All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Real Monsters
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:44 am 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

A decade had passed since the events that had brought humanity to the brink of extinction. In the country of Japan, as well as presumably across the globe, vampires now walk the earth freely, and those humans that remain are either living in cities created by the vampires and treated essentially like livestock, or they belong to one of the factions that fight against the vampires. The primary force standing opposed to the vampires in Japan is the Japanese Imperial Demon Army, and until recently, they were the only major force.

Now, in addition to the Imperial Demon Army, another force has risen, comprised largely of soldiers who defected from the army after many of their secret projects came to light, among some others who had previously not allied themselves with any organized force. Both factions are seeking to recruit skilled new members, and both are working to form elite teams to fight against the vampires, or in the case of the new force, any monsters who would seek to harm humanity.
-

Junko Aizama was a sergeant in the Japanese Imperial Demon Army until she recently defected. With her cursed gear, a Black Demon Series bow, she set out to travel, to get away from the army, outside their reach. She had considered joining the new force that had formed, alongside some of her fellow soldiers, but in the end, she had opted to travel alone. She wasn’t yet ready to trust in another organization.

This one seemed different, as if their cause was noble and just, but then again, in the beginning, so had the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. They were still untested, a wild card, if you would. That just wasn’t what she was looking for right now. Then again, she didn’t know what she was looking for, other than to escape the clutched of the army, to avoid being experimented on and used to harm humanity. She wanted to protect people, not to become some sort of weapon that would destroy them.

With that in mind, she traveled alone, slaying whatever evil monsters she crossed paths with, searching for a way in which to find and fulfill her purpose. As she reached the outskirts of Niigata, she squinted, as she saw some commotion in the distance. It appeared to be a group of Horsemen of the Apocalypse. They were running through the city, and debris could be seen falling from a building that one had apparently crashed into.

Hopping up onto an outcropping of stone, she pulled out her bow and aimed for the group. A few well-placed shots and all those without her range had fallen. There were those beyond her range, though, as far as she could tell. There was also the question of what had caused the commotion to begin with. There weren’t generally many—if any—people in cities such as this one that were not occupied by the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. “Well, there’s only one way to find out,” she said, hopping off the rock and heading towards the city.

Last edited by Amara on Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: The Real Monsters
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:17 am 

Allow me to make myself abundantly clear. I aim to misbehave.

Medals: 4
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

Soon shouted swearing in Russian could be heard echoing off the buildings as a five round burst burst from a suppressed rifle rang out (contrary to popular belief, suppressors do not silence shots, and can only quiet them to certain points). Despite this suppressor's high efficiency, it's shots could still be heard, meaning that the fight was closer than you first believed. As you drew even closer, the russian swears became more pronounced as more bursts of suppressed rifle fire erupted, getting closer and closer until a figure clad in vibrant neon yellow, black, and white dashed into view, vaulting over a car wreck and dropping behind it sitting with their back to the car's side. Without hesitating, the figure turned and came up to a crouch, bracing their rifle over the hood of the car and opening up with a three second burst of fire from their rifle. The incoming heavy impacts of footsteps from a Horsemen of the Apocalypse faltered before it stumbled into view and smashing against a building, splattering the building and the pavement with it's blood before tumbling to a standstill against the wall of the building, shuddering.

The figure, muttering something in Russian, stood up and walked around the car and up to the beast before before firing a four round burst into it's head. Then they lowered their rifle with a sigh and walked over to the wall before leaning their back against it. They slid down into a sitting position, placing their rifle over their knees before taking off the pair of gold-chrome rimmed aviators they wore and began cleaning off the blood that had splattered on them.

"These things are all over your damn cities. You Japanese are having quite a hard time compared to the rest of the world. or at least compared tot eh rest of Europe." He stated in fluent Russian accented Japanese. It was obvious just who he was talking to, since there wasn't anyone else around. "I've fought and killed fifteen of these things since hitting Japanese soil, whereas back in Europe I only had the pleasure and privilege of killing two of them."

"I let the wind and weather guide my hand through the endless skies. Grace is my style, stealth is my ally, speed is my closest friend, and agility my sword. But when wind and rhythm combine, I am an unstoppable force."

“Yet, I am alone, forever and always. Alone in my freedoms, alone in my desires, alone in my thirst for blood and violence, and alone in my anger, frustration, sadness, and depression. Happiness is a privilege I do not have, thus I wish to earn it, but how can I when all I am is disgraced and ignored by many?”

"I do not understand why I suffer so, why I cannot have my wish for inner peace, prosperity, and freedom granted? It is what I am due for my own suffering is it not? But nonetheless, I am alone."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:06 pm 

As Junko approached the city, the sounds of suppressed fire could be heard. She quirked a brow at this and continued forward, her bow in hand as she carefully approached. Soon enough, the Horseman that had been beyond her range came into view, although it was quickly eliminated by a yellow-clad figure in the distance, armed with the rifle she gathered was responsible for the shots before.

