All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:10 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Tanis’ shift had gone by in a blur, leaving her without any time to speak of to consider what had went down nor how she felt about it. All she knew was that even thinking about Sinead made her feel giddy and girl-like in a way that she hadn’t for a long time.
Needless to say, she had not managed to get a lot of rest between her shift ending and her having to wake up to go to her meeting with Avi. Her nerves were on her sleeves as she exited the bus to walk the remainder of the way to the house she had visited so many times. After all, it had been one thing to kiss Sinead in the darkness of her kitchen or hiding in the back room at work, but Tanis honestly had no idea how she was going to hold herself upon seeing Sinead in her home again.
In a way, it felt like visiting the house for the very first time all over again, finding the sensation to be so new, feeling like she was being watched far more than she normally was, and it made her feel queasy. Maybe it had all been a stupid idea and she should have considered actually rejection Sinead, rather than letting both of them believe that this could come to anything.
These were thoughts that occupied Tanis’ mind as she knocked on the door, almost feeling like turning around and running away again, figuring that she would do better in jail anyway.
That, however, changed as soon as she saw Sinead.
Rationally, she knew that Sinead had had to have worn a wig the previous times she had seen her, it was only common sense after all, yet there was still an edge of shock upon seeing her without it.
Seeing Sinead did managed to quell Tanis’ nerves some, finding that she had gone back to feeling more like a school girl again rather than the wreck she had been moments before. Everything about Sinead was appealing to her and the more she learnt of the other woman the more she wanted to know.
“Hi,” she managed, her smile shy and her voice more confident than she would have thought it would be. “Sorry I’m early, busses to your place are ****.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:21 pm 

Feeling immensely reassured by the smile on Tanis' lips, Sinead couldn't help but grin, too.
"Yeah," she agreed, her voice more a laugh than an honest, coherent reply; her attention was far removed from thinking about which bus connections offered colored seating.
Even despite the itch in her fingers, Sinead took a step back, fully opening the door with her as she urged Tanis inside. It felt juvenile, awkwardly but with a sense of thrill trying to decide what was an appropriate greeting to offer Tanis. Sinead wanted to reach out for Tanis, brush any kind of caress against her skin that could convey that Sinead hadn't regretted a single thing. And yet, she didn't, at least having enough restraint to refrain from doing so, as long as the front door was open to the public.
"Come on in, I don't mind you being early."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:26 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

There was an undeniable thrill in being close to Sinead again, finding that she badly wanted to reach out and touch her, but unsure if she was allowed to do so. All the rules about their interactions were changed now that they were in the house that Sinead shared with Avi, her husband. It was overwhelming and whenever Tanis tried to get her line of thought under control, she found herself spiralling again.
“Good, I don’t wanna be a bother,” she said, smile still shy, as she properly entered the house. Despite how secure Tanis had felt about them the night before, all of her confidence had went right out the window now that they were faced with a new situation.
“How are you?” She asked as she closed the door behind her, trying to get a feeling of where they were standing right now, without right out having to ask.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:25 pm 

It felt like Tanis kept giving Sinead reasons to smile and so, the smile remained.
"I'm good," she replied, her voice soft and smooth; a stark difference to the way the corners of her mouth curled upwards in a grin. There was something about how tentatively polite Tanis was behaving, even having been in her home a good dozen times, that made Sinead want to snicker.
"How are you?" she countered, finding it only to be polite. The way she stepped closer to the other woman, however, made the question ring rhethorical, even though Sinead - at least in the back of her mind - did care to hear about Tanis' day. For now, her fingers carefully reached out, meeting Tanis' just above her elbow. "'You doing alright?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:48 pm 

“Am now,” Tanis said, not thinking before responding. It was completely undeniable that she liked being around Sinead and that she had greatly missed her presence, even if it had only been a matter of hours since she had last seen her.
It was clear to Tanis that she was far too smitten for her own good, especially when said infatuation was with a marred woman, but whenever she was around Sinead she couldn’t find herself to care too much. There was just something enticing about Sinead and Tanis found herself longing to be close to her constantly.
“I know that it’s silly but I missed you,” she said, her voice soft as to not alert Avi of her presence if the house just yet. It didn’t help that Sinead was touching her so carefully, making her want to lean in closer once again. Now that she had once experienced being close with Sinead once, it was all she could think about and she desperately wanted to get to do it again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:34 pm 

