All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:14 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"I am fine Kira. A cheerleader always falls on her butt!" Sabina says smiling and winking at Kira. The street was almost deserted the nearest person walking away from them with headphones on oblivious to the spectacle that had just taken place. Sabina jumped up energetically skipping over to her bag. Turning to Kira she said with a wholesome grin, "You should come meet my family. They'll love you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karina sat with her "father" at the restaurant in Grand Scarlet station named "Polish on the Scarlet Rails." The restaurant was a very fancy Polish eatery with many happy tourists and members of the Scarlet city elite. The restaurant overlooked a the grand hall of the station which was a hub of activities in Scarlet City. Casey arrived several minutes after Karina and her father sitting with them. The table they sat at was in the corner where windows allowed one to look out towards the sprawling rail yard and look past other diners to watch people milling about the grand hall. Casey sat so that he could sit and watch absentmindedly the work occurring in the rail yard. His gaze wandered too and fro coming to rest on the glossy black body of the "Black Bullet." An Amtrak train departed blowing its horn as it begun to speed up and depart the station. Karina seemed fascinated by Casey's aloofness as she talked to her father her gaze often resting on him.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:23 pm 

Kira giggled at the remark, relieved she at least hadn’t hurt Sabina seriously. She was endlessly amazed by Sabina’s constant positive mood and cheerful demeanour, even after Kira’s shameful outburst of her powers. Sabina sprung to her feet, skipping away to fetch her bag which lay fallen on the ground. With Sabina’s back briefly turned, Kira reached up to her face to quickly wipe away the moisture from her tearful eyes. Kira stood up, still feeling lethargic in comparison to the electric feeling she enjoyed while her powers were active.
"You should come meet my family. They'll love you!” Sabina suggested, turning to beam at Kira. Kira stared at her, mouth slightly agape.
“What...you...I mean...I... really?” Kira sputtered while her cheeks reddened, taken completely aback by the offer. Her nearly non-existent social life certainly had not included much interaction with a popular girl like Sabina - or pretty much anyone else.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:03 pm 

As the Man from the train approached the customs area he would drop his hood and get his passport out. When the customs guy enters it into the computer, it comes back as Charles Davis, Age: 21, and lists the passport invalid with the reason being death. another officer in the side office comes out and brings him aside to double check paperwork and to go threw his bags and luggage, even though Charles is not willing to allow the officer to search threw his stuff. the officer Confronts him about the mismatching information as his passport says 21 but his real age according to date is 28 years old. as Charles starts getting more and more annoyed, The train station gets a what everyone thinks is a brown out as the lights start to dim at random intervals. Chasey in the restaurant above would detect the energy spike near the customs area...

Meanwhile at Dominic's lab.
"Alert, electrical anomaly detected at Scarlet City Train yard, possible powered." Jack would say to Dominic over the intercom as he is awakened by Jack. "Oh, you are the one to wake me up, would of swore it would of been Chasey or someone else from the FSA, when will the armor be ready for deployment?" Dominic would answer after putting in his ear piece. "Upgrades are finished, deployment in less then 10 minutes, added the new fuel core now." Jack would answer. "Good, alert me when ready, I will get the under suit on, begin pre power up sequence when the core is fully installed." Dominic would quickly quickly get changed and would text Agent Chasey about the alert from Jack.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:36 pm 

"Karina, there is an electrical disturbance in security. " Casey says in a monotone barely moving from his over watch of the rail yard. His gaze moves this way and that until it comes to rest on his pride the Black Bullet. His mind's eye didn't see the rail yard as he looked over it, instead it saw his distant memories living again. He remembered before the Black Bullet being the CIA cyborg assassin falling from favor rescuing a man associated with Hitler's Nazi party from German death row. He remembered his time in the special forces traveling down a dusty dirt road and being almost killed in an IED explosion. He remembered the camaraderie in his armor unit in the early days of the Iraq war and losing all of his friends on his darkest day fleeing the battle firing a fifty cal with tears in his eyes. He remembered picking up the pieces and carrying on to go through Special Forces Selection to his wife's disapproval. He remembered waking to his brother by his side asleep in a hospital with his wife's wedding ring on the table and after being released from the hospital visit her grave with the divorce papers in his hand. All of these things and more spun in his mind as he looked on blindly on for minutes. Mongrel had been gone a little bit when a large figured man in a neat clean suit with a stony gaze and a strong voice said after approaching the table, "Is this seat open?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yeah of course. They would love to meet another super." Sabina said excitedly seeming to have totally forgotten Kira turning into an explosive rage monster a second ago. She turned to Kira to see her mood and undauntedly followed with, "We can totally stop at your house to drop off your bag. My parents' house is just down the road!"