After the Horseman fell, he ensured it was dead with another burst of shots to its head before he moved to a wall and slid down into a sitting position. She neared as he cleaned the pair of aviators he had been wearing and spoke up, talking about how their cities were overrun with these things. She could gather that he was addressing her, as she could sense no one else in the area.

If his words and appearance had not already given away that he was not from Japan, his accent would have. It was Russian, as far as she could tell. “Yes, well, we have bigger threats to worry about than these weaklings,” she said, gesturing to the one he had killed, then the two she had killed before. “Although, I can’t say I know what sort of state Europe is in, or whether you face a similar threat,” she added as she came to a stop a few feet away from him. “Either way, it would be nice if the army put some effort into eradicating them,” she admitted.

Unlike previously, when she would have been wearing her uniform all the time, she was dressed relatively casually, with a pair of black shorts, a fitted white top, a dark blue jacket, tall dark blue socks, and a pair of black combat boots. In her hand she still held her bow, not because she expected him to attack her, but because she could sense another Horseman in the distance. “I’m S-, I mean, my name is Aizawa Junko,” she introduced herself, having to remind herself that she didn’t have a rank anymore, “You can call me Junko, or Jun, if you wish,” she offered.

Last edited by Amara on Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:22 pm 

"Vasya Ivanov Kerynski." He stated as he stopped cleaning his glasses and peered at them a moment before he slipped them back on. Afterward, he unslung his backpack and removed a fresh fifty round drum from one of the backpack's special side pockets and replaced the half full fifty round drum that had been loaded into he rifle, and placed the half full one in the vacated pocket.Then he slipped the backpack back on and checked the wrist-cuff he wore with his phone. Looking at the map now displayed on it. "Hmph. Miss, would you help me collect my brass? i've gotta be able to reload it the expended ammunition once I get to a safe place." He asked as he took his rifle and used it to push himself up into a standing position.

Vasya was clearly athletic, but the slightly loose fitting clothes he wore told you that while he maintains muscle mass, he was thin, and most of the muscle became from rigorous agility and endurance training rather than activities that would build the kinds of muscular masses and structures that would lead to broad shoulders and unnecessary amounts of upper body strength. He only needed to be strong enough to be able climb anything and everything, the rest was just from running all the time.

As a result Vasya was the kind of combatant that would appear in one place at one point, make a few potshots, and then take cover before suddenly appearing at another position a mind boggling distance away for the small amount of time he'd been in cover. He was unpredictable, and being a slav, the wildest wildcard of wildcards.

"I let the wind and weather guide my hand through the endless skies. Grace is my style, stealth is my ally, speed is my closest friend, and agility my sword. But when wind and rhythm combine, I am an unstoppable force."

“Yet, I am alone, forever and always. Alone in my freedoms, alone in my desires, alone in my thirst for blood and violence, and alone in my anger, frustration, sadness, and depression. Happiness is a privilege I do not have, thus I wish to earn it, but how can I when all I am is disgraced and ignored by many?”

"I do not understand why I suffer so, why I cannot have my wish for inner peace, prosperity, and freedom granted? It is what I am due for my own suffering is it not? But nonetheless, I am alone."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:58 pm 

“Pleasure to meet you, Vasya,” Junko replied with a polite smile. While he finished what he was doing, her blue eyes scanned the area. She felt the remaining Horseman growing ever closer to their position. She looked his way when he asked if she should help him collect his brass, explaining that he needed to be able to reload the ammunition once he got to a safe place. “Sure,” she replied with a light smile.

“Just a moment, though,” she said as she hopped up on the nearby car and held her bow at the ready. She drew back on the string and an arrow suddenly appeared, nocked and ready to fire. As she pulled the string back, a small targeting screen had also appeared in her line of sight. Almost as soon as the arrow had appeared, she had locked on and fired. In the distance, the light of the arrow could be seen making contact with the Horseman before disappearing, leaving the Horseman to crumple into a lifeless mass.

Once the arrow had fired, she hopped down off the car and slung the bow onto her back. Much like Vasya, Junko was clearly athletic, with well-maintained muscle mass sufficient for her purposes, but her fitted clothes made it clear that she maintained a small frame despite her training. After all, much like him, most of her training was focused on agility, speed, and endurance, rather than pure strength and power. She had the upper body strength to wield her bow skillfully, to wield a sword when needed, to climb, and to lift what she might reasonably be required to carry, that was about it.

“Now then,” she said as she began to do as she had said she would, collecting the brass that had been left around the car during his earlier fight with the creatures. She had come in at the tail end of his fight, so she didn’t know where all he had fought, but she figured that once they cleared this area, she could follow him, or the corpses of the horseman to find the rest. “If you don’t mind me asking, what brought you to Japan?” she asked as she went about her task. If he didn’t want to answer, if wouldn’t bother her, but she was curious, and she wouldn’t know if he was willing to answer the question if she never asked.

