All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Real Monsters
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:07 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Junko shook her head when he suggested that if she could sense him, they should also be able to sense the two of them. When asked if they should fight them, she sighed a little. “They may not know I’m here. Not everyone has sensing abilities, and they vary greatly between those that do. Mine are different than most, so even if they have someone who can sense us, it’s unlikely they know who I am, or even that I carry this weapon,” she explained, picking up her weapon.

“There’s plenty you should know about the army, but whether you need to know it now is another question. They’re the primary force that fights back the vampire threat, but there are various levels of skill between the various groups. I’d say this group probably isn’t one of the stronger squads, otherwise they wouldn’t be here,” she explained. “As for whether we fight them… I still don’t think it is a good idea, but it may not be avoidable,” she answered honestly, gripping her weapon as she spoke.

It wasn’t like she didn’t think they could beat the group. In fact, she was quite certain that they could. Still, her goal was to kill vampires and other monsters, not humans. That wasn’t to say she wouldn’t kill humans, she had and she would when necessary, but she didn’t like carelessly taking lives if it could be avoided. Whether it could be avoided here, though, was another question entirely.

She sighed to herself when he began shouting at the soldiers who were approaching the building. She half hoped that they would be smart and turn away, but they did not. Instead, they confronted Vasya and, in the end, the fight she hoped to avoid was in motion. “I think that’s an understatement,” she replied with a soft sigh when Vasya suggested he thought he **** them off.

She didn’t bother following him, as she had no desire to watch him slaughter them. They weren’t her comrades, and she didn’t exactly feel guilt for their deaths when they carelessly rushed in like this, but she still had no interest in watching them die. Instead, she remained seated with her bow in her lap until he returned. She placed the bow off to the side and retrieved her plate of food.

“Well, they’re probably here instead of on the front lines for a reason. As I said, the skill level varies,” she replied, looking down at her food instead of him. “They probably underestimated you because you are a human. It’s stupid, and a total rookie mistake, but it happens. People get a taste of power and tend to think they are invincible,” she suggested, glancing up at him and shrugging.

“On that note... You’re too reckless, you know. Running off by yourself like that and leaving your backup behind... It worked out well enough this time, but that won’t always be the case, you know,” she spoke calmly, despite the fact that her words almost sounded like she was scolding him. “You’re strong, but even powerful people die,” she added, poking at her food. “Just… don’t die, and please don’t die because you were reckless and tried to do everything yourself, alright?” she asked, looking back at her food with a distant look in her eyes.

Her words might have seemed a little harsh, but she had good intentions behind them. She’d seen too many people end up hurt or worse acting as he did. No matter how powerful a person was, they were still human, and they still bled and died just like anyone else. She didn’t want to lose any more comrades. Even if they had only just met, she still cared enough to not want to watch him die, so her warnings came from those feelings.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:49 pm 

Allow me to make myself abundantly clear. I aim to misbehave.

Medals: 4
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

“The Element of surprise is a powerful thing. Not to mention, adaptability is also another hefty advantage. People who are reckless and cannot adapt to situations are the ones that have a difficult time surviving. I chose the place where I fought them. I’m not stupid, I may be reckless, but every slav is to some degree. Although, a lot of our dumbest tactics just work for the oddest of reasons.” Vasya explained as he took his venison and took his first bite. He muttered a bit under his breath in russian, coupled with a content sigh. “Nicely done. Anyway, the RPD’s belt is empty, so the weapon is pretty much useless now unless I were to find another belt for it, which is highly unlikely here is Japan, unless you know of a stockpile of 7.62x39mm ammunition somewhere.” He stated thoughtfully before he took another series of bites. Then he unholstered his pistol and ejected the chambered round as well as the magazine. He slid the round back into the magazine before setting both the pistol and the magazine to the side so he could finish his food. He’d top off the magazines rounds after he was finished eating.

“So, what’s the likelyhood the Japanese Imperial Demon Army will notice the squad doesn’t return, do you think? Not to mention what they may assume if they do realize it.” He asked after a time as he grabbed his backpack and pulled out some spare rounds to load back into his pistol’s magazine. He was finished within a few minutes before he grabbed his bottle of vodka and twisted off the top. It was still very cold, as indicated by the perspiration all over the bottle. When he took a gulp of the beverage and then sighed contently, his breath was actually fogged up when exhaled. “Hmph. Interesting.” He stated, making a note of it before he twisted the lid back on and looked at his three prisoners.

