All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bloody Shadows
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:25 am 
Savior

Medals: 4
Veteran Member (1) Supporter (3)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Nebb 01-20-2009 09:19 AM
The sound of water dripping grew louder with each step. Moisture gathered on walls and rails as the humidity from the sewers below filled the alleys with a cloud of mist, bringing up a dull stench of death and decay along with it.

Ariel walked the streets of Solace, shrouded in a cloak of invisibility. Alone… and content to be that way.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed some movement up ahead. Behind a scrapheap of empty boxes at the back entrance of a Chinese restaurant, nature was finding balance. Ariel paused for a moment, intent on reaffirming her beliefs. Ensuring she never didn’t accidently send a can flying, she neared the scene: A cat was stalking a sewer rat that had stopped for a midnight snack near the dumpster. She watched intent on perhaps learning something... The cat moved, but as and when the mouse did the same. She could see the concentration evident in its eyes as well as the complete control of its body. It didn’t need to practice; it didn’t need to make corrections. It was in control of its inner beast. Ariel felt the Beast within her stir and for a moment the cat looked her way, as if it sensed her presence nearby. The rat scurried away, but not before the cat noticed…pouncing at the exact same moment; ready all along. A squeal and an attempt at a fight, was all that was heard before the cat crunched down on the rat’s head. Arial watched as it licked its lips and started to bathe, after finishing the head, seemingly not interested in the rest… only the kill.

A light came on and a window opened up nearby. Leaning out of the window about two stories above them, Ariel noticed a girl, probably in her late twenties, with blond hair, looking down into the alley below. “Caramel… where are you boy?” she whispered, keeping her voice down so as not to wake the neighbours. The cat’s tail went up as it recognized its owners voice, jumping up against the dumpster and clambering up along the rear fire escape. Ariel could hear the purring from below as it reached the window of his home. She could also smell the dampness of its fur… and that of the dead rat. She pondered a moment... an assignment her Sire had given her...not her first, but… the first in a unique way… “Hunt the hunter. Kill the killer. Tonight, I will set you on the path.” His words echoed in her mind.

Looking down at the dead rat, she felt the hunger set upon her. Within minutes she had found food and fed.

“Time to hurry.” She thought to herself as she headed towards the Covenant building of the Ordo Dracul. Giving the bell a quick buzz she gave the street a quick glance to make sure she hadn’t been followed. A smartly dressed man opened the door, youthful and pale features but not a vampire.

“Good evening.” The young man greeted somberly; then recoiled almost instantly once she lifted her shawl to reveal herself, and the wound to her neck at that. Her menacing look she wore didn’t help either. She wondered for moment if the man would run… others had done so on prior occasions.

“Good evening. My name is Ariel, I believe I am expected.” She said as politely as she could manage.

“Yes… I mean,… Of course!… follow me….please. Derrin. My name that is. Derrin’s my name.” he stammered as he led her to a small waiting room adjacent to the entrance. With a backwards glance the young man sprinted off to find a senior member of the Order.

From there on in, the evening proceeded much as anticipated. Interviewed by a Master in the Order and asked a wide range of questions that, as with other cities, she had answered so many times before, on so many previous occasions. Her reasons for being in the city, news from back home and of course, how could they get hold of her. She had also been asked to deliver a special package by hand to the Order, which she then handed over. The Master simply nodded as he received the wooden box that contained something incredibly heavy in it. She did not know what it was, and she didn’t really care. But it must have been of great value, as she could see the subtle but stern appearance of relief on the Masters face as he held the box in his hands. The meeting went pretty fast from here on in, the Master obviously wanting to get to spend some time with his new little toy. She had overheard one of the Order mention that the item was invaluable to the Order and the word artifact was thrown around… but such things never concerned her. Ariel was then questioned about her meeting with the Prince, to which she held back much, if not everything that had happened earlier that evening. She took care to cover up her wound, so as to not attract too many questions. Most of the Orders’ questions bored her to the point of tears, but the final question, the one she had been waiting for, the reason for her being in Solace, was also the only reason she had put up with the ‘interrogation’ to begin with:

“Are your services available?”

“Yes indeed.” She muttered softly.

“Very well, follow me.”

She was lead through a series of passageways until they got to what almost seemed to be an old hospital ward that had been converted into a dorm of sorts. “You may leave your things here. This haven is safe from the riff-raff and you can sleep here until you are on your feet again.”

Ariel was then lead to a back exit out of the Order, an almost completely abandoned alleyway, and given a business card. “Visit the address on the back of the card. Our handler there is Raymond Weiss. Furthermore, from now on forward, refrain from using the front entrance. This alley is watched from all sides and will provide you safe access to the Order. If you are ever followed, enter the alley but do not stop, instead pass by without even a glance. We monitor all activity surrounding the building and will take measures to help in any way we can.” He pointed to a few well hidden cameras’ to prove his point. “Failing that, there are sewer entrances on various points around this building that also stretch to this alley. In its hay day, this building use to be part of a fortress, after which it was converted into a hospital and even a bomb shelter. Much of it had been broken down due to building inspectors, but we’ve adapted and we now own most of the block. Please keep in mind that we cannot extend our hand of protection further than the confines of this building.”

“Thank you Master Loren.”
“It is our duty to mind over those of our order.” Muttered the Master in a tone that suggested the Order monitored their members very closely… maybe even more closely than was necessary.

Ariel didn’t need the work just yet, but her instincts were not what they should have been and she wondered back for a moment on how slow she had been to react to Memnoch’s attack.

Forgotten Wolf 02-20-2009 12:13 AM
The agents fell back with great haste in the confusion that followed the flash-bang using their entry point as their exit as well. Though the mission was ultimately a failure they still caused some casualties on the supernatural’s side. Though Shey had tried to cover him as best she could, Prince Enoch was now in torpor just like Aviose before him though Enoch’s body was half charred from the UV light. Memnoch wasn’t so lucky in finding cover and was now nothing more than ashes in the water and an outline on the wall. A few of the younger mages that came to help also were injured by retaliatory gunfire though the seriousness of the injuries was still unknown at the moment… There was also the matter of who would lead the vampires now…

As the reports of the failed mission came into the TFV Solace operation center, a transmission came in from TFV command calling for the immediate removal of the current commander from command of all Solace operations. Also the second in command (Annabell Whittaker) was to take over as acting commander of the Solace sector until further notice. There was also a tacked on warning to ensure TFV’s existence from the public at all costs and to keep the existence of supernaturals as quiet as possible… Obviously TFV HQ didn’t know how bad things in Solace were getting as of late.

Dherris barely knew what was going on, one moment he was helping Cutra and the next moment he was dragged along by the lady from the night before. He wasn’t sure what happened but as soon as she grabbed his hand he was in a daze as he was suddenly hit with a wave of desire that reduced his mind to simply ‘follow the pretty lady’.

It wasn’t until Cutra started stumbling away did something start nagging at his mind and shortly after Cutra had left did Dherris finally come to his senses a bit. He pulled away from Sasha trying to clear his head of the haze it was in. “Wait a minute… She can’t go back there… She’s still in bad shape.” Dherris said slowly as he began to pull himself out of the haze and start after Cutra. He stumbled and his hand went out to the wall to stop his fall, his claws making a scraping sound as they dragged on the wall for a second.

He took another step or two before he looked at his hand… claw and stared at it for a second before slowly turning around to look at the woman he had not a clue about other than she was great in bed. “Who are you?... and what did you do to me back there?” He shot accusingly at her though his body was calling out for something different. He used all his willpower to keep himself focused for the moment despite how difficult it was. Something was wrong; his gut was telling him that much but it might be just his body or soul being repulsed by the changes he had undergone.

Nebb 02-21-2009 12:36 PM
The loud bang still rung in Rowan’s ears as he saw the TFV soldiers struggle to their feet and head out the way they came. He only had a few seconds to react, but he made them count, if not for himself, then for those that lost their lives today… Rowan focused his mind on setting a trap up ahead for the TFV leader, pumping what manna he had left into into the spell to ensure it went off flawlessly.

Creating a portal and a portal key, he set the TFV leader as the trigger that would spring the trap and open a portal to his pocket realm, swallowing up the soldier. As it wasn’t an entirely complex spell, Rowan ensured that nothing other than the TFV leaders own body would go through, all clothing, weapons, and physically attached items would remain behind. The trap seemed effective, yet due to their retreat being so quick and the TFV soldiers huddling so close , two soldiers accidentally ran into the portal together with the TFV leader. Since their destination was Rowan’s pocket realm, to the TFV it would only seem that the lights had gone out… Rowan hadn’t planned for this, and their oxygen usage would only be about a minute, or two at most. “I’ll revive them if it means raising them from the dead.” anger brimming around the edges of Rowan's mind.

Seeing Xavier up and about dispatching soldiers again, Rowan had a second to concentrate. Using his attainment he strengthen the ties of loyalty and teamwork between himself and a straggler, an injured TFV team member who was trying to make his escape. Initially Rowan’s thoughts were to strengthen the bond between himself and the TFV leader, but since having lost so many to their merciless tactics, he'd decided it would be best for the Veil to interrogate the leader himself.

“Susceptors, report in.” a second later his mind was connected with those who guarded his secrets the closest.

The first Susceptor reported in: “We’re still scouring the rooftops trying to locate them. From this vantage point, we may catch a glimpse of them as they make their escape. I take it we have permission to intercept should we find them?”

“We've establishing a ‘tracking’ method but we'll need to be fairly close to employ it. But once we ‘tag’ them, there would be few who would understand the tracking mechanism, given the circumstances. We’re just waiting on your instructions as to how we should proceed.” another Susceptor reported.

Rowan’s head was pounding with calculations, and details about the attack and countermeasures he had to get the Veil to employ. The new Prince and his vassal dead. He hated being so unprepared. He hated it that the TFV got the drop on them, but what he hated even more, was the fact that they had little with which to fight back with. Direct magic was too dangerous in the open and the risk of involving sleepers was too high. There had to be another way…

A calmness overcame Rowan, as his ‘other’ personality slipped through to take over, as it did in times of immense stress. It was no so much a survival instinct as it was Rowan’s true personality coming a fore. Not many could bare the weight of it, devastatingly devious and cruel as it was: “Remain on the rooftops and stay hidden. Ensure your men are adequately armed. If you spot any of them, report back immediately.” “The rest of you, stay put. Once we have the enemy in our sights, I'll report the location and you can ‘tag’ as many of them as you can. Destroy their vehicles if you get a chance, I want them on foot and fighting tooth and nail to make their escape. In the mean time inform SWAT of their attack." 'They wanted bloodshed, now let us see how they enjoy taking down some of their own.' Rowan thought to himself.

The first group of mages kept their eyes peeled for any activity below, while the second group readied themselves for a moments notice, ensuring they had sufficient body armour and protection spells to protect them. Lastly the third group, the Veil's 'think tank' communicated to the local authorities once more and ensured SWAT was on route. Since the Mage headquaters had now been secured, partially anyway, they advised SWAT to continue patrolling the streets surrounding the building and that once any information reaches them, they'd notify them immediately as to the location of the terrorists.

In the mean time Rowan disappeared from beneath the sewers and reappeared in one of the Veil’s secret chambers. Part of the Guardian's labyrinth, this area was occasionally used to weed out impostors and extract information, and that was exactly what Rowan had in mind.

I am the darkness that surrounds me, I am the air that surrounds me, I am the land that hides me, I wait to strike, From the darkness, I wait to kill, From out of thin air, I am invisible, And I am silent death. Prayer of Invisibility from The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:26 am 
Savior

Nebb 02-25-2009 11:45 AM
Xavier looked up from the flash to find one of the vampires missing. One moment Memnoch was there, a formidable force of destruction, the next he was gone, an mere outline on the wall. The Prince had only fared slightly better. "They know a lot more about our kind than we give them credit for..." he thought to himself.

Seeing the TFV soldiers hastily retreating the way they came, an idea came to mind. Grabbing a dead TFV soldier, who'd suffered a broken neck, he dragged the body behind some of the fallen cement, using it as cover. Digging through his pockets he found nothing to identify the man. Removing the soldiers gloves, a tanned outline on the ring finger revealed that the man was married. A thought crossed Xavier's mind: "Black ops maybe..." He quickly removed the man's helmet and shirt, then boots and trousers. He had problems removing the trousers as 'rigor mortis' was starting to set in. Spotting the last retreating soldier turn the corner, he managed to quickly exchange trousers. Keeping only his mobile phone, he tied his new boots and stood up from behind cover, shouting to Rowan: "I'm going after them." but Rowan seemed to ignore him, and simply vanished from sight. "Perfect... why is it that the Veil is never around when you actually need them..."

Placing the helmet on his, he headed down the sewer, still trying to climb into the jacket and body armour as the tried to catch up with the soldier again. He lost sight of the soldier twice again after that, but managed to find him again by the blood trail he was leaving behind. It wasn't until a few turns later, that he found the soldier, trying to catch his breath against the wall. He waited for a moment, then continued following the soldier to what seemed to be an exit up ahead. He could see soldiers climbing up a ladder in the distance. Xavier's shoulder had started bleeding again, mainly due to exertion, and even though the blood loss wasn't significant, his sleeve had turned red, making his injuries seem a lot worse than they were.

Stopping for a moment, he realized he was standing up a very nice lady tonight and that, short of getting killed, he'd probably wouldn't make it to the restaurant in time.

"I guess she'll be the one to take a cold shower this time." he smirked to himself, as he came up behind the soldier he was following, and lifting the soldiers arm over his shoulder, supported some of his weight.

Activating his attainments as a precautionary measure, he couldn't help but wonder if this was plan wasn't going to backfire on him...

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained... as they say."

Scambo 02-25-2009 08:56 PM
Lights exploded up ahead, flashing through the darkness and casting long shadows. Jack leapt past the lumbering Bear, landing within the tunnel in time to see soldiers retreating amongst sunflare flash-bangs and grenades. Pushing his way past the huddled forms of the supernaturals, coming to a halt beside Shey. He couldn't see who she huddled over and held on to, but he could tell whoever it was was in pain. Kneeling he whispered in her ear in hoarse, rapid sentences.

"I'm going after them! I'll be right back, don't wait for me!" He ran off, feet rising above the waters of the sewer, allowing him to glide across the surface. Leaping upward and through the hole created by the fleeing assassins, Jack glided forward, several inches off the ground and skating on air to eliminate any noise, he took cover in the shady confines of a dark alley and put a hand to the ground. He let magic flow freely from his fingers, reaching outward in shining tendrils, snaking their way through ground like ghosts. He focused and found what he was looking for. The rapid, rhythmic vibrations of people running. The direction fixed in his mind Jack moved through the alley ways, like a shadow, invisible and leaving no trace in his wake. Jack slipped through the complex maze of urban back streets until the fleeting forms of the retreating soldiers came into view. Carefully, he glided from cover to cover, always making sure that he kept them in sight and not the other way around. He was leaning around the corner of a store when he sensed rather than heard the foot-steps behind him. Whirling, Jack lifted his hand and pushed a stasis field forward just in time to halt the flight of two tazer prongs that had been launched at him. With a jerk he wrenched the tazers out of the agents' hands and launched cable thick weaves of Force at them, meant to lift and toss them off to the side. The golden mana connected with the agents, but instead of engulfing them and gripping them, it flowed around them, as though something was repelling it. This was time enough for the two to free their pistols and raise them to his face. Wrenching a hand free, he gripped a nearby dumpster and flicked it at them, catching both agents. The scuffle of boots on concrete, and Jack had only time to look over his shoulder before he felt tazer prongs pierce his back and wondered absently what was going to happen when the shock coursed through his body and he went limp.

sixshot 02-27-2009 05:30 PM
"Sir, everything has been arranged just as you requested. The Prince should be dead within only a few minutes. His bodyguard called for assistance approximately ten minutes ago, our men are holding their current position and have not entered the sewers so the prince is on his own." The Vampire was sitting in a church confessional speaking softly while leaning against the mesh between himself and his conversational partner.

The door on the right slowly slid open to reveal the vampire inside step out and into the open. His tall slender body was unique amongst the common humans that currently innhabited the church and though he stuck out slightly from the crowd he remained un-noticed. His soldier stepped from the confessional as he was already half way to the door. His long slow strides gave the soldier plenty of time to catch up, something he did just as the two reached the heavy front doors and together pushed them open.

Once out into the night air the soldier turned to the man wearing a dark suit with white shirt and asked, "Sir, Where are you going?"

"I'm going to claim my rightful place, as the Prince of Vampires." The spaniard's face smirked after he spoke. He continued to step slowly down the concrete stairs that led to the church doors.

When they reached the bottom the soldier stopped and dropped to a knee while bowing his head. "Miguel De Dios Otero Antormarchi, I hail you as my Prince."

I am the darkness that surrounds me, I am the air that surrounds me, I am the land that hides me, I wait to strike, From the darkness, I wait to kill, From out of thin air, I am invisible, And I am silent death. Prayer of Invisibility from The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:26 am 
Savior

eferhilda 03-05-2009 11:57 AM
Shey was holding Ethon licking his face and chest gently of the blood there, the rage and desire to fight lost to her now as she surveyed the destruction about her. Despite her best efforts the prince was put in that sleep state just like the other prince, it was like being a prince here was a curse of some kind. Whining she looked about the destruction and was beginning to feel drained and just tired of the whole damn thing when a familiar scent came to her nose which made her perk her ears and turn as Jack came into view, his comforting scent filling her nose and blocking out everything else in the room; his voice feeling like a gentle caress on her body, only for it to all be gone too fast and too soon for her need. Growling in frustration and worry now for her mate she locked eyes with Bear who had been murmuring comforting words down to his best friend who was smiling weakly, yet it was obvious he was in pain, “Go after him! He is still your responsibility to protect!” she snapped to Bear who nodded and got to his feet and took off running after Jack. He had figured on catching up to him in no time, but it would seem that the mage was strong enough to use his magic once again and was using it to make himself move faster than a normal human. Grumbling a bit in annoyance he increased his speed only to come to a stop outside of the building in time to watch Jack get loaded into the back of a van, “Fuck! Shey is going to kill me! And then the rest of the city as she goes on a search to find him.” Bear grumbles as he combs his fingers back through his hair before punching a good sized hold into the side of a building, then turning he went back to help Shey with Ethon and to break the news to her about Jack.

