All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:35 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) October 2016 (1)
Blog: View Blog (12)

Tasia awoke as the sun danced into her window. She tossed the covers off of her boady and swung her legs over the edge of her bed. She yawned and stretched and she stood up. Tasia sleepily glided over to her vanity where she brushed her hair and attempted to wake herself up. She decided that some fresh air would help so she stepped out on her balcony and enjoyed the crisp but welcoming breeze. She inhaled deeply and closed her eyes enjoying the breeze. After a moment she turned and stepped back into her room. She slumped out of her night gown and dressed her self in her usual attire, fitted black pants and shirt, her favorite belt and her light jacket. She pulled her on her boots and grabbed a few papers of of her desk and went hoping down the stairs. She grabbed a quick bite of the breakfast that had been prepared and went to her father's room.

Cyrus met her in the hall with a portfolio, "Glad you are up, I know how you fancy the disgusting mountain region and your little twiggy friend there. Take these prints to them. I'm in need of large order of weaponry." Cyrus cared not much of his daughter as she was not the one who carried on his name. He didn't see her fit to take the throne. He had always planned for his late son, Emmet, to take over. After Emmet's honorable death in battle and the death of his wife, Cyrus cared for nothing but rum, women, and war. After he handed his daughter the portfolio he left, heading for his calvary's training grounds.

Tasia took the portfolio from her father with a crisp smile. She turned from him and grabbed her long, heavy overcoat from the forier and headed for the barn. She took out her horse, Ares, and saddled him. She tossed her over coat over his withers for safe keeping until she got to the mountain region where it was cooler. She knew this would be atleast a week trip. But that was a week she didn't have to deal with her father or anyone else. Tasia climbed upon her steed and started out through the forest.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Simon awoke with a nearly frozen body. He had no fat to insulate him. Just a small twiggy frame. He shuffled around his little mountain cottage and put on his clothes. He only had 3 outfits. His work clothes, which he wore every day; his semi nice clothes, these were for special occasions; and his battle uniform that was assigned to him in times of an emergency. Every able body was given one. Simon was poor. His family had always been poor. He worked in the weaponry crafting shop. Making weapons for kingdoms. He enjoyed it for the most part. The heat from the fires gave relief from the cold air of the mountain. If he had the chance he would sleep in the shop to lessen his chances of hypothermia. It had been 6 months since he last saw his friend. Tasia was really the only person he called a friend. He mostly steered clear of everyone else as they were much stronger and would probrably just pick on him.

Simon pushed his feeble, poorly constructed glasses up his nose and stepped out into the cold frigid air and made his way to the shop. This was his everyday routine. Shiver all the way to work. Get comfortable in the warmth of the moulting meatal then shiver home. The shop was in the town and he lived in a run down shack on the edge of town. The path of the town was usually covered with snow and his shoes were only barely present. His feet grew numb during his trek to work.

Once he got to the shop he began working on projects, but first he let his feet greet the warmth.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tasia made her way through the forest the portfolio in one saddle bag and her papers in the other. She also had a blanket and a hammock in her saddle bags. She cantered through the forest easily. Stopping at night fall to rest. As she made her way on, she came upon the canyons which took up more time. As she and her horse had to carefully weave through the maze of cliffs and level ground. On the other side of the canyon was the always beautiful and peaceful plains and Lake Serene. She stopped at the lake to refresh her self and her horse. She foud a gord and made it into a water container. She knew she would need to cary water along to make it through the desert. They rested there for a good while and then continued on. The desert was one of the roughest parts of the journey. As they carefully made their way through the desert sharing the water she had brought along. Tasia tried to sheild herself from the sun's harsh rays. The sand went on forever. Several times she dismounted and led Ares through the desert so as to make sure he didn't over exert himself. She stopped in the small Ximid Dynasty, and picked up a small box that she had requested through a letter.