“Alright nuggets…” He stated as he pulled out his knife and walked over. Their eyes widened in fear as he tossed the knife up into the air and caught it by the grip. When he reached them however, he crouched down, leveling the blade under the nose of one of them. “If I let you guys go, do you promise to never tell anyone about myself or my companion?” All three of them nodded before he slashed the cheek of the one he crouched in front of, eliciting a cry of pain from them. "Are you sure?” The prisoners nodded again, whimpering. “Good, because if I find out you didn’t keep that promise, I will hunt you down and kill you. Am I clear?” He asked, and they nodded vigorously. Then he slashed right through their bindings and pointed to the stairwell with the knife blade. “Then get the hell out of here.” He ordered, and the prisoners stood up, scrambling to escape while removing their gags, lest Vasya changed his mind.

Vasya then came back and sat down, opening his vodka bottle back up and taking another gulp of it. “I don’t really feel like killing them, not after killing those army guys. Honestly, I could use some sleep. But it’s up to you if we move on or stay for the night.” He stated as the sky got darker.

"I let the wind and weather guide my hand through the endless skies. Grace is my style, stealth is my ally, speed is my closest friend, and agility my sword. But when wind and rhythm combine, I am an unstoppable force."

“Yet, I am alone, forever and always. Alone in my freedoms, alone in my desires, alone in my thirst for blood and violence, and alone in my anger, frustration, sadness, and depression. Happiness is a privilege I do not have, thus I wish to earn it, but how can I when all I am is disgraced and ignored by many?”

"I do not understand why I suffer so, why I cannot have my wish for inner peace, prosperity, and freedom granted? It is what I am due for my own suffering is it not? But nonetheless, I am alone."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:19 pm 

“I know that…” Junko murmured with a soft sigh. “Still… If we are going to be partners, companions, whatever… You should learn to rely on me a little more. That’s all,” she told him with a shrug. “Ranged fighting might be my specialty, but I’m not useless in close-quarters, you know,” she told him. She did also carry blades of her own. It would be foolish to travel alone if she were unable to fight in close quarters, too, after all. She finally smiled a little at his reaction to the Venison. “Thanks,” she replied, taking a bite of her own as she considered whether she knew of any stockpiles of ammunition.

“Well, I can’t say that I know of any with that specific ammunition. There are a few abandoned old military bases, outposts, caches, and the likes scattered around,” she replied thoughtfully. “Normal bullets are useless against a vampire, so the Japanese Imperial Demon Army probably didn’t waste time and resources trying to recover those types of things,” she explained. “Doesn’t mean they weren’t raided by scavengers and whatnot, though,” she told him before taking another bite of her food.

She considered his next question as she took another bite of her food. “Well, they may notice that the squad doesn’t return. It isn’t uncommon for that to happen, though. That is the reality of this world,” she said this as a fact, but there was a sadness hidden in her eyes that told that even though she accepted it, she wished that weren’t the case. “It is likely that they will assume that the squad made contact with some vampires and didn’t make it out,” she explained.

“If they were wielding Enchanted Gears, I doubt the army would investigate at all. But with them wielding Cursed Gears, they may investigate, if for no other reason than to attempt to retrieve their lost weapons,” she told him before taking another bite. “This place isn’t considered important, so it is outside of the main patrol areas. Those who patrol here patrol a large area, so they don’t swap out as frequently, which means that they probably won’t be identified as missing immediately.”

After finishing her food, she gathered up both of their dishes and eating utensils and began to clean up the area. She glanced up when grabbed the bottle of still-cold vodka and took a drink, his breath fogging when he exhaled. “Interesting indeed,” she agreed with a nod as she continued cleaning up and putting things away.

While he dealt with their prisoners, she finished putting things away and took a seat in time to watch him cut them free and them scurry off. She was admittedly a bit relieved that he had decided to set them free, and that they had been cooperative. There had been enough humans killed in this building for the day, she thought.

She smiled a little when he said he didn’t feel like killing them, especially after killing the army guys. “Hey, you don’t have to justify yourself to me,” she told him with a soft chuckle. “I wasn’t going to complain. I’m glad that’s what you chose,” she shrugged, taking out a bottle filled with water and taking a drink. “I think we should be fine for the night. It will likely be a little while before anyone notices they are missing, and longer before they send anyone to investigate,” she assured him.