Even though Sinead would hardly think of herself as worth missing, the sentiment behind Tanis' phrasing still made her heart skip a beat. It was silly and juvenile, and still Sinead had no impulse to change it. While Sinead had never attempted to suppress her attraction of women into disappearance, it had become increasingly difficult having a safe outlet for it ever since she got married and moved. Now, in the privacy of her entryway with Tanis looking at her like that, Sinead felt like a cup overflowing.
"You did?" she pressed, the surprise of her voice softened by the smile that grew across her features. For a fraction of a moment, Sinead wished Tanis would repeat herself, if only to get to hear it again. "I'm sorry."
Her touch grew purposeful, the ghosting of her fingertips changing into a grip around her arm, urging her to step another fraction closer. "I sure hope you made it through your shift okay, regardless."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:14 pm 

Despite having been the one to initiate a more flirty conversation, Tanis was unsure if she felt ready to actually take it on. It seemed so risky with Avi so close by and yet she knew that she would never be able to resist Sinead, at least not for very long. Looking up at Sinead, Tanis suddenly felt extremely tiny, knowing that she wasn’t tall to begin with, but there really was something in their heigh difference that made her head spin.
She willingly moved closer to Sinead, not seeing the point in even trying to hide the fact that she was greatly attracted to her.
“I lived,” she said with a shy smile, suddenly feeling overwhelmed by just how close they were standing. It would be very easy to lean in to kiss Sinead once more, but the possibility seemed too overwhelming to her, not when she had no idea what Sinead wanted from her nor how she wanted to proceed with this.
Finding herself at a lack for words, Tanis mustered up what little courage she had to stretch up and place a quick kiss to Sinead’s cheek. She knew that it wasn’t a lot, but it was all she could find within herself to give for now.
“Glad to be here now.”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:05 am 

Sinead hadn't been deaf to the changes in their interaction. Even though they had gained so much, it was inevitable for the dynamic to change, forcing them backwards in other areas. Tanis once again seemed tentative in their home and their greeting, and reasonably so. To Sinead it was thrilling being at home, knowing with certainty that this was the best place they could be; knowing that sentiment wasn't returned, Sinead hadn't wanted to push for any more than a few lingering touches.
So, it was thrilling beyond words when Tanis, unexpectedly, crossed the line Sinead couldn't. It sent needles down her spine, turning her head towards Tanis, but the other woman had relaxed her stance far before Sinead could meet her lips.
It took a moment for Sinead's mind to uncloud far enough to even understand what Tanis was saying.
"I'm happy to have you," Sinead replied, a smile growing onto her lips with a delay.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:29 pm 

Relieved that the kiss had gone over well, still feeling uncertain about what exactly she was allowed to do and what Sinead would rather she didn’t, Tanis felt a lot more relaxed than she had for a while. It really didn’t have to be so difficult between herself and Sinead, not if she had decided that it wasn’t going to. Sure, they still had to be careful, and while Tanis did fear losing her legal representation, she knew that she would never be able to stay away from Sinead for long.
“Good,” she said with a crooked grin, feeling happy and at ease with the world, at least for now. It was easy enough to forget their circumstances when they were standing so close and Tanis felt comfortable with what was going on. It seemed that everything was going just fine.
“Because here I am.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:36 pm 

Tanis' addition was both juvenile and redundant and still Sinead couldn't contain a grin. It was hard to ignore the feeling of vertigo, fearing that she had yet to understand how careless this might have been. Sinead barely felt grounded in reality whenever she was in Tanis' company and that could soon prove to be a problem.
Thoughtless rather than out of genuine worry, Sinead glanced across her shoulder. Avi hadn't left his office, nor had he hung up the phone; the glance had been nothing else than a girlish antic.
When her eyes once again caught Tanis', Sinead's hands met her bare skin. Letting go of her arm, Sinead's fingers curved around Tanis' shoulders, fingers settling at the base of her neck, thumbs brushing against her pulse points. Then, as if in one continuous movement, Sinead leaned in to kiss Tanis.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:41 pm 