Last edited by Amara on Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:20 pm 

"A promise of adventure is pretty much all it is. I'm a slav, which means I'm consistantly looking for entertainment and fun." He said as he collected the brass, following the path he made through the streets. There were a couple more dead Horseman along the way with 7.62mm holes riddled through their corpses, most centering around or in their heads. Periodically he'd take of his pack and dump the rounds he'd picked up in it, and would request you do the same. There was a point where he stopped and moved to an area where there were two dead men and a woman. One of the men was in a worn Russian Colonel's Spetnaz uniform.

Vasya walked over to each of them and closed their eyes. From the Spetnaz Colonel he also took all of the magazines and their Kalashnikov, which was an AK-103. Of the others, one carried an AR-15, which Vasya ignored outright, and another with an RPD, which he also took but seemed to think about for a for a moment before slipping his own rifle between his back and backpack. "These people were my companions for part of my journey across Europe. They deserved better, and deserve a burial that I can't give them." He stated sadly. "There'll be more of these beasts converging on our position soon and in much greater numbers. Better to move on and live another day, since I don't have anything like the equipment you have."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:44 pm 

“Adventure, huh?” she said thoughtfully. He was just looking for fun and entertainment, and that’s what this was to him? So many people were fighting for their lives, fighting to protect humanity, fighting for a better future, and he was just fighting for fun? In the end, she guessed it didn’t really matter why, as long as he was fighting and killing the monsters.

She was silent after that, helping him to collect the brass around as they walked. Whenever he removed his pack, she would put all the rounds she’d collected into the pack before continuing on and repeating the process. Eventually, the path led them to an area where three bodies, two men and a woman, lie on the ground.

She approached with him, but like before, she stood watch as he took whatever he thought would be useful from their bodies. She could sense the approach of more of the Horsemen, but so far they weren’t close enough to warrant immediate concern, so she left her bow where it was on her back. She looked his way when he spoke, telling her that the two had been his companions for part of his journey across Europe.

“I’m sorry for your loss, and that they won’t be laid to rest properly,” she told him honestly. Under other circumstances, she would have offered to help bury them. As it stood though, they didn’t have the time. He seemed to also recognize that, though, for which she was thankful. She gave him a nod in response to his statement. “Indeed. We should be leaving soon if we don’t wish to have to fight them all,” she agreed.

If she’d been alone, or if he had a Black Demon Series Cursed Gear, she might have stayed to try to wipe them out, but as the situation was now, it was for the best that they move on. “Shall we?” she asked, gesturing toward the road. The quicker they moved, the more distance they could put between themselves and the city before the horde of Horsemen arrived. “Do you have any specific destination you’re heading for? Or are you just roaming the land in search of fun and excitement?” she asked, adding the latter part with an almost teasing smile.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:05 pm 

"Colonel Droskivitch was a brilliant man and an even better soldier. But as far as I've seen, today's wastelands require a certain breed of individuals to fight and win the battles that need to be fought. Mari might have been one of those, but she didn't have the courage. Marco just wasn't even a soldier, he was just an American who came to Europe for riches, an ambition many of his nationality have. one that he shared with some of your own countrymen before the collapse. I'm no soldier, but I am a survivor." Vasya said as he checked the belt of his newly acquired RPD. "As for where i'm going. I don't much care. I have ammunition to spare now, and as such am not as worried as I may have been a while before. But you should lead the way. You're clearly native to this land, and I am not."

"I will avenge my comrades one way or another. By eliminating those who started this, or to die trying." Then he chuckled. "That sounds so cliche, but then again that's only part of it. Life is an adventure, but this journey is just a more elaborate one with much risk involved. Despite all else, it's satisfying." Vasya then proceeded to pull back the charging handle of the RPD, chambering a fresh round and then tapping on his phone triggering faint russian hardbass to play from his backpack quiet enough that it wouldn't alert enemies of their position, but loud enough that you could still hear it as you witnessed Vasya's eyes shimmer and the faint shape of a grin forming under the neck gaitor covering the lower half of his face. "Lead on miss Aizawa."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:26 pm 

Junko listened as the young man spoke about his fallen comrades. Two were soldiers with their own strengths, but in the end, those strengths were not enough to overcome the shortcomings and shape them into the sort of soldiers that could survive, or even thrive in this new world. The third wasn’t a soldier at all, but an American who had ended up in Europe seeking riches. Lastly, he told her about himself, that he himself wasn’t a soldier, but a survivor.

