All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:14 am 

Medals: 2
Original Character (1) December 2015 (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Hello, you cool cats here in Creative Freedom. :) I’ll try to keep this brief as to not bore anyone too terribly. I suppose this apology is more for me to get this off my chest than anything else.

I absolutely loved this website when I was active on it about four years ago (damn, it’s crazy to think that there’s writing of mine documented here from when I was 15/16!). Abruptly, my home life drastically changed before me in 2016 as a result of domestic violence and homophobia (I came out as gay prematurely to my fam), causing me to fall into a toxic, shut-down mode where I didn’t believe anyone would want to communicate with me. I all-of-a-sudden pushed a lot of things out of my life, including roleplaying and writing in general.

(If anyone reading this happens to be victims of domestic violence, please, do not keep it to yourself! There is no shame in confronting the truth of the situation and people WILL be there for you 100%.)

To be honest, during that time I missed this website and the lovely people I’d met on here so much. If any of you who I’d roleplayed with or had befriended are reading this, I am so incredibly sorry for not telling you that I was going to disappear. That’s one of the big universal roleplaying no-no’s! This was something I was fearful of telling you after the fact, as I had so much respect for all of you and the thought of ruining that trust was heart breaking. I completely understand if some of you don’t want to roleplay with me again because of it, no hard feelings at all from my end!

From the life experience I’ve gained over these crazy four years in my life, one of the things I’ve learned is to always speak up about how you feel to the people you care about, and that living with the mistakes I’ve made openly feels much better than trying to bury them under rugs as though they never happened. And I want to remember that I’d roleplayed on here! The stories I’d contributed to on here and got to read were so dang fun, man!

And with that said, if y’all would still have me, I thought I’d come back to say that I’d like to try roleplaying here again. If life stuff ever happens, I vow to speak up about it.

In any case, take care, and sending y’all my love for all the beautiful things that have blossomed from this website. <3 Absolutely adore the stories on here.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:15 pm 

Blog: View Blog (1)

Welcome back :) I hope you are in a better place right now. No one deserves to go through that.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace