All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Drarry College AU
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:57 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

It had been an alluring option for Draco to just stay the night in Harry’s bed and just deal with his sense of guilt in the morning. There was something so comforting about Harry’s presence next to him in the dark bedroom, even if they weren’t touching each other and Draco wanted nothing more than to roll into Harry’s arms and just not think too much.
However, the guilt was already gnawing at his stomach and he knew that there was absolutely no way that he would allow himself that. It wasn’t fair to Harry that Draco kept pulling him along like this, but he also knew that he likely wouldn’t be able to stop himself.
Despite knowing that it was a cowardly move, Draco waited in the bed next to Harry, trying to listen to his breathing to judge whether or not he was sleeping, before getting out of the bed, very carefully, and softly collecting his clothes.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:37 pm 

Though having been on the brink of sleep, the shift of the mattress beneath Draco's weight easily managed to wake him. Immediately feeling his heart rate spike, Harry momentarily kept his eyes close, doing what he could to keep his breathing steady.
Barely peering his eyes open, Harry allowed himself to look at Draco shift through the darkness.
Not having been bold enough to touch Draco, Harry wasn't bold enough to ask Draco to stay. Tough he found themselves being the mirrored image of when they had last slept together, Harry couldn't do what Draco had done and invite him to stay. Despite it all, Harry was certain Draco would decline.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:28 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The truly difficult part of it all for Draco was that he didn’t know which part felt worse, having cheated on Chad again or leaving Harry alone in the dark bedroom. Or, actually, the worst part was that he knew which one felt worse, and it wasn’t the one that was probably supposed to feel worst.
Having gathered his things, Draco took a moment to hesitate, peering over at Harry’s sleeping body in the dark. His heart ached to just lay back down with him, but he couldn’t allow himself to do that, it wasn’t what he deserved.
Instead, he did approach the bed, but only to place a soft, brief, but far too tender, kiss to Harry’s forehead before leaving the room.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:23 am 

Harry had closed his eyes when he was again heard Draco approach the bed. The gesture had been silly, if not stupid, but Harry couldn't get himself to face Draco.
The kiss, however, fully caught Harry off guard, feeling his heart leap in his chest out of sheer surprise. Not knowing what he had expected, the kiss was far from it.
It was only when he head Draco close the bedroom door behind him that Harry finally shifted. Turning over onto his back, Harry pressed the pads of his palms against either eye. Holding his breath as he applied pressure, he exhaled a choked **** as he helplessly ran his hands through his hair.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:23 pm 

It had been a couple of days since Draco last had seen Harry and he couldn’t help but feel that his flatmate was ignoring. It made perfect sense if he was, but it did further underline the fact that what they had done was actually wrong.
Doing what he did best, Draco had thrown himself completely into his school work, currently making himself a cup of coffee to prepare for a longer study session. He was frustrated by a great number of things, only one of them being Harry, the biggest one being Chad, and this it was easier to just focus on doing his school work.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:49 pm 

Despite it being well into the afternoon, Harry had yet to do any lacrosse training. Instead, he had spent the day in the administrative building, undergoing the tedious process of arguing in favour of his scholarship being extended to cover the upcoming semester. When he unlocked the door, he was still wearing the light blue dress shirt he had worn for his interview with the dean.
"Hullo," Harry exhaled upon entering the hallway. Even without having Draco in his line of sight he could hear him putter about. With a thud, Harry dropped his back pack to the floor, still undecided whether or not he just wanted to hide away in his bedroom.
"Are you cooking?" he asked, eyes fixed aimlessly at the floor as he leaned over to undo the top of his laces, kicking off his shoes.
Harry wouldn't say that he had been avoiding Draco per say, yet he was fully aware of the fact that he wouldn't be able to look Draco in the eye before he had taken care of a couple of things.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:17 am 

The sound of Harry’s voice caused anxiety to rake through Draco, unsure what to do now that he was going to be facing his flatmate. He didn’t know what he thought was going to happen, but there was something very daunting about actually talking with Harry once more.
“If you think that making coffee counts as cooking, then sure,” he answered, not sure whether he hoped that Harry would go directly to his room or if he would come to the kitchen. All in all, he had no idea how he felt about his relationship with Harry anymore, but it constantly left his head spinning.
“Good training?”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:11 pm 

"I - uh - I didn't go," Harry answered distractedly and brightly, the toothy smile he directed towards the empty hallway bled through to his voice. Despite the nauseating conversation they still had looming over their heads, Harry found that it was so refreshing to have another answer than yeah or fine, and he couldn't quite get himself to abandon the conversation entirely. There was an easiness about talking to Draco without directly looking at him that made Harry consider lingering out of sight in the hallway. "I've been to the dean's to get my scholarship extended another semester."
Though it had yet to be confirmed to him, Harry knew that Draco couldn't possibly depend on a scholarship to stay in school, so Harry didn't expect Draco to fully understand the thrill of that meeting. Being validated both athletically and academically in one sitting had left Harry in a good mood, bursting at the seams with pride and relief.
Some of that adrenaline still in his system, Harry finally mustered enough courage to peer into the kitchen. Harry couldn't properly articulate what he had expected to see, yet the easy domesticity of Draco making himself a cup of coffee was still enough to made his heart skip a beat. Thoughtlessly, his fingers moved to his cuff, undoing the button as he properly settled himself in the doorway. "Good day?"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:11 am 