She could understand that. After all, in the beginning, that was how she had been, before joining the army. Now, though, she wondered which one she was? Or maybe she was not one or the other, but both? Perhaps it didn’t matter, because either way, she was fighting the vampires and other monsters, and while in general they had some fundamental differences, they were not mutually exclusive.

She pushed these thoughts away as he told her he had no destination in mind and suggesting that she lead the way. She nodded to this, having no issue with his suggestion. After all, as he said, she was from Japan, so she knew the land better than he would. She didn’t have a particular destination in mind for herself, either to be honest, but she knew what was in the area, and she could easily guide them from place to place.

Vasya continued, telling her that he planned to avenge his comrades, or die trying, chuckling as he noted how cliché it sounded. She smiled lightly at this as he continued, explaining that this was only part of it, because life was an adventure and this journey was the same, if perhaps riskier and more elaborate. “Well, then it seems we have the same goal, if not the same motives,” she replied stretching her arms above her head as he put some faint music on.

She smiled lightly at the way he grinned with shimmering eyes as the music played. “Very well,” she added as she began to walk towards the opposite end of the city from where they had come in. She sensed that the Horsemen were continuing to move closer, but unless something changed, they should have plenty of time to make it out and put a little distance between themselves and the city before the monsters converged on it. Still, just to be safe, she didn’t dilly-dally, adopting a pace that was prompt but not hurried.

As they walked, she wondered if she should share something about herself, since he had done so. She wasn’t really sure what to share, though. She wasn’t really the best at sharing information about herself unless such was requested. Putting her hands behind her head, she interlaced her fingers and took on a relaxed posture, glancing over at him. “If there’s anything you want to know about me, feel free to ask,” she offered, unsure if he actually cared or not. “I don’t mind sharing, I just never really know what to share, and I don’t want to share a bunch of information you don’t care about,” she explained with a light smile before focusing her gaze back in front of her.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:50 pm 

"My curiousity is really only interested in your gear. Like where'd you get it, and how?" He asked as he walked over to an abandoned car (which still had it's glass intact), took the RPD he carried, and smashed the glass with the wood buttstock before opening the door. Oddly enough the car alarm didn't go off, which was shocking to say the least but at this point it didn't matter. Vasya came out with handful of candybars before he popped open the trunk and rummaged around in there for a couple of minutes and came up with some packaged and canned foods. Whatever else in terms of food that had been in the car had long ago rotted away. He continued to do this for the whole walk, choosing seemingly random cars or places and finding either food (which he shared), ammo (which he either stashed away in his bag or left it where it was depending on whether it was 7.62x39mm or not), or other odds and ends that he either left alone or just outright took.

Vasya seemed to have the luck of the devil when it came to finding loot, which was a valuable skill or advantage to have in situations like this. This continued for some time before it began to get dark, and he selected a building to stay in for the night. Bad news was, it was most certainly occupied judging by the spent shell casings all over the bottom floor, the blood splattered across the walls, pooled on the floor, and streaks from dragged bodies as well on the floor. "I would like you to stay here. It's obvious they have guns, and while your gear is effective against those creatures, you more likely to die if you're shot at. Those creature don't shoot back. Much." He stated before he began a low and slow walk through the building's rooms and floors.

Sporadic gunfire was soon heard, separated out by precise bursts of gunfire or singular shots of a particular pitch. This went on for several minutes before Vasya stuck his head out of an empty window. "It's all clear up here now! They had a pretty nicely settled campsite up here as well. I have a few who surrendered, but i'll figure out what to do with them later!"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:55 pm 

Of course, the one thing he was curious about would be the thing Junko was probably least interested in talking about. Not that she had any issues with discussing her weapon, but it was the where and how she had obtained it that she was less interested in discussing. She couldn’t blame him for asking, though. At any rate, she had told him he could ask, so she should at least give him an answer, even if she didn’t wish to discuss it in detail.

She looked his way as he proceeded to rummage through an abandoned car nearby. She didn’t immediately answer, instead considering what to share while he went through the car. “This weapon is a Cursed Gear of the Black Demon Series, containing a rank 1 demon,” she said, gesturing to the bow on her back. “Until recently, I was a part of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. More specifically, I was part of Moon Demon Company, which is an elite squad in the vampire extermination unit,” she explained, in case he didn’t know of their reputation, given that he wasn’t from Japan.

“As for the how, I was granted permission to challenge one of the Black Demons and I succeeded,” she explained without going into too much detail. For starters, she didn’t know how much he might already know about the weapons, and she also didn’t know how much he wanted to know. Not to mention that she had left the army behind for a reason, so she wanted too fond of discussing her time there anymore than was necessary. If he had further questions, he could ask.

