All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:51 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Scott was elated! Today he was going to get his very own pet! He drove up to the pet store and went to the Border Collie behind the counter. Her name tag read "Hi, I'm Stacie"

He looked around the store, but he didn't see anything that stood out as a good pet. He didn't want just another mouth to feed. That was why he had a problem with just picking any old animal. Stacie walked over. "Can I help you find anything, sir? Are you looking for anything in particular today?"

Scott nodded and explained his issue, ending with, "I want a pet that feels like a member of the family, y' know?"

Stacie looked around and leaned in as though trying to keep a secret, "We do have a new kind of special one-of-a-kind pets available. They are a lot of responsibility, but if you really want a unique pet, follow me, it's in the back!"

Scott's curiosity was immediately piqued. He followed her to the back, where a single cage about half his height was waiting. In it?

A high schooler. And it looked female, though it seemed to be wearing some sort of covering so he couldn't tell. "So is it male or female?" Scott asked. Stacie sighed, "Unofficially I'd say female, though every time we get close to these things, they seem to think we're trying to kill them, so I haven't been able to check."

Scott slowly reached out his paw at the young woman, and pat her head. "There there... It's okay... I won't hurt you!" he coaxed.

@LadySonia

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:32 pm 

Azzie was working on homework and had accidentally fallen asleep at her desk. She had been working hard in school to make sure she had good grades so she could get into college. She wanted to be a veterinarian, she had known that since she was little.

But for some reason, when she woke up, she wasn't in her room. It was dark, and. Her movements were restricted, and with the restriction, panic started to set in. She struggled against the bars for a while until she tired herself out. She didn't know where she was, and she didn't know what was going on. She was scared. "Wake up. Wake up. Wake up." She would tell herself, curled up in a ball in the place she figured out was a cage. She still had her clothes on thankfully, her pajama shorts and tank top.

Azzie was laying down when she saw the light from an open door creep in. In walked two creatures that looked to be like dogs, but they were walking. It seemed like they were speaking to each other. 'Now I know I'm dreaming.' When the one that looked like a male came over to her and pat her head, she didn't mind it as much. "P... Please... Where am I?" She would try asking him.[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200607/4ca7018016719272bc97cdd16bee5db9.jpg[/img]

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:51 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott took a moment to stop and turn to the Border Collie, who shrugged, "We can't figure out what language they are using... seems to differ between each one that shows up."

Scott's initial reaction would have been "Must be pet talk." but when he heard her say 'shows up', he asked, "Shows up? where? and why don't I see others?"

Stacie sighed, "Most of the time they are passed out when we find them. They all have the same basic reaction. Survival. The last one that I sold was to a lion... poor thing nearly died when the guy took him home. I got a call a week ago from the owner saying that his human—that's what we decided to call them—is much more friendly than a normal pet and doesn't seem to operate on instinct at all. He further suggested that the kid was using logic and reason. Hell, he even said that the human recognized the chessboard in his house. So like you wanted, not just another mouth to feed. It seems that wherever they started coming from... they are not as helpless as I thought they were when I found the first ones."

Scott shifted his gaze to the human in her cage. "She seems nice. How much?"

"With or without the pet owner's package?" Stacie asked. She went on to explain what they knew of the diet of these new creatures, and what he should do to help her feel more at home.

"I'll take i-her!" his tail wagged out of the hole in his shorts and he slowly opened the cage door, holding a massive paw out to the girl. "Come on! let's go home..." he tried to calm her down. As he held his hand out, he waited to see if she would accept his hand or reject him.

First impressions were important after all!

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:03 pm 

Azzie looked between the two dog people as they spoke to each other. She had heard of these types of creatures before, but they weren't real. They were characters people could make in drawings. It was strange to see that they were actually standing in front of her.

The cage opened, and her first instinct was to run. But this man... Or dog, seemed nice. And maybe if she could learn how to communicate with them, she could figure out a way to get home. She hesitantly reached out her hand and took his. It was so much bigger than hers, and it was soft. She looked up at the two dogs, her facial features more noticeable in the light. She still wasn't too sure what was going on, but she needed to focus on finding a way home.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:25 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott smiled wide and lead her to his car. Only once outside would she realize her current situation. Dozens of bipedal feline and canine creatures, all walking and speaking to one another, went about their daily business. Initially, Stacie had offered Scott a pet collar, but when he saw her reaction, he declined rather rapidly.

"That's right... you need a name, don't you?" he said as he picked her up and placed her in the passenger seat, the MASSIVE seatbelt covering from her hip to her midriff. Driving down the road, he tried thinking of a name... but he didn't want to just call out anything! If they were indeed creatures that operated on logic and not instinct, he couldn't give her a name she was not okay with...

"I can't ask you either can I... I don't even know if you can understand m-duh..."

He turned to her and asked, very slowly, as if it was going to help, "Do you understand me?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:37 pm 

Azzie was surprised with what she had seen all around her. She wanted to believe that she be as dreaming, but the more she saw, the more she believed that this was actually happening. Everything and everyone was so much bigger than she was. And when he picked her up and placed her into the passenger seat, she couldn't help but notice that she weighed nothing to him. She then felt grateful that he seemed nice, or this could've gotten bad.

