Draco. "Is it not? I don't think your father knows I have 'em."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:07 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Nothing could have prepared Draco for the appearance of tattoos that came into sight. He didn’t know why it was such a surprise to him, maybe because he was used to seeing soldiers in just a uniform and assumed that they were all just equally uniform underneath.
Draco glanced over at Pansy, unsure what exactly to do in this situation. He was absolutely certain that his father did not know about the tattoos, but he also knew that he was biased because he definitely liked the way it looked.
“What is our stylist thinking?” He asked, purposefully refusing to give his own opinion until Pansy had had something to say.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:29 pm 

Pansy looked at Draco when spoken to, privately humoured at the question. No matter how Draco wanted it to be perceived, he rarely asked for her input in just this manner. She only barely swallowed a knowing smile, having seen Draco's interest being peaked.
"Let's see it," she replied with professional indifference, stepping closer to Harry to assist in the task, having very little trust in a military man doing anything else than a sloppy job. "Do you have any others?"
Pansy's question was directed towards Harry, though hardly asked on her own behalf. As she reached out for Harry's arm to fold up the shirt twice, hitting just below his elbow, she saw just how densely tattooed Harry's skin was.
"Yeah," Harry offered, eyes on the fabric as it was carefully arranged. "The other's about the same."
As if on cue, Pansy and Harry synchronously shifted to repeat the fold on his right sleeve. By how densely the skin covered Harry's skin, Pansy would be surprised if his tattoos didn't span beyond his arms.
Finishing the task, Pansy stepped away from Harry with a glance in Draco's direction. She wanted to see if her friend had come to the same conclusion.
Harry, too, looked at Draco for approval.
"I don't mind it," Pansy eventually initiated, at least wanting to reply to Draco's initial question. "I say to disregard whatever your father might think. He can't well break you up already, the press is having a field day with you as it is."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:25 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The reveal of the second arm wasn’t as overwhelming as the first had been, yet Draco still found his gaze lingering for a moment too long. There was something extremely alluring about the sight of Harry’s colourful arms disappearing into the rolled up sleeves, leaving Draco unable to wonder just how covered he was.
It likely wasn’t going to be a question that he was ever going to get the answer to, and that was likely for the better as well, so Draco did what he could to file that question away. It wasn’t all that important after all and it would serve no purpose other than to soothe Draco’s curiosity.
“I agree,” he said, even if he knew that Pansy already had noticed that much. He was woefully transparent around his best friend, so he was just thankful that she had decided to not poke at him while Harry was still around; he didn’t think that he would be able to handle that level of embarrassment.
“Also, it’s Mare Street. He’ll fit right in like that.”

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:16 pm 

Harry's shoulders resettled at Draco and Pansy's agreed approval. This time, Harry realized, it wasn't a matter of getting their approval for the look of the tattoos, but subtle confirmation that the blame would be shifted away from him, where Lucius to cuss him out next time he got Harry on the phone.
It made Harry glance down at his exposed forearms, absentmindedly turning the watch strap, better centering to he back of his writs. Harry did, after all, like the look of his tattoos, too.
"So will you," Pansy remarked at Draco, the perfect composition of their outfits and the decided backdrop not lost on her. Draco's ornate botanical shirt would be just as fitting as Harry's green at the restaurant. It made another smile toy at the corner of her mouth, clearly considering if that had been orchestrated hoping she wouldn't realise it.
"You look adequately matched between one another, too," she continued, humoured. "Far better than you did yesterday."
The statement made Harry's attention dart back onto Draco, his eyes dipping to the flowers spanning the flat of Draco's chest. Surely, Harry recognized the green of the leaves, but to him it was a detail lost in a larger, more lovely picture.
"This is nicer than yesterday," Harry parroted, speaking it to Draco's chest. His gaze only found Draco's once the statement had left his lips. Replacing them was a crooked, little smile, making the remark ambiguous as to whether that was criticism or a compliment. To Harry, it was intended as utter disdain for his military uniform; and, perhaps, another veiled compliment at the choices Draco had made today.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:52 am 

Draco was pleased to hear that Harry at least had some level of appreciation for a nicer outfit. It wasn’t hard to see that the fitted shirt was a lot nicer than the standard military suit, but that didn’t necessarily mean that Harry would have been able to see that.
“Suits you better too,” he said, before he had time to think about it. He knew that Pansy could see right through him and probably already knew a lot more than he had been intending on sharing, but that was his mistake for bringing Harry with him in the first place.
Deciding that he couldn’t handle this much focus being on himself for much longer, he instead turned to look at Pansy.
“Will you join us for lunch?”