Finally, she could see the mountains. They finished off the water and hurried off to them. As they entered the foothills, Tasia pulled on her overcoat and they carefully made their way up the steep mountains, and jumping the occasional small chasm she mad her way up to the village just outside of the castle. She rode through the village ignoring the stares of the people. She rode up to the weaponry shop and tied her horse up. She dismounnted, grabbed her pappers and her father's portfolio out of the saddle bags and walked inside.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Simon grinned and greeted his friend with an inviting hug, Tasia of course greeted him back. She handed him the portfolio firt. As Simon took it he noted "This is your father's portfolio. I know this isn't all you brought me." He looked at her through his large feeble spectacles and she laughed, "Of course not, Simon. She handed him her papers, "Of course this will all be on father's ticket. But as usual i brought you my sword design, and a new design i did for you. A new pair of glasses. Stronger ones." She smiled And handed him the box. "Here are the lenses." The two friends talked for a while as he worked.

P.S. I'm a typo queen. Sorry in Advance.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:37 am 

I have returned

Blog: View Blog (0)

Grim awoke to the rising sun, the first ray's tickling the scar tissue on his face. He laid on his small cot for a moment as he accustomed himself to the aches of the day. Most of his joints hurt lightly, that was usual, but today also seemed to come with a sharp lower back pain. Giving an extended grunt as he pulled himself from his bed, he quickly dressed himself in a thick coat and his usual mask. He had been asked to visit the castle for some reason, though they had neglected to share why. But first, he wanted some food and possibly a drink to sooth his bones.

Grim exited his small cabin as the sun fully rose above the mountains. He had been asked to arrive at noon, which gave he a good few hours to eat and self medicate. As he began walking through the castle town he noticed quite a bit of extra chatter among the people. After attempting and failing to overhear the reason, he walked towards one of the local's whom was less terrified of him.

"What is everyone gossiping about this morning?" The women took a half step back before she realized it was Grim who had spoken. She was only less terrified.

"Well, it seems that the Princess Anastasia arrived in town. Rode in and walked right into the weaponry shop." Grim thanked her, changing course for the weaponry shop himself. He had left his scythe with the boy there the previous day, it would be nice to know the time frame for its maintenance. Besides, breakfast could wait. Grim liked to make sure the young princess was keeping more level headed than her father.

When Grim arrived at the store he lightly rapped on the wooden door beam.

"I heard some forest creature has lost it's way to this store. You wouldn't happen to heard of such a creature, would you?" While he tried to keep his voice even, there was a slight chuckle in his words. Unfortunately, this also made his voice sound somewhat growling.

Jesper stared at the chest board before him, his hand raised in a light fist, thumb to his lip. The opponent across from his sat relaxed in his seat, seeming to believe his previous move had guaranteed him the game. Jesper was less convinced, looking over the board for a crack in the armor. His opponents defense was solid, with his forward line set to advance. But as Jesper was beginning to think he might have been beaten, her noticed a single flaw, or more potential flaw. Bitting his lip, he pushed his queen to take the forward rook, putting her far away from the rest of his troops. The opponent smiled, and quickly moved a piece to capture the queen.

"My dear Prince, you seem to have grown desperate. I'd expect you to be more protective of your most valuable piece." The duke said with a soft laugh, but he paused when he saw the smile spreading behind Jesper's hand.

"My dear Duke, I thought you a smart enough man to realize. A valuable piece, is also the strongest bait." He then moved his own rook across the board, sliding it directly through the place that had opened in the line when the Duke took his queen. And such, now both side's were widowers, but Jesper had a piece dangerously close to his opponents king. "I do believe this game will only last 8 more turns. It was good playing you sir, you nearly had me beat."

In the end it took only 6. The Duke panicked to save his king, putting him directly in reach of Jesper's bishop. For his credit, he took the defeat with dignity, congratulating the Prince on a game well won. As he walked away Jesper was helped from his chair and began to walk towards the sitting room for his mid-morning tutoring. Today's lesson was evidently about the specifics of the Ximid's glass trade, fun. Jesper settled in for a long, tiring lesson as the sun began climbing to it's peak.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:37 pm 

1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

As Dalamar walked though the streets of a small castle town, he was pleased to see so many people out of their homes. He drew his cloak tighter about himself, trying to shield himself from the harsh cold. His boots crunched in the snow as he walked.

