All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:36 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Harry's eyes dipped at the movement in his peripheral vision; his attention was never truly captured by Draco raising his hand, however, once again lingering at Draco's mouth, before once again meeting Draco's line of sight.
The moment Draco's hand properly settled itself on Harry's shoulder, Harry felt his knees go weak. It wasn't heavy and yet it made Harry's breath catch in his throat as if it had been.
"That's fine," Harry replied softly, the touch having taken most of the tease out of his voice. The smile, however, remained. "I trust your judgement."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:41 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Everything about the situation seemed to be too much, that was the only thing that Draco was really aware of. It seemed that he was playing it too overtly, putting it on too thick, but as long as Harry didn’t pull away, nor seemed uncomfortable at all, it was difficult for Draco to stop. He wanted to run his hands through Harry’s hair again, but he doubted that that would be appropriate so he managed to refrain.
“Good, I need you to be in this as well after all,” he said with a soft smile trying not to to think about how close they were standing and how intimate it all seemed. It made Draco’s heart do flips and he cursed himself for being like that.
“Like earlier, as we were leaving,” he started, unsure why he would even bring this up, but now that he had started he found it impossible to stop. “You could’ve kissed me.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:06 pm 

The correction caught Harry completely unprepared, feeling like the rug had been pulled from underneath him, leaving him on steady ground. Then, his cheeks flushed, overwhelmed by the realization that Draco, too, had picked up on that fumble.
From Harry's perspective, he had done everything right, perfectly played the part of loving boyfriend; the fact that Draco seemed uncertain in whether or not Harry was in it completely blind sighted him. Nothing about Draco's demeanor was harsh or annoyed, only making it harder for Harry to interpret what had prompted the comment in the first place. Likewise, the distinction between could've and should've
"I thought maybe it was too public," Harry attempted as an explanation, not wanting to say he didn't kiss Draco precisely because he had wanted to kiss him.
His voice was lowered, even though nothing about this conversation was inherently inappropriate for their relationship. But that did mean Harry needed to compose himself; something he found terribly difficult to do when Draco's hands were still on his person.
"I'm sorry," Harry continued, trying to reply in the matter of a man who had inadvertedly hurt his partner due to a misinterpretation of the situation. It was dizzying, not sure if Harry was promising more than he could keep. "Now I know - Next time I'll make sure to kiss you."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:04 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

There was something endearing in the way that Harry seemed eager to please him. Maybe Draco was just imagining things and Harry simply wanted to go a good job for his father, but as they were standing there together on the curb, the intent to call a cab almost forgotten by the both of them, it was easier to believe that Harry was actually interested in Draco.
“Good,” he said with a relieved smile, the hand he had left resting on Harry’s shoulder instead moving out to finally run his hand through Harry’s hair again as he had wanted to several times already. As his hand reached Harry’s neck, it seemed impossible to not pull him in closer, finding that the moves of intimacy came too easy to him.
Electing to not think, Draco leant down to finally get the kiss he had not gotten earlier.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:07 pm 

The feeling of Draco's fingers raking through his hair sent a shudder through Harry, needles prickling down his spine in a way that he could almost fathom it being Draco's fingers trailing down the length of it. It was an utterly pitiful reaction, knowing he should feel embarrassed by the image the touch conjured in his mind's eye.
And then, just as Harry for the millionth time pictured Draco leaning in to kiss him, fantasy and reality seemed to overlap; Draco's lips really did meet Harry's in a kiss.
While the kiss caught Harry off guard it didn't manage to startle him, barely feeling present in his own being as it became increasingly hard to distinguish between what was necessary and what was indulgent.
It was, however, painfully obvious that Harry didn't return the kiss because he had to.Almost timidly, Harry shifted to prolong the proximity, fingers barely resting against Draco's hips, a steady point of reference as Harry stretched to better meet the kiss.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:35 pm 

When Harry met his kiss, it was impossible for Draco not to indulge in it. He had no idea if anybody was watching them, or if anyone was even around, but that really didn’t seem as important to Draco in right that moment.
The way their fingers were still intertwined and Harry’s gentle hand on Draco’s hips while Draco’s hand was still deeply buried in Harry’s hair spoke of an intimacy that probably shouldn’t be there. It was something that Draco didn’t want to think too much about, so he simply indulged on anything that Harry was giving him, leaning down to meet his kiss every step of the way and pulling him in close with his hand in his neck.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:14 am 