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:46 pm 

Though Harry did his best not to let it show, his heart flipped at the compliment. Used to the fact that compliments were few and far between, it could quickly prove troublesome if this was to be a new normal. Even at a distance from one another it made Harry's heart rate quicken, hardly able to understand how he had survived last night with Draco's hands on his person.
Draco, however, went on unfazed, and Harry subsequently swallowed his smile, glancing away to allow the space for Draco to make their plans for the day.
Pansy, in turn, was hardly able to understand Draco's invitation. Having witnessed the utterly unnecessary familiarity between the two men, she was surprised that Draco wasn't planning for a day alone with Harry.
It took her a moment to reply, attempting to figure out if Draco was asking her with the expectation that she would decline.
"Are you asking me to chaperone your first real date?" she questioned, her voice a sharp tease though a smile was tugging at her lips. "If so I'd be honored."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:19 pm 

It was blatantly obvious to Draco that Pansy had desperately tried to read his intention in asking her to join them, and he couldn’t really blame her for that. In fact, Draco himself wasn’t sure if whether or not he wanted her to join them, but the idea of spending time alone with Harry, even if it was in public, seemed too much like they were going past the act that his father was expecting them to partake in.
It just seemed safer to have Pansy with them.
“You know, we are trying to appeal to a conservative crowd, so I figured that it would only be proper,” he stated, his way of telling Pansy that he did in fact want her to tag along.
In a way, it would also serve to cement his relationship with Harry in the media, letting them know that their lives were properly intertwined.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:57 am 

Pansy smiled at her friend, gentle and knowing - or perhaps exasperatedly. Even though she understood Draco to be joking, it was, in fact, the unfortunate truth. Pansy could almost imagine she looked like the disapproving mother of the bride, the way she felt herself look at Draco.
She certainly didn't blame Draco for acting on Lucius' biddings, but she did harbor great resentment towards Lucius. In her opinion, Draco had been better of feigning bisexuality and posing with her on his arm.
"Is your act any good, then?" she instead started, knowing well they were beyond the point of arguing whether or not Draco should even partake in it. Rather, it would be a matter of making Lucius regret it. For once, she looked at Harry for a reply.
Her smile, in turn, disappeared. "Perhaps I differ from Lucius in that matter, but I'd rather be left out of it if you're visibly uncomfortable."
The question made Harry wonder if he was looking visibly uncomfortable right now.
Pansy wasn't wrong in asking; in fact, Harry had wondered the same thing ever since he'd first arrived at the gala last night. It made him glance over at Draco, searching for either input or support.
"I hope not," he replied, not knowing what else to say. Pansy probably knew better than he did, having seen how they photographed together. "Draco doesn't make me uncomfortable, but yeah, its still very -"
He glanced at Draco, hoping to make himself understood. In the back of his mind he knew the only thing making it uncomfortable is the fact that there were witnesses to it. Whe he parted his lips to elaborate, his ears felt hot at the thought. "It's not a comfortable context."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:53 pm 

It took Pansy turning her attention back to Harry to make Draco remember just how uncomfortable and weird the entire thing had to be to him. Draco, after all, was used to some parts of this and he had Pansy he could confide in; Harry was very alone in it all and it made Draco’s stomach turn, feeling bad about being part of this entire thing.
“I don’t think you need to worry too much,” Draco stated, leaving it uncertain whether it was Pansy or Harry he was talking to.
As if acting on a whim, which he mostly was, he moved to stand in front of Harry, deciding to adjust the collar of his shirt. There wasn’t necessarily anything wrong with how it was, but he was also trying to prove a point to Pansy, and he just had to hope that Harry was in on it.
“I happen to think that he is doing a great job at keeping up the act,” Draco stated with a warm smile, gently cupping Harry’s cheek for just a moment, before turning back to look at Pansy. “We won’t embarrass you.”