Sasha sighed as she looked Dherris, “I have done nothing to you that you have not already started yourself.” She approaches him slowly as she used just a tiny bit of her powers to make him listen to her and be more trusting. “Look at yourself.....none of those out there will ever accept you or try to help you with what you are becoming. They will kill you on sight to prevent the taint of your soul from advancing…” more of her powers to make him see the logic in her words. “I on the other hand can help you, can teach you to control what is happening to you so that you can make yourself look normal and not be an outcast from your own kind….” More of her powers as she steps a bit closer to him, “I can teach you in such a way that the others will see the error of their ways in banishing you in the first place, make them see that you are equal if not more powerful than all of them combined.” She reached out slowly and cups the side of his face tilting it and having him look into her eyes, “Only I can help you in this. Without me you will continue to change and warp yourselves until you are no longer anything but a monster. Come with me and you will see things that you have only ever dreamed of…..” her tone coaxing and gentle as she leaned close enough to kiss him but stopping till their lips were just out of reach of each other, to give him the ability to seal the deal between them.

Shey was finishing with a crude bandage for Ethon so that she could move him when she heard and smelled Bear but not Jack, fear leapt into her throat as she turned to look into his soft gentle brown eyes and seeing the regret and remorse in them. Lips pulling back from her teeth she felt herself beginning to tremble as hot tears of rage and pain rolled down her face and through her thick fur. Throwing back her head she howled out these emotions as she felt as if her very soul was being torn from her with the absence of her mate and love; as she felt what tiny bit of anything normal and safe get snatched away from her before she even had a chance to fully experience it. When the howl finally died out she lowered her head closing her eyes as she breathed deeply and slowly, her mind a mass of chaos and confusion as she tried to think about what to do when a the feel of a small hand on her muzzle opened her eyes making her look down into Ethon’s eyes. “Go after him. I will send Bear and a few others to back you when I get back to the pack. Go get back your mate and my Alpha.” He said with a determined look in his eyes as he nodded his head in a determination to her. Bear came and knelt beside her, “I will take care of him and then be there are your back before you know it. But you need to go now or you will lose their scent and then we might lose him forever.” his deep voice seeming to break even further through her chaos clouded mind. Taking a deep breath, giving Ethon one more lick of affection, then nuzzling Bear in the shoulder she stood nodding to them before she dropped to all four and took after the man whose love had become the beacon for her in the darkest times of her life. Soon those who took him would be sorry beyond measure for doing so……

Bear stood for a moment as he watched his Alpha run off into the night and take after her mate, sighing he went to Ethon and lifted him up gently in his powerful arms as he began to pick his way through the debris only to stop as he came to a wounded Cutra, "You should come with us. Its not safe for you here." his deep voice gentle, "We can protect you till you are healed. I can even carry you if need be...." he says to her as he offers her a friendly smile.

Wolf 03-08-2009 01:52 PM
Leon sat at the head of the table. His black leather button coat giving of the aroma of death hung on the back of his chair. Apparent, he wore his black button up business long sleeve shirt with a black v-neck t-shirt underneath, somewhat fitted. His pants of the same color, comfortable material but still professional looking. He wore a antique ring with a red gem in the middle, on his right ring finger; the symbol of the Alpha among the City Lords. Anyone else would just note it as a ring. To the other lycans of his pack, he was the boss.

At the nice wood table sat 5 others. To the left of him down the table, Kane, who was in charge of the survellience of the building. He had grey fur as a wolf, but wore darker, slimer clothing with dark brown short hair. To his left, Stephanie, in control of the security. Ironically, she possessed white fur with darker spots here and there such as in her mane or stomach. As a human she wore stunning clothing. Tight black pants with a black tank top covered by an unbuttoned soat, fitted for a woman of her size. Blonde hair tied up covered her head. To Leon's right was Mouse, or at least that's what he wished to go by. His real name was Matthew Alexandre, younger. His fur was black as well, but his clothing more casual as he was in charge of human relations. His hair very short and styled, causing it to look black. If something happened between a Lycan and a Human, he was the person you would talk to. He was smart. Very smart. To his right sat Ra, another one who wished to be called something different than his real name; Brandon. He was in charge of Leon's security. The body guards. He was a big man, hence his nick name. His fur was a auburn brown, not to be taken lightly though. As a human, he wore a black suit, black tie, black slacks, his head shaved.

Across from Leon at the other end of the table was Haden; Alpha female. She wore a very nice black top with black lace from the v-neck styling of her shirt, which was knitted to a black undershirt. She wore a fitted dark skirt. It was hard to tell what color it was. In one light it was navy blue but in another it was deep purple. Her long, black hair tied up into a bun.

Leon took a drag from his cigarette at the table located in the heart of the building where the pack occupied. In one room was a nursery for the "babies", another room was entirely surveilience, with a back up room secretely stashed somewhere else in the building. Another was a loung area. Bedrooms, one master for the Alphas and specific rooms for the other four, with other random rooms. A basement which held training equipment, etc. Also a bunker underneath the basement. They were like the mafia of the city, only worse but better in different ways.

"Well..." He asked, pulling the cig away and releasing smoke while speaking. "What do we do about the current situation between the packs, vamps, and humans? Many will not go back to their homes ever again."

((OOC - I have to leave it at that. I'll speak for all my Lycans and I'll determine a color for each character and I'll post it. Again, sorry it took so long >.o;; ))

Ladypuppet 03-10-2009 11:11 AM
*Cutra had slide down the wall, her eyes were closed and her breathing was slow and strained. Though Dherris had healed most of her wounds it didn’t seem to be enough since pain still shot throughout her body. She was just using her hearing as she heard someone or something approach her soon water spun in a flurry around her as it to protect her but the current was weak and could not hold anyone off. Whoever it was could easily walk trough it maybe even a young child if they could take on the stream of water.*

*She opened one eye weakly as she pushed herself off of the ground and leaned against the wall heavily. Looking the man looked of that as a Lycan. Dherris, had gone with whorish demon, she pushed that out of her mind, as pain pierced her heart she knew that they could never be and probably never would be. She didn’t immediately recognize bear until he spoke to her and she placed the voice to a face. The water fell quickly as a bee would after it had stung a creature and had died. She saw that another figure was in his arms. *

*She listened to him speak though she knew the words of which he spoke they didn’t make any sense to her. Looking over to him she pushed off the wall only to stumble forward a bit as she tried to find a happy spot for her body to be able to stand which she didn’t. She fell forward and landed on her knees, right at Bear’s feet, she shook violently as tears slide down her face, she felt weak, she couldn’t even stand much less walk how this had shamed her so.*

*Her gaze looked up and met his.* “I know that it is not safe, the mages the council, no one is safe, and I am un-able to protect my own kind anymore, what kind of leader am I?” *She asked no really expecting an answer, as she shook again, moving again she pushed herself up of the ground once more but leaned heavily on Bear know that he was close by. She saw that Ethon was in his arms, had he been injured in the fight? She thought to herself, what had happened to the other mages, vampires, and lycans? Had they made it out alive? All the questions with no answers moved and swirled in her head, as she was confused. Nodding to him Cutra leaned most of her weight on him, she was willing to go with him, though, and she was wearier about it seeing that mostly everyone had some type of grudge against, her even Shey. She didn’t know how they would take to her but Cutra gave a small nodded signifying that she would go with him, even if she only stayed a little while*

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:27 am 
Savior

Wolf 03-10-2009 12:26 PM

"Well?" Leon asked.

"Well we can't...cannot" Mouse slammed his fist on the table, "afford any incident involving our pack. With how out of control things seem to be with the humans and other packs, it's just--no."

When mouse wasn't interacting with the humans or other packs and was more comfortable in presence of his own pack, Mouse seemed to be more nervous and definitely had no way with words.

Leon tapped his cigarette to rid of the excess ashes.

"On the bright side," Stephanie began. "thanks to the humans we don't have to worry about the Black Rose Pack." She began laughing quietly, as the other wolves joined.

Leon slammed his fist to the table, causing the ashtray to jump and the other wolves to stop laughing. "What if that were our pack? HUH? Our children? Our family? Our home? WHAT IF IT WERE US?" He shouted more directed toward Stephanie. The five at the table lowered their gaze. Except one.

"Well, it wasn't our pack now was it?" Stephanie replied with acid melting the edges of each word.

Leon took the last drag of his cigarette before putting it out. The bags under his eyes that were fixated upon Stephanie, were covered by the smoke escaping his lips.

"Listen. We up the security. I'll be sure you're safe, sir."

Leon laughed. "Do you actually believe I am that concerned about my own safety? I WANT THIS PLACE SECURED! NOT ME!" He shouted again.

"I can do that." Kane began. "I'll be sure this place is inpenertrable." Kane said with confidence.

"We should get more scouts out on the streets." Haden spoke softly.

"Good good. Alright. Kane, get this place amped up. Stephanie...****ing get your **** together. Impress me. Ra, go ahead and amp up security with everyone here."

"What do I do?" Mouse asked.

"Get scouts out on the streets. You can convince them. But you ****ing be sure they don't cause anything, you got it?" Leon spoke loudly, seeing Mouse nod frantically. "Alright. Get the hell out of here." His last words rang as he stood up from the table and left. A few men followed Leon where ever he walked. His bodyguards. Haden had them also, but soon they all would.

He walked quickly through the building, his mind racing with frustration. Something that usually calmed him he decided to try again. He walked across the building to the nursery. He peered in through the glass wall of the play area of the nursery. He watched the toddlers play. He was the father of many of them, but was unable to care for them.

He watched as a sting came to his heart.

"Honey, come to bed." Haden said as she wrapped her arm around him, feeling his chest."

"You know how I can't sleep." He replied. He heard Haden sigh and leave, going upstairs. He watched as the toddlers were being gathered by their caretakers to go to bed. He would now venture the house, searching for anthing to occupy them until later.

(OOC - More of just a note for myself, but for anyone else as well. Kane grey surveillience / Stephanie white security / Mouse black / Ra brown Leon's guards / Haden red)

Scambo 03-13-2009 02:50 PM
There was motion, shifting, carrying. Grunts, orders, all in hushed, serious tones. Jack struggled beneath a heady wave of darkness. There was pain mostly, but something else....Overlapping were thick layers of...What felt like weaving through a pool filled with jelly. Drugs. Whatever they were, they were damn strong. It took him a while but finally, Jack was able to wriggle a bit within the crushing, drug induced lethargy. He could move, slightly. Small, precise motions. Toes at first, then fingers, and finally he shifted slightly, using his knees, he propped himself up on his side, breathing and motions restrained by thick bindings that wrapped about him. He heard boots on steel, plastic clicking and then a sharp blow rolled him back on his stomach, and he felt the sharp steel tip of a syringe plunging into his arm and then....nothing.

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
He stirred slowly, some time later. The soft infirmary mattress beneath him and the steady flow of the clear liquid in the IV attached to his arm gave him some measure of comfort. He started to push himself up, to try and get a measure of his surroundings when a white gloved hand gently pushed him back down. It was a woman, long, dark hair tied into a ponytail, white doctor's mask hanging limp at her neck.

"Whoa, easy there. You've taken quite a beating in the past couple of hours Agent....Jackson? According to the reports, those implants of yours must've crossed wires and thrown you about a bit. Nothing major, bruising but nothing broken. You'll be sore for a while, but thats about it." Grunting, he shifted himself in the bed.

"W...What?" Frowning, she picked up the chart at the foot of his bed and scanned it.

"Agent Ty Jackson. Fresh recruit huh? Its' too bad what happened. But, in this business getting roughed up a bit is preferable to getting disemboweled. L4 and L3 implants eh? That's some pretty heavy hardware to put in one Agent. At least, when it works anyway. Hopefully those egg-heads down at tech and research will get it sorted out soon."

"Fat chance." He said, sliding up a bit and getting a better look at the room he was in. It was stark white, in contrast to the chrome equipment scattered about, all immaculate and pristine. There were no windows, and the light was supplied by rows of small but bright bulbs mounted about the walls. Something wasn't right though, why the private treatment room?

"Hey doc. How come I'm not in general?"

"Those implants of yours make it dangerous to try anything in general. One crossed neuron or wayward twitch and BOOM. There goes half the lab. Don't worry, your going to be fine. You just need a more experienced staff thats all. Alright, I need to go. If you need anything just push that button and someone will come right away." Smiling, she turned and walked out the room's one door. Sighing, Ty nestled deeper into the bed, feeling drained and tired. Looking inside from the hidden window, the Colonel smiled. Turning to look at the doctor who had just walked, he clasped his hands behind his back.

"How is he?"

"Fine. The wipe looks like it worked, but without a thorough psych evaluation and maybe an MRI, I can't be certain. Are you sure you couldn't go deeper?"

"Not without damaging the memories pertaining to training and reflexive magic use. We can't risk disabling or altering those memories in any way, or else we lose our chance to study them and perhaps learn their weaknesses. Doctor, I'm assigning you to him specifically. The less people who see his insides, the better. You, Doctor Camden, Doctor Li, Graymen and I are the only ones who know what he really is and I intend to keep it that way. Of course, we'll have to keep the men in the dark, but they won't question it."

"I'm the best doctor here, wounded and injured men need me! Not some whackjob experiment of yours!"

"Thats exactly why your the one I'm assigning to him. This isn't open to discussion Sarah. I know you want to see what makes him tick as much as the rest of us." She frowned before sighing and palming her forehead.

"Fine. I don't know how the hell you managed to talk me and mom into this, but...Its hard to swallow. I mean, things that are supposed to be myths, legends, are real and whats worse, they're killing people."

"I know sweetie, I know. But that's the reason we're here, to keep them from doing anymore damage than they already have." She turned and walked away, heels clicking metronymically on the polished steel floors. Turning back to peer at the now sleeping Jack, the Colonel grinned again. They would win this war. It was only a matter of time.

Forgotten Wolf 03-13-2009 08:19 PM
“I have done nothing to you that you have not already started yourself.” She approaches him slowly as she used just a tiny bit of her powers to make him listen to her and be more trusting. “Look at yourself.....none of those out there will ever accept you or try to help you with what you are becoming. They will kill you on sight to prevent the taint of your soul from advancing…”

As her magic affected him, Dherris’ mind warred with itself. That’s not true… Cutra accepted me despite my transformation…

Then where is she now? She left you, ran from you…

SHUT UP! That’s not true… she has an obligation to the council.

Yeah, right. Keep believing that…

“I on the other hand can help you, can teach you to control what is happening to you so that you can make yourself look normal and not be an outcast from your own kind….”

I don’t need your help to look normal… I can do that on my own.

…For how long?

She steps a bit closer to him, “I can teach you in such a way that the others will see the error of their ways in banishing you in the first place, make them see that you are equal if not more powerful than all of them combined.”

A tempting offer…

But how would she be able to such a thing?

Who cares as long as these lessons mean she’ll be wearing less! His eyes were starting to glaze over as her magic began to sink deeper into him, he unconsciously licked his lips almost in anticipation.

She reached out slowly and cups the side of his face tilting it and having him look into her eyes, “Only I can help you in this. Without me you will continue to change and warp yourselves until you are no longer anything but a monster. Come with me and you will see things that you have only ever dreamed of…..” her tone coaxing and gentle as she leaned close enough to kiss him but stopping till their lips were just out of reach of each other, to give him the ability to seal the deal between them.

If her mere presence was almost too much before, then the addition of her scent at being so close was overpowering. Her touch was sending shivers of pleasure and flashes of memories of just the other night with her scorching through his brain. Did he really have a choice anymore, he didn’t know. All he knew was those lips seemed to hold the promise of both the bliss of heaven or hell but of which he couldn’t be certain. Still, the temptation was too much, the desire too strong and his restraint began to snap one thread at a time as his lips came closer to her. With the break of the final mental string of restraint, his lips embraced hers fully and possibly sealing his fate for the rest of eternity…

((OOC: I haven't heard anything from Velvet Grace so for the time being I guess TFV will still be an npc group mostly but not totally under my control until either Velvet or someone else takes the position))

The TFV commander looked over the recent reports about the raid and could only frown at the initial findings. Their loses were much greater than expected and it wasn’t until the last page that he found a glimmer of good new: the had captured two mages. One had tried to fight some agents in an alleyway but was eventually subdued. The other one had tried to sneak in amongst a bunch of agents but his lack of an ID chip gave him a way and he was captured slightly more smoothly than the other mage. It was then that the commander got an idea to possibly even the odds in this conflict.

Now a couple hours later he was waiting on the results of the mind wipes using chemicals TFV perfected for removing memory of their presence from the public though they still require injection. If all went well then they would have two powerful weapons in their hands. For now things were looking well for the first subject and all that was left was to wait and see how the second one turned out as well…

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:27 am 
Savior

Wolf 03-14-2009 12:54 AM
Leon had finished his work out in the basement, and had gone upstairs for a shower. He came back out, wearing different. clothing. White comfortable pants, looking of the scrub material but much more comfortable. A white v-neck shirt with a white button up long sleeve shirt with odd symbols stitched into the shirt in white. A french tri symbol was visible, as was a cross, wings, and other odd things.

He began walking through his building, his home, but saw someone coming toward him. Skiddish creature he was.

"S-Sir!" He saluted.
"Knock that **** off kid. You want me shot?"
He quickly dropped his salute. "S-S-Sorry sir!" He studdered even more now.

Leon got in his face.

"Who the hell are you working for right now?!"
"Ms. Natale!"
Stephanie. "Yes, what is it? ****ing spit it out kid!"
"She-well-there was a body found!"
"Where the hell is Stephanie?"
"Uh, this way!" He began walking very quickly.

Leon followed. When he realized where the kid was taking him, he shoved him out of the side.

"What the hell are you doing sending some idiot like him??" He shouted to Stephanie.
"Everyone else that was of use was busy, Leon."

He turned his cheek to glare at the kid, who was standing in the doorway, frozen solid with nervousness.

