All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scarlet City Heroes OOC
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:27 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

The new OOC thread for the previously 1X1 superhero RP between Chemical Lady and myself. We'll be posting our Character sheets here.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:29 am 

Alias: Garryowen and The Black Bullet
Appearance:
Casey is six foot even, has black hair, blue eyes and white skin. He has a Muscular build and much of his body has alien cybernetics which enhance him in most areas.

Powers/Abilities: Casey is cybernetically enhanced to be stronger faster and extremely precise. He wields his custom weapons with expertise. His reaction time is about one hundred times faster than a normal person and has the accuracy to hit shots that are often considered impossible. He has a bunch of custom gadgets and weapons he built himself in a shack near a coal mine. He is also pretty good at riding horses but given that he can run faster and longer than a horse it is kinda pointless. He is an expert in hand to hand combat being able to fight of numerous attackers even before he was cybernetically enhanced.

His weapons include two single action revolvers which shoot plasma bolts from six cartridges similar in size to a .44 magnum. He has a Henry repeater rifle which he has altered to fire the same cartridges as his revolvers and carries eleven rounds in the tube and one in the chamber. His rifle has four modes; Beam which is a long range extreme penetration shot for fighting armored targets, Automatic for close combat, Semi-automatic for long range engagements against soft targets such as people and of course safe. Each cartridge has about one hundred shots but the beam mode for his rifle uses the equivalent of ten. He has a variety of grenades which range in purpose anywhere from, less than lethal, Anti-personnel, Anti-tank, incendiary and EMP.

His bandolier has fifty plasma cartridges for his weapons and also a large hunting knife. His belt has two holsters one for each of his pistols. He has been steadily adding gadgets such as grappling hooks among other things to his person for any situation he might find himself in. He keeps anywhere between three to seven of his grenades on his belt or in his pockets.

His primary mode of transportation is by Steam Locomotive which is not just any steam locomotive but a streamlined flying 4-6-4 Hudson class nuclear fission powered beast. It is capable of supersonic speeds and can achieve incredible altitudes. Casey constantly works on improving his locomotive and hopes to be able to use it to make interplanetary trips. The cab of the locomotive also has a large amount of extra supplies in case Casey runs out. He keeps a third pistol under the engineer's seat. He can also call his locomotive to anywhere in the world if he gets separated from it.

Brief History: I will type out the history later. I lost about 500 words last week and haven't wanted to type it all out again.

TLDR: Kentucky Kid joins US Army, Kicks ass special forces style. He Explodes losing limbs. Is a hermit in a coal mine when an alien AI merges with him allowing him to do so much more than limp around in self pity.

Last edited by Zapy97 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:11 pm 

looking for active people

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)

Name: Kenji (Ken) Ishikawa
Appearance:
Power/speciality: can “walk” through shadows, as long as he has been to a certain place before he can use shadows as a “portal” to get to that place again. This happens instantly.
Can form simple objects (like balls or spears) from shadows and throw them at enemies. Those objects can not be destroyed but will dissolve by themselves after a little bit of time.
He is training to be able to do more.
Personality: thinks logically, strategic mind, tries to keep his personal life a secret, he knows that people will think he is evil based on his power so he has a hard time opening op to others, can be vengeful.
Short history: in a world where aliens exist, people get powers when being bitten from radioactive animals (or rabies), people get powers from weird accidents or just from genetic mutations, there are all kinds of reasons why people do what they do. Some decide to use their special power for the good of all, some only for their own gain regardless of who suffers, some decide to hide, others just want to live a normal life. In this specific case, there was a weird accident when he visited the cern reactor with his family a few years ago. A “Wave” came out and hit all the visitors at that time. Not everyone got powers and those that did, got them based on the situation they were in at that moment. This unlucky guy had been locked into a dark closet by his sister. His family apparently didn’t get any powers. At first he kept them a secret, but then he started to train in secret. He hides his face with his black hoodie when using his power in public. Lately his figure has been seen at crime scenes and has been dubbed: murderous shadow.

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

here is my Resume<-do read it for better understanding

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:40 pm 

Alias: None
Appearance: Kira has pale, white skin, platinum blonde hair and light blue eyes. She is 1.57m/5’1’’ tall and is of average weight and not very athletic but quite good looking.

Powers: Kira is able to produce explosive discharges from her body. Her power requires tremendous concentration to activate and it is very difficult to control the strength of each blast. Physical pain or distress often triggers her power unexpectedly. Her power can be focused in one area of her body which can serve to aim the blast, however she cannot consistently perform this. Each discharge delivers an amount of recoil. If the blast is more powerful it damages Kira more. When she uses her powers her hair, eyes and sometimes skin colour changes. Due to her lack of interest in any kind of formal training, she lacks much of the knowledge to advance her powers.

Bio: As a child Kira was frequently bullied in school for her hair colour, apparent lack of power and her shyness. This culminated with her being trapped in a classroom with a group of physically abusive bullies. Her power was triggered unexpectedly and several of them were crippled. This incident, coupled with the untimely loss of both her parents in an accident, sent her into a period of crippling guilt and depression, which led to her never enrolling in training for her powers. After this she started living with her older brother who did his best to look after her and keep her out of trouble.