After a while of Vasya looting various vehicles and other locations with some pretty astounding luck, it was beginning to get dark. It was best that they find somewhere to stay for the night, so when he picked out a place that looked decent enough, she agreed. The only issue was that it appeared to be occupied. She had no issues when he said he would like her to stay, because her weapon wouldn’t be as effective against those inside, especially if they decided to shoot at her. “Sure,” she had agreed with a brief nod before leaning against the outside of the building and keeping watch for any approaching enemies, whether they be human or monster.

She could tell when he had engaged those inside by the sound of sporadic gunfire. She remained where she was for several minutes until all the commotion inside seemed to have died down and Vasya stuck his head out a window and called out to her, telling her that it was all clear now, that they had a nicely settled campsite, and that he had some prisoners. “Alright, then. I’ll be up in a second,” she told him before doing one more quick visual sweep of the area and checking to make sure she didn’t sense any other enemies nearby before she went into the building.

She carefully walked through the building, making her way up to the floor where Vasya was. She looked around the area where they had set up their camp and nodded to herself. It was a pretty nice campsite indeed. When she reached Vasya, she looked at him and then looked around for those who had surrendered. “What are you doing with those who surrendered for now?” she asked, knowing he had said he’d decide what to do with them later, but also knowing that they had to do something with them in the interim as well, lest they try to attack or escape.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:39 pm 

"Eh, the tupyye zadnitsy are tied up for now in the corner. The most noise they'll be able to make will be whimpers, groans, and muffled speech. Besides, I really only have two options. I can kill them or let them go." Vasya replied, "Also, as for your weapon, it's pretty neat. I almost wish I had something like that. Almost. Did you get to choose the weapon type and it's particulars?" He asked this as he rummaged through what he would call the Scavs', short for Scavengers, bags and other loot. Most of the weapons were poorly cared for, the food was better, but only marginally so. but that was to be expected from the urban wasteland. Nothing stays good unless you really take good care of it. Which was a habit of Vasya's.

As if to prove that point, Vasya sat down and began to clean his weapons with meticulous care, inside, outside, and even went so far as to check the ammunition he had left or had collected along the way. He didn't want any malfunctions, since some can be fatal, or turn a perfectly good weapon into a piece of scrap metal, worth only it's weight as a club. He liked the Kalashnikov rifles for their reliability, but despite that, he didn't like taking risks with his weapons. After all, a poorly cared for weapon could very well be your worst nightmare in a firefight. If it malfunctions and is unfix-able on the battlefield, you're going to end up dead very soon unless you have the luck of the devil, or are the most slippery of bastards that has ever lived. Vasya liked to believe he was a combination of both, given how many bad situations he'd gotten in and out of with barely a scratch. Granted, he'd come out with a few significant scars from some of them, but what mattered was that he was still alive.

The point was, Vasya didn't like to rely on luck, and preferred to keep everythign down to his skill. But skill can't always compensate for the unexpected. And slipperiness can only get you so far, so he once he thought about it, he was glad to have someone watching his back, despite not knowing them well enough to fully trust them. Miss Aizawa however was an intriguing individual, and something about her, not just her weapon, piqued his interest. But he just didn't know what the hell it was.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:41 pm 

When Vasya explained that the prisoners were tied up in a corner and that they wouldn’t be able to make much noise, Junko nodded. He was right about his choices of what to do with them. There really were no other options other than to either kill them or release them. It seemed cruel to keep them alive only to kill them, but then again, if there was a chance that they might live and the alternative had been to kill them on the spot, then this was the preferable option.

She chuckled a little when he said he almost wished he had something like her weapon, before asking if she’d gotten to choose the type and particulars of the weapon. She considered his question for a moment before she answered. “The weapons are already forged, so it isn’t like you get to custom make them, if that’s what you mean. It isn’t as simple as making any other weapon,” she explained, “Including my weapon, there are only eight currently named.”

“If you request to challenge one and it is determined that you are a candidate, you do get to choose which weapon you wish to challenge. As such, I was able to choose the type of weapon I wanted in that sense,” she answered, pausing for a moment as she removed the weapon from her back and took a seat, resting it across her lap and staring down at it. “All that said, it’s probably best that your wish is an almost anyways,” she shrugged, leaving it at that rather than offering any explanation.

Candidates to use such weapons were rare, and all of them, herself included, had been subjected to experimentation at some point in their lifetime, whether they remembered it or not. It was even rarer that anyone succeeded in their challenge and obtained the weapon they desired. The death rate for those who chose to challenge a weapon of the Black Demon Series was exceptionally high. Even for those that survived, every day was a battle to remain in control, to remain themselves, to remain human.

They all wanted the power such a weapon granted, not just because the weapon itself was powerful, but because it increased your own power and physical abilities. Most rarely considered the cost of that power, though, and when faced with the power of the demon, their resolve crumbled. That said, it wasn’t as if she regretted her choice. She had resolved to do whatever she must to reach her goals, to defeat the vampires, and even if it was hard, she would never give up.

