All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dionaea
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:55 pm 

Fear the plant

Blog: View Blog (0)

"I don't think he was pretending to be a merchant. He said he helped people. That doesn't sound like a merchant." Anyway she more meant the golden eyes, but apparently Mitch didn't think that was odd. He stomped off over to the small stream half hidden past some bushes. She wondered if that was where the inn got its water as well.

"Your hairs detect magic?" Kalista sounded highly amused, voice lifting as he walked farther from her. "I am a healer. So perhaps they know that. A priest would not say by the spirits anyway. Probably. Odd priest if he did." She listened the the splashing for a minute and then realized he hadn't brought a kettle. Was he washing his shirt by himself? Well that was fine by her, but it was probably less than fun in the freezing stream. She didn't feel that motivated to follow him to wash her bandages, so she stayed sitting and peaked into the one kettle to see if there was any fish left.

"I don't know what he is, that is why I asked if you had ideas." Obviously. She picked bits of fish off the bottom of the kettle and hummed happily to herself. "Are you all right over there?" That was a lot of splashing for just one innocent shirt. What was he doing to it?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:51 pm 

“No the water is cold!” Mitch came back and he was soaking wet as he moved quickly to be by the fire and he shivered as he let the heat of the fire caress him like a blanket and he moved a little bit from side to the other side as he held the shirt over his lap and he told Kalista, “I was smelling rather ripe, and I wasn’t about to go to the inn with you out here no your own. I know you say you don’t need watching but I would never forgive myself if something happened to you.”

Then he looked back at the inn and he told Kalista, “I think he’s going to be very interesting to work with, although he has the strangest eyes I’ve ever seen. Although my experience of this world is rather limited I’m afraid.” Then he closed his eyes and the magic that rested in him from places that he was not aware of seemed to flow with him and his sense of cold left him, he thought it was his fire but if Kalista was paying attention she would notice it as well.

“I like to fish you know, if you’re still around when it’s a little warmer, I’d love to catch some fish and cook it with you. Most healers I know are wonderful cooks.. well most healers you would be the second healer the first was my mother and she was a fantastic cook. If you can cook all healers I’ve ever met are wonderful cooks!” Mitch grinned and winked at Kalista.

“I think we should take the man up on his offer, but if you don’t want to Kalista. I’ll understand.” Was Mitch’s parting words on it as he continued to watch the inn.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:22 am 

Fear the plant

Kalista blinked as Mitch came shivering back to the fire. "You got in the stream? In this weather?" She stared with wide eyes at the crazy man. "I managed to live my entire life without you. I met you mere hours ago. I certainly do not need you." She frowned at him, disturbed. To not go to an inn mere steps up the road and jump in the ice cold stream instead?

She watched him sit at the fire, and saw him use magic to warm himself up. Well maybe that was why he was so cocky for being so young. She watched him in silence. After a long quiet moment she told him, "I wanted to go with the man. It's disconcerting that you are so unwilling to leave me alone. I've decided. Unless you leave right now and go to the inn, I won't leave with the two of you tomorrow. So go. Trust me to be there in the morning." Or see how fast she could disappear. He was being really, really, creepy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:51 pm 

Mitch looked at Kalista and he shook his head a moment and he stood up. There was a strange look he gave her and he said, “I don’t think you understand, Kalista. It is not you that needs me, it is I that needs you. However, I will do as you wish.” There was a slight pause as he bowed and he really did mean to start walking but as he moved towards the inn he licked his lips a moment and he saw his vision start to double.

Shaking his head rapidly he stumbled a bit as he moved forward and then the searing headache went away as quickly as it attacked him and he straightened up, stretched and started to head to the inn and he said to her, “I don’t want to stay at the inn though.. they will probably string me up for being a bandit. I’ll just stay on the other side of the inn and leave you in peace as you find me so offensive.”

With that he moved about another ten feet before he doubled over again as he felt his head being attacked by a two by four getting wacked again and again and he did try and remain composed but he moved down onto his knees and lifted his palms to his forehead and he whimpered. Glad Kalista was probably not paying the slightest bit of attention to him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:08 pm 

Fear the plant

Kalista said tartly, "You also lived your entire life without me, and your behavior is honestly disturbing." Apparently she had given up attempting to be polite because bathing in a freezing river to avoid letting her out of his sight was being far too clingy. "Why would they.. oh you're a bandit?" That would explain a few things. It also made her smile a little since he'd been warning her about bandits. Now what did that mean?

A frown formed on her face as he stumbled. He was faking so she'd relent. Perhaps. "darnit." Kalista had already begun to move after Mitch when he stumbled and fell. It was only seconds after he put his hands to his head that her palm settled over his. Even without focusing she could dimly feel the pain and she sighed. Then she settled herself on the ground beside him and tugged him over to rest his head in her lap, fingers running over his temples softly. In a quiet but soothing voice she said, "Just give me a moment and I'll try to See what's wrong Mitch."

She closed her eyes, her hands still resting on his head and took several measured breaths. She didn't let herself miss her grandfather and his ability, just willed herself calm and still. Silent. Listen to Mitch, find the source, find the reason. Then she might be able to help. She hoped. Things like this though... it could be bad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:22 pm 

The pain wrenched through Mitch as he was burning with fever. That's what happens when you're an idiot and were already slightly sick and then expose your body to the cold. To Kalista's touch Mitch was burning hot. Sweat began to drip from his forehead as the salted water formed and glowed against his skin as he leaned forward.

Mitch's fever slipped through his skin as he moaned about burning up and then he moved his hands .. at least he tried but the strength seemed to drain right out of him and he looked up he couldn't see anything but golden strings across his eyesight and he knew that he was burning up with the pain of fever.

Mitch tried to speak but failed and he started to shake violently with shivers as his body tried to cope with the idiocy he had just put it through.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:40 am 

Fear the plant

Kalista couldn't find any bleeding inside Mitch's skull, so that was one positive. On the other hand he was looking far more out of it than he should. So. She took his hands, testing if they were cold, and commanded, "Squeeze as hard as you can. Then tell me my name, your name and where we are." Kalista waited for him to comply or at least try to.

Then she began tugging his shirt up to inspect his skin for rashes. After getting him out of his shirt and inspecting him, she went for his boots. His feet were also tested for temperature and she pushed his pants up his legs to look for rashes there too. Finally she seemed finished with poking at him and settled back, thinking.

It wasn't as if she had a lot of supplies, but there were the kettles and water close by and fire. Plus she had done a little gathering because she couldn't help herself. Mostly if things didn't improve though, she would have to at least try magic. Diagnostics she'd done for her grandfather all the time, but healing with only magic, well she just wasn't that good at it. A soft sigh and she stood, moving to lay out the blanket Mitch had bought by the fire in preparation of moving him onto it.