All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:00 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Despite the painfully mundane nature of the words, Tanis still felt chills when Sinead talked directly to her. She knew that she was probably being quite pathetic, but she really did want to spend as much time together with Sinead as she could, even if it was just stolen moment before she had to see Avi.
It was probably going to be a terribly difficult balance for her to walk, never having been much of a liar, but she just knew that Sinead was going to be worth it. She was so pathetically infatuated with the other woman that she had no idea how to handle herself, and she just had to hope that Sinead found it endearing rather than awkward.
“Sounds lovely,” was what Tanis settled on, sending Sinead a giddy grin as she went to grab herself a cup. Once back in the living room, she poured herself a cup, trying desperately not to think about the things she could do, had both her hands not been occupied.
“He’s been talking my ear off the entire way from the diner, I need a pick me up,” she said, even though she knew that Sinead probably didn’t need an explanation. Feeling a lot braver than she probably should, she leant in to press a quick kiss to Sinead’s cheek, feeling giddy simply from the gesture, before going to Avi’s office.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:42 pm 

Sinead followed Tanis' words and motions with great attention, finding herself almost humoured by how proper Tanis' justifications were, as if she overcorrecting to such an extend she was struggling to carry a casual conversation. It was enticing, a change from the flustered expression Sinead had met when Tanis first peered around the corner.
There was a smile growing across Sinead's features, barely listening to whatever Tanis was telling her. Tanis seemed caught up in the same whirlwind as Avi, though Sinead doubted Tanis even noticed. Instead of offering any valuable input, Sinead was grinning, admiring just how strikingly beautiful Tanis was even in the most mundane settings.
The world, however, came to a violent halt the moment Tanis leaned in to place a kiss onto her cheek. Sinead felt it in her cut, the same feeling as breaking hard at a light, and for a moment, her smile dropped; when she turned her head for more, Tanis was already gone.
It took her several seconds to process the caress but when she did, a wide smile illuminated Sinead's features. With nobody to witness it, she slumped back onto the couch, magazine raised to cover her blushing cheeks.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:03 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

___
Just like it usually did when she and Avi were working on her case, the hours quickly took each other, and Tanis was starting to feel exhausted.
Realising that the both of them could need a pick me up, Tanis had volunteered to go pick up some more coffee for them. Part of it had been genuinely craving another cup of coffee, but Tanis also knew that there was a different craving involved as well.
It felt absolutely impossible to be separated from Sinead for any amount of time, especially while Tanis knew that the other woman was so close. Working on her case with Avi had helped distract her a little from it all, but now that she was back in the kitchen, everything was back to square one.
“Is there more coffee?”

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:32 pm 

Sinead had been deep in thought chopping vegetables for dinner, the pot of simmering water muffling the sounds around her; when she heard Tanis' voice, a thrill went down her spine. Turning to look at her, something in her smile grew even more genuine when she saw the other woman had appeared in the doorway alone.
"No," Sinead replied, dropping the knife, wiping her hands in a dishtowel as she turned around. Her eyes had dipped to her hands at the motion, but her smile prevailed. There was probably still a cup or two left. "I can make you a fresh pot, though."
When her eyes once again met Tanis, Sinead had only taken half a step away from the counter, once again folding the dishtowel into the waistband of her apron with blind ease.
Uncertain what Tanis' intentions were, Sinead's heartbeat quickened at the memory of Tanis boldly kissing her in the living room. It felt reassuring, making her smile grow girlish. "If you don't mind waiting."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:02 pm 

There was no way that Tanis would have been able to predict how she would feel, upon seeing Sinead in the kitchen. It wasn’t a new sight by any means, but it somehow held more weight after everything they had been doing. It made Tanis’ heart jump in her chest and found herself a little flustered by it all.
“I have time,” she said with a shy smile, finding the entire situation thrilling and exciting. Even with the clear knowledge that Sinead’s husband was no more than one door away, Tanis couldn’t help but feel that the display way for her and for a brief moment she wondered how it was to be married to Sinead.
It was too much and Tanis was once again flustered, by her thought alone.
“What are you making?” She asked, a desperate attempt at smalltalk and maybe an attempt to get her own pulse down a little, even if she knew that it was probably for naught.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:57 pm 

At the mention of her cooking, Sinead thoughtlessly tipped her head back towards the counter, acting more on instinct than out of interest. Her eyes never properly found the vegetables, her attention still undivided on Tanis.
"Gumbo," Sinead replied as her eyes once again found Tanis, the easy smile in her voice making the reply sound arbitrary, like it was the last thing on her mind. Just as far removed was the promised pot of coffee, because Sinead had crossed the distance between them far before it even occurred her to start brewing it.
Boldly, Sinead reached over to shut the kitchen door behind Tanis, the other woman barely an arms length away.
"Are you staying to taste it?" Sinead wanted to know as she turned towards Tanis, Sinead's hands gently at Tanis' neck, urging it upwards when they settled on her jaw. There was a smile to her lip, giddy at the simple prospect that Tanis might stay for dinner; though it was a stolen moment in Avi's company, it would still be time spent with the other woman.
Not urgently in need of the answer but of something else, Sinead crossed the remaining distance to press a grinning, indulgent kiss to Tanis' lips.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:15 pm 

Tanis never got a chance to answer the question, but she couldn’t exactly say that she minded. Instead, she just stretched into the kiss, knowing that there would nothing would ever be more important than getting to kiss Sinead whenever she could.
Rationally, she knew that it was far too risky, with Avi only one door away, but she also knew that she was far too weak to not just give in. It seemed impossible to not smile into the kiss, still feeling like it i was completely unreal, and just trying to soak it all up.
Eventually, she felt that she had to pull away though, knowing that it was far too risky to keep indulging this way.
“If you’ll have me, I’ll stay,” she said in a soft voice, grin still wide on her lips.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:59 pm 

The phrasing of Tanis' response made Sinead's heart do somersaults, certain that Tanis didn't know just how taken Sinead was by her. Part of Sinead recognized it as a girlish thrill at the prospect of stolen moments like this one, but she knew that it didn't even amount to a fraction of the affection she felt for Tanis.
"Stay forever, then," Sinead suggested, her voice somewhere between coy and immensely bold. It was impossible not to feel at ease in the safety of her own home, but even then, Sinead understood that Tanis couldn't possibly share that sentiment. So, the suggestion remained nothing more than a sweet nothing.
Though Sinead's grip around Tanis had relaxed when the other woman leaned out of the kiss, Sinead's hands lingered at Tanis' shoulders, reluctant to let go of her. Sinead's right hand easily found the angle of Tanis' jaw.
"Stay for dinner, at the very least," came the more feasible option, though Sinead's smile remained just as girlish at the prospect.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16