All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:54 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Avi hummed out a soft laugh at Tanis' question, his eyes remaining on the traffic around him. He knew from experience that the time Sinead started her evening shifts was the same time the surrounding offices ended for the day, making for denser traffic than before. "I don't think they're are a fan of me driving."
It didn't occur to him to specify who they were, but as he glanced towards Tanis with a mild smile, he felt assured she knew exactly who.

As they once again ventured down the same road, they were the only moving car on the road. Primarily office buildings, it didn't come to Avi as a surprise that the telephone dispatch company where Sinead worked was the only building that still seemed awake.
Pulling up to the same curb parking as they had upon bringing her to her shift, Avi let the car run in neutral. His attention was momentarily upon the few dozen of women exiting the building at the end of their 3am shift, but as he didn't immediately recognize his wife in the dim lighting, he turned his attention to the woman on the passenger seat next to him. "Where can we drop you off? Are you heading home?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:20 pm 

it really is oingo or be boingo'd on this bitch of an earth.

Tanis was exhausted and she was already dreading the shift she was about to head into. It was necessary if she wanted to pay Avi even a little for his troubles and if she wanted to live, so she was going to have to power through it.
“Heading to work. Know the diner by the pier?” She asked, hoping that Avi would know where it was. If she was lucky, the diner wasn’t going to be too busy for tonight and she would be able to get away with halfassing her shift. It wasn’t her normal approach to work, but it was an extraordinary situation so she wouldn’t feel too bad about it.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:29 pm 

Avi had to give it a moments thought but did, eventually, nod. Though he didn't know the exact address, he could probably get close enough for Tanis to direct him the last few blocks.
"I do," he ended up adding, not sure if his initial response had been visible in the sparse streetlight. He, too, refrained from commenting on Tanis' off work hours; after all, Avi was still technially on the clock, too, and Sinead's shift had just finished.
When Avi one again turned his attention out of the window, he inattentively shifted his posture as he finally locked eyes with his approaching wife. With a little nod backwards, Avi saw Sinead's features first reflect confusion and then, genuine delight. Without any further objections, she instead seated herself on the passenger's seat behind Avi.
"What a pleasure seeing you again, Tanis," Sinead said, her voice still bright and alert despite the odd hour. The scarf she had been wearing around her hair on her way to work was now tied around her neck, and she shifted in her seat as she stripped herself of her over coat. "I thought I had to go days without your company."
Sinead saw her husband grin in the rear view mirror, but the man did not otherwise comment. Instead, he pulled the car into gear. and pulled out into the empty road. "I've promised that we would drop her off at work, Sinnie."

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:54 pm 

Once again, Sinead managed to get Tanis flustered with her compliments. It was a little overwhelming to Tanis that Sinead always seemed genuinely excited to see her and spend time with her; a scenario that Tanis didn’t really know how to handle.
It wasn’t like it meant anything more than just Sinead being hospitable and polite, but she was very attractive and Tanis was very weak aroundgood-looking women. As long as she didn’t get herself too distracted and managed to stay in her corner it would be fine, no matter how attractive she found Sinead to be.
“Sometimes you get to be lucky,” she said with a soft smile, looking at Sinead over her shoulder to be able to look at her properly. She ran a hand through her hair, knowing that she would have to tie it up or braid it soon, but she wanted to wait with that for as long as possible. She preferred to keep her hair loose if she could and usually only tied it up for demos or work. “And I guess I do too.”

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:42 pm 

Sinead had positioned herself in the middle of the bench seat; when Tanis turned to face her, and the proximity decreased, Sinead's smile inevitably grew. Sinead, who otherwise had her full attention on Tanis, couldn't help but eye the movement of Tanis' hand, as her fingers disappeared in and out of the pitch black hair. The woman was truly beautiful, even in the harsh, passing street lights.
Finally, Sinead once again met Tanis' eye with no visible embarrassment for having allowed her gaze to linger. "That's really lovely, Tanis."
Though perfectly innocent, the corners of Sinead's mouth turned upwards in an almost teasing smile; Sinead didn't have to look to know Avi was humoured on her expense. Regardless, Sinead continued in the same off handed tone of voice. "Do you get lucky often?"

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:32 pm 

The question caught Tanis by surprise and, unable to find a satisfactory answer, she turned to look out on the road again, biting down on her bottom lip as she did so. She had no idea how to answer that question without offending her attorney, who she couldn’t get herself to take a look at. She knew that she wasn’t doing anything inappropriate, but it still felt like crossing the line of what she should be able to get away with if she started flirting with her attonrney’s wife.
“Not particularly,” she ended up stating, not sure what else she could possibly say. She did keep herself very busy with work and with punching cops, something Avi would know too much about that particular hobby of her’s.