All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 64  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:01 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Medals: 6
Longest RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (8)

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules
Bakushima; Fantasy Feudal Japan

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:24 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I love J.R.R. Tolkien. I've read the Hobbit and the Lord of The Rings, I recently read the Silmarillion, and am currently working through the Unfinished Tales. c: I watch the movies at least once a year.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:48 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

I need to re-read those books. I read them about 37 years ago.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gift, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. "
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:15 am 

I prefer the the Return of The King book to the movie because it has more Eowyn / Faramir romance and it's adorable. They completely took it out of the movie, unless you have the extended edition, in which there's one short scene of them holding hands on a balcony and looking at each other. Call me a sap but I love it, more than the Arwen / Eragorn stuff. I also miss all the clever banter between Eomer, I believe it was, and Gimli about Galadriel that they mostly took out.
Also you read those books before I was even born.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:15 pm 

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)

Never read LOTR. Movies are good just too long for my liking.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:08 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Cotton wrote:
Also you read those books before I was even born.
I'm old compared to most on this site. Am I older than your [soldier] father? I retired from the US Army in 2003 after serving 21 years, mostly in the Infantry.

I had considered reading Tolkien to my kids as bed time stories. I have four children between 4 and 10 years old. My oldest can read the book herself.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:14 pm 

@Gunther -
My dad is 52, and mostly served in the reserves. He just recently got a reg force job. c: He has a few years left before he plans to retire, he joined a bit later than most folks do.

I'm making a 50's apron for my friend and the iron we have sucks, so hems have been a real pain Dx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:15 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

I don't know if anyone outside the New England area has heard or seen anything about the snow in here this year. Here are some pics that display it in all its grandeur. I have a friend who lives in Vancouver, Canada. She has no snow in her yard. I have mountains of this crap in mine. Take a look at the snow accumulations in New England this far.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/please-s ... .ntew2OW7O

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:32 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Damn. Be safe out there, old man! This is insane!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:21 pm 

It rarely ever snows in Vancouver / the Island. It's usually rain, and if there is snow, it lasts only a couple of days before turning into slush, ice, and other fun dangerous wet stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:23 pm 

Sort of back.

It never snows anywhere I have ever lived. South of the country, there is snow every now and then, but I've never been there. Not sure I want to live someplace where it snows after seeing all that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:47 pm 

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)

There was lots of Ice Monday. I lost power and was without it for 16 hours. Internet out for 24 hours at least

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:50 am 

It's not something you should wish to take.

I feel like I need some sort of emotional analgesic right now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:58 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Sunday was the warmest day since the snowing started. It got up to 40 degrees.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:02 am 

Sort of back.

We have 25 C here today (around 77 F, if my converter is right). It's quite mild for a summer day.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:56 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

I like summer days like those, Shadow. I spent some time in the midwest several years ago. The daily temperatures were over 100 degrees (F) 37.7(C). It was muggy and unbearable. One day, the temperature dropped to 89 (F) 31.6(C) and it felt so cool.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:03 am 

Sort of back.

Where I'm from (Rio), temperatures in summer are usually around 40 C (104 F), and have been as high as 47 C (116 F).

Where I live now, temperatures are usually somewhere in between 20 C(68 F) and 32 C(89.6 F), I've never gotten a temperature higher than that. I have been living here since October '12.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:08 am 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Not a broad variation there. 68 - 89 is pretty mild. Where I live it goes from 0 to 95 normally. It can get colder than 0 and hotter than 95.

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:14 am 

Sort of back.

Yeah, back in Rio temperature was a lot more variable, it could range from 15 C/ 59 F in winter (pretty cold when you're used to a scorching hot weather) to 47 C/116 F in summer, with some crazy days going up to 50 C/122 F. Rio has crazy temperature changes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:31 pm 

PLaying SQUAD with TASQ

Rio appears further south, but it is still close to the Equator. Are you south of Rio? or north?

ImageImage

My Characters
My Writing Styles
Galileo Corporation
Modern Wargaming Rules

Best Days for RPing
Fri - Sun

Attitude | +
~ Charles Swindoll

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 64  Next