"Go down stairs, work out for three hours. Take a shower, then go to the library, grab the biggest book other than the dictionary, and ****ing read it until you're worth something. GO!"
He took off.
"So what the hell does he mean by 'found a body'?"
"You told Mouse to get scouts out there. Mouse came to me to organize the scouts and send them on their way, since I'm in charge of security. A scout radioed in that he found a human body out on 7th street alleyway. Looks like it wasn't normal."
"Wasn't normal as in, undetermined or by one of us?"
"No clue."
"darnit." He slammed his fist on the desk.
"I have the original scout and another scout waiting near by. No officials have discovered it.
"Getridofit." He mumbled, saying quickly.
"...What??"
"GET RID OF IT!"
"The body!?"
"YES! Send a doc over there to investigate it. You can't have two idiots telling you that it was abnormal. Get the ****ing doc out there to check the body out, then have them get rid of it. IMMIDIATELY!"
"But..."
"Get rid of it."

He walked away.

Nebb 03-14-2009 12:35 PM
Rowan, a dark figure in a somewhat empty room, paced slowly outside the three detention cells. This far down, the dampness and humidity was thick enough to swallow and any movement one made seemed an effort, even more so in the detention cells each TFV soldier inhabited. All the lights were off, except for those in the cells themselves. Leaning against a desk, arms crossed and not far from Rowan, was Carmichael. Carmichael specialized in the healing arts and was often called upon by the Veil during interrogations. His services would be sorely needed tonight. This area was unknown to everyone except himself and a select few. No signal could reach in or out, and at this depth, the area itself was isolated from pretty much everything and any one.

Having left the three men longer in his pocket realm than was actually necessary, Rowan dropped each soldier in turn into a cell. The soldiers were still passed out as they hit the cold, damp concrete of their cells. With the help of Carmichael, Rowan tied each to a medical bed, securing the leather straps. The final TFV soldier almost didn't make it, having been left behind in the pocket realm too long, he had turned blue from the lack of oxygen. Fortunately Carmichael managed to resuscitate him. After they were all strapped in, Carmichael injected them with a strong tranquilizer and proceeded removing all foreign object that weren't wired directly to the brain. The beauty of the tranquilizer was the fact that it put the mind into an Delta state almost immediately, instead of knocking the victim out like many others.

Rowan entered the TFV leader's cell dragging a chair behind him. The room was small and stuffy and the ceiling light swaying from left to right as he closed the door. Rowan's face held a blank expression, his appearance actually quite ghastly from the blood that had dried and caked down the one side of his face.

Sitting his chair next to the bed, he placed his hand against the TFV leaders head. Almost a full minute passed before he begun casting the spell. Rowan sat down and took a deep breath, releasing it slowly. In his minds eye, Rowan recreated the scene of the TFV agents attack in the sewers. With intense complexity and precision, he detailed all the soldiers, council members, Vampires and Lycan's. Rowan chose this point as the start of the dream and the TFV leader was drawn into it, filling it with his thoughts and memories. The scene continued from where the flashbang had gone off and Rowan followed the TFV leaders every move, directing the scene every now and then to ensured it stayed on track. As he did this he listened intently as to what the leader was thinking, taking notes. Soon he would know all he needed to know.

Wolf 03-16-2009 12:38 AM
Leon paced the building as he thought of what could have happened. He waited for the return of his doctor to inform Leon of what had happened.

"Leon..." A feminine voice called for him.
"What?" He quickly turned. "And?" He asked his doctor who had just entered.
"It...it doesn't look good."
"I know, they died. Holy father, amen." He mocked at the Soap Opera scenario.
"It was by a Lycan it looks like."
"Looks like!? How are you not sure?"
"The wounds look as though by a Lycan, but the lacerations are too...clean."
"Too shart of claws?"
"Correct."
This struck odd with Leon, as the Lycan's claws were thick and hard, unattended to, as the vampires had nice, manicured like claws, sharp and thin.
"How much so did it look like one of ours?"
"Very much so." She answered him.
"And, what is your opinion."
"I don't think it's Lycan."
"Did you dispose of it?"
"....yes.." She hesitated, knowing that doing what they had done to that body would bring total chaos among their pack.
"I will not ask how. I heard what I needed to hear. You are dismissed."

She nodded, before leaving Leon to be.

"So, either one of us are running a muck, or the vamps are trying to set us up." He declared.

"Stephanie!" He shouted.
"Yeah?" Echoed back to him.
"Get more scouts out. I want twice as much as there were, not enough to make a scene." He demanded.
"Roger."

Leon stood as many 'younger' lycans passed him, upon the overhead speech by Stephanie, that rang through the body of the building. He stood there in silence as they caused a whirlwind.

He went upstairs and out onto the balcony. He looked over the city...his city. He grabbed another cigarette and lit it up, taking a long drag as he looked down, seeing more scouts rush the streets from various exits of the mansion.

"Will you please come to bed..?" Her warm arm slid down his chest from his shoulder. Haden, his alpha female.
"There is too much going on."
"And what can you do about it? You have your scouts, now come to bed." He began kissing his neck.
"No."
"Please...?" She continued to make it nearly irresistable.
"After this." He showed his cigarette, feeling her grin on his neck.
"What's going to happen to us?" She asked gently. She typically wouldn't be this kind around the others. She was vulnerable.
"Nothing. We'll be fine."

He put out the cigarette, as she grabbed his hand and drug him into the master bedroom, where whatever happened, would happen.

eferhilda 03-17-2009 10:49 PM
Bear smiled kindly to Cutra and shifted his hold on Ethon so that he was holding the other male easily with one arm as he bent down a bit and scooped the slight build of Cutra into his other arm, “Do not worry now. I won’t let anything happen to you, to either of you.” He whispers softly to the pair in his arms as he exited the destroyed chambers and headed for the streets once more, the sounds of sirens approaching let him know that he did not have much time to get the two in his arms to safety so he moved faster managing to find cover in the dark alley of two buildings before the city officials arrived. Standing there shadowed in the alley he watched as the cops and firemen searched the building for survivors, then watched as the news crew fed back the bullshit story the cops gave them about some exploding gas main or something; anything to cover up the truth. Bear sighed, that was the way that it had to be to keep the humans safe in their own little world so that they could all sleep at night and not know that the monsters from their nightmares were alive and some of them did hunt them. Yet now these humans who thought they were helping their kind were actually bringing more attention and stirring up the nest of bees that was going to end up stinging everyone involved in the whole mess. He knew that when they took Shey’s mate after nearly destroying the pack they had basically covered themselves with honey now and were taunting the largest bee in the world to come out and sting them.

Adjusting his two precious bundles a bit in his arms to make sure they were more comfortable he turned into the shadows and headed toward home, to insure the two of them got the care they needed. Though as he traveled the thoughts of what the future would hold now weighed heavily on the mind of the giant of a man as he steadily made his way through the city like some kind of giant silent ghost till his footfalls finally found him on the edge of their territory where he was greeted by a few of his pack mates who he quickly gave Ethon to as he adjusted his hold on Cutra so that she was like a child cradled in his arms. “So tell me….have you ever slept in the den of a wolf before?” he asked her in a somewhat teasing tone as he hoped to ease her worries a bit with some humor.

Sasha gloated inwardly as she watched and felt the change in Dherris as he gave into her, his lips meeting her own thus allowing her to give him a fuller and heavier does of her powers, binding him even more so to her. The kiss quickly became heated and soon she had to force him off of her though she was reluctant to do so, “Let’s get back to your place so we can begin your lessons.” She whispered into his ear before she gave it a slow lick then taking hold of his hand she lead him the rest of the way of that destroyed place and back onto the streets heading back to his place where his new life was about to begin.

Panic and anger were Shey’s best friends now as she fought to stay on the trail even as it became fainter and she had to hide more and more as they got into the more populated areas of the city. “Hold on Jack….I’m coming for you…..” she says aloud to herself hoping that somewhere somehow he was able to hear her words or at the very least feel them and know them to be true and that he was not forgotten and they would soon be in each other’s arms once again.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:28 am 
Savior

Nebb 04-03-2009 08:13 AM
His opponent was standing in front of him weilding his épée like only an expert could. Older and taller than himself, he had a considerable longer reach that made getting up close rather difficult. To make matters worse, the guy was left handed. "But I am faster than this old man." he thought to himself.

He feigned an attack and watched as his opponent flowing footwork follow almost a rythmic beat as he evaded the attack gracefully. He smiled to himself, as the footwork reminded him of a crab for some reason. Brushing the thought away, he waited for that same rhythm to move his opponent's weight onto his front foot, then lunged deeper at his opponent. Going low to as to lure his opponent into an attack, he tipped his epee so as to strike at the underside of his opponents arm. But his opponent wasn't falling for the ploy, and sidestepped maintaining his balance, and jumped back out of harms way.

"Oh come on, you can't keep running away." he smirked to his opponent, who didn't seemed phased by his comments. As a matter of fact, he noticed that his opponent seemed incredibly calm and collected during the entire duel, never putting a foot wrong. Frustration turned to anger as he noticed the opponent wink at him through the mask.

Almost immediately he could feel beads of sweat running down his back intensify, his mask felt like it was covered with celephane. His opponent on the other hand seemed to moving around playfully and feigned an attack to scored another point. "Dammit! Why can't I seem to land any hits on this guy?! One more point and it's over for me." he thought to himself. Gripping the hilt of the blade right at the end, sacrificing accuracy for reach, he changed his stance to a defensive one. He rarely used this technique, but if he was to win this, he'd have to do better than he was. His opponent noticed the change in stance almost immediately, and matched his defensive stance, with another defensive stance.

"What is this guy playing at?" he wondered.
Their blades touched for a second and he was about to send off a sly remark, when in a flash his opponent struck. The force of the attack almost sent his epee flying out of his hand, and he barely managed to hold onto it. "Another flaw of the technique." he thought to himself. He wondered why in the final moments of the duel, he was now deciding to change his tactics. His attacker, was pummeling him, but none of the attacks were actually aimed at anything other than his blade. It was almost as if he was trying to lure him into doing something... "But what?"

As his opponents blade swung across his view, landing square on his blade, he noticed something about the angle of his opponent's attack, something he never noticed before. Every time he attacked, he dropped his leading shoulder. Waited for it to happen again, he struck hard and fast, instinctively. As he did, he realized - too late - that 'this' was what his opponent was waiting for. "****." As his blade was about to touch his opponents shoulder, he lifted it, allowing the blade to slide through underneath his arm. As the counter-attacked came, his opponent also inventively closed the gap between his arm and his torso by twisted slightly to the side, which prevented the blade from being withdrawn as his opponent made his attack. It was a grey area in the rules, and since it used back in the day when a gauntlet or cloak was used during sword fights, some overlooked it. The judges though, didn't seem to notice it, maybe due to them being old school themselves, or possibly because they were sitting almost 18 feet away.

"Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt" came the sound of the buzzer as the tip of his opponent's blade landed square underneath his chin.
Without thinking clearly, he knocked the blade away from his face and kicked his opponent backwards. Sliding back, his opponent smiled as he had expecting it. As the referee try to intervene, the opponent kicked him behind the knees, brining him down to the ground in an instant, then stepped back and bowed as if to say: "So you wanted to do this, so lets dance." Using him as a platform, he lunged through the air at the opponent. As he did this he summoned everything he had, all his anger and all his frustrations, focusing it into the tip of his blade. He didn't know why he was doing this, except that he knew it would give him an edge. He aimed the point at this enemy and unleashed a series of blows that would have left any ordinary man injured. Their blades collided with such a force the entire hall was immediately silenced by the sounds of the blades scraping off each other. As his blade landed on the other, he could feel something eminating from his opponent's blade... a energy of sorts. He focused on it with every last ounce of his will, he brought his blade down onto his enemy's head. His opponent blocked it and the last thing that flashed past his eyes was blinding blue light...

----------------------------------------
"Hold him down, he's having some sort of reaction to the meds."
"Impossible, his on enough tranquilizers to put down a horse!"
"I'm telling you he's waking up, get me another tranq!"
"If he dies from..."
"Oh shut up and just give me the ****ing needle! .... There, that should quiet him down. Now where is Micheal...?"
"He was right here.... oh my God. Micheal, are you okay. Jesus Mother of Mary, he's....dead... "
The sound of someone emptying his stomach filled the room...
-------------------------------------------

Opening his eyes, the bright lights of the hospital room caused tears to start flowing. He tried to focus on someone or something in the room, everything still a blur. "What happened...?" he asked but nobody responded. Rubbing his eyes, he found he had a very familiar taste in his mouth, it reminded him of having had his wisdom teeth removed, except he couldn't remember exactly when this happened. "Tranquilizers.." the thought just popped into this mind. He could still feel its effects. He tried standing, but his legs couldn't carry him yet. He sat back down on the bed and waited for a minute, breathing deeply. It made him feel better, until a wave of nausea overcame him. Swallowing hard, he tried to keep his stomach from spilling out over the bed. It resided almost instantly. "Wa...." his throat was dry. "Ehem.... water...?" but nobody heard him. No suprise, he could barely hear himself... and the ringing in his ears didn't help either. He tried to stand again and stabilized himself against the bed, giving his head some time to recover from the sudden increase in blood pressure. He wasn't sure how he knew this, but he could still feel the effects of the drugs on his body and his kidneys felt swollen. Using the bed and nearby table he made his way to a curtain that partitioned him off from those around him. Peeping through the curtain, he saw all kinds of docters running around attending to military personel. Seeing his chart against the bed, he picked it up. All it had on it, was the names of a few doctor's and the words 'severe head trauma - under observation'.

Apparently his name was Charlie Kovac. "Man I must have hit my head harder than I thought, I can't remember any of this.... just bits and pieces..."

He could make out voices whispering and tried to hone in on them...
"Fine. I don't know how the hell you managed to talk me and mom into this, but...Its hard to swallow. I mean, things that are supposed to be myths, legends, are real and whats worse, they're killing people."
He leaned closer to hear more, but one of the patches holding the heart monitor clips disloged itself, sending the equipment in the room into a frenzy. Sitting back down on the bed, he removed the rest of the clips as he waited for the invetible rush of panic. A nurse came running with a defibrilator and almost fell over as she saw a well defined, half naked man staring at her, as if he had been waiting for her all along.

"Oh my God. Sorry... I just though with the amount of... I'll get the doctor."
"Yeah, you do that..." came the dry response...

Forgotten Wolf 04-07-2009 12:39 PM
“Sir, the other one has awakened.”

The commander nodded, “Good… Have the doctors give them their stories and then have them brought to the briefing room. Let’s try and do this quickly though, there’s the possibility that some of our men were captured in that attack and I’d like to change locations as quickly as possible.”

“Understood sir.”

The doctor came in to see ‘Charlie’ after a few minutes and went about professionally getting his chart before speaking to the confused man. “Glad to see you are awake Mr. Kovac, we thought you would be out longer. You took a decent blow to the head which we know caused you to become horribly disoriented, and we were forced to heavily sedate you for a while because you were threatening the well being of others with your abilities… Do you remember what happened?”

The doctor listened to Charlie’s reply before letting out one of those sighs that say ‘I was afraid of this’. “Looks like that hit did more damage than we thought… I guess I should try and bring you up to speed then. Your part of a special black ops unit which deals with dangerous supernaturals and works to keep there existence out of the normal citizen’s eyes. Currently you are in Solace and from what I understand you were injured in a recent raid that went bad.” The doctor stopped to let the man absorb all this, when someone knocked on the door frame of the room and gestured for the doctor to come over.

The doctor puts the chart back before following the other gentleman out into the hallway. Though there voices were kept down enough that Xavier/Charlie couldn’t hear what they were saying, the tone of voice used indicated they were probably arguing over something. In time though the arguing ended and the doctor returned with some annoyance on his face. “I’m afraid that they want you back on active duty despite your current condition.” The doctor shakes his head at the notion, “You’ll find a uniform for you in the closet and there will be a gentleman outside the door who will lead to where you need to go…” With his final words, doctor leaves the room to tend to other patients that he could handle.

Else where in another room, a similar seen played out with Jack and with both men they weren’t really given a choice in the matter.

The CO of the Solace TFV forces waited patiently in the briefing room for both men to arrive. Both were probably a bit confused to their whole situation and the fact that they were being put back into the field despite their ‘memory loss’. “Gentlemen, please take a seat. I am aware of your conditions but unfortunately things are growing worse by the minute and we cannot afford to keep you out of duty to recover. Here this might help clear up a few things.” He slides them each a folder contain basic information regarding the different supernatural entities they expect to run into in Solace as well as an overview of their service records in TFV that the intelligence department was able to put together to further the deception. “Both of you have special abilities that are rare to exist and even rarer to be accepted into our organization, it was probably this reason why you two were targeted specifically during the last raid. We were lucky to get you both out of there though it looks like the ‘mages’ might have gotten in your heads a little. Please be careful next time you encounter any ENE because a lot have the ability to mess with your minds and memories. Unfortunately we don’t have much time for questions or answers; we suspect some of our men were captured during the raid that put you two into the infirmary. So we are preparing to move locations but if they are able to find us before we’re ready to move then we’ll need every able body to help defend the base.”

The officer looked seriously at the two men with a somewhat grim appearance as well, “I know this is sudden but a lot of lives are at stake here. Not just this base but if we fail this entire city might be lost and who knows what might happen after that. I hope those files will answer enough of your questions until we have enough time and security to discuss this properly… Possibly see about you getting reassigned somewhere else or taken out of active duty till your memories return but for the moment we need everyone who can stand and fight.” The commander stands he looks at them before giving them a nod, “You’ve got a little time to review your files but once that time is up you’ll need to leave them behind because of security issues. Someone will be along shortly to take you to the armory to get your equipment and place you into a unit for guard duty or assisting in the evacuation.” He walks out his on door leaving the two men in the room with just themselves and a folder telling them what they were… Hopefully the plan would work.

Savior

Wolf 04-17-2009 10:55 AM
He was dressed and awake from the night before. He walked down the stairs of the mansion, seeing the casual commotion through out the holding.

"Sir...The woman had her babies." A lacky informed Leon.

With all of the commotion of the dead body found, he had forgotten about the pregnant woman that held puppies.

"How many?"
"Three. Two boys and one girl. All healthy."
"Good to hear. Give her my congratulations."
"Yes sir." And the young boy strode away happily to where the woman was held.

Leon manuvered through the house toward where he knew the conference room that they were at previously was. He knew another meeting would be called due to the findings the previous day. This time the doctor would be able to sit in on it.