“As far are the prisoners go, unless there is a good reason to kill them, I would prefer to let them go,” she told him honestly as she watched him clean his weapon. “They are your prisoners, though, so I won’t tell you what to do with them,” she added as she provided her own weapon with a little care, although it required far less upkeep than a weapon such as his. After she had finished, she put it aside and looked at the food they had available.

“Are you hungry?” she asked, looking up at him briefly before she went back to looking through the items. She was a pretty good cook, so she didn’t mind whipping something up if he was hungry. Besides, she hadn’t eaten since early in the morning, so she was getting hungry herself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:02 am 

Vasya shrugged. "I could eat, and I'd eat anything. But i learned a lot about cooking during my childhood. My family were often out on business trips, so I usually had the family home to myself, and often had to cook or myself. But if you insist, i have some venison i vacuum sealed away about a month ago. It should still be good. I have some vodka as well if you'd like any." He said contemplating. Then he began digging in his ba and pulled out a pair of large venison steaks. Likely fourteen ounces or more in weight, before he pulled two bottles of vodka out as well. One he set on the ground, but as he was removing the other, he stopped with it in his hand deep in thought. He was wishing the vodka was chilled, and was thinking about how he could do so.

Suddenly the bottle's surface became covered with frost in a split second. "Что в мире? Святое дерьмо, сука!" he cried in shock, dropping the bottle back in his bag in surprise. Then he recovered and pulled the newly chilled bottle back out of his back. "Вот это, это интересно!" Then he cleared his throat and set the bottle to the side, zipping up his bag. "My apologies, I reverted to my native tongue in my surprise. Do know about any of this, being one of those who are compatible with demons and such?" He asked as he grabbed the sealed away steaks and tossed them to you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:17 am 

Junko nodded when Vasya said he could eat. As he continued to speak, she looked through the food that they had around. She looked up at him when he mentioned venison and vodka. “Sure,” she replied with another nod as she picked out a few things from their options that she thought would go well with venison. After placing her choices off to the side, she looked to him as he pulled out the second bottle and stared at it.

She quirked a brow when the bottle became covered in frost for a moment, feeling what felt like the presence of a demon for a brief moment, and with it she felt the demon within her stir, prompting her to place a hand over her face for a moment until the feeling subsided. She might have asked Vasya what that was, but based on his reaction, she gathered that he was even more surprised that she was. She had no idea what he had said, but she could guess from the context that he was probably cursing, or otherwise expressing his surprise. She looked at the bottle when he placed it off to the side, pursing her lips slightly.

“No need to apologize,” she told him, catching the steaks he tossed her way. She stared at them for a moment and then began to prepare to cook as she considered what had happened and the question he’d asked. “It’s hard to say what it was since it was so brief. It felt like a demonic presence, though,” she admitted, pausing her preparations, and looking at him. “None of your weapons are demonic,” she said thoughtfully.

“Are you sure you’ve never encountered a demon?” she asked curiously. She’d never known demons to appear randomly to humans without being summoned, but that didn’t necessarily mean it was impossible. Then again, if this was in fact the work of a demon, it was also possible that someone else summoned it, although, the why behind it was a mystery. Then again, she had only just met him, so he was a mystery in general.

“As far as the cooking goes, you are welcome to do it if you’re afraid of my cooking,” she teased with a light smile. “You were busy, and I wasn’t, so I just thought it made more sense for me to do it,” she shrugged. “I have experience cooking as well, so I promise it will be edible,” she chuckled a little as she resumed her preparations.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:50 am 

"Well, I can say I've been experiencing some changes after a strange series of dreams I've had a few months ago. They ended when I made a pact with whatever presence that I'd been having conversations with during them. But as far as I know they were just dreams. But I can list a few of the changes I've been experiencing. Most of it's been things like I've been able to move and react faster than before, and my eyesight and hearing, and my other senses have become sharper. I guess the whole frost thing is just another item to add to that list." He explained as he dug around in his bag and began loading fresh rounds into the fifty round drum he had been using before you and he met. He quickly became deep in thought, his hands loading the magazine on autopilot for several minutes.

One he was finished he slipped the drum back into it's pocket and took the non-chilled bottle of vodka. "I'm gonna test a theory, and see if i can replicate what I did before." He said and backed off a few extra meters just in case his attempt went completely wrong. For a few moments, nothing happened, and then his suspicions and precautions proved to be well thought. His entire right arm and hand became encased in half a centimeter of ice, including the bottle of vodka. "Чертова сука, сука блять!" He swore under his breath before he flexed his arm and hand, breaking the thin layering of ice and frost. The shards of ice clattered to the floor, sounding almost like glass.

