All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:23 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Sirius just looked at Moony as she talked, trying to take it all in and not get too hit by just how much time had to have passed since he had last seen Moony. To him, it seemed that hardly any time had passed at all, time just seemed to move faster at school, but in front of him was the proof that clearly a lot of time had actually passed.
“I think you look good,” he said with a bright smile, really and genuinely thinking that Moony looked great; broken nose and all.
Unable to hold it in, Sirius diminished the remainder of the distance between them and hugged Moony. Even if it was easy for Sirius to lose track of time at school, he did have moments of missing Moony so terribly, still considering her to be one of his best friends in the entire world.
“And I missed you.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:26 pm 

Moony had to suppress the urge to recoil from the embrace, but found little discomfort in the feeling of Sirius' arms around him. Instead, it made his stomach flip, finding that the embrace had changed with Moony's sudden growth spurt; the last time they had seen each other, Sirius had easily draped himself across Moony's back. It took Moony out of it for a second, the weight of the embrace catching him off guard.
Somewhat hesitantly, Moony returned the embrace. Sirius sudden close proximity invoked several polar different emotions in Moony, still uncertain whether or not he wanted to prolong the embrace or cut it short. Together with Sirius' compliment, Moony felt like his cheeks were on fire.
"I missed you, too," he admitted, quick to let go of Sirius; he took half a step back, out of reach. It really was unfair how easily Sirius managed to fluster Moony, and even more so, how easily Moony melted back into their friendship. Restlessly, he shoved his hands into his pants pockets.
"How're you doing at home?" Moony asked because he cared about Sirius' well being, but equally so to disguise any lingering feelings of abandonment; he wanted Sirius to know he understood that Sirius was staying at school due to his parents, and not Moony himself. At least that was what Moony had told himself. "Is it bad being back?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:30 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

There was something undeniable different in their interaction that Sirius couldn’t quite pinpoint. Maybe it was just the fact that it had been so long, so many milestones had passed both of them by and it was difficult to stay the same.
However, Sirius refused to think too much of it, just wanting the time he did get to have with Moony to be the best possible.
He had had a lot to think about in the past couple of weeks, things that made his head spin and made him feel almost sick to his stomach. It was so much easier to just hang out and pretend that it was exactly like the old days.
“It’s terrible,” he said, the smile of his lips lessening as he thought about being in the manor. It was suffocating and if it hadn’t been for Moony, he didn’t even know what he would have done. Sometimes it seemed a lot easier to just run away and never come back.
“My mother hates my hair and keeps telling me every single time she sees me,” he said, running a hand over said hair, which was long and tied in a messy bun, strands of hair escaping from it and framing his face. “Both of them think that my grades suck and that I should stop playing lacrosse to focus on my studies. So you know, same old.”
Sirius really didn’t want to talk about his home life, but he also knew that Moony was the only one he trusted to understand. James did his best, but he didn’t have the same background with him as Moony had.
“Let’s not talk about them. What have you been up to?”

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:20 am 

Sirius' little terrible knocked the air out of Moony's lungs. He felt awful on Sirius' behalf, sharing his disappointment in his parents. He had really hoped their behaviour would change when they only saw their son thrice in a year, but it seemed that the tension between them continued to grow even when apart, making Sirius' the target of months worth of unresolved irritation.
At the mention of Sirius' hair, Moony's eyes flickered, though he remained silent. While Moony had always taken an issue with his own hair, enough for him to recently cut it short, it was apparent to him that it didn't translate to Sirius' hair; Moony's heart flipped in his chest whenever Sirius ran a hand through it, often wanting to do so himself. Because of that, he didn't comment on it, even when Sirius was in clear need for encouragement.
"Nothing," he admitted plainly, seeing no point in pretending otherwise. Sirius' departure had left a big void in Moony's life. While he felt no real resentment towards Sirius for leaving, it would also be pointless pretending it had managed to make him more sociable with other peers. "Just been here, really."
Needing to move to ease the lull the topics had left over the interaction, Moony shifted, stepping around Sirius to the broken ladder.
"Haven't had anybody come out here to fix it," he said, wanting it to sound off handed when really it was a shy confession that he still honoured the promises he'd made with Sirius years ago. Moony climbed the ladder undeterred by it's, stepping onto the remaining nobs where the broken steps were bolted to the poles. "Still does the job, though."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:14 pm 