He walked in and took his seat at the head of the long, mahogany table. It looked older than any of them, even smelled so, but wasn't. The wood had such an exquisite finish to it, that it was nearly impossible not to see your reflection.

"So, more trouble?" Mouse asked innocently.
"Apparently so. Doc, will you enlighten us." Leon nodded over to the doctor from yesterday who now held a covetted seat among the leaders of the pack.
"Alright." She turned her direction to the general area of each face. "There was a body found yesterday, as I am sure you are all aware of. The cause of death was from the deep lacerations severing the Brachial Artery. Also, the crown of his sternum was crushed to the point of piercing the Esophagus. Not only did he bleed to death, but also choked. It was a very vicious sight." She took a moment and a sigh, then continued. "It is in my opinion that this was not caused by a Lycan. The claws and agressiveness would allow one to assume it was for how delicate the vampires can be, but the damage made by claws are too clean, so to say, to be Lycan."

They all let that soak in for a moment.

"So, they're trying to set us up? Get us killed?" Stephanie asked.
"It seems that way."

A look of disappointment swept across most of the faces as they stared into the table.

"I want more watchers, Kane." Leon instructed his surveillence man to do. "I want some of your best out there, not only watching out for the vampires, but our own as well. Find if there is a reason why they are trying to set us up."

Kane nodded slowly.

Leon took a long drag from his cigarette and spoke softly, allowing the smoke to seep through his words.

"Well boys and girls, it seems as though we have a party to attend."

Savior

Scambo 04-19-2009 12:29 AM
Ty stirred briefly under the stark white sheets before casting them aside entirely, seeing for the first time the harsh white pads and monitors that lead back to the machines stationed about the room. With a yawn, he swung his legs over the side of the bed and let them dangle there, content to stretch and think for a moment. There were somethings that didn't add up. While sure, he could've taken a rough beating and be too dangerous for general admittance, but the room he was in didn't look too secure. Other than the lack of windows that was. He could hear voices floating in from the other side of the door, but they were hushed and distant, lost in the steady hum of the monitors and the general disinterest by Ty. There was a sharp whine followed by a steady screech from his heart rate monitor as he accidentally pried one of the plugs off of his bare chest. With a grin, he laid back down in the bed and shut his eyes.

He heard the door snap open and admit the doctor from before, only flustered and acting quickly. When she neared him, Ty snapped up and shouted, causing her to yelp and jump back. He laughed before hopping up from the bed, grinning like an idiot until he realized that he was standing stark naked before the doctor. Sighing and giving himself a face palm, Tyson sagged back onto the bed and covered himself with the ever irritating sheets.

"Hey, when you get the chance, hows' about hooking me up with some boxers?" By the time he was summoned to the meeting, Tyson was clothed, groomed and curious. Hopefully the CO would be able to fill in the blanks about what had happened." He snapped a salute and seated himself in one of the available chairs. There was another man there, looking just as confused as himself as the CO went about debriefing them. As the folders were passed across the table, he almost hesitated to look at his own.
What if....What if I don't like who I am? Ty dispelled the thought as he began leafing through the dossier.

Tyson Jackson. 28, 6"3, 245 lbs, blue eyes, black hair....Only son of Elizabeth and Ryan Jackson...Military family, with at least one male of each generation joining the Service....My dad was a Marine...Died overseas several years ago...I outta be sad but...Its hard to miss someone you can't remember...Six years with the marines before being recruited by the TFV where I qualified for augmentation...Although he recognized the pictures provided for his family and the rest of the information sounded true, there was an incessant nagging at the back of his mind, something warning him. About what, he had no idea, but about something for sure.

Barely fighting back a scowl, he pushed the file back into the center of the table. He was getting the feeling that it was going to be a loooong day...

Ladypuppet 04-29-2009 12:25 PM
*Cutra looked at the wolf as he had picked her up. She squeaked in surprise, her gaze wandered over to Ethon whom was the other person that Bear was now holding. Cutra had a slight look of relief on her face, but her body still stayed tense. She was still in a great deal of pain, and being carried didn’t help her much. Her body gave a shiver. At this point tears flowed down her eyes. Tears of hate of rage, she was so disappointed with herself, due to the fact she was unable to protect the other mages. Hell she couldn’t even protect herself, she gave a faint hiss of her displeasure.*

*She felt her eyes droop down her body needed sleep but she couldn’t go to sleep not now. No where was safe for her, or her kind? Dherris had falling to some ****ing; she figured she would never see him again. But why did she think that she would ever be able to love. After all the pain and misery she had put everyone around her through. Why would the gods if there were any of those damnable creatures let her love. It was an emotion that she didn’t deserve after all she had hated all life, and it had hated her.*

*She felt him move she closed her eyes her mind falling into a fitful sleep. One filled with demons, clawing at her body, ripping her mind and body apart. A soft groan erupted from her as questions swirled through out her head. The memories from her past flooding into her mind, her eyes twitched as if it looked like she was trying to look around her. Though she could not, it was like she had been put in a dream state. Soon she felt her body move waking her from her sleep; she coughed and looked up to him. They were still moving, she closed her eyes once more.*

*She soon felt them come to a complete stop she opened her eyes once more. She saw Bear hand Ethon to some of there clan, she figured they wouldn’t take to her well, she said nothing though. She heard Bear ask her a question it took her a few minutes to reply, and frowned at his humor it didn’t lift her sprits all that much.* “No I have not.” * She stated bluntly as she wiggled down at his arms, though she nearly collapsed she griped his arm that wasn’t her brightest idea but she leaned against him heavily. She looked down and away through out this place that these wolves called home. Other creatures she was unable to protect what had this world been coming to this worried her greatly as tears soon slipped down her cheeks as she cried silently, as she was unable to help them, she was the moros mage. Yet this entire people around her were dieing and there was nothing she could do about it this thought was extremely depressing to her.*

SeditiousAmbitions 05-17-2009 03:20 PM
Malachi walked along the streets of the city as the deeper hours of night crept into session. The bar flies and deviants became more prevalent as his footfalls carried him closer to the realm of the Kindred. An unlucky neophyte tried to rob him of his vitae and found out very quickly that age accounts for more than just wisdom. The blood memories of the disgusting excuse for a vampire gave Malachi more than enough information to continue his search for the council.

A broken streetlight on the next corner gave Malachi a sense of déjà vu. He was nearing the last leg of his journey. The neophyte had been privy to the location of not just a safe house but the headquarters of the city’s prince. Malachi was running over his plan of attack. The current prince would be fairly easy to sway into contentment given the state of things in the region. Once this was accomplished, Malachi would ascend to the position by draining the prince of every ounce of blood that he possessed. The thought brought a sardonic smile to his face. In truth, it was more of a masochistic sneer.

Malachi rounded the corner adorned by the broken lamp and continued on. He was merely a block and half away now. It was strange to him that he felt no presence on the street. There was no space vacated by the non-beating hearts between the mortals. This weighed heavier and heavier on his mind as he drew nearer to the target structure. Something had happened. Either the neophyte deceived him, which was impossible since blood doesn’t lie, or an event scared the coven into moving its main office elsewhere.

Malachi stopped. The double doors to his right atop a graceful stoop signified that he had arrived. The doors were battered and falling off the hinges. Obviously, something terrible, yet possibly wonderful had happened. Malachi moved up the steps and into the building. No lights, no movement, no… anything existed within these walls. There were strange marks and oddly placed blasts everywhere. A struggle took place here of large proportions.

Malachi moved around on the first floor then up to the second and found more of the same that the foyer offered. Room after room were destroyed, wrecked, and looted. He began to wonder what sorts of implications were hidden. The main room on the third floor was obviously the office of the prince. There was nothing left but some broken furniture crushed against the walls and a faint grey outline burnt into the floor. This is where Malachi placed his focus. The outline proved that the prince was dead but by what hand?

Malachi had years ago been allies with a pack of Garou and this did not strike him as that style of destruction. He had also known a few renegade mages throughout the years and as the memories became clearer and more abundant, the markings strewn throughout the townhouse began to trigger recognition. Mages obviously attacked the coven and from the evidence left behind; they were very successful. A rumble began low in Malachi’s throat. How was he supposed to take over the city if the vampires are all dead or if the remaining ones are in hiding?

“Fuck!”

Malachi roared at the top of his lungs allowing the windows to shake and the dust to rise. His hands clenched to fists and a slight breeze blew around the Methuselah. He slowed his energies and calmed himself back down. He was back to square zero. He walked a few rooms over and sat on the partial remains of a very elegant sofa and leaned back into its burnt fabric. His mind began to run over a list of alternatives and secondary options that he had somewhat given a bit of preliminary thought to. Softly, he said aloud.

“This city is mine.”

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:29 am 
Savior

Nebb 05-19-2009 03:31 PM
A warm wind blew through the city, filling the streets with a musty smell that reminded Ariel of summer in her hometown. She had been watching the Prince's mansion for the last few hours and had seen men wearing military clothing enter the building not even an hour before sunset.

Now, only a few hours later, hugging her legs and with her back to the wall, she watched as a vampire she had never seen before, walked up to the Prince's mansion and surveyed the area. From her vantage point she had a good view of the building, and since nobody but this lone vampire had dared approach it, her curiosity was already tickled. For the first time since sitting down just before sunset, Ariel consider moving in closer. Ordinarily she would not have even given a vampire entering the building another thought, but the beast within her writhed about unrelentingly. She silenced it with a force of will, else the vampire would sense her immediately.

She watched closely as the vampire entered the Prince's abandoned building. For a moment, she closed her eyes as she imagined exactly what the vampire might be seeing...

Not even two hours before, minutes before the sun had set, Ariel watched as men dressed in military uniform, broke into the Prince's mansion, with a look about them that told her nobody was leaving the building alive. Even from the darkened alley, the smell of gunpowder and the barely audible sound of a rifle compressor told her she was spot on.

Movement came from above her; "Not to shabby." she thought to herself as she heard the hushed voices of two men, coming from the abandoned first floor apartment of a motel that overlooked the Prince's mansion. These soldiers were better than she had first thought; two guards posted in front of the building being infiltrated, two more overlooking those; providing cover from the building across the road, and lastly two more, one covering the escape route and another manning the getaway vehicle.

Ariel tightened the leather strap on her shoulder, where it held an ornamental sword in place. Risking a few seconds of sun exposure, she covered her body as she crossed the alleyway and headed up the stairs to where the soldiers overlooked the infiltration of the Princes mansion. For the soldiers, finding a building to overlook the mansion was not difficult. The building itself was derelict and marked for destruction, hence entering it really just meant tearing one's way past the layers of orange tape with the words; "Do Not Enter" sprawled across it.

Standing directly behind the two soldiers, and seeing exactly what their eyes were seeing, Ariel witnessed the flashes of suppressor fire, as it broke through the windows of the mansion. The flashes moved from one room to the next, as the soldiers cleared their way through the building.

"Ground floor clear." came a voice through the one of the headsets. "Movement up ahead. UV grenade."

Opening her eyes again, Ariel saw the vampire's shape disappear deeper into the building. She looked down at the two bodies on the floor and slid from the shadows invisibly and down along the alleyway. Entering the building as she had done a few days earlier, the feeling of abandonment wore strong on her psyche, especially since the presence of the most formidable foe she'd every fought, was now nothing but a memory. Almost subconsciously, her hand reached for her neck, and she looked down at the moist colour of red on her fingers. "Another day at least to heal." she thought to herself, as she covered the scar with her shawl . She walked towards the door of the Prince's quarters and stood watching as the vampire traced the outline of a burnt shape with his eyes. He would not see her while she was hidden, and he would not sense her while she had the beast under control. Powerful as this vampire was, she suddenly wasn't in the mood for company, even if the company was as powerful as the Prince had been. Ariel turned and headed back the way she came. As she did this, a blood curdling roar came from behind her that sent her Beast rushing to the surface. Ariel had to suddenly fight for control, as her beast tore at her emotions with everything it had. It didn't want to be sedated, it no longer wanted control...it wanted blood, old blood. She quickly brought herself under control. "Is this what your years of training has taught you, to be a slave to a mere animal?" she asked herself, half dismissing the fact that she in fact was more dead than human and half denying her bestial nature.

There was no voice inside her that urged her to make a connection with this vampire. There was no feeling inside her that told her she needed to stay to revenge her Prince. For a moment she paused, undecided as to whether she wanted to be part of this city any longer. To anyone else the situation the city faced may have seemed dangerous, with possible dire consequences for any that remained behind. But to Ariel, thoughts like these never crossed her mind. Pain and death had always been around her, merely a path chosen for her. What she was seeking for was... beyond everyday life, beyond the everyday struggle for survival. She hadn't even realized it yet, but the next few steps she would take, would seal her fate for years to come.

Ariel was sure that by now the vampire had sensed her. It would not be long for an 'old one' to pick up the scent of one younger. She could mask many things, but she had been unprepared for the rage that emanated from the old one and her beast, still now, struggled within her. Any vampire lesser trained, would have risen to its challenge, but that was not her way. "And in any case..." she thought to herself. "Anyone who entered a Prince's chambers in this fashion surely wasn't there to take orders. No, he intended to be giving them..."

"Good evening." Ariel bowed slightly before entering the room. "My name is Ari'eil Nashiram." She watched and waited to gauge his reaction before continuing. Feeling confident he was not going to attack her, she continued.

"On behalf of the Ordo Dracul, I welcome you to Solace." As Ariel opened her mouth however, she begun struggling with her words. Whenever she felt the slightest bit of tension, her training taught her to empty the mind of all things and focus on being an effective killer. Unfortunately social etiquette was not her strong point, and realizing this made her uneasy. Uneasy made her tense, which unfortunately also made her clear her mind halting almost all non-instinctive thoughts, and usually ended up with her looking very menacing. She had to make an concerted effort not to actually take a battle stance.

"I have been seconded here by the Ordo Dracul to... assist the Order and the Prince in... in matters of... in matters relating to... well..." She breathed a sigh as she realized that she had just seriously botched her first impression. She had been lucky that the first impressions with the former Prince and her current Order Master had gone so off well as it did. But for her to display social graces twice in a row, much less in the same week, was a success she could never hope to repeat. "I'm sorry, I'm just not good with the song and dance as some are." Ariel managed a weak smile, realizing the humour of the situation.

Her shoulders dropped as she seemed to relax a little. "If you are looking for the Prince... he is... no longer." She wasn't sure if telling him anything more would elevate his mood, but she preferred being thorough: "I've heard speak of treachery by the Mages, but the Council Elders say that the Mages had no hand in the death of the Prince and his liege. In fact, even the weavers have lost a few of their own. The Council Elders gather to elect a new interim Prince, as a new threat has taken hold in the city."

Ariel looked around the room and noticed that everything had been ransacked. All the ornaments and paintings had been removed and almost nothing remained to show that the old Prince had been there. A feeling drifted along the void of her consciousness. She had felt this feeling many a time before in battle, but now it was also in this room as it had been a few days before. Change was coming.

SeditiousAmbitions 05-19-2009 05:14 PM
Malachi looked up sensing the presence of Kindred. He saw nothing at first but soon a female appeared within the door and began speaking. She must’ve been trying fairly hard to conceal herself if she was able to get so close to him without creating any evidence of her presence. Malachi smirked at this and allowed the girl to go on about her prior duties and shortcomings as a herald. His mind was already rolling over a thousand different possibilities and scenarios and calculating various paths and courses of action that he might choose. That was they way his mind worked and long ago he had learned the value of seeing seven sides to every six-sided figure.

Once Ariel had finished speaking, Malachi rose calmly. He looked her over for a moment and clasped his hands behind his back. With slow and soft steps he paced a bit closer to her and then back again. The tension she fought with her body revealed itself in her face. There was something difficult about talking to him that made her uneasy. This was peculiar in itself but would eventually make its purpose known. These types of hidden agendas or quirks always had ways of unraveling all on their own.

Malachi stopped some seven feet directly in front of Ariel. He spoke in soft tones but somehow made his voice resonate off the empty walls. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Ari’eil. I am Malachi.” His face drew up a pleasant countenance but not a smile. “My observations theorized much of what you have told me, but I am grateful for the confirmation. You needn’t be so formal. Not here, anyway. There is nothing but rubble, so if it eases you to speak plainly or gruffly, I will not mind.” He spun on his heel and walked in the same fashion as before to the window and looked down onto the street.

“Tell me, Ari’eil. Before this attack, was the coven of Solace strong? Did the Prince garter the respect of the city’s Children?” He turned around again and walked along the wall tracing the fingernails of his index and middle finger along the paint. His gaze went from the floor to her face. He noted the scarf around her neck but made a point to focus in on her gaze. “You’re quite the sneaky little girl, aren’t you? I must admit that I’m a bit impressed, Ari’eil. I wonder if I could retain your services for a while.” He had now come to be about three feet to her left and replaced his hand behind his back again. He leaned his shoulder against the wall and crossed the close foot over the other. He never broke his gaze and never blinked. He was not threatening or seducing but merely probing. Curiosity at its finest. “I am new to Solace, I could use a seasoned guide.” Malachi had toyed with the idea of invoking several disciplines to force her cooperation, but he had decided to use those only if necessary.

braioch8201 05-19-2009 08:57 PM
Enoch stood in the darkened alley. His eyes on his the rubble of his old home, the burns and marks on his body, deep wounds that seared him everytime he moved, still apparent, but considerably better than they had been. Now he could actually move without wanting to grit his teeth and scream, the pain was managable. It seems that the whole of the city had gone to bloody hell since he'd been on his little..."vacation."

The loss of Memnoch weighed heavily on him, the man hadn't made it through the blast, hell Enoch had barely managed it. Floating for who knows how long it some god forsaken place. When he'd finally got back to himself he'd found himself in a realm of excruciating pain. Only after summoning the last remnants of his strength did he find a victim and from that find a place to hide, only going out to feed and gain his strength. Eventually he'd been able to take a few weak vagrant fledglings. Only after a few doses of that and a couple drinks of stronger vampires had he managed this amount of strength. In all reality he'd found that his strength was back, but his body was still brittle, easily hurt, the wounds still needing more blood.