Among many rows of mostly derelict tanks baking in the California desert. The military radio channels were buzzing with an imaginary war from nearby Fort Irwin as two divisions duked it out with lasers preparing for a war that might never come. One tank sat sealed since its final fight in Iraq in almost pristine mechanical condition except for its unit markings which had faded during the decade and a half it had sat. Its crew presumed to be entombed inside and none one wanted to disturb their slumber. Its electronics clicked to life spontaneously and its crew awoke from a daze. They attempted to escape their metal coffin and inaudibly banged on the hatches until they realized that it was futile. "Driver, get us out of here. We need to find Corporal Norton!" The driver affirmed the command of his platoon sergeant and started up the engine of the tank going through the motions. The jet engine whirred up spinning up allowing the tank to clatter forward out of the row of its dead brethren. The tank to a left turn proceeding to the closest edge of the tank graveyard. It clattered and whined past a pair of mechanics sitting on another tank eating their lunch. They dropped their sandwiches and ran to the service depot as the runaway tank made for the fence and crashed through it.

"What seems to be the problem here." Mongrel asks in a flat commanding tone. Her lower pair of arms were on her hips with her top arms crossed in front of her with her legs apart with one in front of the other giving her a fighting stance. She towered over everyone in the room as the lights flickered. She had overheard the heated interchange between the enigmatic passenger and the station counter terrorism branch of security. She had often wondered how curbing international terrorism with the second patriot act required a passport check for domestic rail service but she didn't care enough about politics to question it.

Last edited by Zapy97 on Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:08 pm 

“O-OK, that would be really great,” Kira replied quickly, her cheeks still glowing as a shy smile crept across her face. “And thank you. For inviting me, and for not freaking out over, well - you know.” She finished, her eyes shifting awkwardly at her own mention of her outburst. The feeling of shame only seemed to be getting worse, after all, how could she have nearly hurt someone so nice. However, that feeling was offset by a warmer, excited and cheerful feeling that settled in Kira thanks to Sabina’s kindness.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:41 am 

"Of course! We're both in the program to learn to control our selves and our powers. You are so much more powerful than I am." Sabina says continuing to walk down the street toward their houses. Sabina walks next to Kira in a friendly way almost as though she wanted to hold her hand. Sabina was warm with kindness and her natural beauty radiated around her being pleasing to look at. She didn't worry about Kira's outburst because she knew that Kira didn't have evil in her heart to kill someone innocent but Sabina doubted about herself subconsciously.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:49 pm 

"What seems to be the problem here." Charles hears the question thinking it backup from the officer begins to get even more upset, He begins to look around, "I am not doing that, or am I? Why can't I get it to stop?" he looks around in a panic and sees the four armed super looking annoyed at him. "What the hell are you? I got to get out of here!" in a panic he would grab his bags and start to run for the door. the electrical disruptions following him towards the door.

Meanwhile Dominic is in his repaired suit with a full fuel cell on in his way to the custom area with jack still monitoring the power anomaly without knowing if a super is involved or not.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:30 pm 

“Th-thanks, but I’m not really that strong. Or - well I mean I can’t control it so, I’m not that powerful really - at least not yet.” Kira replied softly, walking alongside Sabina shyly with her hands in her hoodie pockets, yet smiling due to the compliment nonetheless. They were almost at Kira’s house, slowly making their way through the sleepy residential street. Trees lined the suburban road, lending their vibrant greens to the summer day while gently lulling in a calm breeze. The tall buildings of the city centre glistened with sunlight far off to their left, proudly jutting into the bright blue sky above the roofs and treetops. Kira was content and comforted, walking alongside Sabina, whose pleasant presence felt as warm as the sun on her pale skin.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:27 pm 