“Besides, I doubt we’ll find a better place for a while. Best to rest while we can,” she said as she put the bottle away. “You can go ahead and get some sleep if you want. I can take the first watch,” she offered with a small smile as she stretched her arms above her head and moved them side to side to loosen up her muscles.

Last edited by Amara on Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:33 pm 

Vasya nodded before he set his pack against the wall, and taking his rifle in his arms, the stock resting over his shoulder, lay against it and removed his glasses. His eyes drifted closed and his breathing soon evened out. His mind remained dark for some time before a pair of glowing blue feline eyes lit up the darkness. “So, you’ve finally accepted our bond. Excellent. Unlike other demons of the likes your companion is familiar with, I’m much more mellow in temperament, but just as powerful, if not more so due to our unique bond.”

“What do you mean?” Vasya asked.

“Our bond allows me to be anchored in your body without possessing, which I don’t desire to do. Over time, we will merge into one. You and I will jump start this process through periods of training while you rest and sleep through training.” The voice spoke from the direction of the eyes before the darkness was swept away to reveal a gorgeous snow-covered forest of massive redwoods, sequoias, and varying other tree types, and revealed the other presence to be a massive white and blue winged snow leopard. “You seek adventure and a way to save mankind, maybe even find a way for the vampires and humans to coexist peacefully without subjugating each other. You want a world where demons have no need to be summoned, you want a more peaceful version of the old world.”

Vasya staggered back in shock of both the new environment and the demon’s appearance and revelations about his truest inner desires. “Y-yes.” He gulped, his amazement and shock outweighing the fear that had begun to creep into the back of his throat.

The Leopard nodded, it’s muzzle orienting into a smirk. “You and I are better matched than anyone may ever realize, and since I'm not one of those idiot demons who got themselves locked inside of weapons, always itching to take over their wielder, I do not have that desire. Compared to those demons I guess I could be considered an angel of sorts, since I do not thrive off of the same emotions they do. But I’m what the Japanese would call a Yakusoku no akuma. A Demon of Promise. On my own I am equal in power compared to those Black Series Demons, but our bond is strengthening us considerably over time, partially because we are matched so well. There is also another benefit for us, while you may enjoy this power, you do not need it in your eyes, which is also why I chose you, because you would use it to help, to heal, to save, not just to fight.”

Vasya began to smile. “You’re right. I’ve heard that the Japanese Imperial Demon Army isn’t quite as dedicated to saving humanity anymore. But what they have drifted away from is one of the goals I hold down deep. Just because I want to enjoy myself while I do doesn’t mean I don't care.” He stated as he stepped forward through the gathering snow and placed a hand on the leopard’s shoulder, which was even with his own. “Now that I have this power, what can I do with it?”

The Leopard moved their head down and licked Vasya's forehead before speaking. “Because I am not limited to a weapon, the possibilities could be nearly endless. But one of the biggest abilities you’ll have will be shapeshifting. Mostly into my current form, if a bit smaller, and one other for when more aerial agility is needed. The last I will show you another time. However, I want to focus on your more elemental based abilities first. You’ve already discovered our talents with ice, but you are also capable of using water, lightning, and wind. These are the elements you have the most affinity for due to either your past, the country you grew up in, and other factors that were my own additions.”

Vasya smiled and held up his right hand as he covered the whole arm with a thin layer of ice that shifted and clinked quietly as he moved his arm. “You mean this ice?” He asked.

The demon nodded in reply. “Now let’s see what you can do with it, let loose, you don’t have to worry about hurting yourself or anyone else here.”

Vasya nodded as he lifted his arms up, thick waves of vapor pouring off of his hands as they came up. “Приливная полка!” He shouted as he brought his hands crashing down into the snow. As soon as they were buried in the snow and hit solid ground, spikes of ice erupted from the snow and barreled through the forest, smashing trees to smithereens for over a kilometer of distance and half a kilometer wide. Vasya stood up with a look of shock on his face. “I can do this in the real world?” he asked.

“Yes, but you’d likely pass out for over twenty-four hours from the effort. Here you can experiment and train without actually exerting yourself, after all you are still growing into your newfound power, and your body is still getting used to it’s enhancements, as well as building new energy reserves.” The demon explained as the damage disappeared.

Vasya was amazed, and frankly he wanted to learn more. “Is there any way I can make full body shields that are stronger than steel or even titanium?” He asked, and so Vasya and the demon’s discussions and experimentation continued as Vasya slept before he shook himself to take the next watch. He groaned as he sat up and pushed himself up with his left hand pushing up off the ground.