He stood for a moment, brushing and pulling any excess ice off of his arm. "Well, now I know I can do that at will. Kind of neat actually, if i can figure out ow to control it, it'd be pretty useful for our situation. I could likely freeze-dry food so it lasts longer as well as for other applications. What do you think of it?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:26 pm 

Dreams? She quirked a brow as he continued, explaining that this series of supposed dreams had ended with him making a pact with some presence he had been speaking to in the dream. Since then, he’d experienced a few changes. “Yes, I noticed earlier that your senses seemed heightened. No normal human would have been able to sense the Horsemen from that distance, after all,” she replied, recalling earlier events.

“But just so I’m clear, you made a pact in what you thought was a dream, then experienced these changes in the real world, yet you still believed it to be a dream?” she wondered curiously. She guessed that without knowledge of demons, it was probably hard to explain, so perhaps that was why he didn’t think too much of it. Most people probably wouldn’t. After all, it wasn’t easy to come to terms with something like that.

When he went to work loading fresh rounds, she went to work preparing the meat and other items she’d found. She was just starting to cook the food when he took the second bottle of vodka ad told her he was going to test a theory and try to replicate what he’d done before. She nodded, grateful that he moved away, just in case. She continued to cook, but divided her attention, glancing up to watch him as he attempted to repeat what he’d done before.

It initially didn’t seem like anything was happening, but within a few moments, both his hand and the bottle were encased in a thin layer of ice. She shook her head and chuckled to herself when he seemed to once again curse in his native tongue. As he broke off the ice, she checked on the food, looking back up at him only when he’d spoken again.

She listened to his words in silence until he asked what she thought of it. She took a moment to consider how to answer. “I think it could be useful, and it is pretty cool,” she agreed, “But that said, you should be careful. Demons are dangerous and should be taken seriously. You should be mindful of yourself, your desires, and your emotions. If you lose your head, you might just lose yourself completely,” she explained, looking down at the cooking food instead of him.

“If the demon takes over, it’s rare that anyone comes back,” she explained with a soft voice. “I’ve lost enough friends and comrades that way…” her voice trailed off before she said anymore. She tried not to think about those whose lives she was forced to take before they wiped out even more of the people she cared about. Those weren’t memories she wished to relive. “Anyways, as long as you are careful, I could definitely see some uses for it,” she offered with a small smile, trying not to kill the mood.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:49 pm 

“This isn’t something I want to abuse. Honestly, it’s useful, but I don’t need it, and a small part of me doesn’t want it, while the rest doesn’t care either way.” Vasya stated, looking at his hand. “But the real question is, is really a demon doing this or something? You know more about this than I do.” he shook his head. "Despite the things that are going on, it is hard to believe. Not that i don’t, but to suddenly figure out you’ve got powers and whatnot, not exactly the easiest day to have.”

“Either way, we should move on tomorrow morning. Plus we should take watches when sleeping, I’ve been hearing gunshots and a bit of shouting to the northwest for at least three minutes now.” He said as he picked the RPD back up and checked how many rounds were on the belt. “I’m also hearing voices approaching from down the street. Maybe a kilometer or so out.” He listened further for a few moments before he spoke again. “Sounds like a squad of five or six. I’m hearing five definite voices, at least three male and two female, but I have a gut feeling there’s a sixth. Not certain, but I’ve learned to trust those feelings since this whole shitstorm began.”

He then gingerly peeked out the window and then back in. “darnit, I wish I had an SVD or a PSL-54, hell I’d settle for a Cheytac Intervention or something at this point, or even a Remington MSR or M2010.” He stated. “There looks to be three for sure, but I can’t tell for sure at this distance, the street’s too cluttered with cars and debris.” Then he growled. “I’m pretty sure they were carrying weapons, but at this distance I couldn’t identify them a couple may have been swords, and maybe another was a polearm or something, maybe a large axe or a halberd.”

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:33 am 

As she listened to his words and cooked the food, she could sense several people in the vicinity. She nodded to his words to indicate that she understood. There were a lot of people who would kill for the power of a demon, and those people might get angry hearing someone so casually say they didn’t need it, didn’t want it, or just didn’t care. Junko couldn’t even fathom making a pact with a demon without realizing it, but she could at least sympathize with the fact that if such a thing were to happen, it wouldn’t be easy to accept.

She listened to him as he spoke about those who were approaching, telling her how many there seemed to be before he peeked out the window to check and told her there were three for sure, noting that they seemed to be carrying weapons. Junko finished the food and put it to the side, putting out the heat source. “There are six,” she told him in a matter of fact manner, keeping her voice soft as she looked his way.

“They are from the Japanese Imperial Demon Army,” she explained, as she could feel not only the individuals, but also their cursed gears. None of them were Black Demon Series users, though. “They will always be in squads of at least five,” she told him, figuring it might be useful knowledge to share. “This far out, they will usually have more than five, just in case something was to happen to one of them.”