Nonetheless he wasn't going to sit around and let everything crash down around him. The other groups had made a mess of everything, and thank god his own kind had had the sense to avoid most of it. Hell they'd even evacuated the building, for the most part. His contact with them was hesitant, only contacting those that were loyal to him. They flanked him as it was, his own personal guard. He hated needing such a thing but knew it was necessary. What he could manage was a touchy thing and needed a few pairs of extra hands and swords.

He watched the two, climbing over the rubble of what had once been his. He was furious, the humans had made too much headway as it was, and now they'd done him an insult. Not to mention the Lycans and Mages were falling like flies around them. Idiots, all of them. Too absorbed in their own petty squabbling and differences to have seen the threat in front of them. It was ridiculous, those fools had not only brought about the strong potential for their destruction, but they'd brought it on him and his kind. They'd destroyed everything they'd worked for, hurt him mortally, and killed Memnoch.

He glanced towards a couple of his guards, "I need another, someone stronger this time, much stronger, even if it's one of our own, keep it silent, subdue him, it should be enough."

With a nod they were gone into the night.

He had to make his move soon, his own decisions floating through his mind. This city had been the vampires, but it seemed the humans were moving in fast and it called for action.

He licked his lips and smiled, he had a few ideas of what he could do.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:30 am 
Savior

Nebb 05-20-2009 11:39 AM
Malachi was an incredibly tall man, and Ariel wondered why she didn't feel threatened as he stared down at her. His voice was soft for someone his size. Soft, but firm.

She nodded in response to allowing her to speak plainly, and uttered a simple: "Thank you." under her breath.

Quote:
“Tell me, Ari’eil. Before this attack, was the coven of Solace strong? Did the Prince garter the respect of the city’s Children?”
"He was the Prince,... whether by force or by vote, I don't know. I myself have only been in this city for a few days now, however I can say this for certain; If he ruled by force, none would... could, stand in his way."

Even though Malachi paced around as she spoke, his body language never gave her any reason to feel threatened. His confidence and relaxed manner set Ariel at ease and she felt her body relax a little more in his company.

Quote:
“You’re quite the sneaky little girl, aren’t you? I must admit that I’m a bit impressed, Ari’eil. I wonder if I could retain your services for a while.”
"Not bad at the 'song and dance' himself"; she thought to herself.

Quote:
“I am new to Solace, I could use a seasoned guide.” Malachi had toyed with the idea of invoking several disciplines to force her cooperation, but he had decided to use those only if necessary.
"My services, as your guide, are available, yes." she bowed slightly. "Might I suggest a visit to where the Council is convening this evening. They are having an emergency meeting to discuss the way forward. Word has it that an interim Prince may even be elected until the new threat has been put down."

Ariel hadn't intended to be at this meeting, especially since she was never one for large gatherings, and this going to be the largest gathering of kindred the city would see for some time. The meeting place was a secret and only the elders and their most trusted brethren knew of its location. All vampires were to gather at their respective Covens and await word from the elders. Everyone would convene at a last moments notice. Her Order Master had spoken to her of it, and asked her to attend as it would improve her standing in the community. Ariel had told him that she would attend, but the thought hadn't crossed her mind until now.

"My Order is not far from here. Maybe 20 minutes walk. Malachi, if you really want your social graces to be put to the test, then we best leave sooner rather than later. I wager the Council will have their hands full with you once you arrive..." she wore a little smug grin on her face.

Forgotten Wolf 05-21-2009 09:32 PM
The commander wasn’t lying when he said they only had a few minutes to look at their files. A knock fell upon the door and opened as a soldier let himself in... Actually a Lieutenant by the looks of it. “Gentlemen, this way… I’m afraid we don’t have much time to get you suited up as our evac timetables have being accelerated.” He explained quickly, concisely, and promptly before making as quick gesture for them to follow and left the rom.

The hallways were bustling with activity as equipment was broken down and moved. People weaved this way and that to get to their jobs in an orderly chaos. The armory was maybe fifty percent disassembled by the time they reached it but their equipment was all ready set aside. ‘Charlie’ was first to be set up.

“Ok Charlie, you’re going to be assigned to interior guard and escort along the northern region of the facility. Since you are going to be in a confined mostly, you’re being assigned a MP5 submachine gun. It has a standard 30 round…” The soldier went through a brief overview of the weapon and made sure the man properly secured the weapon to its sling once he received his tactical vest.

“Ty, you’re being assigned to perimeter patrol along the west edge of the facility. Since you’ve got a greater amount of space and mobility you’ve been assigned a Steyr AUG bullpup assault rifle. This weapon uses 5.56 rounds and its magazine holds 42 rounds. The magazine is made of a rugged, durable, and see-through plastic so you can see at a glance how many rounds you have left. You’re also getting the tools and conversion kits so if you have 15 minutes or so you can convert the weapon into a carbine, light machine gun, or 9mm submachine gun.” Again the Lieutenant went briefly over basic operation and properly securing the weapon.

“The ammo you’ll be using is special in design. It has a flammable coating around the bullet that ignites when fired. The jacket of the round is silver and the core is made of a type of unrefined iron… how they did that I have no clue. The round is generally effective against humans and class M type ENE otherwise known as ‘mages. Against type V (vampires), type S (shapeshifters most often werewolves), and type F (fairy) ENEs the rounds perform exceptionally well. Against NoCorp (non corporeal) ENEs you will need to switch to etheric rounds, those are the ones with the glowing blue tips, to be of any effect though. Your armor is standard protective tactical vest providing you with decent protection against both bullets and melee weapons. Consider both of your abilities we have left the AFDs out of your armor to allow you somewhat smoother operation. The scopes on both of your weapons have nightvision and thermal capabilities which it uses in conjunction with other sensors to identify and mark ENEs. They will allow you to identify an ENE even if they are in human form hiding in a crowd, so always check your scope if you are not sure about someone. If your scope comes up with a type U classification for the person you are looking at then use extreme caution as that is an unknown ENE that we have yet to encounter.”

The man let them have second to process the sudden rush of information he was giving them but he couldn’t wait long. “We are issuing you Glocks for your sidearm just for simplicity sake. You are also getting a few UV flashbangs which will work like normal flashbangs but will be lethal to vampires. You also get Equalizer grenades, while these just flash annoying patterns of light to us against a shapeshifter they will find themselves forced back into their human form. Keep that in mind if you encounter a dangerous type S ENE.”

The Lieutenant looked the men over on last time making sure they had all their equipment, magazines, and weapons proper secured and on them before nodding in approval. “I think that is all for now and you both are set now we have no more time to relax and lounge around. Agent Ty! The corporal here will escort you to your squad along the perimeter. Mr. Kovac, you are going to accompany me to the northern section to see what needs to be done. Let’s move gentlemen!” and with that the whole equipment, orientation, and briefing was over and everyone was swiftly being made to move to their assigned areas… Now it was time to see if the whole mind wiping procedure was really worth it.

Nebb 05-22-2009 01:17 PM
Walking alongside the Lieutenant, 'Charlie Kovac' was having a hard time processing all the information that he had been thrown at him since awaking on a hospital bed with barely any memory. The last hour had been hell for him and he felt like ****. The knot in his stomach however, told him the drugs were still in his system and could very well be the reason for him feeling the way he did.

As the Lieutenant lead Charlie down a long passage, they passed a lavatory, and he asked permission to be excused. Heading into the lavatory and closing the stall door behind him, 'Charlie' braced himself against the sides of the porcelain bowl and proceeded to empty the contents of his stomach into the toilet. Half out of breath, he was about to turn around, when a second wave of nausea struck him, and he emptied the last of his stomach contents. This time he gave himself a moment to recover, then wiped the spit from his face with the last remaining pieces of toilet paper. His legs felt a little unsure as he straightened up, but his strength was now slowly returning. Splashing some water on his face, he dried his face off slowly with a hand towel, the cool water reviving him some.

He stared at himself for a moment in the mirror. He hadn't shaved and his grizzle was becoming apparent, giving him an almost hardened war veteran look about him. "You're a ****ing soldier?!" it was a question and a statement at the same time and somehow he couldn't believe it, but knew it was true. Using his tongue, he sucked out a piece of 'something or other' stuck in the back of his mouth and spat it out into the basin. Turning on the tap he washed his hands, and dried them with a hand towel.

The pit in his stomach was gone, and he immediately felt stronger, more alert. Straightening his uniform, he stared back into the mirror as if he had seen himself like this many times: "Let's do this."

As he opened the door, he practically knocked another soldier off his feet as he exited. Without even a sideways glance at the man, he turned to his Lieutenant, confident and determined: "I'm ready when you are Sir."

braioch8201 05-22-2009 01:32 PM
Enoch hugged the shoulders, his eyes watching closely as the two discussed, ah yes the meeting. He frowned to himself, there was no way a new leader was to be called, after all, he was still Prince, and he intended on following through on that title as well. He gazed back at the few guards that he had left with him. They stood stockstill and quiet, waiting for their own orders.

He knew from the bits and pieces of information that he'd collected that most of his clan within the city thought him dead. He on the other hand had kept that rumor alive by announcing nothing of the opposite, he couldn't come and take his mantle back in a weakened state as he had been. He'd fed more than he had before and was almost back to his complete state, but he knew he wasn't completely there, not yet, within time he would. He was old enough to heal quick enough, and was steadily feeding on strong enough vampires, lord knows that it was enough to sustain and heal him more rapidly than human blood ever would. Still he found it necessary to surround himself with support, only a select few actually had any knowledge that he was alive. He had those exact people making sure that the call for a new prince was delayed, and that he would know exactly when and where the meeting took place.

He also had another pet project he wished to take on, and he had his own team working on that one personally. He felt the men behind him shift, listening to there ear pieces.

"What is it?" he hissed.

"The team you've sent out has your information that you wanted sir," the stocky one behind him to his right replied.

Enoch turned, a glint in his eye, "on the meeting details?"

A head shake, "no sir on the other information, the private details you wanted handed to you personally."

A cold smile stretched across Enoch's lips as he nodded, "good, very good, tell them I'll meet them immediately at the arranged place."

The man nodded as Enoch cast a glance towards the other two before turning to leave, I'll see you two soon, along with the rest of those wretch's

Savior

SeditiousAmbitions 05-22-2009 10:54 PM
Malachi took in Ariel’s responses and filed them instantly away. The information was converted into variables and formulas then further calculations were made generating more questions and more complex solutions. The girl was almost endearing once she began to relax a little. Her half curtsey brought the corners of his mouth up in a subtle smile. “Excellent.”

“My first night in Solace and I luck upon a beautiful tour guide who is graciously taking me to a Council meeting.” Malachi is a very elegant speaker. Inflection of syllables and dynamics of tone can paint images almost as well as words. The manner that he has used thus far is regal and curious while dripping in hints of power and sprinkling seduction and admiration on the top.

Placid as he seemed, Malachi was a raging maelstrom within. A gathered Council meant so many things to a being like Malachi. The spectrum of scenarios was virtually endless and so he continued to run over plans in his mind. It was shaping up to be not as difficult a task in Solace. He had projected several months or more into building himself to a position where he could meet with the supernatural council. Instead, he merely has to follow this girl around for a while. Who knows? She may become a valuable asset. Malachi continued to plow through ideas but knew he would have to occupy Ariel as well. A trick he often uses is to make small talk with strangers while formulating plans. Now is no exception to this rule.

“Don’t think me brash, Ari’eil. I noticed you wear a scarf around your neck. Being kindred, I find necklines particularly sensual so I noticed right away. Your garb dictates that you dress in a tactical fashion. I would think a scarf to be a hindrance.” He started to reach for it but stopped well short of his hand ever coming close to her scarf. He chuckled and leaned off the wall into a stride that took him past her and out the door. “Forgive me. I’m babbling. Tell me more about the old Prince.”

Nebb 05-24-2009 03:50 PM
The subtlety in Malachi's manner, reminded Ari'eil of Salem's, now dead, Prince. Much like him, Malachi wore nobility as someone would a coat. If he were to be the next Prince, it wouldn't be difficult to follow such a man. The only question on her mind was his reason for wanting to rule a city that seemed on the brink of destruction. Power... It seemed a likely reason. But did he really want to rule, or was there another motive perhaps? "Not really my concern." She tried to stay away from the political game, she had never been good at it. She had to admire his willfulness however, especially considering the city's current circumstances.

A faint smile formed on Ari'eil's lips as Malachi's referred to her as a beautiful tour guide. "And charming too..." she smiled inwardly as she imagined the Council bending over backwards to please this man. His seductiveness was quite alluring.

Quote:
“Don’t think me brash, Ari’eil. I noticed you wear a scarf around your neck. Being kindred, I find necklines particularly sensual so I noticed right away. Your garb dictates that you dress in a tactical fashion. I would think a scarf to be a hindrance.”
Ari'eil's hand instinctively reached for her shawl, at the mention of her neckline. For a moment she felt exposed and the suddenness of that feeling brought memories flooding back. Remembrance filled her eyes, and the smile that was there moments before, was replaced by a visage of control. Ari'eil had dropped her guard for only an instant and had sustained serious wounds as a result. Her 'reward' for having forgotten her training; compliments of the Prince's bodyguard. Memnoch; fast, uninhibited, dead. She curbed her thoughts from anything other than the task at hand.

Seeing Malachi's hand reached for her shawl caused her muscles tighten and they remained that way even after his hand stopped well short it. For a moment, she weighed her choices, eying him for a moment. Malachi was smoother than she had given him credit for. Were he to become Prince, her Order would 'recommend' she offer her services. And considering she was bound to no master, it would be good to be in the service of someone again. "Time would tell I guess."

"Let's cross over to the next building. It will keep unwanted eyes from us."

Ari'eil led the way up to the first floor, then walked across to the adjacent building, a fairly upmarket hotel, using a gangplank and scaffolding that had been placed there for maintenance to the outer building. Exiting via a fire escape at the back of the hotel, and sticking to the alleyways, she led Malachi through the alleyways in a zig-zag fashion to a nearby cathedral. Roughly twenty minutes later they arrived in an alley across from the cathedral entrance, their vantage point giving them a clear view of a terrace nearby where a small group of vampires had gathered. "Now we wait." she said as she surveyed the area. When she was satisfied it was safe, she turned to Malachi: "Malachi. Do you intend to rule this city?"

SeditiousAmbitions 05-25-2009 07:07 PM
Malachi followed Ariel outside. He glanced around just to make note of the surroundings. He was new to Solace and the more he knew his way around, the better. He nimbly dominated the scaffolding without expending much energy and slid down the rails on the fire escape with a big grin on his face.

Ariel did not say anything as she bounced him back and forth through the alleys. Malachi used the silence to make mental images of anything and everything. He was building a map of Solace in his head and these images would be quick access points. He came to stand next to her at the edge of the shadows. He watched as Ariel made a security sweep of the area. From her general attire, the way she scouted the terrace across from them and her overall demeanor so far; Malachi was guessing her to be a soldier or assassin of some kind. Handy skill for a tour guide.

Malachi adjusted his gaze to incorporate the kindred across from their position. He studied each at length before moving on to the next one. Nothing stood out in any one member and he was guessing them to be ‘knock-around guys’. Her question interrupted his calculations but it was not agitating. Malachi has, over time, developed the ability to pause a mental equation and pick right back up whenever he feels like it without losing data.

Malachi adjusted his stance so he wouldn’t have to turn his head quite so far and lowered his gaze to Ariel. “Well, there is an interesting question.” He smiled his charming grin and continued to speak. “I intend to make Solace my home, dear Ari’eil. If take great pains to make my home a favorable environment. If I have to lead the rest of the undead around by their noses to do so…” As he spoke this last sentence, the pleasant and soft tone grew an edge of malice and rumbled with power. “Then I shall.” Malachi winked his right eye and rotated his body back towards the assembled group across the way. The soft tone returned to his voice again. “Does that satisfy your curiosity, Ari’eil?”

eferhilda 05-31-2009 12:26 PM
Bear sighed as he sensed her pain, being so big and an empath kind of helped and kind of did not at times. “You know that you are not responsible for the lives of everyone in the entire world, let alone this city.” he said gently to her as he bent down and picked her up in his arms once more holding her close to his large chest hoping she drew some form of comfort from his warmth and presence. “All you need is some sleep, a good nights sleep. After you have rested we will figure out something together because this has gone beyond just us and this city. The veil between the worlds is being strained and soon the humans may find themselves facing creatures that are far worst then either us or the vampires could ever be.” he sighed deeply once more as he continued toward his own personal den wanting to get the Lady Cutra somewhere she could sleep peacefully and safely. Though his mind and heart were torn between helping the woman in his arms and going to the aid of his beloved Alpha and friend Sheyera.

He knew that she would need back up, though she would never ask for any but she would stop at nothing to get her mate back and that was something that cold spell ruin for them all. As it was she was already acting reckless by charging so blindly after the enemy, an enemy which has proven to be more formidable and dangerous then any vampire clan they faced to date. It was going to take more then just their pack, he was going to have to do something that Shey will probably chew him out for later, but at the moment he did not see any other option.

Getting to his personal den he entered and laid Cutra down on the soft bed of furs that he used as bed, “I have to go and meet with the alpha of the other pack. I'm not sure how long I will be gone but I promise that you will be safe here and that I will return to you ok?” he said in that gentle deep voice that he possessed. He knelt there at her side for a long moment before he nodded to her and then gave her a reassuring smile before existing his den, going to a pair of wolves who were on guard duty “Be sure she gets everything she wants or needs till I return, but foremost keep her here. She is not yet strong enough to be out on her own and she needs a bit of looking after.” he spoke to them getting nods of understanding before the pair went to lay by the entrance of his den. Satisfied that Cutra would be alright till he returned he informed the others of his plans telling them to remain here till he returned with either help from the other pack or with a plan of their own.

After a short time of travel in the city Bear found himself in the territory of the City Lords as well as before one of their scouts who thought to intimidate the older and larger wolf with a fairly poor display of aggression. “Look I do not have time for formalities, bring me to Leon before I rip out your throat and bring your corpse to him when I see him.” Bear growled at the younger wolf who backed down quickly and took Bear to his Alpha.

Bear was shown into a large meeting room where he stood with his arms crossed behind his back as he waited for Leon to come in.

Scambo 06-03-2009 06:07 PM
Ty sighed and took his feet off the table.

