All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:58 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Hello and welcome to another OOC! This time, we're gonna explore the nights in Victorian London and the creatures who inhabit them. Read further if you are interested in the setting!

The plan is to explore the lives of a werewolf pack during a time in which things are changing. People are losing the fear of the dark that has provided them and other creatures of the night with cover for centuries. Others are actively hunting the pack in an effort to destroy them. It is not an easy time to be a werewolf. Now that they are being hunted, they need to work together and keep each other and themselves safe.

Disclaimers:

Alpha standards apply - grammar, spelling, and length. Remember, Alpha is PG-13.
Post frequency for this will be once a week, as to keep the roleplay active and interesting for all of us.
You can have as many characters as you feel that you can keep active.
There will probably be quite a lot of reading involved here, so keep that in mind.
We will have a posting order, so we don't get lost on who is supposed to be posting next.
Hunters will be NPCs, but if someone really wants to take a hunter, they can take one, but it has to be a secondary character, as the primary is supposed to be a werewolf.
I strongly advise that characters are created from scratch for this, as they will have to adjust to the provided lore.
Characters can be of any alignment, but they should all have some sort of loyalty - even if just for practical purposes - towards the pack.
Keep in mind that while pairing and couples are allowed, they should not be the main focus, and if people start isolating their characters from the rest, I will ask them to interact more, and if they still isolate themselves from the group, I may have to ask them to leave the roleplay, as the focus of the story will be the pack.
Important disclaimer: I will be taking a trip out of town next week (from the 24th to the 28th), and if this takes off, the IC will certainly be posted after I get back home.

Lore on the werewolves here:

We will work with the more traditional lore when it comes to what werewolves are - monsters. They become werewolves through the bite of another, and are at least in some way attached to the one who turned them - and their responsibility. The pack is formed by:

An Alpha Male: Taken, Eferhilda
An Alpha Female: Taken, Shades
A Beta Male: Taken, AhZombies
A Beta Female: Taken, Sound of Silence
An Omega (can be either a male or female): (free)
Other regular members of the pack: (I may take another member here, probably)

What each member of the pack is in charge of doing:

Alpha male and Alpha female: These two form a couple - even though they don't always have a lot of time to enjoy their bond. They are tasked with both leading and protecting the pack. In case of a battle, they will be the first ones in and last ones out. They get credit for successes, but at the same time, they take the rep for failures and are expected to fix whatever problems come from them. If they prove unfit, they can be challenged for their position, as long as it is not the middle of a battle.

Beta male and Beta female: They may or may not be a couple. They are second in command after the Alphas. If either one of the Alphas is unavailable - ill, injured or busy with something bigger - the corresponding Beta will make whatever command decisions they need to until the Alpha returns to their post. If the Alpha is unfit, the Beta is allowed to challenge for the position. Should the Beta be unfit for the position, any member of the pack can challenge for their position.

Omega: This member is at the bottom of the pack. Through the circumstances of their birth, due to weakness or falling in disgrace, this person is expected to do as they are told and keep their head down. Even though they won't be actively mistreated for no reason, this person will be expected to do the worst tasks around and be the last one to eat - which, in times of scarcity, may leave them hungry. They also get the smallest part in the spoils of every battle.

Other members: They are below the Betas and above the Omega. They are the largest part of the pack and its actual strength. They support the Alphas and Betas, and get an equal share of anything the pack acquires. They have the right to try for the position of Beta should the current ones be unfit to hold the position or fall in disgrace.

People born to pack members are often changed shortly after their 13th birthday, unless their parents consider them unfit to be a pack member, in which case they are cast away.

Character sheet template:

Picture (Human and werewolf forms, real people only for human form):
Name:
Age (werewolves age normally, but they live longer than humans unless they are killed):
Position in the pack:
Personality:
Skills:
Weapons (carried):
Weapons (owned):
Significant other, if any - mention if they are a pack member:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Backstory, including how they were changed and how they came to the pack's home:
Misc (anything that hasn't been covered yet and you wish to add):

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:05 am 

Life's not all the great right now, sorry.

Blog: View Blog (1)

I will put my character up probably tomorrow, but I'll probably be a regular member for now.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:14 am 

Sort of back.

All right, no rush, since I'll get this rolling when I get back home.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:03 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I may take a Beta, or just be a regular member, I haven't decided yet.