Draco had been mostly fine talking with Harry when he couldn’t see him, but now that he was suddenly in the kitchen with him, their kitchen now seeming impossibly small, Draco felt like he couldn’t breathe. His mind was racing with everything he wanted to do to Harry, wanting him so much closer and yet also needing him to stay at a distance.
“Oh, congrats,” he said, focusing on his coffee and doing what he could to not look directly at Harry. It was too much, far too much, and Draco didn’t know what to do with himself.
“It’s been alright. Studying.”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:07 pm 

"Yeah, thanks," Harry answered, genuinely appreciative though not deaf to the tension in the room. For a long moment he regretted even having stepped inside the kitchen, finding that the conversation had stifled the moment they were within an arms reach of one another.
Hands moving from his cuffs to the buttons trailing down his chest, thoughtlessly moving to undo them, wanting to get out of his formal wear.
Harry's eyes dipped to Draco's hands prepare his cup of coffee, finding that everything felt a little less intimate when he wasn't looking at Draco - especially when the other seemed reluctant to even look in Harry's direction.
"That's nice, still," he added with a delay, finding it to be silly once he said it out loud; he just needed something to justify the fact that he was still here.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 6:23 am 

The tension in the air was so heavy between them that Draco felt like he could barely breathe. It was so clear how much was lying unsaid between the two of them, far too many questions with answers that were too hurtful to answer. It made it difficult to be in the same room as Harry and Draco hated that he had been the one to, once again, put them in this position.
Even worse was the fact that Draco knew, deep within himself, that he would do it all again in a heartbeat.
“I guess,” he stated with a shrug, really unsure what he even had to say to Harry.
“Are you gonna be celebrating with your boyfriend?” He asked, needing to remind himself that the both of them were in relationships and they should respect that.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:42 pm 

Draco's question made Harry stop dead in his tracks, as if only now realizing what the **** he was getting himself into. Harry was certain that Draco had ment it as nothing more than small talk, yet, unbeknownst to Draco, it had effectively lead them right back into the conversation they were both avoiding. For a quick moment his adrenaline surged, having to force himself to stay put rather than to make a run for it.
His mouth had gone dry, hands falling to his side after they had pointlessly hovered above the last few buttons he had yet to undo.
"Um, no," Harry eventually heard himself say. His mind had clouded, and he only barely refocused his gaze on a bottom cupboard to the left of Draco.
It felt silly even sharing this with Draco; it felt like admitting Harry had broken up with Dante only days after sleeping with Draco implied way too much. It was a lie to say Draco hadn't been the main reason behind it, yet Harry knew that didn't mean Draco intended on breaking up with Chad, nor that Harry was in any way entitled to Draco because of it. "Dante and I split up."

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:27 pm 

“Oh,” Draco stated. looking harshly down at his coffee still, finding the prospect of meeting Harry’s eye even worse now. The implications of Harry and Dante not being together anymore, making Draco the only one still technically in a relationship, was making his head spin and feel sick to his stomach.
“I’m sorry,” he tried, knowing that he probably didn’t sound very sincere in his apology, but he felt like he had to say something. Steeling himself, he finally turned away from the counter and instead faced his flatmate.
It quickly turned out to be a mistake. Harry had his shirt half open, making Draco’s head spin with everything he wanted to do to him, but also knowing that he shouldn’t.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:17 am 

When Draco turned, Harry was overcome with a sinking feeling of déjà vu. It was almost mind boggling how, in a matter of months, they were essentially having the same conversation all over. He felt awful for putting Draco back into this position.
Draco had played just as big of a role in Harry's split with Dante, as Draco had in Harry coming out. Yet, once again, Harry found that all he could do was to downplay just how infatuated he was with Draco, knowing better than to burden Draco with those expectations.
"Don't worry about it," Harry replied. He had no intention of telling Draco that he couldn't with good consciousness go back into that relationship after having slept with Draco; Harry couldn't think of a phrasing that wouldn't vilify Draco's decision of staying with Chad.
For a moment, Harry considered not offering any explanation at all. The explanation was, after all, Draco.
"I think we were just heading in different directions," Harry instead attempted, timidly, hoping that Dante introducing Harry to Charlie would serve as enough of an example.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:08 pm 