When he tried to speaking to her, she would raise an eyebrow. All she heard was barking. When he started barking slowly, she thought he was trying to make her understand. She would raise an eyebrow and slowly shake her head, trying to let him know that she couldn't understand him. With what had happened previously in the pet shop, she knew he wouldn't be able to understand her either.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:55 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott sighed, "So she knows the gist of what I ask, but she can't understand? I need to figure something out..." he pulled up to the house and parked the car, then helped her out of her side of the car, as she would have had to jump down to the ground if she were to get out by herself. Opening the front door, he went over to the (once again, MASSIVE) 100-inch TV, and turned it on.

Finding something out of pure luck where there were other humans on the screen, he looked to see if he could... wait a sec!

Hurriedly going to the settings on his TV, he turned on subtitles and flipped it to "Human."

Damn it. He could read what they were SUPPOSED to be saying, that was true, but how was he supposed to know if the translation was accurate or if it was completely wrong...

As he was about to turn it off, he remembered something and he ran into the other room, coming back with a crayon(slightly less weight than a pen would have been at it's size) and a pad of paper. opening up doggle(dog google) on his laptop, he slowly transcribed what he could think to ask into English.

Once he was done, he handed her the paper. The first pad now had the following very sloppily written sentence.

"Can you read this?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:06 am 

Azzie was in awe at how massive the television was. When he flipped a switch on the remote, she could read what the people on the TV were saying. She smiled and turned to him, but he was gone. He wasn't gone for long, but when he came back, she noticed what he had in his hands.

When she saw the writing, her eyes widened and she nodded rapidly. She had found a way to communicate with him. She would take the notebook into her hands and start to write.

"My name is Azzie. Can you please tell me what's going on?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:13 am 

The Happy RP salesman

It took more than a few minutes for him to write down what he needed. Part of the time was because he had to look it up on his computer. The other part?

How was he supposed to explain that she was probably stuck here for a very long time? He didn't know where she came from to begin with. when he did hand her the paper again, he seemed saddened.

"Azzie... are you familiar with the term 'pet'?" the paper said. He was hoping she would understand and he would not have to write too much more, but he knew that if she knew what a pet was, she would probably be smart enough to guess he was now her owner. He unfortunately had no way of knowing what her world was like, so he simply waited for a reply.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:49 am 

Azzie noticed that the dog man seemed sad, she wondered why. But after he took a while to write back, she understood. Her heart started to race, and she felt as if she was going to have a panic attack. But instead, she did what her therapist said to do when she felt like this, and started to breath.

She was a pet for a dog that was easily 5 or 6 times her height. She couldn't get the exact height difference down. All she knew was that he was tall, and everything around her seemed comically large. She reluctantly took the crayon and notebook in her hands and started to write.

"Am I here forever?" Her face holding a sad expression as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:05 am 

The Happy RP salesman

"I don't..." he spoke before he remembered the differences in language and wrote, "I don't know." on the paper. remembering that she was an intelligent creature, possibly some sort of dominant species according to what he had read on the internet, he added more to the paper.

"Do you know what a fighting game is?" he knew the controllers were big, but he also knew you did not need to read to play a fighting game(which, while fundamentally having different characters here due to not being humans, the game he had in mind had the same basic fighting mechanics as a certain Nintendo property)

Turning to the cabinet under the tv, he moved the Gamestation out from the drawer and put a controller down near her, assuming it would at the very least help her relax to play some mind-numbing games with him. Still... would she ever be able to go home? thinking of it on his end... if he was in her shoes he'd be terrified right now...

"What a trooper..." he muttered as the game shouted "SUPER... SMAAAAAAAAASH BROTHEEEEEEEEERS!" in dog... but it was evident that was the intended words to some degree aat least.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:24 am 

Azzie's eyes dropped to the floor, realizing what situation she was in after he had written that he didn't know. She was a pet to an enormous dog person in a world where humans weren't the dominant species. She was lost in thought when she heard him rummaging around for something. She saw that he pulled out a gaming console and a rather large controller. She smiled up at him and crawled onto the couch.

After a moment of struggling, she finally sat down and realized what game they were playing. She had the same game at home, and she was rather good at it. She knew how to play most of the characters, but she did better with two specific ones. She smiled up at him happily. Though she was sad that she didn't know when she could go home, it was nice that he was trying to make her feel better.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:38 am 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott noted that she seemed happier when she found out what they were doing, and he picked the character of Pikachu, who for some reason was an exact replica of the one from Earth. As he got ready to fight, he thought he should go easy on her because she would never have played this game before...

16 to 4.

He lost sixteen out of twenty games! What kind of witchcraft was this??? Sighing he mock-bowed to her if nothing else to raise her spirits, then wrote, "Are you hungry?" on the paper. He knew that what he normally ate was not okay for a human to eat, but most of what she did eat was okay for dogs... except the chocolate. he knew to stay away from that.