She stood up, picking up her bow as she did, and walked close to the window, where she could see out without revealing herself. She held the bow in front of her, as though she were going to fire, but she never pulled back the string. Much like previously, though, a small square that looked almost like a screen appeared in front of one of her eyes.

“You're right. Two swords: one long-sword and a katana. The others are... a halberd, a sickle, a gun, and the last one is… brass knuckles? Or something similar, at least,” she said before slowly stepping back from the window and lowered her bow. “We should avoid confronting them, if possible,” she told him. “They all carry Cursed Gears. They aren’t of the Black Demon Series, but they are still more powerful than your average human,” she explained as she moved back further, towards where they’d been sitting before.

“Besides, it wouldn’t be good if they found me. I did defect, after all,” she said with a faint sigh. “It might not be good for you, either, if they found out about the demon you apparently formed a pact with,” she frowned a little. “And yes, I do believe it is a demon. The presence felt demonic, and my own demon reacted to it, almost as if a threat were perceived and she was trying to protect me,” she explained frankly.

“I’m sorry. I know it’s sudden and probably hard to process and accept,” she spoke softly, not having meant to sound cold or unsympathetic. “Anyways. We should eat and then you can rest if you want. I can take the first watch,” she offered as she took a seat again and began to put the food onto plates, handing him one before she made her own.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:48 pm 

Vasya looked at you with a raised eyebrow behind his glasses. “If you can sense them, then they should be able to sense us. Not to mention, if what you say about my new abilities is true, then it’s likely that this demon I’m bonded to is extremely powerful, judging by what I can do, or may be able to do in the future. Is there anything I should know about this army?” he asked before he held his hand up and then peeked out. “They’re coming here. I can hear them discussing what seems to be a plan of approach. Should we fight them? They likely already know you’re here, but they likely don’t know I’m bonded with a demon, since it only seems to become active when I used my new ice abilities.”

Vasya growled as the JIDA members approached the building. His instincts screamed at him to attack. Instead he shouted at the incoming JIDA members. “Enter this building and you will be fired upon. We don’t want a fight, but I will not hesitate to cut you all down.” he called down to them as he leaned out of the window, the RPD in his arms trained in a sweeping motion across the whole group of six. “Be on your way without any hostilities and leave us be, we want no part in what you do.” He stated as his gunsight settled on the lead individual.

One of the soldiers stepped forward. The one with the gun, which came up and trained right on Vasya. “Are you fully prepared to follow up that threat?” They asked. Only to jump when Vasya shifted his aim and fired a shot that cut into the barrel of the soldier’s gun.

“That answer your question?” Vasya asked. “My aim is better than almost anyone left alive. And I can maintain a tight grouping on full auto if I so desire.”

“But can you fight in close quarters?” The katana wielder asked before the gun wielder’s weapon repaired itself. “Kill him.” The katana wielder ordered and the gun wielder opened fire. His shots didn’t even hit Vasya, who fired a short burst that cut him down with four rounds. Each round cut a swath of flesh from the gun wielder’s head. The gun wielder’s body crumpled to the ground, splattering the ground with blood. The other five watched their comrade fall in shock before they yelled in rage and dashed for the building as Vasya ducked back inside.

“I think I **** them off. But I’ll handle it, you can watch if you want, but I wouldn’t advise it.” He stated before he sprinted down the stairs to the levels below to meet the enemy head on. He got to the second floor just as the soldiers were clearing the first set of stairs. His opening burst cut into the halberd wielder and pushed him against the wall before he crumpled, blood splattered the wall as one of them shouted the halberd wielder’s name. Then the gauntlet wielder’s arm was clipped. Vasya used the remainder of the RPD’s belt before he dropped the gun and sprinted forward, unholstering his pistol in the process before he vaulted over the stairwell railing scooped up the halberd wielder’s weapon and landed on the gauntlet wielder, who he shot once in the chest and then once in the forehead, before he threw the halberd into the next person up, the longsword wielder, who let out a grunt of pain before he fell back, the halberd sticking out of their chest.

Vasya finished him off with a shot to the forehead before he slipped back the halberd shaft, holstering his pistol and unsheathing his knife as he slipped under a blow from the sickle wielder and slashed their stomach before he slipped up behind as they stumbled from the slash and drove his knife right through the back of their throat. “How’s that for close quarters dumbass. Never, ever push a position that could be fortified, or your enemy knows better than you.” He stated in the dying soldier’s ear before he removed the blade of his knife from their throat with a slick wet sound and then let the body fall.

“I honestly expected them to be more impressive. They rushed in to avenge their comrade without thinking of an appropriate method of approach. Not to mention they were not expecting me to just rush them and then lock them up into a choke point and then slaughter them.” Vasya stated when he sat back down, blood splattering his clothes. But the droplets of blood were frozen and falling off, leaving his clothes clean and seemingly untouched.