Every time Harry stretched, Draco seemed ready to welcome the new proximity, his grip adjusting in a way that made him appear insistent on keeping Harry close. Harry felt dizzy in the embrace, no longer certain if he could keep his balance if Draco wasn't there to keep him on his toes.
Through out entirety of the evening, Harry had been in a constant state of wanting to be close to Draco, subconsciously desperate to imitate the kiss they shared on the car ride there. Now that Draco was finally kissing him with a similar degree of interest, Harry wasn't sure he could actually bear it.
Harry felt the set boundaries between them chip away each time Draco's hand flexed against his scalp; it was, in every sense, a disaster waiting to happen. He couldn't tell why Draco had kissed them, yet he could easily recite every reason he had wanted him to. Maybe it was that specific distinction that made Harry's heart drop, feeling like he was selfishly prolonging a kiss that had only been practical.
Subsequently, Harry, finally, broke their kiss. Relaxing his posture, there was a lingering moment where Harry still stretched towards Draco without their lips meeting; then, he settled himself.
The fact that they were holding hands was suddenly intimate in a way it hadn't felt before, and Harry felt flushed, knowing he wouldn't get a moment's clarity until Draco's hands had completely left his person.
"I've missed you," he commented, voice low. It was something between a plead and a sincere remarm, and Harry didn't know which was worse. Attempting to emphasize the latter, a crooked smile appeared at the corner of his mouth. "I knew there was a reason I hadn't kissed you. It's too easy."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:00 pm 

A soft sigh left Draco as Harry broke the kiss, taking all of the strength he had within him to not reach down to meet his lips again. However, he was aware that he was drunk and that this was an act, something that was suddenly hitting him like a freight train, and he really didn’t want to make Harry uncomfortable.
The poor guy was already handling a lot more than what he probably was signing up for and he didn’t need Draco getting handsy, just because it had been a while since he had last been together with anyone. He removed his hand from Harry’s neck but kept the other intertwined with Harry’s. That way it wouldn’t look so sudden in case anyone was watching them.
“Let’s get a cab,” he stated, finding that he didn’t want to think too much of how easy Harry found it to kiss him, no matter how much of it was just pretend.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:02 pm 

A shudder went through Harry the moment Draco's hand left his neck, the flushed skin suddenly exposed to the chilly evening air. It immediately made him miss Draco's proximity; he could, however, not get himself to regret pulling away, needing to pace himself if he was to survive this.
"Yeah," he choked, no air left in his lungs.
When Draco didn't let go of Harry's hand, Harry didn't dare to do either. It felt like it added a juvenile air to the interaction as Harry stepped forward towards the line of parked cabs. More than juvenile, Harry realized, to any third party observer the touch might have appeared urgent. Harry felt his cheeks heat at the implications of Draco coming back with him, both true and feigned.
Clearly noticing Harry's glance, trying to judge which cab was available, the hotel vallet waved them on to the second car of the row. In the one ahead of them, a couple who had also attended the event was also getting in.
Harry smiled as he man offered them a parting nod, awkwardly aware of the state of his hair and the blush across his cheeks.
Not wanting to linger on it, it was Harry who this time around opened the door for Draco, finally finding it appropriate to let go of Draco's hand.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:37 pm 

Some thing that Draco hadn’t given much thought before, suddenly seemed hugely inappropriate now that it followed their kiss. The way their fingers were still intertwined as Harry pulled him towards a cab suddenly made a path for the night very clear for them, rather than it just being something that had been a mere thought, or even just a suggestion.
There could be no doubt in anyone’s mind what the two of them were up to and why they were going to get a cab with such urgency.
Draco managed to send an awkward grin to one of the other guests of the evening, before he entered the cab, unsure what to do about himself. As he was no longer holding Harry’s hand, he found that he missed it immediately and thus concluded that it was probably for the better. He needed to remember that it was fake and the fact that he had to keep reminding himself of the fact didn’t bode well for him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:41 pm 