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:05 pm 

He could almost pretend he had gotten used to Draco persistently adjusting his clothes, fingers either at his collar or in his hair. It still made Harry's heart rate spike, Draco's proximity alone sending a shiver down his spine. However, Harry had lived through it enough times to anticipate it.
Looking up at Draco, Harry saw Draco's lips moving, though Harry didn't think he retained a single ting Draco said; his mind felt like it was wiped clean the moment Draco's hand was on his cheek.
Finding the touch familiar only in one way, Harry's eyes helplessly dropped to Draco's lips in startled anticipation. Then, Draco's hand had left Harry's person, and Harry had to adjust his gaze onto something else to combat the feeling of vertigo Draco had invoked in him.
His eyes meeting Pansy, his lips parted to speak, but he had no idea what had been said. It made his cheeks feel warm, and not knowing where else to turn, his eyes returned onto Draco.
Pansy would almost agree with Draco's statement, though that was hardly a comforting thought. Poor Potter looked to be in shambles next to Draco, though perhaps that was as appropriate a reaction as any.
"Well, if it comes down to it, I will deny any involvement," she instead stated, wanting to steer the conversation back onto more steady grounds. "But for now, sure, I'll join you."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:44 pm 

Draco didn’t quite know whether he was relieved or a little annoyed that Pansy was actually going to be joining them for lunch. He knew that it was probably smarter, finding that it was too difficult for him to hold onto reality when he was alone with Harry, but yet he was still fascinated by the other man and he wanted to get to know him better.
“Great,” he said, his smile weak as he kept his gaze on his best friend. He could tell that Harry was looking at him, but it was probably just because he was waiting for Draco to take direction for their outing. Nothing had been planned after all and Draco just had to hope that Harry hadn’t had any plans for the day.
“Let’s get going then,” he stated, figuring that there was no reason for the to delay their lunch any further.
Once again acting on a whim, Draco took a hold of Harry’s hand before moving towards the door.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:18 pm 

Lunch had been great, and amazingly far more relaxed than expected. Even thought it catapulted their fake relationship into the public even further, it had been good getting to spend some time with Draco; though, Harry had to admit, it had been a great relief that Pansy had joined them. Carrying her weight of the conversation, it allowed for Harry to drift in an out of the conversation as needed, making the act that much easier to maintain.
It had been Harry's phone buzzing in his pocket that finally seemed to ground Pansy, cutting her off in a tangent about fabric samples arriving earlier than expected. Seeming to realize the triviality of the conversation, Pansy hadn't carried on, instead excusing herself from the table.
Harry's phone buzzed four more times within the 30 seconds that followed, finally making him shift.
"Sorry," he breathed, shifting his weight back to reach into his pocket for it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:26 pm 

Lunch had run a lot smoother than Draco had feared that it would.
It turned out that acting like a couple at a gala, where they were absolutely certain that eyes were on them, was a lot different from acting like a couple out for lunch with Draco’s best friend. It was something that was so logical that Draco should have predicted it, but luckily it hadn’t gone as horribly wrong as it could have.
In fact, he had actually been having a very good time together with Pansy and Harry, pleased to see that the two of them got along just fine. It was a huge relief to him, so even when she excused herself from the table, Draco found that he was relaxed and well at ease.
Silence fell over the two of them and it was only due to the lull in their conversation that Draco finally noticed just how insistingly Harry’s phone was going off. It was clear that someone was trying to get a hold of him and Draco couldn’t help but feel a little guilty about having stolen him away from his real life.
“Are you in trouble?” He asked, finding that that was the least invasive way of asking about the texts.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:47 pm 

Harry had already skimmed through the message banners, and when Draco asked him a question, he turned to look at Draco with a genuinely happy smile. Everything about this situation was messy, leaking into Harry's real life at every possible seam; while Harry had laid sleepless thinking about the implications of coming out to military superiors, he now looked greatly relieved.
There was almost giddy grin to his lips as he shifted in his seat, no longer intending to put his phone away. Instead, Harry shifted far enough over that his upper arm leaned against Draco's, phone in the hand between them, offering Draco view of the still incoming messages.
"My friends and family saw us in the Mirror," he muttered, a smile bleeding through into this voice. He scrolled through the locked screen messages, each showing a snippet of their surprised intrigue.
Running his thumb across the screen to expand one of the messages, Harry once again shifted in a way that indicated that he almost rested his head on Draco's shoulder. Catching himself in it, he refrained.
Now properly able to read the messages, Harry's attention was divided. Unsurprised to find only support he paused at Molly's, stating she desperately wanted to be introduced to Draco. No matter the consequence of that, Harry felt a great burden lift from his chest at her acceptance.
Turning to look up at Draco's profile, Harry grinned, turning the screen off with a click. "Must be a good picture."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:29 pm 

