All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: That Roommate Life OOC
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:05 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Alright, here is the OOC thread referring to this Interest Check. Some information here just so you don't have to go there to know what this is about:

Premise: A somewhat big house (5 to 6 bedrooms) shared by as many roommates. Why they live there and what their relationship with each other is will be completely up to everyone who chooses to participate.

Plot: None at first, it's going to be a bit of a 'just let things happen' roleplay, but we're all free to throw in anything we want, challenges for the characters to deal with, plot ideas, etc.

Posting: Since we're all living in weird times, I just ask that people respect the posting order and let us know if they can't post for whatever reason or no reason!

Character template:

Picture or description:
Name:
Why are they living in the house?
How do they relate to their roommates?
Misc (anything else you want to share about your character):

Character List (will be placed here once the characters are created for ease of access):
Melody (Mel) Elizabeth Taylor - TheSnowDrift
Janine (Neen) Allen - Shades
Liam Foley - Cer Kamber
Charlie Bury - Vampire.Panda

Posting order: Shades // Vampire.Panda // TheSnowDrift // Cer Kamber

Last edited by Shades on Thu May 28, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 1:28 am 

The White Wolf Prevails

Blog: View Blog (0)

Description: Melody stands at 5'7" and weights at roughly 140-ish pounds, she's tall and cut. Being from up north, she has rather fair skin with only a few blemishes, various scars from her time playing sports. Her hair is at chest length, naturally wavy and a rich mocha brown with caramel highlights. She also has deep hazel eyes.
Photo:
| +

Attire: Her casual outfits consists of black jeans and combat boots, a leather jacket, a solid t-shirt underneath, sunglasses, and a snapback or ripped jeans, checkered vans, and her university or sports hoodie. While for formal occasions, she is seen in a light navy blue suit jacket, light grey dress shirt, same light blue slacks, and tan leather dress shoes.
Name: Melody ( Mel ) Elizabeth Taylor
Occupation(s): Private music instructor (emphasis on choral and guitar)
Why are they living in the house? A recent graduate from the local university, Melody couldn't afford rent for her own apartment so after weeks surfing the web, she found an ad looking for roommates and decided it was worth a shot.
How do they relate to their roommates? While Melody is more quiet and reserved, not 100% settled as she was one of the more recent move ins (unless they all moved in at the same time?), she remains friendly and considerate of her other housemates
Misc (anything else you want to share about your character): Melody is an international graduate, originally from Toronto, Canada but in the United States with a student/work visa. She is taking a break from her studies before heading off for her masters.

Boom, hope that is okay. I can make adjustments if needed.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:19 am 

Sort of back.

I like her already! Should have mine up today after work!

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:00 pm 

Sort of back.

Picture or description:
| +

Janine is just a little over 5 ft tall, and constantly dressed in sweatpants and a tank top when she's home. When she goes out for anything other than work, jeans and a button-down shirt with flats are her go-to choice of attire.

Name: Janine "Neen" Allen

Why are they living in the house? As most of her resources are invested in her business, Neen has chosen to have roommates to keep her living expenses as low as possible.

How do they relate to their roommates? Neen is a people person. She keeps to herself when she's working on her blog, but once work is done she's happy to offer baked goods, a night out on the town or a conversation. If her openings aren't welcome, she'll move on easily and find a way to keep herself busy. She's also almost religious about paying rent and her share of utilities and other expenses on time and cleaning up after herself.

Misc: Janine has a bit of a 'house mom' thing going, though she does her best not to overstep any boundaries. She's mostly always there to offer a friendly shoulder to cry on or a tray of baked goods, but she tries not to pry or stick her nose where she's not wanted. Other than the occasional night out, she travels to her hometown in Maryland to visit her parents at least three or four times per year.

View Likes PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:02 pm 

Sort of back.

Alright, she's up and I need to stop offering deadlines because I'm always at least a day late! x.x

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:35 pm 

Mind if I join? I’m a bit of a slow replies since I can only do it after my kid goes to sleep. And is it real looking characters only or anime too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Human/Doctor: But you made me.
The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.
Rose: But he's not you.
The Doctor: He needs you. That's very me.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:23 am 

Sort of back.