Even if Harry never said, nor even implied, what the actual reason for his split with Dante was, Draco felt that he probably wasn’t being too forward in assuming that he had been playing a role in the split. It made him regret his decisions to seduce Harry even more, even if it had been a drunken decision and he knew just how little it would take for him to do it again.
“Right,” he said, stalling himself, not wanting to accidentally say something that would overstep the boundaries of their relationship; if you could even call what they had a relationship.
What they had was already so heavy and loaded with past mistakes and Draco had no idea how to be around Harry without thinking about those things. Even worse was that he didn’t truly regret. Sure, he regretted possibly causing Harry to break up with a guy he really seemed to like, when Draco knew that he himself had no intention of breaking up with Chad, but he didn’t regret anything that had brought him closer to Harry.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:35 pm 

Harry parted his lips to speak, and then regretted it, not even certain what he had intended to say. Rationally, Harry knew that this was a full fledged conversation; Draco needed no further explanation, and so, Harry could in good consciousness have turned around and left.
And yet, no rational thought seemed to be present anywhere in his mind, effectively anchoring his feet to the kitchen floor. The longer Draco stayed silent, the louder his own heartbeat rung in his ears.
Almost desperately, Harry blurted out an uncohesive: "Don't feel responsible."
His words were abrupt, starting his sentence in the middle of an entire mental monologue and reasoning. As soon as he spoke, Harry's cheeks had flushed. "I'm not trying to put the blame on you."
There was no way around the fact that Draco held his attention in a way Dante never had come close to, yet Harry wasn't foolish enough to believe that that meant he had any claim to him. His eyes were glued to Draco, desperately searching for anything that might give way for whatever was going through Draco's mind.
After another hesitation, he continued, rushed but wanting to elaborate. "I don't expect anything, either. I've really enjoyed myself, but that doesn't have to mean anything at all. We can just pretend I never said anything."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:27 pm 

“But I am responsible then?” Draco asked, his tone not mad nor was it accusatory. All in all, Draco just wanted to confirm that the two of them indeed were very attracted to one another, even if that was something he did know already. Still, he wanted to be actually confirmed in the fact that he had been part of why Harry and Dante broke up, even if it made him feel guilty.
“Did you break up with Dante because of...” he trailed off, unsure how to even address what it was they were doing. Draco had enjoyed Chad’s company, but things were so much different whenever he was with Harry. He didn’t know quite what it was that made the difference between the two men, but he did know that his attraction towards Harry was much more sincere than his attraction towards Chad, but he had no idea what to do with that.
“Well, because of whatever this is?”

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:06 pm 

Harry stalled at that, the hesitation so visible in his stature that it almost look like he was going to take a step back. The forwardness of Draco's question, though fair, caught Harry wholly unprepared. Harry had decided that not involving Draco at all would have been to not involve Draco in the split at all, yet that was quickly turned around.
Not knowing what to say, Harry's lips parted; for a moment, he looked almost helpless. He didn't know if Draco was asking him - really asking him - making him feel like he was toeing a delicate line. Harry knew a misplaced reply would set their fragile friendship months back, if not ruin it completely.
So, Harry hesitated, mind racing at the speed of light trying to come up with the perfect, inconspicuous answer to Draco's question. Harry's heart was in his throat, when he finally found the words to reply. "Yeah."
Harry's voice was barely an exhale, having come up lacking any better reply. The moment he admitted to it, his mind had gone blank, unable to even conceive a plausible lie. Draco had been the primary reason Harry had broken up with Dante, and it felt foolish to even attempt to shy away from it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:18 pm 

Draco had already known the answer before he had even asked if, of course he had. With everything that had been going on between the two of them, it was no wonder that Harry had decided to put an end to the fairly new relationship he had gotten into.
It made Draco feel guilty somewhat but mostly he felt elated, which mostly caused him to feel even more guilty. He knew that he had no intentions of breaking up with Chad, at least not as things were right now, yet he still liked the idea of getting to have Harry around without his flatmate having to hurt anyone else.
Finding that no words came to him, there really was nothing to say to something like that, he instead found that his body was working for him. Without even thinking, Draco had crossed the distance between them, his hands finding Harry’s face, almost as if he needed to touch Harry.
He took a moment, allowing the two of them to realise what was about to happen, before he leant in to kiss Harry anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:29 pm 

Harry so desperately needed to say that while Harry had split up with Dante because of Draco, but not necessarily for Draco; not saying it didn't feel fair to Draco, like Harry once again was putting too much pressure on his roommate. However, any capability to say that Harry didn't need this completely disappeared the moment Draco's hands were on his face.
How easily he gave into the touch even surprised Harry himself. He had been so prepared to go without Draco, if the other so decided, but right then and there, Harry was certain he wouldn't actually survive that.
Even though Draco paused, giving Harry a way out, Harry didn't pause to think. Stretching to meet the kiss half way with such desperation that, had it not been for Draco's hands on his person, he might have lost his balance. It was only then that Harry's hands gripped Draco's waist, as if even their proximity to one another was secondary to the fact that Draco still wanted to kiss Harry; whatever that might entail.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next