The people in the streets were talking in hushed voices, standing in small tight circles. No doubt they were trying to stay warm as they huddled together to talk about whatever news was the latest. As he made his way through town, Dalamar wished he could whistle as an attempt to attract others' attentions. There was no way he was wetting his lips in this cold, however. Instead, Dalamar pulled a small smooth pebble from a pocket inside his cloak, and began making it dance through his fingers, and even gliding over them.

Normally, this would cause people to watch him curiously. The would think at first glance that perhaps they only thought they saw the pebble glide through the air above Dalamar's knuckles, and they would stare to see if it really had been a trick of their eyes or something more. With everyone in huddled tightly together, whispering away, no one really noticed Dalamar or his pebble. The bite of the cold quickly got him, and he slid the pebble, and his hand into his cloak pocket. He realized he would need something with noise or flashier to gain anyone's attention, and he wasn't sure if he wanted to put in the effort.

Cutting through the eerie cold, quiet air, a knock was heard nearby. Dalamar turned his head, and his hood, to see that it was a horribly scarred man knocking on the weaponry shop door. He heard mention of a 'forest creature' and was intrigued. Dalamar wondered if a beast had wandered off its island and that's what everyone was outside whispering about.

Feeling rather curious, Dalamar approached the man, despite his face. "A creature of the forest, eh? What would a weapons maker know of that?"

https://www.twitch.tv/magicklegacy

Clicks please? ImageImageImageImageImage Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:59 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) October 2016 (1)
Blog: View Blog (12)

Tasia stood, watching as he worked, "Simon, I'm fearful." She sighed heavily and Simon paused a moment and looked up at her, "Has something happened?" Simon asked concerned. Tasia looked out the small window, "There is something wrong. Something with Oosdorf. I rummaged in my father's office and there was an order for all able bodied men. And he signed it. I fear there is some sort of war coming. But this time it will be all of Meliord fighting together rather than against each other." Tasia turned toward Simon with a concerned look on her face. Before Simon could say anything or ask any questiongs there was a knock at the door followed by the entrance of Grim. "I heard some forest creature has lost it's way to this store. You wouldn't happen to heard of such a creature, would you?"

Tasia narrowed her eyes at him, "Forest Creature is no way to greet a lady, Grim." She sauntered over, arms crossed, "To what do we owe the pleasure of your presence," She joked sarcastically. Giving a smirk. Her father was not fond of the mountain region, Tasia however enojoyed all of Meliord. All of the kingdoms offered such great materials and learning abilities. Grim was rough around the edges, but Tasia always knew he was skilled, and had knowledge that was beneficial, she did not hate him, but neither did she know much of him.

Tasia glanced toward Simon with a look that said they would finish the conversation later. She didn't want to risk the information she held getting out.

Simon, got up from his work station to retrieve Grim's scythe. he returned from the back room with it. The new blade was polished and shined to pristine perfection. The handle completely redone and ready for use. Everything had been either repaired or replace in order to put it back in proper working condition and it looked brand new. Simon too pride in his work. he was the top weapons crafter in Meliord. His fighting skills were non existant, but with Tasia's help he became a master crafter. Tasia was very knowlegable about weapons, it was by her teachings that Simon learned what he needed to know and then tweaked and applied his crafting skill to create the best weaponry in the land.

Not to long after Grim had arrived, another man joined them asking of a forest creature, Tasia rolled her eyes, "See what you've started Grim?" She then turned her attention to the new man, "Not a forrest creature, just little ol' me, Sorry to dissapoint."

She looked at them both, "Might we shut the door now? Bit of a draft coming through."

Simon was a little fearful of Grim. Right fully so, Simon was small and frail in stature. Grim was also scarred making his appearance all the more terrrifying. Simon's attention turned Dalamar as he joined them. Simon didn't recognize Dalamar so he introduced himself, mostly because it was easier than having a conversation with Grim. "Hi, i'm Simon the weapons crafter and black smith."