All Harry had done since closing the car door behind Draco had been to circle the car and seat himself; and yet, by the time closed the door behind him, his demeanor spoke of greater strain. Relaxing into the seat, Harry exhaled, feeling more flushed than was reasonable of it all.
Though he had to remind himself that this wasn't one of Malfoy's drivers, and that this was very much still a public interaction, Harry felt like this was, given the proceeding many hours, a break.
Harry felt utterly exhausted, and yet it seemed like there was a million things still to be done before he could call it a night; primarily, whether or not he'd actually be spending the night with Draco.
Not knowing how to go about asking about Draco's expected sleeping arrangements, since he so intently refused his father's offer to drive back to the manor, Harry finally shifted, despite his exhaustion.
Undoing the clasps of the military coat to ease the movement, Harry straightened his posture to better address the driver.
"The Langham, mate, thank you."
It was only when Harry relaxed back into the seat that he tipped his head over to look at Draco. Maybe the other had come to regret the choice; maybe it had never been a true choice, and solely a rejection of Lucius. If the case was, Harry figured Draco could take the cab the rest of the way to the countryside.
That logic, however, didn't seem to deafen Harry's doubts.
"Or what?" he asked, trying to appear boyish and easygoing about it, when truly, wanting a straight answer was eating him up inside.
As if to force that tonal shift, Harry's hand left his coat to instead settle on Draco's knee. It at least felt reassuring knowing the cabbie didn't know if their fake relationship was one of a month or the intended year and a half.
"You're really coming back with me?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:05 pm 

It was absolutely impossible to read Harry’s tone.
Draco desperately wanted to not intrude and he wanted to ask more practical questions about how far Harry was willing to take their act, but he also knew that he couldn’t possibly do that in front of the cab driver. While the driver likely didn’t care too much about the two of them, Draco knew they couldn’t run the risk of him being able to recognise them, probably mostly Draco, and then start spreading stories later.
Thus, it seemed impossible to communicate honestly with Harry and Draco just had to hope that he wasn’t intruding too much on him.
“Of course I am,” he said, reaching out to take Harry’s hand. It was both to convey the intimacy of a young couple going to share a hotel room for the night, but also in the hopes of making Harry understand that this wasn’t something they necessarily had to do.
“Not going back to the manor when I can be with you instead.”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:04 am 

Harry didn't know what he had expected, but, in retrospect, there really hadn't been a way around this stalemate. It made their kiss seem that much more indulgent, now knowing they had been better off spending that embrace hastily deciding their sleeping arrangements.
That thought was on Harry's mind as he gingerly returned Draco's caress, better turning his hand into the touch. That touch, for once, felt like an intentional effort put into appearing affectionate.
Harry's eyes had dipped to their hands, feeling exhausted already. It wasn't that Harry found Draco's company particularly draining, nor that he minded sharing the hotel room with him for the evening. Harry was just tired.
With another heavy exhale, Harry shifted, free hand tugging at the seatbelt to give him enough leeway to shuffle a few inches closer to Draco. While he hadn't moved far enough for their shoulders to touch, their knees suddenly did.
"Remember how I told you I've still been having issues with insomnia?" Harry started softly, knowing well he hadn't ever told Draco such a thing. His voice, however, was honest; though it was phrased to fit the charade, Harry was being truthful.
He didn't want to linger about it, not knowing how to elaborate in a believable way his partner of several years wouldn't already know the details of the issue. Maybe, he decided after a few seconds of consideration, Draco wouldn't need further context being a medical professional. He could probably decipher the biggere context of Harry's sleeping issues, and why he was telling him.
So, when Harry tipped his head to look back up at Draco, he was, surprisingly, smiling. The smile, however boyish it was, appeared almost breathless with the contortion needed for him to change his state of mind. It left Harry with a flush to his cheeks.
Spreading his legs, Harry bumped his thigh up against Draco's. "Might keep you up tonight."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:02 pm 

Their conversation really wasn’t one they should be having with a stranger around to hear them, but Draco also appreciated them getting it out of the way before they actually got to the hotel. It was probably something they should have discussed rather than snogging just moments before, but Draco couldn’t find it in himself to regret that.
“You weren’t going to do that anyway?” He asked with a coy smile, bumping this leg back against Harry’s in a way that he hoped spoke of intimacy. It had been too long since he had been in a relationship like the one he and Harry were supposed to emulate, but he did think that they were both doing a rather good job at keeping up the act.
“Maybe you should be the one to worry about me keeping you awake all night,” he added with a grin, wanting Harry to somehow get that he understood what he was talking about. It wasn’t going to be a great arrangement, but they were going to have to make do.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:21 pm 