"No rest for the wicked I suppose." He rose slowly from the table and walked with the Lieutenant down to the armory. He suited up quickly, pulling on the tactical armor and balaclava before grabbing a set of NODs and his weapon.

"BullPup eh? Easy kick, nice handle...Yeah, this'll work just fine thanks." He slung the weapon over his shoulder while clipping the conversion kit to his waist belt harness. Afterwards, he holstered a heavy .45 and slid a combat knife into a sheathe on his right breast. Turning, a glint caught his eye and he turned to face it. There, mounted on the wall was a short sword with runes and symbols racing up and down the length of its blade. He picked it up and turned it over in his hands. It look so.....familiar. A shout brought his attention around and he slide the sword into a sheathe along his leg. Jogging out to the site, he hopped on a track and rode to the perimeter, catching his squad just as they were set to move out.

"Jackson! Good to see you back in action. The egg heads put you back together right?"

"Lets hope so sir. My ears are still ringin' and my head feels a little foggy."

"Yeah? Well shake it off Agent, we got a job to do. We gotta get outta here before anybody sees us. If they do, haul their ass back to base and hand'em over to our 'PR' department. Lets get moving." With that, they spread out in teams of two, patrolling the desolate and empty streets and alleyways of the deserted warehouse district. He was doing a soldiers job, protecting people like a soldier should but...Why did it feel wrong? It felt like something just wasn't....right about what he was doing and the people he was with....Ty was glad for the concealing balaclava, as it shielded his conflicted face from his partner.

"Heads up, I think we got movement!" Ty snapped his head up and ran forward into the deep shadows of an alley as his partner did the same across the street. He drew several shaky breaths before glancing down the street. He could see nothing, but that didn't mean that nothing was there. Taking deep breaths, he pulled down his night vision goggles and peered out into the darkness, his rifle training on any percieved movement.

Come out, come out wherever you arrrrrreeeee......

Savior

eferhilda 06-06-2009 04:01 PM
Shey knew she should have waited for back up, but the very thought of what they could possibly be doing to Jack spurned her on. This was probably one of the most reckless things she had ever done in her life, yet of course this was also the first time she had ever been in love. Reaching her mate was the most important thing to Shey right now, even to the point that she could leave her pack weak and without an alpha in her attempt to rescue him.

After what felt like forever she came to a stop outside of some building where his scent trail ended. Perched atop a roof she watched as personel rushed about and exited the building, they seemed to be evacuating, probably because they did not kill all of them at the meeting and feared getting found out. Shey cared very little about that, all that she was concerned with was finding Jack which meant that she needed to get inside some how. Growling low in her throat she moves to the edge of the building and slipped off the edge dropping down into the shadows there as she waited for an opportunity to make her move.

The sounds of booted foot falls cause her ears to turn toward the sound, prompting a snarl from her as she remembers what these soldiers did to her pack, to her Jack.Her lips curled back from her fangs as she made a decision to pay back those who hurt her family as well as using them to get back her mate. Thinking of Jack seemed to make his scent stronger, almost like he was right there with her. This only seemed to push her further to that edge where she would surly lose control, to that dark place that most 'civilized' werewolves dare not go for fear of losing themselves to the beast within. Snarling she stepped from the shadows and rushed the soldier as he walked down the alley, "WHERE IS JACK?!" she snarled as she used every ounce of her superior speed to move in on him fast before he could get a shot off.

Nebb 06-09-2009 04:33 AM
Quote:
“I intend to make Solace my home, dear Ari’eil. I take great pains to make my home a favorable environment. If I have to lead the rest of the undead around by their noses to do so…Then I shall.”
Malachi winked at her and Ariel could hear the steadfast determination in his voice. A lesser vampire would have lacked Malachi’s subtle language toolkit and would have probably muttered something that left little to the imagination of others. The 'younger' vampires tried hard to convince others of their power, sometimes almost as hard as they tried to convince themselves. In true form of someone his 'age', Malachi showed his tactfulness and for a moment Ari’eil hoped to see him succeed in some way or another. Kindred, like man, often require the guidance and wisdom of those more experienced, even if at times, they didn't feel they wanted it. The vampires... and the city… needed a leader like that. Never had it been more evident than in the last few days; two Princes assassinated mere days from each other, and the actions of a few well trained humans showing their blatant ignorance of their place on the food chain. Every vampire now wanted revenge and every supernatural in the city could feel that something big was brewing. But who would step up to the task at hand...

Ari’eil found herself thinking about the Prince again; but sound of Malachi's voice interrupted her train of thought:
Quote:
“Does that satisfy your curiosity, Ari’eil?”
Ari'iel turned towards Malachi frowning. Tilting her head to one side, a slight smirk appeared on her face: "Curiosity? Hhmm." and she seemed lull the word over in her mind.

Nimbly she vaulted onto dumpster and stood on her toes to get a better view of the open area surrounding the Cathedral: "If you were to become Prince, Malachi, my 'services' would be made available to you, as is customary of someone in my station in the Order. Necessity, then, would be my reason for asking. Curiosity though…" a puzzled frown again appeared on her face, “Curiosity is a human trait...” For a moment Ari'eil looked as if she wanted to take the discussion further, but her eyes narrowed as she noticed three shapes approaching in the distance: "They're here. Let’s go."

Vaulting off the dumpster and landing softly in front of Malachi, she half bowed as she held out her hand in a manner as if to say: "After you M'Lord." The smirk on her face said it all.

Lifting her shawl over her head, Ari'eil exited the alleyway and headed for the small group of vampires they had been watching. They had no sooner arrived, when they were joined by three more vampires; an Elder and two bodyguards, all wearing very smart attire, and each carrying a pocket kerchief emblazoned with a symbol of a dragon. The Elder approached Ari'eil and leaned towards her as she whispered into his ear. As Ari'eil was talking, his eyes darted up towards Malachi and studied him with a cold hard stare. When she had finished, the Elder nodded his head towards her as if to say: "Proceed."

Ari'iel gave a slight bow: "Malachi, may I introduce Master Loren, Kogaion of the Solace Dragons, Priscus of the Ordo Dracul, and member of the Primogen Council." … "Master Loren may I introduce Malachi."

Master Loren continued eying Malachi, and after what seemed a long time extended his hand. His fingers looked almost out of place as finely crafted rings stood out from frail looking hands. The most noticeable were two larger rings, bearing scarabs of the darkest blue.

"Good evening Malachi and welcome to Solace." for a moment Master Loren paused, gauging and measure the man before continuing as if there had been no interruption: "So I understand you come to make a place for yourself in Solace and commit yourself to Praxis?"

Praxis was the old form for the term used when someone wanted to air his edicts and dictate his policies. It summed up Malachi's reason for being there in a single word, which was exactly Master Loren's intention. It also however was usually only invoked by a Prince (or soon to be Prince) laying claim to a domain. But Master Loren let the words speak for themselves, partly hoping the newcomer would take the bait and expel whether or not he was truly here to take over the role as Prince or not, but partly because he also didn't want to push the subject. He knew forging ties with a Prince was a balancing act, like so many other things in kindred affairs. A Prince was in need of the Primogen as they too, were in need of him. The Primogen didn't have the power to lead, but they did hold some of the cards and hence it was in everyone's best interest that agreements were made. Not all Princes maneuvered like this, but Solace was a city that needed a leader, the last two Princes having met ill fated ends, meant the vampires were now closer to their Orders than ever, seeking the protection it could offer.

Master Loren continued: “Tonight the Council will convene to elect a new Prince. For safety reasons, it will be a short affair. We must leave now.”

They walked through the cemetery, and Master Loren walked silently and patiently alongside Malachi. His two bodyguards were barely noticeable as their muscled torso’s disappeared and reappeared from behind tombstones and large marble statues. As everyone exited the cemetery, the road opened up to the city's Papillon, a collection of strip clubs, gay bars, cheap hotels and other places of debauchery. They entered into a lobby of an old hotel and exited out the back using a fire escape exit, which opened up onto an abandoned railway station in various stages of decay. The Elder nodded to both the guards and each stood to one side of what seemed to be the entrance to an old mining shaft. Master Loren continued into the shaft and stepped aside and held the door open of an antique looking elevator. “Weapons are ill advised at these affairs. Please leave them behind.” The Elder motioned to where the bodyguards stood. Next to them was a large metal crate partially filed with various weapons and firearms. IT looked thick enough to survive a bomb blast.

The elevator, antique as it was, was sturdy and it descended without as much as a bump. As they headed down the shaft, the glass sides of the elevator opened up to a large cavern below. It took them almost a full minute to reach the bottom. As the elevator came to a halt, the doors opened up to reveal a stunning black marble covered floor and it was easy to see from the inscriptions that those who had fashioned it, had spent years committed to the task. A double circle was etched along the floor, running midway between the center and the outskirts of the chamber. Standing on the double circle, in an almost dramatic fashion, was Solace's ‘kindred elite’. Along the outer rim of the cavern stood a large collection of the city's who's who of the kindred community.

"A least a handful of these will think to challenge for the right to be Prince." Ari'eil though. She stood off to one side, her back against the wall watching the drama unfold as Master Loren took his place on the double circle.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:31 am 
Savior

braioch8201 06-09-2009 04:51 AM
Enoch snarled, "what do you mean?"

The vampire in front of him trembled slightly, "they plan to elect a new Prince tonight m'lord."

Enoch's eyes narrowed but he kept his calm. Closing his eyes he focused himself for a moment. He let the wind blow around him, caressing his skin as he felt the blood of more than half a dozen strong, virile vampires pumping through his system, healing him. He knew he wasn't anywhere near his full strength, strong enough to hunt down his own prey, including that of strong vampires. He knew he still had his weakness at this time, but he also knew he had to be strong enough.

His eyes opened gently, his face impassive, "well then, my course is clear, they cannot elect a second prince, it is against our laws. As Prince, I suppose I need to return to my people, they need me again it seems. No fool outsider from some forsaken land with ideals that will not benefit our kind in this city, will take my place."

He turned and stared up at the moon above them and sighed, "go back, return to the council, and inform those of the council that know of my survival that I will be coming tonight, but to keep it silent for the time being, I don't want a big fuss until I am there."

They didn't speak, only nodded and were gone. Enoch winced as he felt his wounds sear, they still burned, piercing him every now and then with a knife wretching pain. They'd last for any amount of time and then fade gradually. He breathed through it feeling his body pushing away the pain quicker than before. He took in a deep breath, the cool air filling his lungs, yes, he was still in a great amount of pain, even when the searing pain wasn't there, the dull throbbing ache still pulsed in his body.

He shook himself, he knew that the meeting was coming on fast, and he'd been standing here for far longer than he'd realized. Moving quickly he weaved through the expanse of the cities alleyways, avoiding mortals and other beings alike. The lights and sounds of the streets screamed at him as he passed by them, streaking neon lights, pounding bass coupled with wailing music stars all behind him. Slinking away, having spent even more time, time that could be used to be at the meeting he was in the railway station.

He knew the guards, but they didn't even know he was alive. Closing his eyes he focused on his power, melding deeply into the shadows, becoming part of the many still parts of darkness surrounding them. Moving swiftly along the wall, across the floor and up the wall avoiding any light that would reveal him. Slipping into the elevator that two more of his kindred had pushed their way into, he slipped past up into the vent above and waited.

When they'd reached there destination he slipped down and hid to the shadows until he found an alcove that he wanted, one deep in the wall where no one even bothered to glance. He spotted the council easily, surrounding the potentials, those gunning for his position.

Now he would wait, wait to see what the others would do, waiting for just the right moment, his moment.

SeditiousAmbitions 06-09-2009 01:22 PM
Malachi chuckled softly. He folded his hands behind his back and watched Ariel for a moment as she spoke. “Curiosity is a trait of all things, m’dear. Even the simplest of beasts have it. To say that it stops along the evolutionary ladder at humans is naïve. The more evolved the mind, the greater the questions.” He turned slightly as she nimbly landed in front of him. Lord? Hardly. Not yet, at least. Albeit arrogant, Ariel’s mannerisms were quite charming; if one was unopposed to sarcasm.

He walked in a leisurely pace across the clearing and stopped short of the cluster. He noted the elder’s presence by the security detail. Malachi studied each member quickly, but effectively. He felt no real threat from any as individuals or as a whole. He eyed the hand that was extended towards him for a moment and then gently replied in kind. “Thank you, M’lord. It is a fine evening.” Malachi smiled genuinely and listened to the few but powerful words that Loren spoke. Clever. Not clever enough, however. He acted ignorant to the word as if Loren was speaking in tongues. Malachi blinked his eyes slowly and with great links between to create innocence.

“I do come to find my niche here in Solace, for I have been a vagabond many long years. I wish to settle somewhere and Solace was a place I was told would suit that purpose.” Malachi released Loren’s hand. “It has come to my attention that the Kindred as well as other supernatural beings are under serious duress from the mortals of this region.” Malachi made sure to infiltrate his tones with a condescending air but not so much as to sound spiteful. He wanted just enough so that Loren would feel a small sting in the back of his mind. Malachi followed along with the group. He was excited to see the council. It had been a long, long time since he had been around a culture of vampires.

Through the filth and fun of Solace, Malachi walked with the Dracul. Into the shaft, he went. He paused at the metal box. Malachi carried no weapons at present. It was far more satisfying to rip a man to pieces with one’s own hands than to cut him or shoot him. He continued on and entered the room with the double circle. Malachi made his way over to a far wall next to a sconce. He rested near it as the flames cast strange patterns of shadows on his face. Most of the Primogen were old but not very powerful as individuals. Shame.

A strange sensation, like déjà vu, swept over Malachi. The beast inside him was stirring. It had been centuries since he had felt his inner demon rattle in this manner. He scoured the faces again. The inner fire was a result of recognition. There was a being in this chamber that was as old and powerful as Malachi himself, but these sorry excuses for councilmen could not be it. The icy blue eyes ran from deep shadow to deep shadow. Whoever this person was, he or she was very clever about concealing himself. Malachi relaxed and decided to let the meeting follow its course. This being would announce himself soon enough. Trust in the predictability of power’s influence.

braioch8201 06-09-2009 02:20 PM
The council room was abuzz with conversation, vampires around murmured to one another, whispering hopes and well wishings. The council sat atop, outside the circle, the black marble of the floor met the stark white of the council table. The seven members sat along the table, most of them were talking about amongst themselves their eyes on the potential princes, many of them whispering about the new arrival. It wasn't much that went beneath the radar of council's attention and the new vampire vying for the position was one of those things they'd noticed.

Councilman Ohram sat in the middle, his face still, his mouth silent as he gazed directly at Malachi. His violet eyes locked on Malachi's casually searching face. Ohram was one of the few members in the room that knew of Enoch's imminent return. His eyes swept the room gently, waiting to see if his prince had entered the room or not. He couldn't see him, but knowing his prince that didn't mean he was not there.

He cleared his throat gently, cutting the talk off in the room. He stood slowly, his gaze sweeping to the center of the room.

"Will those who wish to make a claim of the throne please step forward."

With a silent shuffle of immortal feet he waited for the six potentials to line up. His violet eyes swept over the line of them, all of them had great potential, but one of them stood out amongst them, and that was the newcomer to the city, Malachi. He could feel it in the council, they were leaning quickly towards him, and frankly Ohram couldn't blame them, the vampire did carry a certain aura about him, that he was obviously very strong.

"Mazak, step forward," the vampire on the far right did, "now inform this council why we should consider you to even be worthy of the title of Prince."

The silver haired vampire nodded and began speaking, his words influencing, though his body and will seemed weak. After he was done Ohram sent him back to the line and waited as the council spoke amongst themselves. Ohram continued the process down the line until he reached the newcomer. By this time Ohram was beginning to get nervous, if Enoch did not show himself in time for the vote, he would lose his title.

"Newcomer to this city, Malachi, you come here in the hopes of becoming Prince, no? Then step forward, inform this council in anyway you see fit of why you are fit to take this title and lead our kind within this city."

He stood and waited.

Savior

SeditiousAmbitions 06-10-2009 06:00 PM
Malachi watched as he fought off the temptation to find the hidden being that taunted his inner beast. So much gossip, so much deception; yet none of the visible souls had even scratched the surface of true manipulation. The one in the shadows, the one who was waiting for something, however; he was closer to the level that Malachi had stretched himself to and perhaps even farther.

Malachi did not move or react much. His face was a pleasant expression of indifference. Many of the stares he received were returned with a careless regard. Malachi found himself continuing to scour the shadows for any signs of this other spirit. He found none and several times contemplated using his disciplines to aid him but decided against it. Any burning of blood may cause an aggressive response and that was not something he was trying to provoke at this stage of the show.

Ohram called upon him by name. Malachi leaned casually off the wall and stepped towards the table. His swagger was apparent but subtle nonetheless. He made eye contact with everyone seated round the table with his gaze falling upon Ohram last. Here is where it stayed as he spoke.

“I find it strange how it is assumed that I come to Solace to become her Prince. I suppose my arrival shortly after the demise of the old Prince is a bit too much for coincidence.” He spoke with fluid tones and a half-cocked smile. Millennia of practice at expression serve Malachi well where ever he goes in everything he does. “I, in truth, am not here for that reason. I came to make a home here. A companion of mine had told me that Solace was a good place to ‘grow roots’. Whether she told me this because she was ignorant of the situation or she knew of your city’s plight and wished me ill; I may never know.” His smile grew a bit more thinking it was more the latter of the two. “However, given the nominations lined before me, I would heartily say that any of you would be a fool to follow any of these. They are too weak to create any kind of bond strong enough to root out the problems plaguing your fair Solace.” He motioned to the ones who stated their nominations. Malachi’s tone became a bit more forceful, but far from angry or obtuse. “If I were the last to give my name to the ever growing hat, I would say that I am stronger and more suited to lead than the gentlemen who spoke before me. However…” Malachi paused and lifted his gaze from Ohram and bounced it along the wall of deep shadows. “I feel that there is still another here. Call it a gut feeling if you want, but I feel like there is still one who wishes to speak his or her claim for the city’s throne.” Malachi took a few steps back and adjusted his gaze around to each of the councilmen with his gaze falling to Ohram.