"I let the wind and weather guide my hand through the endless skies. Grace is my style, stealth is my ally, speed is my closest friend, and agility my sword. But when wind and rhythm combine, I am an unstoppable force."

“Yet, I am alone, forever and always. Alone in my freedoms, alone in my desires, alone in my thirst for blood and violence, and alone in my anger, frustration, sadness, and depression. Happiness is a privilege I do not have, thus I wish to earn it, but how can I when all I am is disgraced and ignored by many?”

"I do not understand why I suffer so, why I cannot have my wish for inner peace, prosperity, and freedom granted? It is what I am due for my own suffering is it not? But nonetheless, I am alone."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:02 pm 

Once Vasya had agreed to sleep, Junko had finished her stretching and moved to set up a perch for herself near the window, close enough to be able to easily get a good view of their surroundings, but far enough away that she would not be immediately visible if someone were to pass by. Of course, if someone were to come by, she would sense them long before she saw them, or they saw her, as it were. Still, it was better to be safe than sorry. She’d never met anyone with an ability that let them mask their presence well enough to hide from her sensing abilities, but that didn’t mean that such an ability or such a person did not exist somewhere in this world, so she wouldn’t take any chances.

She spent most of the next few hours watching out the window, seeing the occasional monster or animal pass by, but seeing nothing truly noteworthy. Periodically, she checked on Vasya, who slept somewhere behind her. He had fallen asleep pretty quickly, and his breathing had soon been slow and even, but at some point, his sleep seemed somehow more restless than before. He wasn’t talking in his sleep, or flailing about, but every now and then he would twitch, move, make a slight facial expression, or his breathing pattern would change.

She wondered if he was having a nightmare, or if perhaps after everything that had happened since they’d met, he had perhaps finally met with this mysterious demon? Either way, she had no way of knowing which, if either of these was actually happening, so she didn’t dwell on it long. She simply went back to her watch, until the next time she checked on him. This went on for a while, until he eventually shook himself awake, drawing her attention to him once again when he groaned as he sat up.

“Good morning, sunshine,” she looked back at him with a hint of a smile. “Well, sort of, anyway,” she shrugged. “Have an eventful sleep?” she asked as she checked the surrounding once more before she stood and took a step away from the window before stretching. “I think your sleep was probably more exciting than my watch. Nothing particularly interesting happened, thankfully,” she reported as she finished her stretching.

She remained near the window, periodically looking out while continuing to keep her sense open as she gave him time to wake up before he took over for her. “My turn?” she asked when he seemed to be awake, alert, and ready to take over. Picking up her bow, she moved over close to where he had been sleeping and placed her pack against the wall, setting her bow next to it as she sat down and laid back again the pack. “Wake me if you need me,” she told him before closing her eyes and willing herself to sleep.

It wasn’t long before she drifted off to sleep, her own breathing becoming slow and even. Sooner after falling asleep, she found herself in a dream where she was floating among the clouds, and before her, a figure sat atop a throne-like seat. The figure appeared as a female, perhaps not much older than Junko, with an appearance far too angelic for a demon.

Her long blonde hair was nearly as long as she was tall, with a feathery crown of sorts wrapping around the back of her head, from one side of her face to the other. She sported three pairs of white feathery wings, and even her clothes, a white feather dress with white gloves, long white stockings, white boots, and white feathery cloak all furthered this angelic appearance. Or at least they would have, if their revealing nature, her sensual pose, and the air around her didn’t lend themselves more to her demonic nature.

“Ah, Jun, you’ve come to see me. It’s been a while,” said a light, almost sing-song voice. “Well, I don’t think it’s as much that I came to see you as it is that you decided to appear in my dreams, but you are right, it has been a while, hasn’t it?” Junko replied in a soft but matter-of-fact manner. The woman who sat on the throne puffed out her cheeks, almost as if she were pouting, before floating over to Junko, moving behind her, and wrapping her apparently delicate arms around Junko’s more toned shoulders.

“Of course, it’s been a while! You never come to see me anymore,” the light voice pointed out with a pouty tone. “You used to come see me all the time.”

Junko chuckled softly, rubbing at her cheek with her fingertip in an embarrassed manner. “Well, I have been pretty busy, you know. And it isn’t often I get the chance to sleep deeply enough to dream nowadays,” she retorted with a soft sigh.