"I am Karina Mieszaniec federal super agent. We can easily resolve this issue and get you on your way." Mongrel says in a calm deep voice grabbing the runner by his clothes easily. She was totally unfazed by the continued electrical abnormalities as she had dealt with far more dangerous supers and lived to tell about it. Tossing him gently back into the middle of the room thanks to her physical prowess she starts commanding, "you're not going anywhere until this is figured out. Now start by telling me your full name."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Casey turned his head being pulled from his daydream by the rocky voice of the large man. His jaw partially dropped as he instantly recognized him as Dylan Roock the chairman of the Scarlet City Institute. Casey gathering his senses and sitting up straight to reply, "of course you may sit here Dr.Roock what brings you to come see me?" Casey had known of Dylan Roock as being a pivotal individual working behind the scenes of the FSA to ensure its success. Unknown to Casey Roock had performed the political maneuvering to have made Casey the first "Super" agent. Dr.Roock was a large figured man apparently made of stone and was incredibly durable. Dylan replied in his unique voice with an imperceptible undertone of guile, "I was coming to have lunch and I saw you. Normally I would've arranged a meeting but since I wanted to talk to you anyways. I decided to approach you. You are viewed favorably in the city saving those trafficked girls with agent Thorne. I want you to help me to be elected as mayor to help restore order to this city. I have hand selected a few individuals including agent Thorne to run for the positions of the city council. Given the special election coming up I am sure that the opportunity exists for us to show that supers can do more than just destroy. Will you help me Casey?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sabina continued walking next to Kira and says, "when you have mastered your powers I think you will be the most powerful Kira. You took down Garrison despite his powers almost perfectly countering yours. I just turn invisible." Sabina gives Kira a joking smile clearly not taking herself too seriously. The day's beauty was anointed by birds sweetly singing in the trees they walked past as they arrived at the sidewalk in front of the Ziegler residence.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:14 pm 

“I don’t know about that…'' Kira mumbled, approaching the front door of her home. She took off her bag, placing it between her legs and fumbled inside for a few seconds before remerging with the house keys in her scarred and shaky hands.
“My brother won’t be home until later - he works most days.” She picked up the bag and walked inside, pausing on the threshold and gesturing for Sabina to enter as well. The front door gave way to a small hall. To the left and an open door led to the kitchen where a small dining tablet was visible. A door to the right was only slightly ajar, but a desk full of paperwork and a computer monitor in front of a window denoted it as an office space. Straight ahead was a short corridor at the end of which was the door to a bathroom, as well as a closed door to the right. A staircase ascended to the upstairs rooms and hugged the left side of the corridor. Jackets, shoes and other gear lay under the staircase, neatly ordered.
Kira made her way down the short hall, opening and entering the door at the back right. Her bedroom was small but snug, and packed with knick-knacks and decorations. A large south-east facing window lay behind a desk that was home to a quartz coloured laptop, headphones, comics, a few empty cups and glasses, as well as an assortment of figures and models from a range of movies, comics and TV shows. The shelves around the room, as well as the top of a wardrobe, were similarly decorated. Pink and white were the most predominant colours in the cosy space, such as a fluffy pink blanket that covered her roughly made bed. Posters, photos and canvas prints covered the slightly off-white walls, they were nearly all predictably from a plethora of her favourite shows and movies. One large framed photo was of her brother at a weightlifting competition a few years ago, mid winning lift. A few items of clothes lay strewn over the desk chair, and on the ground, but overall the room was in reasonably ordered chaos. A string of unlit coloured LEDs was cast over the headboard of her small double bed, next to which sat a small bedside table upon which lay an open manga.
Kira dumped her stuff on the light pink rug on the floor just as soon as she made it to the bed.
“That’s better,” she said, rolling her shoulders and neck.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:44 pm 

“Ok, Dumb guy is not working.” Charles would say to himself under his breathe. “Name is Charles, Now can you please get out of my way? I have important things to do.” He would respond to Karina. Before she could answer, He would regain his balance after being tossed back into the room, He would get into almost what looks like a meditation pose before lunging forward and redirecting all the energy that built up in his body towards Karina as some form of an electrical bolt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dominic Continues to the train station with electrical disturbances. “Jack, any notifications from Casey or other FSA looking into this?” “Unknown, if any FSA agents are nearby, no new messages from Agent Casey at this time.” Jack would respond after checking all inboxes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:54 pm 

As soon as Charles goes into his meditative state Mongrel instantly realizes what he is telegraphing. Stepping towards him she lands a powerful right arm hook into the side of his face. As he discharges his electrical attack it goes right past Mongrel into a power outlet blowing the breaker causing the electricity for that portion of the station to go down. Mongrel stood over the man who had used his powers to attack her and says, "According to the Federal Super Agency Enabling Act I am placing you under arrest for the illegal use of a super power and assault on a super agent."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=----------------------------