At first, the mention of Harry’s friends and family seeing them in the Mirror made Draco’s stomach turn with guilt. Even if he knew that his father probably had paid no mind to how their ruse was going to affect Harry’s real life, it was something that Draco had thought about often.
However, nothing could have prepared him for the outpouring of love that Harry was showing him. It caused his stomach to turn in a new way, a feeling that he easily identified as jealousy. It wasn’t a feeling that he was very proud of, seeing as he genuinely was happy that Harry had a good support system, but it was hard for him as well.
“Guess we make a handsome couple,” he added, unsure how his voice read, as he mostly focused on it not breaking.
A woman in the group chat was insisting on eventually meeting Draco, something that almost had him excited, until he realised that that could never happen. No matter how much they had to put on this act, Draco couldn’t allow himself to get too intertwined in Harry’s real life; not when he knew that he was going to have to leave again sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:00 pm 

Harry heard the reservation in Draco's voice, making his smile waver. It never disappeared fully, but the overwhelming feeling of relief finally dissipated enough for him to gain a sense of perspective.
Harry could tell Draco felt like he had to bear the blame on the behalf of his father, outing him to not only past employers but family. Harry understood that to be hard for Draco to process, but it at no point outweighed the sense of relief Harry felt, finally having that out in the open.
Not knowing how else to dissolve the pressure evidently building in Draco's chest, Harry dropped his phone onto the table. Instead, his hand brushed against Draco's forearm, before eventually intertwining his fingers with Draco's.
Harry's gaze had followed the motion, only now glancing back up at Draco's profile. A smile once again tugged at the corner of his lips, before, with less intimacy, bumping his shoulder against Draco's.
"I'm glad it's with you," Harry offered, and despite the chuckle in his voice there was a true sense of honesty about him. His eyes once again flickered between Draco's features, before returning to his eyes. "Today's been great."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:47 pm 

A large part of Draco’s bad feelings seemed to dissipate once Harry intertwined their fingers. He felt safe somehow, and couldn’t help but feel absolutely ridiculous for having any part of jealousy about Harry’s situation.
“Yeah?” He asked, feeling flattered that Harry had any kind of positive feelings towards him. It probably shouldn’t be that surprising, seeing as it very much hadn’t been his idea, yet he was still the one who had to put in the work to keep up their act.
“You don’t think she’s too mean?” He asked with a warm smile as he nodded towards the empty seat that Pansy had been occupying moments earlier.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:32 pm 

As soon as Draco turned to look at him, Harry's heart flipped in his chest, too affected by the brief distance between them. Harry had still been leaning against Draco, and now suddenly found himself needing a few more inches of space. Though he straightened his posture slightly, his arm remained curled around Draco's forearm.
"No," Harry replied, easily and simply. It once again made the corner of his mouth upturn in a grin before he continued, rather reluctantly. "The appropriate amount."
They hadn't talked about how this was intended to appear; whether this was to appear as an established friendship, or if Harry was supposed to meet Pansy for the first time. Harry thought that perhaps it didn't matter, Pansy falling into the charade with greater ease than Harry had ever been able to. It took the edge of the interaction.
"You seem very close," Harry added, thoughtlessly, but finding that to be a better answer to Draco's question. Just as mindlessly, he loosened his hold of Draco's hand, fingertips barely against the palm of Draco's hand yet seemingly having no intention of removing his hand entirely.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:59 pm 

There was something calming in talking to Harry like this, liking how his fake boyfriend seemed to be constantly drawn to him, and seemed to refuse to stop touching him. Even if he knew it was fake, it felt intoxicating to Draco, liking to feel desired in this way, even if it was probably just Harry putting on a show, due to the fact that they were somewhere very public.
“We are,” he said with a warm smile, glad that Harry also could tell just how deep his friendship with Pansy ran. They had been best friends for years and there was absolutely no one he loved nor trusted more than he did her.
“She is on her good behaviour today, so I think she likes you,” he said with a crooked grin, looking properly at Harry and feeling almost surprised by just how close the two of them were sitting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next