Even though it had been Harry who had chosen the tone of their pretend, backwards conversation, it still brought a flush to his cheeks to hear how effortlessly Draco played along. Harry had spoken of possibilities, even in the context of their fake relationship it didn't promise anything besides restless sleep; Draco's words, however, did.
The driver either hadn't heard of didn't care, and still Harry felt like he was under a magnifying glass. It was Schrödinger's charade; for now, the intimacy of their conversation was both necessary and utterly redundant, and Harry would never know for certain before it backfired on them.
With a considerable delay, the blush finally gave way for a dumb smile, making Harry shake his head. He simply couldn't think of a witty response that served any veiled purpose; all he could think of was yes please.
Instead, the intimacy was replaced elsewhere. Letting go of Draco's hand, Harry's easily landed a few inches above Draco's knee, the way the other had spread his legs making Harry's fingers curl around Draco's inner thigh in a loose grip.
Rather than being suggestive, the touch allowed Harry to lean up against Draco, stretching to mutter something in his ear.
"You get it, yeah?" Harry wanted to clarify, another little break of character veiled in the bigger picture.
He leaned away far enough to be able to get Draco in his sight, some of his weight still resting on Draco's leg. There was a smile on his lips as he looked like he was going to go on, this time at a civil distance, but reconsidered.
Once again leaning close, Harry offered Draco another private remark. "You're most welcome, but it might not be a pleasant sleep."
Then, as if to punctuate not only the matter but the perceived intimacy, Harry pressed a kiss to Draco's jaw.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:50 pm 

While the stolen touches, them leaning in closer to each other, and touching each other in a way that spoke of a lot more than what they both knew were going to happen, all made sense in their charade. They had no way of knowing how much the taxi driver was seeing and paying attention to, so it was better for them to keep the charade up, at least for now.
“I get it,” he said in a soft voice, which he was trying to keep steady as Harry placed a kiss to his jaw. It was hardly scandalous compared to what other things they had done tonight, but Draco had thought that they would be done with that for tonight, so it took him aback.
“I think I will manage,” he added.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:07 pm 

For the first time this entire evening, Harry was able to see a distinction between act. Despite the intimacy of their caresses, the simple fact that their conversation was entirely and mundanely truthful did wonders to separate one thing from another. If Harry was being honest to himself, this was probably the first time the entire evening he felt at properly at ease.
When Draco turned to look at him, the distance between them drastically diminishing, Harry just smiled, easy and above all relieved that Draco understood.
Relaxing back into his seat, Harry gave Draco's thigh a pat, then a squeeze; the touch, though perceivably suggestive, was nothing put an expression of genuine gratitude.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:44 am 

Draco was absolutely caught in an limbo about what to think about the entire situation. Sometimes it became utterly clear that this was all an act and that they didn’t actually had to be together like this, but other times the sincerity of their interactions shone through and that left Draco more confused than it offered him any sense of clarity.
The arrival at the hotel served as a huge relief to Draco and as he paid the driver, not even thinking of letting Harry pay, he felt that he had the situation under control once more. It was easier now that they didn’t necessarily have to stay as close anymore, even if he knew that their act wasn’t over just yet, but they were closer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:15 pm 

Harry, utterly exhausted, felt like this had been the easiest part, drifting through the arrival without being super aware of the smallest detail of his mannerisms. He found that it made a great difference not having to interact with each other with others; while there was witnesses to their act, it was all peripherical and in constant motion.
When they got out of the car, Harry doing so without Draco's help, Harry hadn't reached out for Draco to reestablished any form for physical touch, present enough in their bigger picture to know it wasn't necessary (and Harry, though at ease in the new way of their interaction, was still far to fragile to touch Draco in a way that would convey suppressed sexual desire).
Instead, Harry had walked half a step ahead of Draco, stealing a glance in his direction every now and then; when he wasn't looking, Harry was fiddling to get out the room key.
As they paused to wait for the elevator, Harry was aware of the attention of the night staff manning the reception. He had acknowledged them with a smile upon arrival, but felt fairly certain there had been a shift change while he had been out. Perhaps, he thought, this was the first time he'd experience Draco being recognized.
Wanting to compensate for the lack of PDA, Harry offered Draco the second key card to the room. His attention had been on Draco's face, a smile growing with a delay. While it probably read as intimate, Harry wanted to allow Draco access to the room independed of him.
"Dun wanna risk locking us out."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:52 pm 

Everything about their visit to the hotel, the receptionists clearly able to recognise Draco even if they were too polite to say anything about it, suddenly felt all the more real when Harry handed Draco the second key to his room. It was probably nothing, other than just an insurance that Draco would be able to leave the room and still come back without having to leave Harry locked in or something like that, however it suddenly seemed to cement the fact that they were going to sleep together, even if it was going to be in the most innocent sense of the word.
“Good, I still haven’t gotten Rome,” he stated, implying an earlier trip they had been on and simply hoping that Harry would pick up on it. It was probably unnecessary, but it left the impression of a serious relationship that had been going on for a while and everything counted in their act.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next