"As much as I would like too Dr.Roock I have to decline on the ground that this would be a local election and I am a federal agent. I would be seen as meddling locally and corrupt federally. It is a clear conflict of interest. Federal law also forbids me from endorsing political candidates. I do wish the best for campaign and that I think you will do well." Casey says flatly refusing to touch anything political with Dr.Roock as he had his suspicions deep down that he was acting with ulterior motives. "That is a shame, you know Karina's benefactor will be running, Mr.Cudsworth, no Mr.Coddelain, no that's not his name either. WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER HIS NAME?! I JUST READ IT TOO! Dr.Roock seemingly suddenly distracted by his inability to remember his opponents name Dr.Mieszaniec speaks up, "his name is Alexander Raxuss. You can't remember his name because he is a passive psychic projection super. Being psychically deaf is extremely rare being found in one and roughly seven million adults with minor correlations to being on the autism spectrum. He literally can't control it and is one of a few known psychic supers. The science behind psychics has only had the surface scratched and is I have yet to study." After finishing his statement the three of them became aware of another tall well built man in a bright flamboyant pink suit arrived speaking in a silky smooth deep and alluring voice he said, "I hear that my name and candidacy is quite controversial! Mr.Raxuss' smile radiated on the table like the sun due to his bright eyes, friendly and confident smile and cheerful demeanor. Casey was now wide awake from his PTSD induced day dream finding himself sitting uncomfortably surrounded by people who could end his career at the drop of a feather. He had picked up on the breaker for customs area being tripped when Dr.Roock was freaking out about what's his name but found himself trapped now by social conventions. Casey was forlorn that his lunch had taken such a sudden and unexpected turn but didn't show it externally. With Maddox approaching Casey sends a text message to him saying that Mongrel was working on it and ordering Maddox to stay away from it due to the breaker tripping.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sabina hesitantly walked into Kira's house not knowing what to expect but obediently following Kira not knowing what she might find. Her attitude quickly changed and she found herself suddenly interested in all the little things that Kira had set about her room. Sabina recognized most as things from when she was younger and took delight in them checking out each one. Kira's house was a far cry from Sabina's own home being a well ordered busy place where many children grew up. She examined them intently visibly enjoying the many little details each one had.

Last edited by Zapy97 on Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:53 pm 

“As you can see I’m a bit of a nerd,” Kira said with a small, shy laugh when she noticed Sabina inspecting her stuff. She picked up and dragged the bag containing her cadet uniform clothes over to the wardrobe, leaving it there for later. She walked back through the room, taking off her yellow hoodie as she went, and dropped it on the bed. Wearing just a t-shirt now, the light from the bedroom’s window made the white marks across her skin more visible. They ran along her arms in a criss cross pattern, meeting the seemingly permanent scars on her wrists and hands. Kira tenderly ran a hand over her right arm, a burning sensation still remained over her skin - only becoming more pronounced as the last lingering effects of adrenaline wore off.
“Ahh - just a sec,” She said, darting out the door and through the open door of the adjacent bathroom. She turned on the cold water in the sink, and with a long sigh of relief, held her hands and forearms under it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:18 pm 

As Charles discharges as he gets hit in the head he falls to the ground completely unconscious. As Mongrel Grabs Charles’s arms and hands to restrain him she would have a tingling sensation as small amounts of uncontrolled discharges are occurring from energy that makes up his nervous system.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dominic getting the message from Casey about staying back, Dominic taps into the rail yards security camera network and has Jack looking for any other agents and or the cause of the disturbance. “Mongrel on scene, situation currently under control.” Jack would say recognizing her from the security cams, with the unknown person on the ground in handcuffs. “Ok then, lets stay at a distance and watch from afar then since Casey doesn't want a electrical suit near him.” Dominic says as he begins to turn around and begin the trip back to the house.

Last edited by CMDRTibTib on Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:23 pm 

Mongrel grabs two pairs of thick rubber gloves for preventing electrical conductivity for handling electrical hazards. Putting on the gloves she handcuffs the unconscious delinquent super. She carries him outside where an agency transport waits. She throws him in the back where uniform clad agents restrain him to a polymer mounting for handcuffs. The prisoner compartment of the van was totally coated or made of non-conductive materials and the agents were told to handle him with care taking him to an appropriate cell in the super containment facility. They made sure to swap his handcuffs for ones made of non-conductive materials as well as doing the same for restraining his legs. As the transport speeds away Mongrel returns to restaurant she sees that her table suddenly had a few unexpected guests. Her "father" sees her and says, "Ah, you're back! We have company, including your old friend Mr.Raxuss!" Karina stopped suddenly seeing the scene the political opponents, then seeing the shell shocked commando Casey. She responds as she returns to her seat next to Casey, "I can see that."