The leader of these proceedings, Ohram shuffled through most of the nominations with a dry casualness that would raise virtually no suspicion. Yet, Malachi had several times caught Ohram searching the room for someone and now Ohram seemed nervous. Did he feel the presence or was he anticipating one? Clever man, indeed. Malachi moved with his hands clasped behind his back around the table until he was next to Ohram. He bent his neck down towards the man and lowered his voice some but had no intention of concealing his words from the assembled group. “You, Councilman, know who I’m talking about. Don’t you?” Malachi’s eyes flashed an even icier blue. He was right about the lingering stranger hidden somewhere among them. He knew this. Ohram he was not completely sure, but he was not blind to the signs of secrecy.

braioch8201 06-10-2009 06:39 PM
Enoch's eyes watched from the alcove, his eyes scanning first the council, then the potentials. He felt indignation and anger burn in him as he stared at those who were meant to take his place. His brow furrowed as he stared at each of them as they stepped forward and spoke to the council, stating their case. None of them were worthy of the position, they were weak, in body and character, none would have the ability to lead and direct, nor have the strength to hold their position.

Until the newcomer came up to the plate. Enoch forced himself not too roll his eyes at his swagger but listened nonetheless. It figures that the only person who would even be worthy of taking the position would be someone who never had the intention. His eyes narrowed as he listened to the man's speech, and he did a quick once over of the man. He was the only person in the room who would even offer a challenge to him, in both body and position.

So he knows someone is here, a shrewd being indeed.

The room was silent after Malachi had approached Ohram. Suddenly the silence was broken by the sound of boots clunking on the hard marble. Enoch walked around the circle, the ice of his eyes sweeping across the stunned faces in the room. He stepped down into the circle his eyes locked on the council's faces.

Ohram's eyes widened, "M'lord!"

A dark slight smile crossed Enoch's lips, "Yes Ohram, I have come."

The rest of the council were on their feet and proclaiming their suprise and joy, Enoch continued, "I see that in my temporary absence, no real inquiry was made into my existence. Instead reason and logic were throw to the winds and panic and impulse replaced them. Well members of the council, I have not fallen to the rash actions of the fool mortals. While I must sadly admit that my companion and trusted bodyguard Memnoch had fallen at the hands of their weapons, I escaped and am here to remind you of my rightful place at the head of our superior breeds leadership."

The council bowed their heads as did most of the potentials, with the exception of Mazak who seemed to be boiling with rage.

"You," Mazak began, "disappear for so long, leaving us unaware of the fact that you lived, then when your position is being taken from you, you blaze in here and claim this spot is yours! I will not have it!"

Enoch turned to the enraged immortal, "your personal opinion in this matter is irrelevant, I am the Prince, and since I still live, it remains mine and mine alone."

"I will remedy that!" Mazak snarled.

Enoch cocked his head, "and how will you do that I wonder?"

Mazak snarled as he leapt at Enoch, his hands gnarled into claws. Enoch's body moved as if on it's own as he slipped to the side. Mazak landed on the floor and slid forward before twisting around and rushing at Enoch again. Enoch's hand shot out and gripped around Mazak's throat. A short strangling noise squeezed from Mazak's lips as Enoch's grip tightened.

"My body may have been weakened from the attack from the humans, but you will not find a weak and easy target in me."

With that his foot shot out and kicked violently into Mazaks leg, shattering the leg and sending Mazak with a guttural yell to the ground on his good leg. Enoch's cold eyes watched as if disinterested and with a casual movement threw Mazak past the circle into the wall with a sickening thud. He slid to the ground and only moaned.

Enoch turned back to the council table, "you see, your fear and impulse drove you to chose those who were weak of mind and body. You would have rather deigned to choose a flimsy and pathetic replacement for me, and led the Vampires of this city into death and destruction. If it had not been for this newcomer, you would have voted yourself into oblivion."

His attention was turned to Malachi finally, his eyes locked on Malachi's own, "it seems that the only being worthy of taking my place had to come from without this city. While a worthy choice as far as I can see, I still live and am able to lead. So with that we have much to discuss, the humans still move and exist within our city, and we must move quickly."

SeditiousAmbitions 06-10-2009 08:46 PM
Malachi took a few steps back away from the table with a slight bow. He had been correct, as usual. He smirked as the elderly looking Mazak spit in outrage. Fool. Once Enoch had disposed of the unruly would-be usurper, Malachi erupted in polite laughter and clapped his hands together several times.

He let Enoch finish and waited until the Prince locked eyes with him. Certainly, there would much to discuss in private between these powerful beings. Malachi bowed at the recognition given to him, a wide smirk on his face. He began to see the member of the council grow uneasy and this brought him a pleasurable sensation. He also began to see their bodies bursting into flames or melting into nothing. Yes, a new plan was forming in the juggernaut that was Malachi’s mind.

Enoch addressed the problems that seemed to phantom in and out of conversation as if the kindred were afraid to speak of them. Malachi steeled himself a bit but not before sending a wink to Ariel as his eyes passed over her countenance. Malachi needed to be brought up to speed on the situation in its entirety. He had guesses from the damage he had observed in the hold safehouse but no real facts. Seeing as how most of those assembled were still struck by Enoch’s return, Malachi decided to take the initiative.

“I am Malachi, Prince. As the newcomer, I should be silent but you know that I can be a valuable asset to your cause.” Malachi moved closer to the table being careful to step over the body of Mazak, though he did not look at it. “I saw the aftermath of the last attack. They appear to be well organized and well trained; probably well informed also. Any information you can provide us with from your firsthand experience would be exceedingly helpful to myself and everyone else here who is willing to take back what is ours.” Malachi bowed his head and shut his eyes in the direction of Enoch. After several seconds of pause, he lifted his head and gaze back to the Prince. Finally. Something interesting.

braioch8201 06-10-2009 09:03 PM
Enoch's attention swivelled to Malachi. He regarded him for a moment, his face passive, his eyes sharp and cold. He found himself wondering what to do with this newcomer. He held a new potential that he hadn't seen in another being, physically he looked about as strong and deadly as himself and Memnoch, though he held a similar stability that Enoch had and Memnoch lacked. He also seemed to hold a similar style like Memnoch, he wouldn't have enjoyed or even stuck with leading for too well, or perhaps he would have surprised everyone. Personalities were such a finicky thing in the end they made all the difference.

After several moments, Enoch's voice bounced off of the walls again, "yes....the humans seem to have amassed more knowledge than we would ever be comfortable with. It seems in the arrogance of the Prince before me and the other fool leaders of the city, it was deemed unecessary to keep an eye on the mortals. Now because of that willful ignorance fueled by ego, we are paying for it dearly. The humans have perfected their means of destroying the others and ourselves. Their knowledge and firepower is equal only to their infuriating knack for getting in our affairs. It seems as well that they know more about our own movements, often times before the rest of our kind even know they're happening. The time has come to make a stand, not only against the humans, oh no. Now is the time for change, change long overdue. It seems our treaty with the others, the Lycans, the Mages and others has cost us more than we should have ever paid. There is weakness within our kind as well, and I mean to weed it out. The time for Vampires around to form together, fight for what is ours is now. Weakness and second guessing is no longer an option, only obedience and strength."

His eyes swept the room as he walked deliberately through the circles, eyes daring anyone to interrupt him. His speech wasn't grandiose or over the top, it stated his point forcefully, filled with power and command. His philosophy changed, logic was the right choice as always with him, the practical roman still in his system. But now he'd adapted the great generals of his time, practical, logical, cold and decisive. He would not take any objection to him, and this was his city now, the Vampires his to rule.

"Anyone with any ideas? I wonder stranger...Malachi," his gaze fixed back on Malachi, gaze still cold and analytical, "what new ideas do you have to pose for this problem? For both the outside world and within our own commune?"

Savior

SeditiousAmbitions 06-10-2009 09:21 PM
Malachi could feel Enoch feeding his mental imagery, or its possible that Malachi’s silent scheming fueled Enoch’s pent up rage for being so easily forgotten. Either way, this was shaping up better than Malachi could’ve projected. There were many nervous faces in the chamber now. It was interesting to say the least at how quickly Enoch turned to Malachi. Of course, from Malachi’s perspective it made sense. Power recognizes its own.

Malachi turned and leaned against the council table and folded his arms over his chest. The leather of his jacket creaked with the movement. “Hmmm. If memory serves me properly, Prince, the societies of history that endure the longest and thrive the strongest are most often lead by only one man. Caesar, Alexander, Hitler, Napoleon, Xerxes, The British Empire, the Hung and Jin Dynasties, all were lead by a single being.” A fire was brewing inside the Methuselah now. He was slow cooking the blood in his veins in case any grew too threatened by his words and dared to challenge him. “In truth, all of these men had their brain trust, but no organized council or senate. Sure, the Romans held a Senate but having been to a few sessions; it was merely a placebo for public approval ratings.” Malachi chuckled and rose from the table freeing his arms and allowing them to swing behind his back where his hands would clasp.

He strode in a leisurely fashion around the chamber with no real direction or line. He made sure to make eye contact with a few people he thought could be useful, Ariel in particular as he spoke. “Ultimately, the best strategy I see is to reduce the circle of knowledge to a select few and delegate out missions. I personally think guerilla tactics would make the most efficient use of our skills against their technologies. These hit squads or whatever would only need to know targets and time tables. This would limit the complications as well.” Malachi came to a stop next to Enoch and surveyed the room again. He was mildly nodding his head having just spilt an entire lecture in tactics and methodology. “Use what you like, Prince. I have other ideas, but these are the ones I feel relate best to our present situation.”

braioch8201 06-10-2009 09:36 PM
Enoch watched Malachi as he strode across the room, his eyes locked on the man's movements. After Malachi was done speaking Enoch only continued pointing his gaze at Malachi for a moment, feeling a sense of respect for the vampire. To say the least he was bold, and definitely had an intelligent mind and as he had seen before a shrewd eye for things. He noticed a vague sense of suprise coming from Malachi when Enoch had addressed him directly, even Malachi had suprised Enoch in kowtowing so quickly to him.

Then again, he thought to himself, genius immediately accepts genius

He felt the council shifting slightly behind him, he regarded Malachi one more time before turning to the council table and glaring at the council members.

"It is almost as if," he began his words sharp, "the newcomer has read my mind."

The council stared at him in shock, a few of them even gasping, giving signs of protesting. Enoch waved them off with a glance, "the time for discussion and meetings are over gentlemen. You are built for quiet times when all is well and we must discuss what to do with things, laws, policies, all the other qualities of a calm world. Well this is our world now, built upon the blood of our own, while the humans stampede amongst us as you discuss and debate. Now there is no debate, you no longer dictate this city, or give argument. I am the law, the guiding factor of our kind."

Five of the seven council members stood up, protesting loudly, a few of the others in the room gave their own protest. Enoch turned away from them and motioned at the guards at attendance. The handful of them only walked to him, he motioned to the outcriers, "silence them, bind them, if they put up a fight, slay them."

Within moments, the council members and others were bound, with the guards standing over them, save for Ohram and his companion Nidan. They only looked at him gravely, wishing for answers they would never completely receive.

Enoch turned back to the proceedings, he hadn't moved or spoken during the debacle of the restraining of the others. He glanced around the room for a moment.

"This is how it will be my people, no questions, only response. You see how my faithful guard obey without objection? This is how things are done. I am the Prince, the ruler, and what I say, will be so. Ohram, you of all the councilmen I trust the most, I will keep you close for my own personal council. You, Ariel, I will of course use your services as well, pray that your of use to me. Malachi, I'm still undecided, but you and I have somethings to discuss. Any questions anyone?"

SeditiousAmbitions 06-10-2009 10:02 PM
Malachi watched as the uprising began and was quelled. How beautiful. As people moved and were bound, Malachi made sure to draw Ariel’s attention as if to say ‘do not react’. It was amazing how efficient the grunts were. Shame they weren’t more powerful, because they might be useful against the human squadrons. Malachi made sure to gaze over Ohram as he was called out. The right corner of his lip curled in a sneer. You did know, you sneaky ****. Malachi chuckled and rocked back and forth in small motions.

Once Enoch had concluded his change of edict for everyone; Malachi decided to air some of the thoughts he had been toying with. “Prince, if you don’t mind, I would like to make use of Ari’eil. I have no bearings in this city and she has, thus far, been an effective guide. It’s obvious you don’t have a direct purpose for her yet, so until that time comes I could keep an eye on her for you.” Spiders and worms would blush at the silk web of words that spun from Malachi’s lips. He sometimes wondered if his innate charm was almost too much. There wasn’t much he could do about it. Centuries and centuries of perfecting the art of eloquent speech would not unravel easily.

Malachi’s mind moved forward still. He would need some weapons. Wars were different than everyday squabbling between immortals. Humans liked to use their modern technology to set elaborate traps and stage magnificent raids. It was all too overdone. Small groups laying ambushes at random would be a good way to disrupt their flow. Feint attacks would be another good way to divert attention. All of these things twisted their way up and down the conscious of Malachi as order was restored.

braioch8201 06-10-2009 10:14 PM
Enoch turned to Malachi, fixing his cold gaze on Malachi, "Nor do I have a use for you just yet."

His attention remained on Malachi, "Ohram, return to your chambers with your wife, I will deal with you shortly."

His gaze steadfast on Malachi, if he was capable of it he would even be suprised by the wave of ice that seemed to emanate from him. If it were possible fire wouldn't have been able to melt the cold that he emanated at this moment. He knew that his new personality was born of the times, too much had happened for him to not have changed.

"Not at this moment will you leave my sight, if you wish to still be welcome here you will obey that order. Now the rest of you, find something else to do. Malachi you are to come with me, as I said before we have things to discuss."

He turned briskly and walked past the council table towards a large arch that led into a dimly lit marble hallway. As he walked into it, his voice echoed out, "kill all of the dissenters."

He ignored the outcries, and then quickly the screams of pain and anguish. His feet made no sound as he walked the length of the hallway, passing several openings into various living and sleeping rooms. Reaching the end of the hallway he the large marble door that sealed it from the hallway. Walking inside he eyed the room. The normally black marble was now a stark white that contrasted with the rest of the haven. Bookcases lined the walls, a couple tables in front of him, covered in books, writings, and weapons. He strolled past them, taking the few stairs that led up to the raised platform of white marble that the desk sat upon. He sat in the cushioned chair, a large painting that reached the ceiling, dark, a lone vampire stood upon the dead and bloodied bodies of humans, mages and lycans.

He glanced now to the rest of the room and waited.

SeditiousAmbitions 06-11-2009 08:33 AM
Malachi reacted plainly to Enoch’s statement. He did not move or give much attention to those who were soon to die. Enoch was a rage and who wouldn’t be? Malachi allowed the blood in his body to cool as he no longer felt any threats from the protestors to the new order. He moved silently behind Enoch. He matched the Prince in pace and stealth.

Once he reached the chamber where Enoch had come to rest, Malachi paused. He looked at all of the books and even glanced over some of the titles. He had read many of them but some were chronicles from the Kindred of Solace herself. He took a brief overview of the weapons as well but was unattracted to any of them. He allowed his eyes to wander about and found himself staring at the picture. Things made much more sense now in regards to Enoch.

He stopped flipping along the bindings of old books and walked to the steps which lead to the raised loft. He ascended quickly and stopped just at the top of them. “I commend you on the swift actions, Prince. I won’t pretend to be coy with you. I can tell that you are willful enough to not buy into my mannerisms, so with you I will speak plain.” Malachi’s face darkened some as did his tone. “I knew I could find power here. That is why I chose Solace. I never intended on ruling the city, however. You will learn to trust my judgment and abilities. I could be a great tool for you in the respect that I can manipulate almost anyone.” Malachi paused and moved over to examine the painting before continuing. “You have dissolved the council; a good start. There are still some who oppose this new regime but are intelligent enough to remain silent. These must be rooted out and destroyed. This should be a primary concern. Internal housekeeping will have be to finished before we can hope to go after those who have wronged our kind.”

braioch8201 06-11-2009 04:37 PM
Enoch blinked slowly, his attention spent directly on Malachi. He stayed silent for a moment, before he spoke, his tone clipped, "while I am aware of that fact, it does not change the fact that it needs to be changed as well. I'm well aware of the possible dessention within the ranks, and I plan on dealing with them swiftly and soundly, those who do not submit will meet a fate similar to those who roused themselves in the council room. Now a primary focus on just within would leave us blind to outside world, and in these times that is plain foolish. Addressing that, I will arranged for those that are best skilled in stealth to keep their eyes and ears on the other preternatural beings of this city, and others within the realm of the humans."

He paused for a moment his eyes fixed on Malachi's face, "Now my question is what to do with you. I am fully aware of the fact that you are both mentally and physically fit enough to take care of yourself. This is of use to me and my aims, but it still leaves your real intentions under question. Under your own admission you are a manipulative creature who takes great pleasure in conning others. So by that I must keep my eye on you, now also your own admission, I wish to know, where do your skills lie? In the Cleansing team or the Shadow team?"

Enoch was definitely sure of his skills, but he wanted to see the man in action. Needed to study him and figure out his motives and where to place him.

Savior

Nebb 06-12-2009 04:29 AM
Ari'eil watched in anticipation as the proceedings began, a knot started to form in the center of her being. She brushed it off as anxiety since she'd never been allowed to attend such pleasantries whilst in service of the Order. The reason for this wasn't as much to do with her being a social outcast, as it was the fact that rumours soon followed her once she stayed in one place for too long. When one specialized in killing one's own kind, it wasn't a skill you wanted other kindred to know about.

The Ordo Dracul made use of the Azerkatil only when in dire need, and usually as a last resort. These matters were usually of utmost importance to the ruling Prince in maintaining the law and order over the area he controlled. Even though their true skill lay in disposing of kindred, their vampire destroying abilities happened to also be just as effect against Lycan’s and Mages too, which meant their services were almost always in demand somewhere or other. This usually meant that the Ordo Dracul usually enjoyed a certain amount of favour from the ruling Prince, even if it was entirely unspoken. The Order never abused such favours either, but now and then they did ask for a small token of gratitude in return. These tokens were well in the power of the Prince to give and usually entailed the right to own a newly located Wyrm's nest, something most Princes, and many others, cared little for.