Seeing Moony climb up to the hunting post with what remained of the ladder made Sirius smile in a way that took him back to when they were smaller. There was something about this place that always made Sirius feel carefree and happy and he knew that a lot of it had to do with Moony.
It was easy to just be happy and carefree around Moony, because he knew that she would never judge him for anything. She really was his only solace in this godforsaken place and he knew that if it hadn’t been for her, he would have to do something drastic.
“Still does the job yeah,” he said with a crooked grin, as he climbed the ladder as well. It took some manoeuvring but he managed to do it as well, though not with the same ease as Moony seemed to have with it.
Once he managed to get up in the post, he was overwhelmed by a sense of comfort and home. It felt weird to feel at home in an old, abandoned hunting post, but he knew that the post would always feel like a safer place to him than the manor ever would.
He moved to the edge of the post, sitting down with his legs dangling over the edge and feeling at ease.
“I love this place.”

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:08 pm 

There was something deeply comforting about hearing Sirius speak in present tense. Moony knew with certainty that he had been the only one visiting the hunting post for the last several months, and yet he felt no real sense of entitlement to it; it was still, just as much Sirius' as it was his.
It took him a few moments to finally join Sirius, seating himself by his side. Resting his heel onto the lip of the platform, Moony pulled his knee to his chest. It helped distinguish the space between them, Moony having a greater area of contact with himself than with the few inches of his hip that brushed against Sirius.
"I do, too," he finally replied, the pause being so big it made it come out meeker. Resting his chin onto his knee, Sirius was only a shape at the corner of Moony's field of vision, "It's good to have you back here."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:52 pm 

As they were sitting next to each other and got to just take in the woods, no sense of urgency overwhelming either of them, Sirius realised just how much of his experience of being home was tied directly to being together with Moony.
He knew, deep within his heart, that he never would have lasted at home for as long as he had, had it not been for the fact that he had the hunting post and Moony to escape to. It was something he was eternally grateful for and something he knew that he would never be able to express properly just how much it meant to him.
“I am glad to be back here,” he said, weight on the here, as in the hunting post only.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:26 pm 

The gentle pacing of the conversation was comforting to Moony. They both seemed to have so much to say it barely even came out; and perhaps that was for the better. There was peace in the silence that fell between them, for Moony understood precisely what Sirius' meant.
Shifting far enough for him to rest his cheek onto his knee, Moony turned to look at Sirius, a smile barely there on his lips. As many changes as Moony saw in his own reflection, he saw in Sirius' profile; he felt certain he could spend hours looking at his friend, trying to track the passing 4 months on the way he had grown into his features just a bit more. "I know."
He considered sharing that his last four months had felt suffocating, his real life becoming increasingly harder and harder to return to. It wasn't the first time Moony had just sat at the hunting post with the sole aim to stop existing. Moony, however, liked it better with Sirius around, finding that he didn't mind existing if Sirius was the only one to witness it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:50 pm 

For a moment, Sirius just allowed the silence of the woods to creep into the hunting post, enjoying the moment of quiet, something that he rarely got at school. He liked just existing around Moony, liking how she seemed to be the only one who truly understood him. Moony never expected much from him and that was a huge part of why Sirius enjoyed her company so much, liking to just get to exist without having to think about what he was doing.
“Have you ever kissed someone, Moony?” Sirius asked suddenly, realising just how many things had passed the by in the months that Sirius had been back at school. He still thought of how it had felt to be kissed by James and how it had triggered something in him that he felt a need to talk about, but he had no idea how to start that conversation.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:32 pm 

A question had quite possibly never caught Moony this ill prepared, nothing about their interaction having alluded to the fact that this was the conversation Sirius intended to string up. Immediately feeling his face flush, Moony shifted, eyes leaving Sirius. Instead, he moved far enough for his cheek to brush against the side of his knee, face mostly obscured to Sirius' view. His eyes were deadbolted onto his own shoe, a ringing to his ears.
"Why do you ask?" he countered, his immediate instinct being defensive, though his voice was choked up with embarrassment.
Even while looking away, every ounce of his attention remained on Sirius. Desperately needing to regain his footing, Moony scratched at the nettle stings around his bare ankle, a shot of pain going up his leg. For a brief moment, it was perfect. Then reality once again seeped into his peripheral vision.
Moony really didn't have a clue what the right answer was, going into the conversation blind. He was willing to lie and said that he had, if he thought that was the answer Sirius was hoping for, though he doubted his friend would believe him. Even though there had been many changes over the course of the last few months, Moony doubted Sirius would believe he had managed to make another friend, let alone meet anyone else he'd want to kiss.
When he spoke there was a shyness to his voice, reluctant to speak on it. "I haven't."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:08 pm 