I'll add more if I think it's worthwhile.

Last edited by Septum on Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:25 pm 

wanna have Kenji kidnapped as well? could be a good opportunity to have all character come into contact with eachother?

Reply time: max. 1-2 weeks. Please send me a reminder (pm, ping, chatroom) if my reply is overdue ^^

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:54 pm 

I wouldn't want Kenji kidnapped just because I was going to reveal Larry Thorne as an FBI agent using Casey. I would prefer to see Kenji react to like local news saying Casey is in town just because he is kinda a celebrity.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:31 am 

sure let's do that

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:55 pm 

Some images of what the Black Bullet and what Casey's apparel look like without the cybernetics. Not sure how to integrate it into my post.

Attachments:
commodore hudson.jpg
commodore hudson.jpg [ 7.32 KiB | Viewed 23492 times ]
Hudson train.jpg
Hudson train.jpg [ 84.96 KiB | Viewed 23492 times ]
Dark tower.jpg
Dark tower.jpg [ 7.28 KiB | Viewed 23492 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:05 pm 

Name: Unit 419 test-beta

Power / specialty: robotic body, high stamina, hidden weapons, military / police prototype.

History: currently at iteration 419 all other robots prototypes have failed, reasons different every time, some being related to power problems other AI core related, and some even having hydraulic issues or overheating. The Institute incharge of the project is Jack Steiner Robotics LLC. specializing in robotic limbs and artificial organ research, this is the first time they are attempting to dive into a full robotic being, complete with a mind of its own, programming allowed of course. Lead scientist is DR. Dominic Brakmen, brother of the famed AI and Neuroscience Research DR. Gustov Brakmen. His main goal with the project is to allow the police force to have a second option when dealing with lethal scenarios, and to have bragging rights over his brother for beating him to actual AI.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:45 pm 

I am sorry to say that this cs looks like it is meant for an entirely different rp, it doesn't seem to fit the world that we created, would you be alright with adjusting it to the rp world or choosing a different character?

also I would appreciate it if you guys don't turn this into a 1x1 between you two, I know I am not being a quick poster, if it is like this then I am feeling left out

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:05 pm 

congrats on your birthday Septum (it's on the front page)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:59 pm 

attempt number 2, maybe this one will fit better since I never took part in a super hero type RP I suck at making new people but I am good at adapting. hoping this makes the cut.

Name: Dominic Maddox

Power / specialty: Scientist, nanite armor.

History: Dominic Maddox since a young teen had encounters with powered bully’s in school. As he grew up and graduated college, he learned to respect powered people as he saw on the news how powerful they can get, and how helpful they can be in the eye of the public. He even married one, his high school sweetheart who, during a work accident become a super. But recently had another bad encounter with a powered person gone rouge. The event shortly before he came home. He pulled into the driveway from work as he saw a powered person fly off from his backyard, when e entered the house he found his wife and children murdered. Now with tech scraps from big science and medical corps and stollen blueprint from his ex-employer he designs a suit of armor that connects with the user that helps him with his problem of not being a super. Giving him super strength and protecting him from both the elements and from certain weapons and abilities, but not for long. With it he uses it to hunt the bad supers and tries to stay off law enforcement radar as well of the super agents radar. He just wants to find the man responsible for his family's death.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:46 pm 

My post goes until early morning the next day, so you can skip me until you are all also at that point in time
Just give me a heads up so that I will know that I have to jump in again

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:27 am 

The fight is over and Time will resume its normal course. Also I wanna make Casey take some time to recover given how grievously wounded he has been. I will put down an SCI dossier on Mongrel at some point. I don't intend to RP with her much but she will come in every now and again like donutman.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:26 pm 

I posted up to the following morning.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:55 pm 

Sorry for not posting for a while. I will make a post tomorrow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:53 pm 

I know it took me a while to post but I got around to it haha.

Anyway would you be interested in skipping forward in time a bit soon? After the two battles and immediate plots are concluded we could push the story forward a bit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:31 pm 

Please skip me this round, I’ll post again in the next one ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:27 am 

SHE'S DEAD!

Blog: View Blog (1)

I've been binge reading this and I love the idea. Weird time and place to ask but if you all go ahead with a time skip would you mind me joining in?

Enviado desde mi LG-H932 mediante Tapatalk

-Claiming souls for my father's land
-Preparing for war is my father's plan
-Revealing desires; dirty and unique
-Committing horrors mortals can't speak
-Ire to the man with a life full of hatred
-Blood from your veins, what you held most sacred.

-Sustain. Empower what you find unholy.
-Bleed. Feed who really needs you wholly.
-Salvation turned her back,
~Even when I sought her
- But Life is my wife and Death is her daughter
- Time goes by but I never grow old
- Happily,
-I watch your Skin. Turn. To Mold.
- Every time around another fleeting time of pleasure
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"
- but then you die, life fallen like a tiny feather
- just a bout of rain from a bad day of weather.
- Every time I feed I concede to my need............ -Unfinished

~Son of the Beast and the Leech

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:54 pm 

I have no problem with you joining. Checmical Lady and Zapy made this originally so it's up to them.