Walking to the kitchen, he took a cookbook out of the pet owner manual he had received earlier that day. Walking back over to the couch, he showed her the book full of pictures of food, and he wrote, "You won, pick your prize!"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:47 am 

Azzie was having a blast with their fighting game. She was glad that he had the character that she mained. Joker from her favorite video game series; Persona. The whole time she played the game with him, she was focused. The times she lost, she would focus even more for the next one. But when it was finally over, she had won 16 of the 20 games. For her that was impressive.

She giggled when he bowed to her and followed him to the kitchen. When he showed her the cook book, and told her to pick what she wanted, she smiled up at him. She flipped through the pages before she landed on her favorite dish, which was spaghetti and meatballs. She pointed at the picture and looked up at him.

It was only then that she realized she didn't even know his name! And she didn't know what to call him either. She didn't want to be rude, so she grabbed the notebook and started to write.

"What should I call you?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:14 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

When she giggled, he thought it sounded cute. He decided right then and there that he wanted to hear more of that sound. when she pointed to the spaghetti and meatballs, he nodded and started to prepare it. Soon the pasta was heating in the boiling water.

That's when he noticed what she had written on the paper. He blinked. "Dammit! How could I have forgotten my own introduction?" he sighed and wrote, "Call me Scott. No need to be formal" on the paper just before the food was ready to be served. setting out two massive plates, he made sure hers was a human-sized portion on her plate. Picking her up and putting her in a seat next to the table(on top of a few phone books too, as she was still slightly too short to reach the table), he sat with his own plate and looked at it.

Talking mostly to himself he said, "To be honest I've never tried any of this... spaghetti huh? Welp, first time for everything!" and he took a bite.

His plate was empty within minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:36 pm 

Azzie didn't know how to feel about being picked up and put places. But it only made sense because everything was so much bigger than she was. She smiled when he said that she could call him Scott, which she preferred over the other possibilities.

She devoured her food along with him, not realizing how hungry she had been until after. She sighed in content and sat back in her seat. Thankfully she was wearing stretchy pajama shorts or she would've had to undo a button. She smiled up at Scott and wrote on the notebook.

"This isn't so bad."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:54 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott's tail wagged as he read the words now present on the paper. despite being the "owner" he still had a small bit of canine mentality and hurriedly wrote on the pad.

"Wait until my girlfriend sees how cute you are!"

After she read that, he sniffed the air and realized something. When was the last time Azzie had had a bath? Heck, even HE needed one or the meat sauce would stick to his fur. scribbling away, he wrote,

"Okay, we both need to bathe, um... how does that work where you come from?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:40 pm 

Azzie couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed when he said he had a girlfriend. Her feelings were conflicted, he was sweet, but imagining the two in a relationship was strange. When he asked how bathing works in her world, she took the notebook and started to scribble back.

"We take showers." And then she thought again before writing more. "How do you shower here?"

Azzie would then start to think how much different they were from each other. Everything was so much bigger than she was, so she couldn't help but wonder where she would sleep. Anywhere would basically be a bed for her.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:58 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott shook his head. Shower or tub wasn't what he wanted to know. Privacy or if he needed to help... Now THAT was the question he had been after. I mean, technically she couldn't be expected to reach the handles in his shower or move the showerhead, but he was a guy, and she was... how old? I mean she WAS his pet, but she already felt like a family member which meant it would be weird to just walk in and be like, 'okay, strip'

Right?

On that note... she only had one set of clothes... shopping was the same for the women on his planet too, so he already thought about Kathy(his feline GF) dragging Azzie around and making her try on a shitton of clothes and accessories. as all this swam in his head, he finally wrote,

"Shopping trip after I get the sauce out of my fur. I'll make a call"

20 minutes later Kathy knocked on the door. "OHMIGOD SCOTT! She's ADORABLE!" Kathy shouted as she pinched Azzie's cheeks. "What did you name her?"

Scott shook his head, "She told me her name was Azzie. Careful not to scratch her. Her skin seems more tender than other animals. I was hoping we could go shopping for some stuff for her to wear?"

"I'll get my wallet!" Kathy sang out as she rushed Azzie to her car, Scott chuckling as he followed.

The mall was, in a word, ginormous. The number of canines and felines was diverse even compared to earth standards.(inbreeding *cough cough*) As the two found clothes, Kathy held up a Japanese schoolgirl uniform and said "Let's get this one!"

Scott shook his head, "Let Azzie choose. she'll be wearing them!"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:04 pm 

Azzie barely had time to say or do anything. She was immediately whisked away to an incredibly large mall. It looked like any other mall in her world, except for the bipedal animals walking and shopping. She assumed that the girl was Scott's girlfriend, she seemed nice as well.

When she picked up the Japanese girl uniform, she was reminded of the anime she used to watch. She blinked a few times and shrugged. Her clothes were being bought for her, so she didn't want to be rude and be overly picky. Azzie smiled up at Scott's girlfriend and wrote on her notebook, showing it to the both of them.

"I like it. Thank you for taking me shopping."