“I know. You really need to take better care of yourself, you know. It would be a pain if I had to train up a new host,” the other woman chided with a gentle huff, as if such an idea was unacceptable.

“Right. Of course. I will try to be more mindful. I’m sleeping now, aren’t I?” Junko reminded her. “At any rate, did you pop into my dreams for a reason, Airi, or did you just miss me that much?” she asked with a teasing smile.

“Mmmm…” Airi puffed out her cheeks again. “Of course, I had a reason!” she insisted, releasing Junko and moving in front of her, floating an inch or so off the ground rather than standing. “That boy, and the demon inside of him…” her soft features took on a more solemn expression as she paused.

Junko tilted her head slightly as she watched the demon before her. “Hmm? Vasya? What about him?” she asked curiously. “And on that note, do you know anything about that demon?”

“Well, I can’t say for sure at this point, but when the boy used his power, it felt… familiar somehow,” Airi explained, sighing softly. “Anyways, just be careful and don’t put too much trust in him for now, okay? I can’t have you getting yourself hurt, or killed,” she warned before pausing for a moment. “And don’t you even think about romance!” she added, leaning forward so that her face was close to Junko’s as she narrowed her eyes in warning.

“Eh?” Junko stared at her with a blank expression for a moment before flicking the demon in the forehead. “Obviously, I hadn’t thought about that. Romance is the last thing on my mind right now. Quit your worrying,” she waved a hand dismissively and watched as the demon pouted and rubbed her forehead. “Besides, I hardly see how my love life, or lack thereof, has anything to do with you,” she quirked a brow curiously before shrugging. “Well, anyway, I am always careful, and I have no intention of dying anytime soon,” she assured the demon.

“Be that as it may, you and I both know that you are too trusting for your own good sometimes. You are too optimistic, and you want to see the best in others, even if there isn’t much good to see. You’re clever and you have good instincts about people, both of which serve you well, but your desire to find the good will blind you from even your own better judgment if you let it,” Airi warned, sighing softly. “Honestly. You would do well to learn to be a little more skeptical of people. Or have you already forgotten what happened the last time you put your trust in people?”

Junko clicked her tongue and looked away, shaking her head. “Of course, I haven’t forgotten. I’ll never forget. I just…” she paused, sighing softly. “I don’t want to believe that everyone in this world is like them…” she muttered softly to herself. “Anyways, I’ll be careful, alright?” she assured her. “Is there anything else you need?” she asked, looking back at the demon.

“Eh? Trying to leave already? But you just got here!” Airi leaned close to her again, pouting a little as she did. “There is something else I need, as a matter of fact,” she nodded with a mischievous smile before grabbing Junko’s hand and pulling her over to the throne, where she gave her a gentle push, causing her to fall back into the seat. “I need you to stay and keep me company for a little while longer. I get lonely in here all by myself, you know,” she told her with an innocent smile that stood in contrast to the sultry tone in her voice and the seductive manner in which she leaned over Junko’s lap.

Junko was surprised when the demon took her hand, but she didn’t resist as she was pulled along towards the throne, or even when she was gently pushed into the chair. She blinked in surprise as she watched Airi lean over her seductively, looking as though she were about to climb into her lap. “Huh?” she blinked again before shaking her head. “Fine, I’ll stay, but only if you quit acting so… weird,” she told the demon, poking her in her head as if it would snap her out of whatever this was.

Airi pouted just a little before shrugging. “Oh, alright,” she answered in a sing-song manner as she plopped herself down next to Junko. “Let’s chat, then!” she said in a light but chipper voice. The two did just that, chatting, and perhaps training a little, until it was finally time for Junko to wake up.

After several hours has passed, Junko’s eyelids fluttered open and she blinked for a few moments, rubbing the sleep from her eyes before she sat up. Reaching her arms above her head, she stretched a bit, yawning softly before looking around to find her companion.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:11 pm 

Vasya had long since taken up a position in one of the windows, practically lounging on the windowsill with a pair of headphones over his ears and his rifle in his arms. He lay with one leg outstretched and the other bent, his eyes scanning the streets below, occasionally peeking out and behind him so he could view the rest of the street. It’d been two hours since he’d assumed this position, since he’d previously been squatting on the windowsill. It’d been fairly peaceful during his watch except for a bunch of scavs that attempted to attack a small group of civilians, Which didn’t end well for the scavs, since Vasya had brought up his rifle and dropped them like bowling pins.