Ari'eil watched as various kindred stepped forward and explained their reason for wanting to rule Solace. Their speeches were grand and Ari'eil was impressed with the way words seemed to flow off their lips, much like the newcomer. But where Malachi's suave manner seemed to hint at real power, their words seemed to lack substance and strength. Sitting in a nook in the outer wall, swinging her legs back and forth in a "I'm bored with the world" manner, a passing glance from Master Loren almost made Ari'eil jump. When it was Malachi's turn to talk, she breathed out a sigh of relief. "This will be fun. Malachi would make them squirm and dance for sure!" she thought to herself. But Malachi had other plans. The feeling in the pit of her stomach returned again, this time stronger, but it wasn't until Malachi uttered the fact that he had a "gut feeling" about someone still needing to appear, that she knew what that feeling in the pit of her being meant. Her beast was waiting in anticipation, as if it knew something she didn't. But it didn't struggle. As Enoch appeared, mixed emotions surfaced in her mind: "That's why I never felt threatened...why I never reacted... I was told you were dead.... " She gave Master Loren a hard stare, but the man's face remained blank. Either he always knew Enoch was alive, or he did a good job of hiding his surprise. Neither would surprise her.

"Where is Memnoch?" She wondered. "He must be outside, formalities such as these, bored him as much as it did me." She paid little attention to what the Prince was saying, thinking only about a chance to speak to Memnoch again. Even though their first meeting hadn't faired well, she felt a strange affection towards him. Maybe it was because, like her, he felt that combat was the only true test of another, or oneself for that matter. She was deep in thought when Enoch told his audience that Memnoch has been killed, and the sudden realization resulted in an audible cry escaping her throat. It was soft, but it was there. A touch of sadness overcame her. “To dance the dance, and brush 'gainst death.” she thought to herself reciting a poem she once heard.

In a somber mood now Ari’eil watched as Malachi introduced himself and noted the reaction by the Elders as the Prince asked advice from the newcomer, rather than his own Council members. Malachi winked at her as he made his speech to the Prince, and she couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face. Nobody could deny that fact he could charm the pants off pretty much anyone, once he put his mind to; even the Prince seemed taken with him. "They are a lot a like, the Prince and Malachi and perhaps that was what the Council fears; for together they would not need the Council."

Malachi continued to talk about empires and dynasties, but only once he mentioned guerrilla tactics did she look up, then quickly averted her eyes to the ground as he looked in her direction. Ari'eil watched as those who voiced there objections in the newcomer and distrust, were gathered and forced onto submission. As the spectacle unfolded, the little that remained of the smile on her face, faded. As two of the Prince's guards headed towards Master Loren, Ari'eil instinctively rose poised for action. But Malachi shot her a look that told her that any action now would not prudent. It took all of her will to control herself as she watched a mass of guards gather the Council members and place them with the others. The Ordo Dracul’s Elder was not spared. Master Loren diverted his eyes downwards towards the symbol of the dragon beneath his feet and placed two of his rings onto the symbol and shot Ari’eil a quick look. He offered no resistance as the guards ushered him out. His peers were kicking and screaming as they were dragged off. The display of control by the Order Master was unsettling. Conflicted Ari'eil could only stand there watching. “I am no strategist, but is this the best way...”

Ari'eil alone remained standing; it seemed the Prince had no reason to dispose of her yet. Malachi's attempted to persuade the Prince that she remain his guide, fell on deaf ears. Thankful to Malachi as she was, she knew the Prince would have a use for her, especially now since there would be bitterness about todays events and the inevitable retaliation would need quelling. The fact that Memnoch was no longer around would mean the Prince would need watch his back more often than not. For a moment a feeling of uncertainty overcame her as she wondered what kind of suicide mission the Prince might throw her into. She fingered the tip of the blade Memnoch had handed her, a gift from the Prince, and it dawned on her that a man like Memnoch would not blindly follow just anyone. That realization was almost immediately followed by another. Memnoch had been more important that she initially understood. He would be sorely missed and Ari’eil understood why Enoch was upset.

"Why wouldn't he be upset! Every vampire in the city should be revolted that the Prince's most trusted bodyguard, companion and one of the city's most powerful vampires, was slain by mere humans. Since when do hunters get killed by their food. It disturbs the natural balance of things. The Prince was right, things have to change..." A smile again appeared on her face as she knew that right there and then, change was taking place... and she was in the thick of it. Closing her eyes, the sounds of screams and despair filled the room and the words of her Sire came crashing back: "Hunt the hunter. Kill the killer." These mortals were stepping into her territory, and if they got the slip on a man like Memnoch, she'd have to use every ounce of her skill to ensure that they were the one's who met their maker.

Quote:
"Find something to do."
The Prince left the room with Malachi following in close suit. Ari'eil headed towards where Master Loren had left two blue gem rings. Picking it up, she made out both the ring designs; a scarab and the eye of Ra. These rings were the meant only for the leader of the Order. Pocketing them, she headed straight out the door and for the Order. Making sure she wasn’t followed, she waited in the alleyway until she was approached. It was another Order member , not an Elder, but definitely one she knew was progressing up the ladder. She removed the rings from a small silk pouch and handed them to the kindred. He replied somberly, the emotion evident in his voice: “I’ll notify the Order.” As he was about to turn to leave, Ari'eil stopped him: “I need access to the crucible."

A look of anger crossed his face, but almost immediately it was replaced with a look of sadness again: “I guess there is no reason you cannot. I will arrange for someone to guide you.”

“Thank you.” She bowed slightly.

Nebb 06-12-2009 03:11 PM
Charlie Kovac watched at how easily Agent Ty seemed to handle his newly acquired Bullpup. Lifting up his own MP5 from the table, the metal grip felt foreign in his hands. Picking up a magazine, he flicked the switch to position ‘0’ and clipped the cartridge into the receiving chamber, staring at it for a moment. “Something was not…”

Subconsciously and almost without thinking, he locked the cocking handle into the special slot in the rear position, leaving the bolt in the open position and no cartridge in the chamber, and turned the safety off. His training told him that in order for the MP5 to fire, all he needed to do was simply release the cocking handle from its notch and pull the trigger. The major advantage of the bolt being in this position was that it allowed the MP5 larger amounts of sustained fire, without the issues like the barrel overheating and the resulting cook-off problems. The only thing that was sacrificed was improved accuracy over medium to long distances. Charlie grabbed another two extra clips, as a grin formed on his face: “They sure do train us to do this kind of stuff in our sleep…” he thought to himself as he fitted a cartridge to the chamber, shouldered the MP5 and kitted up.

As Ty took what looked like short sword off a hook on the wall Charlie immediately sensed something important about the blade. He could see strands of Prime weaved into the sword and the runes seemed to slide over the blade. To anyone else, it just looked like a normal short sword. “Hmmm…”

Charlie followed the Lieutenant to the northern section of the compound, and he did so lugging a rucksack, a MP5, a side arm, various flash bangs and grenades, and an array of other equipment, through various passageways. It dawned on him that he must look like an idiot and that if he had to lug all this equipment into a close quarters combat environment, that it would severely hamper his ability to get up close and personal. The passageways were narrow, and the windows closed, so it was no surprise that it was incredibly hot and humid there. It made sense that the windows and doors were rarely opened, but with the sweat was already running down his back, his suit damp and the heat from the added balaclava, his combat goggles were starting to fog up.

“All this armour, all this equipment! How is a man supposed to move like a fighter when his covered in all this crap?” The thought made Charlie come to a dead stop. In his frustration and heat, something dawned on him: “Why was moving like a fighter so important to me…?” He played the thought over in his mind for a moment, but there was no revelation. “Pull your **** together man.” he told himself. He picked up the pace and caught up to the Lieutenant. As they neared the northern part of the building the hairs on the back of Charlie’s neck stood on end. Again he sensed the flow of Prime, but this time he couldn’t pinpoint its location.

“Lieutenant, I’m picking up some kind of reading. I believe it may be class-M ENE related activity. It’s not a threat, but a signature of sorts, perhaps from having done something in this area. Let me take the lead.”

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:32 am 
Savior

SeditiousAmbitions 06-28-2009 06:47 PM
Malachi did not react as Enoch picked through what he knew about Malachi. It was all true but at the same time, very little as far as information went. He pondered the question. Cleansing would be an easy task as he had no real ties to any of the Kindred in this city so there would be no personal interferences. However, he was extremely curious about what sort of activity the other factions were up to.

After carefully considering his words, Malachi answered his Prince. “M’lord, I feel very strongly that I should head up your housekeeping operation. I have no personal ties and am powerful enough to confront any betrayers.” The enjoyment in his voice was obvious. Malachi had a sweet tooth for weak vampires. He never feed from them for nourishment, but it was degrading for a vampire to be bled out by a fellow member of the night. “As far as your reconnaissance missions, I would definitely like to participate, but I am not an expert at such things so only small tasks in that respect.”

Malachi moved away from the painting and walked around looking at the books and collecting the titles off of the bindings. He made note a few he would like to read once he got the chance. He pivoted and faced Enoch. Truly, the two of them would frighten or rather, should frighten just about anyone and everyone.

braioch8201 07-02-2009 07:09 PM
Enoch's eyes swept over his face, reading every little emotion and nuance that flitted past. He was sure the Vampire would more than likely enjoy it, perhaps a little more than he should. His abilities were not under suspicion, then again he knew that Malachi wouldn't care a bit if his loyalty was under question, probably expected it in all reality. Enoch turned from the Vampire, his eyes seeming to scan the titles that lay out in front of him.

He turned and stared at Malachi, the resemblance in some ways, personality wise, were a little uncanny. Sure he was a little more stable, but malicious, eager for a fight, causing chaos here and there. That was all there, and it seemed to begrudge Enoch to this immortal. He sighed and turned about again, and grabbed a book, an older book, covered in red.

He held the book up, "The Art of War...brilliant book, even though it was written by mortals, sometimes they get something right."

He regarded the other Vampire for a moment, "very well, when I've orchestrated enough of a team together, you will be called. In the meantime you will stay by me, I will be needing to make sure you're dependable after all, keep your friends close after all..."

He let the sentence trail off as he leaned over and pushed the intercom button, "send in Ari'eil, immediately."

Nebb 07-03-2009 08:46 AM
Leaving the Order with a bejeweled sword wrapped in a sheet, Ari'eil headed back to the mining shaft where the events of the evening had unfolded. Exiting the elevator, one of Enoch's guards tried to grab her by the arm. Tried and failed. Instead Ari'eil's hand shot out, twisting the burly man's hand into a submissive lock. She then took a moment to decide his fate. The evenings events had effected her abilities, much the same way adrenalin effected a human, and tonight her senses were sharper than ever.

Realizing the inappropriateness of the situation, Ari'eil quickly released her hold on the guard. Taking a step back she tried not to look the kindred in the eye; provoking his beast now would not be difficult. "I'm sorry. It seems all this evenings proceedings has left me... edgy."

The vampire stared her down as he spat out his message: "The Prince is expecting you." She nodded, again not making eye contact.

"Enoch back from the dead. Memnoch's demise setting off a chain of events that has left all the council members dead. The Ordo Dracul's Order Master slaughtered like an insignificant animal." Thoughts raced through Ari'eil's mind as she entered the room where Enoch and Malachi stood waiting. Giving a slight bow, she slid back the shawl that covered her head, neck and shoulders.

Having heard of the attack in the sewers under the Mage's quarters, Ari'eil had snuck into the sewers, not even an hour after the attack, to find some proof of the Prince's demise. The only thing she had found however, was an bejeweled ornamental sword, lying in a foot of feces and water. It was the same sword Enoch had taken with to his meeting with the mages, the same one that he had possessed the first time she had met him. Having found little else to go on, she returned to her Order Master who explained to her that with complete certainty that Enoch had been killed. The kindred community had also accepted the word of the elders, especially since there was no evidence to the contrary.

Removing the sword from underneath her shawl, she held it out to Enoch. She allowed the sheet that covered the blade to slide off, revealing a bedazzling array of gems encrusted on the hilt.

"My Prince."

braioch8201 07-03-2009 06:02 PM
Enoch eyed the blade in her hand, his pulse quickened, memories rushing to his mind, but then like smoke, were gone. He blinked and took the sword carefully, holding it up high in front of him. His eyes trailed the shining blade, eyes falling on the glittering jewels in the hilt. The blade had been unharmed by anything down there, and he suspected it had been cleaned. His eyes flickered over to Ari'eil, watching her carefully for a moment. He wondered how she managed to come acrossed it, and it occured to him that she may very be the one who brought evidence to the council of his demise.

He sat the blade down on the desk in front of him carefully, pausing for a moment, "I understand your position, if I am to remember correctly, you were very close with one of the council members. I loathe what had to be, but it was necessary nonetheless. This isn't a time for questioning or discussion, we are at war and complete obedience is the new necessity."

He sat down, his cold eyes locked on Ari'eil, "if I may be so bold, you besides myself are the only ones who would even remotely mourn the death of Memnoch. While he will have meant more to me than to you in many ways, mourning is mourning, and I respect that. If I dare so it, I even crave, need even, the knowledge of another being who feels even the remotest sorrow over that loss."

His finger traced the blade in front of him, taking a moment to consider his next words before speaking, "nevertheless, there is work to be done here, and you're needed as well. You know much about this city, many nooks and crannies, the inner workings of this place, it is your skill after all, to obtain knowledge. Which is exactly what I am in need of. You see I need to know not only what the humans who oppose us all are doing, but what the others, the Mages and Lycans are up too. Their incompetence and futile fighting and strife has cost us all far too much. So I am taking the time to put together a team that will deal with gaining this knowledge, from the shadows of course, but if there are other ways, than that it is to be done as well."

Another flicker of the eyes, "so...what do you have to say in all of this? Be honest and forward."

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:32 am 
Savior

Scambo 07-04-2009 08:02 PM
Ty scanned the dark streets slowly, the luminescent green of the NOD's giving the scene an alien appearance as opposed to the opaque night. There was movement down the street, swift and almost imperceptible, a feat no human would be able to manage. With a swift thumb, he set the safety to the 'off' position and fanned out with the long barrel of the Bullpup. He slowly reached up and toggled the switch on his goggles to the thermal vision setting and crept forward, surrounded by dull blue walls and red-orange lights beneath the heat sensor. Suddenly, his vision was dominated by a heaving figure, one radiating heat and clogging his vision with its hot breath. A sudden blow sent him hurtling back, gun battered from his grip and pain lancing across his body in waves from where the blow had landed.

He rose slowly, his body battered but otherwise unharmed, the world flickered from luminescent green, to thermal, to off and back again, all settings dimmed significantly by one of the goggles being shattered. He peeled off the now useless NODs and tossed them aside, feeling fresh air touch his eyes, and sweat cool as he threw the broken helmet they were attached to away as well. He pushed off the wall he leaned up against and scanned the night for whatever had hit him. His partner was nowhere to be seen. Rushing forward, his naked eyes blinded by the veil of darkness that came with the disappearance of the sun. He spotted his attacker and charged forward, energies provided to him by his implants coursing through him.

He lunged at the beast, imbued with power and looking to end the fight. He crashed into the creature's midsection, dragging it down and slamming it hard into the concrete. There was something......familiar.... about the feel of its fur, the softness of its skin..........pictures battled for supremacy and he was stunned by they're swiftness and vividness. He forced the images down and pushed back against the now surging beast, staring into its brown eyes and feeling that same sense of familiarity from before.

Can't....get distracted.....or else.....

eferhilda 07-05-2009 07:17 PM
Snapping jaws and a snarl tried to get at the being that now held her pinned to the floor, her rage clouding her judgment and hindering her actions as she struggled with the surprising strong foe. It was slow with her rage but soon a scent that she would never be able to forget assaulted her senses, making her stop struggling as she forced herself to focus where the scent was coming from. Now that the humans helmet was gone she could clearly see his face and most importantly his eyes....those blue eyes that use to stare lovingly down at her as they laid together within the comfort of her den or the warmth of his bed. Those blue eyes that she yearned for when she was away from them and had the ability to make her relax calming her inner beast when she was upset. It was those blue eyes that she was looking into right now as she laid there pinned beneath the human.... “Jack....” she spoke it softly.

Shey stopped struggling as she just held him at bay for the most part as she allowed her body to shift back to her human form, “Jack....Jack its Sheyera.... its me Shey.” she said her voice breaking a bit from the emotions that threatened to overwhelm her as she stared up into the eyes of her mate and saw no recognition there. The man that she loved with all her heart and soul he did not know her and was in fact trying to kill her, silent tears rolled down her cheeks as she slowly began to lose the will to fight, the will to live.

If she did not have Jack nothing else would really matter and well it was better to die at his hands then to die alone without him. “I love you Jack, even though you may not know who I am anymore or who we were to one another I still love you and will love you forever.” she said softly to him as she closed her eyes and allowed her body to relax completely hoping that he would at least end her fast so that she did not have to suffer for too long in this world without him a moment longer.

eferhilda 07-05-2009 07:17 PM
Snapping jaws and a snarl tried to get at the being that now held her pinned to the floor, her rage clouding her judgment and hindering her actions as she struggled with the surprising strong foe. It was slow with her rage but soon a scent that she would never be able to forget assaulted her senses, making her stop struggling as she forced herself to focus where the scent was coming from. Now that the humans helmet was gone she could clearly see his face and most importantly his eyes....those blue eyes that use to stare lovingly down at her as they laid together within the comfort of her den or the warmth of his bed. Those blue eyes that she yearned for when she was away from them and had the ability to make her relax calming her inner beast when she was upset. It was those blue eyes that she was looking into right now as she laid there pinned beneath the human.... “Jack....” she spoke it softly.

Shey stopped struggling as she just held him at bay for the most part as she allowed her body to shift back to her human form, “Jack....Jack its Sheyera.... its me Shey.” she said her voice breaking a bit from the emotions that threatened to overwhelm her as she stared up into the eyes of her mate and saw no recognition there. The man that she loved with all her heart and soul he did not know her and was in fact trying to kill her, silent tears rolled down her cheeks as she slowly began to lose the will to fight, the will to live.

If she did not have Jack nothing else would really matter and well it was better to die at his hands then to die alone without him. “I love you Jack, even though you may not know who I am anymore or who we were to one another I still love you and will love you forever.” she said softly to him as she closed her eyes and allowed her body to relax completely hoping that he would at least end her fast so that she did not have to suffer for too long in this world without him a moment longer.