P.S. I'm a typo queen. Sorry in Advance.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:02 pm 

I have returned

Blog: View Blog (0)

Grim smiled beneath his mask, letting out a small laugh so everyone knew his amusement at the Forest Princesses comment. Grim had been a mild acquaintance of her fathers, whom he thought was a warmongering idiot. He had fought under him once, and against him far more often. Her older brother had been a far better man, and would have made a fine king one day. But Tasia, the girl had potential to change things between the two kingdoms. Maybe even include the desert region as a real kingdom, but that may just be wishful thinking.
"Why, I think its a perfectly normal way to great a young doe. As to my reason for passing by," Grim paused as Simon brought out his war scythe, "I needed to pick something up from your good friend here." Simon was an interesting one, not much of a fighter but the boy could craft wonders. Now if the lad could grow a backbone and stop cringing every time Grim so much as looked at him.
"Thank you Simon, I hope the payment I gave beforehand was sufficient? If not I can cover any additional costs." Grim said, patting his money pouch absently to show he could cover such costs. Grim's attention was then dragged to the newcomer, a dessert man by the look of him. Grim heard his question, as smiled as Talia attempted to dissuade Grim's jest. Noon was still a fair bit off, why not have some fun before he entered boring meetings.

"Ah, well you see traveler, this weapon smith is actually a beast charmer." He said, acting as though Tasia hadn't talked. "He entices the spirits in the metal to follow his designs, just as he tempts forest doe's like this one to enter his shop. If you don't believe me, look upon this weapon." Grim held his scythe horizontally in his left hand, blade pointed upwards. He held it as though it was light, but for any but him it was nearly unusable despite it's perfect balance. "Normal men could not craft such a masterpiece, a arm of this design must be the work of magics, do you not agree?" Grim was very thankful he always wore a mask, otherwise the large smile he wore would have gave away his mirth.

Jesper finished his studies of Ximid, and moved on to Forest kingdom farming techniques. As he studied he created a mental image of his previous chess match, thinking of methods he could have won faster, or with fewer sacrifices. The instructor crawled along, and Jesper began wishing he could actually play another match.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:24 am 

1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Dalamar's confusion quickly turned into embarrassment. He bowed slightly, hoping to hide his flushed cheeks. "My apologies, m'lady, for the misunderstanding." He didn't recognize her, but addressed her in the politest way possible in the hopes that it would change their first impression of him.

At the lady's mention of the cold and closing the door, Dalamar was happy to oblige. Before he could really question as to whether or not he was welcome, he stepped inside, sliding the bag he carried everywhere off of his shoulder, and shut the door behind him. He could breathe a little easier without the wind searing his lungs and with the extra weight off his back.

Dalamar had a chuckle at the older gentleman's beast charmer comment. What a way to address a lady indeed! He nearly laughed aloud at the mention of magic. Dalamar only needed to study the scythe for a moment to realize there was no magic there. The inviting fire glinted off of the blade as he looked at it.

"It is beautifully well done," Dalamar agreed. "It's also quite impressive you can handle it so delicately when it is obviously very heavy." Though he did not say so, Dalamar questioned as to whether or not he could lift it without magic.

Since the very mention of magic, Dalamar was itching to perform one of his parlor tricks. Even if he couldn't have the attention of crowds, he had their little group's attention for the time being. Finally settled on which one, Dalamar opened his hand to reveal the coin he had playing around with earlier. "This is magic," he said, as he clasped his fist around the coin. "It likes to disappear you see," he opened his hand revealing nothing. Then he reached to the side of the older gentleman's face, barely moving the hair behind his ear, and quickly pulled his hand away, revealing the coin between his thumb and forefinger. He turned it slightly so that the fire glinted off of it, making the coin shine with the yellow, orange, and red of the fire.

https://www.twitch.tv/magicklegacy

Clicks please? ImageImageImageImageImage Thank you!