Hey, the idea is a slow pace, if you can drop around one post per week (loose requirement) that would be nice. And real faces or descriptions! If you want to find a real one and need help, drop me a line and I'll help you out!

View Likes PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:37 am 

Alright I’ll work on a character sheet tonight then

The Doctor: Exactly. You were born in battle. Full of blood and anger and revenge. to Rose. Remind you of someone? That's me, when we first met. And you made me better. Now you can do the same for him.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:48 pm 

Sort of back.

Awesome!

Post subject: That Roommate Life OOC
View Likes PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:35 am 

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200515/4be908a45f14c780329c1db951ac4d66.jpg[/img]

Name: Liam Foley
Why are they living in the house?: Liam moved from Ireland with his mother and sister when he was 13. After graduating high school Liam found a job as a mechanic with the father of one of his friends. He ended up moving out of his family home a few years later after having a major fight with his mother. Running low on cash, he soon decided to live with the room mates.

How do they relate to the other room mates?: For the most part Liam is quite friendly and outgoing. He can be a bit stubborn and harder headed at times but otherwise gets along with the others well. He values his work greatly so he spends most of his days at the shop.

Misc: Liam enjoys archery and will always make time to do it in the clearing within the woods somewhere downtown. He fixed up a makeshift archery range there and usually can be found with a bow in hand when he’s not working or at the house.

Other Facts: He stands about 6’1 and weighs roughly 170lbs. He’s got an athletic look and is well toned. He still carries an Irish accent but speaks fluid English. He also has a tattoo of the Celtic knot on his right shoulder.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 9:17 am 

Sort of back.

I really like him, welcome aboard! =)

View Likes PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:43 pm 

Awesome

View Likes PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 12:44 pm 

Medals: 7
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Supporter (3) Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (16)

Hey, am I still okay to join? Sorry I forgot to check on this last week as I was really sick but im okay (no worries!) but understand if you have started already.

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:55 pm 

Sort of back.

@Vampire.Panda

Nope, we haven't started yet, I was waiting for you! =)
Glad you're feeling better!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 10:07 pm 

So who else are we waiting for then?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 11:19 am 

Sort of back.

Only Vampire.Panda's character and then we're good to go!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:02 pm 

Okay

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:50 am 

So sorry for the delay! I will be less absent-minded from here on! >.<

Name: Charlie Bury
Occupation(s): Social Media "Model"/Influencer. (basically they get paid to take selfies + food pictures etc)
Why are they living in the house: Cheapest housing available, without having to live with their demanding parents: who only gave them a small budget for rent allowance.
How do they relate to their roommates: Charlie loves to be around other people, and hates being alone. They often feel the need to organise gatherings and other social events even if it's just a movie in the living room with their roommates.
Misc (anything else you want to share about your character):Charlie is non-binary, and has felt a little outcasted so always tried harder to fit in. They don't really understand the meaning of money as they came from a fairly rich family + likes to spoil their roommates with gifts and love. They're always wanting more friends and can be a bit draining but mean well. Kind and thoughtful of others feelings as well. Their friendship is valued above anything else. Charlie will only walk or cycle places; regardless of the weather.
Picture or description: Charlie is 5ft 3", has short scruffy pixie cut hair with long side bangs, which they have in a neon pink + purple colour, has a dark olive skin complexion and emerald green eyes. They are slim but have quite a bit of leg + arm muscle which is due to their obsession with cycling everywhere. The clothes they wear vary from mood to mood, sometimes a more baggy/hipster style of clothing, and others a summer fae like appearance. Their wardrobe changes by seasons. They usually have nail varnish in either purple, green, black or pink. They have a small mark on their wrist that looks like a star which they were born with. Charlie has a ring-lip piercing on their left side. They also have a nose stud piercing + Eyebrow piercing. They have a tattoo of a Butterfly on their shoulder with "Love Yourself as you are" in scripted handwriting font below it. There is a tattoo of a rose on their right leg, and a tattoo of barbed wire around their left ankle.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:18 pm 

Sort of back.

Added to the list! I feel that Neen and Charlie will get along great! XD
Will have the opening up this weekend!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:28 pm 

Shades wrote:
Added to the list! I feel that Neen and Charlie will get along great! XD
Will have the opening up this weekend!

I hope so haha!
Looking forward to starting! :D