The suppressed shots surprisingly hadn’t woken you up, but had made you stir a bit. But by now Vasya was watching a group of white-clad figures walk down the street from the way he and yourself had come. Which was the direct opposite of the direction the soldiers from the Japanese Imperial Demon Army had come from. Upon spotting them he gently placed his rifle onto his chest and took off his headphones, pressing a button on the side that stopped the music’s playback. He then watched with deep curiosity as the figures advanced up the street. They stopped when they fell upon the body of the soldier of the Imperial Demon Army that Vasya had killed many hours before. They seemed to examine the wounds with surprise.

The vampires discussed amongst themselves, and Vasya could hear what they spoke of. To summarize, they discussed that firearms weren’t something often seen now, much less humans killed by them, as they were a human weapon. But… Obviously it’d happened, and facing a cursed gear nonetheless. Now they were confident they could defeat the individual that had been the one to kill the human, but then they caught the scent of additional blood and death from the building Vasya was watching from, as well as the scent of spent gunpowder. Freshly spent in fact. They looked up and instantly spotted Vasya in the window, watching them.

The vampires’ eyes went wide and they stepped back a few steps in shock. Vasya waved to them with a smile and a nod, not aiming his weapon at them or even moving outside of the wave. This placed confusion on the vampire’s faces. The individual before them was clearly human, but seemed to have no fear of them with his nonchalant behavior as he sat in the window of the building. Then the more confident of the three vampires stepped forward. “Livestock! What are you doing?”

“Keeping watch."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:16 pm 

Only a couple of moments had passed since she’d awakened when Junko sensed the presence of vampires. Frowning, she reached for her cursed gear as her eyes flit to the window where Vasya sat with his rifle on his chest. She sighed a little when he waved, presumably at the vampires, with a smile on his face. “Honestly,” she muttered to herself as she sat up, the cursed gear now in hand. “But I’m the one who needs to be more on guard,” she muttered the joke quietly to herself, recalling Airi’s warning about being more skeptical of people.

From outside, she could hear one of the three vampires address him, asking what he was doing, only to be given the most obvious and least interesting answer possible. Standing, she strode quietly across the room, out of the view of the window, and leaned on the wall where she would be visible to Vasya while remaining out of sight of the vampires. Luckily, none of them seemed to be absurdly powerful, but even so, they were still vampires, so their power was nothing to sneeze at, and avoiding a direct confrontation would probably be preferable.

Is that so? And what exactly are you watching for? You don’t really think that livestock such as yourself would stand a chance against us, do you?” the melodic voice of a second vampire chimed in, stepping ahead of the first vampire who seemed a bit annoyed by the insolent response he had received from the human. “How amusing,” she added with a clearly amused smirk.

Uh, no, it isn’t,” insisted the first vampire. “Annoying, yes. Amusing, no,” he corrected her, glancing up at the human and then back to the female vampire.

You’re both being ridiculous,” a third voice could be heard chiding the other two with a deadpan tone. “Besides, if he’s keeping watch, that means he’s probably not alone,” the younger appearing male pointed out.

Hmm?” the female vampire looked back at him before turning her gaze to the building and pausing for a moment, appearing to listen closely, until she was able to make out two distinct heartbeats. “Yes, it seems you are correct. There is another human with him,” she concurred, although that was about all she could tell at this point.

So, what’s the plan?” the first vampire asked, looking between the other two who did not immediately respond, their eyes focused on the window, as if waiting to see how the humans would react, and whether they would make a move. They had just had their fill of blood, so it wasn’t as though they needed to eat, although they wouldn’t turn down an easy opportunity for a nice, easy drink.

On the other hand, though, they knew nothing about the humans within the building, and something about the fact that neither seemed to have any obvious fear of them didn’t sit well. Was it worth the risk?

Inside the building, Junko was still leaning against the wall, one foot propped up on the wall as she leaned her head back and tilted it to look Vasya’s way as if to silently ask what he planned to do. It didn’t seem like the vampires—an odd bunch, to be sure—had any immediate plans to attack, so if they played their cards right, they may be able to avoid a confrontation. Of course, one of the three seemed like a bit of a loose cannon, so one wrong move might be enough to set them off.

But then, would that be such a bad thing? After all, she had a particular hatred of vampires, so letting them go wasn’t exactly the easiest thing for her to do. If they gave her a reason to, she would gladly cut them down. That said, she wouldn’t allow her personal feelings to jeopardize either of their safety, so unless the vampires made a move, she would remain here and keep herself calm and collected.