All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:59 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

As for Cain, he was about to attempt an escape from his room when a sudden weariness took hold of him and he fell onto his bed and was out before he hit the pillow. Maybe he was more tired then he could admit.. or was this the work of a demon? He didn’t care as he closed his eyes.

—(Dream sequence!)—

Cain opened his eyes and looked around, floating in deep water. He slowly began to realize he was drowning and tried to find the surface when a emerald clawed appendage grabbed ahold of him and pulled him up to the surface.

“What? How did...?” He trailed off as he saw Beltharion, or rather a larger Beltharion’s head peer down at him. He then spoke.

”You’re Early for this stage Cain.”

“Why am I here? Where even is here?”

“We are in a sealed portion of what most would call Dreamland. A place Mystics would call ‘The Realm of Inner Self. I placed us here so that only those I deem fit to intrude upon this place can visit.” The dragon replied. ”As for why you are here, I think you’re ready now. Ready to understand the origins of Fenrir’s and Your Forefather’s, and why There’s been a feud with your clan and Zankora, the Dark Reincarnating Wizard.”

—(Flashback)—

A young man looking similar to Cain only with red shoulder length hair was hammering away on a forge, creating a weapon that suddenly cracks upon a more rough impact. “Imperfect again!! Exphion preserve me or Aneksheram Take me! I’ll never make the perfect blade to combat The Dark Wizard King.”

”Your forefather was 18 around this time. It’s.. hard to remember without some help as it was ages ago. He was forging what would be the first sword vessel for a certain dragon you hold now.” Beltharion explained knowingly. ”It was another age though. An age in which a prominent Noble who studied magic turned to Dark Magic to begin a campaign of War, Conquering and Despair.”

”That’s a line from the story Mother used to tell me about Zankora to put the fear of him in me at night.” Cain remarked, watching his ancestor skulk angrily. ”What is he mad about?”

”His frustration is based upon him trying to counter Zankora’s magic. Three times he tried. Three times he failed. After the third he was giving up.”

”But he didn’t. He eventually created the First Runeblade with your help then vanquish him.” Cain interjected.

”Yes, But Zankora placed a reincarnation curse on himself, this you know. And has been plotting revenge ever since with each new life he lives.” Beltharion replied. ”So you know one thing yet not the other. But there is more to this tale. I said this was your origins. Anyway as I was saying, Your Forefather, Mikael was angry and dejected.”

“Every time I try it gets maddeningly harder...” Mikael Azura was then interrupted by a Demon leaping out at him and severely attacking him. Desperately he grabbed a black rock and struck the demon before grabbing a chain to bind it and prepare to defeat it. “Tell me your name! And why you attacked!”

“I was once a strong demon, now a waste of space amongst my kind. End me!” The demon shouted. Mikael, shocked by the sudden acceptance of defeat sighed frustratingly.

“Well... blast it. I can’t even beat a demon right. I’ll give you food if you leave me alone, deal? What’s your name anyhow?” The young man asked the demon.

“My Master called me Caliban. I was once known as the Fire Devil of Hate. But I was knocked out of power by an upstart. Coward.” The demon spat. “And I cant have some human just spare me and be indebted to him. Especially one who speaks of Exphion without even thanking her for possible divine inspiration.”

“Huh?” Mikael looked at the rock he used and discovered it was a shining piece of ore. “Holy... uhh Thank you?” He said towards the sky.

Caliban sighed. “Hopeless human... I should just escape but I’d better assist him...pay back his generosity.”

—End Flashback—

”You mean to tell me his Forge was heated by a demon?! Why are you telling me this?!” Cain demanded.

”Seek him and find out. I think the old demon is still living where the forge is... or was.. I cannot remember. Also he was a good person, Mikael I mean. Learn more about his life.”

(End dream)

Cain woke with a jolt and tried to check the time. It was now in the late afternoon. He groaned. “There goes my attempt to train...” he muttered as he looked at the special diet plan Draco made for him. “She wants me to eat what?!”

——

Meanwhile Fenrir was reading a manual about a form of Swordsmanship to brush up on any skills he’d want to use for his requip. Nodding and marking off pages to read for later he closed the book when he heard his half brother’s distressed yell. Chuckling he decided to go back to the guild hall and spend time checking on old friends.

By the time he got there, he discovered his Father and Natsu fighting...again. Shaking his head with a grin he settled down to scan the room for maybe a look for any of the old team he used to hang with. Finding only Glynda practicing her magic he only shrugged and decided to simply relax, for the time being.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:03 pm 

I am sorry if I haven't replied to your PMs but I can't view them at the moment. If you need to contact me, please use the chat room to do so. :)

Medals: 1
Gif Hunt Participant! (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Draco had walked back into the guild hall and saw Natsu and Gray fighting again, she shook her head and sat down at the nearest table, right next to Gajeel and Levy. Draco laid her head on the table and heard Levy say, "Draco, are you alright? You seem tired lately." Draco replied, "I'm fine, just got a few things to figure out that have been taking up some of my sleep time. I'm going to head out to train in a little bit." Levy seemed a bit skeptical but she didn't pry. Draco got up a few moments later and as she was passing Gajeel her vision went completely black as she fainted.

------------

Draco opened her eyes to see she was once again in the presence of Ahnkseram, and she soon realized what had happened. Draco said, "Really? You've been making me black out lately in the middle of the day." Draco was startled when Ahnkseram replied, "That was not my doing. You finished the spell." Draco laughed nervously, "Yeah, but I haven't cast it yet. What does that have to do with me blacking out randomly during the day?" Ahnkseram was silent for a moment and Draco started to feel a sudden dread, before he said, "You decended into the mortal realm to create a way for the curse I placed on Zeref to be lifted. Now that it's complete there is nothing keeping you there anymore. The day the Grand Magic Games ends will be the day that your life ends." Draco's eyes widened in horror as she spoke in quiet disbelief, "No... No, I haven't cast the spell yet. I was supposed to die once the spell was cast if I didn't find a way to keep myself from dying." Ahnkseram replied, "If you cast the spell before that day, you would die immediately afterwards. However, anyone with a large amount of magic can cast the spell you created, it doesn't have to specifically be you who casts it." Draco stared at the god in horror. She was going to die in only a few months? It was such a cruel reality.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30