Even if Sirius himself had been the one to start the conversation, he still didn’t feel quite sure on how to proceed. He knew that there were things that he wanted to talk about and specifically wanted Moony to know about him, but he really didn’t know how to voice them.
It didn’t surprise him to see Moony shy away from him and the question and it almost made him regret his way of starting the conversation. However, now that the topic was out in the open, Sirius found it easier to get to what he actually wanted to talk about.
“I have,” he rushed out, feeling uncharacteristically shy and timid about it all. It had all just been meant as a piece of fun for he and James, neither of them thinking too much of it. That was, until afterwards where it was the only thing Sirius could think about.
Normally, this was something he would discuss with James, but he knew that he couldn’t; not with this. He also knew that it was going to be a difficult conversation with Moony, but she was all that he had.
“I’ve kissed James,” he said, looking at the woods around the and trying hard to gather his thoughts, which were racing. “I think I like blokes.”

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:02 pm 

Moony's throat had closed up the moment Sirius had admitted to having kissed someone. It was a bitter disappointment, the grueling knowledge that Moony was just a barely a presence in the great expanse of Sirius life. He hated knowing that there were others who wanted to kiss Sirius, but even worse was the confirmation that Sirius had wanted to kiss them too.
Hearing it was James, who Sirius had kissed, should have made Moony's blood boil with a greater feeling of jealousy than he had yet to experience, but, instead, it felt like the platform had disappeared beneath him, the admission that followed sending Moony's mind spinning and heart racing.
Moony, who had been so reluctant to look at Sirius, turned to do so, the surprise evident in his expression.
Sirius was looking into the woods, but Moony could tell his attention was on him regardless; it sent a wave of adrenaline through him, feeling close to his friend for the first time in a year.
His movements clumsy with inexperience and relief, Moony shifted, his knee dropping from his chest as he turned towards Sirius. Acting like he had been granted a permission he hadn't known he had been searching for, Moony reached out for Sirius' face with both his hands, cupping his cheeks with enough intent to turn his head towards him.
Then, off centered and urgently, Moony finally kissed Sirius.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:55 pm 

There were many ways that Sirius had thought that Moony might react to his coming out, but the kiss had not been any of them. It was startling and a far cry from what Sirius knew that a kiss could be, which only served to further cement what Sirius already knew about himself.
Carefully, desperate not to hurt his friend, even if he deep down knew that it was inevitable, Sirius pushed Moony away, had on her shoulder. He had to make sure that she understood what he was telling her even if it was probably going to ruin their friendship.
Without Moony around, Sirius knew that being home was going to be absolute torture, but having the truth out was more important to Sirius. Now that he had started telling Moony about this part of him, he knew that he could go back to how things were.
“Moony, please,” he said, his voice soft as if it would be able to soften the blow.
“You got to listen,” he added, softly removing his hand and scooting a little away, needing a bit of distance such that he could think clearly. “I think I only like blokes. I’m sorry.”

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:37 am 

Moony had always anticipated the rejection, even before he had ever considered kissing Sirius. He had always known it was inevitable that he'd ask more of Sirius than the other wanted to give, that their friendship wouldn't be able to withstand just how greedily and selfishly Moony relied on Sirius.
His grip had gone limp the moment Sirius pulled away, complacently allowing Sirius to move away from him. Moony had turned his gaze away from Sirius, somewhere a few feet to he left of him. It was, after all, no surprise to him that while Sirius wanted to kiss guys, it didn't mean he'd wanted to kiss Moony. Moony could understand that, and he knew he could fall deep beneath his bedcovers and pillows and reemerge by summer and be okay.
When Sirius elaborated, Moony tensed up with a frightened surprise. His eyes jerked back onto Sirius, a moment of panicked confusion in his gaze as he searched for the context he so clearly didn't understand. And then, for the first time in years, Moony was able to see a glimpse herself through the eyes of the beholder.
Moony's heart dropped with such violence it felt like it had split their being in half, feeling an ache Moony had yet to experience, white hot iron that blurred their vision though no tears came. Once again turning their gaze away from Sirius, Moony stared do the abyss beneath them, fingers gripping at the edge of the platform hard enough for the knuckles to go white.
When Moony finally spoke he no longer recognized his voice.
"Oh," he said, suddenly heartbroken, but in a voice that wasn't his. He stopped speaking after that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:47 pm 