Not having a proper outlet for the nervous energy bubbling within her, Tanis couldn’t stop herself from giggling as she stretched up to meet Sinead’s lips properly. It was dangerous and probably for too risky for both of them, but especially for Tanis, yet she couldn’t find it within herself to ever reject Sinead. She knew that she would always give Sinead whatever she asked of her, no matter how risky it was for her.
Her hands found Sinead’s waist, the move not as much suggestive as it was to keep herself balanced as she stretched further up. The feeling of Sinead’s hands against her neck, seemingly needing to be constantly touching her. It was intoxicating and Tanis wanted more.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:12 pm 

No matter how much Sinead wanted to linger in the kiss, it was never intended for it to be anything else than a stolen moment. The weight of Tanis' hands against her waist, however, made a shiver run down Sinead's spine, immediately making her reconsider any and all sense of caution. It was hard to not lingering in the knowledge that there was no real danger in their presence, Sinead's hesitation stemming only out of a curtesy to Avi. So, she couldn't help but lean further into the kiss, smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.
When Sinead finally leaned out of the kiss, she did so reluctantly. Her hands had yet to leave Tanis' skin when she spoke her parting words.
"Let me get him for you," she said, the words having the clear intention of pulling them back to their crude reality. Her voice, however, remained soft, brushing a last caress to Tanis' neck as she retrieved her hands.
Finally, Sinead stepped out of the embrace. "He's on the phone with his mother, and she'll continue talking 'til somebody stops her."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:04 pm 

When their kiss was broken, it was a crude reminder to Tanis what this actually was any why she should never get too comfortable. Every loving interaction was on borrowed times, fully comprised of stolen moments that they had to cherish whenever they got them. It was something Tanis was used to but it still hurt whenever she was reminded that that was the life she was being forced to lead.
“Right,” she said, not too keen on no longer being in Sinead’s arms, but she knew that it was necessary. She was at the house for a reason after all and they had probably already done too much. It almost made Tanis sick to know the level of disrespect she was showing to Avi, who had been nothing but good and helpful to her, but she also couldn’t help how she felt about Sinead.
“Don’t want him to think that I am late,” she added, trying to ground herself in reality.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:06 am 

Sinead smiled, seeing the bitter sweet expressions on Tanis' face. It was a hard moment, being apart yet filled with the sense that it was unecessary. Avi wasn't here, and now she no longer had Tanis in her arms, Sinead could almost have wished she, for once, would let her in-law keep talking for as long as her heart desired.
"I'll cover for you if necessary," Sinead encouraged, not wanting to add anything to the worries on Tanis' mind. In reality, she knew it wouldn't be a situation that would ever occur; Avi would never question Tanis.
"Let me get him," she repeated, taking another step away from Tanis. Thoughtless, she brushed her palms against the legs of her trousers. "Have you eaten? Do you want a cup of coffee?"
There was a slight sense of strain to her voice, finding it difficult to figure out how she had ever been able to engage superficially with Tanis. It was hard beyond explanation to regain that sense of polite indifference. She had taken another step down the hallway before she glanced over her shoulder towards the other woman. "There's a fresh pot on the stove, if you'd like some."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:31 pm 

“Right, I’ll do that,” Tanis said in a soft voice, mostly because she wanted to do something that wasn’t just standing around and looking lost in the hallway. It seemed too startling for Sinead to revert back to her old polite self, even if it probably was what she could have expected. It was a terribly difficult situation and it was definitely something that Tanis should have known she was getting into, yet she was still never ready to handle whenever they were forced to face reality.
Instead, she just went to the kitchen, feeling awkward as she went to grab a mug and pour herself a cup of coffee. It was a familiar movement that helped her to ground herself before she was going to have to be meeting with Avi.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:53 pm 