Sabina watches as Kira douses her arms in the cold tap water. Her eyes wander over Kira's exposed skin and she burned with any number of desires unknown to her. Sabina turned her eyes gazing at a figure of her favorite series, she had always found that character to be an annoying distraction from her favorite character. Sabina found it funny how Kira liked the same show but only had a figurine of a character that displeased her. She quietly waited for Kira to return and said "That's a character from my favorite show as a kid, I remember watching it with my younger brother."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:40 pm 

Kira relished the frigid water flowing over her hot and tingling skin. Her eyes closed for a brief moment, the blissful sensation of coolness engulfing her skin blocked out the residual effects of containing such a massive amount of energy within her without unleashing it. The soothing cool was enough to allay any distractions, and Kira didn’t bother preventing the splashing water from lightly splattering the bathroom floor and her t-shirt, nor did she notice Sabina watching her. Tension held in her muscles seemed to flow away like the water cascading down her arms and hands, and soon Kira's shoulders loosened out, followed by her whole body as she briefly enjoyed bliss.
Despite being very uncomfortable, the effects she currently felt were mild in comparison to previous woes. Kira still vividly recalled laying in a hospital bed - skin burning as though it was aflame - in between doses of painkillers. Although She had sporadically tested her powers in the time between her encounter with Garrison and now, she had not drawn on nearly as much energy on those occasions as she had done this time. While this most recent incident had almost seen her unable to physically contain the surge of explosive energy, Kira had avoided most of the recoil involved in unleashing her powers as she did not actually discharge a blast. In her confrontation with Garrison, Kira had channeled her explosive power again and again, culminating in a constant blast that lasted several seconds. That had been enough to hospitalise her and led to weeks of painful recovery.
Kira eventually reached for the tap with a dripping hand and turned it off. She patted her hands and arms dry with a nearby towel, before reaching for one of her perfumes on the sink and spraying herself a couple of times with a soft, floral scent.
“Oh, really?” Kira said cheerfully as she returned to her cute room, absentmindedly running a hand over the pale skin of one of her arms, enjoying the cold feeling that lingered on it that all but dispelled the heat that had been there only minutes ago. “It was one of my favourites too, and I re-watched it a couple of months ago for, like, the - well - the fourth time…'' She added quickly, somewhat embarrassed to admit that she still adored a show primarily meant for kids.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:24 am 

Sabina didn't admit that she made her younger brother watch it as her family had in a box set. Sabina wouldn't let her younger brother watch the newer version of the show with all of its included degradation of maturity. Prizing the better story telling of the original among other aspects like being more well animated and being in general a higher quality. The little figurine being based on the older version of the show allowed Sabina to reply Kira to in a casual tone, "I watch the older version with my brother. I don't blame you for watching the older version given how much they dumbed down the newer version. That show was an absolute classic."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:20 pm 

“Ugh, I can’t believe what they did with the remake - talk about ruining a masterpiece.” Kira agreed with a roll of her eyes. She had, of course, watched every episode of the new series, but ultimately came to the conclusion that it was far from a worthy successor to the original. She slid right past Sabina, a pleasant fragrance following her, and grabbed a sky blue hoodie that hung over the chair at her desk. Turning back to face the other girl she said, “I’m ready if you want to go?”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:18 pm 

"Yeah let's go." Sabina says in a positive note. She turns and begins merrily toward the door. Stepping out on the street with her bag in her hand she turns to continue down the street toward her own home. She had forgotten that her parents weren't home but her siblings were. Arriving at their home she looks over the well trimmed yard and over brightly colored house. One of her younger brothers could be seen in the front wind playing video games in the living room.

The party around the table ended up staying until they had all eaten and the agents found that the political candidates were vying for their positive opinion. The lunch wraps up with the two candidates briefly fighting over paying the bill. The agents and Dr.Mieszaniec politely leave while the two wealthy individuals bicker about what is to be done about the destabilization of Scarlet City. Casey steps out on the plaza with the midday sun falling on him with the cityscape stretching out before him. He took a brief moment to pause before realizing the he had to go back to work capturing criminals and delinquent supers.

Alarms sounded all over Fort Irwin California as the base authorities had been made aware of the runaway tank tearing off west in the morning sun. The Army never let's their assets be stolen by potential terrorists. A squadron of Apache helicopters take off having ditched their war games equipment in favor of smart bombs and missiles made for popping tanks. Flying low over the rocky desert they were ready to fire on their intended target.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:00 pm 

Kira followed closely behind Sabina, shutting and locking the front door on the way out of her house. She was glad she no longer had to haul around her small backpack, as well as the gear-bag which Casey had given her. Kira guessed that Sam wouldn’t be home for several more hours, so she supposed she would either be home before him anyway, or else could just text him later on.
It was still pleasant when they stepped outside. The sun bathed both Kira and Sabina in a warm glow as they made their way down the street. Kira’s blonde hair gleamed in the light, looking lustrous. Trees cast longer shadows as the afternoon slowly marched on.
Kira cast her eyes over the neatly maintained yard and lawn as they arrived. The house looked nice, and larger than Sam and hers.
“What age is your brother?” Kira asked as she caught sight of him through the from windows.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next