My character should be up next week.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:18 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

I'm really interested in this! I would be up for taking the Alpha male, or perhaps a Beta member? Depending on what you need for the RP to start! :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:53 pm 

Sort of back.

Either one is fine, though Sound may take a Beta! I'll see more details about it later on when I get back home!

Sent from the shadows using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:51 pm 

Owner

Medals: 14
Villain of the Month (2) Original Character (1)
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)

Was going to snag the male alpha spot myself. But whoever you want to have it is fine with me I can pick up another spot no problem.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

"Any fool can write. It takes a genius to read"~Dadsky.
"Draco didn’t listen, so Hermione shut him down the best way she knew how"......"She set that ****ing on fire."
"Ausan: She's beauty, She's grace, She'll punch you in the face"~Smexy Awesome Fossil
Like Gaming? Want to Game with me? Or even just show your support? Check out my Twitch Channel!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:00 pm 

Administrator

@Shades After giving it thought, I think I am definitely going to have my character be one of the betas for sure.

Might also make a regular pack member or a hunter later on as well, depending.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:01 pm 

1st Year (1)

Ohhh, if you would like alpha male, Eferhilda, please go ahead! This'll be my first roleplay on this site, so I'm probably better off going for a lower rank of wolf anyway! :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:24 pm 

Sort of back.

You've got the alpha male, Efer! I should be home by Friday evening, so I'll edit the initial post for claims and create my characters then!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:27 pm 

1st Year (1)

Perhaps I could go for the other Beta member then? :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:59 pm 

Sort of back.

Works for me!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:11 pm 

Administrator

@AhZombies Are you doing male or female Beta then? I was gonna do female, but I can do male if preferable.

Unless Shades would be cool with two female Betas, in a Victorian setting? I'm not sure, if it does end up being somewhat romantic, if that would work out?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:15 pm 

Sort of back.

I'm leaning strongly towards a male and a female, even if nothing romantic comes from their bond.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:18 pm 

1st Year (1)

I am happy to play a male character! :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:21 pm 

Sort of back.

Neat!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:18 pm 

Administrator

Awesome :D Truth be told, I already had stuff planned out that I didn't want to scrap, to make a male character lol

Question for werewolf image: are we going with a two-legged beast or just have them look like larger than average wolves? Or are we going with both?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:35 pm 

Sort of back.

The two-legged beast type.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:18 pm 

Administrator

Alright, cool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:10 pm 

Sort of back.

Human Picture:

Attachment:
Drina-Callaghan.png
Drina-Callaghan.png [ 348.52 KiB | Viewed 15186 times ]

Werewolf Picture:

Attachment:
Drina-Werewolf.png
Drina-Werewolf.png [ 247.83 KiB | Viewed 15186 times ]

Name: Drina Callaghan

Position in the pack: Alpha female

Personality: Drina is what most people think of when they hear the word leader. She is always concerned about others and worried about making sure everyone around her is safe and their needs are met. On the negative side, Drina's concern for her pack makes her care very little about her own safety, and it can also make her more than a little overbearing.

Skills: leadership, strategy, intimidation (rarely used), good judge of character, combat with white weapons, first aid.

Weapon (carried): hunting knife

Weapons (owned): an armory with ancient weapons, such as halberds, old swords and shields. The armory is open to any member of the pack.

Significant other: Alpha male (name will be added once he's posted)

Strengths: hard working, quick thinking, putting the pack first.

Weaknesses: quick temper, works too hard to keep the pack safe and together, disregarding her own safety and putting her personal life on hold whenever a pack member needs help.

Backstory: Drina was born in Ireland, to a couple of Alphas. Her parents prepared her to lead from a very early age and turned her shortly after she turned fifteen. Being the first of five children, Drina was always tasked with many responsibilities. She was expected to keep her siblings in line and solve disputes whenever they happened.

Once her parents were killed defending their pack, Drina took over caring for the family. She tended to her wounded siblings and made sure to keep them safe. Not too long after losing her parents, Drina moved to England with her siblings and formed a new pack.

Misc: Drina's brothers, 18 and 16 years old, and her sisters, 14 year old twins, are a part of the pack as well, and she is extremely strict with them, since she hopes they will all grow up to lead their own packs in the future.