The moment Sinead had finally turned her back to Tanis, hearing the other woman putter about, Sinead felt like she could laugh. She was excited beyond words, and though she wouldn't have asked anything of Tanis that wasn't sustainable, it all very quickly felt very daunting.
It translated to a bright smile as she gently opened the door to Avi's office.
Even before speaking, her husband looked up at her with a disoriented expression, clearly having done a poor job of managing his time.
"Sweetheart, I have Tanis for you," Sinead muttered, hand still on the doorknob.
Sinead could see the gears turning in Avi's mind, the continuous flow of Hindi from the phone making it hard for him to organize and separate the two languages.
"Maan," he tentatively interjected, before excusing himself to his mother, explaining how he had a client waiting for him.
Not knowing what else she was supposed to do with her day, Sinead started a quiet, "I can talk to her for a bit -"
To which Avi was quick to dismiss her suggestion with a wave of his hand.
"Goodbye, Maan, I'll talk to you next week," he concluded, this time in English, before hanging up the phone after having given his mother the opportunity to say her goodbyes and parting blessings.
When Avi's attention was finally properly on Sinead, it was clear that the chatter was still going on in his mind. "Will you send her in?"
"Of course," Sinead smiled, gently and overbearingly. It was, however, also an overstatement.
Her hand left the door knob in favour for the doorframe, leaning back into the hallway. "Come on in, Tanis."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:36 am 

Everything had seemed a lot easier when Tanis got here, still swept up in the emotions from the day before and how she and Sinead seemed to be at least somewhat on the same page in all of this. Now, however, Tanis felt sick to her stomach, holding the cup of coffee between both hands as she moved back towards the office, just in time for Sinead to call on her.
The idea of having to face Avi only moments after having kissed his wife was too much. She knew that she was being exceptionally cruel to a man that he been nothing but kind and helpful to her and it made her sick. She really wished that there was a way she could both be with Sinead but also not bring any harm to Avi, but that did not seem likely.
The real realisation came when she saw Sinead standing in the doorway to Avi’s office, making it so abundantly clear that they were a unit. It made Tanis relish the fact that she had something to do with her hands and just gripped onto the cup tighter.
“So now he has time to see me,” she stated, trying to come back to herself but her comment fell a little flat.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:19 pm 

It was only when they were all three standing within close proximity of one another that it dawned upon Sinead that she might be making things harder on Tanis than need be. The other woman seemed shy in the interaction and Sinead felt a pang in her heart, knowing she could have done things differently to ease that discomfort.
Avi, however, didn't seem to notice the tension in Sinead's shoulders. Instead, he seemed surprised by the tone Tanis took with him.
"Yes, of course, I apologize," he replied, straightening his posture better. Turning in his seat, he unearthed Tanis' file from beneath another several stacks of papers. "Have you been here long?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:12 pm 

Once Tanis saw how flustered Avi got at her comment, she felt a little bad about having commented at all. He was helping her in a way that no one else she knew ever could, and she kept feeling incredibly grateful to have him in her life.
“It’s not bad, I’m just teasing,” she stated as she sat down in front of Avi on the other side of the table. She took a sip from her coffee, finding it a nice distraction from actually looking at the man in front of her. She felt that she had made a terrible mistake in kissing Sinead, but she also knew that she would do it again in a heartbeat.
“Just a little on edge is all.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:23 pm 

It was clear that the two women had caught Avi in a split moment between son and attorney, seeming to hear different things in Tanis' voice than he otherwise would have paid any notice of. As if searching for an answer, Avi glanced up at his wife.
At that, Sinead startled. She knew Avi had only looked at her at the assumption that she had a better understanding of what had gotten Tanis' on edge, seeing as they had spent a few moments alone. Sinead, who did know why, only shrugged, not wanting to explain herself in that moment.
As Sinead didn't offer any insight, Avi's attention returned to Tanis. There was a slight air of skepticism in the way his brows furrowed, hesitantly opening her folder.
"You're alright, Tanis?" he asked, carefully but with no professionalism in his voice, even though the words itself might have reflected that. "Did something happen?"
Suddenly struck by a feeling of overstepping solely out of interest for whatever Tanis might reply, Sinead knew this was now a business meeting. It made her dizzy knowing she had overstayed her welcome, not being able to hear Tanis expanation.
"Let me get you a cup of coffee and I'll let you be," she offered, almost mindlessly. Sending an awkward glance at Tanis' profile, Sinead was quick to leave the office - though she did, selfishly, leave the door wide open.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next