Sirius felt sick to his stomach when he realised just how badly he had had to have hurt Moony. He always felt that their friendship had had an expiration date, for some reason or another, and yet he had hoped that he had been wrong.
“I’m sorry,” he said, his voice small with the reality of just how badly he had messed up.
A part of him wanted to like Moony like that, knowing that it would probably be easy to fall in love with her. It only served to further prove to him just how right it was that he liked blokes, even if it still felt scary to admit to himself.
He desperately wanted to say more, but he knew that there was nothing more to say. Anything else he could potentially say would probably just make Moony even more upset, and that was the last thing he wanted to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:40 pm 

Not knowing what to say, Moony shook his head in a mindless response, barely comprehending what Sirius had said to him, the rejection still ringing in his ears.
"I get it," Moony choked out. There was no bite to the answer, sounding deflated rather than upset. Moony's throat had knotted up to the point where it was hard to breathe, making his lungs burn and eyes sting, though tears had yet to form in his eyes.
He had already turned away from Sirius when he continued, his hands shaking with strain when he finally did let go of the planks. "I should've understood."
Moony had only moments ago relished in Sirius' undivided attention but now he could barely stand the fact that Sirius was looking at him. Moony had used Sirius as a mirror for years, having based his own sense of self in how Sirius perceived him. Suddenly, Moony no longer knew what Sirius saw looking at him, and it made his stomach turn, feeling like they had ceased to exist on the same plane of reality.
"I should go," Moony muttered, having already shifted his posture far enough that he could stand himself back up. He had phrased it as if there was an alternative, but he was well aware of the fact that Sirius wouldn't ask him to stay. "I'm sorry."
Once standing Moony didn't hesitate, not even long enough to send a last lingering gaze in Sirius direction. He saw no point in it, knowing he wouldn't survive seeing the pity in Sirius' expression. He climbed down the ladder with ease, hopping off it where the step had broken, but this time landing on his feet.
Without looking back up, Moony shoved his hands into his pockets and went home.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:04 pm 

Despite rationally knowing that he hadn’t actually done anything wrong, Sirius couldn’t help but feel completely sick to his stomach. Even if neither of them had said anything definitive, Sirius couldn’t help but feel that their friendship was completely over.
Sirius couldn’t help but watch Moony leave, hit by a terrible feeling that this was it. Their friendship, which had always been the most steady things in his life, had reached its end and Sirius so wished that he had known that before he had went to see his best friend.
A part of him wanted to yell for Moony, ask her to come and tell him properly goodbye, but he knew that it was over; a thick sense of finality finally sinking over him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:30 pm 

Remus was aimlessly looking up at endless racks of tires and had been doing so for a while. His hands were in his pockets, having loitered about the perimeter of garage for the last few minutes while a mechanic was attending Miriam and her battered Volvo. On her request, Remus kept close enough for him to hear the exchange, though he hardly knew what she expected him to gather from it.
Remus was only there in the first place because Miriam had expressed a worry that she would get a worse deal if she showed up to the garage alone, even despite the glowing recommendations she had gotten on the shop. She had argued Remus' mere pretense would be sure to save her a small fortune, and Remus had found that specific kind of flattery to be the most effective kind of bribery.
Not that it translated to anything particularly useful; the mechanic could just as well be speaking Russian, making it easy for Remus’ attention to drift around the room.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:34 pm 

It was a completely ordinary day for Sirius at the garage, working on a car for a regular client of his, who specialised in older American cars. It was a good challenge for him and something he enjoyed to do, which was why the client kept coming back for him.
He had only just put his jumpsuit back over his shoulders, on his way out to have a break, when he heard someone call “doc” from the other end of the garage. Placing the cigarette he had been intending to light behind his ear, he went to join his coworker, who he could see was with a client.
“What’s up?” He asked, only then realising that the female client seemed to have a male companion with her. It wasn’t uncommon for women to bring someone with them to their appointments, probably fearing that they were going to get ripped off, and this time Sirius couldn’t help but hope that the fella was just a good friend of his.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:44 pm 

"I've got an old-world transmission box for you to look at," the mechanic told his coworker, a humoured grin forming on his lips even as he continued to scribble down a rough summary of the issue Miriam had described to him.
With a considerable delay, he nodded towards the open hood of the Volvo, lips parting though seemingly unable to continue that train of thought while simultaneously dot his I's. "Once you're back from break, will you let us know whether its even worth the trouble?"
Remus must have heard the same thing Miriam did; as if on cue, the two had turned to look at each other. Remus hadn’t been paying particular notice of the content of the conversation Miriam had with the mechanic, but the state of the car suddenly seemed much bleaker than it had a moment ago.
Miriam looked almost frightened at the possibility of her car unexpectedly being deemed unfixable, having driven it here without major complications.
Reluctantly, Remus returned to Miriam and her car.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next